PDA

View Full Version : Name titles - Bored of being a pixie?

Ryulin18
2012-02-22, 01:53 PM
I spent a while searching around and found the number of posts needed to ascend to the next level of name-hood! I did it because I was bored of being a pixie and in frustration, had to find out.

Ghost -
Pixie -
Halfling -
Dwarf -
Orc -
Barbarian -
Bugbear -
Ogre -
Troll -
Ettin -
Firbalg -
And all the mods have over

Now does this seem a very steep hill? I think they should throw a few smaller names in. - Skeleton, - kobold, - Elf, - Human

What do you think? Do they require some thinning out? Or am I just achievement hunting?

Castaras
2012-02-22, 01:56 PM
Aye. Almost correct. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659)

Inane Meowing goes here to plump out the post.

Serpentine
2012-02-22, 02:02 PM
Now does this seem a very steep hill? I think they should throw a few smaller names in. 10 - Skeleton, 20 - kobold, 75 - Elf, 200 - Human

What do you think? Do they require some thinning out? Or am I just achievement hunting?As the forum policy is "it doesn't matter and don't talk about it", it's highly unlikely they'll be adding anything in.

bluewind95
2012-02-22, 02:02 PM
Or am I just achievement hunting?

There's no achievement in post counts.

ThePhantasm
2012-02-22, 02:10 PM
Titles don't matter, and aren't "achievements." Treating them as such may lead someone to simply post like mad in order to "advance." That's not what a forum is about - a forum is about enjoying pleasant discussions, not racking up a huge post count.

Ryulin18
2012-02-22, 02:10 PM
Well I have recieved a few helpful messages to show me that posting data like this is against board rules. But unfortunately I have no idea how to remove a link so it can stay until the mods stumble across me. :smalltongue:

Sorry in advance Mods!

Ryulin18
2012-02-22, 02:22 PM
A forum is about enjoying pleasant discussions, not racking up a huge post count.

And that's why I love this place. But my inner elitist wants to see my name advancing. Even level 1's level up after a maximum of 10 fights.

Tyndmyr
2012-02-22, 02:34 PM
And that's why I love this place. But my inner elitist wants to see my name advancing. Even level 1's level up after a maximum of 10 fights.

Huh, wonder what Titan is...

Seriously though, if you like this sort of thing, I highly suggest popping over to the fitness thread and checking out fitocracy.

razark
2012-02-22, 03:52 PM
As the forum policy is "it doesn't matter and don't talk about it", it's highly unlikely they'll be adding anything in.
For all the suppression it faces, why hasn't someone just removed the feature already?

Serpentine
2012-02-22, 04:08 PM
I'm not sure if they can, and it's cute.

Rawhide
2012-02-22, 04:49 PM
User titles (and they are that, titles, not ranks as some people try to call them) are there to add fun and flair to the theme of the board. They are linked to post count because that's the only way we can do it. However, we want people to know that post count is meaningless on this board. It is not a measure of the size of your... ego. There is nothing to be gained by having a massive... post count. In fact, if you don't include content that adds to the discussion on a consistent basis, most people here will just think that you're a... spammer.

We've worked hard to foster a community that favours quality over quantity, and this is why we discourage the discussion of post counts.