PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder PEACH] New Paladin Archetype: Oathbound Against Fey

Roxxy
2012-02-24, 01:20 AM
In my homebrew campaign setting, the majority of the fey are not particularly friendly. In fact, for the most part they and humans are in active conflict, as the fey do a lot of evil things to humans. As a result of this, an oathbound paladin archetype for fey makes perfect sense for the campaign setting. So, I made one. Does it look balanced?

Oath Against Fey

A paladin who takes an oath against the fey is always reading to stand on the frontlines of humanity's war with the twisted creatures. They spend most of their time searching the wilds near settlements to track the creatures down, and learn a measure of woodsmanship as a direct result.

Weapons and Armor

A paladin does not gain proficiency with heavy armor.

Language

A paladin knows Sylvan.

Skills

A paladin gains Knowledge (Nature), Perception, Stealth, and Survival as class skills. She gains an additional 2 skill points per level.

Sylvan Hunter

At 3rd level a paladin gains the ranger's favored enemy ability as a first level ranger. She must choose fey as her favored enemy, and this ability does not improve as she gains paladin levels. It does, however, stack with ranger levels.

Sylvan Crusader

At 4th level a paladin gains the druid's Resist Nature’s Lure ability, but only against effects from fey, not against effects that target plants plants. She gains Track as a bonus feat.

This replaces the channel positive energy ability.

Divine Bond

This works like the paladin’s normal divine bond ability, except as follows. If the paladin’s bond is with a weapon, she cannot use that ability to add the brilliant energy, disruption, or merciful weapon properties, but she can add the bane weapon property (but only against fey). If the paladin’s bond is with her steed, the steed gains the paladin’s aura-based immunities and her aura does not affect allies.

This replaces the standard divine bond ability.

Code of Conduct

Protect humans from the depredations of the fey. Hunt them down in their sylvan hideaways and strongholds, and liberate those humans taken as Changeling slaves. Never allow an individual to fall prey to them if it can be avoided.

Cieyrin
2012-02-24, 09:41 AM
What does Sylvan Hunter replace or does it just get it?

You could probably give the normal benefits of Resist's Nature's Lure. The fey are probably sided by Druids, so having a resistance to some of their abilities isn't a bad thing.

Divine Bond seems nerfed unnecessarily.

Seems underpowered overall.

Roxxy
2012-02-24, 11:48 AM
Sylvan Hunter replaces the 3rd level mercy.

I thought that the full benefits of Resist Nature's Lure might be a bit much to get at the same time as track. As for druids, the only druids likely to side with the fey are either fey creatures with class levels or enslaved humans. Other druids, even evil ones, wouldn't likely attempt to bargain with the fey, as the fey would most likely sooner attack or enslave them than talk business.

Divine Bond is exactly the same as the version for the official Oathbound Against Wyrms archetype, except with dragons replaced by fey.

Cieyrin
2012-02-24, 06:56 PM
Sylvan Hunter replaces the 3rd level mercy.

I thought that the full benefits of Resist Nature's Lure might be a bit much to get at the same time as track. As for druids, the only druids likely to side with the fey are either fey creatures with class levels or enslaved humans. Other druids, even evil ones, wouldn't likely attempt to bargain with the fey, as the fey would most likely sooner attack or enslave them than talk business.

Divine Bond is exactly the same as the version for the official Oathbound Against Wyrms archetype, except with dragons replaced by fey.

Wait, PF doesn't have Track as a feat anymore. It's a Ranger class feature now that just makes you better at tracking.

I suppose Divine Bond isn't that bad, then.

Roxxy
2012-02-24, 08:59 PM
Yea, I made I mistake there. I meant for it to have the track class feature.