Level: Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 24 hours
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes

All XP penalties for multiclassing are ignored for the duration of the spell.

Material Component
A pinch of human’s hair.

TuggyNE
2012-02-25, 03:27 AM
Two questions:

Can this be made permanent?
How much bookkeeping do you expect to result from this?
How often do you expect to see this used?

OK, I lied, that was three. :smallredface:

Jon_Dahl
2012-02-25, 06:48 AM
Thank you asking tuggyne :)
Answers:
a. No.
b. I'm expecting that a wizard/sorcerer will cast this once per character every morning. So instead of deducting XP per encounter you will just lose one 2nd-level per day per character with multiclassing "problems". So I expect it to lessen bookkeeping, not increase it. One of your daily 2nd-level spells is always "tied" to remove the XP-penalty.
c. One per day per character with problematic multiclass-combo.

Kuma Kode
2012-02-25, 07:29 AM
Your group may be different, but from what I've seen, players either completely avoid multiclassing because it's not terribly intuitive for them or they plan their multiclassing well enough to avoid the penalties in the first place (my group is fairly split either way).

I don't really think the multiclass penalties were meant to be solved by a 2nd level spell. Not that it's a bad spell, but if you're willing to let that happen, you're probably better off houseruling the penalty away. If a significant portion of the group is running into this problem, well, you're still probably better houseruling it away than putting all the weight of their poor planning on the wizard.