PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Dragonborns

t209
2012-02-29, 01:22 PM
Anyone with Dragonblood (either through Intercourse or Power given by good or a fancy title). Inspired by Girard Draketooth's Grandmother mating with Dragon. Which one is your favorite...
Talos (Tiber Septim)- The emperor of Tamriel Empire, God of War and Governance, User of Thuum
God until his empire sell out by banning him after the Great War. Former name- Hjalti Early-Beard
Draketooth Clans- currently wiped out by Familicide but they're illusionists.
Daenerys Targaryen (Game of Thrones)
Dovahkiin- Protagonist of Skyrim, New Dragonborn
Septim Dynasty- Talos' family until Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion
When Martin sacrifice himself to save the world
D&D Dragonborns
I am picking Talos!

Eldan
2012-02-29, 02:08 PM
I'd like to nominate the heretical version of Talos' history, for being cool enough to fool an entire empire into thinking he had the Thu'um.

t209
2012-02-29, 10:45 PM
I'd like to nominate the heretical version of Talos' history, for being cool enough to fool an entire empire into thinking he had the Thu'um.

Actually
Elves beat the crap out of the empire and forced to sign a treaty that banned Talos.

Eldan
2012-03-01, 05:10 AM
That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the heresy which claims that the man who would become Talos killed his rightful king, pretended to be him and allied himself with an undead nordic king in order to take power over the empire. He invented the whole "My throat was cut by an assassin" story in order to explain his sudden loss of Thu'um.

Eldan
2012-03-01, 05:19 AM
That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the heresy which claims that the man who would become Talos killed his rightful king, pretended to be him and allied himself with an undead nordic king in order to take power over the empire. He invented the whole "My throat was cut by an assassin" story in order to explain his sudden loss of Thu'um.

t209
2012-03-01, 12:46 PM
Just being Curious, who started The Dragonborn? I heard that it was used before Skyrim.
If Draketooth's ancestor was not a black dragon, I am hoping that they will become victims to Elan's questions.
Elan: So, your ancestor were dragon
Draketooth: Yes?
Elan: So how is it possible?
(Squicks)

Eldan
2012-03-01, 12:55 PM
Talos and the Septim have been called Dragonborn in Oblivion. Probably in Morrowind too, though I don't really remember. Daggerfall I never got to play. That said, the Imperial sign has always been a dragon.

t209
2012-03-01, 01:00 PM
Talos and the Septim have been called Dragonborn in Oblivion. Probably in Morrowind too, though I don't really remember. Daggerfall I never got to play. That said, the Imperial sign has always been a dragon.

No, what I mean is outside of Elderscrolls settings? I think D&D have been using Dragonborn before Elderscrolls (which was released as Arena in 1994 and Oblivion in 2003)

GenericGuy
2012-03-01, 01:47 PM
http://andersson.elfwood.com/DragonLayer.2524328.html

Because she is the most hillarious dragonborn circumstance I've ever seen.

Eldan
2012-03-01, 01:54 PM
No, what I mean is outside of Elderscrolls settings? I think D&D have been using Dragonborn before Elderscrolls (which was released as Arena in 1994 and Oblivion in 2003)

According to Wikipedia, they only used that term in third edition, so relatively late.

t209
2012-03-01, 04:06 PM
According to Wikipedia, they only used that term in third edition, so relatively late.

So D&D ripped off Elderscroll's Dragonborn term?
To thos D&D Fans- Elderscrolls Dragonborn was to describe those gifted with the power of Akatosh (who is a dragon god of time). Not those born from hot skitty moment.
Does this vide0 help describe Dragonborn's power (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv1VWb6nLK0&annotation_id=annotation_437463&feature=iv&src_vid=CArejI2nZLg) (3:26)?
If Draketooths were not killed by familicide (or at least their ancestor was non black dragon), what would OOTS face in hostility (Dragonborn or D&D equivalent)?
- They can't shout (except for D&D spell).
- Will they get powers from the video.

Eldan
2012-03-01, 07:23 PM
Wouldn't know about ripping off. I mean, it's not that hard a term to come up with for someone who has the power of dragons. And D&D dragonborn don't share much in common with those of Elder Scrolls, where it was a rather vague term anyhow before Skyrim.

IrnBruAddict
2012-03-01, 07:53 PM
This dude:

http://images.wikia.com/popolocrois/images/8/8b/Prince_pietro.png
Prince Pietro of Popolocrois

Your Dragonborn saved the world? this kid was doing that at age 15. Hell, when he was only 10 years old he went to Hell to save his mother. Yeah, you heard right:

A 10 YEAR-OLD WENT TO HELL AND DRAGGED HIS MUM'S SOUL OUT!!!!!!

Badass!:smallcool:

I can name many more though:

Flemmeth from Dragon Age
Ryu from Breath of Fire
Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail
Jake Long from American Dragon
Soren from Fire Embelm
Caitlin Cormac from Wyrmwick
Tyris Flare in Golden Axe
Liu Kang in Mortal Kombat
Einon in Dragonheart

Its a really common thing in media. Not quite as common as descended from a god but not far off.

t209
2012-03-01, 08:58 PM
This dude:

http://images.wikia.com/popolocrois/images/8/8b/Prince_pietro.png
Prince Pietro of Popolocrois

Your Dragonborn saved the world? this kid was doing that at age 15. Hell, when he was only 10 years old he went to Hell to save his mother. Yeah, you heard right:

A 10 YEAR-OLD WENT TO HELL AND DRAGGED HIS MUM'S SOUL OUT!!!!!!

Badass!:smallcool:

I can name many more though:

Flemmeth from Dragon Age
Ryu from Breath of Fire
Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail
Jake Long from American Dragon
Soren from Fire Embelm
Caitlin Cormac from Wyrmwick
Tyris Flare in Golden Axe
Liu Kang in Mortal Kombat
Einon in Dragonheart

Its a really common thing in media. Not quite as common as descended from a god but not far off.
Well, my dragonborn (Dovahkiin) is gifted by gods, not by love. He defeated
a Dragon son of the god Akatosh. I used with my dragon power to banish him from Skyrim (and supported the now ruined empire built by previous Dovahkiin (Talos).

IrnBruAddict
2012-03-01, 09:39 PM
Would Grey Wardens count? Think about it:

Archdemons/Old Gods are just dragon gods
Darkspawn are mortal races corrupted by the Archdemons blood
Wardens use the power of Darkspawn blood to be able to fight the Archdemons

So a second hand link but still one none-the-less. So then Alistair and my awesome City Elf rouge warden would also count. Using a dragons own powers to gain the power to defeat it, the same way Dragon Slayers in Fairy Tail and the Thum in Skyrim work. So the best way to kill a dragon is to use dragon powers!

t209
2012-03-03, 11:43 AM
But..There is one we missed;
In their tongue, he's Duncan; FIRE BREATHER!
(cue sons of skyrim).

t209
2012-04-01, 11:58 PM
What kind of power does Dragonblood (like Draketooths) have?