PDA

View Full Version : Tainted Blood [3.5e Creature]

Milo v3
2012-03-14, 07:39 AM
Sanguine Venom
Tiny Ooze
Hit Dice:1d10-1(4 HP)
Initiative:+3
Speed: 20 ft., climb 20 ft., swim 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class:16 (+3 Dex, +1 natural, +2 size), touch 15, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple:+0/-11
Attack: Tendril +5 (1d2–2 plus poison)
Full Attack: Tendril +5 (1d2–2 plus poison)
Space/Reach:2-1/2 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Poison
Special Qualities: Ooze Traits, Scent
Saves: Fort -1, Ref +3, Will +1
Abilities: Str 4, Dex 17, Con 8, Int -, Wis 13, Cha 2
Skills:-
Feats:-
Environment: Any Underground
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating:1/2
Treasure:None
Alignment:Always Neutral
Advancement:2-3 (Small), 4-5 (Medium)
Level Adjustment:-

An ooze made from a mixture of blood and the ambient positive energy in the air. As such they are often seen in slums where there are a lot of fights and a huge amount of people.

They're only thoughts are of feeding on more blood as they can only survive by feeding on the residual positive energy within the sanguine fluid.

Combat
When in combat it partially solidifies part of its body into a sanguine tendril which it uses to attack its foes. The bloody body of the ooze is toxic to the touch and poisons anyone hit by its strikes.
Poison (Ex): A Sanguine Venom has a poisonous tendril that deals initial and secondary damage of 1d6 Con. The save DC is 10. The save DCs are Constitution-based.

Familiar
Sanguine Venoms are acceptable choices for a Familiar. They act as a normal familiar and its type is changed to Magical Beast.

A master with a Sanguine Venom familiar gains +2 bonus on fortitude saves.

phantomreader42
2012-03-14, 02:03 PM
If they feed on blood, and they're made of blood, perhaps they should be able to advance by size, growing larger as they consume more.

Milo v3
2012-03-14, 03:36 PM
If they feed on blood, and they're made of blood, perhaps they should be able to advance by size, growing larger as they consume more.

I was going to allow this to be a familiar so I thought that would make it overpowered. I've added advancement though.