PDA

View Full Version : nevermind

GlenBricker
2012-03-31, 12:14 PM
Nevermind,

I may have screwed up this rule so I am editing myself

Posting advertisements for commercial products, services, or events will result in an immediate ban, and all advertisements removed. Note that a suggestion of a product in the course of a related discussion is not considered advertising (unless the poster holds a personal stake in the finances of the company suggested). For example, if you are posting to a thread regarding d20 rules for shipboard combat, feel free to point other posters to a sourcebook on the topic. You can even link to the company that publishes it—as long as you do not work for that company. But do not start a thread whose sole purpose is to trumpet Book X and declare its greatness to the population at large.

I'll see if I can delete this

Domochevsky
2012-03-31, 03:41 PM
Uhm... did you ask Rich about his opinion on this? Y'know, since this seems to involve money. :smallconfused:

GlenBricker
2012-03-31, 07:15 PM
Thanks Domochevsky,

I had not found a way to contact them before but I have now.

Forums are always confusing. There is this rule against posting to commercial interests but there is also this rule:

You may always advertise or link to works of art online, such as other webcomics, fiction sites, music sites, or anything else that generates original artistic content—even if that site also makes a profit off of that work. We don't want the rules against advertising to prevent people from discovering new creative works that they will love, and we don't want to penalize artists for trying to make a living off of their work. However, if a site only resells creative work and does not have any of that work available online, then it is primarily a commercial site and cannot be advertised here.

really don't know, so I have asked the forum