PDA

View Full Version : Who is the one player you wish you still kept in contact with?

junglesteve
2012-04-02, 10:10 AM
I originally read a thread like this on MMOchampion for WoW. It jarred some memories of my youth playing EQ, Anarchy Online, FFXI, and a ton of other non MMO multiplayer games.

For me I would have to say I miss my old linkshell in FFXI. Jaina, our leader, was pretty easy going and selfless. She was always ready to lend a hand and take time out of her leveling to help camp a notorious monster for a few hours or help you unlock a new advanced job. Stenwulf! Oh boy do I miss Stenwulf! That sucker taught me how to make gil like it was nobodies business! Best ranger and monk to ever touch that game.

Any players from P&P or other video games any of you wish you still kept in contact with?

Castaras
2012-04-02, 10:20 AM
I was part of a small clan on Runescape called the Ragnarok Clan. There's a few people on there who I would quite like to know how they're doing nowadays.

But I have no idea if I want to try make contact with them again - they were very different people to me. Awesome people, but I'm not so sure I'd get along with them as easily nowadays. :smallfrown:

All the people I've wanted to keep in contact with from Anarchy Online I have attempted to do so - with most, it's worked, and I still poke them over facebook every now and again. :smallsmile:

Other than that... I played WoW pretty much entirely singleplayer, without joining any clans. So nobody from there. Otherwise, most of the people online I keep in contact with are playgrounders. :smallsmile:

Dr. Bath
2012-04-02, 10:25 AM
I'm terrible at keeping contact with anyone online. So all of the people who could stand me I guess?

I particularly miss Quincunx and Player Zero though. No idea how I'd get in touch now, hope they're doing well.

Grinner
2012-04-02, 10:27 AM
I was part of a small clan on Runescape called the Ragnarok Clan. There's a few people on there who I would quite like to know how they're doing nowadays.

Small? I could have sworn they won one of the clan competitions?

Togath
2012-04-02, 10:35 AM
I sort of wish I had kept on contact with a guild I was a member of in eq2, I'm pretty sure it still exists though, so someday I may get around to seeing if I can get back in contact with them.

Castaras
2012-04-02, 11:18 AM
Small? I could have sworn they won one of the clan competitions?

What year was this? Might not have been the Ragnarok clan I was in back in... 2006/2005ish. (this was before official clan interface in Runescape).

Grinner
2012-04-02, 11:25 AM
What year was this? Might not have been the Ragnarok clan I was in back in... 2006/2005ish. (this was before official clan interface in Runescape).

I honestly don't remember. It was definitely after the implementation of the clan interface, though.

Castaras
2012-04-02, 04:04 PM
Yeah, after my time then. :smallsmile: I left quite a bit before the wilderness got messed about with, the clan interface, etc. etc.

Alaris
2012-04-02, 10:46 PM
An old friend I used to play Starcraft I with all the time, when I was a much younger man. He went by the name "Kill_Me_Plz" on there. They were good times...

Starwulf
2012-04-03, 01:42 AM
I originally read a thread like this on MMOchampion for WoW. It jarred some memories of my youth playing EQ, Anarchy Online, FFXI, and a ton of other non MMO multiplayer games.

For me I would have to say I miss my old linkshell in FFXI. Jaina, our leader, was pretty easy going and selfless. She was always ready to lend a hand and take time out of her leveling to help camp a notorious monster for a few hours or help you unlock a new advanced job. Stenwulf! Oh boy do I miss Stenwulf! That sucker taught me how to make gil like it was nobodies business! Best ranger and monk to ever touch that game.

Any players from P&P or other video games any of you wish you still kept in contact with?

What server were you on in FFXI?

junglesteve
2012-04-03, 01:35 PM
I played on ifrit under the name Dagon. Boy did I get a lot of tells from lovecrafters and had no idea what they were talking about.

Karoht
2012-04-03, 03:00 PM
I miss all of Sigma guild. Even the jerkwads. Why?

We were a calgary-based guild. Namely, all the players were from Calgary Alberta Canada. We did a few live meetups, one zoo trip, one weenie roast. These guys were a great crew to be with. We didn't progress very far, but we did lots of non-traditional stuff, like our material pool 50/50 draws, our level 1 races, scavenger hunts. They were also the first guild I actually raided with, whereas before I was usually joining up with Pick-Up Groups (PUGs), instead.

I miss Fethra and her Tree Druid song. She played an Arms Warrior.
I miss Opal and her bear druid tank. First female tank I ever met, infinitely better than all the male tanks I'd ever run with, and she was a druid, back when being a druid tank was only moderately viable. Good times.
I miss dah-day Murrax. He was kind of the guild dad. I'll never forget the day that he hooked me up with a boatload of enchants. At the time I didn't understand enchanting very well, or the costs. He dropped easily 2000 bucks in materials (it was something like 5000 for epic flying, both figures were a lot of money back then) and he could have easily sold those materials or his services for much much more.
I miss Kyle. Who tanked without wearing pants. Both in game and in real life, or so I am told. Hilarious guy, always willing to help out with things. Sadly, he stopped playing because he's spent that last several years in and out of hospital due to some kind of spinal issue. Last I heard of the guy, he'd lost the function of his legs. Sadness.

In my current guild, I've seen faces come and go. Our guild leader had to leave due to work scheduling, and join another guild with a better schedule. There have been a few other players who have been transient much in the same way. I miss many of them, some because they were great players, some because they were great people.

Grinner
2012-04-03, 03:04 PM
In my current guild, I've seen faces come and go. Our guild leader had to leave due to work scheduling, and join another guild with a better schedule. There have been a few other players who have been transient much in the same way. I miss many of them, some because they were great players, some because they were great people.

Such is life.

I'm curious. What game was this?

Starwulf
2012-04-03, 03:07 PM
I played on ifrit under the name Dagon. Boy did I get a lot of tells from lovecrafters and had no idea what they were talking about.

Hmm, ifrit....wasn't that the server Milich was on? I know one of the Allakhazam monk legends was on Ifrit, I just can't remember which. In the meantime, that explains why I recognize the names you mentioned, as when I sold my account to my best friend(yes, that's the truth, no supporting gil-sellers on my part), he migrated to Ifrit alongside his cousins and Uncle who also played.

I started on Lakshimi, but migrated to Odin to join up with a couple of other friends. A monk named Shadowwulf, one of the best on the server ^^

Karoht
2012-04-03, 03:17 PM
Such is life.

I'm curious. What game was this?
My game World of Warcraft, I've been playing since the original beta. I'm also NOT one of the stereotyped elitist jerkwads, though I do run high-end content with pretty decent success.

My current guild is a very close knit group of people, some of us have been together for 3 years. Some of the people on my friends list I have been playing with since the hayday of Diablo 2.

I've found that the most common thing (9/10) we lose people to has been real life. The Family/School/Work triangle is very potent.

Krazzman
2012-04-04, 05:50 AM
In Ragnarok Online I missed Slytherin, a Female Knight. It was quite fun but she stopped showing up. We could have needed her in a few later WoE's...

For WoW... lemme see
My first guild (Wilde Meute) nearly all of them, I would like to chat with em again. Schattenwelt from my second Guild would be another one. And I would really like it if my last 2 raidleaders would play Tera with us...but sadly they stay to WoW.

For Pen and Paper I have had a hard time.
One of our Guys (was a bit childish but fun), one other might have been a bit of a douche when it came to cheating but was generally fun to be with.
One works for the "army" and jeah... he has not really time for pnp anymore. If he has it's pretty sporadic. Last session we had was in december, last time seen was on new years eve.
And one of the guys didn't even thought about inviting us to gaming a few weeks ago what made me kinda feel dumped...