PDA

View Full Version : Zelda inspired Base Class for 3.5 PLEASE PEACH THIS!!!!

Empedocles
2012-04-03, 01:52 PM
This class is intended to create a good Tier 3 character based on Link from the Zelda series. It is heavily inspired by the Hero of Time (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238270) base class, which is an excellent class that I recommend you take a look at.

Chosen Warrior

http://i.imgur.com/sFUJM.png

There will always be darkness. There will always be evil. But as long as I'm alive, they shall not prevail!
-Link

GAME RULE INFORMATION
Chosen Warriors have the following game statistics.
Abilities: Strength, dexterity, and constitution are all important as the chosen warrior is generally a front line combatant. Charisma is also extremely important as it controls most of his supernatural abilities.
Alignment: Chosen Warriors are always good when they take their 1st level in this class, but they can turn to evil, and they will retain their class abilities.
Hit Die: d10
Starting Age: Chosen warriors are usually extremely young for their level of combat prowess. Their starting age is as their race +1d2.
Starting Gold: As fighter.

Class Skills
The Chosen Warrior's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are...
Balance, Climb, Handle Animal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (history), Knowledge (local), Knowledge (nature), Listen, Move Silently, Perform (ocarina), Ride, Spot, and Tumble.

Skill Points at First Level: (4 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Chosen Warrior
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+2|Ocarina (Light, Steed), Dekku Mask, Bunny Hood, Bomb Bag

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+3|
+3|Blade of the Chosen, Whirlwind Attack

3rd|
+3|
+1|
+3|
+3|Ocarina (Charm), Mask of Scents, Hookshot

4th|
+4|
+1|
+4|
+4|Blade of the Chosen +1, Bremen Mask

5th|
+5|
+1|
+4|
+4|Goron Mask, Din's Fire

6th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+5|
+5|Weapon Focus (Blade of the Chosen), Ocarina (Sleep), Blast Mask

7th|
+7/+2|
+2|
+5|
+5|Blade of the Chosen +2, Knockback Strike

8th|
+8/+3|
+2|
+6|
+6|Ocarina (healing), Improved Whirlwind Attack

9th|
+9/+4|
+3|
+6|
+6|Nayru's Love, Finishing Move

10th|
+10/+5|
+3|
+7|
+7|Greater Weapon Focus (Blade of the Chosen)

11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+3|
+7|
+7|Blade of the Chosen +3

12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+4|
+8|
+8|Zora Mask, Farore's Wind

13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+4|
+8|
+8|Weapon Specialization (Blade of the Chosen)

14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+4|
+9|
+9|Song of Warping, Bombchu

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+5|
+9|
+9|Blade of the Chosen +4, Greater Weapon Specialization

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+10|
+10|Mask of the Giant, Ocarina (Storm)

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10|Blade of the Chosen +5, Stone Mask

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+11|
+11|Song of the Sun, Weapon Supremacy

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+11|
+11|Blade of the Chosen +6

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+12|
+12|Mask of the Fierce Deity[/table]

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the chosen warrior.

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: The chosen warrior is proficient with all simple weapons, all martial weapons, light armor, and shields (but not Tower shields).

Bomb Bag:The Chosen Warrior gains access to bombs. Bombs are splash weapons with a range increment of 15 ft, and deal 1d6 points of damage to its primary target and 1 point of damage to enemies adjacent to the primary target. If used against an unattended object, bombs ignore hardness and instead directly damage the object.

For every 4 levels of Chosen Warrior the wielder of the Bombs has, the Bombs gain +5 ft. range, + 1d6 points of damage to the primary target, and +1 point of damage to the secondary targets. Beginning at 14th level, the Chosen Warrior gains access to Bombchu's, which travel at a speed equal to twice the bombs range and keep going until they hit something or 5 rounds have passed. You can set them to explode sooner, if you wish.

The Shield: The Chosen Warrior is a master of Sword and Shield style combat, and gains a shield of his choice that he is proficient in. This shield can't be made from special materials, but is considered masterwork.

The shield gains a +1 enhancement bonus for every 4 levels that the Chosen Warrior gains. The Chosen Warrior can choose to replace this enhancement bonus for an equivalent enchantment, but the shield must be at least a +1 in order to be enchanted. Beginning at 16th level, the Chosen Warrior gains access to the Mirror Shield, which lets you count the shields bonus to your AC versus touch attacks.

Ocarina: The ocarina is a magical instrument that all chosen warriors are skilled in the use of. Using it is similar to using the Bardic Music ability, but the effects in creates are different.

Song of Light: One of the first two songs the chosen warrior learns. With a successful DC 10 Perform (ocarina) check he can cast light as a wizard of his class level.

Song of the Steed: The second of the chosen warrior's first two songs. It allows him to summon one light warhorse with a DC 15 Perform (ocarina) check. The warhorse lasts until the chosen warrior dismisses it, but if killed, the chosen warrior cannot summon a new warhorse for two weeks.

Song of Charming: This song functions as a charm person cast by a wizard of the chosen warrior's class levels. The save DC is equal to the result of the chosen warrior's Perform (ocarina) check when he uses this song.

Song of Sleep: This song requires a DC 20 Perform (ocarina) check to successfully play. If the chosen warrior succeeds, everybody within a 30 ft. radius must make a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 chosen warrior levels + charisma modifier) or fall asleep for 1d6+charisma modifier rounds.

Song of Healing: At 8th level, the chosen warrior learns to heal with his music. He can use this ability a number of times per day equal to his charisma modifier. Activating it requires a Perform (ocarina) check, and the result determines what kind of healing is performed.

Perform (ocarina) 10: Cure Minor Wounds
Perform (ocarina) 15: Cure Light Wounds
Perform (ocarina) 20: Cure Moderate Wounds
Perform (ocarina) 25: Cure Serious Wounds
Perform (ocarina) 30: Cure Critical Wounds

The CL for these is 1/2 the chosen warrior's class levels.

Song of Warping: This song allows the chosen warrior to mark up to three locations. Then, as a full round action, he can make a Perform (ocarina) check (DC 25) to immediately teleport there. This ability can only be used once per day.

Song of the Storm: By making a DC 25 Perform (ocarina) check the chosen warrior can create a whirlwind (as the spell) focused on himself. His CL is considered 1/2 his class levels, but he must make a DC 20 Perform (ocarina) check each round to maintain the whirlwind and it is automatically dispelled at the end of its natural duration (which is a number of rounds equal to 1/2 his class levels).

Song of the Sun: This song allows the chosen warrior to make a Perform (ocarina) check (DC 30). If he succeeds, the AM and PM of a specific area essentially switch, and anyone within the affected area must make a DC 25 Will save to notice. This does not actually change time, and it affects the general area of a small town, but it's basically up to the DM. Full credit to the Hero of Time for this ability. I just needed it for a Link based class...

Masks: The masks are the second primary ability of the chosen warrior, which allow him to transform into a completely separate race temporarily. All masks, except the Mask of the Fierce Deity, are usable a number of times per day equal to the chosen warrior's charisma modifier, and last a number of rounds equal to his class level plus his charisma modifier.

Bunny Hood: This mask increases the chosen warrior's speed by 10 feet and grants him a +5 bonus to all Jump checks. He takes a -4 penalty on all Intimidate checks because...he has bunny ears.

Mask of the Dekku: This mask transforms the chosen warrior into a deku scrub. He becomes size small, although he does not gain the normal ability adjustments this would entail (he does gain other benefits and penalties, such as the +1 to AC). He gains a +2 dexterity and a -2 to constitution. He gains a natural attack called a "seed," which is just him spitting out a wooden seed at an enemy. It has a range of 40 ft. and deals 1d8 points of damage.
A deku chosen warrior: http://i.imgur.com/mQpif.png

Mask of Scents: As the name would suggest the mask of scents grants the chosen warrior the scent ability.

Bremen Mask: This mask gives the chosen warrior the ability to use charm animals as a spell-like ability at will while the mask lasts. The save DC is 10 + 1/2 his class levels (minimum 1) + his charisma modifier, and his CL is equal to his class levels.

Mask of the Goron: At 5th level the chosen warrior gains a mask that allows him to transform into a goron. He gains a +2 to strength, -2 dexterity, a +4 bonus on bull rush and grapple attempts, and a +2 natural armor bonus to AC. If a chosen warrior wearing this mask assumes the total defense action he becomes immobile, but the AC bonus increases from +4 to +7.
A goron chosen warrior:http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/7/79/Goron_(Twilight_Princess).png

Blast Mask: This mask gives the chosen warrior to create a small explosion around him. All adjacent things take 1d8 points of damage per 2 class levels he possesses (Reflex save DC 10 + charisma bonus + 1/2 class levels, minimum 1, halves). The chosen warrior is also subject to damage.

Mask of the Zora: At 12th level the chosen warrior gains a mask that allows him to transform into an aquatic zora. While wearing the mask he gains the aquatic subtype and the associated bonuses, a swim speed equal to his land speed, a +2 dexterity, and two natural attacks that deal 1d8 points of slashing damage each.
A zora chosen warrior:http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/8/89/Zora_Link_Artwork.png

Mask of the Giant: This mask increases the chosen warrior's size to large. His clothes and the blade of the chosen one also increase in size, but nothing else he is carrying does.

Stone Mask: This mask makes the wearer invisible, as the spell. It is automatically deactivated (and the chosen warrior left wearing a silly looking mask) if he makes an attack.

Mask of the Fierce Deity: This mask increases the warrior's size to large, grants him a +6 bonus to strength, +4 constitution, +4 deflection bonus to AC, and immunity to all mind affecting spells and death effects. His clothes and the blade of the chosen one also increase in size, but nothing else he is carrying does. In addition, while this mask lasts the chosen warrior can shoot blasts of energy out of his chosen sword. These are ranged touch attacks that deal damage as his sword would. Melee attacks the chosen warrior makes while wearing the Mask of the Fierce Deity are also treated as touch attacks. This mask is only usable once per week.
A Chosen warrior with the fierce deity mask (large image): http://i.imgur.com/FKvlxl.png

Blade of the Chosen One: At 2nd level, the chosen warrior gains a unique sword that increases in power with him. He can choose what type of weapon it is, and it's automatically masterwork. At 4th level, it gains a +1 enhancement bonus, at 7th level +2, +3 at 11th level, +4 at 15th level, +5 at 17th level, and +6 at 20th level (this does not allow him to bypass the normal enhancement limits).

Whirlwind Attack: At 2nd level a chosen warrior gains whirlwind attack as a bonus feat. At 8th level he can use the whirlwind attack feet to attack anyone within 10 feet. This extends to 15 feet if he's using his chosen weapon (Blade of the Chosen One).

Clawshot:This item can launch a length of chain up to 100 ft. By making a ranged touch attack against a surface, you can pull yourself to areas not normally accessible. This attack deals 1d6+5 points of damage, and if you deal more damage than the objects hardness, you latch on. If you latch on, you can pull yourself to the object as a full round action. Releasing is a free action.

For every 4 levels of Chosen Warrior the wielder of the Hookshot has, the Hookshot gains +50 ft. range, +1 Attack/Damage. Beginning at 16th level, the Chosen Warrior gains the use of a second Hookshot, allowing him to use this ability even when he's already latched on to another surface.

Din's Fire: At 5th level, as a standard action, the chosen warrior can create a 30 ft. burst of flames centered on himself. He does not take damage from this, but everyone else in the range of the blast takes 1d6 points of fire damage for every 2 chosen warrior levels he possesses. He can use this ability a number of times per day equal to his charisma modifier.

Weapon Focus (Blade of the Chosen): At 6th level, the chosen warrior gets weapon focus with his chosen blade. At 10th level this increases to greater weapon focus, at 13th level he also gains weapon specialization, at 15th level this increases to Greater Weapon specialization, and at 18th level he gains Weapon Supremacy (PHB II). These feats only apply to his specific chosen weapon, and he can ignore the prerequisites for them.

Knockback Strike: Starting at 7th level if a chosen warrior makes a full attack and he hits with at least two of the attacks the enemy he's attacking is knocked prone.

Finishing Move: At 9th level the chosen warrior can perform a coup de grace against any prone opponent with 20 or less HP as a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

Nayru's Love: At 9th level, a chosen warrior gains the ability to as a standard action surround himself with a diamond-shaped magical barrier. He gains DR 10/- and a +4 deflection bonus to AC. The barrier lasts for a number of rounds equal to his class level, and is usable a number of times per day equal to his charisma modifier.

Farore's Wind: At 12th level, a number of times per day equal to his charisma modifier, the chosen warrior can, as an immediate action, teleport from his current location to any location within 5 ft. per two levels of chosen warrior he possesses (so 30 ft. when he gains this ability at 12th level, and an additional 5 ft. every 2 levels thereafter). If this ability is used in response to an attack the attack has a 50% miss chance. This ability cannot be used in response to an attack if the chosen warrior was unaware of the attack and would be denied his dexterity bonus to AC.

Empedocles
2012-04-03, 01:53 PM
Reserved for cool stuff :smallsmile:

Well-Practiced Musician
Prerequisites: Perform (any instrument) 5 ranks.
Benefits: This feat allows the performer to always take 10 on perform checks with an instrument.

Master of the Ocarina
Prerequisites: Perform (ocarina) 8 ranks, Skill Focus (Perform (ocarina).
Benefits: A character with this feat gets a +4 bonus on all Perform (ocarina) checks.
Special: A chosen warrior with this feat also reduces the Perform (ocarina) check DC of each of his Songs by 2.

togapika
2012-04-03, 03:12 PM
No shooting beams from sword while wearing fierce deity mask?

Empedocles
2012-04-03, 05:12 PM
No shooting beams from sword while wearing fierce deity mask?

Was that a thing? I'll add it...

Empedocles
2012-04-03, 09:49 PM
Well over 100 views and only 1 response...is it that bad? Any suggestions?

eftexar
2012-04-03, 10:57 PM
I actually thought it was pretty good (just didn't get around to commenting). Of course you forgot Farore's wind.

Empedocles
2012-04-03, 11:01 PM
I actually thought it was pretty good (just didn't get around to commenting). Of course you forgot Farore's wind.

I do know about Farore's Wind...not sure how to implement it without overlapping with the warp song though. Any ideas?

Lappy9001
2012-04-03, 11:03 PM
Well over 100 views and only 1 response...is it that bad? Any suggestions?It's been less than a day for starters, and it also tracks how many times you've looked at it. Just be patient :smallsmile:

Although...this is a great looking class. The level of polish and lore abilities look stellar, and it really captures how versatile a warrior Link can be. I would totally play this class in a heartbeat.

Can't really find anything wrong with it, honestly. Except that you could probably do without crediting the other poster inside of the ability margins :smalltongue:

It's a nice gesture, but you already gave credit in the beginning, and that should be enough.

Great class :smallcool:

I do know about Farore's Wind...not sure how to implement it without overlapping with the warp song though. Any ideas?How about Dimension Door (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dimensionDoor.htm)?

Empedocles
2012-04-03, 11:06 PM
It's been less than a day for starters, and it also tracks how many times you've looked at it. Just be patient :smallsmile:

Although...this is a great looking class. The level of polish and lore abilities look stellar, and it really captures how versatile a warrior Link can be. I would totally play this class in a heartbeat.

Can't really find anything wrong with it, honestly. Except that you could probably do without crediting the other poster inside of the ability margins :smalltongue:

It's a nice gesture, but you already gave credit in the beginning, and that should be enough.

Great class :smallcool:

How about Dimension Door (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dimensionDoor.htm)?

Dimension door...such a simple solution! Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

I appreciate the compliments a lot. I'm also a very impatient person... yeah...:smallfrown: I felt like I had to give credit for that one ability because most of this, while inspired by the hero of time, was my own independent ideas. That ability though was (in my opinion) and stroke of mild genius by the hero of time's creator and I had to copy it almost word for word. So I would've felt bad without it.

eftexar
2012-04-03, 11:07 PM
Ah I see where Farore's Wind could overlap. Well a couple of things your could do are:
Allow him to use it to warp to the entrance of whatever area he is in (which is more in line with the game).
Or allow him a short distance teleport instead, maybe something along the lines of flicker.

Empedocles
2012-04-03, 11:09 PM
Ah I see where Farore's Wind could overlap. Well a couple of things your could do are:
Allow him to use it to warp to the entrance of whatever area he is in (which is more in line with the game).
Or allow him a short distance teleport instead, maybe something along the lines of flicker.

I made it like dimension door, although I'm open to alternatives. The door idea is tempting, but a big error a lot of people make when they convert from video games to tabletop RPGs is that they don't make the abilities feel as realistic as a tabletop RPG needs them to be (because D&D is so big on realism!)

eftexar
2012-04-04, 12:36 AM
I guess I was sort of beaten to the punch on teleportation. I see what you mean about 'realism' though.
I still think you should swap the dimension door effect for something like the flicker mystery. Its basically the same but with a shorter range, doesn't end your turn, and can be used as an immediate action.

Empedocles
2012-04-04, 12:46 AM
I guess I was sort of beaten to the punch on teleportation. I see what you mean about 'realism' though.
I still think you should swap the dimension door effect for something like the flicker mystery. Its basically the same but with a shorter range, doesn't end your turn, and can be used as an immediate action.

Alright...I'm doing that. It makes it more of a combat based ability and more fitting with the flavor for the spell.

Anyone know approximately what Tier this would be?

eftexar
2012-04-04, 12:56 AM
Tier? That's actually pretty difficult to discern in this case...
I would say tier 3 and 1/2. It doesn't have quite enough options to make a tier 3 (leaning more towards tier 4), but with a bit of ingenuity (because of its wide spread of options) it would function just like a tier 3 (so its designed like a tier 4, but functions like a tier 3 if that makes any sense at all).
I don't think I've ever been so confused over what tier a class is before.

Empedocles
2012-04-04, 12:59 AM
Tier? That's actually pretty difficult to discern in this case...
I would say tier 3 and 1/2. It doesn't have quite enough options to make a tier 3 (leaning more towards tier 4), but with a bit of ingenuity (because of its wide spread of options) it would function just like a tier 3 (so its designed like a tier 4, but functions like a tier 3 if that makes any sense at all).
I don't think I've ever been so confused over what tier a class is before.

Wait...it doesn't have enough options to make a tier 3 so it leans towards tier 4...but with ingenuity that is made possible by its wide spread of options it would function like a tier 3. You contradicted yourself here... Could you please clarify? In any case, if it's around tier 3 that's good :smallsmile:

eftexar
2012-04-04, 01:41 AM
I know I did (couldn't think of better wording at the time). Lets try to clarify here...
- Tier 4 can do many things, but not very well (or one thing well, but that's not relevant here).
- Tier 3 can do many things decently, while doing one thing particularly well.
- This class can do many things decently, but nothing particularly well (unless it uses a mask (and then only for short periods of time)).
Better?

Empedocles
2012-04-04, 01:47 AM
Hmmm, so it's like Tier 4, then it does some stuff and it's Tier 3? Which I guess makes it on the lower end of Tier 3. Fair enough?

Dumbledore lives
2012-04-04, 01:54 AM
I feel like it needs maneuvers, in some reduced capability compared to a warblade or something like that, but still some. Now you have a lot of abilities, but very few of them are actually applicable in combat, so most combats will be generic roll to hit, roll for damage. Maybe a very limited number of maneuvers from 2 disciplines, I'd say Iron Heart and Diamond Mind.

Empedocles
2012-04-04, 01:59 AM
I feel like it needs maneuvers, in some reduced capability compared to a warblade or something like that, but still some. Now you have a lot of abilities, but very few of them are actually applicable in combat, so most combats will be generic roll to hit, roll for damage. Maybe a very limited number of maneuvers from 2 disciplines, I'd say Iron Heart and Diamond Mind.

Ugh. I love ToB and all, but I was really hoping to create a melee base class that could be interesting and fun in combat without using maneuvers. I need to think about it though...

eftexar
2012-04-04, 02:00 AM
While I like tome of battle I really have to disagree. I feel like tome of battle has become the end all tack on to improve melee. It just seems really inappropriate considering the type of class.
I would be inclined to say allowing the trading of enhancement bonuses for enchantments would be better (not that it fits in with the class either). Either that or grant a few of his actual sword abilities at the same levels he gets bonuses for the weapon (only 2 or 3 though, like a better than the feat whirlwind attack with a charging up capability or shockwave like from twilight princess).

Edit > ninja'd again (thats two, maybe three times tonight)

Empedocles
2012-04-04, 02:03 AM
While I like tome of battle I really have to disagree. I feel like tome of battle has become the end all tack on to improve melee. It just seems really inappropriate considering the type of class.
I would be inclined to say allowing the trading of enhancement bonuses for enchantments would be better (not that it fits in with the class either). Either that or grant a few of his actually sword abilities at the same levels he gets bonuses for the weapon (only 2 or 3 though, like a better than the feat whirlwind attack with a charging up capability or shockwave like from twilight princess).

Edit > ninja'd again (thats two, maybe three times tonight)

I'm going to do this without maneuvers. I understand why it was suggested and how it could help, but I'm going to try and keep this pretty much how he is in Zelda. What sort of abilities would you suggest for the sword? Not sure how to implement this without it just being another way to have normal, boring combat.

eftexar
2012-04-04, 02:05 AM
I'll come up with some stuff tomorrow (right now sleep...)
But for now try looking up one of the zelda wikis for ideas.

Empedocles
2012-04-04, 02:06 AM
I'll come up with some stuff tomorrow (right now sleep...)
But for now try looking up one of the zelda wikis for ideas.

I feel like sleep would be more helpful...probably just going to look on the wikis though :smallwink:

eftexar
2012-04-04, 04:17 PM
Those work pretty well. I actually don't think it needs much else (whirlwind attack and knock back, as well as the feat tree are probably enough).
On another note though, I think you should make a prestige class focusing on the various gear he has had throughout the game (bow, slinghot, mouse bombs, etc).
Edit> Although something at level 19 might be nice.

Empedocles
2012-04-04, 04:23 PM
Those work pretty well. I actually don't think it needs much else (whirlwind attack and knock back, as well as the feat tree are probably enough).
On another note though, I think you should make a prestige class focusing on the various gear he has had throughout the game (bow, slinghot, mouse bombs, etc).
Edit> Although something at level 19 might be nice.

Ooooooohhhhhhhhh I like that idea. It's going to happen (and congrats, by the way. You just made me want to do a PrC...and I hate PrCs). I need something cool for level 19 too...

Empedocles
2012-04-06, 02:03 PM
Added in some minor non transformative masks.

Regalus
2012-04-06, 07:13 PM
Interesting class you got here. Have you considered utilizing the magic arrows? If the arrow focus is the problem, Maybe turn them into a set of temporary weapon enhancement abilities. Perhaps the Light arrow could serve as you sought-after 19th level ability. On the other hand, you could probably build a short prestige class of them and the bow.

If not , than Maybe use the Light enhancement for the blade. After all, end tier master sword can "banish evil" and fire rays of Light. In some cases end tier master sword can even cut through barriers and seals. Maybe the end tier sword ignores the DR and/or regen of certain creatures.

Also, have you thought of an upgrade, or feat, that would grant the whirlwind attack greater reach or turn it into a more potent AoE burst centered on the user?

Empedocles
2012-04-06, 07:22 PM
Interesting class you got here. Have you considered utilizing the magic arrows? If the arrow focus is the problem, Maybe turn them into a set of temporary weapon enhancement abilities. Perhaps the Light arrow could serve as you sought-after 19th level ability. On the other hand, you could probably build a short prestige class of them and the bow.

If not , than Maybe use the Light enhancement for the blade. After all, end tier master sword can "banish evil" and fire rays of Light. In some cases end tier master sword can even cut through barriers and seals. Maybe the end tier sword ignores the DR and/or regen of certain creatures.

Also, have you thought of an upgrade, or feat, that would grant the whirlwind attack greater reach or turn it into a more potent AoE burst centered on the user?

I think I'll give him whirlwind attack around 6th level, and give it reach somewhere around 12th level.

Not sure about the light sword thing, but it could be an interesting replacement to the admittedly bland chosen sword ability.

Empedocles
2012-04-07, 11:54 PM
Added in an improved whirlwind attack that gives him reach when using the feat.

Sypher667
2012-04-08, 12:30 PM
You gave him the Blast Mask, and the Mask of Scents, but not the Bunny Hood? :smalleek:

Other than this issue (cause I ran around with the Bunny Hood in MM all game) it looks really good. The versatility with the masks is something you could even play up in a PrC, if you wanted, kinda like the Master of Masks from CS, except not a one level dip.

Empedocles
2012-04-08, 12:49 PM
You gave him the Blast Mask, and the Mask of Scents, but not the Bunny Hood? :smalleek:

Other than this issue (cause I ran around with the Bunny Hood in MM all game) it looks really good. The versatility with the masks is something you could even play up in a PrC, if you wanted, kinda like the Master of Masks from CS, except not a one level dip.

Added in the bunny hood just for you :smallbiggrin:

The PrC option is one I might explore, but I think my first step would be to give him something along the lines of the equipment he gets in-game (bombs, gale boomerang, claw/hookshot, etc.).

Regalus
2012-04-08, 12:57 PM
You could probably have the bombs, bombachu, powder-kegs and Deku Nuts be all part of some explosive themed base class.

If you're including everything the boomerang has done in the games, it should be a PrC in on itself. Same goes for the Bow.

You might be able to get the hookshot and the lens of truth as part of some kind of travel them PrC, maybe throw in the Tunics and the Hover Boots to make it into an All-Terrain/Terrain mastery class. Bonus points if you manage to stick the Giant's Glove/Power Bracelet in here too.

All in all, the first three could probably 5 level prestige classes; though the fourth might be a bit longer than the rest.

Empedocles
2012-04-08, 02:01 PM
You could probably have the bombs, bombachu, powder-kegs and Deku Nuts be all part of some explosive themed base class.

If you're including everything the boomerang has done in the games, it should be a PrC in on itself. Same goes for the Bow.

You might be able to get the hookshot and the lens of truth as part of some kind of travel them PrC, maybe throw in the Tunics and the Hover Boots to make it into an All-Terrain/Terrain mastery class. Bonus points if you manage to stick the Giant's Glove/Power Bracelet in here too.

All in all, the first three could probably 5 level prestige classes; though the fourth might be a bit longer than the rest.

Honestly, I'd rather incorporate the bombs and equipment into the existing class I have. I personally just dislike PrCs as a matter of principle (it does probably make more sense to do it the PrC way...).

Nihilarian
2012-04-08, 05:10 PM
First off: Is this supposed to emulate all of the Links, or just Ocarina Of Time/Majora's Mask Link?

HEY! LISTEN!
Almost every Link has had a guide of some sort. It's gotta be a class feature or something.

Does Call Steed call a specific steed, or a typical creature of its type? Combined with Wild Cohort, this could be a respectable option. If it's a typical creature of its type, it just won't be relevant past low levels.

On equipment:

Sword: Can you trade out enhancement bonuses for equivalent magic enchantments? If you can't, it caps out at 17th level with +5. Also, the progression looks a bit wonky, and the table doesn't match the text.

Shields: Sword and Shield is one of the weakest styles out there, but almost all the different Links were masters of it so this class should definitely reward you for it. This class gives you no reason to take a shield over using two-handed weapons except flavor.

Bombs, Boomerangs, Bows and everything else work just fine as equipment, not class abilities. If you absolutely must, make it variable. Let's say at 4th level and every 4 levels after that, you gain one Equipment Trick. Probably one trick per equipment. Note that some of the equipment used would be magical (Gale Boomerang, for instance).

Masks: I love Majora's Mask, but this should also be a choice. Maybe rolled into Equipment Tricks. If so, you could probably get away with giving a few more Equipment Tricks.

Ocarina: If this class is made to emulate just the OoT/MM Link, then this is fine. But you could give options for other musical instruments as well. Or have it be nonspecific to the type of musical instrument, with feats that grant different bonuses based on the type.

Don't get me wrong, I actually really like the class. I could definitely see myself playing it.

If any of this stuff interests you, I'd be happy to spitball a few concepts for the Equipment Tricks.

Fallen Warriors: It says you have to start out good, but can turn from this path later. Can you still advance in this class if you're neutral or even evil?

Empedocles
2012-04-08, 05:54 PM
I will speak in bold and smilies :smallbiggrin:

First off: Is this supposed to emulate all of the Links, or just Ocarina Of Time/Majora's Mask Link?

Mostly, just OoT and MM, but it might draw in some other characteristics.

HEY! LISTEN!
Almost every Link has had a guide of some sort. It's gotta be a class feature or something.

Good point...I'll add that. Didn't even occur to me wow thanks!

Does Call Steed call a specific steed, or a typical creature of its type? Combined with Wild Cohort, this could be a respectable option. If it's a typical creature of its type, it just won't be relevant past low levels.

It calls up a typical creature of its type. This is mostly for a mount, not some sort of animal companion. And yeah, it's supposed to be Epona.

On equipment:

Sword: Can you trade out enhancement bonuses for equivalent magic enchantments? If you can't, it caps out at 17th level with +5. Also, the progression looks a bit wonky, and the table doesn't match the text.

You can trade out enhancements for equivalent magical bonuses. I'll clarify this in the text.

Shields: Sword and Shield is one of the weakest styles out there, but almost all the different Links were masters of it so this class should definitely reward you for it. This class gives you no reason to take a shield over using two-handed weapons except flavor.

Another excellent point. I'll add that!

Bombs, Boomerangs, Bows and everything else work just fine as equipment, not class abilities. If you absolutely must, make it variable. Let's say at 4th level and every 4 levels after that, you gain one Equipment Trick. Probably one trick per equipment. Note that some of the equipment used would be magical (Gale Boomerang, for instance).

I can't believe I didn't think of that. I'll add in a lot of stuff as exotic weapons that he has automatic proficiency with. Not sure about the equipment tricks though...

Masks: I love Majora's Mask, but this should also be a choice. Maybe rolled into Equipment Tricks. If so, you could probably get away with giving a few more Equipment Tricks.

Sorry, but I like the Masks as they are.

Ocarina: If this class is made to emulate just the OoT/MM Link, then this is fine. But you could give options for other musical instruments as well. Or have it be nonspecific to the type of musical instrument, with feats that grant different bonuses based on the type.

Again, it's mostly Oot/MM Link, so I'd rather leave it as is.

Don't get me wrong, I actually really like the class. I could definitely see myself playing it.

If any of this stuff interests you, I'd be happy to spitball a few concepts for the Equipment Tricks.

I'll add in equipment tricks, but not for the masks. Rather, they'll be for stuff like his bow, shield+sword combo, boomerang (not sure how to implement the magic in that), bombs/bombchu and the clawshot. I'd appreciate some concepts :smallwink:

Fallen Warriors: It says you have to start out good, but can turn from this path later. Can you still advance in this class if you're neutral or even evil?

You can continue to advance. Dark Link is a big enough theme in Zelda that I though this was appropriate.

Nihilarian
2012-04-08, 06:13 PM
I don't exactly agree with some of your decisions (I like classes to have options, and while I like the masks I think I'd rather trade it out for extra Equipment Tricks, so I can play OoT Link instead of MM Link), but I do like the class. Perhaps as an ACF?

I say let the Call Steed summon a specific animal. Note that it doesn't make the steed stronger on its own, but if you have a stronger animal it should let you call it. This shouldn't be overpowered, I think.

In OoT, you only get the Master Sword after doing maybe a quarter of the dungeons. I'm a bit curious as to why you put it at 2nd level, especially since it seems to be pretty much the same as the Pathfinder paladin ability gained at 5th level. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'm curious. And can you enchant your chosen blade normally? (or have it enchanted?)

I'm not sure how useful Finishing Move is. You have to guess when the opponent is at 20 hp or less? Do you lose your action if you use it when the opponent is at a higher HP?

The goron in MM moved faster while he was curled up, and grew spikes on his back. Why are you immobile? Balance?

Empedocles
2012-04-08, 06:30 PM
I don't exactly agree with some of your decisions (I like classes to have options, and while I like the masks I think I'd rather trade it out for extra Equipment Tricks, so I can play OoT Link instead of MM Link), but I do like the class. Perhaps as an ACF?

I say let the Call Steed summon a specific animal. Note that it doesn't make the steed stronger on its own, but if you have a stronger animal it should let you call it. This shouldn't be overpowered, I think.

In OoT, you only get the Master Sword after doing maybe a quarter of the dungeons. I'm a bit curious as to why you put it at 2nd level, especially since it seems to be pretty much the same as the Pathfinder paladin ability gained at 5th level. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'm curious. And can you enchant your chosen blade normally? (or have it enchanted?)

I'm not sure how useful Finishing Move is. You have to guess when the opponent is at 20 hp or less? Do you lose your action if you use it when the opponent is at a higher HP?

The goron in MM moved faster while he was curled up, and grew spikes on his back. Why are you immobile? Balance?

The goron thing is them turning into a little ball. When they assume the total defense action they're immobile because they've tucked themselves up. They're not always immobile.

Finishing Move isn't super useful, I'll admit. It's mostly flavor and bypassing pesky DR. If your DM is nice, you don't have to guess. Also (if you do guess and he's not at 20 or below), you don't really loose your action regardless since you still make an attack against him and its only a standard action.

Finally, I've decided to go with your Equipment tricks. Suggestions? :smallsmile:

Nihilarian
2012-04-08, 06:43 PM
The tricks shouldn't really make you more powerful so much as make you more versatile. I say scaling abilities based on what you choose, without any real option to specialize by choosing more equipment tricks based on the same equipment. First off, do the tricks actually grant you the equipment, or just give you bonuses to them?

Also, I recommend something along the lines of the Pathfinder paladin's divine bond (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin#TOC-Divine-Bond-Sp-) for the Chosen Blade.

Empedocles
2012-04-08, 06:59 PM
The tricks shouldn't really make you more powerful so much as make you more versatile. I say scaling abilities based on what you choose, without any real option to specialize by choosing more equipment tricks based on the same equipment. First off, do the tricks actually grant you the equipment, or just give you bonuses to them?

Also, I recommend something along the lines of the Pathfinder paladin's divine bond (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin#TOC-Divine-Bond-Sp-) for the Chosen Blade.

Alright...I'm thinking that "tricks" should be pretty plentiful, like 2 per level or something along those lines. Basically, each one gives him some new sort of ability. Each trick would also have a corresponding piece of equipment...although I'm not sure how to implement this with the masks, since they're more magical in nature.

For example, here's something I was thinking for a trick (this is extremely preliminary though).

Clawshot Jump
Associated Equipment: Clawshot
Trick Points: 2
Minimum Level: 3
Description: As a standard action the chosen warrior can use his clawshot to make a ranged touch attack against some sort of physical outcropping. The DC of an object is 10 + its approximate size modifier (so 0 for medium, -x for larger, a +x for smaller). If he hits, he can pull himself to said object as a full round action and cling to it.

So that's basically how a trick would work. Thoughts?

Nihilarian
2012-04-08, 07:14 PM
I have to admit, I didn't expect you to answer my posts so quickly. Might need some time to mull over exactly what to grant with Equipment Tricks. Even so: I say go ahead and give them the equipment with the ability.

Make them too plentiful and they might shadow over the rest of the class abilities. If you're folding masks into the equipment, I'd say no more than 1 every other level. Otherwise you can probably put it at every 4 levels.

Nihilarian
2012-04-08, 07:37 PM
After looking at a skeleton of what my suggestions would lead to, it looks very bare and bland. The Equipment Tricks are an ok idea, but not the variable magic. Going to think on improving the class without losing the flavor.

Nihilarian
2012-04-08, 10:52 PM
This is what I had in mind. Shield might be too strong, though, since you already get a free magic weapon.

Bomb BagThe Chosen Warrior gains access to bombs. Bombs are splash weapons with a range increment of 15 ft, and deal 1d6 points of damage to its primary target and 1 point of damage to enemies adjacent to the primary target. If used against an unattended object, bombs ignore hardness and instead directly damage the object.

For every 4 levels of Chosen Warrior the wielder of the Bombs has, the Bombs gain +5 ft. range, + 1d6 points of damage to the primary target, and +1 point of damage to the secondary targets. Beginning at 16th level, the Chosen Warrior gains access to Bombchu's, which travel at a speed equal to twice the bombs range and keep going until they hit something or 5 rounds have passed. You can set them to explode sooner, if you wish.HookshotThis item can launch a length of chain up to 100 ft. By making a ranged touch attack against a surface, you can pull yourself to areas not normally accessible. This attack deals 1d6+5 points of damage, and if you deal more damage than the objects hardness, you latch on. If you latch on, you can pull yourself to the object as a full round action. Releasing is a free action.

For every 4 levels of Chosen Warrior the wielder of the Hookshot has, the Hookshot gains +50 ft. range, +1 Attack/Damage. Beginning at 16th level, the Chosen Warrior gains the use of a second Hookshot, allowing him to use this ability even when he's already latched on to another surface.ShieldThe Chosen Warrior is a master of Sword and Shield style combat, and gains a shield of his choice that he is proficient in. This shield can't be made from special materials, but is considered masterwork.

The shield gains a +1 enhancement bonus for every 4 levels that the Chosen Warrior gains. The Chosen Warrior can choose to replace this enhancement bonus for an equivalent enchantment, but the shield must be at least a +1 in order to be enchanted. Beginning at 16th level, the Chosen Warrior gains access to the Mirror Shield, which lets you count the shields bonus to your AC versus touch attacks.

Empedocles
2012-04-08, 11:01 PM
This is what I had in mind. Shield might be too strong, though, since you already get a free magic weapon.

Bomb BagThe Chosen Warrior gains access to bombs. Bombs are splash weapons with a range increment of 15 ft, and deal 1d6 points of damage to its primary target and 1 point of damage to enemies adjacent to the primary target. If used against an unattended object, bombs ignore hardness and instead directly damage the object.

For every 4 levels of Chosen Warrior the wielder of the Bombs has, the Bombs gain +5 ft. range, + 1d6 points of damage to the primary target, and +1 point of damage to the secondary targets. Beginning at 16th level, the Chosen Warrior gains access to Bombchu's, which travel at a speed equal to twice the bombs range and keep going until they hit something or 5 rounds have passed. You can set them to explode sooner, if you wish.HookshotThis item can launch a length of chain up to 100 ft. By making a ranged touch attack against a surface, you can pull yourself to areas not normally accessible. This attack deals 1d6+5 points of damage, and if you deal more damage than the objects hardness, you latch on. If you latch on, you can pull yourself to the object as a full round action. Releasing is a free action.

For every 4 levels of Chosen Warrior the wielder of the Hookshot has, the Hookshot gains +50 ft. range, +1 Attack/Damage. Beginning at 16th level, the Chosen Warrior gains the use of a second Hookshot, allowing him to use this ability even when he's already latched on to another surface.ShieldThe Chosen Warrior is a master of Sword and Shield style combat, and gains a shield of his choice that he is proficient in. This shield can't be made from special materials, but is considered masterwork.

I don't think that the shield is too strong, since shields are pretty crappy anyways. This just makes it worth using.

I put everything else in, with a few very minor changes.

sirpercival
2012-04-14, 06:41 AM
If you're interested, I have a variation on this over at minmax: http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=3893.0

It's still a WIP, but I think it turned out well.

Empedocles
2012-04-14, 10:56 PM
If you're interested, I have a variation on this over at minmax: http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=3893.0

It's still a WIP, but I think it turned out well.

It's quite cool. I personally feel that maneuvers aren't really a good fit for a zelda build though, but I do like it :smallsmile:

toapat
2012-04-14, 11:00 PM
GAME RULE INFORMATION
Chosen Warriors have the following game statistics.
Abilities: Strength, dexterity, and constitution are all important as the chosen warrior is generally a front line combatant. Charisma is also extremely important as it controls most of his supernatural abilities.
Alignment: Chosen Warriors are always good when they take their 1st level in this class, but they can turn to evil, and they will retain their class abilities.
Hit Die: d10
Starting Age: Chosen warriors are usually extremely young for their level of combat prowess. Their starting age is as their race +1d2.
Starting Gold: As fighter.

Class Skills
The Chosen Warrior's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are...
Balance, Climb, Handle Animal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (history), Knowledge (local), Knowledge (nature), Listen, Move Silently, Perform (ocarina), Ride, Spot, and Tumble.

Skill Points at First Level: (4 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Chosen Warrior
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+2|Ocarina (Light, Steed), Dekku Mask, Bunny Hood, Bomb Bag

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+3|
+3|Blade of the Chosen, Whirlwind Attack

3rd|
+3|
+1|
+3|
+3|Ocarina (Charm), Mask of Scents, Hookshot

4th|
+4|
+1|
+4|
+4|Blade of the Chosen +1, Bremen Mask

5th|
+5|
+1|
+4|
+4|Goron Mask, Din's Fire

6th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+5|
+5|Weapon Focus (Blade of the Chosen), Ocarina (Sleep), Blast Mask

7th|
+7/+2|
+2|
+5|
+5|Blade of the Chosen +2, Knockback Strike

8th|
+8/+3|
+2|
+6|
+6|Ocarina (healing), Improved Whirlwind Attack

9th|
+9/+4|
+3|
+6|
+6|Nayru's Love, Finishing Move

10th|
+10/+5|
+3|
+7|
+7|Greater Weapon Focus (Blade of the Chosen)

11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+3|
+7|
+7|Blade of the Chosen +3

12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+4|
+8|
+8|Zora Mask, Farore's Wind

13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+4|
+8|
+8|Weapon Specialization (Blade of the Chosen)

14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+4|
+9|
+9|Song of Warping, Bombchu

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+5|
+9|
+9|Blade of the Chosen +4, Greater Weapon Specialization

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+10|
+10|Mask of the Giant, Ocarina (Storm)

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10|Blade of the Chosen +5, Stone Mask

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+11|
+11|Song of the Sun, Weapon Supremacy

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+11|
+11|Blade of the Chosen +6

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+12|
+12|Mask of the Fierce Deity[/table]

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the chosen warrior.

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: The chosen warrior is proficient with all simple weapons, all martial weapons, light armor, and shields (but not Tower shields).

Bomb Bag:The Chosen Warrior gains access to bombs. Bombs are splash weapons with a range increment of 15 ft, and deal 1d6 points of damage to its primary target and 1 point of damage to enemies adjacent to the primary target. If used against an unattended object, bombs ignore hardness and instead directly damage the object.

For every 4 levels of Chosen Warrior the wielder of the Bombs has, the Bombs gain +5 ft. range, + 1d6 points of damage to the primary target, and +1 point of damage to the secondary targets. Beginning at 14th level, the Chosen Warrior gains access to Bombchu's, which travel at a speed equal to twice the bombs range and keep going until they hit something or 5 rounds have passed. You can set them to explode sooner, if you wish.

The Shield: The Chosen Warrior is a master of Sword and Shield style combat, and gains a shield of his choice that he is proficient in. This shield can't be made from special materials, but is considered masterwork.

Ocarina: The ocarina is a magical instrument that all chosen warriors are skilled in the use of. Using it is similar to using the Bardic Music ability, but the effects in creates are different.

Song of Light: One of the first two songs the chosen warrior learns. With a successful DC 10 Perform (ocarina) check he can cast light as a wizard of his class level.

Song of the Steed: The second of the chosen warrior's first two songs. It allows him to summon one light warhorse with a DC 15 Perform (ocarina) check. The warhorse lasts until the chosen warrior dismisses it, but if killed, the chosen warrior cannot summon a new warhorse for two weeks.

Song of Charming: This song functions as a charm person cast by a wizard of the chosen warrior's class levels. The save DC is equal to the result of the chosen warrior's Perform (ocarina) check when he uses this song.

Song of Sleep: This song requires a DC 20 Perform (ocarina) check to successfully play. If the chosen warrior succeeds, everybody within a 30 ft. radius must make a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 chosen warrior levels + charisma modifier) or fall asleep for 1d6+charisma modifier rounds.

Song of Healing: At 8th level, the chosen warrior learns to heal with his music. He can use this ability a number of times per day equal to his charisma modifier. Activating it requires a Perform (ocarina) check, and the result determines what kind of healing is performed.

Perform (ocarina) 10: Cure Minor Wounds
Perform (ocarina) 15: Cure Light Wounds
Perform (ocarina) 20: Cure Moderate Wounds
Perform (ocarina) 25: Cure Serious Wounds
Perform (ocarina) 30: Cure Critical Wounds

The CL for these is 1/2 the chosen warrior's class levels.

Song of Warping: This song allows the chosen warrior to mark up to three locations. Then, as a full round action, he can make a Perform (ocarina) check (DC 25) to immediately teleport there. This ability can only be used once per day.

Song of the Storm: By making a DC 25 Perform (ocarina) check the chosen warrior can create a whirlwind (as the spell) focused on himself. His CL is considered 1/2 his class levels, but he must make a DC 20 Perform (ocarina) check each round to maintain the whirlwind and it is automatically dispelled at the end of its natural duration (which is a number of rounds equal to 1/2 his class levels).

Song of the Sun: This song allows the chosen warrior to make a Perform (ocarina) check (DC 30). If he succeeds, the AM and PM of a specific area essentially switch, and anyone within the affected area must make a DC 25 Will save to notice. This does not actually change time, and it affects the general area of a small town, but it's basically up to the DM. Full credit to the Hero of Time for this ability. I just needed it for a Link based class...

Masks: The masks are the second primary ability of the chosen warrior, which allow him to transform into a completely separate race temporarily. All masks, except the Mask of the Fierce Deity, are usable a number of times per day equal to the chosen warrior's charisma modifier, and last a number of rounds equal to his class level plus his charisma modifier.

Bunny Hood: This mask increases the chosen warrior's speed by 10 feet and grants him a +5 bonus to all Jump checks. He takes a -4 penalty on all Intimidate checks because...he has bunny ears.

Mask of the Dekku: This mask transforms the chosen warrior into a deku scrub. He becomes size small, although he does not gain the normal ability adjustments this would entail (he does gain other benefits and penalties, such as the +1 to AC). He gains a +2 dexterity and a -2 to constitution. He gains a natural attack called a "seed," which is just him spitting out a wooden seed at an enemy. It has a range of 40 ft. and deals 1d8 points of damage.
A deku chosen warrior: http://i.imgur.com/mQpif.png

Mask of Scents: As the name would suggest the mask of scents grants the chosen warrior the scent ability.

Bremen Mask: This mask gives the chosen warrior the ability to use charm animals as a spell-like ability at will while the mask lasts. The save DC is 10 + 1/2 his class levels (minimum 1) + his charisma modifier, and his CL is equal to his class levels.

Mask of the Goron: At 5th level the chosen warrior gains a mask that allows him to transform into a goron. He gains a +2 to strength, -2 dexterity, a +4 bonus on bull rush and grapple attempts, and a +2 natural armor bonus to AC. If a chosen warrior wearing this mask assumes the total defense action he becomes immobile, but the AC bonus increases from +4 to +7.
A goron chosen warrior:http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/7/79/Goron_(Twilight_Princess).png

Blast Mask: This mask gives the chosen warrior to create a small explosion around him. All adjacent things take 1d8 points of damage per 2 class levels he possesses (Reflex save DC 10 + charisma bonus + 1/2 class levels, minimum 1, halves). The chosen warrior is also subject to damage.

Mask of the Zora: At 12th level the chosen warrior gains a mask that allows him to transform into an aquatic zora. While wearing the mask he gains the aquatic subtype and the associated bonuses, a swim speed equal to his land speed, a +2 dexterity, and two natural attacks that deal 1d8 points of slashing damage each.
A zora chosen warrior:http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/8/89/Zora_Link_Artwork.png

Mask of the Giant: This mask increases the chosen warrior's size to large. His clothes and the blade of the chosen one also increase in size, but nothing else he is carrying does.

Stone Mask: This mask makes the wearer invisible, as the spell. It is automatically deactivated (and the chosen warrior left wearing a silly looking mask) if he makes an attack.

Mask of the Fierce Deity: This mask increases the warrior's size to large, grants him a +6 bonus to strength, +4 constitution, +4 deflection bonus to AC, and immunity to all mind affecting spells and death effects. His clothes and the blade of the chosen one also increase in size, but nothing else he is carrying does. In addition, while this mask lasts the chosen warrior can shoot blasts of energy out of his chosen sword. These are ranged touch attacks that deal damage as his sword would. Melee attacks the chosen warrior makes while wearing the Mask of the Fierce Deity are also treated as touch attacks. This mask is only usable once per week.
A Chosen warrior with the fierce deity mask (large image): http://i.imgur.com/FKvlxl.png

Blade of the Chosen One: At 2nd level, the chosen warrior gains a unique sword that increases in power with him. He can choose what type of weapon it is, and it's automatically masterwork. At 4th level, it gains a +1 enhancement bonus, at 7th level +2, +3 at 11th level, +4 at 15th level, +5 at 17th level, and +6 at 20th level (this does not allow him to bypass the normal enhancement limits).

Whirlwind Attack: At 2nd level a chosen warrior gains whirlwind attack as a bonus feat. At 8th level he can use the whirlwind attack feet to attack anyone within 10 feet. This extends to 15 feet if he's using his chosen weapon (Blade of the Chosen One).

Clawshot:This item can launch a length of chain up to 100 ft. By making a ranged touch attack against a surface, you can pull yourself to areas not normally accessible. This attack deals 1d6+5 points of damage, and if you deal more damage than the objects hardness, you latch on. If you latch on, you can pull yourself to the object as a full round action. Releasing is a free action.

For every 4 levels of Chosen Warrior the wielder of the Hookshot has, the Hookshot gains +50 ft. range, +1 Attack/Damage. Beginning at 16th level, the Chosen Warrior gains the use of a second Hookshot, allowing him to use this ability even when he's already latched on to another surface.

Din's Fire: At 5th level, as a standard action, the chosen warrior can create a 30 ft. burst of flames centered on himself. He does not take damage from this, but everyone else in the range of the blast takes 1d6 points of fire damage for every 2 chosen warrior levels he possesses. He can use this ability a number of times per day equal to his charisma modifier.

Weapon Focus (Blade of the Chosen): At 6th level, the chosen warrior gets weapon focus with his chosen blade. At 10th level this increases to greater weapon focus, at 13th level he also gains weapon specialization, at 15th level this increases to Greater Weapon specialization, and at 18th level he gains Weapon Supremacy (PHB II). These feats only apply to his specific chosen weapon, and he can ignore the prerequisites for them.

Knockback Strike: Starting at 7th level if a chosen warrior makes a full attack and he hits with at least two of the attacks the enemy he's attacking is knocked prone.

Finishing Move: At 9th level the chosen warrior can perform a coup de grace against any prone opponent with 20 or less HP as a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

Nayru's Love: At 9th level, a chosen warrior gains the ability to as a standard action surround himself with a diamond-shaped magical barrier. He gains DR 10/- and a +4 deflection bonus to AC. The barrier lasts for a number of rounds equal to his class level, and is usable a number of times per day equal to his charisma modifier.

Farore's Wind: At 12th level, a number of times per day equal to his charisma modifier, the chosen warrior can, as an immediate action, teleport from his current location to any location within 5 ft. per two levels of chosen warrior he possesses (so 30 ft. when he gains this ability at 12th level, and an additional 5 ft. every 2 levels thereafter). If this ability is used in response to an attack the attack has a 50% miss chance. This ability cannot be used in response to an attack if the chosen warrior was unaware of the attack and would be denied his dexterity bonus to AC.

Rule Info: Linky
Skills: i get the impression that link is always clueless till informed, i feel that as a result, Knowledge skills all feel out of place for this dude.

Bomb Bag: cool, the bombchus are funny.

The Shield: this needs to scale better. as compared to the pathfinder paladin's sword, this only gains 1/2 the total enhancement, even though id like this shield to do things like morph spikes, a bladed edge, or grant Heavy Fortification.

Ocarina:
Song of Charming: Crazy powerful for its level

Masks:
Bunny Hood: Needs +4 to bluff and diplomacy checks, because the person cant stop laughing

Dekku mask: would perma featherfall be out of place here?

Blade of the Chosen One: Should bypass good and Evil DR at some point if this is the master sword

Clawshot: Needs hardness, should be adamantine

Din's Fire, Weapon Focus (Blade of the Chosen), Nayru's Love, Farore's Wind: Crazy. central Fireball, all the awesome weapon feats, a godmode, and dimension door, all at will? pretty crazy