PDA

View Full Version : OpenRPG

SlashRunner
2012-04-05, 06:44 PM
Hello, Playground,

I have just installed OpenRPG with the idea of perhaps being able to play a game or two with my friends even when we can't arrange a real-life session. What are your experiences with OpenRPG? Does it achieve what it is meant for?

Also, on a somewhat related note, I am entirely new to the software and do not understand much how to use it. I seem to have deleted the map window and cannot figure out how to reopen it (the NewMap button doesn't do anything, as far as I can tell). Could anyone familiar with the software help me?

SlashRunner
2012-04-05, 08:48 PM
Anyone? Anyone at all?

Navigator
2012-04-05, 09:36 PM
It works great for casual roleplaying and customizing your rolls. The DM being able to switch aliases, everyone being able to color code their text, and quick command line rolling make it a great utility, but it lacks in some respects. I would suggest everyone get on a microphone for OOC chatting, as a supplement to OpenRPG or even to replace it.

Without a way to speak to everyone, combat will take forever in a pure type-as-you-play setting. In either case, get GameTable, as it is a superior map utility to OpenRPG.

So in conclusion, yes, it is a good utility, but also get everyone on a microphone and possibly even GameTable.

SlashRunner
2012-04-05, 10:01 PM
Thanks, I'll check out GameTable. However, I still have no idea how to create a new map since I seemed to have accidentally deleted the one it came with and when I reopen OpenRPG it just goes back to where I left off last time...