PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Homebrew class (PEACH)

LrdoftheRngs
2012-04-05, 08:11 PM
This is my first homebrew class that wasn't a minor refluff, so please be gentle :smallsmile:

Reaver

http://i.imgur.com/yZnzx.jpg
"I am the Scourge of the Frozen Coast, the Demon of the Northern Seas. I have the blood of a hundred villages on my hands. If I was not a competent warrior, I wouldn't be standing here before you." -Thoron Ragnos, Reaver

The Reaver is a brutal raider, the scourge of the Northern coastline, making their living off of the plunder they gain by raiding coastal settlements for their gold, food, and women. A combat-focused class that is at home on land as well as sea, the Reaver is a destructive force to be reckoned with.

Adventures: Reavers adventure to gain plunder, renown, and glory. However, they stay true to the ways of the Stormlord and take time to pillage and destroy coastal settlements.

Characteristics: The Reaver is a combat-focused class that can use Battle Cries to buff allies and hinder foes. They are adept at warfare on both land and sea.

Religion: Almost all Reavers worship the Stormlord, an ascended Reaver who has become their patron. The Stormlord is also responsible for ocean storms, and sends them to test the skill of his Reavers.

Races: Most Reavers are Humans, Orcs, or Half-Orcs, as they are the races most suited to surviving solely off of the plunder of others. The occasional Half-Elf becomes a Reaver, as it holds the appeal of total freedom. Elves are often too intrinsically good to become Reavers, and Dwarves despise the sea. Halflings and Gnomes lack the physical strength required to live the life of a Reaver, although some may come along on longships to aid those who do have the capacity.

Other Classes: Reavers share a kindred spirit with the Barbarian, as they are both free-spirited and not much for law. They regard Bards with disdain, as they have little time for music, but show a grudging respect their abilities to make other warriors more potent. They get along fairly well with Clerics, as Reavers lead a dangerous lifestyle, and are fairly pious in their belief in the Stormlord. They form no opinion on druids, as the two rarely collide. In Fighters they see fellow warriors, men who live by the sword, but think that the Fighter's rigorous discipline is folly. Reavers cannot abide Monks, and Paladins often attack Reavers on sight. Rangers can be valuable allies, but those that have no experience with the sea are often shunned or told to swab decks or otherwise do menial tasks on a longship. Reavers do not often trust the magic of Sorcerers and Wizards, and believe that a blade is more reliable than a spell any day, but do not deny that spellcasters wield great power.

Role: The Reaver can be a group's main melee fighter, but it would be overshadowed in this role by a fighter or paladin. Reavers are good as support characters and secondary melee fighters, using their battle cries to tip the tide of a battle. They come into their true role when on the sea, and are a great addition to a party that will be experience a lot of sailing.

Game Rule Information

Abilities: Strength and Constitution are the cardinal abilities for a Reaver. Charisma is key to improving your Battle Cry ability.
Alignment: Reavers live outside the law, and some of their greatest enemies are paladins and knights. Likewise, they are based on taking things from others by force, so almost no Reavers can be classified as Good.
Hit Die: d12
Starting age and gold: As barbarian
Proficiencies: Reavers are proficient in Light and Medium armor, Simple and Martial weapons, ALL Axes, and all shields but tower shields.

Class skills (and the key ability for each skill): Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Escape Artist (Dex), Imtimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Profession (Sailor) (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Rope (Dex)
Skill Points at first level: (4+Int modifier)x4
Skill points per level after first: 4+Int modifier

Reaver
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+0|
Captain +2, Frightening Yell, Battle Cry, Enourmous Strength

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+0|
Sea Legs, Pillage and Burn, Endurace

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+1|
Black Sails and Muffled Oars, Axe Thrower

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+1|
Victorious Cry, Captain +4

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1|
Cold Resistance 5, Stormlord's Rage

6th|
+6/1|
+5|
+5|
+2|
Diehard, Shout of Defiance

7th|
+7/2|
+5|
+5|
+2|
Keen Eyes +2, Cleaving Charge, Damage Reduction 1/--

8th|
+8/3|
+6|
+6|
+2|
Captain +6, Cold Resistance 7

9th|
+9/4|
+6|
+6|
+3|
Thunderous Roar, Improved Axe Thrower

10th|
+10/5|
+7|
+7|
+3|
Scourge of the Seas, Damage reduction 2/--

11th|
+11/6/1|
+7|
+7|
+3|
Cold Resistance 9, Keen Eyes +4

12th|
+12/7/2|
+8|
+8|
+4|
Captain +8, Demoralizing Yell

13th|
+13/8/3|
+8|
+8|
+8|
Naval Warfare, Damage Reduction 3/--

14th|
+14/9/4|
+9|
+9|
+4|
Cold Resistance 11, Ramming Speed

15th|
+15/10/5|
+9|
+9|
+5|
Fury of the Maelstrom, Stormlord's Wrath, Great Axe thrower

16th|
+16/11/6/1|
+10|
+10|
+5|
Captain +10, Damage Reduction 4/--

17th|
+17/12/7/2|
+10|
+10|
+5|
Cold Resistance 13

18th|
+18/13/8/3|
+11|
+11|
+6|
Stormlord's Shout

19th|
+19/14/9/4|
+11|
+11|
+6|
Improved Battle Cry, Damage Reduction 5/--

20th|
+20/15/10/5|
+12|
+12|
+6|
Captain +12, Cold Resistance 15, Dark Iron Scourge[/table]

Class Features: The following are the class features of the Reaver

Captain: The Reaver lives half of his life on the sea. Because of this, he is an extraordinary captain, and all Profession (Sailor) Checks made while he is captaining a ship have a +2 modifier. This increases by two at every fourth level (+4 at 4th, +6 at 8th, +8 at twelfth, etc.)

Battle Cry: The Reaver can channel all of his power and issue a potent Battle Cry a number of times per day equal to his Reaver level plus his Charisma modifier. All Battle Cries have a duration equal to their Reaver class level unless stated otherwise. Creatures that cannot hear are unaffected by Battle Cries.
Frightening Yell (Su): The Reaver lets out an otherworldly wail that makes his enemies quake in their boots. All enemies within 30 feet are shaken.
Victorious Cry (Su): The Reaver shouts of victory, of the death of enemies, and of plunder to be gained, strengthening the resolve of his companions. All allies within 30 feet of the Reaver get a morale bonus on saving throws equal to the Reaver's Charisma modifier plus one fourth of his Reaver Level.
Shout of Defiance (Su): The Reaver proclaims that he will never be defeated, and how he will keep fighting until the last. All allies within 30 feet (including the Reaver) gain temporary hit points equal to his Reaver level plus his Charisma Modifier).
Thunderous Roar (Su): The Reaver issues a primal yell that seems to ring throughout the landscape, achieving an enormous volume that damages the ears of all who hear it. Anyone within 30 feet is deafened. Additionally, this acts like the Shatter spell on any mundane objects within 15 feet (Excluding those of the Reaver.
Demoralizing Yell (Su): The Reaver lets loose a terrifying shout, much like the roar of a dire bear, breaking enemies' will and resolve. Any enemies within a 30 foot radius that hear this shout suffer a -5 morale penalty on all will saves as well as a -2 penalty on all attack rolls they make.
Fury of the Maelstrom (Su): The Reaver lets loose a cry of absolute rage. His wrath rivals that of an ocean storm, and those that hear the cry on the Reaver's side are infused with that fury. All allies within 30 feet gain a bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to the Reaver's class level divided by 4.
Stormlord's Shout (Su): By channeling the power of the Stormlord, the patron deity of Reavers and the Bringer of maelstroms, the Reaver can use up two Battle Cries to summon a hurricane, obscuring vision and hindering ranged weapons that lasts for 1 hour/class level.

Enourmous Strength: Reavers are known for their strength and their ability to deal massive amounts of damage in a single blow. You gain Power Attack as a bonus feat.

Sea Legs: The Reaver has gotten permanently accustomed to the rocking deck of a boat. He gets a +2 modifier to all balance checks made while on the deck of a ship.

Pillage and Burn: A Reaver lives off of the plunder of villages and the like. He has gained a large knowledge about structures and the best ways to quickly and forcefully dismantle them, as well as exactly how far he has to push something before it breaks. If he succeeds on a Strength check where the DC is 10+ the hardness of the item he is trying to break, he totally ignores the hardness of that item while calculating damage.

Endurance: You gain endurance as a bonus feat

Black Sails and Muffled Oars: The Reaver is remarkably adept at naval stealth. If a Reaver takes precautions, any ship that he captains can make a hide check to remain undetected at night. The modifier for the roll is the Reaver's class level minus any size penalties the ship might incur.

Axe Thrower: A Reaver's legendary strength and fondness for axes work in harmony. The Reaver now has the ability to throw battleaxes as if they were throwing axes. Additionally, you may use either your strength or your dexterity modifier for attack rolls with thrown axes. At level 9 this ability extends to Dwarven Waraxes, and at level 15, to Greataxes.

Cold Resistance: The Reaver spends so much of his time in the waters and along the coastline of the frozen North that he builds up a resistance to the cold inherent to those lands. Starting at 5th level, he has Cold Resistance 5, and it gets bigger by two points for every 3rd level after that.

Stormlord's Rage: The most fearsome aspect of the Reaver is the ability for more experienced members to fly into a berserk rage. When a Reaver is Berserk, it gains a +2 bonus to both Strength and Constitution, the duration of his Battle Cries last 1.5 times as long, he gains DR equal to his new constitution modifier, and he suffers a -1 penalty to armor class. A Reaver may remain in a Berserk state for a number of rounds equal to his constitution modifier plus one third of his Reaver level, and can use it a number of times per day equal to half of his Reaver level.

Diehard: A Reaver suffers remarkable wounds in his raids, but manages to shrug them off and keep fighting. A Reaver gets the Diehard feat at 6th level, whether he fills the prerequisites or not.

Keen Eyes: The Reaver spends so much time in the dark of night on raids that he gains a +2 modifier on spot checks in low light. This bonus increases to +4 at level 11.

Cleaving Charge (Ex): A Reaver can recklessly charge into battle, weapon held high. When he charges, he automatically attacks any enemy in front of him. If he kills this enemy, he may continue to charge until he runs into another foe, which he then attacks.

Damage Reduction: The Reaver has taken so many blows that he has gained the ability to shrug off a certain amount of damage for every blow he takes, whether Berserk or not. At 7th level, this Damage Reduction is 1, and it increases by 1 at tenth level and every third level after that. This Damage Reduction can reduce damage to zero, but not below that, and it stacks with the DR from Stormlord's Rage.

Scourge of the Seas: At tenth level, a Reaver may make a gather information check once a week. The DC of the check is 25- the number of towns he has plundered. If he succeeds, he learns of a civilization composed of those that follow the ideals of the Reaver. If he is accepted into their ranks, he is awarded his own longship and its crew.

Naval Warfare: As the Reaver gets more and more accustomed to combat on the high seas, he becomes better and better at destroying larger ships through better tactics. A number of times per day equal to his Reaver level divided by 2, the Reaver may perform a special combat maneuver. Combat maneuvers can be found at the bottom of this post.

Ramming Speed: The Reaver is very experienced at ramming and boarding other ships. He knows where to target other ships for maximum damage, and how to cripple them with only the bow of his longship. All ramming attacks that the Reaver makes now deal double damage.

Stormlord's Wrath: As the Reaver advances in notoriety, the Stormlord grants him an increased ability to bring havoc and ruin to his victims. When Berserk, his Constitution and Strength Bonus increases to +4, Battle Cry duration is now doubled, and the DR is increased to 1.5 times his new Constitution modifier. The Armor Class penalty remains at -1, and the duration and uses per day remain the same.

Improved Battle Cry: The Reaver has much practice issuing these supernatural shouts. The range of all of his Battle Cries is doubled.

Dark Iron Scourge: At 20th level, the Reaver has attained so much glory he is promoted to the Captain of the Reaver's Fleet, and given command of the vessel The Dark Iron Scourge. The statistics of the Scourge are as follows: Colossal Vessel; Seaworthiness +3; Shiphandling +1; Speed Wind x20 feet or Oars 30 ft; Overall AC 0; 16 hull sections (5 to sink), 50 hp and 10 hardness per section; Rigging sections 1; Rigging hp 60, hardness 0, AC 3; Ram 5d6; Weapons: 2 light bombards (loaded with firebombs), 1 ballista, 1 Heavy Bombard, 1 Firespout; Space 80 feet by 20 feet, height 10 feet (draft 5 feet); Complement 75, Watch 5, Oarsmen 50; Cargo 40 tons.

Combat Maneuvers

Ram and Board: The Reaver's longship rams the foe, but not for the intent of damaging. When using the Ram and Board maneuver, the Reaver has troops waiting to run across the bow of the longship and onto the enemy vessel, and this is accomplished in one swift movement, giving the attackers a surprise round.

Full Salvo: All of the longship's weapons fire at once, unleashing a devastating bombardment. This maneuver can be used to deal damage to all sections of a ship evenly, or to deal significantly more damage to a single section.

Burning Barrage: This maneuver can only be performed by a longship that has firebombs for ammunition. When this maneuver is performed, the longship rams an opposing vessel and fires a volley of firebombs at it. The damage is combined, and the confusion caused by the ramming makes it so that the ship automatically catches on fire, as there is no one to put it out.

Grappling Line: To use this maneuver, the longship must have a ballista installed. A line of rope is attached to the Javelin fired by the ballista, and provides a line that boarders can use to more easily access the target. It can also be used to drag a target off course.

Mutually Assured Destruction: To use this maneuver, the ship must be equipped with at least one Bombard or a firespout and must have firebombs on it. In a last-ditch attempt to take down a target when the longship is about to be destroyed. The longship rams the enemy, then sets off all of its gunpowder and other explosives while the crew abandons ship, dealing damage equal to the amount of gunpowder in pounds x1d6.

Reaver Feats

Stormlord's Chosen
You were born under the Stormlord's star, signifying that you were destined to become a Reaver. You can call upon the Stormlord's favor and channel it into an attack
Prerequisite: 1st level Reaver
Benefit: A number of times per day equal to your Reaver level divided by 2 (minimum 1) you may manifest the blessing of the Stormlord as a bolt of lightning that shoots from your fingers. This bolt does 1d4/ two hit dice of damage at a range of 60 feet.

Southron Reaver
Instead of being the iconic grizzled Northman, you are the product of the hellish jungles of the South, Raiding river settlements in a shallow-drafted Longship.
Prerequisite: Reaver, Must be actively raiding in Tropical waters
Benefit: You exchange your Cold Resistance for Fire Resistance, and gain +4 to all saving throws versus Disease.

Well, playground, what do you think? I would greatly appreciate help at sgetting the power level towards upper tier 3.

Chaos_Laicosin
2012-04-05, 09:32 PM
A few suggestions:

Adding your intimidate modifier to the DC for frightening yell just seems... odd. I'm not sure I've ever seen a skill used to modify a save DC before. I'd suggest just removing the check (since none of the other shouts have one) and knock the duration back to 1/4 reaver level to compensate for the lack of a check.

Just randomly gaining low-light vision seems out of place, too. It is a race ability otherwise, and would be useless to an orcish reaver since they have darkvision. I'd suggest replacing it or just getting rid of it.

Another thing (though I don't really have an issue with it, I know others will) is that 9th level is dead, and 7th would be too if you got rid of low-light vision. Even if its just adding in a simple skill bonus or something, people seem to complain about dead levels.

As an added idea, since their lively hood is plundering and raiding, perhaps you could add in a bonus for after they have done such an activity. Say something like a +2 to all dice rolls lasting 24 hours after they have raided/plundered/pillaged/etc.

LrdoftheRngs
2012-04-05, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

Adding your intimidate modifier to the DC for frightening yell just seems... odd. I'm not sure I've ever seen a skill used to modify a save DC before. I'd suggest just removing the check (since none of the other shouts have one) and knock the duration back to 1/4 reaver level to compensate for the lack of a check.

The reason I tacked that intimidate check on there is because it is an intimidation tactic, but I think that it does make sense to get rid of it.

Just randomly gaining low-light vision seems out of place, too. It is a race ability otherwise, and would be useless to an orcish reaver since they have darkvision. I'd suggest replacing it or just getting rid of it.

That is a very good point. I think I might just change that to a bonus to spot checks or something like that.

Another thing (though I don't really have an issue with it, I know others will) is that 9th level is dead, and 7th would be too if you got rid of low-light vision. Even if its just adding in a simple skill bonus or something, people seem to complain about dead levels.

As for level 9, I originally had an ability there that was completely out of the whole concept of the class, and just decided to remove it. I'll try to think of something new.
EDIT: Added in weapon specialization as a bonus feat for level 9, replaced low-light vision with keen eyes

Chaos_Laicosin
2012-04-05, 10:28 PM
Oh, and another thing, for captain you say "...at every level that is a multiple of four" when the same thing could be achieved by saying "...every 4th level"

Just a clerical thing...

LrdoftheRngs
2012-04-05, 10:37 PM
That would be less wordy. I'll change it.

Empedocles
2012-04-05, 10:53 PM
Can I suggest this image? A boat is a little bland...
http://projektvandal.websnadno.cz/D.jpg

And here's a full PEACH :smallsmile:

Chassis (HD, BAB, Saves): Looks good. A case could be made for a d12 HD, but that's not really a big deal.

Skills: Perfect.

Battle Cry: Okay, I was confused for a minute. This is basically like bardic music, where the reaver has one ability that has a bunch of different functions. You should have battle cry bolded, and all of it's little uses (frightening shout, victorious cry, shout of defiance, demoralizing yell, fury of the maelstrom) and stormlord's shout) all in italics directly below the description of battle cry. It's extremely unclear the way you have it now. Otherwise, these abilities are pretty cool. You should specify what you mean by "storm" though (in the stormlord's shout). Is this hurricane winds and heavy rain? Demoralizing yell could also be stronger...how about a -2 penalty on attack rolls and a -5 penalty to will saves? Finally, all of the yells need a duration (equal to class level?).

Sea Legs: Flavorful. Not very useful really, but still necessary I think.

Black Sails and Muffled Oars: Now this is what I'm talking about! Flavorful but still extremely useful. I like it!

Infamy: Mostly flavor, but still nice.

Cleaving Charge: Cool. A little weird of an ability (I think diehard as a bonus feat should've come before this) for this class, but still cool.

Keen Eyes: Like sea legs, this is pretty much just fluff. Still like it though.

Naval Warfare: Awesome. You could use a few more maneuvers and more specific descriptions of what each does, but still awesome.

This is cool. It's actually a lot like a bard, which is funny for a viking class, but it's nice. Not very powerful (mid Tier 5, I think) but worth playing. Of course, if you take it out of an aquatic environment it's only better then a commoner by virtue of its base attack...That's not really an issue though. I can't imagine anyone not doing an aquatic campaign playing this anyways :smallsmile:

Also, I saw that your join date was just this month. Is this you first homebrew class?

LrdoftheRngs
2012-04-05, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the analysis. I think I will put all of the individual shouts right below Battle Cry in the organization.

Finally, all of the yells need a duration (equal to class level?).

I believe that I put a duration with each yell, but that is probably just the confusing format. Nope, just the two of them.

diehard as a bonus feat

I actually never thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion, I will try to find a way to implement it.

mid Tier 5, I think

Any suggestions on how to get it a bit more powerful?

And I actually joined a year ago this month, but only so I could ask for some DMing advice. This is, in fact, my first homebrew.

LrdoftheRngs
2012-04-05, 11:58 PM
Latest adjusments: Swapped Infamy for Cold Resistance, added Progression for Keen Eyes. Was thinking about adding more utility abilties so it wouldn't be utterly useless outside of combat/naval situations.

Empedocles
2012-04-06, 12:29 AM
Latest adjusments: Swapped Infamy for Cold Resistance, added Progression for Keen Eyes. Was thinking about adding more utility abilties so it wouldn't be utterly useless outside of combat/naval situations.

I downplayed that in my complete PEACH...but yeah. It's a frigging wimp off the boat. A big issue that could arise though is that, even in a naval campaign, you have to dock sometimes (supplies, etc.). If the DM does anything that doesn't take place in the sea, past level 5 this guy isn't just weak. He's actually a liability.

I'll go to sleep and post some ideas for utility later.

LrdoftheRngs
2012-04-06, 12:34 AM
I might actually add a Rage-like ability to reflect that the most fearsome viking raiders (Which I am trying to emulate) were often berserkers. Thanks for all the help!

LrdoftheRngs
2012-04-06, 12:52 AM
Update: Added Rage-like ability, increased shout duration. Also added new picture

Empedocles
2012-04-06, 01:07 AM
Against my better judgment, I'm still awake.

Here's an idea for an ability...some sort of Thor-esque "call lightning" thing. This would give him something to do against flying enemies and a ranged attack. Might be too magical though...if you do decide do include this, start giving it at low levels with limited uses per day and low damage, and expand the damage and uses/day as he levels.

At 2nd level give him the ability to break stuff. Lots of stuff. Having Sea Legs there...is really no better than a dead level (I do support sea legs as an ability. It's very flavorful, but again it's not really helpful).

How about a shout that has an effect similar to the shatter spell? Opens up some options for creative players...

Axe throwing. It'll make him a lot better in combat. Seriously.

I changed my mind. This is definitely a d12 HD class.

and finally...

Damage reduction as a barbarian. It fits in well with the flavor and makes him a hardier character at higher levels :smallsmile:

Depending on how good you make any ranged attacks (lightning or axes), this could bring him to the upper end of Tier 4. Definitely somewhere in Tier 4 with these revisions even without too powerful ranged attacks.

EDIT: New picture is awesome :smallcool:

LrdoftheRngs
2012-04-06, 01:16 AM
The shatter shout thing would be very useful. I might put it in as a side-effect of Thunderous roar. And I do like breaking stuff. Maybe a "Pillage and burn" sort of thing. He has DR as part of the Stormlord's Rage ability, but I could add a lesser one in there that is always active.
The one problem with axe-throwing is that throwing axes are wimpy. I much prefer the idea of chucking battleaxes around *evil grin*

Empedocles
2012-04-06, 01:20 AM
The shatter shout thing would be very useful. I might put it in as a side-effect of Thunderous roar. And I do like breaking stuff. Maybe a "Pillage and burn" sort of thing. He has DR as part of the Stormlord's Rage ability, but I could add a lesser one in there that is always active.
The one problem with axe-throwing is that throwing axes are wimpy. I much prefer the idea of chucking battleaxes around *evil grin*

That's actually what I meant (chucking battleaxes) :smallbiggrin: It'd make the whole thing much more badass. And is that a no to the Thor lightning? It was a bit of a stretch...

I still say passive DR and d12 HD though.

LrdoftheRngs
2012-04-06, 01:32 AM
I would say no to the lightning ability, solely because it is a wee bit too "magical" for the class. And although it is a very high level Battle Cry, the Stormlord's Shout would make it near impossible to fly (Hurricane-force winds, Lightning, etc.)

EDIT: And the passive DR and improved Hit Die were great ides, really makes the whole thing into more of a Viking Raider than a Ship's captain who happens to also fight on land sometimes.

Empedocles
2012-04-06, 01:46 AM
O.

I just noticed a (fairly) big flaw. This class is MAD (multiple ability dependent). It needs strength and constitution because it's a melee fighter, it needs dexterity to do any sort of fancy moves, and charisma for the shouts.

A small fix would be to let them add their strength bonus on attack rolls with the axes instead of their dexterity bonus, and make similar replacements on other class features. Get rid of dexterity being critical, and the class is normal (2-3 abilities are considered a good number to be dependent on. 4 is MAD as heck, and means you'll need to be a spellcaster to get into Tier 3. 5 and 6 are unheard of, but if anyone made a class that needed all but 1 or 2 stats there would have to be some serious revisions).

LrdoftheRngs
2012-04-06, 01:54 AM
Removed the need for Dexterity for throwing axes, and added a couple feats. More to come soon :smallsmile:

Empedocles
2012-04-06, 02:00 AM
Big, in fact huge, improvements. It's actually quite awesome :smallsmile:

Since you gave him diehard at 4th level, I'd suggest endurance at 2nd level. It's a prerequisite for diehard and it fits the flavor anyways.

...:smallconfused:

Making Pillage and Burn an intelligence based ability is not helping the MADness. I'd say just make it a Strength check, and make the DC 10 + the hardness of the item.

LrdoftheRngs
2012-04-06, 02:06 AM
Thanks a ton! This class wouldn't have been half as good without your help. And while this may be my first homebrew, I don't believe it will be my last :smallwink:

Empedocles
2012-04-06, 02:08 AM
Sure :smallsmile: Yeah when you do your first big homebrew (I find) you end up going off and doing a lot of stuff...you get motivated :smallsmile:

LrdoftheRngs
2012-04-08, 06:44 PM
Added note: Props to my irl friend Daniel for catching that Profession (Sailor) is Wis-based, not Int. almost every clerical/rules error that I made.

toapat
2012-04-08, 07:53 PM
you should change the Damage Resistance so it will stack with the raging damage reduction

lots of wording to be reworked also

Pillage and Burn has no effect ATM

otherwise, pretty good class. id have sea legs be a general balance bonus though, which doubles when on a ship

LrdoftheRngs
2012-04-09, 01:49 PM
I never noticed that I had forgotten to put an effect for pillage and burn. Thanks for catching that. Also, could you give me an example of some wording that needs to be reworked?

toapat
2012-04-09, 02:36 PM
I never noticed that I had forgotten to put an effect for pillage and burn. Thanks for catching that. Also, could you give me an example of some wording that needs to be reworked?

it would be easier to name what doesnt need to be reworked.

Endurace, Die Hard, Enourmous Strength, Sea legs, Keen Sight.

Most of the reworking isnt so much rebuilding, so much as writing it closer to how it would be written in a DnD sourcebook