PDA

View Full Version : What IC moment or accomplishment are you proudest of?

Dusk Eclipse
2012-04-12, 06:58 PM
I know that as an RPG player chances are that you have saved the world (or maybe even destroyed it) on at least one occasion, and while those kind of moments are awesome I am sure there are others of which you are proud. Perhaps you managed to secure a kingdom for yourself? Or maybe you killed the BBEG before he revealed himself.

The point of this thread is to share those awesome stories that have a special place in your memory.

I will start with one that happened recently:

In Anima Beyond Fantasy, there is an Inquisition lead by a man called Romeo Exxet, this man wield one of the most powerful swords in the world, the weapon is so powerful that the setting's God decreed that it should only be drawn as a last resort (something that only has happened twice in all time). Our party managed to be such a nuisance for the Inquisition that we forced not only Romeo to draw Jared Apocrytus. True we didn't face him head on; but the fact that we managed to do that was quite sweet and probably one of the best times in my gaming career.

AslanCross
2012-04-12, 08:12 PM
Just last session, we were playing Eyes of the Lich Queen in an Eberron/Pathfinder game. My character, a Karrnathi knight, was both the team mom and heavy tank of the group. We were trying to escape a prison we'd infiltrated, and for us to get out we had to go through a large group of guards, the prison warden and his ogre lackey. As such, we'd buffed ourselves to insane levels, and my character cast Enlarge person on herself.

Then the warden broke out his pistols (DM was using the Gunslinger class), and damn near killed my character. However, she got back up, and grappled the warden. In this state, he couldn't shoot, which saved my squishy party members from certain death. Eventually she punched his face in.

randomhero00
2012-04-13, 08:36 AM
I tricked/dealt/persuaded the King of all Lichs to give me his power over his undead armies (talking control of ~50% of all the undead in that entire world)!

The Lich King had wanted something badly from our group, and was then planning to leave the plane. This took place in a heavily modded DnD world...for instance planar travel is super difficult and there aren't any spells for it.

We were supposed to fight him, or he was supposed to steal doo-dad and run but the DM never expected someone to make a deal with the BBEG and end things peacefully! This was especially delicate work because 3 party members were good (and 2 evil, including me). So I had to make sure they were busy. It also helped having a friend on the button of an ion cannon in orbit. hehe.

My character also later on made a deal with a god, to weaken another and eventually become one himself. While that lead to more power of course, it was also somewhat part of the story. So not actually as impressive.

Most of what was impressive over that characters life (played him for a year real time) was his ability to get out or ignore consequences in all these evil contracts he made. I'd often come to games with a contract several pages long. Ironically, the person who finally "got" him in the end was his own evil friend's (aka party member) betrayal!

He had been working on his betrayal for months real time so that when my character finally became a god (end of game) he'd essentially have control over me or bad things would happen. Everyone was so shocked we all applaused. Best game ever.

Trinoya
2012-04-13, 12:47 PM
In a long forgotten D&D campaign years ago, I PK'd the entire party.

Twice.

And got away with it for a full year.

I had become the BBEG after the very first session. No one knew till I went Chaotic Evil... :(

I still wasn't the most impressive player in that game though. That'd be the guy who one shot killed an ancient red dragon because the DM signed off on enchantment upon enchantment without reading the fine print.

randomhero00
2012-04-13, 01:04 PM
Oh that reminds me...it was low levels (single digits DnD) I was an archer/ranger. My mostly evil group was buying slaves. I basically got 3 crits in a row when I plugged that slaver with 3 arrows :) taught him and my group :D
NO SLAVERY! :P

Averis Vol
2012-04-13, 01:48 PM
recently i was playing an elderly warmage who was a high priest of kossuth, while adventuring one day slaughtering followers of orcus i solo'ed the dungeon due to unfortunate incompetance of my party. so first room in the cave we find some strange markings on a wall and the raptoran scout runs off to look at it, i shout and challenge his initiative and lose......miserably. :smallannoyed: so everyone else goes before me and bunches up by the writing only to be dropped upon by 4 carrion crawlers. so they roll there initiative and stomp the parties, immediately full attacking with they're stunning tenticles. now there was a druid/barb, scout, and psiwar/barb wwho all had good fort saves......but in 9 rolls a piece your bound to fail sooner or later, so they go down. eventually it hits my turn and i sculpt fireball them out of existence.

so after waiting the twelve rounds to get them up i heal them up with a wand and we continue down a strangely moss covered and narrow hallway which once the other three rush off through, without searching, find out is filled with advanced assassin vines. so again, initiative goes and i score third after the psiwar and vines. so the psiwar is standing on the ground readying an attack being as he has no ranged weapon, so its the vines turn and they grapple everyone in range which, coincidentally, was everyone besides me. my turn comes around and i blast the vines away with a gout of fire, releasing my party from the assassin vines.

so we decide to rest for a moment as the scout actually does his job and scouts, well no sooner did he go down the next hallway does he come running back saying theres a room full of orcus' warriors sitting at an underground tavern (aproximately 14 of them) so the psiwar looks at me and says (in what i can only assume is a mocking tone) "think you can handle this old man?" so i smiled and stood up, proudly walking down the hallway and shouted "by kossuth be purged in fire ye of dark faith!" and launched a sudden enlarged empowered exploding fireball smack in the center of them. the dm looks up from his computer wide eyed saying "are you sure?" ofcourse, i said yes and after rolling the saves he mearly pointed to one guy in the corner and says "he saved". so after all was rolled and done they each took 89 points of damage and were thrown back 60 feet into the walls taking an extra 6d6 damage.

so something he mentioned as he was describing was the forty kegs of ale that lined the walls in the tavern exploding, nearly doubling the damage the fireball dealt.

so the scout looks in and asks "what do i see?" the dm sighs and says "anything that was in the room is gone. the tables, the chairs, the people, the door on the other side and the kegs of ale are all gone, all that remains is ash." so the room goes quiet and we walk to the next room and act like we had never seen that. the rest of the party started listening to my words after that. :smallbiggrin:

never have i been more proud of my humble warmage then that day.

Re'ozul
2012-04-13, 01:51 PM
I like my cleric I am playing in a 4th ed game right now.
In combat he is basically a debuff/healbot but outside of combat he is partyface, treasurer (of the greedy kind) and opportunist all in one.

Things I am proud of having pulled off so far.
- Managed to aquire a pirate ship. (lvl 1)
- Pulled off a huge gambling fraud worth 100,000gp, we got to keep 20k (lvl 3)
- Bribed/fasttalked government workers into writing deeds of two villas (whos occupants we killed) over to me.
- Established an information network among street rats (in progress)

navar100
2012-04-13, 01:58 PM
I was a playing a Crusader/Swordsage/Master of Nine. As a roleplay shtick he often fought shirtless - part vanity, part insulting his enemies because they were defeated by an unarmed half-naked human, a male at that when it comes to Drow.

The campaign had a House Rule feat chain known as Legacy Feats which grant you various abilities as the levels progress. Mine was known as the Gryphon Orb (hence my avatar :smallsmile:) Some of its abilities included allowing swordsage unarmed progression equal character level instead of class level (I only had two levels of swordsage), evasion, an extra known and granted maneuver, and shapechange into a gryphon.

Anyway, a particular climactic battle took place in the throne room of a far off country while two sorceresses were battling for Queen. The party was rooting for the true Queen. As it happens my character could not physically enter the throne room because I had the Gryphon Orb. It turns out the Gryphons have a not so friendly history with the nation in question so wards were put in place to prevent entry. This was news to me, and I still supported the true Queen. I took this an opportunity to forge a new friendship.

However, I needed to get in the throne room to help the party. That is how I learned I could shapechange into a Gryphon. At the time I was able to separate the Gryphon Orb from me entirely, but instead of separating I become the Orb. Anyway, with the Gryphon now a separate entity, I had it wait outside while I was then able to enter the throne room. Of course, I no longer had the Legacy feat abilities, which meant I used a greatsword in battle instead of my usual fisticuffs. Still, I was a Crusader/Swordsage/Master of Nine, so I was only nearly naked literally as opposed to combat figuratively. :smallamused:

The party was victorious as was the true Queen. I put on a shirt out of respect as I approached the Queen as a member of the party. I acknowledge my Gryphon heritage and offer reconciliation. The Queen accepts the opportunity as she allows the Gryphon to return to me.

A great battle and game in its own right, but then came the cherry on top of the sundae. All of a sudden a group of dignitaries entered the throne room bringing news of events that happened off camera regarding NPCs important for the Queen but had no direct bearing on any matter of the party. Leading the dignitaries was my character's girlfriend! She made an obvious commotion that she needed to talk to me about something. Then right in front of everyone she grabbed my character and kissed him on the lips.

Pure cinematic cliche and shlotz of an adventure arc ending, but it was incredible. My character's ego got stroked real well that day.

FearlessGnome
2012-04-13, 02:06 PM
Call of Cthulhu. Had a psychotic psychiatric nurse. She had a sidekick (meatshield) whose job description was basically "Get in between the nurse and everything that wants to kill her and put lead in it" (admittedly made harder by her tendency to switch bodies with random cultists/innocent civilians/grand standing evil sorcerers. Anyway, in the second to last Big Showdown, the Evil Sorcerer Cabal decided to Mindcrush him, followed by filling his lungs with sand and blinding him.
Mind crush resulted in Indiscriminate Murderous Rage.
He rolled a 05 to guess at the direction he last saw the evil sorcerers in.
He rolled a 01 to spray them with his tommy gun.
4 out of 5 killed sorcerers fell to a blind psychopath with his lungs full of sand.

Funky Goose
2012-04-13, 03:15 PM
First level, and our party was hired to clear out a basement of an alchemists' shop full of Dire Insects and the like.

After some... Over-enthusiastic fighting, a bug pretty much knocked over ALL of the potions that were being stored there into one big (Highly corrosive) mess, into which we promptly chucked a couple of Feindish Centipedes.

Now, just as we were finishing up killing the remaining insects, the pool of potions had drawn up and transformed into a large Gelatinous cube! We started hitting it with various things, but nothing seemed to take effect, when we decided to do what all good mercenary thugs adventurers must do - Kill it with Fire. Unfortunatly, however, the sorcerer was out of spells for the day, so we resorted to swinging at it with lit torches throwing a molatov coctail at it... Which stuck in it. We were slowly being pushed back down the corridor when I decided to try attacking the Oil bottle (clearly showing inside the cube) to try and set it on fire or something.

Critical hit to the oil with a burning torch.

The cube violently exploded, slmost killing me and severly splattering the other two with vile acid, and destroying half the foundations of the building. We didn't get paid for that job, but it was fun :smallbiggrin:

Autolykos
2012-04-13, 06:24 PM
Pulling off a Maoist revolution and conquering the whole game world with two non-combat characters without any exceptional skills or talents (and turning a fantasy setting into steampunk in the process).
The "world" was an island with roughly the same size and climate as Spain, stuck at a technology level around ancient Greece. My brother played a historian sent in from our world plus some low magic (technically he wasn't suppose to share any technology or modern ideas, which he tried to respect in the beginning but felt compelled to ignore later on), my character was an architect and mechanic from their world.
The world was peaceful for centuries, which led them to abandon pretty much all military (only keeping some city guards around), but got suddenly threatened by a bunch of monsters (maybe a little stronger than D&Ds Orcs or Hobgoblins) overrunning the countryside. The nobles just hunkered down behind their walls, leaving the peasants and poorer people outside.
Our group first tried some "adventurer-like" stuff to find out about the source of the monsters, went searching for artifacts to defeat them or tried to convince the nobles to help, but that got us nowhere. We couldn't find a source, the artifacts were not strong enough to be of any use against armies of monsters (especially not in the hands of the equivalent of first-level characters), and the nobles were either sitting on their hands or covering their asses (it's hard to tell from afar).
Then we tried helping at least some people by gathering a few villages, leading them to an abandoned city (no idea why it was that way), building farms and palisades. One of the local nobles sent spies in to intrigue against us and got us thrown out of the city. At that point our group moved to the capital city and split up because we couldn't agree on a good plan.
One player went in the city and tried to stir up a revolt (don't ask me why). He managed to spark some riots, but didn't accomplish much with them. Some others consulted with the local priests, but they weren't very helpful either. My brother and me went to the people locked outside the city walls, convinced them to build a settlement next to the river that connected the city with the ocean and started to rob collect tolls from the fishermen bringing food to the city - which was pretty much their only source of food at that point, otherwise they just lived off the reserves in their granary. Their reserves would've lasted for the better part of a year, but an "unfortunate accident" during the riots burned it down. By that time we had already formed a respectable force of militia/bandits, and the ruler wouldn't have dared to send the city guard outside where they could be ambushed by monsters and/or suffer heavy losses trying to attack us (and leaving his city defenseless). So he was forced to negotiate. We agreed to reduce the "tolls" to a lower (almost fair) level in exchange for the right to harvest the fields around the city (otherwise they would've shot us from the walls because they believed it was theirs even though they didn't harvest it). We also surprised and killed a small scouting group of the monsters (and put their heads on pikes around our new village), giving us the reputation of being able to fight them (where the nobles failed). We also designed and built some machinery like water-powered threshers and mills and were seen as the only ones who could provide food and security at times when everyone else was starving and scared. We convinced the rest of our group to go looking for other small villages to lead to us, as well as trying to get talented craftsmen from nearby cities to join us. Then we made lots of weapons and led an army against the monsters, defeating them with few losses. Luckily, they were rather poor at tactics. We stopped them at a bridge with a small force using a shield wall, provoked them to attack (they didn't expect any meaningful resistance), and peppered them with arrows from the edge of a nearby forest (fielding roughly one thousand archers against one or two hundred monsters). They were in tight formation at their side of the bridge and got almost completely massacred before they even realized what was going on.
At that point my brothers' character (who now was the general of a victorious army) returned home, chased the inept nobles in the city away and got himself named emperor (of two cities, but still).
Afterwards he used his knowledge of modern technology to kickstart an industrial revolution (being short on labor but having good access to resources, he was in the ideal situation for this). He still had an axe to grind with those unhelpful priests, so he tried to secularize his state as much as possible (people could believe whatever they wanted, but the church didn't receive any funding from one day to another and completely collapsed as an institution). He also had a massive dislike for the merchant's guild (which he believed to be responsible for setting the nobles up against us), which led him to go for a planned economy a bit more than would've been necessary anyway to industrialize a whole country in a matter of decades (defining his political orientation pretty close to maoism). Our economic superiority alone allowed us to steamroll pretty much anything left in the world. We "convinced" them to join us and incorporated them into the empire. His character died after a few years, leaving me to complete his plans (with the help of some information he wrote down), which (combined with the lack of oil in our world) set our technological advance back to a pretty normal pace after we reached a mid-1800s level.
When we came back for a short visit with another group some 30 years later, we found a full-fledged steampunk world.
Now our GM asks us every time we start a new game not to conquer his world again.

Ravens_cry
2012-04-15, 02:37 AM
My Paladin marrying (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13034519&postcount=2) the (literal, not figurative) harpy he'd been courting all through the adventure, turning down immortality to spend his short, human, lifespan at her side.

Jay R
2012-04-15, 09:27 AM
I posted this in another thread a couple of months ago, but it is certainly my proudest IC moment. Six PCs in a world without magic stopped an entire invading army. The game was Flashing Blades - role-playing in the 17th century France of the musketeers.

We had intercepted bills of lading, which implied an army of roughly 2,000 soldiers and camp followers and 500 horses, led by the General Don Miguel ____, whose last name is a moot point, as shown below. All winter, we had horses staked out to attract two wolf packs to the forest between Luneville and Drouville. We wanted numerous wolves used to feeding on horseflesh to greet the Spanish army.

The first delivery was at St. Die. We arranged that the food would arrive two days early, to allow spoilage. Then there was a heavy rain that delayed the troops. The wine was (very mildly) spiked with bad water. There were 20 pistoles baked into the bread. We spread a rumor that the rich soldiers have been throwing coins to the peasants. Vivienne (an actress) and Jean Louis (my character - a rogue who could juggle) began to join the army as camp followers, Vivienne concentrating her attentions on the officers. Jean Louis started to become a common face, performing, spreading rumors, asking questions. "What's this I hear about a missing paywagon?"

The next day was Baccarat. 20 more pistoles and 2 Louis d'Or were baked in the bread. The wine was slghtly more spiked. Deliveries of the food arrived mid morning the next day, further delaying the troops. Vivienne had two officers fighting a duel over her we spread rumors about the paywagon, and bad blood between officers. (Jean Louis gathered a crowd of soldiers at the dueling field.) We started a fire in town after the troops left. Some cavalry units left early, and so were not fed.

Near the town of Luneville, we burned a bridge and planted stakes. The cavalry units tried to cross first, and one horse was lamed. So they waited for the rest of the army to arrive to build the bridge. More unrest, more rumors, more bad food. We incited some guttersnipes to throw rocks across the river at them.

The bridge was finished mid morning the next day, so late the next night, a bedraggled, tired, dispirited army arrived at Drouville. The army was forced to detour through the wolf forest by a road block. We spread rumors that the army had been torching villages behind them. The food was strongly poisoned, and the rye bread was tainted. The army was not going to be in shape to deal with the situation.

Vivienne lured Don Miguel to her room at an inn, and murdered him in his sleep. We spread poisoned oats out in the woods. Then we torched the town, stampeding the horses. We started several fires on the upwind side of town. While cutting horses loose, Jean Louis was spotted. He yelled, "Release the horses — don't let them burn!" And the Spanish guard helped him release all the Spanish horses into the wolf forest. The Spanish lost supplies, horses, and lots of time trying to round up the horses that survived the night. Note that spooked horses aren't too bright, and that they were downwind of the flames. Many horses were lost (or eaten). Jean Louis slipped into the General's headquarters. He fought and killed two sentries, leaving them in a pose indicating that they had slain each other. He then made off with the general's orders, dispatches, and 70 escudo (4200 L.!).

In nearby towns the next day we spread rumors that the army was berserk, looting and burning. We spread rumors in the army that the general was seen running off with a courtesan. Henri went north and bought their next shipment of food (with their money), which we dumped in the river. After spreading a few more rumors in Nancy, the capital of Lorraine, (and told the duke about the Spanish brigands), we returned to Paris, where we delivered the orders and dispatches to Richelieu.

The army split up, some becoming bandits until captured by the Duke of Lorraine; some continuing on, ravaging the countryside as they went. But the invasion, as an invasion, was foiled.

TARDIS
2012-04-15, 10:06 AM
From a DM perspective: Scaring my players during the first session of my long-planned Ravenloft game with zombie chickens.

Yes.

You know you've got your players engaged in a horror campaign when zombified poultry freaks them the flying fudge out and sends them running.

That campaign is still the highlight of D&D career, from the moment the players were informed the bridge to the south was washed out and the railway company would be putting them up in the nearby town of Kentdown until the spring floods were over, to the final crowning moments when the artificer tackled the big bad through a stained glass window at the height of the masquerade ball with his artificed jet pack... crowning campaign of awesome.

Dumorimasoddaa
2012-04-16, 07:42 AM
My proudest IC event was the almost single handed (it felt that way it wasn't quite my team had their parts to play) destruction of a Tyranid hive ship that we exited the warp into in a Deathwatch game, a branch of the Warhammer 40k RPG. This was done by (along with the team's devastator who kept spores of the hull) taking a Thunderhawk gunship out to sever the boarding tentacles with it's turbo laser, unfortunately one of the teams dealing with severing a tentacle had to fall back and I had run out of power for the main gun and the hull was crawling with 'nids; the only solution was fly at the tentacle with they reactor set to explode and eject at the last moment after lining up a solid ram. Following the resulting explosion now the hull of our ship, now entering orbit had to, be traversed before the forces of atmospheric entry killed us.

This is one of my proudest moments due to the number of time's my character risked all for the good of the team, losing his Thunderhawk, making sure my other team member was safe as I was about to die to save him twice once when he left the ship well before I did as I wanted to make sure it severed the tentacle, and again on the hull of the ship when with the wall of burning air quickly approaching throwing my brother in arms in to the airlock that alone neither of us could make. I pretty much survived due to pure DM flait and a dose of luck with the ships crew realising our/my plight and readjusting the entry angle of the ship to buy me enough time to reach a hull breach and enter the ship from there. The Thunderhawk also took a proud place on the roll of honour it's sacrifice saved the entire ship.

Kogak
2012-04-16, 09:29 AM
One of my fondest moments: Guessing the assassination plot of the DM's on the first shot with minimal input long before it was supposed to be out in the open. I was playing an assassin/ninja spy sort of character and dove right into character assassinations along with run-of-the-mill assassinations.

The setup: It was a modified orient setting based (rather) loosely around the Oriental Adventures largely for clan specialties and the starting royal family. The DM had the royal line of succession as follows. The eldest of three sons is a literal bastard, the most capable and least likely to ascend to the throne. He was also the most sympathetic towards me given my general usefulness in many situations (I had established myself as a useful foreign diplomat largely through subterfuge). The second of three was a priest and the most likely to ascend if things remained as they were. He expressed little interest but would follow through with his duty as he saw it. This fellow was neutral to me and until these events unfolded I did not care overmuch who took the throne. The final was a real go-getter fellow that held a great animosity towards my character (he could never prove I had tried to have him killed, and he should not have been there so he could not bring formal accusations to bear).

I am minding my own business with my fellow rogue flavored friends when I get we receive an urgent message requesting (demanding, really) our presence at the palace immediately. Put out, but compliant for our public image (newly granted land out in the sticks to get rid of me) we arrived to find the city in turmoil and bustling with rumors of the death of the heir. Needless to say I became quite concerned by this news, an the party information expert managed to dig up a few facts.

The DM gave us the following: the heir was discussing various religious texts and taking his afternoon tea as he usually did when he abruptly began to screech like a banshee and jumped out of a window to his death, the youngest brother had been seen in a cafe sort of place eating lunch with a rather peculiar woman (we knew to be one of his creepy stalker sort of fanatical followers), and the eldest brother (the illegitimate one) was taking all the blame. In a nutshell, the political climate was about to see us burned during the after party if all went well. The DM was going through a few details and I spent some time in quiet, idle thought.

As one might expect, the fellow being framed was asking us for our aide in any way possible, lest his own head be separated from his body in a most untimely fashion. The DM gave us a day to try to come up with some sort of testimony or excuse to postpone immediate execution since all the evidence did indeed point to our man. By the nature of the crime, the people involved were all in a room that forbade lying but (due to various social conventions and half-truths) nobody was willing to ask directly whodunit sort of questions, and there was some other reason I cannot quite recall. The DM is just about to wrap up our first first day in the city as we are introducing ourselves, swearing to tell the truth, yada yada when I say "It could not have been our man.".

The DM looks suspicious and the magistrate gives me a "how could you know unless you were the one to have done it?" sort of line, to which I respond "Because he (indicating the youngest brother) poisoned the man's afternoon tea, driving him mad and convincing him to jump out of the window". The brother gets angry, condemns my lineage and responds that the tea was handled by one highly trusted servant of the heir. I respond "Order a cup of tea from the kitchen right now. You must then drink the tea when it arrives to see if it is still safe." I am still highly disappointed that nobody took me up on this. The brother shuts up as the magistrate comments "He has an alibi. How could he have done this?"

Clearly a full explanation is needed in such a high profile crime, so I explain "The man clearly has at least one fanatical follower that would kill for him without question. He did not ever give a direct order, so such a question would clearly elicit a response indicating innocence, because she would happily read between the lines over a simple lunch date. In her desperate attempts to please him, the woman (I have long since forgotten her name) took it upon herself to acquire the poison and disguise herself as the trusted young manservant. Her abilities in magic are well known and she is very well supplied by other followers of his highness there. Once he set the seeds of the idea in her head, he merely had to find himself in the public eye at the time of the supposed accident and plant evidence to make it appear as if his eldest brother were responsible, clearing the way to the throne for himself."

I missed some of the details (a shape shifting ring was used instead of normal magical spells for instance), but I was close enough to spot on that the fellow could not deny his involvement and knowledge while in the room. He was exiled and his lands (and son) put into the custody of a trusted nobleman. A new (very sympathetic) emperor followed shortly and life became rather comfortable for our little band of miscreants. The DM later asked me just how I had managed to figure it out with so little information to use. I shrugged and said "I asked myself how I would have killed him and framed the brother and tossed it out as a factual statement."

Rickshaw
2012-04-16, 12:52 PM
In the ocean based 3.e campaign I'm currently playing in, I play a LG monk, who through some clever application of the writ of habeas corpus, gained control and became the captain of the ship.

however, through the course of the adventure, the DM decided he really wanted to corrupt someone, and my backstory made Captain Max the monk a perfect target. (basically just the pull between knowledge and wisdom vs power.) Anyways, Max turned LE, and got some nice bonuses and stuff for the low low price of eternal damnation.

Then the party ran into the Arbiter of the Sea, or some such, who judged and weighed everyone's sins. and since we consist of a druid who makes PETA look meek, a Paladin who loves sex with just about anything, Max the corrupted monk, and a rogue, it wasn't going so well. also some of our other crew members were shifty. So I stepped forward and said "I am the captain of the ship. What my crew do, or not do, is my responsibility, and I will face their consequences as well as my own." I'd been watching captain picard and drinking >__>

anyways, the Arbiter said "ok." and the DM said "K so Max falls down, stone dead. what does the rest of the party do?" what they did was badger this Arbiter into returning max to life because even though he was evil, he's a pretty okay guy, and some other stuff. Anyways, Max is now on probationary life-having conditional to him becoming good again or at least neutral. It was pretty cool ^^

FearlessGnome
2012-04-17, 06:48 AM
Over the last few weeks, my party had to split up and go off and each raise an army. In my case, I went to Baator, where Mephistopheles is currently rebelling and trying to take over Hell from Asmodus. To get an army from him, I had to do something insanely impressive, and obvious enough that he'd lose face if he didn't supply the troops afterwards.

I freed Levistus.

Anxe
2012-04-17, 09:01 AM
The group had been solving various problems around this island and we began to suspect that a white dragon was responsible for all of them. We suited up for cold climates and climbed the dragon's mountain. We ventured into its cave and engaged in a mighty battle with it. My elven rogue jumped upon the dragon's back and cast a homebrew first level version of web in its eyes (It only has one target and requires a ranged touch attack). Blinded! YEAH!

Man on Fire
2012-04-19, 04:32 PM
In one superheroic game my character managed to find a way to deal with two problems at the same time - ultra powerful supervilain and some strange gray goo that tried to eat other player. He just threw the former into the latter. Later it turned into some strange cocoon but campaing died before I had a chance to find out about consequences of my decision.

In another game my very underpowered character managed to find a way to harm a villain who was absorbing our attack. By biting him in the crotch.

Dr.Epic
2012-04-19, 04:39 PM
Tricking a rich noble into playing a game of cards when my character had Detect Thoughts cast on them.

Beowulf DW
2012-04-19, 08:43 PM
Taunting a monk that the DM had optimized the heck out of, getting beaten half to pulp by said monk, then scoring two crits that left him blind, deaf and crippled, all in the same round.

Amphetryon
2012-04-19, 10:40 PM
Stopping an out of control steam-powered bulldozer by leaping on it, killing the driver, and yanking the emergency brake just before it hit the main shop in town. Too bad it directly caused the DM to nerf my character.

TechnoScrabble
2012-04-19, 10:51 PM
I have a tendency to make my characters risk heroic sacrifices.

The first one that comes to mind was during a d&d 3.5 game when my dwarf Boad Hoignar's Son (who I've used for many different games) stayed behind to hold off a horde of ratmen while the other members of the party evacuated citizens from a canyon city. Boad managed to kill most of the horde, including the daemon prince leading them (Boad has a major thing for stabbing daemons in the eye socket, it's happened seven times so far) before the ratmen overwhelmed him and cut his hands off. When they tried to cut his beard, he bit a finger off of the offending tormentor. The party returned later and saved him, but could not heal his hands, so they were replaced with magically hardened and controllable stone fists that he could take on and off.