PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus]Justice Tower(or 22 Warehouse Lane)

Mindfreak
2012-04-12, 11:04 PM
Justice Tower
Justice Tower's entrance is a portal located in a warehouse at 22 Warehouse Lane.

Justice Tower itself is in Inside itself, hidden thanks to very clever portal usage.

Members of the Justice Crew:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8842/447052-283729_129394_projectra_super_super.jpg
Imagine a teenage girl version of this.

Her name is...
Gamma Girl. A.K.A. Jane Letha.
After her body was irradiated by gamma radiation, she was endowed by great powers. Her control over her powers so far have allowed her to create portals that link to other places in all shapes and sizes.

Due to the circumstances of her gain of power(being forced to test a machine her father made because men kidnapped her and her family. In the end her entire family died) she's vowed to make sure no other person would have to go through that, so she fights for justice! Which is also why she created the Justice Crew, to help in her cause.
Player: Mindfreak

Lightning Lass
"Caitlin Bishop"

She's your classic golden age hero type. Spunky and ready to kick some butt. A blonde bombshell, with a bit of a spark to her. :small wink:

Her abilities are Super-strength and Electrical Manipulation. Which are typically channeled together by wreathing her hands in lightning and punishing out the baddies.*

She lost all her friends and mentors in an attack on her college, badly injured she only barely managed to escape and despite her outward appearance of cheer she is haunted by the guilt and she has vowed vengeance against the perps.*
Player: celtois

Name: Peter Sylvil AKA Morpheus
Appearance:
A skinny guy, tall, dark brown ear length hair, green eyes, quite handsome face.
Powers: Illusion manipulation, thus creating illusions at will that feel as real as he wants them to be. Also a low level Empathy, making him able to read other people's emotions.
Personality:
Mostly quiet, ussually grumpy but nice when he feels people need it. Prefers to be on his own. Quite loyal to his friends.
Player: Eadin

Mr. Marble isn't quite sure what the hell he is, or where he came from. All indications seem to point towards being a magical golem of some sort, given that he's a literal marble statue, roughly 2.5 meters tall, only without that whole 'inanimacy' thing most marble statues are encumbered with. Physically speaking, he's perfect. Comparing him to Adonis would most likely be literally correct. A masterpiece worthy of Michelangelo, which only adds to the mystery of his origin.*

He doesn't have any sort of angsty backstory, or single tragic event that drove him to heroism. He stopped a robbery once, and rather enjoyed the feeling of helping other people, so he resolved to do that sort of thing more often. He felt a little bit guilty about concussions he gave the robbers though. Turns out getting punched in the head with a fist made out of solid stone tends to be quite painful, especially when the man dealing the blows has the strength to punch out a speeding truck. That's why he tends to pull his punches, and includes specially padded fingerless gloves as part of his costume, to cushion his blows. The rest of his costume is pretty basic. A sleeveless black spandex bodysuit with white panelings, a black and gold belt, and black boots with similar white panelings.

Powerwise, aside from aforementioned strength, Mr. Marble possesses amazing durability, even for someone made out of solid stone (especially seeing as marble is a rather soft rock, which is part of what makes it so popular for sculptures), and has shown a remarkable ability to reconstruct himself from injury. However, he has shown a rather severe weakness to acid, which attacks his marble form, and sufficiently strong and sharp blows by a hard object can cause cracking and shattering.

In general, David as a person comes across as genuinely kindhearted (despite lacking a heart, or indeed, any internal organs as such) and empathetic, but more than a little naive and gullible, considering his memories start only a few years ago (and he hasn't built up the same level of paranoia as people like KR to compensate). He's slightly flamboyant, somewhat shallow and appearance orientated, usually impeccably dressed in designer clothes from big brands, which are not as hard to come by as you might think, given that he moonlights as a male model, having been involved in ads for such corporations as Magercrombie & Sirtch and Krebs Klein.
Player: Kid Kris

Description:

A large tower that's more like a large building, Justice Tower is home to the Justice Crew

Special Rooms:

The Mess Hall: A place to get grub!
Very good grub through.
It's modeled after a small cafe.

The Member's Rooms: Each member has a room they get to tailor to their own personal style. They're typically the size of a master bedroom.

The Control Center: A place where Gamma Girl spends most of her time, thanks to clever portal usage she can look into different parts of Inside, sniffing out crime.
There's also typical crime fighter gear here for those technology inclined.

The Den: A place for goofing off, reading, or just plan naps, it has the comfiest couches and chairs you'll ever find, an air hockey table, and a nice tv.

The Exercise Room: Filled with equipment of all sorts to help hone your power or just keep in shape, this room is perfect for those with the need to train. Its weights even go up to the thousands in pounds!

Alone we lose, together we win

KerfuffleMach2
2012-04-12, 11:12 PM
[Warehouse]

Through the use of fancy portals, Krystal is brought to the warehouse by Gamma Girl.

Once here, she looks around, taking everything in.

Mindfreak
2012-04-12, 11:16 PM
She will find that she's currently alone in the warehouse except for some comfy looking chairs and a table with refreshments on it(a cooler with sodas in it and a cracker, pepperoni, and cheddar platter) that seem to have just appeared.
Krystal might hear Gamma Girl's voice in her ear saying:
"The others will be hear shortly. Go ahead, take a seat."

KerfuffleMach2
2012-04-12, 11:22 PM
Krystal will turn to look for Gamma Girl. Whether she sees the hero or not, she'll give a short nod.

'Kay. Thanks.

And then she'll take a seat and crack open a pop.

celtois
2012-04-13, 08:39 AM
It took her a little bit to get to the location listed on that bloody scrap of paper. Partially because she walked by the abandoned warehouse twice before noticing it fit the address.

Oh look Lass an abandoned warehouse, the traditional resting place for the criminal elements of the city. Typically anyways. Best be on your guard. It could have been an ambush, an attempt to knock off the most dangerous hero in the nexus.

Still...it is polite to knock.
So with one hand at a fist by her side, lightning crackling around it, she raise her other fist, to knock lightly on the door. (Of course, with super strength her lightly comes off loud enough.) All the while on alert for danger, and ready to move out of the way, in case a blast of energy comes through the door.

Mindfreak
2012-04-13, 08:46 AM
Lightning Lass will feel a warm rush of air as Gamma Girl slyly tries to move a portal around her to teleport her into the warehouse in the same room as Krystal. Which still has the before-mentioned refreshments.

If this works, then Lightning Lass will hear Gamma Girl whispering into her ear(while she's not next to her, thanks to portals).
"I knew you had it in you, Lightning Lass." she whispered, her voice tinged with appreciation.

celtois
2012-04-13, 08:55 AM
Lass you're being teleported some place. It's a trap!!!

It is rather hard to escape a portal. She noticed it too late, the change in air, all of the signs were there, but she notice in time to escape.

So she will wind up in Justice Tower, with both fists raised, and wreathed in lightning. She immediately attempts to dives away from the location she has been dropped, assuming if there is a trap, that is the area they will be prepared for her. If she succeeds she lands in a fighting position.

"Of course I have it in me. I am already Inside's superhero, the bane of common, and uncommon criminals where-ever they are. The question now, is which are you, hero, or villain."

KerfuffleMach2
2012-04-13, 09:02 AM
Krystal looks up at the source of the new commotion. She sees Lightning Lass looking ready for a fight.

She'll wave and call out to her. Hey! Lightning Lass! Been a while. How are you?

Lightning Lass may remember the one time her and Krystal worked together against a group trying to rob a business in Inside.

Eadin
2012-04-13, 10:07 AM
And so Peter find himself in front of the warehouse.
Wondering why the hell he was here. This is obviously a trap. Sigh.

He closes his eyes, using his powers to change his appearance.
Brown hair becomes blonde and an inch or so shorter, perfectly styled.
Eyes go blue, skin gaining some colour. No longer so skinny, he still wears his black sweater and jeans. Too lazy to change that.
The change is just to be sure, in case it's a trap. That the girl knew who he is was bad enough, better keep his identity secret for a bit.

He knocks, ready to use his powers to flee if needed.

Mindfreak
2012-04-13, 10:11 AM
Peter will find that the door is opened by a slightly feminine looking 17 year old, blonde boy with his hair done back in a pony tail who's also wearing thick glasses.
"Please come in! I'm sure everyone's dying to meet you!"
Man...even his voice is sounds kind of like a girl's.

Ashen Lilies
2012-04-13, 10:19 AM
So. An abandoned warehouse. Funny how many of these things exist. I'm starting to suspect Arachnos Remnant just builds these and then never uses them.

Mr. Marble, clad not in his pedestrian clothes, but in his superhero outfit of... superheroism(!) approaches somewhat apprehensively. He still thinks it's wacky, but he might as well check things out, and he could always leave later.

Eadin
2012-04-13, 10:36 AM
Maybe he is a she?
Peter doesn't seem to care much and is more worried about why they recognised him even when he's disguised. He doesn't like this, but steps in anyway.

Oh, there are other people. He gives them sort of handwave and makes a beeline for the soda and cheese.

Mindfreak
2012-04-13, 10:49 AM
Well of course he's a she.:smalltongue:
It's how Gamma Girl hides her identity.

As Peter makes a beeline for the refreshments, Gamma girl disappears.

Only to reappear next to David, this time wearing her normal costume.
"So I see you decided to come...I'm glad."

KerfuffleMach2
2012-04-13, 11:07 AM
Krystal gives a smile and wave to Peter as he walks over.

Hello. Name's Krystal. She'll hold out her hand to shake.

Peter might notice a few odd things about Krystal's appearance. Her eyes are pure white, lacking even a pupil. Her hair looks like strands of fiber optic cables, and reflect the light quite well. If he does shake her hand, he'll probably notice a lot of scars on her knuckles and wrist.

Eadin
2012-04-13, 11:25 AM
He'll still want to know how she can see through his powers.

Oh look. Someone's talking to him. Be nice, Peter.
Oh god, now they want to shake his hand. Deep breaths, you can do it.

He'll shake her hand quite quickly, krystal might find his hand feel a lot more bony than it looks.
He'll take her in for a moment before grabbing a soda. "Morpheus."

KerfuffleMach2
2012-04-13, 11:39 AM
So, I take it you got recruited too? Krystal seems to be a little excited over all of this.

Eadin
2012-04-13, 11:45 AM
Stop looking scowling, Peter. It doesn't fit the handsome, confident guy disguise you're wearing at the moment.

"Myeah, but I'm just seeing how things go before I decide anything.."
Why are people so excited about all of this? All the buzz makes Peter feel slightly annoyed.

Ashen Lilies
2012-04-13, 12:08 PM
Well of course he's a she.:smalltongue:
It's how Gamma Girl hides her identity.

As Peter makes a beeline for the refreshments, Gamma girl disappears.

Only to reappear next to David, this time wearing her normal costume.
"So I see you decided to come...I'm glad."

"I just wanted to see. I haven't decided on anything yet."

Mindfreak
2012-04-13, 12:12 PM
"I just wanted to see. I haven't decided on anything yet."
She smiled.
"Of course."
She begins to walk towards the door.
"So if you just came to "see", perhaps you'd like to meet the others before you decide?"

celtois
2012-04-13, 01:18 PM
Krystal looks up at the source of the new commotion. She sees Lightning Lass looking ready for a fight.

She'll wave and call out to her. Hey! Lightning Lass! Been a while. How are you?

Lightning Lass may remember the one time her and Krystal worked together against a group trying to rob a business in Inside.

Surprisingly both Lass, and her player remember Krystal...Lass even remembers the circumstance. (Though her player didn't :small tongue:)

Look Lass, another hero...good sign or bad? Well you won't know yet. Whoever the mysterious note dropper was seems to have decided to ignore you. Best play friendly....
just. Don't let your guard down.

"Hey Krystal, I see she managed to jump you too. Seem a lot like a trap wouldn't you say?" Lightning Lass makes a point of ignoring the food. I mean they could still gas the chamber, but poison food would be a pretty easy method. "I've been better, but then again, inside has also seen better times."

Lass doesn't really move any closer to anyone else... and while she is no longer in a direct combat posture, and her fists are no longer crackling, they are still fists.

OrchestraHc
2012-04-13, 01:52 PM
Warehouse

Into the scene flies Young Star. Now dressed in his actual costume (white body suit, big blue chest star, red gloves and boots) rather than hastily putting on a mask with his still appropriately colored street clothes, he feels a bit more heroic. There's no real caution as he enters, no wariness. He's fairl certain he can punch his way out of any problems that arise. And if that fails, he can punch creatively.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-04-13, 02:31 PM
Stop looking scowling, Peter. It doesn't fit the handsome, confident guy disguise you're wearing at the moment.

"Myeah, but I'm just seeing how things go before I decide anything.."
Why are people so excited about all of this? All the buzz makes Peter feel slightly annoyed.

Krystal nods a little. Yeah, that makes sense. I'm kinda looking forward to it, though.

Surprisingly both Lass, and her player remember Krystal...Lass even remembers the circumstance. (Though her player didn't :small tongue:)

Look Lass, another hero...good sign or bad? Well you won't know yet. Whoever the mysterious note dropper was seems to have decided to ignore you. Best play friendly....
just. Don't let your guard down.

"Hey Krystal, I see she managed to jump you too. Seem a lot like a trap wouldn't you say?" Lightning Lass makes a point of ignoring the food. I mean they could still gas the chamber, but poison food would be a pretty easy method. "I've been better, but then again, inside has also seen better times."

Lass doesn't really move any closer to anyone else... and while she is no longer in a direct combat posture, and her fists are no longer crackling, they are still fists.

Krystal shrugs a little. I guess it could be. But, I really doubt it. I mean, why gather all of us here?

Eadin
2012-04-13, 03:07 PM
Oh look, even more people.
So where's gamma person?

"Hm, we'll see. Depends on the rest of the gang."

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-13, 08:12 PM
[Warehouse]

And, slightly late to the party (though he was also the last one to be recruited, so...), Keeper arrives at the door, still in standard superohero clothing, which, in his case, is dark red with extraordinarily complex glowing blue patterns covering it.

Rather than knocking, he lightly flicks a finger from a distance, (probably) causing the door to vibrate intensely, making it sound as though someone knocked on it. He still doesn't entirely trust Gamma Girl not to be waiting to shoot him, or something of that sort.

Ashen Lilies
2012-04-13, 08:23 PM
She smiled.
"Of course."
She begins to walk towards the door.
"So if you just came to "see", perhaps you'd like to meet the others before you decide?"

"Alright..."
Mr. Marble enters hesitantly, stooping to fit under the doorframe.

Mindfreak
2012-04-13, 08:29 PM
Gamma Girl walks by Keeper with David.
"Please come in. You should mingle with the others."
She opens the door and will lead them all in and then...disappear.
Only to re-appear in the middle of everyone.
"Hello fellow Superheroes! As many of you know, you're here because I've been watching you to make sure that you were perfect for the group I was making."
"A group to help defeat the newest menaces to us superheroes...a team of supervillains that have banded together to do nefarious deeds unknown to even me."
"You've all been selected due to the special skills you'd bring to the team, to...The Justice Crew."
"And if you will join me...we will be able to put our skills to the greatest use they can have. For the use of protecting the good people of Inside and Outside."

KerfuffleMach2
2012-04-13, 08:43 PM
Oh look, even more people.
So where's gamma person?

"Hm, we'll see. Depends on the rest of the gang."

Krystal nods in agreement. Then she turns her attention to Gamma Girl's speech and sips her pop quietly.

"Hello fellow Superheroes! As many of you know, you're here because I've been watching you to make sure that you were perfect for the group I was making."
"A group to help defeat the newest menaces to us superheroes...a team of supervillains that have banded together to do nefarious deeds unknown to even me."
"You've all been selected due to the special skills you'd bring to the team, to...The Justice Crew."
"And if you will join me...we will be able to put our skills to the greatest use they can have. For the use of protecting the good people of Inside and Outside."

Shoot! I need to make a costume.

Krystal nods in agreement. Count me in. Krystal Jones. My codename is Crystalline.

OrchestraHc
2012-04-13, 09:17 PM

"See, now this is what I'm here for! Details, sister!" Young star sticks to the back of the pack but floats up for a good view.

celtois
2012-04-13, 09:34 PM
"To kill us all." Lightning Lass replys quietly to Krystal's query.

I mean you can never be too careful. It's definitely the best way to be thinking Lightning Lass. When you're a hero everyone on team evil is like RAWRRR!

Oh look Lass, a speech, handy. Is she answering many questions? Lets see, group of superheroes to combat a group of super villains.

Less enthusiastic then she once was. Perhaps more cynical, however that may be the villain who managed to take up room in the corner of her head. Lightning Lass is also among the voices that chime up, only, she isn't so enthusiastic. "Do you have any evidence of this, for the sake of ease, Injustice-crew. Or to voice a concern I'm sure is common to many of you, what guarantee this isn't just an elaborate set up."

Turn her at a villain and she's pretty spunky and enthusiastic. Put her in a room full of heroes and she clams up...oh Lass you're such an enigma.

Mindfreak
2012-04-13, 09:48 PM
Gamma Girl just laughs.
"Then explain to me the purpose of me gathering all of you together when, if I wished to have done you harm, I had ample time to when you all were alone, rather than together?"
"And as for details...how about this?"
"Specifically, I have no idea what they wish to do as a collective, but what I do know is that when a group of SuperVillains come together, it can't be good. I'm sure we all know the organization of evil that formed long ago...does AMEN ring any bells? Here we have a chance to prevent another "AMEN" so to speak from growing larger than it already is. To keep it under control. And if you're not up for that, for helping the Nexus be more safe for those who don't have the power to stop it, then clearly I've misjudged you."

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-13, 09:50 PM
"A good question," Keeper says, nodding, and lifting the black, iron-framed, mirror from his hip, which, after a moment, starts to clear, letting him see behind himself... Though, really, at that angle, he should only be able to see the ceiling. "I'm sure most of have made enemies at one time or another... Though since I've never seen any of you before, I suppose it's less likely than it could be. I'd think I'd have run into at least one if you if we all have a common enemy."

KerfuffleMach2
2012-04-13, 09:56 PM
Krystal folds her arms over her chest as she hears the protests. She could see where they were coming from, but she didn't agree with them.

celtois
2012-04-13, 10:06 PM
Lighting Lass scowls, she's rather irritated by Gamma's attitude and it shows, in the form of little mini arcs of lighting crackling across her skin. "Misjudged would be the wrong word, I have done more for the people of the nexus then you ever have. I am here to discover why it is you decided to contact me, and figure out what it is in the interest of those I protect."

You tell her Lassie, don't back down.

"I asked for proof of a super villain collective, not for you to repeat what you already said. Also a trap doesn't just mean harm, you've gathered us all here, meaning we aren't on the streets stopping crime, maybe you have something nefarious planned and need us out of the picture. What I want is evidence, we can't afford to just take you at your word."

With that Lightning Lass, having made her point leans back against the wall. Let the rest of these....heroes think about it for a bit, they could be as eager as they wanted, hell, if there was another AMEN rising she was eager to stop them. But she required more evidence then the word of some, sketchy, supposed-hero.

OrchestraHc
2012-04-13, 10:25 PM
Wow. Mood spoiler. "She's... Kinda right. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt." he floats over to Gamma girl. "Do you have a first mission? Something to really prove this."

Ashen Lilies
2012-04-13, 10:50 PM
Mister Marble, for the most part, hangs in the background, head spinning from the flip flop of opinions spinning around.
First Lightning Lass had a good point. Then Gamma Girl had a good point. Then Keeper had a good point. Then Krystal had a good point (though Mister Marble isn't quite sure how it tied into anything). Then Lightning Lass had a better point. He can't keep up! All he knows how to do is look pretty and punch things. :smallfrown:

Eadin
2012-04-14, 04:39 AM
Peter mostly sits and listens, drinking a soda and smoking a sigarrete.
Looks like a few people are arguing and he has to admit, he feels this is a sort of trap or useless too.
Also, he realises he's one of the only people without a suit.
"No way I'm wearing spandex," he mumbles.

Mindfreak
2012-04-14, 05:34 PM
Suddenly, a siren goes off in Gamma Girl's costume, and she removes it, eyes going wide with fear.
"You want proof? Fine, here is your proof..."
Summoning up a portal to show the scene at the zoo, she shows the following scene to them through the portal.

Nexus Zoo

It's a nice morning here at Nexus Zoo. The sun is just poking out of the clouds after a short rain and the entire zoo smells fresh. In the small mammals building a group of school children are partway through their tour. "Teacher teacher what's that one?" a child asks*
"Well that's a death weasel." the teacher replies*
"No not that one, THAT one!"
"Well I'm not quite sure what that is Jimmy, it looks like a tiny dinosaur with a hat on...."

Suddenly the little dinosaur(Jurassico) pulls out a netgun and captures the three death weasels, letting the nets get quickly drawn into his hat. Jurassico pulls a white glove as big as he is out of his hat and throws it onto the triple-thick safety glass. In a few seconds the glove explodes, taking a big circle of the glass with it. Jurassico flies through the hole riding a magicians's wand. Hellooo everyone! It is I! Jurassico! For my first trick see that I have no sleeves....now watch as I pull...... A rabbit out of my hat! he pulls out six rabbits about as big as he is who scamper over to various exhibits and explode, releasing their contents.*

This is when Jurassico starts netting the animals up and when the heroes should swoop in to save the day. Quick! Before he gets to the apocalypse kittens!
Closing that portal, she opens another at the outside of the park.
"Now unless you want to keep doubting me, we have a villain to stop. His name's Jurassico, and he's part of those I told you about."

Eadin
2012-04-14, 05:59 PM
"You need us for a tiny dinosaur? Honestly, one well aimed kick and he's KO. Don't need a whole team for that."
Peter's still not a believer. And still smoking. Bad Peter.

OrchestraHc
2012-04-14, 06:00 PM
"Suh-weet! So we stop the tiny T-Rex from collecting animals? I am in!" With a twirl and whoosh, he'll fly through the portal.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-04-14, 08:23 PM
"You need us for a tiny dinosaur? Honestly, one well aimed kick and he's KO. Don't need a whole team for that."
Peter's still not a believer. And still smoking. Bad Peter.

Krystal steps towards the portal. Well, there's always the chance that his buddies could show up. And I, for one, don't want to stand by as a guy goes capturing animals like that. Not the most heroic action out there, but it's still the right thing to do.

And then she will step through the portal.

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-14, 08:38 PM
Keeper shrugs, heading through the portal as well. Though he wishes that he'd had time to explain that he'll need to link with someone to use his powers to their full extent...

Ashen Lilies
2012-04-14, 11:03 PM
Mister Marble looks doubtfully on. His entire powerset consists of punching things, and punching things really hard, both of which seem like they'd be little help against a 3-inch tall tyrannosaur.
He sighs and walks through the portal.

Eadin
2012-04-15, 05:52 AM
Looks like everyone's going.
Peter sighs and gets up.
"Alright, let's give this a try."
And he too steps through the portal.

celtois
2012-04-16, 09:17 AM
There you go Lass, that is more like it. Sure it's a bit like a distraction from the real issues at hand, but if this villain really is part of this 'injustice league' this would be all the proof you need!

"No time to waste sitting around here then!" Lass exclaims, as lighting crackles all around her, and she runs for the portal to the park. "We can worry about everything else once this pest has been zapped!"

Okay so maybe she's exaggerating a touch, but really, truly, dealing with the villain is to her a much larger concern than some complicated trap-or not question. Though this villain could also be a set up....there were more important things to worry about then that.

Mindfreak
2012-04-22, 08:59 AM
The Excercise Room
The Excercise Room. A.K.A. The Training Room.
Filled with workout equipment made to test people to their fullest, along with a long tunnel filled with various targets to train different powers in, it's truly a great place for a superhero to stay in tip top shape.

And it's where Gamma Girl opens her portal.
And where she drops down into.
"Welcome to Justice Tower! Right here is the Excercise Room!"

KerfuffleMach2
2012-04-22, 09:12 AM
Training Room

When Krystal steps out of the portal, she looks around with awe. This was just wonderful to her.

Wow...how long did it take to build this?

Mindfreak
2012-04-22, 09:28 AM
Excercise Room
She laughed.
"I don't know, I didn't build it. I cam across it at one point and heard they were going to demolish it, so I hid it with portals. Then later I purchased it and fixed it up. All this equipment was here already, strangely enough. I think they used to use this as the base of a first response unit of some sort..."

Eadin
2012-04-22, 09:33 AM
Excercise room

And so Peter ends up with the rest in the training room.

'' Impressive. Looks like you're well prepared for this sort of thing....''

Must have cost a bunch of money though. Wonder where she got that at such a young age. He wants to ask, but stops. It's rude. Maybe later.
"So how did you get the money to buy this thing anyway?"

Mindfreak
2012-04-22, 02:19 PM
Excercise Room
Gamma Girl's expression becomes a bit...melancholy.
"My mom and dad were murdered by some kingpin...he was an inventor so he left behind a large inheritance..."

OrchestraHc
2012-04-22, 02:27 PM
Young Star has entered in time to hear the backstory snippet. "I'm sorry to hear that. Is that how you're powers came about?"

Mindfreak
2012-04-22, 03:15 PM
Excercise Room
She looks even sadder.
"That's a story for a different time..."
"Now, does anyone want to volunteer to show off their powers and spare the unfortunate soul who comes through that portal last?"

KerfuffleMach2
2012-04-22, 04:41 PM
Exercise Room

Krystal practically jumps as she raises her hand.

Oh, oh! Me! I want to!

Eadin
2012-04-22, 04:47 PM
Exercise room

Well Peter, looks like you've hit a sore spot.
And then Krystal wants to show and tell!
Peter shrugs, "Go ahead, you've already seen mine anyway."

celtois
2012-04-23, 02:28 PM
Exercise room

Miraculously, despite her player's ineptness, Lass isn't the last one through the portal. Shortly after some of the others yes, but not last.

She takes in the surroundings, while nodding a smile on her face, she seems to be impressed.

"So, this is your place; nice." She remarks before leaning against a wall to watch as the others show off.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-04-23, 03:44 PM
Exercise Room

Unless anybody else objects, Krystal will get right into it. She starts by strolling towards the practice targets while talking.

First, let me explain what I am. I am what's known as a mutant. My DNA is really close to that of a normal human. But, it's not the same. When mutants hit puberty, their powers usually manifest. Some also have changes to their appearance. Like my hair and eyes.

Now, for my powers themselves. I kinda have two. The secondary one is a healing factor. It's not perfect, hence the scars on my joints. But, it gets the job done.

My main thing is that my bones have turned into a diamond-like material. It's carbon-based, but apparently the structure isn't quite the same. At least, that's what Runner told me.

Anyways, I can make them double in length on command. Krystal brings her right hand in front of her and makes a fist. A clear crystal slides out of each knuckle at the base of her fingers. And I can shrink them again, when I want. When I try to make them grow any longer, they break off in the middle first. She retractable all but one. She grabs that one and gives a gentle tug. It slides right out of her hand, nice and clean. Thus giving me a diamond-like spike. Which sticks into almost anything. With the flick of a wrist, she throws the spike at a target, where it gets embedded.

So, there you have it. I can heal myself and make crystal spikes of various sizes. I could, in theory, do that with my skull. I think. But I really don't wanna try that.

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-23, 03:56 PM
[Exercise Room]

Keeper, after shrugging off rather a lot of deadtime back in Inside, steps through the portal right after Lass, just in time to hear Krystal's explanation, and see her toss the crystal into the target. Which, while he does listen to some extent, finding the mechanism interesting, he doesn't pay that much attention to, having seen - and, for that matter, since they were sharing headspace at the time, felt - her use them.

Mindfreak
2012-04-23, 04:03 PM
Exercise Room
Gamma Girl nods in appreciation.
"So Keeper, would you like to go next and show off your skills on the target?" she asked as the bullfrog target Kystal just used is replaced by a scale human model(like those used for art, but bigger).

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-23, 04:13 PM
[Exercise Room]

He shrugs, stepping forward.

"Sure. Krystal, do you mind linking with me again? I'll need someone to show everything I can do, and since you worked quite well last time, and are already used to how it feels..."

Eadin
2012-04-23, 04:38 PM
excercise room

Peter flinches as Krystal pulls those sharp looing crystals out of her hand
''But, doesn't that hurt? Or does your healing factor cancel that out?''

celtois
2012-04-23, 04:48 PM
Lass isn't listening particularly closely while Krystal is demonstrating. The two of them had worked together before after all.

Her attention seems to become radically more focused once it is Keeper's turn.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-04-23, 04:58 PM
Krystal shakes her head a little to Peter. Not really. At least, not in the areas I do it the most in. Knuckles, wrists, elbows. Almost ten years of doing it has kinda dulled the pain.

She nods to Keeper. Sure. She'll go to grab his hand. He should pick up on her excitement.

OrchestraHc
2012-04-23, 07:57 PM
Young Star claps lightly as Krystal uses her powers. It's only polite. "Do the crystals have any other special properties? Do they expend anything in you? Calories, carbon, blood?" Curiosity!

KerfuffleMach2
2012-04-23, 08:07 PM
Young Star claps lightly as Krystal uses her powers. It's only polite. "Do the crystals have any other special properties? Do they expend anything in you? Calories, carbon, blood?" Curiosity!

Krystal shrugs. I don't seem to lose anything from using them. As for properties, I've learned they can absorb some kinds of energy.

Ashen Lilies
2012-04-23, 08:52 PM
Mister Marble watches from the background, visibly impressed.
It just serves to further convince him that there's nothing he can really add to the team. >.>

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-24, 05:01 PM
Krystal shakes her head a little to Peter. Not really. At least, not in the areas I do it the most in. Knuckles, wrists, elbows. Almost ten years of doing it has kinda dulled the pain.

She nods to Keeper. Sure. She'll go to grab his hand. He should pick up on her excitement.

He can indeed sense her excitement, and she probably picks up on his, too.

In any case, after a moment to adjust to the link, he lashes out mentally at the target, burning a neat hole through its left eye, or at least where its left eye would have been if it had such things, and leaving a thin layer of crystal in the hole.

Eadin
2012-04-24, 05:58 PM
[Excercise Room]

Peter seems impressed, though a little confused.
"So... You get the same powers as the person you're touching? Is that right?"

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-24, 07:18 PM
[Excercise Room]

"Not exactly. That's close, but it's more that I have a set of powers that are latent until I link with someone, and then whatever abilities they have, and their outlook, influence the form that they take," Keeper explains, shrugging. "For example, Krystal can't make a wall with her abilities, or throw crystals to someplace she can't see directly, but the nature of her crystals does reinforce whatever barrier I make, and the fire I can use leaves a residue. The effects will get somewhat more pronounced the more times we link, as well as the longer we do so for, and if we ever get to the point where we can link from a distance the influence will markedly increase from whatever it was before."

Mindfreak
2012-04-25, 08:51 PM
Exercise Room
The man figure Keeper just attacked disappears into a portal and is replaced by one of those punching men you see for boxing. Those that are just the torso made of plastic and filled with stuff and are actually quite rugged and weigh around 300 pounds.
"Alright...Mister Marble? You're up next. Show us your stuff.":smallwink:

Ashen Lilies
2012-04-25, 11:22 PM
"What stuff?" He says.
I mean... it's not exactly as if he has anything to show. He's... made of stone. That's pretty much the extent of the ability. It's kind of obvious just from looking at him, he doesn't know exactly how he's going to 'show it off'.

OrchestraHc
2012-04-26, 05:08 AM
"Punch 'em," Marble might hear Young Star whispers from behind. "Lift 'em. Ask me to throw them at you. Something simple." No reason to overcomplicate things

Mindfreak
2012-04-26, 05:25 AM
Exercise Room
"I want you to show everyone the abilities you have. Like your stone skin or your fists. Which is why I brought in that boxing dummy."
True story.

Ashen Lilies
2012-04-26, 05:46 AM
"Everyone can already see that I have stone skin." Complains Mister Marble briefly. Unless, you know, they're like, blind or something.
Feeling that pointing out what should be glaringly obvious isn't going to cut it with this crowd, he sighs and walks to the nearest dummy. And punches it (slightly half-heartedly) in the face. It's an acceptably mediocre punch. It's clear that, one, Mister Marble has never taken a boxing lesson in his life, and two, he's strong, but he's not that strong. The punch should be enough to floor any average human. It shouldn't be enough to send them flying 80 feet across the room and through 3 separate concrete walls.

Mindfreak
2012-04-26, 05:51 AM
Exercise Room
Gamma Girl sighed. David was being more difficult with this than she thought.
"Mister Marble, please don't do things half-hearted. Otherwise we can't see your full potential."

Ashen Lilies
2012-04-26, 06:06 AM
Mister Marble frowns, and throws a stronger punch. If not for his padded gloves, anybody on the receiving end of that would be leaking brain fluids. Even with the gloves, they'd probably be suffering a serious case of broken neck, on top of major concussions.

That's why he likes to pull his punches.

Eadin
2012-04-26, 06:07 AM
Excercise Room
Peter is still just watching people, making mental notes
Looks like marble guy needs some...motivation.
'' Would you rather have a 'real' target?''

Mindfreak
2012-04-26, 04:46 PM
Exercise Room
The boxing target falls over, a dent in its ugly face.
"I suggest you do so Peter, it'll let you show off your power as well.":smallwink:

Eadin
2012-04-26, 05:58 PM
Exercise Room

Peter nods to Gamma Girl, making a bit of a face at the wink.
He'll close his eyes to concentrate, telling Mr Marble:"You might feel something 'poking' around in your head. That's just me." He grins.
A shadowy blob will appear in front of Mr Marble, while he might feel something creep up in the back of his head, unless he has some sort of defence or some other way to prevent mind reading. If it succeeds, he'll feel it poking around, looking for his emotions. Mostly fears though.

Ashen Lilies
2012-04-26, 08:45 PM
Not so much mental defenses, rather the fact that Mister Marble doesn't appear to have a mind to read, may be causing Peter problems. The dude's a statue. :smalltongue:

Eadin
2012-04-27, 04:50 AM
Well, Mister Marble obviously has feelings and thoughs, thus some sort of conciousness.
Peter's power looks for thoughts associated with emotions, not specific thoughts at that time or memories. So it's more emotion reading.

Ashen Lilies
2012-04-27, 09:25 PM
True. but his conciousness... is not as we know it. *DRAMATIC CHORD*

More seriously though, I've decided that he's basically an intelligent construct, and is therefore immune to all psionic/telepathic/mind affecting/mind reading effects, techniques and suchlike, and for that to be fair it has to apply to the beneficial ones as well as the harmful ones. Peter can't get a look.

Eadin
2012-04-28, 05:49 AM
Exercise Room
Peter opens his eyes again, frowning.
Guess that didn't work.
"Guess I'll have to show just part of my power, since the emotion-reading bt didn't work."He shrugs. "Any volunteers for that, later?"
While he asks, the shadow takes some sort of dragon-like shape and heads for Mister Marble. Can at least show that off.

Ashen Lilies
2012-04-28, 09:52 AM
Meep. Dragon. Mister Marble dodges out of the way!

Eadin
2012-04-28, 10:33 AM
[Excercise Room]

"No volunteers? I can do good stuff too, not just monsters."Peter says as the dragon roars, breathing out hot blue flames in Mr. Marbles direction. Whoooo, instant sauna! "But I gotta admit, I prefer the monsters." He ads with a grin as he makes a comfy chair appear behind him and sits down.

OrchestraHc
2012-04-28, 10:47 AM
"I'll volunteer. Then I'll go next." Young Star says floating forward. "Also, isn't dragon fire a bit much for a demo?"

Eadin
2012-04-28, 11:36 AM
Peter grins at Young Star."It's not real. No worries."
He makes the dragon set a dummy on fire. It roars a bit, then vanishes. So do the flames, and the dummy's fine."It looks and feels real, but as soon as I drop the illusion it's like it never happened."
He closes his eyes again, trying to poke around into Star's mind. This time looking for something his colleague really likes.

OrchestraHc
2012-04-28, 12:40 PM
What he really likes is a vague thing to ask. A food(strawberry ice cream), a memory(his first flight), a sport(boxing), or many other things.

Eadin
2012-04-28, 01:18 PM
Yound star will find a beautiful glass bowl filled with strawberry icecream and lots of silver spoons in front of him, presented on nice white table, chair and all.
"Try it. It won't kill you, I promise."
Need to work on your jokes, Pete.

OrchestraHc
2012-04-28, 11:04 PM
"I'll hold you to it," Young Star says, sitting at the table. He takes a nice silver spoon and takes a bite of the ice cream.

Eadin
2012-04-30, 10:15 AM
The icecream will be exactly the way Young Star likes it: perfect texture, temperature, taste, anything.
Peter leans back against the wall, making room for the next person.
"And no calories too!" He grins, and the icecream dissapears.

OrchestraHc
2012-04-30, 09:23 PM
Young Star only got a single bite before it was taken away. "Well, I guess that makes it my turn." He says standing up, then floating. "I'm Young Star, if I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm sort of like Krystal, but we're called meta-humans, sometimes supers, where I'm from." He begins flying around the room. "As you can see, I can fly." He turns this way, that way, and for a piece de resistance he turns upside down, with his feet touching the ceiling. "It took me ages, but I have pretty much perfect control over it." He turns back over and floats down like a cloud. "Head rush..." he mumbles to himself.

"Alright. My other power is my Superstrength. I have pretty good control over that too. I trained with a street level hero named Dober-Man, he taught me boxing." Star takes his stance in front of the punching dummy and starts punching it rythmically. The sound the punches make gets progressively louder and louder. With a powerful punch the dummy slides back a few inches. He steps forward and punches it again, this time moving it at least a foot. Again, a few feet. Finally an uppercut, sending it Young Star's own height in the air.

He takes a few breaths. "Questions?" he asks.

celtois
2012-05-05, 01:19 AM
A slight grin on her face Lighting Lass finally... FINALLY stops leaning against the wall. And engages with her fellow supers.

"Just one question. How's your dodging?" With a flick of her hand she send a super weak bolt of lighting flying at Star. It's about the power of a strong static shock. Not liable to hurt anyone. But still, a fast and accurate projectile.

Best to see how they hold up under actual fire eh lass. When there is nothing at stake.

Mindfreak
2012-05-05, 06:39 AM
Exercise Room
Gamma Girl will wait till everyone's done with questions.
She was kinda excited to finally, properly show off her own powers.

OrchestraHc
2012-05-05, 12:14 PM
Young Star ducks out of the way. When he rises he's rather upset. "What was that about?! Last I checked, we asked permission before demonstrating on one another."

KerfuffleMach2
2012-05-05, 09:32 PM
Young Star ducks out of the way. When he rises he's rather upset. "What was that about?! Last I checked, we asked permission before demonstrating on one another."

Krystal steps forward. Hey, calm down. I don't think she meant anything by it. Sure, maybe she should have asked. But, it seemed like a light bolt. And, it isn't as good if you know it's coming, right?

Mindfreak
2012-05-06, 01:28 PM
Exercise Room
"Personally, I don't think she should have done it. But on the brightside, we've seen Lightning Lass' powers as well now."
"So unless you're waiting for more questions, Star, does anyone mind if I go and show my powers now?":smallamused:

Ashen Lilies
2012-05-06, 10:02 PM
"Nope." Says Mister Marble agreeably, but secretly thinking that Gamma Girl seems to be too proud of them by half.

OrchestraHc
2012-05-08, 03:22 PM
"Yeah, fine." Young Star says, floating away from center stage, still a bit miffed. "Havent we all seen your power already? With the portals?"

Mindfreak
2012-05-08, 05:08 PM
Exercise Room
She laughed.
"Well...true..."
"I'll just show you guys the rooms you may live in while you'r here then! There's so much room, all of you can have your own room!" ^_^

KerfuffleMach2
2012-05-08, 09:50 PM
Exercise Room

Krystal gives a fist pump. Yes!

Then she gives a slightly nervous look to the others. Uh...not that sharing a room with anybody here would be a bad thing...heh...

Ashen Lilies
2012-05-10, 12:50 AM
[Exercise Room]

Mister Marble shrugs in a non-commital manner. He doesn't mind sharing a room. Or rooming alone. Or having a room at all, for that manner. He doesn't sleep, after all, so all he really needs is a place to put his stuff. And he had one of those already. Though another one is good too. Meh.

OrchestraHc
2012-05-10, 01:06 AM
"Umm, I live with my parents..." Young Star admits awkwardly. "I can hang out during the off hours, maybe even stay the night once in a while, they're cool with the whole superhero thing, but straight up moving out isn't in the cards."

Eadin
2012-05-10, 05:42 AM
"Alright, sounds good," Peter nods to GG. He always preferred a bit of privacy.
Everyone needs a little 'me'-time every now and then.

Lady Serpentine
2012-05-10, 08:23 AM
Keeper simply shrugs, not really caring about whether or not he has to share a room, and waits for her to show them where the rooms are.

celtois
2012-05-13, 11:35 PM
(Sorry guys and gals this is the first chance I've had to get on since my last message. )

Lighting lass simply rolls her eyes at Young Star's complaint. Anyone who couldn't tell the difference between a lightning bolt proper and something which would barely scratch a flea, was likely to lose a battle of wits with that same flea.

Truly living here was....at the very least convenient, for the present. She couldn't stay too long of course, lest the league find her. But she could stay and it was about time to leave her current haunt anyways.

So she smiles. "Thanks." Simple. She really didn't need to say more about the rooms. A thank you was enough.

Mindfreak
2012-05-14, 04:55 AM
Rooms!
Gamma Girl gestures to a bunch of doors, all of which are large rooms with a bed and closet.
"These are your rooms!"
"Oh, and I know not all of you need a place to stay, so think of your room here as more of a safe haven."
"Oh! And before all of you go off into your rooms and then start practicing with each other, here are your communicators. They'll allow you to communicate with each other."
She reaches into a portal and brings out a box of communicators, expecting them to each take one.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-05-14, 08:33 PM
Krystal takes a communicator and examines it a moment before shoving it into her jacket pocket.

Then, unless stopped, she'll head to her room!

Lady Serpentine
2012-05-14, 08:39 PM
"You know, it might just be me, but I think that was rather obvious from the name...", Keeper points out, taking one of the communicators.

And, with that, unless he's stopped, he'll head into the nearest room, unless they were assigned to specific ones.

OrchestraHc
2012-05-15, 08:54 PM
"Communicators. Nice!" He floats over and takes one. He tries to flick through the features, to see what he has. Neato communicators. If they're even as good as police radios, he can do something with them. "So Mister Marble, have you ever given consideration to martial arts?" He could see a clear lack of training in the punches from earlier.

Ashen Lilies
2012-05-16, 08:25 AM
Mister Marble takes a communicator and clips it on to his belt. Moar stuffs!
He looks at Young Star as he's addressed by the other superhero.
"Ummm... not really..." >.>
Usually getting smacked in the face by solid rock is enough.

Eadin
2012-05-16, 09:11 AM
Peter will nod and examine the device for a while. If not stopped, he'll head to his own room.

OrchestraHc
2012-05-18, 02:21 AM
Mister Marble takes a communicator and clips it on to his belt. Moar stuffs!
He looks at Young Star as he's addressed by the other superhero.
"Ummm... not really..." >.>
Usually getting smacked in the face by solid rock is enough.

"Really? Half the power in a punch is doing it right," Young Star answers. "Knowing how your muscles, or... equivalents, work can do incredible things. Have you ever seen a one inch punch?"

Ashen Lilies
2012-05-18, 09:44 AM
"Um... no."
Says Mister Marble, but sounding genuinely interested. Increasing power of punches sounds pretty cool!

OrchestraHc
2012-05-20, 08:24 PM
"A guy holds his hand like this, with his finger tips on the target." Young Star says, and holds sideways in mid-air. "Then he punches and uses his body, and it's just as strong as a real punch. He demonstrates the punch on the air. Take that AIR! "Not much use in a real fight but it's pretty perfect example of knowing how your body works. But yeah, Martial artists can break bricks. So imagine what superpowered martial artists can do."

Ashen Lilies
2012-05-28, 09:06 AM
Mister Marble uses his imagination. Unfortunately, instead of a brick, Mister Marble ends up imagining a person. Well, sort of. His imaginition is not so good, so he screws up some of the details. But still:
:yuk:
"Um... I've been trying to avoid that, actually." He says.

OrchestraHc
2012-05-29, 05:45 PM
"?" If there is an audible sound for a question mark, Young Star has just made it. "Avoid? What on people? Of course not on regular people. Only folks who can take it. Dragons, robots, supervillains, and not even most supervillains." Amazing how many villains are just weirdoes with fancy tech (http://mightygodking.com/images/whoswho/overthrow.jpg) and no fashion sense. (http://mightygodking.com/images/whoswho/signalman.jpg) "Besides, I know exactly how to hard to hit a normal person thanks to training. Think about it."

Mindfreak
2012-05-31, 05:21 PM
"You know, it might just be me, but I think that was rather obvious from the name...", Keeper points out, taking one of the communicators.

And, with that, unless he's stopped, he'll head into the nearest room, unless they were assigned to specific ones.
"Eh, just a double checking. Anyways, I wish to talk to you in private Keeper."
And she will follow him into his room unless stopped!

Lady Serpentine
2012-06-01, 01:31 AM
"Eh, just a double checking. Anyways, I wish to talk to you in private Keeper."
And she will follow him into his room unless stopped!

She is not stopped. Mostly because he can't really do all that much without linking to someone, and she's the only one close enough to link with.

"About?", he inquires, toying idly with the communicator.

Mindfreak
2012-06-01, 07:48 AM
She is not stopped. Mostly because he can't really do all that much without linking to someone, and she's the only one close enough to link with.

"About?", he inquires, toying idly with the communicator.

Keeper's Room "About your abilities, silly. Dispite my watching of you to see if you were right for the Justice Crew, I know little about them and how they work..."