PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] WARDEN I

iElf
2012-04-15, 01:27 PM
Warriors, Animal-lovers, and Rangers Defending Endangered Nature

WARDEN is not too far from the City of Inside ,in a most remarkable seaside cave, accessible from Land and Sea. the cavern supports a massive Forrest ,surrounded by a lake of purest sweet water. worked worked into the caves walls are several room, as to allow a group of people to live there fora while.

WARDEN's goals

Din Hylia founded WAREDN here to create a force fighting for the natural world of the Nexus. Their goals are to destroying evil corrupting Undead, and sending alien outsiders back to the far realms whence they came. But first and foremost, WARDEN wished to protect the Last Bastions of nature in the world, and changeling those who wish to destroy them.

How To Become a Member

joining up is easy if you're not undead , a necromancer, or a CEO of an industrial company.
Fill in following form, and hand it to an existing member for evaluation !

Name:
Class:
Profession:
What I hope to achieve for the World:
anything else you want to mention:

Membership list so far:

{table=head]Character|Player|Species|Notes
Din|iElf|Half-elf|Founder/Ranger
Dionydore (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13081212&postcount=50)|Earl of Purple|Satyr|Monk
Kell (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13091023&postcount=76)|happyturtle|Human|Beekeeper/Druid
Manticore (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13074952&postcount=7)|Beans|AI|AI
Sonnya (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13075196&postcount=17)|singingnoodle|Water nymph|Druid
Trium (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13075372&postcount=27)|C'nor|Augmented Immortal|Mage
[/table]

iElf
2012-04-15, 01:41 PM
Din's plot clone sits in the glade near the entrance of the WARDEN cave, lounging around , waiting for members to arrive

Beans
2012-04-15, 01:45 PM
[Entrance]
In stumbles... a strange person (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13074774&postcount=704). Her skin is unnaturally white, her hair even odder---and her one uncovered eye has a device over it.
She looks around, seemingly interested.
And seemingly a crazy homeless robot lady?

She waves to Din.
Well hiiiiiya there, pointy ears. What's this place?

iElf
2012-04-15, 01:46 PM
[Entrance]
In stumbles... a strange person (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13074774&postcount=704). Her skin is unnaturally white, her hair even odder---and her one uncovered eye has a device over it.
She looks around, seemingly interested.
And seemingly a crazy homeless robot lady?

Din gets up, looking puzzled at the Woman entering "hello? welcome to WARDEN...is there anything I can help you with at all?"

Beans
2012-04-15, 02:02 PM
Is this a place you can join?
'Cause it looks cool and I'd rather not leave if that works.
She giggles at Din.

iElf
2012-04-15, 02:11 PM
Din smiles, handing her one of the membership forms "well ok. you can fill this out, and we'll see, k?" Din will hand her a pen too!

Beans
2012-04-15, 02:18 PM
Name: XM-Cluster L-unit Manticore Just call me Manticore
Species: AI!
Class: ... AI!
Profession: Still totally an AI!
What I hope to achieve for the World: Trees are pretty nice and we need more of them. Also when frogs grow like 10 legs that's messed up and we should stop that unless they're natural 10-leg frogs and stuff because that's fine. But pollution is bad, m'kay?
anything else you want to mention: Are you wearing space pants? Because I forgot how this pickup line goes.
She hands it in, grinning wackily.

iElf
2012-04-15, 02:28 PM
She hands it in, grinning wackily.

Din look at the application, then looks at manticore, the looks back at the paper. she has a look on her face that says "what have I done?" "ok then...this...seams alright...ok...um...welcome to the team!"

Beans
2012-04-15, 02:37 PM
She leaps at her.
In that case, catch me!

iElf
2012-04-15, 02:54 PM
Din eeps, catching the girl in her arms, sagging down to her knees "gah! what are you doing? you could have hurt us both!"

Hattish Thing
2012-04-15, 02:55 PM
Glade

A young woman wanders in. She looks around at the forest before walking up to Din! She raises an eyebrow at the odd robot woman. She has long blonde hair, crystal blue eyes, and is dressed in a long skirt and low-cut shirt. Hello? Is this WARDEN?

Beans
2012-04-15, 03:04 PM
Din eeps, catching the girl in her arms, sagging down to her knees "gah! what are you doing? you could have hurt us both!"
Manticore grins.
Could have.
Didn't.
Therefore, success!
She pats Din's head before looking over at the blonde girl approaching.

iElf
2012-04-15, 03:09 PM
Glade

A young woman wanders in. She looks around at the forest before walking up to Din! She raises an eyebrow at the odd robot woman. She has long blonde hair, crystal blue eyes, and is dressed in a long skirt and low-cut shirt. Hello? Is this WARDEN?

Manticore grins.
Could have.
Didn't.
Therefore, success!
She pats Din's head before looking over at the blonde girl approaching.

Din pushes Manticore off her and gets up nodding "hey there. yes this is WARDEN. I take it you want to join?"

Hattish Thing
2012-04-15, 03:16 PM
Glade

Oh, yes please. Took a while to get here...ugh. I'm Sonnya!

Beans
2012-04-15, 03:19 PM
Manticore flops to the ground and looks up at Sonnya.
Hiya! I'm Manticore!
The AI-gal grins, not exactly seeming to be... all there, so to speak.

iElf
2012-04-15, 03:22 PM
Din hands her a form to fill out "Din hylia, pleased to meet you...here you go!" she hands sonnya a pen, and sits, waiting for her to fill the form out

Hattish Thing
2012-04-15, 03:33 PM
Glade

Sonnya smiles, Nice to meet you Din, Manticore. She finishes and hands the form to Din:

Name: Sonnya
Species: Water Nymph
Class: Druid
Profession: I can do a lot. Anything really
Goals: I wish to keep nature pure.

iElf
2012-04-15, 03:36 PM
Glade

Sonnya smiles, Nice to meet you Din, Manticore. She finishes and hands the form to Din:

Name: Sonnya
Species: Water Nymph
Class: Druid
Profession: I can do a lot. Anything really
Goals: I wish to keep nature pure.

Din smiles "the water around here is pure as it can get. you'll like it here. and we can really use a druid...welcome to the team!" Din smiles "feel free to pick a room and all"

Beans
2012-04-15, 03:37 PM
Manticore scoots over toward Sonnya.
Oooh, you both have nice ankles.
Yeah, expect that sort of weirdness.
Wait, we get rooms? Awesome!

Hattish Thing
2012-04-15, 03:39 PM
Sonnya stares. Er...thank you...Din? Uh...Is there a cabin near the lake I can live in? She smiles.

iElf
2012-04-15, 03:43 PM
the whole place is inside the cave "you can live in one of the rooms closet to shore of you like...and please don't mind her...I'm not quite sure what she even is yet..." she looks down at manticore

Beans
2012-04-15, 03:47 PM
Manticore smiles up at Din.
I'mma go find a room!
She gets up and trots off to see what the rooms are like.

Hattish Thing
2012-04-15, 03:49 PM
She grins! Oh! Ok. That sounds nice...she's ok right?

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-15, 03:55 PM
((I'll try to finish up the description of the rooms and such you asked me for in a bit.))

Trium, who's a fairly tall woman, with various brands and tattoos covering the few parts of her body that haven't been replaced with nanobots, is here as well, since she plans on joining, and wanders over to the group that's formed, waiting for a lull in the conversation to present her form.

iElf
2012-04-15, 04:02 PM
Din takes Trium's form and will check it. she looks at Manticore "I think she will be ok...I'll take care of her for a while though"

((deadtime any second))

Earl of Purple
2012-04-15, 04:03 PM
Entrance- Land-Side

Somebody new has arrived. He's rather obese, with stubby horns, a widow's peak, and goat legs. He's wearing a food-stained shirt with a monk's spade slung over his back. He's got scruffy stubble, and he's beginning to go grey. In his left hand is a plastic bag that has attracted the attention of several large black flies, though he doesn't seem to have noticed them yet. His right hand is gripping a small rucksack, probably containing his belongings.

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-15, 04:08 PM
Din takes Trium's form and will check it. she looks at Manticore "I think she will be ok...I'll take care of her for a while though"

((deadtime any second))

Name: Kiatili veln Kasethiir, but Trium works.
Age: Er... Do you want that exactly, or rounded to the nearest thousand?
Species: Augmented Immortal
Class: Technically nobility?
Profession: Mage
What I hope to achieve for the World: Which world do you mean?
Anything else you want to mention: There are a couple of other people who share my memories, so don't be surprised if you run into someone who seems like they know you even though you've never met them.

Hattish Thing
2012-04-15, 04:18 PM
Sonnya frowns. Oh! That's good...where'd she come from?

Beans
2012-04-15, 04:46 PM
Manticore goes to see what the rooms are like, her long white-to-black hair swishing as she trots about.

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-15, 05:07 PM
((Just a note, in case anyone gets confused, iElf asked me to do the rooms over in the Home thread, since my character sold her the place, and the decorations stayed the same.))

The rooms all have furniture set behind panels in the walls and/or floors, and are generally roughly square, but they vary considerably in decoration, and certain ones have special features relating to that; for example, one is painted to appear as though the occupant is in the middle of space, and it has a gravity control.

Also, most of the rooms have mythological or natural themes.

Beans
2012-04-15, 05:13 PM
Manticore picks a space room, falling in love with it immediately.
She giggles, bouncing on the bed.

iElf
2012-04-15, 05:15 PM
Din takes Triums application, and nods to her "you're in!" she then turns to the man "hello...can I help you?"

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-15, 05:25 PM
Trium grins, and then heads off towards the rooms to see if she can find the odd-looking (though she's one to talk...) girl she saw earlier.

Beans
2012-04-15, 05:28 PM
Manticore waves to Trium as she sees her.
Hiya there! I'm Manticore, what's your name?

Earl of Purple
2012-04-15, 05:29 PM
The fat satyr nods. "Oh, most certainly. I heard on the grapevine that there was a nature-based organisation starting up, and I thought, well, I should certainly give it a try! Do you know if it's around here?" The satyr has a rather extravagant way of speaking, making large gestures with his meaty arms.

iElf
2012-04-15, 05:34 PM
The fat satyr nods. "Oh, most certainly. I heard on the grapevine that there was a nature-based organisation starting up, and I thought, well, I should certainly give it a try! Do you know if it's around here?" The satyr has a rather extravagant way of speaking, making large gestures with his meaty arms.

Din looks a little intimidated by the Satyr "this is it...but...aren't you a daemon?"

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-15, 05:40 PM
Manticore waves to Trium as she sees her.
Hiya there! I'm Manticore, what's your name?

Trium waves back to Manticore, grinning.

"Hello! I'm Kiatili, officially, but I go by Trium."

Beans
2012-04-15, 05:42 PM
Manticore trots over, looking her up and down.
You have pretty tattoos!

Earl of Purple
2012-04-15, 05:56 PM
"What? No. Do I look like a demon to you? On second thoughts, yes, obviously I do. I'm a satyr, a wild reveller of the woods. Here, have some wine." As he says that, a grapevine grows up his leg, coiling around his great belly, up his chest and halfway around his neck, ending in a large, not-very-grape-like flower. The satyr puts the plastic bag of food down and reaches into the rucksack, taking out a slightly chipped wineglass and filling it with a dark red liquid he pours from the flower.

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-15, 06:22 PM
Manticore trots over, looking her up and down.
You have pretty tattoos!

"Thanks! I'm glad you like them. Though personally, I prefer the way they look when I'm using them to do magic; they get a rather nice glow."

Beans
2012-04-15, 06:25 PM
Coool...
Manticore bounces on her heels.
This place is cool 'cause I now have somewhere to live.

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-15, 06:28 PM
Trium smiles, going to adjust the gravity down if they're still in a space room.

"In that case, do you want to see it? And yeah, having a place to live tends to be good. Why didn't you before?"

Beans
2012-04-15, 06:35 PM
I ran away...
And I'd love to see it!

happyturtle
2012-04-15, 10:06 PM
The boy followed the bee, and the dog followed the boy, over the hills and cliffs and towards the sea. But when he caught sight of the sea, he forgot about the bee.

The Great Water of legend. It was greater than any story had ever told, greater than the mind could hold. He approached the water, and heard the thundering. So that part of the story was true as well. The endless thundering of the water. He put his fingers into the water and brought them to his mouth. Salt! Just as the tales had said!

He laughed and stripped his outer clothes, running into the water with his dog to play among the waves.

((He'll discover WARDEN in a bit, or someone can run across him.))

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1636/tek4f712068d672b8950730.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/48727145)

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-16, 12:14 AM
I ran away...
And I'd love to see it!

"Gaermnethos!"

And, with that, all of Trium's tattoos and brands begin to glow in just about every color that Manticore can see.

happyturtle
2012-04-16, 07:56 AM
The Great Water

Mori tries to drink the seawater and snorts and coughs. Silly dog. Both Mori and Cole play in the water until they're exhausted. Then Cole lays out on the warm sand to dry in the sun.

Oddly enough, his pale skin doesn't burn, despite hours spend in the sun.

Eventually, a bee buzzes by overhead, and Cole takes that as his sign to get dressed and follow.

Eventually he reaches...

The Entrance

... where he stands and shuffles awkwardly at the sight of so many women in one place. He's tempted to turn and run away, but the bee lands on his hand - a sure sign that this is the place he's supposed to be.

The people within will see a 16 year old boy who looks even younger than his age, wearing robes that appear to have been once finely made, but are travel stained and worn, and have had the sleeves torn off. His dog is a beautiful, massive Irish Wolfhound bitch named Mori. He seems terribly shy and afraid to meet anyone's gaze.

iElf
2012-04-16, 03:40 PM
"What? No. Do I look like a demon to you? On second thoughts, yes, obviously I do. I'm a satyr, a wild reveller of the woods. Here, have some wine." As he says that, a grapevine grows up his leg, coiling around his great belly, up his chest and halfway around his neck, ending in a large, not-very-grape-like flower. The satyr puts the plastic bag of food down and reaches into the rucksack, taking out a slightly chipped wineglass and filling it with a dark red liquid he pours from the flower.

Din looks a little nervous "um...I think I'll pass...nut...thanks" Din sighs "I take it you want a form to fill in?"

she will hand the satyr one, a little reluctantly though

Din turns and waves to the young man entering though "hello there! welcome to WARDEN!"

Beans
2012-04-16, 03:47 PM
"Gaermnethos!"

And, with that, all of Trium's tattoos and brands begin to glow in just about every color that Manticore can see.

[Manticore's Room]
Manti gazes in wonder. "Ooohhhh..."

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-16, 04:26 PM
[Manticore's Room]
Manti gazes in wonder. "Ooohhhh..."

Trium grins, spinning to show off all of them properly; the lights bounce back from the painted stars, sort of like being inside a rainbow surrounded by disco balls.

Earl of Purple
2012-04-16, 04:31 PM
"Oh. Well, if you're sure." He'll drink the wine, downing it in one before refilling it from the flower. "A bit too tart for my liking, but good regardless." He'll then fill in the form, before downing the second glass of wine.

Name: Dionydore
Species: Satyr
Class: Monk
Alignment: Terranic Pyran
Profession: Party-Goer
What I hope to Achieve for the World: Lots of happy people, fun times and big parties. Woodland and natural settings are the best places for all of these!
Anything Else You Want to Mention: I have control over some plants, especially vines of varying types. In addition, I can magically affect alcohol, inebriated people and create alcohol.

iElf
2012-04-16, 04:43 PM
"Oh. Well, if you're sure." He'll drink the wine, downing it in one before refilling it from the flower. "A bit too tart for my liking, but good regardless." He'll then fill in the form, before downing the second glass of wine.

Name: Dionydore
Species: Satyr
Class: Monk
Alignment: Terranic Pyran
Profession: Party-Goer
What I hope to Achieve for the World: Lots of happy people, fun times and big parties. Woodland and natural settings are the best places for all of these!
Anything Else You Want to Mention: I have control over some plants, especially vines of varying types. In addition, I can magically affect alcohol, inebriated people and create alcohol.

Din looks from the form to the satyr , frowning as she does so "...I'm sorry...but I'm not sure I'll be able to accept you all that easily... I get the feeling that you see nature just as a backdrop to get drunk against..."

Earl of Purple
2012-04-16, 04:54 PM
"I am a fey spirit of drunkenness, true. But I am still fey; my nature runs more to grapes, hops, and grain than oaks, birches and pines. My health relies upon the health of nature. But, if you feel I have no place here, I shall leave." He says the last sadly, though he sounds to mean all of it.

((I'm not too fussed if he's accepted or not; I'll leave the matter in your hands))

Beans
2012-04-16, 04:59 PM
Trium grins, spinning to show off all of them properly; the lights bounce back from the painted stars, sort of like being inside a rainbow surrounded by disco balls.
[Room]
Manticore's currently-limited mental faculties are overwhelmed, and she giggles in excited glee!

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-16, 05:20 PM
[Room]
Manticore's currently-limited mental faculties are overwhelmed, and she giggles in excited glee!

Trium, glad that her new friend is enjoying herself, continuing spinning and doing various acrobatics, setting the gravity to zero at some point during the process so that everything she wants to do is possible.

Beans
2012-04-16, 05:27 PM
[Room]
Manti decides that this is the best thing ever!

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-16, 05:34 PM
[Room]

Eventually, Trium decides that talking would be good too, though she doesn't stop being acrobatic.

"So, why are you named Manticore?"

happyturtle
2012-04-16, 05:40 PM
Din looks a little nervous "um...I think I'll pass...nut...thanks" Din sighs "I take it you want a form to fill in?"

she will hand the satyr one, a little reluctantly though

Din turns and waves to the young man entering though "hello there! welcome to WARDEN!"

"What is this place, Madam?" the boy asks.

Beans
2012-04-16, 05:56 PM
[Room]

Eventually, Trium decides that talking would be good too, though she doesn't stop being acrobatic.

"So, why are you named Manticore?"

[Room]
That's what I was named... I dunno.
I remember there were two others, but their names... one started with a C and the other had an L, I think?

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-16, 06:38 PM
[Room]
That's what I was named... I dunno.
I remember there were two others, but their names... one started with a C and the other had an L, I think?

"Lamia and Chiron?", Trium asks, sounding curious.

Beans
2012-04-16, 06:40 PM
[Room]
No, I don't think it was that...
She shakes her head.

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-16, 07:12 PM
[Room]

Trium frowns thoughtfully, trying to remember other mythological names starting with L or C.

Beans
2012-04-16, 08:05 PM
[Room]
Manti starts doing flips.
Wheeeeeeeeee...

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-16, 09:17 PM
[Room]

Trium smiles, watching Manti curiously.

"You're pretty good at this... Do you have experience with zero-g?"

iElf
2012-04-17, 06:39 AM
"What is this place, Madam?" the boy asks.

Din plot clones to deal with the boy "this place is the new headquarters of WARDEN...we're an organisation that has vowed to protect the natural world, especially against the undead and extra planers "

Din sighs, looking at the satyr "I guess I can give you a probationary term for now...I wouldn't be surprised if you had some uses..."

happyturtle
2012-04-17, 07:06 AM
"It feels like... a strong place. The Mistress would like to build a hive here, and bring their Queen." the boy says. "May we, Madam? I will tend the bees, and soon there will be honey to bless your lips."

iElf
2012-04-17, 08:10 AM
Din thinks for a second, finally asking "tell me...what is your name, and who is the mistress? is she a kind of bee?"

happyturtle
2012-04-17, 08:18 AM
Cole had spent some time thinking on this dilemma. He knew the culture he was in now passed names around willingly, as if they were not the most intimate treasure that a person could give. He would not, could not, share his name with a woman. It went against everything he held dear. But if he was going to live here, far from home, he needed to try to fit in.

"You may call me Kell, madam." This was the compromise he had settled on. Kell was close to Cole in sound, and it simply meant 'boy' in the language of the priestesses. It would do him no harm to be called such. He holds up the hand where the bee rests. It's a simple honeybee. "This is the Mistress. I followed her here. I... I am not sure how I know her will. I was not trained in the temples, though I do know beekeeping, as every male should."

iElf
2012-04-17, 08:27 AM
Din nods "you can call be Din, no need to be so formal. it seams you hold nature dear, if you can tend to bees that well. Are there any other Talents you have? anything specific you are trained in?"

happyturtle
2012-04-17, 09:10 AM
Kell visibly flinches when she gives her name. In his culture, a woman would only offer her name to a lover. But he's already learned that things are different here. "No, madam. It wouldn't be proper for me to call you by your name," he says. "I was raised and trained with the accomplishments of any nobleborn male - needlepoint, beekeeping, and I can play the lyre, though I do not have an instrument." He hesitates a moment. "I seem to have some ability to survive in the wilderness that I do not understand. I have travelled for two moons, and been in many forms of weather, without any shelter. I suppose the Mistress of Honey has protected me."

Meanwhile, Mori the Irish Wolfhound, is sniffing Din curiously.

iElf
2012-04-17, 11:33 AM
Din nods "I take it your culture was a matriarchy. but...I wonder...two months in the wild, you're looking pretty good for that , and without training too. you're certainly new here, so you can stay here for as long as you like while you learn about this world...that is if you want to stay"

happyturtle
2012-04-17, 11:56 AM
Kell nods. "I would like to stay, ma'am, if it pleases you. At least long enough to get the hives established. Longer, if the Mistress wills it."

iElf
2012-04-17, 12:30 PM
Kell nods. "I would like to stay, ma'am, if it pleases you. At least long enough to get the hives established. Longer, if the Mistress wills it."

"well you can choose one of the rooms if you like. I hope you settle in well...maybe you could tell me a little more about your culture...it could help in the long run"

happyturtle
2012-04-17, 05:32 PM
"Thank you, ma'am," Kell says. He whispers to the bee, and it flies away, out of the cave.

Does Din ask him to fill out a form?

iElf
2012-04-18, 08:10 AM
"Thank you, ma'am," Kell says. He whispers to the bee, and it flies away, out of the cave.

Does Din ask him to fill out a form?

Din does indeed hand him a form "if there are any questions that you are uncomfortable with answering you can leave them blank"

Beans
2012-04-18, 08:40 AM
[Room]

Trium smiles, watching Manti curiously.

"You're pretty good at this... Do you have experience with zero-g?"
[Room]
The AI gal nods.
I think so! I can't really remember though...
---
A plotclone of Manticore decides to explore the base, able to run into anyone who wishes it.

happyturtle
2012-04-18, 09:12 AM
Kell's form:

Name: You may call me Kell
Species: human
Class: ?? (OOC: druid, but he doesn't know it yet)
Alignment: ?? (OOC: my characters don't have alignments)
Profession: I want to be a beekeeper.
What I hope to achieve for the World: I want to protect the bees, and Mori.
anything else you want to mention: I can help out if you need any needlepoint done, ma'am.

Kell looks for an appropriate place within the cave to live and start his hives. He doesn't want to be in a proper room, and chooses a little nook within the in-cave forest.

After a while, bees begin to arrive and start to lay down wax, to create a hive.

I maded you a membership list to add to the OP! :smallsmile:

Membership list so far:

Dionydore (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13081212&postcount=50)|Earl of Purple|Satyr|Monk
Kell (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13091023&postcount=76)|happyturtle|Human|Beekeeper/Druid
Manticore (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13074952&postcount=7)|Beans|AI|AI
Sonnya (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13075196&postcount=17)|singingnoodle|Water nymph|Druid
Trium (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13075372&postcount=27)|C'nor|Augmented Immortal|Mage
[/table]

iElf
2012-04-18, 11:00 AM
Kell's form:

Name: You may call me Kell
Species: human
Class: ?? (OOC: druid, but he doesn't know it yet)
Alignment: ?? (OOC: my characters don't have alignments)
Profession: I want to be a beekeeper.
What I hope to achieve for the World: I want to protect the bees, and Mori.
anything else you want to mention: I can help out if you need any needlepoint done, ma'am.

Kell looks for an appropriate place within the cave to live and start his hives. He doesn't want to be in a proper room, and chooses a little nook within the in-cave forest.

After a while, bees begin to arrive and start to lay down wax, to create a hive.

I maded you a membership list to add to the OP! :smallsmile:

Membership list so far:

[/table]

((thanks a lot happy^^))

Din nods, and will show him the rooms, letting him choose any of the free rooms

happyturtle
2012-04-18, 11:39 AM
Kell steps into one or two of the rooms, but immediately steps out. "I would rather stay out of doors, ma'am. I don't feel comfortable under a roof for some reason... I'm not sure why." :smallconfused:

iElf
2012-04-18, 04:41 PM
Kell steps into one or two of the rooms, but immediately steps out. "I would rather stay out of doors, ma'am. I don't feel comfortable under a roof for some reason... I'm not sure why." :smallconfused:

Din nods "of course. you can sleep under the sky if you wish"

otherwise a plotclone of Din is available for interaction

happyturtle
2012-04-18, 05:12 PM
Mori runs loose within the forest, chasing animals and sniffing and peeing on things. As dogs do.

Kell sits down on the ground and watches the bees begin building their hive.

"Is there anything you need help with, ma'am?" he asks Din.

Beans
2012-04-18, 05:16 PM
Manticore (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13074774&postcount=704) comes down to watch Din speak to Kell from a distance; the ragged-clad AI girl thinks the boy and his troupe of hymenopterans are quite interesting, as is his big woofy canine.

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-18, 05:34 PM
[Room]
The AI gal nods.
I think so! I can't really remember though...

Trium frowns a bit, but shrugs after a moment - she's had some far more major memory problems recently -, and smiles at Manti.

"Why'd you run away from where you were living before, anyway?"

Beans
2012-04-18, 05:37 PM
[Room]
The Manti with Trium thinks a while.
I remember not liking it there... I remember there was a time when I felt more free, but then I started feeling strange and suddenly they made me be confined somehow.
It's sort of weird.

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-19, 02:34 AM
[Room]
The Manti with Trium thinks a while.
I remember not liking it there... I remember there was a time when I felt more free, but then I started feeling strange and suddenly they made me be confined somehow.
It's sort of weird.

"I can see why you'd want to leave, then... Though I'm not entirely certain where the weirdness comes in, unless it was in the specifics of what happened. Who are 'they'? And do you know what happened to the other two after you left?"

Beans
2012-04-19, 05:17 PM
[Room]
That's the bits I can't really remember so well...

Lady Serpentine
2012-04-19, 06:04 PM
[Room]

"I'm a pretty good memory mage... I could try to enhance those memories, if you want me to."

Sneaky Weasel
2012-04-20, 12:44 PM
The Entrance

A rather handsome man with flame red hair wanders up to this place of tranquil beauty. He wears a worn maroon blazer, and his dusty boots make no sound as he walks through the wood. His green eyes move lazily over the surroundings, taking it all in without undue motion. This place seemed ideal. He needed to start putting his plan into action, and what better place to do this than somewhere devoted to Nature?
"Hello! If I'm not mistaken, this is the headquarters of WARDEN, right? My name is Phineas Reinhardt, and I would like nothing so much as to join." Well, that isn't entirely true. But it's high on his list, at least. Maybe he could even find peace here. Or at least make a good start.

iElf
2012-04-21, 10:24 AM
Mori runs loose within the forest, chasing animals and sniffing and peeing on things. As dogs do.

Kell sits down on the ground and watches the bees begin building their hive.

"Is there anything you need help with, ma'am?" he asks Din.

Din shakes her head "you are free to do whatever you like. and if you don't want to use my name, please just call me miss. ma'am makes me feel old..."

The Entrance

A rather handsome man with flame red hair wanders up to this place of tranquil beauty. He wears a worn maroon blazer, and his dusty boots make no sound as he walks through the wood. His green eyes move lazily over the surroundings, taking it all in without undue motion. This place seemed ideal. He needed to start putting his plan into action, and what better place to do this than somewhere devoted to Nature?
"Hello! If I'm not mistaken, this is the headquarters of WARDEN, right? My name is Phineas Reinhardt, and I would like nothing so much as to join." Well, that isn't entirely true. But it's high on his list, at least. Maybe he could even find peace here. Or at least make a good start.

plotclone Din approaches him "yes it is. " she hands him the form "if you would be so kind as to fill this in..."

happyturtle
2012-04-21, 11:08 AM
Forest

"Yes, Miss," Kell says obediently. A few bees land on him and crawl around - one even on his ear! - and it doesn't seem to bother him.

iElf
2012-04-21, 11:44 AM
Forest

"Yes, Miss," Kell says obediently. A few bees land on him and crawl around - one even on his ear! - and it doesn't seem to bother him.

Din sighs "you need to loosen up kid...but you havea knack for bees I'll give you that..."

Sneaky Weasel
2012-04-22, 12:37 AM
plotclone Din approaches him "yes it is. " she hands him the form "if you would be so kind as to fill this in..."

Phineas nods. "Of course, just give me a second..." He quickly scans the form, taking a pencil out of his jacket. Having filled it out, he returns the paper to Din. "Everything should be in order," he says, smiling.

Name: Phineas Reinhardt
Species: Human
Class: Jack of All Trades
Alignment: Anarchic Realistic
What I hope to achieve for the World: I wish to keep Nature untainted by the Plague that is Civilization.

iElf
2012-04-22, 06:14 AM
Phineas nods. "Of course, just give me a second..." He quickly scans the form, taking a pencil out of his jacket. Having filled it out, he returns the paper to Din. "Everything should be in order," he says, smiling.

Name: Phineas Reinhardt
Species: Human
Class: Jack of All Trades
Alignment: Anarchic Realistic
What I hope to achieve for the World: I wish to keep Nature untainted by the Plague that is Civilization.

Din sighs "this organisation was founded in the hope that civilisation could coexist with nature... we're here to protect the natural world from foul abominations, and the undead blight. I don't want civilians being hurt. I hope you understand that"

happyturtle
2012-04-22, 07:27 AM
Din sighs "you need to loosen up kid...but you havea knack for bees I'll give you that..."

"What does 'loosen up' mean?" Kell asks. :smallconfused:

OrchestraHc
2012-04-22, 12:02 PM
"Oi told yee, yon daft bunny. Ne'r doubt a moler when she say 'Uh cave's atter way.'" a female voice sounds in a rustic accent. "When a moler feels a cave underpaw, she feels a cave underpaw!"

"I am sorry to have ever doubted you, my lady," an older male voice answers. "Never again shall this honest hare doubt the word of a wise mole maid in any manners lithological! Even if she has me walking about in circles for over an hour."

"Hurr hurr, see that yee do, aye?" she chuckles back.

The pair become louder as they descend into the cave and eventually come into view. They both look mostly human aside from some peculiarities.

The female is a good bit bigger than the average nexus gal, but she wears it well rather than hide or be ashamed of it. Her hair is long but bushy and covers most of he face before splitting just above her nose, leaving only her nose and mouth visible. She's dressed in brown-green short-sleeved tunic over a white shirt, with white breeches. The peculiarities mentioned are her hands and feet, which instead of being human are big mole paws.

The male seems to be an old man, but very fit for his age. His hair and moustache are both a light grey. He's dressed as a military man, brown jacket fully decorated with medals. On his belt is a fencing foil, made for competition rather than true battle. On top of his head sit two long grey hare's ears, as he would loathe to be called a rabbit, in his mouth are a pair of large buck teeth, and his feet are are unbooted hare paws.

"'Ello all!" the mole maid calls to all the folks inside. "We 'ear tell of this 'ere place called Ward'n. Be we'm in the roight place?"

Ashen Lilies
2012-04-22, 12:38 PM
A certain rider (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13113139&postcount=93) approaches WARDEN.

The rider herself, is of course, female, but that most probably is the extent of what can be told. Most of her is clad in form fitting black armor, which shows her to be shapely in form, and wide about the hips. A sword is belted to saddle. A horsebow and quiver of arrows laid horizontally across the front.
A black cloak, with a tall, peaked black hood shrouds her figure. A mask made out of silver, elegantly beaten into the shape of the face of an attractive woman, conceals her own face. A thin slit parts the lips, and small holes mark the nostrils, but curiously, the mask seems to have no such openings in the eyes. Instead, a pair of cut emeralds mark the spot, a pair of bright green crescents among the silver whole.

The horse is made out of pure marble. Seemingly carved from a single piece, and certainly carved, for one can see the tool marks close up (if one were willing to get close enough to see), but carved with detail enough to make such sculptors as Michelangelo hand in his chisel, and when in motion, it moves like flesh, marble muscles tensing and relaxing as fluidly as their squishier counterparts would.

iElf
2012-04-22, 04:53 PM
"What does 'loosen up' mean?" Kell asks. :smallconfused:

Din ponders a second, thrown by the question "um...I suppose it means that you can relax a bit more. A lot of what you were taught doesn't apply here. this is a free place, and whatever you were told about your social status is not important, because we equals here"

"Oi told yee, yon daft bunny. Ne'r doubt a moler when she say 'Uh cave's atter way.'" a female voice sounds in a rustic accent. "When a moler feels a cave underpaw, she feels a cave underpaw!"

"I am sorry to have ever doubted you, my lady," an older male voice answers. "Never again shall this honest hare doubt the word of a wise mole maid in any manners lithological! Even if she has me walking about in circles for over an hour."

"Hurr hurr, see that yee do, aye?" she chuckles back.

The pair become louder as they descend into the cave and eventually come into view. They both look mostly human aside from some peculiarities.

The female is a good bit bigger than the average nexus gal, but she wears it well rather than hide or be ashamed of it. Her hair is long but bushy and covers most of he face before splitting just above her nose, leaving only her nose and mouth visible. She's dressed in brown-green short-sleeved tunic over a white shirt, with white breeches. The peculiarities mentioned are her hands and feet, which instead of being human are big mole paws.

The male seems to be an old man, but very fit for his age. His hair and moustache are both a light grey. He's dressed as a military man, brown jacket fully decorated with medals. On his belt is a fencing foil, made for competition rather than true battle. On top of his head sit two long grey hare's ears, as he would loathe to be called a rabbit, in his mouth are a pair of large buck teeth, and his feet are are unbooted hare paws.

"'Ello all!" the mole maid calls to all the folks inside. "We 'ear tell of this 'ere place called Ward'n. Be we'm in the roight place?"

a Din clone walks over to them "yes it is...um...can i maybe help you in any way?"

Sneaky Weasel
2012-04-22, 05:10 PM
Din sighs "this organisation was founded in the hope that civilisation could coexist with nature... we're here to protect the natural world from foul abominations, and the undead blight. I don't want civilians being hurt. I hope you understand that"

Phineas is already shaking his head before she finishes. "Oh, of course. I love civilization, without it I wouldn't be here. But the fact remains that nature does need people to speak out for it when it comes to civilization, because there are always greedy people willing to desecrate the natural order for profit. I will of course be happy to defend it against the undead, and similar aberrations, but I will also try to defend it from overzealous culling from the cities. Peacefully, of course. I'm not a criminal who would harm others." He pauses, raising an eyebrow. "Of course, if you have a problem with this, I will regretfully retract my membership."

happyturtle
2012-04-22, 09:29 PM
Din ponders a second, thrown by the question "um...I suppose it means that you can relax a bit more. A lot of what you were taught doesn't apply here. this is a free place, and whatever you were told about your social status is not important, because we equals here"

"That is a lot for me to think about, Miss." Kell says. "I let go of a very important part of my upbringing when I abandoned my duty for love of Mori. I am not sure how much more I could let go of without ceasing to be myself."

OrchestraHc
2012-04-22, 09:31 PM
"Spos'dly Ward'n be about protectin nature, aye?" the mole-maid starts "Nary a woodlander we know'd say nay to the chance. We'm be happy to count erselves 'mong yer allies, yon maid. Oi be Maggie Soilheart an' this ol' sack of fur and fierceness be Thelonerous."

"That's Thelonius." the hare corrects. "Colonel Thelonius Reginald Greyfoot, decorated soldier, fearless foot fighter, and champion fencer," he takes a gracious bow with his introduction, and attempts to take Din's hand. "Here at the service of your organization or any raving beauty that dwells within." He then will try to kiss that hand.

iElf
2012-04-24, 03:53 PM
Phineas is already shaking his head before she finishes. "Oh, of course. I love civilization, without it I wouldn't be here. But the fact remains that nature does need people to speak out for it when it comes to civilization, because there are always greedy people willing to desecrate the natural order for profit. I will of course be happy to defend it against the undead, and similar aberrations, but I will also try to defend it from overzealous culling from the cities. Peacefully, of course. I'm not a criminal who would harm others." He pauses, raising an eyebrow. "Of course, if you have a problem with this, I will regretfully retract my membership."

Din smiles, nodding "ok. I just wanted to be sure. you wouldn't believe the kind of people that have committed atrocities in the name of "preserving" nature. " she looks around "I think we may well be able to hold a first meeting soon. maybe when I'm done with all this bureaucracy"

she sits down on the grass, leaning back

"That is a lot for me to think about, Miss." Kell says. "I let go of a very important part of my upbringing when I abandoned my duty for love of Mori. I am not sure how much more I could let go of without ceasing to be myself."

Din nods "I understand all too well. I refused my destiny once, and It took me almost a decade to recover from it...did you run away from home?"

"Spos'dly Ward'n be about protectin nature, aye?" the mole-maid starts "Nary a woodlander we know'd say nay to the chance. We'm be happy to count erselves 'mong yer allies, yon maid. Oi be Maggie Soilheart an' this ol' sack of fur and fierceness be Thelonerous."

"That's Thelonius." the hare corrects. "Colonel Thelonius Reginald Greyfoot, decorated soldier, fearless foot fighter, and champion fencer," he takes a gracious bow with his introduction, and attempts to take Din's hand. "Here at the service of your organization or any raving beauty that dwells within." He then will try to kiss that hand.

Din blushes a little at the kiss "I thank you both for coming here, and offering your services!" she will hand each of them a form to fill out "We shall have need of your services misers and master Woodlander. if you would please fill these in, I can offically welcome you to WARDEN"

happyturtle
2012-04-24, 04:00 PM
"Yes, Miss. The woman it was my duty to marry said I could not keep Mori - could not even see her. So I ran away." He runs his fingers along one of the finely wrought gold and gemstone anklets that peep out beneath his tattered robe. "We were caught in a blizzard. I prayed to the Mistress of Honey, and a bee crawled out of my sleeve and stung me on the hand. I think she must have given me a blessing that day, for the blizzard should have killed us."

iElf
2012-04-24, 04:47 PM
"Yes, Miss. The woman it was my duty to marry said I could not keep Mori - could not even see her. So I ran away." He runs his fingers along one of the finely wrought gold and gemstone anklets that peep out beneath his tattered robe. "We were caught in a blizzard. I prayed to the Mistress of Honey, and a bee crawled out of my sleeve and stung me on the hand. I think she must have given me a blessing that day, for the blizzard should have killed us."

Din nods "...I ran away from home too when I was about your age... ran away from destiny . I was supposed to become a priestess... but I didn't want too. I stole a boat, and sailed off by myself...and...well... I stranded not too far from here" she sits down next to him "your freedom is something that no one has the right to take away from you. ever "

OrchestraHc
2012-04-24, 04:54 PM
Din blushes a little at the kiss "I thank you both for coming here, and offering your services!" she will hand each of them a form to fill out "We shall have need of your services misers and master Woodlander. if you would please fill these in, I can offically welcome you to WARDEN"

"Course m'lady! I'll have this done in a right quick, eh wot?" Thelonius stands straight at attention. The pair take their pages and have them done swiftly enough.

Name: Maggie Soilheart
Species: A mole.
Class: I'm no noble, just a common mole. *
Alignment: My spine is fine, thank you. (They're both good, if it's necessary.)
Profession: Digger, Tunneler, Stonemason, Gardener, and a fine cook when I find myself in the mood. I've also been told I'm a decent medic.*
What I hope to achieve for the World: Why it's my dream to have all woodland creatures like I, homed, fed, and happy.*
anything else you want to mention: Seems an awful lot of bees. I suppose I won't mind should mead or honeyed treats come of it, but stings are nasty business.

Name: Thelonius Reginald Greyfoot
Species: Grey Hare
Class: Colonel, First Class, high honors.*
Alignment: To all those in need
Profession: Retired Soldier, Guard to Lady Soilheart.*
What I hope to achieve for the World: To form a defense for nature against those who should seek it's destruction.
anything else you want to mention: I'll need to inspect the larder, Immediately! Military business and all that.

"Burr aye, What be yee name, dearie?" she asks Din. "and what be our furst ord'r a bizzness?"

"Lunch, if we're lucky, Maggie my sweet."

"Yee wud be conzern'd with yee stomach b'fer all else, wouldn't yee?"

happyturtle
2012-04-24, 05:04 PM
"Freedom isn't as important as having a place to belong," Kell says. "All of the members of the hive know their duty and help to create a wondrous nectar that none could create alone."

Earl of Purple
2012-04-24, 05:49 PM
Dionydore has sat down at the base of a large tree, preferably an oak tree. He'd cross his legs, but his legs don't bend in the correct manner to make that possible so he's lying them out in front of him. His eyes are closed and he's breathing deeply. A hop vine is growing around his chest.

His monk's spade, a polearm ending in a crescent-shaped blade on one end and a half-circle shaped blade on the other- has been propped up against a nearby tree. Hops are growing up that, too.

Ashen Lilies
2012-04-24, 08:54 PM
Din, or anyone really, may notice an aforementioned figure (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13113167&postcount=95) watching WARDEN from not-really-afar.

Or if they don't, that's cool too, because said figure swiftly rides up, raising a hand in greeting to whatever first person it sees.
"Hail."

Sneaky Weasel
2012-04-25, 01:54 AM
Din smiles, nodding "ok. I just wanted to be sure. you wouldn't believe the kind of people that have committed atrocities in the name of "preserving" nature. " she looks around "I think we may well be able to hold a first meeting soon. maybe when I'm done with all this bureaucracy"

she sits down on the grass, leaning back

Phineas nods his head grimly. "Oh, I can believe it all right. I've met some right nasty people who killed others in the name of keeping natural order. Bad business. Well, if that's settled, I agree that we should have a meeting fairly soon. A lot of people are joining up, and they'll want to know what you're all about." He looks around at the newcomers, and...a hare? And a mole? What luck! He wanders over to them, holding out his hand in greeting.
"I say, it's a pleasure to meet you. Maggie and Thelonius, is it? I'm Phineas. I've always said, if you can't trust a mole you can't trust anyone, and I'm sure I'm not about to be proven wrong." Anyone who'd met moles before would have to agree.

OrchestraHc
2012-04-25, 12:35 PM
"Hurr Hurr! Oi loik thissun. He be a smarttun," Maggie chuckles.

"So true, my lad. I've never met a soul more honest and pure than my dear Maggie," Thelonius says with great pride.

Maggie blushes as she attempts to straighten her bushy hair with her paws. "Burr, go on yee great grey flatterer."

"Phineas, eh? Good name. Strong name. So what skills do you bring to regiment, Phineas me bucko?"

iElf
2012-04-25, 03:15 PM
"Freedom isn't as important as having a place to belong," Kell says. "All of the members of the hive know their duty and help to create a wondrous nectar that none could create alone."

Din, or anyone really, may notice an aforementioned figure (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13113167&postcount=95) watching WARDEN from not-really-afar.

Or if they don't, that's cool too, because said figure swiftly rides up, raising a hand in greeting to whatever first person it sees.
"Hail."

Din is about to answer the boy, when the rider approaches "...I think this may be trouble..." she will slowly approach the rider "hello... Welcome to Warden... can i help you?"

happyturtle
2012-04-25, 03:42 PM
Kell doesn't know why the lady suspects trouble, but rises to his feet, and with a hand signal, Mori is soon at his side. He follows Din ready to do what he can to aid her.

Which is to say, not much.

Beans
2012-04-25, 03:49 PM
Manticore (a scruffily-dressed synthetic-bodied woman with long, black-tipped white hair; not actually a manticore) watches the possible dealio going down among the elf lady and the boy plus dog and the newcomer.

Sneaky Weasel
2012-04-25, 06:36 PM
"Hurr Hurr! Oi loik thissun. He be a smarttun," Maggie chuckles.

"So true, my lad. I've never met a soul more honest and pure than my dear Maggie," Thelonius says with great pride.

Maggie blushes as she attempts to straighten her bushy hair with her paws. "Burr, go on yee great grey flatterer."

"Phineas, eh? Good name. Strong name. So what skills do you bring to regiment, Phineas me bucko?"

Phineas grins at the two woodlanders. "Oh, I can do a bit of most anything. I'm good at rounding out a group, helping whoever needs it. Of course, with the diversity of people joining this organization, there will be few things we can't do if we set our minds to it."

OrchestraHc
2012-04-25, 08:50 PM
"Always a good use for a Jack of all trades, wot wot," Thelonius agrees. "I am actually quite the opposite, a specialist. I am soldier and a fencer. Maggie is a mole, which is a resume in itself. She's a great digger and tunneler, born skill is what that is."

"Dun sell yeeself short, Thelonerous. Yer tactishun 'n a scout, not to menshun a champ'n food scoffer. Oi aint nothin' special fer a moler." More nervous pawing at her hair. "So, Phinus, do yee have any partic'lr c'nnecshun to nature? Yee did join Ward'n."

Ashen Lilies
2012-04-25, 11:37 PM
Din is about to answer the boy, when the rider approaches "...I think this may be trouble..." she will slowly approach the rider "hello... Welcome to Warden... can i help you?"

"Could you? Perhaps..." The rider drawls, drawing out the 'Perhapsssssss' until it's nearly a hiss. In fact, from under her hood comes a low, rustling, hissing sort of sound, as if housing a nest of vipers.
"I was just admiring your forest from afar. You say this place is called Warden?"

happyturtle
2012-04-25, 11:44 PM
A few bees fly closer to the stranger, peering into the hood, but without touching anything.

Do they see anything interesting?

Kell stands respectfully in the presence of women, as he has been taught, eyes lowered, showers back, hands down by his sides.

Mori sits at attention next to Kell.

Ashen Lilies
2012-04-26, 12:30 AM
The bees will likely find that the 'nest of vipers' comment from the previous post is literally correct, as there does indeed seem to be one under the hood, slithering in a halo around the golden mask. A few of them stare at the bees, hissing, but seemingly suspecting nothing, as the woman does not seem to acknowledge their presence. The mask is placed quite flush to the woman's face, which is perhaps fortunate for the bees, as any who get too close a look at what's underneath will likely find themselves some very delicate and gorgeous looking pebbles.

Sneaky Weasel
2012-04-26, 05:00 AM
"Always a good use for a Jack of all trades, wot wot," Thelonius agrees. "I am actually quite the opposite, a specialist. I am soldier and a fencer. Maggie is a mole, which is a resume in itself. She's a great digger and tunneler, born skill is what that is."

"Dun sell yeeself short, Thelonerous. Yer tactishun 'n a scout, not to menshun a champ'n food scoffer. Oi aint nothin' special fer a moler." More nervous pawing at her hair. "So, Phinus, do yee have any partic'lr c'nnecshun to nature? Yee did join Ward'n."

Phineas shrugs. "Well, the fact is I've never had much of a connection to nature. I've lived in the city most of my life, and I've never really had a chance to cultivate such a connection. That's part of why I'm joining, so I can become more in tune with the woodlands and nature in general." Kind of pitiful joining a nature based organization with no experience of living in the wild, but better late than never.

OrchestraHc
2012-04-26, 05:36 AM
"Aye, tha' makes sense. Us 'as been livin in thee woodl'nds all our loives. We'm can teach'ee bout nature," Maggie offers.

"Jolly good, I suspect we can impart a good deal of knowledge onto this young man," Thelonius agrees. "We won't be living here, ol' bean, but our dens aren't very far a walk. Don't fear to come and visit, Phineas me laddo."

Sneaky Weasel
2012-04-27, 06:15 AM
Phineas grins, white teeth flashing in the sun. "That's a very kind offer, and I will definitely take you up on that. It's about time I started giving back to nature. I made the right decision coming here, it seems." Indeed you have, Phineas. Don't let it go to your head, though.

OrchestraHc
2012-04-29, 01:42 PM
"Aye, folk who livin' cities tend'a take nature fer granted. Glad yee wish ter give back," Maggie says.

"True as always, Dear Mag." Spotting the conversation brewing with the mysterious rider, Thelonius turns an ear to the conversation.

If Maggie notices she doesn't say anything, as this may be a habit of his to eavesdrop secretly."Oi was acshurlly lookin' fer a good plot t' start a garden. 'Ave yee been round long nuff to see a spot?"

Sneaky Weasel
2012-04-30, 05:10 AM
"Aye, folk who livin' cities tend'a take nature fer granted. Glad yee wish ter give back," Maggie says.

"True as always, Dear Mag." Spotting the conversation brewing with the mysterious rider, Thelonius turns an ear to the conversation.

If Maggie notices she doesn't say anything, as this may be a habit of his to eavesdrop secretly."Oi was acshurlly lookin' fer a good plot t' start a garden. 'Ave yee been round long nuff to see a spot?"

Phineas thinks for a moment. "Hmm, I'm not too familiar with the layout of this place. I'm sure there's many areas that would be ideal for a garden if you just look around. What sort of plants would you be growing?"
He too watches the hooded rider out of the corner of his eye, just in case.

OrchestraHc
2012-05-01, 08:49 PM
"Veggies, mostly." The mole-maid rubs her belly and licks her lips. "Turnips, taters, carrots, green beans, peas. Anythin what tastes best in me favorite pot pie. Mmm!"

iElf
2012-05-02, 03:33 PM
"Could you? Perhaps..." The rider drawls, drawing out the 'Perhapsssssss' until it's nearly a hiss. In fact, from under her hood comes a low, rustling, hissing sort of sound, as if housing a nest of vipers.
"I was just admiring your forest from afar. You say this place is called Warden?"

Din nods "yes...it's an organisation protecting nature from corrupting influences, like necromancy " Din slowly begins to wonder if this admiring is the same kind of admiring Mafiosi do in little shops

Ashen Lilies
2012-05-02, 09:16 PM
Well that doesn't sound disgustingly familiar. Didn't she just meet a bunch of elves who claimed to 'protect nature from corrupting influences'? Then they decided that she was a corrupting influence and burned down her home.
"Hmmm... I, too, am no friend of necromancy." Says the black garbed rider cautiously.

happyturtle
2012-05-31, 07:55 PM
Kell, the druid boy, and his Irish Wolfhound Mori are in the forest cave. Kell is tending his beehives, and Mori is looking for something really horrible and smelly to roll around in.

Lady Serpentine
2012-05-31, 08:24 PM
Trium, meanwhile, has been hovering up near the ceiling of the cave, and, curious about what exactly Kell is doing, slowly floats down behind him, the hooded black cloak she wears doing a fair job of hiding just about everything other than that she's a humanoid of some variety.

"Hello. If you have time, might I ask a few questions?"

OrchestraHc
2012-05-31, 08:47 PM
Mori won't find much better than Maggie's compost pile. The mole-pawed woman is spreading some for her garden. Most of it's already been spread, but a large pile is still left.

Thelonius on the other hand, stands a far distance away to avoid the smell. The rabbit footed man munches on an apple as he leans against a tree.

Ashen Lilies
2012-05-31, 09:52 PM
((And what the hell do I do, considering I kind of need Din to join? :smalltongue:))

>.>

Oh... look... it's a... rabbit. Yes, there is a rabbit hopping around in the cave!
But then it disappears! Must have been late for a very important date, or something.

happyturtle
2012-05-31, 10:36 PM
(Fill out the form and handwave that you have probationary approval?)

"Yes, ma'am," Kell says, assuming Trium has a feminine shape and/or voice. "I can try."

Mori rolls in the compost! Yay! =D

Lady Serpentine
2012-05-31, 10:50 PM
She has a humanoid shape, but not much else. The cloak is pretty good at hiding whatever gender cues the nanobots that make up most of her body leave in their default state when she's concealed. As for her voice, it's pretty, but fairly androgynous, so that's your call. Kell could hear her as being either gender, or neither, fairly easily.

"In that case, what exactly is the purpose of what you're doing with those constructions?", the cyborg inquires, sounding rather curious. Her worlds didn't have anything like this, at least not that she ever saw in her current memories. "And what are the creatures that live in them?"

happyturtle
2012-05-31, 11:22 PM
In that case, Kell would assume female, as he comes from a strongly matriarchal society. "It's for the bees, ma'am. They build their hives here, and it allows us to gather the honey without destroying their home."

Lady Serpentine
2012-05-31, 11:31 PM
The hood of the cloak nods somewhat, as Trium, though her own motion is hidden, does the same within.

"I see. Honey being...?"

OrchestraHc
2012-05-31, 11:39 PM
And so the dog rolls in the pile of dead leaves and waste. Maggie notices the dog rolling in her compost and seems none too pleased. "Why you'm little rascally villain! Oi won' be gettin' in trouble fer yer playin' in moi compost!" She approaches intending to grab Mori.

Thel finds the dog absolutely hysterical. "Run Poochy, run!" he calls out. "Unless you fancy a harsh scrubbing before you're returned to master, eh wot?." He smacks his hands on the front of his legs. "C'mere you silly mutt," he says as he beckons the dog. Finishing off his apple to the core, he pulls out a blueberry scone from his pocket and breaks it in half. He eats one half on the spot and holds out the other as an offering for Mori.

happyturtle
2012-06-01, 12:00 AM
"Oh, honey is the gift of the Mother Bee! It is the sweetest and most wholesome of all foods, healing the sick and feeding the healthy." Kell says, his tone reverent.

Mori thinks this is a jolly good game, and doesn't seem to take being scolded very seriously at all. Omnomnom! Scone! =D

OrchestraHc
2012-06-01, 12:56 AM
"That's right you smelly ol' thing. Eat on up." Thelonius says affectionately petting at the dogs head as it eats out of his hand.

"You long eared varmint! Oi won't have neither of you messin' with moi gard'n!" Maggie yells as she brandishes a hand spade. "Yer gettin' a thwacking and that pooch is gettin' a bath!"

Thelonius laughs and stands up straight. "Looks like we're both in trouble now eh?" He claps his hand to keep the dogs attention as he starts to run from his mole-maid friend. "C'mon doggie, I've been avoiding ol' Mag's spade for years. I'm not getting hit now!"

Maggie gives chase, unable to keep from smiling.

happyturtle
2012-06-01, 01:05 AM
Mori runs alongside Thelonius, barking happily. She loves her boy, but he doesn't play noisy games nearly as often as he should, in Mori's canine opinion, so this is a delightful treat for her.

Lady Serpentine
2012-06-01, 01:10 AM
"I see. So it's a magical restorative, then? And gifted by a deity?", Trium inquires, peering at the beehives in an attempt to see any magic around them, which brings her face close enough to the front of the hood to reveal that it has various strange symbols tattooed, branded, and, in some cases, embedded, into and on it, though she's reasonably pretty if one doesn't mind that.

happyturtle
2012-06-01, 01:30 AM
Beehives

The magic of the hive consciousness and its connection to Kell is very faint and very much in tune with nature. It may be possible to detect it, but only if Trium's abilities are very sensitive.

"Be careful, ma'am. They can sting."

At present, the bees seem fairly calm. As long as they aren't disturbed, they won't attack.

OrchestraHc
2012-06-01, 01:50 AM
And so they romp through the cave woods. Thenlonius will have them zig-zagging through the trees to escape Maggie who can't run as fast as a hare-man and a hound.

"Not fair y'cheat'n, long ear, big foot, food scoffer!" Maggie calls after them, mostly out of breath, and struggling to keep up.

"My, my, do you hear what she's saying about you ol' bean?" he says acting like she's talking about Mori. "I for one think your ears and feet are a lovely size my dear. Don't let her get to you." Thelonius, being quite the skilled runner, has yet to get tired or run out of breath.

Ashen Lilies
2012-06-01, 05:33 AM
(Fill out the form and handwave that you have probationary approval?)

Hmmm... It's an option, but never mind that, because suddenly lightning strike! Yes, inside a cave. It makes perfect sense! As much sense as a forest inside a cave, anyway.

More seriously, a streaking flash of light arcs from a nearby cliff-top, bouncing off of the sea foam and racing into the cave which is WARDEN, tearing through the foliage and crashing somewhere deep inside the cavern, near the lake.

Lady Serpentine
2012-06-01, 05:52 AM
Hmmm... It's an option, but never mind that, because suddenly lightning strike! Yes, inside a cave. It makes perfect sense! As much sense as a forest inside a cave, anyway.

The forest within the cave is the byproduct of three extremely powerful (even for the Nexus) mages working together to create it, so there actually is a sort of sensible reason for it to exist. They also included a weather system, so that would actually be possible, should lightning and such ever end up being desirable for some reason...

(Also, just as a note, in case anyone was wondering why I was writing all this stuff about iElf's location, it was one (or three, depending on how you look at it) of my characters who made the place.)