PDA

View Full Version : For Whom The Bell Tolls

SirDalyus
2012-04-23, 02:16 PM
The Jüstankane Izakaya can't be found on a modern map of Roppongi. This ancient sake bar has lain in Rippongi for as long as It's regulars remember, which Is admitedly not long when the sake flows. The floors are coated In fine, tatami-matting, a luxurious darkwood bar commands the cental room, and the sounds of the streets are completely silenced as soon as the outer sliding doors are fully closed.

The central room is made up of two areas. A elavated platform forms the bar, whilst a ledge running around the outer wall serves as a table, and a prop. The bartender Is a massive hulk of a man, easily seven feet tall, who goes by the name of Sake. Sake Is a quitely spoken man of norse heritage and always seems to be gently wiping the bartop. He dresses non-descriptely, in a dark grey shirt, dark jeans and dark shoes. His only distingushing feature is a thunderstruck hammer tattoo on his right cheek.

Dispite Sake's lack of personality, the floorstaff more than make up for his grey monotomy. They stick to the unraised area of the bar, using the dumbwaiter to cart up food, and bring down drinks. Though everyone has seen Sake serving drinks, no one is sure where the food comes from. So far, no one has asked either. The floorstaff are all voluptous young woman, with vibrant hair and loud personalities. Why they choose to work for Sake is a mystery.

It's almost midnight, on the first day of the cherry blossom festivals, and there are almost no people remaining In the bar. The regulars have gone home, the residents have retired, and only the serious drinkers and the drifters remain.

sirshaunyus
2012-04-23, 02:48 PM
I stand by the bar, staring down at a glass of scotch i swill in my hand. I'm gonna have to put it on my tab, awfully long tab i'm developing.

(I don't know if this is bad RP etiquette but since my action hasn't been resolved yet i'm just gonna add some stuff)

After about half an hour of nursing my scotch i begin to engage sake in mumbled pleasantries, asking about the weather, the state of business and other typical mindless chatting topics of conversation.

Giarc
2012-04-23, 02:54 PM
Shikikan and his group of followers walk into the bar. He looks around for a seat and picks one while his followers all go off and sit at their own spots.

Jesse Drake
2012-04-23, 08:07 PM
Kyle steps in. His pitch black hair is slightly spiked, and his face void of any hair, save for a tiny soul patch. He wears his shades, despite the fact he's indoor, and its night, and his black t-shirt reads "Party Monster". He's not on duty, which means tonight he drinks. Setting roughly 8000 yen on the counter ahead of time, he tells Sake to "Just let 'em flow."

The music doesn't bug him too much, but he knows he has something better on hand. He pulls out his I-Pod, and puts on his non-magical turn table app. Kyle plays some music, and starts mixing it up a bit- there are plenty of pretty ladies in the bar tonight, and he wants to catch someone's attention- and there be they the floor girls, or the ladies who walked in with the older Japanese gentleman.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-04-24, 09:23 PM
Tyler enters the bar, eyeing each of the people somewhat suspiciously. He'd only been in Japan less than a week and he was already jumpy about places where groups of non-natives congregated. He approaches Sake, and relaxes a bit though. The tattoo was a good sign. He wasn't sure if they were kin or not, but any who wore those symbols might at least be friendly. He has a seat by the big man nursing the scotch.

"Anything you can recommend for a new arrival?" he asks him quietly in Japanese.

Talkin' to Ichiro, just to be clear.

sirshaunyus
2012-04-25, 08:25 AM
Ichiro turns to the man addressing him, looks him over and replies: "Ambrosia. Best cocktail you'll ever drink." He proceeds to gesture sake to come over.

"You wouldn't by any chance be willing to order a jug between us?" He asks as innocently as he can, downing his scotch in one and searching in his pockets, fishing out a cigarette, which he promptly lights, and just enough wealth for half an ambrosia.

"Anyone else up for splitting some ambrosia? he shouts across the bar, not waiting for the newbies reply.

Jesse Drake
2012-04-25, 09:05 AM
"What the hell. Make it two pitchers." If Tyler doesn't cover the other half, Kyle pays for that too. "Also, a pitcher- three pitchers of beer- you can keep the rest sir." Kyle turns to the other two, three frosted glasses in hand. "I'm Kyle Lyles, by the way... wanna drink?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-04-25, 10:34 AM
Tyler matches Ichiro's payment, then his eyes widen as Kyle jumps in to add to the order.

"Not as much as you do, apparently. Adolph's the given name, but please call me Tyler."

SirDalyus
2012-04-25, 10:36 AM
Sake looks Tyler up and down when he notices the westerner looking at his tattoo. The name of Tyler also piques his interest. He speaks to him, quitely,

"First time in Japan my friend?"

He scratches his tattoo before continuing to speak.

"What brings you here then? Pleasure or ..... business?"

As Sake pulls drinks for the newcomers, one of the floorstaff notices the clock above the door has jammed. She gets a mild shock when a blue spark travels from the clock and through her, causing her to fall to the floor.

You notice that the noise from the streets starts again, as if the world had just became unmuted.

The woman gets to her feet, and Is helped to the staffroom by the other waitress.

OOC:You may wish to make perception rolls. I'm waiting for our other two players to post, before I continue.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-04-25, 10:41 AM
Sake looks Tyler up and down when he notices the westerner looking at his tattoo. He speaks to him, quitely,

"First time in Japan my friend?"

He scratches his tattoo before continuing to speak.

"What brings you here then? Pleasure or ..... business?

As Sake pulls drinks for the newcomers, one of the floorstaff notices the clock above the door has jammed. She gets a mild shock when a blue spark travels from the clock and through her.

You notice that the noise from the streets starts again, as if the world had just became unmuted.
Tyler blinks and senses things begin to shift as the ring on his finger grew warm. He knew now something interesting was going on.

"You bet. Nonstop flight from Minneapolis. I'm here on business. Family business."

Who needs Perception rolls when you've got Perfect Timing? :smallbiggrin:

sirshaunyus
2012-04-25, 10:52 AM
Ichiro is surprised that his attempt to squeeze one more drink from the evening has borne so much fruit. He raises a glass in toast "To visitors, may the liquor flow all night!" Ichiro ignores the blue spark in order to down more of the soothing alcohol. Between gulps he begins to speak: "Tyler, Kyle- I'm Ichiro" *he belches loudly* "...and perhaps slightly drunk." he adds as an afterthought.

SirDalyus
2012-04-25, 10:56 AM
Tyler:It's currently five minutes past midnight. However you've not heard the bells from the nearby clocktower, and the time on the clock Is thirteen minutes to midnight.

"Family business?"

Sake looks deep in though for a moment, before shrugging.

"As a warden, I don't imagine you'd know of Fenris?"

sirshaunyus
2012-04-25, 11:02 AM
When Ichiro is done guzzling down his beer, he'll make a perception check.

Jesse Drake
2012-04-25, 11:06 AM
"Ha ha, apparently not. I'm just doing some light drinking myself." Kyle sketches a staff and some grapes on his glass, and smiles at Ichiro's comment. "That's what I like to hear my friend-" He scoots an entire pitcher in front of him. Then Sake speaks- he looks up, not stopping drinking. "Huh? What's up with talking about mythology? Heh heh- I didn't exactly peg you as the nerdy type."

SirDalyus
2012-04-25, 11:46 AM
Sake stares at Kyle, before slapping a hand to his tattoo.

"Only fools ignore their roots. And I am no fool."

The bartender rings a small bell, and on of the energetic floorstaff eagerly jumps up the stairs, cartwheels across the raised floor, only to gracefully leapfrog over Kyle's head. Sake throws her a look, before bowing to the assembled drinkers.

"Excuse me, but I must attend to my injured employee."

Sake vaults over the bar effortlessly, jumps down from the platform noiselessly, and then eloquently walks into the back room.

The woman who replaced Sake could not be more different. She is wearing black shorts and a bright purple shirt. Her hair is tied into a bun, which draws your attention to her face. She is stunningly beautiful.

"Sorry about that. You may call me Violet. How can I serve you gentlemen?

She looks at Kyle and laughs as recognition sinks in.

"Considering what I've heard about your reputation I'll restate my words. How may I serve you, alcohol or food?"

sirshaunyus
2012-04-25, 11:59 AM
I roll perception to see if there's anything else unusual about the lady serving us.

"You guys do food? Well I'll be damned, i could do with something to eat..." says Ichiro as he downs the last of his drink.

Turning to kyle;"Is this a western thing? Am i in the company of a celebrity tonight?"

SirDalyus
2012-04-25, 12:06 PM
"I appologise sir. You of course would not have heard of DJ Kyle Lyes. He's big in the west."

She looks Kyle, with a sparkle in her eyes.

" Though less big here. And of course we do food, though you need to tell us what you would like.

OOC:[roll0]

sirshaunyus
2012-04-25, 12:28 PM
"Well that food is gonna have to remain a dream of mine, unless you've become a charitable organisation suddenly." Ichiro stares unhappily at the dregs remaining of his drinks.

Giarc
2012-04-25, 12:33 PM
Shikikan turns to Violet "I would prefer food and perhaps some sake to drink, though all my followers want are some drinks." One by one, his followers ask for various types of sake.

SirDalyus
2012-04-25, 01:00 PM
"Your drinks will be brought over shortly. Would you like your sake hot or cold?"

Violet wolf whistles, and two more girls join her. One of them has long, bright red hair, which seems to gently sway with the slightest suggestion of movement. The other has short deep blue hair. The two new girls are dressed identically to Violet, save for having shirts the same colour as their hair.

"A recurring theme here is names. This blue haired girl Is Azure.

"Hello", the girl says, bowing nervously.

"And unfortunately this is Scarlet."

The other girl grins. "Wotcha"

Giarc
2012-04-25, 01:06 PM
"I would like my sake hot please." His followers all mouth off for how they want their sake while Shikikan looks at the clock and then at Violet. "Would it be alright if I ask your clock a few questions?"

Jesse Drake
2012-04-25, 01:08 PM
"Why so glum Ichiro? Violet, sweetie. He'll have some chicken wings, and sake for us all- if y'all aren't having a good time then neither am I" Kyle reaches for some more yen... he could live with eating ramen all week.

SirDalyus
2012-04-25, 01:23 PM
Violet laughs at the strange request.

"You can ask it anything stranger, but you'll have to wrestle It from the wall first."

Jesse Drake
2012-04-25, 01:30 PM
"Beg pardon beautiful? I'm not quite sure if I'm translating right..."

sirshaunyus
2012-04-25, 01:31 PM
Ichiro flashes Kyle a toothy grin "You sir, are a genuine saint." Ichiro turns to look at the would be clock whisperer while trying to smell the food cooking in the kitchen.

Turning to face Violet "This might be a rude thing to ask, but what are you guys? In the mythological sense."

SirDalyus
2012-04-25, 01:34 PM
Violet flutters her eyelashes at Ichiro.

"I know you look old sir, but I didn't realise woman didn't exist In the stone age."

sirshaunyus
2012-04-25, 01:36 PM
"I'll take that as me overstepping my mark, either that or anime really is right about how western women look."

Giarc
2012-04-25, 02:29 PM
Shikikan walks up to the clock and lightly pokes it with his cane. "Are you awake?"

SirDalyus
2012-04-25, 02:35 PM
The clock raises It's hands to protect itself.

"I'm a clock! I'm a clock. I ain't ever seen a wake I promise you! I just keep 'em ticking, steady as you please. I ain't lost a second since I was hung, lemmi' tell you."

The clocks hands return to thier proper place.

"Wazza Wake anyways Mr Cane?

Giarc
2012-04-25, 03:04 PM
"Never mind about that. Tell me, why did you shock that woman before?"

SirDalyus
2012-04-25, 03:11 PM
The clock looks at Shikikan in confusion.

"Come again? If I could shock people, that big guy'd be dead. Dead I tell you. Every time Imma thinking about taking It easy, having a break, he stares at me. I've lost half a second in the last six months and he's still glaring you know?"

The clocks hands whirl for a second.

"I mean, the last clock he got lost one second In a year. An then he took It out back with his hammer and he......"

The clock sobs.

Giarc
2012-04-25, 03:40 PM
"Err. There there, it's okay. Have you noticed anything usual happen around here lately?"

SirDalyus
2012-04-25, 04:14 PM
"Well the belltower loses an hour every night at midnight. I'd call that disgraceful. And no one seems to notice! Even watches who's owners come in don't seem to notice."

The clocks hands spin.

"I mean even those digital watches who's people come in are at the right time, but the people then set them forwards! Madness.

The clock whispers to Shikikan.

"Even the big guy's noticed. After he put some magic in me to keep me accurate he's became quieter and quieter. The colourful things are doing there best to keep this clock madness out of the bar."

The clock leers at Scarlett

"Even though some of them insist on going out at night!"

Scarlett laughs at the clock.

sirshaunyus
2012-04-25, 04:41 PM
I look round to the man in the cane. "Ok, **** it- i need to get this out of the way right now, brash or not: we've all got some divine relation in the family; right?" He shakes his head as if sloughing off rain. "I guess it's generally considered impolite to just blurt it out, but clock man has brought round my curious side."

After a moments pause he adds "And where are my bloody chicken wings?"

SirDalyus
2012-04-25, 04:47 PM
Scarlett flashes a toothy grin at the snappy man. Far too much tooth.

"Don't know what your talking about, bub. I ain't got no divine In me."

She laughs.

"Most nights. Sake's a saint though, a lovely guy."

Jesse Drake
2012-04-25, 05:30 PM
Kyle stares at Ichiro for a moment- he knows for a fact there are divine beings out there. Could Ichiro be one of them? And Clock Guy? He then says it, with a laugh. "Actually, my father is Dionysus, Party God. And as his son, its my job to see that you get those damn chicken wings. You are a... distinguished man. You should get what you want, right now. Now, what do we have to do to wrestle up some grub!?" Kyle smiles wide to the three colorful ladies.

Even though you've lost no lost willpower, Blessing of Importance on ya Ichiro. This semi celebrity is making sure Ichiro has a good night- he might even get him laid. Anyways, Legend spent.

Giarc
2012-04-25, 05:53 PM
Shikikan turns and faces the others. "I am Shikikan Ikasu, Scion of Hachiman." He bows lightly. "Pleased to meet you and these..." He directs to the women he came in with. "Are my followers granted by my divine parent. If any of you try anything with them, I will break you in half."

"Now then, if any of you want to, you may ask the clock some questions."

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-04-25, 08:57 PM
At the mention of Fenris, Tyler places his gun on the table, the tiwaz rune logo of Fenris Arms easily visible on the grip.

"That answer your question?" he says, and then he returns the gun to its' holster.

He's a bit stunned by the sudden and blatant use of boons done by the others, but it provides some reassurance that the others here are in the know. No need for all that doublespeak.

"You sure we should be doing that stuff in public? Someone could walk in, you know. If we were out in the woods it'd be a different matter, but..."

Ichiro finishes his thoughts for him.

Lemme reintroduce myself. Adolph Tyler, Minnesota Department of Wildlife and Scion of Tyr."

He looks at the clock.

"I thought something weird was going on. My ring was getting warm, and it only does that when something alters the passage of time. What you're describing sounds like something I heard in a video game. Is there some sort of "thirteenth hour" you've become aware of?"

sirshaunyus
2012-04-26, 10:31 AM
Ichiro reels for a moment at Kyle's compliment before launching into a hearty laugh: "It's been a long time since somebody tried to call me something quite so positive as distinguished." He appears ready to discuss his parentage when an idea occurs to him. Ichiro reaches into his breast pocket and produces a demonic looking iron mask, hastily affixing it to his head he clears his throat and speaks in his oni-voice.

"I am Ichiro, son of Raiden- god of storms and admirer of navels." The mask is hastily removed from his head and placed back into its pocket. In a melodic shout "So, you totally normal women, how about those chicken wings and another round of ambrosia to celebrate such an unlikely encounter!"

Finally Ichiro turns to face the clock, awaiting its answer to its most recent question, but covertly studying the three ladies for inhuman traits.

OOC:
[roll0] with 1 auto success

Jesse Drake
2012-04-26, 10:37 AM
"See- this is the perfect time to celebrate- let's get another drink, on me. That's the last one though, I promise. Another pitcher of Ambrosia, though that's the last one, I promise. After this, I'm done with buying drinks- I promise." Kyle was a bit drunk already, and began repeating himself a bit, but he still pulled out the right amount of money, plus a tip, for the drinks. Even when he blows all his cash in one go, he's never had a problem finding a good meal every day. Though, he wasn't entirely broke yet, he was sure that unless something happened, he might not be done buying drinks tonight.

After ordering, he finally responds, albeit delayed. "Thirteenth hour huh? What's that exactly?" There seemed to be some sort of sub-consciousness acting for Kyle, as he seemed to be clear as day when asking that.

SirDalyus
2012-04-26, 12:35 PM
Azure answers the question, and her cheeks start to gently flush.

"We uh...don't know what It Is. At all. The only people who can leave at this time are the Scions. Sake can't leave the bar, and Scarlett has an unfortunate problem. The rest of us are mere shinobi.

Sake chooses this moment to return. He has a shining brone curiass on, cargo trousers reinforced with metal plates, and a pole axe strapped across his back.

"I overheard your talking. I may, answer your questions better than my servants, but In truth I know not more. I know this much.

Sake unstrapes his pole axe, and uses It to etch a circle into the floor. You then see three people in the circle.

A tall, gaunt, pale faced giant of a man wearing a crisp black suit, black leather gloves, a red undershirt, a top hat with red ribbon and who carries a silver etched cane. His eyes are hidden by the pool of shadow his hat creates.

A petite woman, with bright blond hair and light blue eyes. Who easily carries a two-handed sword as If It was a childs toy. She Is dressed much as the girls In the bar are, and she Is the focus of the circles image.

An average sized man, of african origin. He is dressed as If from the 70's, with purple bell bottomed jeans, a velvet waistcoat and a psychedelic tshirt. An afro with comb, and platform shoes complete the look. He has been captured mid-smoke, his hands encapuslated in brutal gauntlets rather than the gloves that you might expect.

"They are know as Denizen Macabre, Alyss Noir and Nova. They are my closest friends on this world. And while they are stuck out there.

He points at the door.

"I am forced to stay here. I am the only reason this place hasn't fallen Into the Underworld."

In the circle a new Image shows. It Is of five people, fighting furiously against a shadowy figure.

"When I leave my refuge, this place will fall completely Into the Underworld. I need someone to go out there, and kill this thing...

Sake pokes the shadow, making the surface of the image ripple.

".....and mabye then I can repair the damage done by It.

Sake shakes his head.

"I suppose If I expect you to help me, I need you to trust me. I am Sake, Son of the Storm Lord Marduk.

sirshaunyus
2012-04-26, 01:53 PM
Ichiro looks into the circle, his neck and arms beginning to twitch. It halts suddenly as he speaks "How do we know you're genuine with your claims? I've met a lot more cheating scions than i have foul monsters."

After a moment of pondering he asks: "we're still alive though, right? When you mess with the underworld it helps to make sure you're still alive".

As he begins to go through the words spoken by sake. "You refer to yourself separately from the Denizen Macabre, so they're not your band-mates, how do you know each other?"

Finally Ichiro sighs, produces his kanabo from inside his trousers, turns it around in his hand before telling Sake to "Start from the beginning, leave nothing out, your expected errand boys will figure out what's important to know."

OOC:
I roll sense motive on Sake and the shinobi to see if they reacted to hearing a falsehood.
[roll0] with 1 auto success

Giarc
2012-04-26, 01:55 PM
Shikikan watches Sake and nods. "If we are to help you, we must know everything you know about this creature. It is unwise to fight what you do not know. If you have anything that might help us end it, please let us know."

sirshaunyus
2012-04-26, 02:13 PM
Turning to the girls (isn't shinobi the word for a male ninja?) "oh yeah, what's scarlet's problem then?"

SirDalyus
2012-04-26, 03:17 PM
Sake sighs.

"From the start. Nova picked up resonences. That was how he tracks down threats. The stronger the bad vibes, the stronger the titan's presense. He got in touch with Denizen Macabre. Denizen Macabre is a goto man for us bandless scions. If we need cash, or credit, we get In touch with him. If we are needed, he gets in touch with us.

Sake sighs, and pulls up a chair.

"Now these vibes Nova gets? These were the strongest he'd ever recieved, and the man spent his youth fighting the Hands of Aten. So Denizen calls up Alyss and I. We were the strongest scions nearby, and more importantly we were the only ones that could be trusted. When we got here I met up with Scarlett. We spent the night here. Then the night set In."

Sake stirs the circle, and you see flickering images. Titanspawn roaming the streets, scions being slain, and a green wall flickering into existance around the city.

"The thing is that green wall Is blocking divine interferance. I can't converse with my patron, and I have a great deal more Ichor than you do. That only means one thing."

Scarlett stretches, before rejoining the conversation.

"That means that something from Atlantis has been brought here. That means that this place has became a beacon for titanspawn. Which Is where I come In. I'm an expert in Atalantian relics. You find out what this artifact is, then we can plan our next step."

Giarc
2012-04-26, 03:44 PM
Shikikan puts his hand to his chin and thinks hard about the creature and what the artifact could be.

sirshaunyus
2012-04-26, 03:44 PM
Ichiro slumps slowly throughout Sake's speech before finally, collapsing his head into his hands at the mention of Atlantean relics. "Look, i can't help- my ichor's as thin as it gets *Ichiro stiffens suddenly, standing bolt upright* "Fate did this, it saw me neglecting my divine half and now it's thrown me into the ****... Could we not go find some demigods to deal with this? I mean i've fought the occasional titanspawn before, but not like this...never like this..."

Ichiro shuts up suddenly, realising he's rambling to himself. His face turns grim and sour. "...And still no damn chicken wings, what is wrong with this place!"

Jesse Drake
2012-04-26, 03:45 PM
Kyle looks up to Sake, and nods in belief. "I've personally met no one who meant me any harm, foul monsters aside. I've met a Scion of Hel once... whooo, boy, nasty birthmark on half her face aside, she was a bad one. Not to mention... anyways, I believe ya Sake. Sake, Scarlet. How do we find this relic? Any clues- or do we just follce ow the trouble to its source and let things happen as they do?" True, he barely understood most of what Sake was talking about, but he got that last bit, and it seemed the most important.

SirDalyus
2012-04-26, 04:44 PM
Sake laughs. It's the first sign of emotion you've seen from the stoic barkeep.

"You'll do fine, you already sound like I did when I first began to fight the Titans. Now for the important part. I don't have any information for you. I can't leave the bar, because my Ichor would attract the attention of the bigger and nasier titanspawn. That means that Denizen, Nova and Alyss will be holed up in their refuges as well. I would search for them during the day. During this hour though, you can explore the darkside of town. It's sort of half-way between the underworld and earth, so If you see anyone around, bring them back here, to safety.

Sake scratches his chin.

"You won't be able to leave the city, and scions won't be able to enter or exit the city either. We are all stuck here, until we die or we fight our way out. As for what to do first? Scarlett, any ideas?"

Scarlett thinks for a while, before sitting on the counter.

"I'd look for support first. Find allies, weapons, mabye even Denizen and co. Then, I'd try to find the artifact."

"I dunno If this will help you with all that stuff, but the clocktowers got the same kind of thing happening to It as you did to me. I can feel It's spirit more clearly now."

sirshaunyus
2012-04-26, 05:11 PM
Ichiro begins to twitch, anticipating violence. "I've got Kutsuu right here, i'm as prepared as I'm gonna get for tonight. I say we go to the clocktower, shikikan speaks to its kami and then we can see about gathering our forces at first light."

Ichiro marches to the door but doesn't move to open it- "Far as i see this ain't gonna get solved without us making our move, that makes our time precious. I'm ready to knock heads and take names, if not die in the name of amateur heroics."

Ichiro shakes with anticipation...or fear.

Giarc
2012-04-26, 05:17 PM
Shikikan thinks as to what the artifact could be.
[roll0] With one auto success. Can I spend a legend point to reroll that?

SirDalyus
2012-04-26, 05:25 PM
OOC:Yes, yes you can.

Giarc
2012-04-26, 05:28 PM
Shikikan realizes that a tea cup probably wouldnʻt be causing all of this and thinks again.
[roll0] With one auto success.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-04-26, 08:57 PM
Sake sighs.

"From the start. Nova picked up resonences. That was how he tracks down threats. The stronger the bad vibes, the stronger the titan's presense. He got in touch with Denizen Macabre. Denizen Macabre is a goto man for us bandless scions. If we need cash, or credit, we get In touch with him. If we are needed, he gets in touch with us.

Sake sighs, and pulls up a chair.

"Now these vibes Nova gets? These were the strongest he'd ever recieved, and the man spent his youth fighting the Hands of Aten. So Denizen calls up Alyss and I. We were the strongest scions nearby, and more importantly we were the only ones that could be trusted. When we got here I met up with Scarlett. We spent the night here. Then the night set In."

Sake stirs the circle, and you see flickering images. Titanspawn roaming the streets, scions being slain, and a green wall flickering into existance around the city.

"The thing is that green wall Is blocking divine interferance. I can't converse with my patron, and I have a great deal more Ichor than you do. That only means one thing."

Scarlett stretches, before rejoining the conversation.

"That means that something from Atlantis has been brought here. That means that this place has became a beacon for titanspawn. Which Is where I come In. I'm an expert in Atalantian relics. You find out what this artifact is, then we can plan our next step."
Tyler watches all this with awe and concern, but at the mention of Atlantis he snorts.

"Donnelly was a kook. There's no Atlantis. The Antediluvian World was a bunch of speculative bull."

Jesse Drake
2012-04-27, 10:57 PM
Kyle smiles. "Now, I wouldn't call anyone a kook. We are all children of not one set of gods but quite a few, being served by Shinobi, and in the presence of a man who was talking to a clock. I'd bet that the whole Atlantis thing has some backing to it."

SirDalyus
2012-05-07, 04:03 PM
Sake shrugs, and the muscles In his shoulders ripple.

"Horrors roam the street, dark things have this city In their grasp and strange tidings line the skys. Can we at least agree that something strange Is afoot? If you still lack faith, venture outside and see what has been wrought."

Giarc
2012-05-07, 05:49 PM
After thinking for a while, Shikikan nods to himself. "This artifact could be taking the shape of an anchor or a time piece. One of the two for it binds this location to the underworld and does it at a certain time. The museum currently has a Mayan exhibit we could check and there is that new club thing with a naval theme."

Shikikan looks at the assembled party. "We should attempt to seek out some allies to help us with this task. Afterwards, we can either split into two groups and check both sites at once or we can all go as one group to one site."

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-05-07, 08:53 PM
"I'd recommend sticking together. No matter how strong you are, your pack makes you stronger."

Jesse Drake
2012-05-07, 09:09 PM
Kyle looks around. "Well, we don't have to split up, but we will be rolling hood deep around these parts if we don't... I mean, I don't exactly know Japanese law well, but I'm sure we'd constitute a gang." He looks at all the followers and then says "So, I am a bit curious... anyone wanna go with me to check outside?"

sirshaunyus
2012-05-08, 06:28 AM
I look at kyle and nod in approval at his idea "While I say we should stick together-at least until we can appreciate the scope of this awfulness-there's something to be said for checking outside, taking in the brisk air and doing some violence". The big man is a mass of shivers and twitches as he stares intensely at the door.

Giarc
2012-05-11, 04:08 AM
"It is agreed then. We shall go as one unit." Shikikan looks at Sake. "Do you have any leads or suggestions as to where we should start looking for allies or what to watch for?

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-05-11, 10:58 AM
I look at kyle and nod in approval at his idea "While I say we should stick together-at least until we can appreciate the scope of this awfulness-there's something to be said for checking outside, taking in the brisk air and doing some violence". The big man is a mass of shivers and twitches as he stares intensely at the door.
"Easy there, big guy."

Tyler looks at the others.

"Ready when you guys are."

SirDalyus
2012-05-15, 06:50 AM
A deep fog has rolled over Rippongi, blanketing the city In deep, grey clouds which chase and bite at your ankles as you walk. Cars litter the roads frozen In mid-motion, and strange white markings litter the roads. A faint tingle is the only noise that you can hear, other than the heavy breathing of your companions.