PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Deepwood Sniper (Ranger Archetype)

Valkyn Dracon
2012-04-30, 12:23 AM
Deepwood Sniper (Ranger Archetype) - Version 3
Original Appearance: Prestige Class in Masters of the Wild (WotC #88164)
Conversion by: Valkyn Highwind

Magic Weapon (Sp): At 1st level, the character can produce an effect identical to that of a magic weapon spell cast by a cleric of her deepwood sniper level. At 8th level, this effect becomes greater magic weapon. This ability is usable once per day on projectile weapons only. This feature replaces Track and Swift Tracker.

Range Increment Bonus (Ex): With each level the deepwood sniper gains, the range increments of her projectile weapons increase by +5 feet (added after all multipliers). Thus, a 20th-level deepwood sniper using a composite longbow with the distance property would have a 320-foot range increment (110 feet x 2.0 + 100 feet). This feature replaces Wild Empathy.

Accuracy: At 3rd level, the deepwood sniper gains Weapon Focus with a ranged projectile weapon of their choice as a bonus feat. This feature replaces Endurance.

Take Aim (Ex): A 7th-level deepwood sniper can gain a +2 bonus on her attack rolls against a stationary target by aiming carefully. Taking aim is a full round action, and if the target moves more than 5 feet during that period, the bonus is lost. No additional benefit exists for spending more than 1 round aiming. This bonus increases to +4 at 11th level. This bonus applies only to the first shot made or until the end of her next turn. This feature replaces Woodland Stride.

Keen Arrows (Ex): At 9th level, all projectiles the deepwood sniper fires behave as if they were keen weapons in addition to any other properties they might possess. Thus, a normal arrow fired by a deepwood sniper has a threat range of 19 - 20 instead of 20, and the critical multiplier increase by +1. At 16th level, the critical threat range increases to 17 - 20. This effect does not stack with any other keen effect. This feature replaces Evasion and Improved Evasion.

Valkyn Dracon
2012-05-02, 10:56 PM
I made quite a few changes to the original post, and I'm bringing this back to the attention of those that have seen it or missed it the first time.

Cieyrin
2012-05-04, 10:51 AM
Keen Arrows does things Keen doesn't, as it normally only doubles the crit threat, not increase the crit modifier or further increase. I'd separate the crit mod from it to less confusion.

I'm not sure of the utility of Take Aim, as it seems a lot of effort whereas you could chug a potion of True Strike in the same time for a better bonus and negate concealment at a fairly reasonable price. I suppose it is reusable, though, so I don't know.

I'd suggest limiting DS Rangers to Archery or Crossbow Combat Styles, since they're so focused on ranged combat anyways.

Valkyn Dracon
2012-05-04, 11:13 AM
Whoops on Take Aim. Here's what it should've said.

Take Aim (Ex): A 7th-level deepwood sniper can gain a +2 bonus on her attack and damage rolls against a stationary target by aiming carefully. Taking aim is a full round action, and if the target moves more than 5 feet during that period, the bonus is lost. No additional benefit exists for spending more than 1 round aiming. This bonus increases to +4 at 11th level. This bonus applies only to the first shot made or until the end of her next turn. This feature replaces Woodland Stride.