PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition II Voting Thread

Tanuki Tales
2012-04-30, 11:13 PM
{table=head]Entry|Author|Votes|MLTSP Votes

Sanguine Inquisitor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12992060&postcount=6)|Milo V3|2|0

Paranormal Seeker (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13085266&postcount=8)|Golden Ladybug|0|1

The Grey Men (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13152036&postcount=10)|TARDIS|0|1

[/table]

Welcome one and all to the Voting thread for the second Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition! We have three wonderful entries for you to peruse over and only one will end up taking home the gold!

Now, the way the voting for this competition works is as follows:

You receive two votes to cast.
The first vote is to be given to the entry that you believe should win this competition. Keep in mind that such a choice should go to the entry that you believe fits most closely to the given concept of the contest and not just the entry you like the most.
The second vote is to be given to the entry that you believe is "Most Likely to See Play". This vote is cast for the entry that you could see yourself allowing as a DM or you could see yourself wanting to and being allowed to play at an actual game session by your DM.
You may apply both votes to the same entry, but doing this does not better the chances of that entry winning anymore than if you selected two separate entries.
Once you make your vote, that's final. You can not take it back or change it. The first vote I see and tally on the scoreboard is how it will be until the end of the voting period.
Entrants are allowed to vote and can vote for their own entries if they so wish.
Please give reasoning for why you selected an entry as the recipient of either of your votes.
Please Bold your choice for each vote.
In the case of any ties I will cast the tiebreaker vote.

The voting will remain open through May 7th and the winners will be declared May 8th.

Milo v3
2012-05-01, 12:40 AM
Vote: Sanguine Inquisitor
Aside from the fact that it is my entry I think it fits the theme of Gothic Horror with its corrupting nature, blood themed powers, and its medieval templar flavour. These together make it slightly lovecraftian, especially in addition to the Whispers in the Dark ability. The mechanic's seem sound and in the upper area's of tier 3.

MLTSP: The Gray Men
I can truly see myself writing a horror and intrigue campaign with this creature being the man behind all the problems. A living idea of doubt, mistrust and curiosity. This would be a great Eldritch Abomination to send against my players.

Golden Ladybug
2012-05-01, 09:28 AM
Vote: Sanguine Inquisitor

While I can't say I like the Blood Points (completely arbitrary dislike, to be honest. The name annoys me a little), it is a well built class, with some interesting ideas behind it. The flavor is very cool and slightly eerie, and the power over blood angle, along with the heretic hunter fluff, make for a very unique character class.

MLTSP: The Paranormal Seeker

While I still don't think my entry fits the theme very well, it does provide some good options to go kick magic users in the face and ruin their days. For that reason, it could see a bit of play just in the efforts of people to counter enemy spellcasters, albeit in a limited way.

Tanuki Tales
2012-05-01, 11:27 AM
Tallied to here.

Tanuki Tales
2012-05-05, 10:46 AM
Two days left of this contest and it's still anyone's race!

Tanuki Tales
2012-05-07, 09:11 AM
Last day to vote!

Tanuki Tales
2012-05-08, 10:39 PM
Voting is closed and congratulations to those who won!

1st Place - Sanguine Inquisitor

2nd Place - The Grey Men

3rd Place - Paranormal Seeker

Most Likely to See Play - The Grey Men