PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on "Bard Magic"

Zap Dynamic
2012-05-01, 02:51 PM
Freddie's story didn't start all that long ago. He was just a young man who left the monastery to live the life of an adventurer. Now he was Freddie the Bard, who traveled with the Queen's Men to do Her Majesty's Will.

Each of these brave men had lives all their own. There was Brian the Wizard, who tolled the bells of Wisdom and Power. John the Rogue, who struck from the shadows and could hide in plain sight. Finally, Roger the Shield, who anchored them and kept them all from harm. The four of them had told their own stories, and now had come together. Their deeds made up such a magnificent tapestry as to guide all of humanity. No one understood that like Freddie, who lived for the story such that it sent pangs to his heart.

He gathered the beauty of the stories together, held them in his heart, and let forth with such a pure and heartfelt note that it cast a spell over all who heard it. Theirs was more than the strength of steel, or the power of magic: theirs was the strength of dreams.

---

I looked around for where I should post this, and this was the most appropriate place. I picture the stories reaching out like Donnie Darko tentacles, each reaching out for Freddie who concentrates it and unleashes it on the world. Thoughts?

Wyntonian
2012-05-02, 09:04 AM
This is really cool. I hadn't really thought of bards as storytellers to any significant degree, but this is cool.

Analytica
2012-05-25, 07:00 PM
The show must go on. :smallbiggrin: