PDA

View Full Version : 403 Forbidden [Error]

Story Time
2012-05-02, 07:29 AM
"You don't have permission to access /forums/private.php on this server."

That's what I'm told by the forum soft-ware, at any rate. This error comes up when trying to submit a private message. The preview option seems to function normally. If any administrator would like to see a screen-shot, I can provide one.

Thank you for your attention. I really wish that I had better news to share.

And...then it went away. I was able to send a private message after restarting the system. A fluke browser error? ???:smallconfused:???

I'll post if it happens again. :smallfrown:

NerfTW
2012-05-02, 01:34 PM
It's a default server message that thinks you're trying to do an injection attack or some such. Do you have the word lynx in your message? (Note that I was able to post it by putting bold tags in the middle of the word to split it up. You can do that for any of the "suspect" words)

Basically, one of the words in your message is tripping a security check. It's usually the L word. It might be something else. Try rewording your message.

Socratov
2012-05-02, 01:57 PM
funny, I've had that when I wanted to see some moved threads...:smallconfused:

NerfTW
2012-05-02, 04:45 PM
funny, I've had that when I wanted to see some moved threads...:smallconfused:

In that instance, it's because it's been moved to a mod only forum for review but hasn't been deleted. Usually in cases where there's a lot of violating posts to remove, but they want the thread to stay, I'd assume.

Pokonic
2012-05-02, 05:18 PM
Basically, one of the words in your message is tripping a security check. It's usually the L word. It might be something else. Try rewording your message.

Wait, L word? Which one is that, exactly?:smallconfused:

Zherog
2012-05-02, 05:34 PM

Lynx, just as Nerf mentioned in his post.

Another known culprit is a colon followed by two spaces.

Kobold-Bard
2012-05-02, 05:34 PM

Lynx. IIRC it triggers when you post it followed by a space.

Pokonic
2012-05-02, 11:41 PM
Ahh, thank you both.:smallsmile:

Story Time
2012-05-03, 01:04 AM
I've been trying to wrack my brain thinking of what word or combinations of words that I could have used to set off the system that way. I did alter the private message that I wanted to send and that alteration may have been what allowed the message to be accepted, but I have no idea what words I removed that might have been responsible.

In any case, it appears through recent use that private messages are being sent and received relative to my In-Box. So, if a friendly administrator wishes to lock this thread, I have no complaint. :smallsmile:

Have a good day, too, every-one. :smallsmile:

Roland St. Jude
2012-05-08, 10:03 PM
...In any case, it appears through recent use that private messages are being sent and received relative to my In-Box. So, if a friendly administrator wishes to lock this thread, I have no complaint. :smallsmile:...

So it shall be done.