PDA

View Full Version : Daemon's Seal Discussion

Virdish
2012-05-02, 02:36 PM
So the title says it all. I have a fair amount of material put together for my campaign setting (which I will link when I am on a computer and not my Droid) however I am having real difficulties putting on the finishing touches. I have a couple of posts up with my campaign setting in mind but when it comes down to crunch I don't know the system well enough to make it work. So I decided that I need a partner. I'd be opening up every section of my campaign setting to tweaks that were decided together even the fluff side to flesh things out a little more. If one person wants to get involved I would be overjoyed however the more the better. So here it is. Please someone help me really get my campaign setting off of the ground.

Daemons Seal (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238404)

Some of the big things I'm looking for help on is Class's, some unique feats, race balance, and the mechanics behind removing the alignment system in favor of a Daemon/Pantheon alignment.

Races (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240571) Very incomplete.

Other things I would like help on is from a flavour standpoint pointing out things that feel wrong or contrived or any other such thing.

I'm working on putting together a sorcerer esque class right now that uses sla's. (To balance this they only get up to seventh level spells). I also need to make a Daemon equivalent Cleric, Paladin, and any other divine caster we decide to include.

Thomar_of_Uointer
2012-05-02, 10:25 PM
It would help if you could post the material along with a specific list of what rules help you need.

Virdish
2012-05-02, 11:19 PM
Updated the top post now that I am on my comp

Thomar_of_Uointer
2012-05-02, 11:59 PM
Is this for 3.5 or Pathfinder? I recommend Pathfinder, it has a lot of really well-written and well-balanced classes. You can also use the race building guide to make races easily.

Virdish
2012-05-03, 12:16 AM
I don't have any experience with pathfinder so 3.5 would be my preferred as I would have to learn pathfinder before running a game with it.

Xechon
2012-05-03, 11:42 AM
Looking over your content and requests, I'll say I am intrigued. You can count me in if you want. Just tell me what needs to be done and throw me some fluff and I'll try to work it out.

Virdish
2012-05-03, 11:50 AM
Welcome aboard. I'll pm you with some fluffy bits for the daemon equivalent cleric.

Empedocles
2012-05-03, 12:05 PM
Happy to help, if you'll have me :smallsmile:

Interested in working on classes, races, and maybe fluff.

Virdish
2012-05-03, 01:55 PM
I'll send you a pm about the Narzal Vilpich and you can have the Lira. I have no inspiration where they are concerned and they feel so bland compared to the other races. They are the "Tech savy" race. They created all of the electrasteel lights, guns, and what not. They also created the Teral through alchemy. Other then that they are yours.

Empedocles
2012-05-03, 02:00 PM
I'll send you a pm about the Narzal Vilpich and you can have the Lira. I have no inspiration where they are concerned and they feel so bland compared to the other races. They are the "Tech savy" race. They created all of the electrasteel lights, guns, and what not. They also created the Teral through alchemy. Other then that they are yours.

Sounds good :smallsmile: Do you have images of them? And if not, can I grab some? I have a lot of trouble making races without at least vague concept art.

Virdish
2012-05-03, 02:07 PM
Your fine to grab any concept art for them that you want. They are a blank field. I can find something for the Narzal that sort of fits but I've found nothing that gets across what I see in them.

Edit: For the Lira when you decide to tackle them or when someone else does. They sequestered themselves to the second continent past a damn near uncrossable ocean and only returned about 300 years ago so little is known about what happened to them after the Daemon Wars and only them and the Teral know that they created the Teral.

Empedocles
2012-05-03, 02:50 PM
Narzul exist. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13170347#post13170347) And I renamed them by accident, but I personally like narzul more then narzal. Per your request, I'll change it back.

Virdish
2012-05-03, 02:59 PM
We will stick With Narzul it flows better then the original.

Empedocles
2012-05-03, 08:19 PM
just so you know, I made the narzul's skin black :smallsmile:

Virdish
2012-05-03, 10:17 PM
Awesome. I started the work on The Uazi. They should be done by tomorrow.

Virdish
2012-05-03, 11:24 PM
The Uazi (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241984) exist too

Xechon
2012-05-05, 05:17 PM
Clerics (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242097) have been defined. PROBABLY overpowered, but...

I changed a lot of things, so I completely understand if you don't like some of it, just tell me and I'll get it changed.

Virdish
2012-05-05, 06:26 PM
It is OP though I like how modular it is. I don't know what could come down, perhaps limiting access to 7th level spells at max.

Xechon
2012-05-05, 09:27 PM
I can do what I planned to before and slim down the spell list to buffs, wards, and curses only, then leave the rest to domains. Possibly take down casting altogether, buffing up domains a bit and making them cast from only that. Lowering spell access to lvl 7 is a quick and easy way to go, but even though they are game breaking in themselves, I don't want to cut out spells like miracle if I can avoid it. And the first draft was intended to be OP, as I am trying to get options in and see which click, and which can go. Your call.

Virdish
2012-05-05, 10:30 PM
I like the idea of slimming it down to buff/wards/curses and then moving most of the other spells to domains. It seems flavorful and your right that wish, while game breaking, is far to thematically tied to the cleric to toss out. Perhaps in place of prepared spells as he has now we could limit his spells known and allow him to cast spontaneously ala the sorcerer. More of a "Oh great Odin i beseech of you grant me such and such" instead of "Oh great Odin I need these cantrips and these 1st level spells and...... so on and so on."

Xechon
2012-05-05, 10:48 PM
The idea was that clerics use premade prayers they find from their prayerbook (a la Bible), but they can only do so a certain amount of times per day before their deity says "I'm done with you". I also wanted to keep the spontaneous domain casting feature, cause I thought that was a cool idea.

And I'll start going through the cleric spell list...sometime. I was kinda hoping I would have to go there, but it would definately improve the flavor and balance...ugh. Also, if your set on all spontaneous, then take a look at this (http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Wordcasting_(3.5e_Variant_Rule)); if you like that I could use it to make a whole new spell list for the cleric, and it would only take a few words.

Virdish
2012-05-05, 11:00 PM
I actually like that. I was looking at it earlier and I am actually fairly set on spontaneous casting for most of the classes. I personally have always been against prepared divine casting and most prepared arcane casters are just plain broken. I like the idea of word casting. Kind of like a cleric uses words of power he has learned from his sacred text.

Xechon
2012-05-06, 12:02 PM
Okay, I have adjusted it to use wordcasting. The balance issues might not have been fixed (although they dont get special wordcasting abilities like the other wordcasting classes, and a more limited spell list), please tell me if you want anything changed.

Virdish
2012-05-11, 08:52 AM
Alright so I seem to have hit a snag here with the scion. I know what I want from the class but I can't seem to figure out a way to make it work. If anyone has some idea's feal free to speak them cause I have nothing.:smallfurious:

Virdish
2012-05-11, 05:37 PM
Teral (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13213848#post13213848) are here.