PDA

View Full Version : Spellreaver - WIP Martial Discipline [PEACH]

Maquise
2012-05-02, 11:42 PM
This is still in its initial stages; I have a lot of work to do yet. I'll probably need to come up with a lot of additional maneuvers and shift around their levels. I will likely need help in that regard.

The Spellreaver martial discipline is dedicated to combating magic, both practiced users and magical creatures. Spellcraft is the key skill for the Spellreaver discipline, as its practitioners must be knowledgeable in the magics they are combating to be effective.

Unleveled: I need opinions on where to put these
Spell Parry: Counter - Turn a spell back on its caster.
Disenchanting Edge: Strike - Dispel with an attack
Spell seize: Strike - Take an opponent's spell slot with an attack
Keen Disruption: Stance - When a foe makes a Concentration check to cast defensively, oppose it with a Spellcraft roll
Untouchable: Boost - Gain spell immunity
Void Dance: Stance - Create antimagic field around you.
Voiding Wave: Boost - Area Dispel Centered on self

1st Level
Discern Resistance: Counter - Make Spellcraft check in place of save vs. spells
Spell Armor: Stance - Gain Spell Resistance equal to initiator level.
Ward Piercing Strike: Strike - Negate Deflection bonus to AC.

2nd Level

3rd Level
Nemesis Blade: Boost - Attacks gain the Force descriptor.

4th Level

5th Level

6th Level
Spellbreaker: Strike - Stop an enemy from casting spells

7th Level

8th Level

9th Level
[To be named]: Strike - Hit a foe who is astral projecting, or using a similar effect.

Maquise
2012-05-02, 11:43 PM
Maneuvers By Level
1st:
Discern Resistance:
Spellreaver (Counter)
Level: 1
Initiation Action: Immediate
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Until end of turn.
You analyze a hostile spell cast upon you, and use your knowledge of it to resist it. In place of one saving throw against a spell effect, make a Spellcraft roll.

Ward Piercing Strike:
Spellreaver (Strike)
Level: 1
Initiation Action: Standard.
Range: Melee attack
Target: 1 creature
Your understanding of defensive magic grants you the ability to perceive flaws in what most would consider a flawless magical defense. As part of this maneuver, make a single melee attack against an opponent. This attack bypasses any Deflection bonus to AC the target may have.

Maquise
2012-05-03, 08:48 AM
Added a couple more; Feel free to begin PEACHing, as I'd like to get a firmer grasp on where I am before proceeding.

zegram 33
2012-05-03, 02:42 PM
i may be wrong, but...dont "force" attacks hit astral projecting, ethereal and the like enemies anyway?
the 9th level ability seems kinda pointless, to me at least. opposed spellcraft check is pretty good for deflection and stuff. possibly the ability to create an antimagic field or disjunction as a strike at higher levels would be helpful, as i can see summoned creatures giving this trouble as it stands (dispelling strike could get rid of them, but im honestly unclear as to whether it would be targetd at the summoner or the creature....

similarly: as it stands its got nothing to stop the guy just flying into the air other than reflecting spells, and as a goodly amount of magic creatures and basically all wizards after a certain point can fly, thats not so good.
possibly give a maneouver to "co-opt" enemy buff spells, so you gain the effect of any active buff used by the target of the manouever?

Maquise
2012-05-03, 03:00 PM
By hit astrally projecting enemies, I mean hits the actual creature, not the projection.

Maquise
2012-05-05, 08:54 AM
Added a couple more maneuvers.