PDA

View Full Version : Races of Blood Brainstorm (expands on Voldur and half-orc redux) [3.5]

Empedocles
2012-05-04, 07:07 PM
A little while ago, I sent out my pair of best received homebrew. A half-orc half-elf called the Voldur (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238557) and a half-orc redux. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238705) Eventually I decided to take these and run with them in the form of a hybrid oriented netbook called Races of Blood. This book will expand heavily upon the fluff for the aforementioned races (and open up new options to them) but that's not all I want to do.

I want to include...

A new hybrid race that's just as developed as I'm making my half-orc redux and voldur. It could also be a race rewrite.

6 new hybrid races, which will have the standard amount of information for a race.

3 new base classes that are thematically appropriate for the theme.

Racial Substitution levels.

Feats :smallwink:

Ideas or requests for Races of Blood can now be shared below :smallbiggrin: Ideas for the new fully done hybrid race or new classes will be especially appreciated.

Midnight_v
2012-05-04, 07:23 PM
Hmm... well...
How about Redoing Half-giants...
actually scratch that they psionic people over at dreamscarred really fixed them entirely.
I got it. An aasimar types.
Called "Nephalim" basically the half-celestial race that gets "powerful build" or what have you, and are generally "evil" disposition, cause they feel cheated being half or are jaded by their own awesome.

There are some half races already in existance if you want to bother with:
The Mul (darksun) human/Dwarf.
Half-fey
and I saw your "Reptid" with too many "S"s in the name. Its cool I'm not even sure people are allowed to use the yuan-ti etc.
Thought the snake people really do work well...

Empedocles
2012-05-04, 07:34 PM
Hmm... well...
How about Redoing Half-giants...
actually scratch that they psionic people over at dreamscarred really fixed them entirely.
I got it. An aasimar types.
Called "Nephalim" basically the half-celestial race that gets "powerful build" or what have you, and are generally "evil" disposition, cause they feel cheated being half or are jaded by their own awesome.

There are some half races already in existance if you want to bother with:
The Mul (darksun) human/Dwarf.
Half-fey
and I saw your "Reptid" with too many "S"s in the name. Its cool I'm not even sure people are allowed to use the yuan-ti etc.
Thought the snake people really do work well...

Emphasis mine.

I think I'll definitely include a mul for 3.5 (one was actually in Dragon magazine, but it had LA which I hate and wasn't very good overall).

Virdish
2012-05-04, 07:42 PM
Half orc half fey? Could be interesting. Ummmm.... That is all. I'm looking forward to this.

toapat
2012-05-04, 08:08 PM
well, there was my sugestion a while ago of:
Half Orcish Dwarves
Half Dwarven Elves
Jotunbrud Kobolds

Othesemo
2012-05-04, 08:38 PM
Is there a half-gnoll anywhere? If not, I'd be interested in seeing that.

Wyntonian
2012-05-04, 10:54 PM
Gnome-Dwarf!

Satyr-blooded!

Larkas
2012-05-04, 11:23 PM
Some general "feytouched" race would indeed be very nice!

Daverin
2012-05-05, 12:52 AM
I think a well-written Orog (ogre/orc) hybrid would be cool as well.