PDA

View Full Version : It's Morphin' Time! (3.P Base Class/Archetypes) (WIP)

Pages : 1 [2]

ThiagoMartell
2012-09-17, 06:47 AM
Looks cool, but I'd change the name. You can't call a single person a squad.

The-Mage-King
2012-09-17, 08:25 AM
Monster of the Week?

A Rita Repulsaish class?

...Monster of the week with possibilty of more monster creation, including mooks.

So both are right. :smalltongue:

Looks cool, but I'd change the name. You can't call a single person a squad.

This was gone over on page 1. Sentai is better than the other options, honestly. And it gets the point across to everyone, too.

userpay
2012-09-21, 04:29 PM
In the spirit of Super Sentai and Kamen Rider I'm thinking of getting sound effects from either to use for my new phone. Thinking of using a song from Kamen Rider Hibiki for the ring tone, looking for something to use for text notification, and thinking of someone saying henshin with belt noise for unlocking. Anyone got suggestions?

The-Mage-King
2012-10-20, 03:22 AM
So, update today.

Added some stuff from the 'pad, courtesy of Blackestofmages and zhdarkstar, though revised a fair bit.

Added
-Improved Steed
-Magical Adaptation
-Lofty Challenge/Unshakable Challenge
-Rebuttal of Justice/Ardent Defender

In other news, I have aquired a forum on Minmaxboards (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?board=140.0) for Sentai and it's new sibling (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258938) class.

Turalisj
2012-10-20, 03:30 AM
Weren't you supposed to use this as the basis for a game at some point?

The-Mage-King
2012-10-20, 03:41 AM
You mean the one I'm currently running (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:TpL0xdrKEDMJ:www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php%3Ft-248261.html+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us), that you applied for and didn't get a sheet done in time? :smalltongue:

Turalisj
2012-10-20, 03:44 AM
You mean the one where you only took three players anyway?

zhdarkstar
2012-11-01, 02:38 PM
Just checked up on this thread after disappearing to focus on my D&D group's CoCtoberfest game and I'm glad to see it's still alive. I'm digging the new abilities as I encountered a bit of writer's block trying to figure out my one-shot. Stoked to see another one of my suggestions used. I'm gonna take a look at the Kaijin class to see if any of the creative juices get flowing.

Durazno
2012-11-25, 12:46 AM
Okay, so I thought that my "earn your morpher bac" PrC idea would be simple to pull off, but I got hung up on a lot of details and also inexperience. I'm not sure how to represent them becoming a more skilled and tenacious hero for having done without, as most of the classes that really do do without are really uninspiring.

Here's what I'm pretty sure about:

Three levels.
Middling BAB
Strong Will, Weak Fort and Ref
Mettle
Carries a mundane (masterwork) version of their sentai weapon.
Capstone includes ability to transform without a physical focus.

Otherwise, though, my head is kind of spinning. Here are some ideas:

Bonus skill points? My initial notion was to have them pick a specific skill that they hadn't invested in to that point and make it into a class skill to represent them discovering things about themselves now that they aren't defined by their powers.
Skill tricks? I've never played with these, so I have no idea how useful they'd be.
Fighter feats? Haha, no. Fighter feats aren't even very inspiring in the numbers that Fighters get them in, let alone a reasonable number for a 3-level PrC.
A unique martial discipline? Seems like overkill, though it might be kind of fun if they had a special discipline that they could only use when they aren't transformed. (Edit: The more I think about it, the more I like this idea. It's kind of like the superpowers they get in some seasons, isn't it?)

Also, I suppose there would have to be variations of this for some of the archetypes, wouldn't there?

Anyway, sorry, sooner or later I'll turn this into a neater submission.