PDA

View Full Version : Battle Royale: Conflict

Amiel
2012-05-07, 08:12 AM
Okay, a selection of superheroes and heroes from literary novels, comics, TV series and movies have been unknowingly snared in a dastardly plot to fight to the death in glorious, destructive battle.

The dramatis personae include: Batman, Hit-Girl (Kick Ass), Indiana Jones, Eowyn, Rambo, Elektra, Bear Grylls, Ripley (Aliens), William Wallace (Braveheart), Black Widow, Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator), The Bride (Kill Bill), Eddard Stark, Xena, Hawkeye, John Carter, Aragorn, Lara Croft, Leonidas, Conan the Barbarian, Miko (Sin City), Achilles, Sarah Connor.

The location of the Battle Royale is Isla Nublar, wherein dinosaurs have been mass produced and roam freely around the island. The heroes must contend with their presence and the difficult terrain and humidity, as well as try to eliminate their opponents.

The heroes can start anywhere on the island, but it should take some time before they can interact with each other. Additionally, all begin with shock collars around their necks, with bombs rigged to explode if they don't eliminate all targets.

All heroes possess all requisite equipment (indicative of the height of competence), and alliances may be forged based on personality (and alignment).

Some heroes may choose entrenchment tactics but others may be inclined towards nomadic movement.

Who will win?

Chen
2012-05-07, 08:33 AM
At a glance its either Batman since he's goddamn Batman or Achilles because he's functionally invincible except for his foot. But I see Batman knowing that and devising some way of taking out Achilles due to that weakness.

Selrahc
2012-05-07, 09:23 AM
Batman

Batman doesn't kill. In a real Battle Royale "Kill them or we kill YOU" scenario, he is doomed. Unless he can bring down the entire tournament. That would have to be his gameplan. He has the potential to incapacitate any foe in this tourney, with a bit of luck and a lot of planning. But he can't win if the tourney is played straight.

Hit-Girl (Kick Ass),

While she is competent and blodthirsty enough, she's up against foes even more competent and with substantial physical advantages. I'd say her "innocent child" routine could probably get her a sucker punch against all but the more bloodthirsty combatants though.

Indiana Jones,

Always more about luck than skill. Not ruthless or good enough to really excel in this field.

Eowyn,

Not good enough. A regular mortal, with some decent skill. Using medieval weapons and armour. In a field where the regular opponent is a hypercompetent gunman used to smashing armies.

Rambo,

I have never seen Rambo movies, apart from the first one which I understand is a lot more low key.

Elektra,

Hypercompetent badass superhero ninja with mystical skills. Solid contender.

Bear Grylls,

Normal human without combat skills. Unlikely to be bloodthirsty enough, although might well be drafted into a "non lethal alliance" by Batman.

Ripley (Aliens),

Never really destructive enough. Probably unwilling to kill at first, but she has a strong survival instinct. Will at least come with some decent hardware.

William Wallace (Braveheart),

See Eowyn.

Black Widow

Hypercompetent, ruthless and comes with a raft of supertech. Strong contender.

Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator),

A bit more competent than either Wallace or Eowyn, but still not an army killer and still lacking good hardware.

The Bride (Kill Bill),

Skilled, comes with guns and blades. Used to smashing rooms full of enemies and fighting solo opponents. I'd put her a hair below Black Widow and Elektra.

Eddard Stark,

See Eowyn. Although he does have a magic sword, I'd imagine it gets more use by whoever kills him.

Xena,

It has been a long time since I last watched Xena... um. She throws some sort of hoop? Has a divine heritage?

Hawkeye,

Like Batman, a hypercompetent badass hampered by an unwillingness to kill. I can see Hawkeye *eventually* bending his code. But I can also see him getting killed by one of the more dangerous competitors before that becomes a possibility.

John Carter,

Not seen the movie or read the books. He's some sort of superhuman immortal with a radiation gun? Probably a good contender.

Aragorn,

Aragorn is mildly superhuman, and can cast minor magics of healing, as well as being a damn good wildernessman. He can't beat the best in the field at combat, but he does have a very useful skillset, while not being completely outclassed.

Lara Croft,

The Bride with a pinch less skill and ruthlessness, but a lot more wilderness survival prowess.

Leonidas,

See Marcus Decius Meridius.

Conan the Barbarian,

Conan is a hypercompetent badass, used to slaughtering armies. He has high wilderness knowledge, and accomplishes mildly superhuman physical feats. His only big disadvantage is a lack of firearms.

Miko (Sin City),

Miho is almost a perfect storm. She has superhuman physical characteristics(by word of god, she is one of two superhumans in the Sin-City mythos), she is utterly ruthless, very skilled and brings modern weaponry. Her only real disadvantage is a lack of demonstrated wilderness knowledge.

Achilles,

Immortal demigod. Impossibly skilled. A deadly no nonsense soldier. Almost has to be the favourite.

Sarah Connor.

See Ripley? I confess I haven't seen her in action.

The Glyphstone
2012-05-07, 10:40 AM
Batman doesn't kill. In a real Battle Royale "Kill them or we kill YOU" scenario, he is doomed. Unless he can bring down the entire tournament. That would have to be his gameplan. He has the potential to incapacitate any foe in this tourney, with a bit of luck and a lot of planning. But he can't win if the tourney is played straight.

All we have to do is use old-school Batman, from the original Detective Comics. Dude was perfectly okay with guns and killing.

Inglenook
2012-05-07, 01:17 PM
A poster at another forum I frequent wrote a fanfic in a similar vein (http://fgc.yuku.com/topic/2589/Battle-Royale-Fictional-Characters-GAME--Winner-Epilogue-Pro), although many of the characters were—while appropriately heroic or villainous—pretty unseasoned when it came to battle.

Forum Explorer
2012-05-07, 04:15 PM
What equipment do they start with?

Mx.Silver
2012-05-08, 03:52 AM
As has been mentioned, Achilles would seem to be the favourite here on account of being an incredibly skilled brutal warrior who is nearly invulnerable. His only real problem is that basically everyone is going to know what his weakness is the second they identify him - the main tendon in the heel is named after him, after all. On the other hand, it's not actually that easy to kill someone if you can only damage one of their heels - iirc, Paris' success was due to using poisoned arrows.

Chen
2012-05-08, 07:46 AM
As has been mentioned, Achilles would seem to be the favourite here on account of being an incredibly skilled brutal warrior who is nearly invulnerable. His only real problem is that basically everyone is going to know what his weakness is the second they identify him - the main tendon in the heel is named after him, after all. On the other hand, it's not actually that easy to kill someone if you can only damage one of their heels - iirc, Paris' success was due to using poisoned arrows.

Achilles also has no reason to tell people who he is. No one should be able to tell him apart from any other random, fit soldier.

LordVader
2012-05-08, 12:00 PM
Achilles, by virtue of being the only nigh-invincible demigod present, is victorious.