Bring forth the Titan
School transmutation
Level Sorcerer/Wizard 9
Casting Time 1 round
Components V, S, M
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target One Non-Colossal creature
Duration 1 hour/ 5 levels (D)
Saving Throw Fortitude negates; (Harmless) Spell Resistance yes (Harmless)

Slowly the adventures peer out from around the corner, trying to see any cultists. The room was huge and dome shaped, its roof appeared to be 70 ft. high, and seemed to being held up by earth magic. In the chamber lay seven priests in a circle, all of which had the blood stained garb, of the Sanguine Order. To their dismay, the Ritual of Kronos had already begun.

Slowly another follower of blood stepped out of a tunnel of the rights side of the chamber, a chain was held in his palms. The noble hero's gaze followed this chain, to see a female. The woman looked human from her head, but as the hero's vision drifted lower they realised it was not of this world. The torso of the creature bore six muscular arms, and instead of legs, the fiend had a serpent's scaled tail. The faint blue runes of a binder slowly drifted along her flesh.

The demon was forced into the centre of the chamber, and all the cultist begun to chant. A single priest of the Order started to glow, arcane power oozing from the clay blade in his hand. A flame erupted into existance upon the Demon.

But the fire didn't burn, the Marilith's form grew and grew, until it reached the roof. She now stood 68 feet tall. The Ritual of Kronos had been completed, a mortal god was born.

This spell imbues primordial energy into the creature causing huge amounts of growth, this increases its size to Colossal. For ever size increment the target grows to reach colossal size he gains a +8 size bonus to Strength, +4 Size Bonus to Constitution and a –2 penalty on attack rolls and AC due to its increased size, his speed increases by 20 ft.

In addition regardless of how many size increments he has increased he also gains a –2 size penalty to Dexterity, DR 10/Epic, Spell Resistance 30, his type changes to Outsider if it wasn't already, he gains immunity to: to polymorphing, petrification, or any other attack that alters its form, to energy drain, ability drain, or ability damage and to energy drain, ability drain, or ability damage).

At Colossal size the creatures Space/Reach becomes 30 ft./30 ft. If insufficient room is available for the desired growth, the creature attains the maximum possible size and may make a Strength check (using its increased Strength) to burst any enclosures in the process. If it fails, it is constrained without harm by the materials enclosing it—the spell cannot be used to crush a creature by increasing its size.

All equipment worn or carried by a creature is similarly enlarged by the spell. Melee weapons affected by this spell deal more damage. Other magical properties are not affected by this spell. Any enlarged item that leaves an enlarged creature's possession (including a projectile or thrown weapon) returns to its normal size after 1 round. Magical properties of enlarged items are not increased by this spell.

Bring Forth the Titan can be made permanent with a permanency spell at the cost of 1,000 xp per size category below Colossal of the target. If this is done, then this spell can't be dispelled by any spell or effect weaker than a Wish or Miracle.

Material Component: A clump of Ur-Clay from the Elemental Plane of Earth worth at least 1,000 gp per size category below Colossal of the target.

NeoSeraphi
2012-05-25, 10:25 AM
This is...an interesting spell. But it's completely inferior to the existing magical method of becoming colossal, the wu jen spell giant size (Complete Arcane). It's a 7th level spell, first of all, so it both comes earlier and is easier to get for a gish who has to lose caster levels, and it gives a much higher Strength boost (if you become Colossal, you get +32 Str).

Your method allows for the permanency spell, which is nice, I suppose, but of course a permanent spell is still dispel-able on other creatures, and even on you, break enchantment would still work.

Giant size has a duration of 1 minute, but that's generally all you need for combat (and being Colossal outside of combat is actually pretty hindering, especially with that serious -16 Size penalty to your AC, it makes you very vulnerable to surprise attacks).

This spell just needs something to make it better. Right now it just feels like a weaker, but longer-lasting version of an existing 7th level spell, and that's not what a 9th level spell should be.

Steward
2012-05-25, 02:59 PM
Maybe you should boost the target's strength and let the spell increase speed too.

Or, if you don't want to do that, maybe you could let the target take on some of the attributes of a titan, like Awesome Blow or the ability to make their projectile weapons Gargantuan in size.

Milo v3
2012-05-25, 07:15 PM
Firstly I want to say that this spell was designed for use on other creatures as its main thing. And could affect other people or creatures.

I've now severely buffed this. I've increased this spells strength bonus so that if a medium sized creature is affected it gains +32 strength. I gave the SR, DR, and immunities, and effectively made the affected into a Demi-God.

TuggyNE
2012-06-20, 12:18 AM
The odd modifiers to Dex and Con are unfortunate; they should just sit at -2 and either +2 or +4.

The costs are extravagant, even for the benefits. Perhaps tone them down? (In particular, who has 500000 xp more than their level?)

Milo v3
2012-06-20, 01:01 AM
The odd modifiers to Dex and Con are unfortunate; they should just sit at -2 and either +2 or +4.

The costs are extravagant, even for the benefits. Perhaps tone them down? (In particular, who has 500000 xp more than their level?)

Okay, I've reduced the XP and Material Costs.

As for the Dex and Con those bonuses are because I think using it on a kobold would have different effects than if you used it on a human, as the amount of size increases are different.

TuggyNE
2012-06-20, 04:29 AM
Okay, I've reduced the XP and Material Costs.
Yeah, those seem a lot more reasonable: still enough to make you think twice or thrice about using this.

As for the Dex and Con those bonuses are because I think using it on a kobold would have different effects than if you used it on a human, as the amount of size increases are different.
Oh, I'm not suggesting you take out the scaling based on number of size categories changed; rather, the amount at each step is an odd number, which I find somewhat inelegant and slightly less consistent than sticking with an even number all the time. So a kobold increased at +4 Con per step would get a net +20 Con instead of +15; at +2 per, +10 instead. A human would get +16 or +8 instead of +12. Obviously, this is only really a problem if changing size by an odd number of categories.

The fixed -1 Dex penalty would just change to -2 across the board. of course.

Milo v3
2012-06-20, 04:48 AM
I've changed the Dex and Con Bonuses & Penalties.

TuggyNE
2012-06-20, 07:38 PM
I've changed the Dex and Con Bonuses & Penalties.

Looks good. Oh yeah, one minor thing I just noticed: the save and SR should be marked (harmless).