PDA

View Full Version : Homestuck Tabletop RPG: Rules-Lite [PEACH, Playtesters Needed]

tzar1990
2012-05-29, 11:23 PM
Hello, Everyone!

So, me and my friends were recently trying to play an RPG based on Homestuck. Unfortunately, this wasn't quite as possible as I hoped, since none of them like 4e, meaning that the currently available homebrew wouldn't really work for our group.

Well, long story short, I kinda developed a homebrew, significantly more rules-lite system, with the intent being to create something capable of replicating everything seen happening in homestuck, while also not being overly complicated. What I wound up making was an unholy mash-up of FATE, Nobilis, Mage, and a bit of the Yozi excellencies from Exalted, all slapped together with a home-made dice system that, IMO, is a pretty darn good fit for the sort of chaotic action we see in the webcomic. And you know what? I think I can make it work.

Of course, you can't make a good system without at least doing a bit of playtesting, and given that I live out in the middle of nowhere, finding people to work on it IRL would be pretty much impossible for the next couple of months. But that's where you guys come in, right?

Anyways, if you'd be willing to help me run this system through its paces, I'd be thrilled to have you.

System: https://hotfile.com/dl/157189483/a7f976e/Homestuck_RPG_v0.2.pdf.html
Character Sheet: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/homestuckcharsheet2.png/

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, just let me know, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thank you all so much!

Midwoka
2012-05-29, 11:27 PM
The links aren't working for me. The "..." in the middle of them isn't replacing anything - it's part of the URL. Maybe chop them up by hitting Enter in the middle of them?

tzar1990
2012-05-29, 11:40 PM
Hmm... I edited my post, and while they don't LOOK different now, they work when I click on them. Weird!

Midwoka
2012-05-29, 11:55 PM
Yep. They're working now =)

I'll get back to you in a while, after I check it out.

Steamflogger
2012-05-30, 08:16 AM
Honestly, I really like this. Nobilis is a really good system to use for these purposes, and you've trimmed off everything that would have gotten in the way. I have always liked the magic system from Mage, and I think the descriptions work really well when applied to aspects. The condition system does a good job of demonstrating a character's ecletic interests, without the use of a vast skillsystem.

One thing I would add is a 3rd appendix containing some example conditions, and a description of exactly what kind of bonuses and penalties conditions grant.

tzar1990
2012-05-30, 09:28 PM
Okay, I've added a third appendix with 15 each of positive, neutral, and negative conditions. I also added art of the various NPCs and locations, and added a thanks and credits page. Additionally, some minor corrections and alterations have taken part in the text (notably, noting that dreamselves are a thing that do stuff).

Available through this link! (https://hotfile.com/dl/157289617/2195c38/Homestuck_RPG_v0.3.pdf.html)