PDA

View Full Version : So what kind of music do you like?

CapnRedBeard
2012-05-30, 09:16 AM
Trying to see where I fit into this crazy little board of yours...I really love music so...here I go alienating prolly 80% of yas...

I like:

Metal n well metallic odd stuff.

Mastodon
Alice in Chains
Megadeth
Testament
Metallica (except St. Anger...ugggh)
Opeth
Dream Theater
Dethklok (Saw "them" open for Mastodon as that show that Mastodon recorded for their "Live at the Aragon" dvd) A W E S O M E concert.
System of a Down
Symphony X
Between the Buried and Me
Isis
High on Fire
Ex-Girl
Children of Bodom
Tool
Brainstorm
Yngwie Malmsteen
Flotsam & Jetsam
Death Angel
Helloween
Baroness

and I even like some rap...Eminem, 50 cent, Nas and The Wu Tang Clan.
(I really think I'm just looking for energetic rushes from my musak.)

What are some of yours?

Rallicus
2012-05-30, 09:21 AM
I don't know, a lot of stuff I guess.

Haven't listened to metal in quite a long time though. Was a big metal head back in high school, that was literally all I listened to, so I guess I burned out on it. Five years later and I still haven't really gotten into metal like I used to.

So... yeah, it really depends on when you ask me. A few years ago I was all about EDM and going to raves and stuff, but that has sort of died off.

As of right now, I like a lot of indie music, and I've been listening to a lot of stuff from the 90s grunge scene (particularly AIC... so good, man...)

Serpentine
2012-05-30, 09:39 AM
I believe the Metal Thread in the Media section is still going. You might like to check it out.

I like a variety. I suppose indie mostly describes me, but I can't keep track of what that covers. Let's see if I can group things a bit...

Classical music. Specifically orchestral pieces - the more instruments the better (I'm not a fan of just piano or violin pieces).

Classic rock and the like. AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Johnny Cash and so on; all the usual suspects.

Modern indie-dance-pop type stuff. Like MGMT, Architecture in Helsinki, Empire of the Sun, Lemonjelly, Chemical Brothers.

Indie type stuff, as I said. Gotye (he's done more than just that one song!), Franz Ferdinand, Scissor Sisters, Gerling, Avalanches, Badly Drawn Boy, The Bees, The Eels, Bjork, Gorillaz, Cake, Fatboy Slim, The Flaming Lips, Machine Gun ********, Modest Mouse, TISM.

A few - very few - pop artists. Lady Gaga and Aqua come to mind.

Also a few - pretty few - rappers and hip-hop artists, although they're more on a song-by-song basis. Flobots, Bliss'n'Esso, 1200 Techniques, some of Eminem's lesser-known stuff, Hilltop Hoods.

Some heavier stuff, although for heavy metal the vocals tend to ruin it for me. Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson.

Go stream Triple J, you'll get an idea of what sort of music I like.

I keep coming across stuff in my music collections I've literally never heard before. It's weird. Like exploring your own back yard and finding a building you never knew was there.

Moff Chumley
2012-05-30, 10:06 AM
And now you know. (http://www.last.fm/user/MoffChumley)

Bear in mind this was reset about two months ago; otherwise, there'd be King Crimson in the mid-thousands. :smallsigh:

arguskos
2012-05-30, 10:31 AM
My current Top Ten (it's pretty stable these days, not a lot of movement):

Rodeo Clowns (the Orange Room version) by Jack Johnson
Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz
Catgroove (Full Version) by Parov Stelar
On Melancholy Hill by Gorillaz
Making Me Nervous by Brad Sucks
Bohemian Like You by The Dandy Warhols
A Little Less Conversation by Elvis Presley
Trumpets by Flipside
Freebird by Lynard Skynard (yes dammit I like Freebird)
All I Want by Jehro

It's a diverse list. We've got some electroswing, some classic rock, some blues-y stuff, some electronic, a little rap-ish stuff, and a touch of folk. All solid. Other genres I enjoy deeply include classic country (Johnny Cash, the Proclaimers, Willie Nelson), other fringe rap forms (Matisyahu, etc), club electronic (Bajafondo, Technotronic, Daft Punk), and even some pop (Cage the Elephant, Foo Fighters, Kaiser Chiefs, etc).

I listen to almost anything, with only a few exceptions. I don't do metal, of any kind, I don't do Asian Pop, I don't do modern mainstream rap, and I don't do modern country. Nothing person, but I don't enjoy them.

Serpentine
2012-05-30, 10:49 AM
I saw a Foo Fighters concert where the Kaiser Chiefs opened :3

arguskos
2012-05-30, 10:53 AM
I saw a Foo Fighters concert where the Kaiser Chiefs opened :3
Did you seriously? That'd be pretty amazing. :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2012-05-30, 10:54 AM
Yup! They were both really good. The Kaiser Chiefs knew exactly what their job was: to get everyone riled up for the Foo Fighters. And they did it admirably.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2012-05-30, 11:38 AM
LastFM: "Your musical compatibility with MoffChumley is SUPER"

Noooooo reeeaaally?

Rallicus
2012-05-30, 11:47 AM
Rodeo Clowns (the Orange Room version) by Jack Johnson

On the subject of seeing bands you like, argus, I got backstage passes to Jack Johnson a few years back. My friend is related to him, sort of. He married my friend's second cousin or something like that, and my friend sees him often at family gatherings.

His wife was the one that gave us the tickets.

Unfortunately Jack Johnson left and didn't attend the afterparty, which was okay with us since he put on such an awesome show and was probably exhausted or something. We still got to hang out back there and earlier in the night we convinced a drunk middle school principal and her friend that we could get them backstage if they bought us a bunch of beers, because we were underage at the time. We flashed our backstage passes for proof, they got us the beer, then we shrugged when security wouldn't let them in.

It was probably the best concert I've ever been to.

Maxios
2012-05-30, 12:04 PM
Here's the bands I've been listening to the most in the past couple weeks:
Motley Crue
Iron Maiden
Dio
Johnny Cash
Motorhead
Black Sabbath
WASP

And the songs I've been listening to the most in the past couple weeks:
Anarachy in the UK (Motley Crue)
The Angel and the Gambler (Iron Maiden)
One More for the Road (Dio)
Ace of Spades (Motorhead)
Mob Rules (Black Sabbath)
Blind in Texas (WASP)
Folsom Prison Blues (Johnny Cash)
Cocaine Blues (Johnny Cash)
Five Feet High and Rising (Johnny Cash)
A Boy named Sue (Johnny Cash)

And the genres I listen to:
Metal
Rock
Country
Classical (on the occasion)

Dr. Bath
2012-05-30, 12:06 PM
Trying to see where I fit into this crazy little board of yours...I really love music so...here I go alienating prolly 80% of yas...

I like:

Metal n well metallic odd stuff.

Mastodon
Alice in Chains
Megadeth
Testament
Metallica (except St. Anger...ugggh)
Opeth
Dream Theater
Dethklok (Saw "them" open for Mastodon as that show that Mastodon recorded for their "Live at the Aragon" dvd) A W E S O M E concert.
System of a Down
Symphony X
Between the Buried and Me
Isis
High on Fire
Ex-Girl
Children of Bodom
Tool
Brainstorm
Yngwie Malmsteen
Flotsam & Jetsam
Death Angel
Helloween
Baroness

and I even like some rap...Eminem, 50 cent, Nas and The Wu Tang Clan.
(I really think I'm just looking for energetic rushes from my musak.)

What are some of yours?

Metalheads in the minority on GitP? Let me laugh even harder. Seriously though, the metal thread is pretty much the only music thread that's ever lasted more than a few pages in the media section as far as I know.

Can't say I'm the biggest fan of it though. It's fine and all, but I can't listen for long, not quite sure why though, since I like a lot of the aspects of it, just not the combination. For example I absolutely love Ghosts I-IV by NIN (well, just trent really) but that's a pretty big departure from NIN's normal things (and they are industrial rather than metal anyway).

What DO I like? Now that, detective, is the right question. An awful lot of things really, but primarily big beat, electro, noise/post-rock, the newest generation of folk (e.g. Fleet Foxes, She Keeps Bees kinda thing. Calling it alt-folk probably makes me look a bit of a twit), ska, blues, bluegrass, hip hop, trip hop and the all encompassing 'indie'. And anything in between if it's good.

Absolute favourite actual bands:
Grizzly Bear
Mogwai
Seasick Steve
Lemonjelly
Wave Machines
Phoenix
Daft Punk
Antlers

Probably. Misses a whole chunk of stuff and probably some of the very best albums, but you know, can't win em all.

Antlers are so good though. SO GOOD. Listen to Hospice it is amazing. Some of the best gigs I've been to.

@Moff: Good stuff there. Don't recognize a fair few of the bands you starred, but going by the rest I should probably have a looksee. Daps for LCD, they are brilliant.

@Serp: Really suprised to see Chemical Brothers and Fatboy Slim under different classifications. What do you think separates them? I'm a curioused.

@Arguskos: Who hates freebird? It is the best there is at what it does, which is be the longest rock song forever. And inspire wild air guitar flailing.

Dallas-Dakota
2012-05-30, 12:20 PM
Hmm, a lot of folk metal, some folk/punk and rock/old stuff.

Eluveitie
Korpiklaani
Heidevolk
Wintersun
Equilibrium
Led Zeppelin
Enya
Rolling Stones
Anathema
Rapalje
Scrum
Alestorm
Flogging Molly
Dropkick Murphies
The Dubliners
The Pogues
The Doors
The mamas and the papas
Cat Steven

And a decent amount more, but these are the main ones I remember/really listen to. I'm pretty horrible at remembering bandnames.:smallredface::smallsigh:

arguskos
2012-05-30, 12:21 PM
@Arguskos: Who hates freebird? It is the best there is at what it does, which is be the longest rock song forever. And inspire wild air guitar flailing.
Dude. Dude. I've encountered folks who fly into a frothy rage at the sheer mention of the song. It's one of those songs that's so hyped and actually kinda deserves a lot of what it gets, because it really is one of the best classic rock songs ever made. However, because it is so well known, a lot of folks have decided that it cannot possibly be good enough to deserve the praise it gets and so rip into it constantly. These days, I hedge my bets.

@Rallicus: Damn man. I barely get to see any concerts (hell, most of my big favorites don't even do shows), and two people have chimed in being all "I saw that live, it was awesome!" Punks. :smalltongue:

Dr. Bath
2012-05-30, 12:32 PM
Ah I suppose that's true. People can be very strange about music (a friend claiming the Red Hot Chilli Peppers were more well known than the Beatles was a strange one) actually scratch that: people are very strange about pretty much everything. Especially if it's popular.

I get that people in bands might be fed up with it though.

PLAY FREE BIRD WOOOO

SoftSillyMusic
2012-05-30, 12:41 PM
Last.fm is pretty convenient for these things (http://www.last.fm/user/Ashdesert)

Overall, psychedelic (both 60's/70's and 90's/00's revival), classic post-punk and shoegaze, with smatterings of other genres.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2012-05-30, 12:55 PM
My last.fm is really misleading, because it still has all the crap I listened to as an emo pre-teen.

My music tastes are wide, above all things.

I mean, just now I was comparing All I Need, by AWOLNATION (poprock), to All I Need, by Air (French dreampop electronica)

Apparently the top 10 things on my last.fm, which doesn't include hte music I listened to in 9th grade, but has everything from 8th grade up to now other than that, is...

David Bowie
The Clash (Punk)
Billy Talent (For a good few years, they used to be my favourite band of all time. Now, they vary from "they're alright" to "they kinda suck...", depending on my mood)
Franz Ferdinand (Post-punk revival)
F***ed Up (progressive hardcore punk)
Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky (Russian 19th century composer)
Spirit of the West (Canadian celtic folk, very political)
Gorillaz (trip-hop-pop-lop-dop)
My Chemical Romance (the embarrassing thing, is I only ever owned one album, which I listened to on repeat, for, like ever. Oh god, grade 8 was not a fun time... However, it's still a pretty decent album.)
The Cure (post-punk, but they don't like being called Goth. Proto-goth? Bah, post-punk is good enough for me!)

I'm disappointed that a few others aren't high on the list, like Cake, Suede, the Buzzcocks, the Descendants, Arctic Monkeys, Sleigh Bells, or Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker, to mention just a few.

Serpentine
2012-05-30, 01:15 PM
@Serp: Really suprised to see Chemical Brothers and Fatboy Slim under different classifications. What do you think separates them? I'm a curioused.I think because I imagine that Chemical Brothers do "sets", while Fatboy Slim do "songs", although now you mention it they're not really that far off one another, are they...
edit: But I have Avalanches with Fatboy Slim, and they definitely do sets... I don't know! D: They just feel different to me!

Flaming Lips do great performances too, by the way.

What's the deal with this Last.fm thing, anyway?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2012-05-30, 01:28 PM
I'm gonna see the Flaming Lips for free this summer. Excited.

last.fm is like, a little widget that sits on your computer and tracks all the music you listen to.

CapnRedBeard
2012-05-30, 01:38 PM
Metalheads in the minority on GitP? Let me laugh even harder. Seriously though, the metal thread is pretty much the only music thread that's ever lasted more than a few pages in the media section as far as I know.

This is good to hear!

http://www.bloodygoodhorror.com/bgh/files/god_listens_to_slayer.jpg

Dr. Bath
2012-05-30, 01:44 PM
I think because I imagine that Chemical Brothers do "sets", while Fatboy Slim do "songs", although now you mention it they're not really that far off one another, are they...
edit: But I have Avalanches with Fatboy Slim, and they definitely do sets... I don't know! D: They just feel different to me!

Flaming Lips do great performances too, by the way.

What's the deal with this Last.fm thing, anyway?

Huh, kinda always seen it the other way round a bit. It's just they were the two main forefathers of the bigbeat genre, so I always tend to lump them together. Avalanches are a slightly different (also absolutely fantastic) beast though. Kinda surf-rockish, makes me think of beach boy and stuff quite a bit.

They're rumoured to be finally releasing their follow up album this year. For about the fourth year running.

Saw flaming lips last year and the year before that. They were pretty good. Very impressive live act, but... eeehhh. The whole hippy schtick that Wayne Coyne does seems slightly out of place/time these days. Some people are more into it than I, I guess. OK Go were way better at Jodrell Bank to be completely honest.

@Gwyn: Sleigh Bells! yissssssss. They are amazing. How did you like the second album? Have you listened to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs or Red Blood Shoes? Kinda in a similar vein.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2012-05-30, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I saw Sleigh Bells live in March. They were kinda fantastic! That was a damn good show. The new album is good, I think, but I do prefer the sound of their first, over-all. Still an awesome album though!

the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, I like their first album, but not much more, Blood Red Shoes I only know the one song that was in Scott Pilgrim, which I do really like.

I went on a total stint of female-fronted groups a few months ago. Like, soooo many. Emilie Autumn, Amanda Palmer/Dresden Dolls, Sleigh Bells, Yeah Yeahs Yeahs, Metric, this one band called Chaingang who only have one song out, Die Mannequin, My Bloody Valentine, the XX, Asobi Seksu, the Birthday Massacre, Cocteau Twins, the Distillers, Kate Bush, Ladytron, Lamb, and a few others.

Edit: Hey everyone, we have a random Music thread over in Media that I totally meant to mention. Right now, it's kinda slow, and mostly dominated by hipsters, but it's open to, like, all music and stuff.

Dr. Bath
2012-05-30, 02:04 PM
I was going to see them in Feb, but my friend bailed and they sold out by the time I found someone else interested. Exactly the same thing happened for Django Django. Grrr.

Serpentine
2012-05-30, 02:24 PM
Oh yeah, Dresden Dolls. I like them.

I think my listening habits will confuse Last.fm... Also I've been thinking of downloading iTunes. Guess I ought to or something. Does Last.fm need anything in particular to work?
Huh, kinda always seen it the other way round a bit. It's just they were the two main forefathers of the bigbeat genre, so I always tend to lump them together. Avalanches are a slightly different (also absolutely fantastic) beast though. Kinda surf-rockish, makes me think of beach boy and stuff quite a bit.Well I'm pretty sure they do sample the Beach Boys at some point... They got #1 on Triple J's Best Australian Album of All Time, btw.

Jack Squat
2012-05-30, 02:33 PM
What's most played on my mp3 player

The Allman Brothers
Bruce Springsteen
Ceann
Cheap Trick
Gaelic Storm
George Thorogood
Enter the Haggis
Flogging Molly
I Fight Dragons
Johnny Lang
Joe Bonamassa
Leslie West
Meat Loaf
Michael Stanley Band
The Offspring
The Protomen
Seven Nations
Sister Machine Gun
Tab Benoit
Thunder
Walter Trout

So I guess I tend to like rock, blues, and celtic the most, but there's not a lot of music I don't listen to.

Serpentine
2012-05-30, 03:02 PM
*Opens Last.fm account*
*lists all music I like*
*goes to "listen to your radio"*
WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?! :eek:

In all seriousness, I don't get it. Does it play you music from elsewhere, or only what you have on your computer?

Dr. Bath
2012-05-30, 03:08 PM
*Opens Last.fm account*
*lists all music I like*
*goes to "listen to your radio"*
WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?! :eek:

In all seriousness, I don't get it. Does it play you music from elsewhere, or only what you have on your computer?

It's basically a radio station that is tailored (not especially well) to your tastes.

Serpentine
2012-05-30, 03:29 PM
So it does come from elsewhere, not just from my own music?
And what about the "My Library Radio"? Does that play all the music on your computer, or just what it's already registered as "listened to"? If the former, does it register them as "listened to" only if I listen to it through last.fm?

Kindablue
2012-05-30, 03:43 PM
At the moment: Tōru Takemitsu - "Bryce" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItHOY0xY4HM)

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2012-05-30, 03:44 PM
It doesn't see any files on your computer. If you have a media-player running, and you have everything set up right, it'll "scrobble" the songs you're playing: that is, note them.

The radio stuff I don't bother with. They don't work very well.
I think it works automatically for iTunes, not sure for other players.

CynicalAvocado
2012-05-30, 03:49 PM
my playlist
http://i.imgur.com/gy9Af.png

Serpentine
2012-05-30, 03:52 PM
I'm using the "My Library Radio" thing, and I *think* it's just playing stuff from my own collection, and I don't know how to "set it up right", and it seems to be adding to my "recently listened to tracks"...

Dr. Bath
2012-05-30, 04:04 PM
Man I have no idea. I don't use it at all. Just spotify at all times. Probably a little too much. 524 saved albums is a reasonable amount right? I would say so.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2012-05-30, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I don't like things that play music for me. I like to pick my own music. I just use it to track the things I like.

Raistlin1040
2012-05-30, 04:35 PM
My top 10 bands of all time are, in no particular order,
The Beatles
The Cure
David Bowie
Marilyn Manson
Arcade Fire
Daft Punk
Neutral Milk Hotel
Gorillaz
Iron Maiden
The Raveonettes

But I listen to a lot of different genres, organized for ease below

ElectronicJustice
Mord Fustang
Skrillex (first album)
Neon Indian
Kraftwerk
Imogen Heap
Crystal Castles
M83
PunkThe Clash
The Ramones
Social Distortion
Violent Femmes
Green Day
Wild Flag
The Vibrators
Angelic Upstarts
Wire (early material)
MetalBlack Sabbath
Deep Purple
Judas Priest
White Wizzard
Pharaoh
Blind Guardian
Scorpiknox (defunct local band)
GothFeeding Fingers
Voltaire
Sisters of Mercy
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Fields of Nephilim
Type O Negative
Bauhaus
Cruxshadows
Tying Tiffany
Joy Division/New Order
Rap/Hip-HopKanye West
Das Racist
Afasi Och Filthy
Del The Funky Homosapian
Indie FolkBelle and Sebastian
Bon Iver
Fences (local band)
Campfire OK (local band)
Fleet Foxes
The Magnetic Fields
Elliott Smith
RockThe Black Keys
The Protomen
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Strokes
Guns N' Roses
Alice Cooper
Indie/Alternative/OtherThe Vaccines
The Shins
The Mountain Goats
Coconut Records
The xx
The Mansions (local band)
Apples In Stereo
LCD Soundsystem
The Smiths
Death Cab For Cutie
AFI
Animal Collective
Hank Green
Chameleon Circuit
The National
Guided By Voices
Pavement
Metric
Broken Social Scene
Bloc Party
Interpol
The Slants
Anamanaguchi
The Pillows
Best Coast
Beach Fossils
Electric Six
Girls
Foster the People
Real Estate
Tegan and Sara
Toro y Moi

Halberd
2012-05-30, 05:03 PM
Genre-wise, I like:

Prog rock
Classic rock
Various metal subgenres (prog, symphonic, folk, some thrash)
Jazz fusion
Some classical

Some of my favorite artists, in no particular order, are:

Rush
The Who
Symphony X
Liquid Tension Experiment
Gustav Holst
Ensiferum
Weather Report
Yes
Dream Theater
Led Zeppelin
Slayer
Igor Stravinsky
Blind Guardian
Iron Maiden
Miles Davis
Falconer
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Transatlantic
Wolfgang A. Mozart
Metallica
Porcupine Tree
Kamelot
Al Di Meola
Kansas

etc.

Kurgan
2012-05-30, 05:08 PM
I can listen to most things, I can usually find something I like easily enough outside of rap.

If I had to list my top bands/musicians, I would say:

Gogol Bordello
Tom Waits
Gorillaz
Flogging Molly

Really, when I just want to sit back and enjoy some music, these are the ones I turn to.

Othesemo
2012-05-30, 05:12 PM
In descending order, jazz, classical and sparing classic rock.

Mauve Shirt
2012-05-30, 05:14 PM
Is it lyrics-focused? Does it have a catchy tune? I like it!
My favorite music includes They Might Be Giants, OK Go, Jonathan Coulton, almost everything British Invasion.

ForzaFiori
2012-05-30, 07:47 PM
I listen to a crapton of rock: RHCP, Incubus, Relient K, GnR,A7X, the Beatles, Linea 77, if I missed a genre (that doesn't involve the word "pop" in it's description), pick a major band from it, I probably listen to them. I also intersperse the rock with rap (Eminem, Tech n9ne, Lil Wayne, pretty much anything), Country (Hank Jr, Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum, Zac Brown Band, stuff like that) and Dubstep (pretty much any artist).

Remmirath
2012-05-30, 08:19 PM
I listen to mostly metal, some classic rock, some alternative, and probably some things that don't fit into any of those definitions (categorising things has never been my strong point).

A list of favourites for the curious, in the rough order of what I feel at the moment:

Dio, Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Subway to Sally, Gamma Ray, Avantasia, Demons & Wizards, Heaven & Hell, Edguy, Helloween, Judas Priest, Schandmaul, Iron Maiden, Rainbow, The Lord Weird Slough Feg, Megadeth, Queen, Blue Oyster Cult, Hawkwind, Queensryche, Die Aerzte, Iced Earth, Domine, Black Sabbath, Dead Kennedys, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Alice Cooper, Ozzy, David Bowie, Stratovarius.

AtlanteanTroll
2012-05-30, 08:33 PM
My four favorite genres/types of music are punk and it's deratives, those found in musicals, those found in videogame soundtracks, and 80s arena rock.

My favorite artists, in alphabetical order, would have to be: The Beatles, Bad Religion, Bowling for Soup, Foo Fighters, Green Day, I Fight Dragons, Linkin Park, New Found Glory, The Offspring, Simple Plan, Sum 41, and Two Door Cinema Club.

Honorable mentions to The All-American Rejects, Bayside, Billy Joel, The Clash, Crush 40, Daft Punk, Eve 6, Fall Out Boy, FLOW, Genesis, Good Charlotte, Jimmy Eat World, The Killers, The Lonely Island, Patent Pending, Phil Collins, The Psycho Nubs, Ramones, They Might Be Giants, Third Eye Blind, Three Days Grace, and Weird Al.

I'm actually pretty weird with my music though, in that I almost never enjoy full albums. In fact, the only complete albums I own are: Storm Front by Billy Joel, American Idiot by Green Day, 1 by the Beatles, the Soundtrack to Sonic Adventure Battle 2, Tourist History by Two Door Cinema Club, and Still Not Getting Any by Simple Plan.

I feel like I've typed up way too much and now you all think I'm crazy/know far too much about me.

prufock
2012-05-30, 08:37 PM
Changes periodically, but lately my playlists consist mostly of:

Big Sugar
Grady
Aerosmith
Foo Fighters
the Motorleague
Vireo
Our Lady Peace
White Stripes
I Mother Earth
CAKE

Grue Bait
2012-05-31, 01:21 AM
I've been getting into a huge variety of stuff lately, but some bands I listen to:

AWOLNation
The Wombats
Gorillaz
Mumford and Sons
Fair to Midland
The Shins
Death Cab for Cutie
Gotye
fun.
Of Monsters and Men
Cage the Elephant
Evan's Blue
Eve-6
30 Seconds to Mars
Flogging Molly

Feytalist
2012-05-31, 01:47 AM
Last.fm tells me my favourite bands are:

Therion
Moonspell
Blind Guardian
Kamelot
Tiamat
Symphony X
Diary of Dreams
Lumsk
Dargaard
Nine Inch Nails
Shadow Gallery
The Black Keys
Ozzy Osbourne
Radiohead
Leaves' Eyes

Which... yeah, okay, I guess that's about right.

I'll throw in Agalloch and Falkenbach in there as well.

So I'll listen to:
metal (power, prog, symph, gothic, folk, doom, Viking, black)
classic rock, gothic rock
darkwave, neoclassical, dark ambient
industrial, EBM, electroindustrial
and recently I got hooked on world fusion music as well. But then, I've always liked Enigma and Deep Forest and stuff, so whatever.

SDF
2012-05-31, 10:14 AM
There are only two interesting things about me:
I have beautiful hair and I ONLY like NOISE

Oh, and here are some bands I listen to
Japandroids (Just released the greatest album ever written)
Death From Above 1979 (I <3 tinnitus)
Los Campesinos!
Modest Mouse
Built to Spill (Boise represent)
Dinosaur Jr
Cloud Cult
Boris
Circle Takes the Square
The Mae Shi
Sloan (Sloan is nobody's favorite band)
Johnny Foreigner
Okkervil River
The Pixies
The White Stripes
Pedro the Lion
Sleigh Bells
The Thermals (Kathy Foster is my celeb crush)
This Will Destroy You