PDA

View Full Version : Please Delete This Thread

Lejosh
2012-06-10, 07:20 AM
Hello GITP people, this is my first Homebrew thread so please don’t be to harsh when looking at my ideas.

In the old stories, there are references to other worlds close to ours. Worlds visible to the naked eye, that float in the sky like clouds. They speak of worlds covered by jungles and others as dry as deserts, worlds where the sun never sets and the night never ends. These are the forgotten worlds, the worlds The Ancestors feared.

In this Universe design my idea is to make 10 worlds which will be inhabited by a vast variety of creatures from altered designs of elves, dwarfs, etc., to Furyans and Wraith. All of the 10 worlds in this universe are the only ones in existence and they are all linked, by a special space called Praxium (which is why the name is as it is). There is no way for the planets to interact with each other apart from creating holes in the Praxium to travel through to other planets. Praxium is the very bases of this universes existence and as such is very delicate to work with.

Each planet will have its own timeline, its own history, beliefs, science and people/creatures that are its and no others. Even the race of Humans, most common on planets, will be slightly different from world to world due to the different environments they have had to evolve in.

To begin with i wil post ideas as they come to me, as dot points or quick notes, and then i will compose the ideas as they come together better. I will also accept ideas from people on the forums and try to think of way to adapt them into my work.

Lejosh
2012-06-10, 07:21 AM
Planets

Spartiate
Spartiate is one of the smaller of the planets in the Praxium. In around 400BCE on Earth, a medium sized Spartan settlement disappeared. There was no attack, no fire, no reason to explain it, and the most confusing things for the Spartans, all the building were gone too, there was nothing left of the town.

The next day when the missing village awoke, non of their surrounds where familiar to them. Unknown to them they had slipped through a hole in the Praxium and fell onto another world. After for several years, trying to find another group of people to tell them where they were, they gave up and began to continue their culture as it was before they had appeared on this strange new world. They quickly found that there were many new and exotic animals on this new world that they could use for a variety of things. One of the earliest animals they adopted into their culture was the Adipem, which was used for food production.

It has been exactly 3515 years since Spartiate was colonised, and in that time the whole planet has been explored. There are great roads well travelled between cities that connect every city on the planet in a web unlike that of the other planets found in the Praxium. The Spartan army is still one of great power, even though their technology hasn't changed very much since coming to this new world, their shields and weapons are stronger than anything found on Earth begin made out of mix of animal shells and metals found on their new planet.

Myths and religions of the Spartans haven't changed since they first arrived, their home is now just an old wives tale told to young children to help them sleep. There is now whole city where the Ephors, now numbering in the hundreds, live, and, same as when they lived one Earth, once every 10 years, they leave their city and travel across the world, collecting the most beautiful of the women in the world and bringing them all back to their city to belong to them. This is the only time when a woman can be claimed as owned by any man.

Lejosh
2012-06-10, 07:24 AM
Reserved for notes*

Lejosh
2012-06-10, 07:25 AM
Reserved for notes**

Welknair
2012-06-10, 01:02 PM
1. I think this would fit better in the "World Building" subforum.

2. A very interesting idea! I'm curious to see where it goes.

3. For the race variations, may I suggest looking at the variations in Unearthed Arcana as a starting point?

Lejosh
2012-06-10, 07:43 PM
Changelog:
11/06/12 - added Spartiate to the planets list

1. I think this would fit better in the "World Building" subforum.

2. A very interesting idea! I'm curious to see where it goes.

3. For the race variations, may I suggest looking at the variations in Unearthed Arcana as a starting point?

I wasnt sure whether to put it there or here, so i put it here because im also adding a campaign idea

Welknair
2012-06-10, 10:55 PM
I wasnt sure whether to put it there or here, so i put it here because im also adding a campaign idea

Campaign ideas would either go in the Roleplaying Games section, or perhaps still World Building if it was centered around events in said world. The actual Homebrew section is mostly for mechanics-material created by forumgoers. These are things like classes, feats, spells, monsters, and so on. Even if you end up creating these as a byproduct of your world-building, I believe it still would go in the subforum. I would suggest either PMing a Mod or using the little report button to politely ask for a move. You're much more likely to get the kind of feedback you're looking for if this thread is in the appropriate section.

LordErebus12
2012-06-10, 11:18 PM
are we allowed to submit our own?

have an idea for two worlds, one with dark elves, orcs, goblins, and other dark denizens in majority and one with a normal range of goodly races. they are in fact two moons circling a gas giant at the same rate. portals that cover both worlds link the two directly.

Lejosh
2012-06-12, 11:10 PM
are we allowed to submit our own?

have an idea for two worlds, one with dark elves, orcs, goblins, and other dark denizens in majority and one with a normal range of goodly races. they are in fact two moons circling a gas giant at the same rate. portals that cover both worlds link the two directly.

It an interesting idea, look for my thread in world building named Praxium and comment there when you have a little build to your ideas and then email them to me so i can have a look at them. I will of course give credit to you, althougth they will be open to change as I see fit along with mixing ideas from other people.