PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf: Under Siege

Pages : [1] 2

Ur-Quan
2012-06-10, 08:11 AM
Werewolf: Under Siege

The City of Desperation

Narrator: Ur-Quan

This game is the start of my, if Heavens permit, new series. This game is not planned with narrator indiscretion in mind. I will hold secrets, I will keep some things shady and I will be the ultimate judge in the game. If games where the narrator has The Last Word in any argument aren't to your liking, you can skip the game. That being said, I will keep my decisions ultimately indiscriminate. I might like some people, I might dislike others, but as a narrator, I will be completely evil and malevolent to everyone, without looking at the name/display picture. :smallwink:

Take a moment, hell, take a few, to read all the rules carefully.

Rules:
THE CONTACT IS EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH THE THREAD. The only game-related contact you can and should have is through the thread and officially issued QT threads. That means no sharing of your own QT, no sharing of the given QTs and no PMs.

Each player will have their own personal QT, to send in night actions and ask questions.

Roles are not revealed on death per say, but might be easier or harder to depict from the narrations.

This is a game with two wolf teams. One is a team of blind wolves, the other is a smaller team of more organized wolves.

Each player will have something to do. Whether it might be a minor or a major power, no one will be left to twiddle their thumbs.

Therefore, a high level of participation/discussion is required! If you aren't posting, you may and will be replaced.

You might edit posts, but you're forbidden to do so in major ways, as in purges and scrubs of large amounts of text. Editing out a spelling mistake or clarifying a sentence is okay, changing the whole point of your post is not. Therefore, you are allowed to edit your post only if there's no new posts after it. Anything later will be penalized, with repeated offenders getting replaced.

When day phase ends and a THIRD of the living players is voting for a player, that player gets lynched. In case of two lynchees having over 1/3 of the votes, the one with majority gets lynched. If no decision is reached by the end of the day or if the decision was for a no-lynch, the executioner player, if alive, may choose a target for the lynch. That player'll be lynched.

It is forbidden for players to post in-thread during the night phase.

Day lasts 72 hours maximum, night lasts 48 hours.

Game ends when one side wipes out the other or when that becomes inevitable.

If there is no kill at night, the reason will not be revealed. In other words, you won't know if the Assailant hit a bane or hit a wolf. The intended target is also not mentioned. All that will be posted is: "No one died tonight."

Backstory:

One city on a major trading route. Two armies. Few good men.

The Inquisition keeps the city under the tight lock of its Command, but its grip is falling apart under the flying inferno being unleashed upon its walls, as well as its citizens. To make matters worse, the enemies have infiltrated the citadel, and now, there have been reports of traitors and deserters, not willing to give their lives for the ultimate cause.

The aim is clear here. Eliminate anyone out of line. Raze the escape tunnels, route the rebels. Behead the spies and gauntlet the traitors with a bloody end. The Inquisition will have it no other way.

The city of Swarok is a bloody place to live in at the moment. Between The Silver Sighted Order and The Inquisition's blade, citizens have to choose their allegiance. Whether to surrender the city to the aggressors in silver or to keep under their crimson watcher's gaze, the events in the citadel will decide. Safe from the stones and famine, safe from starvation and fatigue, the powers of this city lie prey to something far more sinister and deadly. A quick slash, an effective stab, and the balance of power shifts ever so slightly.

Who shall win this struggle for control? Who shall decide the future of this wretched place? That's yet to unravel before your eyes... stay a while and participate. :smallsmile:

Roles:
Some of the more important roles are revealed. Most are not.

The Inquisitive Command: (Town)

The Count: The Count gets the rule in the city, and the allegiance of most men. Under the current state, his power is waning quickly, as the chaos rises. The Count can ask The Narrator to confirm his role openly in the chat via saying I am The Count! The Count also has an extra life.

The Invoked Council: The Council is a group of connected city-men, holding great power in their hands. They know each other. However, one of them is a sleeper agent, woken after certain conditions. The Turncloak will be ignorant of this until it comes to pass.

The Name-keeper: Counting the dead in a siege is hard work to be done. Identifies the details of each player which died during the day stage.

The Commissar: With his big blade, he has the authority of choosing the victim in a state of unrest. Has the ability to choose the lynch if the town doesn't do so, as well as the ability to sacrifice himself to decide that days lynch target.

The Infiltrated: (Wolves 1)

The Commander: Commanding the infiltrated spies, he is the alpha wolf. He can choose a player each night, that player will be killed unless protected. If he targets an ally, they will team up into their own QT. If The Commander gets lynched, he will take an enemy with him. After he dies, his NK goes to another, random wolf. If he dies, the kill will not happen that night.

The Turncloak: One of the Invoked, paid with blood and gold, ready to turn his cloak in the key moment. When he gets called, he'll know.

The Puppeteer: Can identify the roles of men he choses. He also can decide to activate the sleeper agent in the council, and, after The Cleaver dies, can decide lynch results once, in case of inactivity. He and The Commander can have seperate QTs.

The Rebelled: (Wolves 2)

The Instigator: An alpha wolf with two apprentices, he chooses a night target each night. That target will be removed from play until The Instigator wins or dies. If he gets night killed, all his targets die, except the wolves. If he gets lynched, his targets get back into the play, with a random fraction of captured wolves getting killed. It might be none, or it might be all of them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This game will have no neutral roles.
There will be one or more baners, voiders and scriers in the game.
You might ask questions in your own QTs or in the thread and I will answer them in the place you've asked.
Any rule changes will be public.

Apply for your spot in the game below. Recruitment is open until further notice.

Player List:
Grue Bait The Grimmace Vesth Internet Flea Elemental Ramsus Methosh Gray Mage The Grue TBFProgrammer otakuryoga Gnomish Wanderer Maxios Tom the Mime Bladescape usourselves&we Sir Ebonwolf Istari Zar Peter Lord Loss Lex-Kat Venetian Mask Gnome Gninjas C'Nor DiscipleofBob

Grue Bait
2012-06-12, 06:09 PM
In, please. :smallsmile:

Zjoot
2012-06-12, 06:20 PM
In like something saccharine.

Vesth
2012-06-12, 07:48 PM
In as...oh god, Grimmace, is that a lion?! Run for your lives!

Internet Flea
2012-06-12, 08:02 PM
In with gin.

Elemental
2012-06-13, 04:07 AM
In as...oh god, Grimmace, is that a lion?! Run for your lives!

Not just any lion, a royal lion!
*bows*
Your majesty...
Now we run.

Yes, that means I'm in.

Vesth
2012-06-13, 05:01 AM
A crown maketh not a king, for the crown is merely a symbol....which you should test right now, while I make myself scarse :smallbiggrin:

Ramsus
2012-06-13, 12:35 PM
Well seeing as how I was invited I guess it would be rude of me not to.

MethosH
2012-06-13, 01:34 PM
count me in :D

Gray Mage
2012-06-13, 07:45 PM
Interessed. On the Count's role information, I assume the chat means the thread? Because if it means the QT it wouldn't be very impressive (or any kind of impressive).

Ur-Quan
2012-06-14, 01:00 AM
Yeah, it does mean the thread.

The Grue
2012-06-14, 05:47 AM
Sign me up. Or in. Whichever you prefer.

Internet Flea
2012-06-14, 08:54 AM
...wait, just saw this.

Day phase ends when a THIRD of the living players is reached.

So wolves get lynch control at 33%?

Ur-Quan
2012-06-14, 08:56 AM
Ah, that's actually an error. I meant that a third is required for a lynch, but majority decides the target. So wolves could control the lynch at 33% if the town doesn't care.

The Grue
2012-06-14, 09:22 AM
Ah, that's actually an error. I meant that a third is required for a lynch, but majority decides the target. So wolves could control the lynch at 33% if the town doesn't care.

If I'm not mistaken, the observation was that once the wolves consist of 33% the active players, they win, ie have "lynch control". Following your statement, this does seem to be the case - how can the town avoid a wolf-controlled lynch at 33%, even if they "care", if they day automatically ends when 33% of the votes are in?

Seems like your answer to the question was, "Yes indeed, wolves have lynch control at 33%".

Internet Flea
2012-06-14, 09:34 AM
I think he was saying the day doesn't actually end at that 33% mark, but that's the minimum for a lynch.

Ur-Quan
2012-06-14, 09:46 AM
I think he was saying the day doesn't actually end at that 33% mark, but that's the minimum for a lynch.

Exactly that.

The Grue
2012-06-14, 10:04 AM
Ah, I see.

So each day lasts exactly 72 hours then?

Ur-Quan
2012-06-14, 10:12 AM
As exactly as possible.

Penguinator
2012-06-14, 10:30 AM
"Roles are not revealed on death per say, but might be easier or harder to depict from the narrations."

Ooh, I ought to start using that.

I'm in, but I don't expect to make it past the first night. I never do in games like this.

TBFProgrammer
2012-06-14, 07:00 PM
If I sign up for this one, then USB will actually start and I will continue to live in Witch-hunt, just so I don't have the time to really play any of them. This is wild speculation / explaining the circumstances where I could end up not posting the entire first day of this.

Predicting the wolves that don't yet know each other will win.

Grue Bait
2012-06-14, 07:48 PM

This should be... interesting. :smallbiggrin:

I'm blaming you for my inevitable death. :smalltongue:

otakuryoga
2012-06-14, 09:08 PM
i am here to be killed

Gnomish Wanderer
2012-06-15, 01:13 PM
In. May our enemies be ferreted out one at a time.

Zjoot
2012-06-15, 01:28 PM
We're playing against ferrets? :smallconfused:

otakuryoga
2012-06-15, 02:13 PM
We're playing against ferrets? :smallconfused:

well...what else would you use to take out slaver wasps?

Internet Flea
2012-06-15, 02:40 PM
well...what else would you use to take out slaver wasps?

Nunchucks?

Maxios
2012-06-15, 03:01 PM
I'm in :smallsmile:

Tom the Mime
2012-06-16, 08:35 PM
I'm in. I've got a bit more time free after breaking my wrist.

Penguinator
2012-06-16, 08:45 PM
That's got to be hell for your typing.

Internet Flea
2012-06-16, 08:58 PM
That's got to be hell for your typing.

Naw, he can just use words that only use his other hand. :smalltongue:

Tom the Mime
2012-06-16, 09:58 PM
Naw, he can just use words that only use his other hand. :smalltongue:

Rest dear. Ferrets were severed?:smallwink:

I was never great at touch typing so it's slowed it down but not too much. And anyway, for this, the thinking takes far longer than the typing.

bladescape
2012-06-16, 11:25 PM
Dropping in, again. Again.

The Grue
2012-06-17, 10:42 AM
I haven't actually played a Werewolf game on GitP before. What sort of target are we aiming for in terms of player count?

Ur-Quan
2012-06-17, 01:12 PM
I'd love 30 people. I can handle less, but that'd mean culling stuff.

The Grue
2012-06-17, 01:43 PM
Out of curiosity, how does that figure compare with the usual game size on these forums?

Ramsus
2012-06-17, 01:51 PM
30 is about average narrator aim for large games. We have been having trouble getting that many people though. Average size around here is about 20 players I think.

Penguinator
2012-06-17, 01:54 PM
Depends on who's around, and what kind of game, much like Ramsus says.

There are people who won't play certain types. I don't like Classic enough to want to play another one. Many people don't like blind games or blind-ish games.

People like Murska show up from time to time, many just playing for the nostalgia any more. That's why a huge cult forms to play in Classic games.

usourselves&we
2012-06-18, 03:01 PM
Would like to be in on this, recruiting is still going, right? yeah, looks like it.

Sir Ebonwolf
2012-06-19, 06:28 AM
Count me in. By the wy, who knows what the conditions for going up a forum rank is?

Elemental
2012-06-19, 06:51 AM
Going up a Forum rank?
I just so happen to have a link readily available...
The official explanation. (It's up to date as well) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659)

Basically, when your number of posts reaches a certain level, your rank increases. Any posts in the SMBG and its subsections don't count.

Zar Peter
2012-06-19, 07:31 AM
I'm in, but I won't be able to post between July, 8th to July 16th, if that's a problem.

Istari
2012-06-19, 09:22 AM
In, don't really have much else to say.

Lord Loss
2012-06-19, 05:37 PM
Count me in, I've haven't played one of these in forever

Lex-Kat
2012-06-20, 01:02 PM

This should be... interesting. :smallbiggrin:

I'm blaming you for my inevitable death. :smalltongue:

:smallconfused: There's two of you? One's the Grue, and the other's his bait? :smalleek:

Oh, and I'm in, by request. :smallsmile:

The Grue
2012-06-20, 03:03 PM
I know, right? We've never even met before. I'm just as surprised as you are(not to mention poor Baity over there).

I'm afraid what's going to happen is Bait will be one of the first players to die, and I'll be put in front of the firing squad as the most logical suspect for killing him.

Zjoot
2012-06-20, 06:15 PM
Note to self: If wolf, kill Grue Bait, blame Grue...

It's the perfect plan!

Venetian Mask
2012-06-20, 06:32 PM
Now that I'm out of Medieval I have all the time I need to continue on here. I'm in.

GnomeGninjas
2012-06-20, 06:53 PM
This looks fun.

Grue Bait
2012-06-21, 01:17 AM
I know, right? We've never even met before. I'm just as surprised as you are(not to mention poor Baity over there).

I'm afraid what's going to happen is Bait will be one of the first players to die, and I'll be put in front of the firing squad as the most logical suspect for killing him.
No we haven't, but I bet you look like one of those guys on those neighborhood watch signs, while I'm clearly an adorable blonde baby with a lollipop. :smallbiggrin:

Note to self: If wolf, kill Grue Bait, blame Grue...

It's the perfect plan!
Eh, I blame you for everything anyway. :smallwink:

Ur-Quan
2012-06-26, 11:30 AM
Entering the final stretch of recruitment. The game will officially start on the fifth day in the seventh month of year 2012. (5.7.)

As long as you notify me of your absence and provide a list of targets for your night action, you can stay away for up to 10 days, for those who wondered.

Lady Serpentine
2012-06-26, 11:42 AM
I'll go ahead and join...

DiscipleofBob
2012-06-27, 11:09 AM
I'd like to join if that's all right.

Newbie here. I've played these kinds of games IRL, but not online.

Lex-Kat
2012-06-28, 02:12 AM
I'll be gone for the next few days. So try not to kill me while I'm away. Thank you. :smallsmile:

Vesth
2012-06-28, 06:01 AM
I'd like to join if that's all right.

Newbie here. I've played these kinds of games IRL, but not online.

Welcome! We always love the new players. Promise not to try to lynch you early...

bladescape
2012-06-28, 06:37 AM
Pbp WW is the best. :smallbiggrin:

Welcome Bob. :smallsmile:

Lex-Kat
2012-06-28, 11:46 AM
He's not Bob. He's a disciple of Bob.

DiscipleofBob
2012-06-28, 12:32 PM
He's not Bob. He's a disciple of Bob.

Thank you.

So many people get that wrong, and you have to correct them since technically it's a heresy, but you don't want to be that guy and it's just always a mess. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2012-06-28, 01:11 PM
Yes, I can see how that would be a problem. So, are you a disciple of the one true Bob? Or one of the wannabe Bobs populating the world?

DiscipleofBob
2012-06-28, 01:27 PM
Yes, I can see how that would be a problem. So, are you a disciple of the one true Bob? Or one of the wannabe Bobs populating the world?

That depends. Which one are you talking about?

You could be working for Bob the werewolf for all I know.

/plug

Vesth
2012-06-28, 05:59 PM
Nah. Lex probably works for Bob the pixie :smalltongue:

Penguinator
2012-06-29, 12:26 PM
Anyone work for Bob Fourapples?

Elemental
2012-06-29, 11:44 PM
I just don't work for anyone named Bob.
*gasp*
I'm a blaspheming heretic!

bladescape
2012-06-30, 05:08 AM
I don't work for a Bob either! D:

GnomeGninjas
2012-06-30, 11:52 AM
This looks fun.

That was equivalent to saying "In!". I don't know if you realized that because I wasn't put on the list.

The Grue
2012-06-30, 02:47 PM
To be fair, "This looks fun" is kind of ambiguous as to whether you intend to play or not.

GnomeGninjas
2012-06-30, 05:35 PM
At the time it seemed like it would perfectly convey me wanting to play without being unoriginal and saying "In!" though when I look back on it it does seem ambiguous.

Ur-Quan
2012-06-30, 06:33 PM
Well, it's resolved now, and also, today's the last day of you guys applying.

Ur-Quan
2012-07-02, 05:45 AM
And we're done. You'll have your role posts, and I'll open the game a day after I resolve all of those. Expect them in the next week, and C'nor, please keep your inbox non-full. :D

Lex-Kat
2012-07-02, 07:55 PM
That depends. Which one are you talking about?

You could be working for Bob the werewolf for all I know.

/plug

Well, since I am the One True Bob, I don't work for any of the false bobs, therefore I am talking about myself. :smallbiggrin:

The Grue
2012-07-02, 08:28 PM
...which would make you insane if your conversations with yourself didn't make sense, which they do. And a man talking sense to himself is no more insane than a man talking nonsense not to himself. Or just as insane.

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-02, 11:07 PM
Well, since I am the One True Bob, I don't work for any of the false bobs, therefore I am talking about myself. :smallbiggrin:

Bob says you're confused.

Lex-Kat
2012-07-03, 09:21 PM
YOu poor deluded soul. :smallfrown: Of course a false bob would say that. *Pats DiscipleofBob on the head*

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-03, 10:02 PM
YOu poor deluded soul. :smallfrown: Of course a false bob would say that. *Pats DiscipleofBob on the head*

:smallannoyed:

You know Old Testament Bob would've smote you for that.

Fortunately, we got New Testament Bob who just doesn't give a ****.

Ramsus
2012-07-03, 11:22 PM
You know, if none of you are going to get the rest of us some apples, we really just aren't going to care. :smalltongue:

The Grue
2012-07-03, 11:46 PM
:smallannoyed:

You know Old Testament Bob would've smote you for that.

Fortunately, we got New Testament Bob who just doesn't give a ****.

There are, of course, those of us who believe that, while the Bob of the New Testament was indeed an upstanding chap, he was not the true messiah.

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-03, 11:47 PM
You know, if none of you are going to get the rest of us some apples, we really just aren't going to care. :smalltongue:

Bob deals mostly in Doritos. Preferably of the nacho cheese variety.

They're sort of like communion wafers only cool.

EDIT: I think this entire conversation can be pretty much summed up as "Wait, what were you talking about?"

The Grue
2012-07-03, 11:48 PM
Bob deals mostly in Doritos. Preferably of the nacho cheese variety.

They're sort of like communion wafers only cool.

Also, you have them with some kind of artichoke or spinnach dip instead of wine.

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-03, 11:51 PM
Also, you have them with some kind of artichoke or spinnach dip instead of wine.

Guacomole is acceptable as well. As are most delicious nacho-esque mixes.

Vesth
2012-07-04, 12:30 AM
Blasphemy! Blasphemy!

One does not dilute the Cheese with Nachos. The Cheese is the moon. The Cheese is everything. The Cheese is all.

Ramsus
2012-07-04, 01:46 AM
Hmph. Anyone who knows anything about nothing knows that Bob is for apples.

Vesth
2012-07-04, 02:44 AM
Hmph. Anyone who knows anything about nothing knows that Bob is for apples.

Precisely! You can't know anything about Nothing! Because it's Nothing! If you know anything about it, it becomes a paradox. We can only know anything about something because something is the only thing to know anything about. :smalltongue:

The Grue
2012-07-04, 02:58 AM
Blasphemy! Blasphemy!

One does not dilute the Cheese with Nachos. The Cheese is the moon. The Cheese is everything. The Cheese is all.

Where I come from, you can dip your chips in whatever you like so long as the dip has been sanctified by a licensed Bobite dip-sanctifier. There's a special isle in the grocery store for pre-sanctified dips.

Tom the Mime
2012-07-04, 03:47 AM
Precisely! You can't know anything about Nothing! Because it's Nothing! If you know anything about it, it becomes a paradox. We can only know anything about something because something is the only thing to know anything about. :smalltongue:
But if you know anything about something you know something about nothing given that nothing isn't anything. :smalltongue:

I guess being a disciple of Bob would have its ups and downs.

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-04, 07:49 AM
Excuse me, I need to go ask a mod if this thread counts as religious persecution, brb.

:smalltongue:

The Grue
2012-07-05, 05:44 PM
So, it's now Thursday. Has anyone received their role-posts yet?

Ur-Quan
2012-07-05, 05:57 PM
Keep patient. The Narrator has been accepted into his college at the cost of the state, because he's an awesome guy like that. That kept me busy, but I should send them all out by sunday, as well as start the game.

The Grue
2012-07-05, 06:03 PM
Whoah! Grats! :D

The Grue
2012-07-09, 08:40 PM
While I'm not unsympathetic to real-life concerns, I would like to make it known that I refrained from signing up to another WW game, which has now started, in order to give this one my full attention.

I don't mean to pester, but I would appreciate an update if nothing else.

Ur-Quan
2012-07-10, 05:09 AM
The roles are starting to be sent. I am writing the opening narration. The game is going to start in maximally 10 hours. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Elemental
2012-07-10, 06:36 AM
So before I get up tomorrow morning?
Excellent.

Ur-Quan
2012-07-10, 06:55 AM
The roles have been decided and are being sent out at the moment. I expect everyone to post in their QT. I'll open the narration when I've got over half of the confirmations. I've noted the inactives, but do post their names here just in case. I don't want to remove someone by accident.

Elemental
2012-07-10, 07:09 AM
Looking forward to the start of play.

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-10, 08:17 AM
All right, I'm going to ask a really stupid question to cement my noobish status in this:

What does QT in this context mean?

Ur-Quan
2012-07-10, 08:19 AM
Check your inbox.

Also, C'Nor, damn it to seven hells, clear your inbox. Always the same issues with you. PM me with your email or something, otherwise.

Ur-Quan
2012-07-10, 08:42 AM
All roles have been sent.

Vesth
2012-07-10, 12:28 PM
All right, I'm going to ask a really stupid question to cement my noobish status in this:

What does QT in this context mean?

QT means QuickTopic. It's like your own private discussions with whoever you want. Way better than spamming tons of PMs :smallsmile:

Zjoot
2012-07-10, 12:52 PM
In other words, it's the only reason C'nor can play. :smalltongue:

Ur-Quan
2012-07-10, 01:36 PM
For everyone: Yes, barring me saying otherwise, you're town.

Ur-Quan
2012-07-11, 12:34 PM
I'll put the narration in under 12 hours. I'll ask these people to post in their QTs:

Istari
Sir Ebonwolf
Maxios
Grue Bait
Methosh
Zar Peter
Penguinator
C'Nor

Grue Bait
2012-07-11, 12:47 PM
:smallconfused: I did post in my QT...

Ramsus
2012-07-11, 01:07 PM
So did I! In Grue's I mean. :smalltongue:

The Grue
2012-07-11, 04:41 PM
I, too, posted in Grue's QT.

Which Grue I'm talking about I'll leave as an exercise for the reader.

Ur-Quan
2012-07-11, 07:21 PM
Day 1: The Beginning of an End

The city was being surrounded. The docks are barren, the waters red with blood. There will be no more food entering this land. Luckily, you, the greater ones, are safe. The Citadel is hidden behind two walls, with a wall of its own. The fields which surround Swarok are nothing to dismiss easily, though. Thousands of bloodthirsty enemies waiting. Thousands waiting for your blood.

"I know they have spies in MY city. I know that they're working for my life right now. They want to kill me, well, I'll give them a struggle they'll never forget. NEVER." The Count was in with his royal court. There was no time to waste. There was never time to waste while the sieges were underway. "I want heads loose, I want them loose now." He smiled sickly and sent his Commissar off, off to make the people find the spies, or else.

The counter of heads and the keeper of names was doing his work near the second gate. "John Haeton, Fredrick Rikter, Adam Closter... so much names, none of them mean a thing. So much names to write in my heavy tome, so much identities lost to this beast, beast which is war... we're here to feed it, though. It can't go hungry, no no no." Name-keeper was busy contemplating his future and his past. Contemplating the names written down, and the names just waiting to have the same destiny.

"Morning Gentlemen. I apologize for waking you at this early hour, but my reports suggest that the darkest hours of this siege have only just begun. I hereby call this meeting of The Invoked Council to order."
Cloaked figures arrange, four of them in a circle, each of them holding a small slip of paper. They are the power of this city, Count or not. They mumble worrisome, they speak of war, they speak of betrayal...
"I hear of the rumbling of war at our gates, and that even one of us is weak to a little coin and will turn at the wrong moment."
Spoken words mean little, though. They mean near to nothing. Deeds are those which matter.
"It is useless to shed the blood of innocents with so little information at out disposal. Rather, we should bide our time and strike when it is imperative that we do so."
The Invoked wait eagerly. The times are harsh, the punishment for failure merciless. They expect themselves to carry on with their task and finish this siege victorious.

Behind doors marked with dried blood, behind curtains of crimson colours, sits a lonesome figure, in front of seven figures. "My little pets, my dear lizards, my feverish flies. You'll all dance to my tune, you'll all find the one I hold dear and dire in same regard. You'll find me the one who misuses his divine right..." It giggles while its long fingers wrap around Punishment, Reward and Knowledge.

A knowledgeable person hides in his own parlour. With smoke dark and the chambers damp, his visions show people of importance. "Who shall the flame identify, who shall be shown. Of divining, I know all. Clairvoyant am I, no one shall hide. The truth shall be found, and I'll seek it until the day I die. There is not going to be ANY who oppose my dear powers, empowered by all the blood spilled under the scarlet skies."

Knights, however, teamed up in the halls. "I shall not be played a fool. There is no one who has escaped my blade, and there will be no one who shall do so. I will make sure." The anger was palpable, and this ill-reputed knight was holding his temper on a bristle leash. The trio of other knights turned their head away from the ill mannered man, speaking with united intent... "War is a terrible thing, and we feel you wrong for feeding this beast of burden. There is no reason for death here, no reason at all..."
From the distance, two figures of note watched at the discussion, The Faith's Commander and the Benevolent General, two figures of importance. One of them leading the earthly men onto heavenly riches in the afterlife with upmost care, the other a heavenly man sent to this place to bring peace with earthly force.

Under the nose of all these men worked the duo of beastly men. The Commander of the aggressors alongside his master spy, the Puppeteer, orchestrate a sinister coup. "You shall not recognize me until I'm right under your blade, and that's for the better. These fools shall not know of our connection. None of our agents know each other until I say so, and you'll see me when the time is right." They dissipated into the daylight, waiting until their time, waiting until the night.

First catapulted shots start breaking the lower wall. This siege has officially entered the last stage. They will not try to starve us, they'll try to burn us and make us crash. May The Inquisition's force arrive soon enough, before these silver-sighted bastards manage to break us.

The morale was not increased after the city's sage, the knowledgeable master of books and tomes, the keeper of living names and the one person who knew everyone... was found dead. His throat was ripped from ear to ear and his list, titled "Traitors of the realm" was only signed with his own blood...

"There are no traitors"...

Ur-Quan was killed. He was the narrator.

Player list:

Grue Bait
Tom the Mime
Lex-Kat
Istari
Internet Flea
Maxios
Vesth
DiscipleofBob
The Grue
C'Nor
Elemental
Gray Mage
Gnomish Wanderer
Penguinator
Sir Ebonwolf
Bladescape
Venetian Mask
Gnome Gninjas
Lord Loss
otakuryoga
Ramsus
Methosh
usourselves&we
The Grimmace
TBFProgrammer
Zar Peter

Lex-Kat
2012-07-11, 10:16 PM
DiscipleOfBob, for worshipping a false Bob. :smallamused:

Elemental
2012-07-11, 10:29 PM
Goodness... Can we keep the philosophical debate about which Bob is which out of this?
Not that I have anything against Bob...

otakuryoga
2012-07-11, 10:34 PM
well, with no Fleeing Coward to take the vote i feel it is my duty to point at Tom the Mime because nobody likes mimes

Ramsus
2012-07-11, 11:11 PM
I think Ur-Quan needs to die twice. :smallbiggrin:

Vesth
2012-07-11, 11:17 PM
well, with no Fleeing Coward to take the vote i feel it is my duty to point at Tom the Mime because nobody likes mimes

But otakuryoga, I like mimes! They are cool! And a little creepy at times...

Gnomish Wanderer
2012-07-11, 11:22 PM
I, too, posted in Grue's QT.

Which Grue I'm talking about I'll leave as an exercise for the reader.
Oh noes, I forgot how challenging this is going to be. :smalltongue:

As for our day 1 randoms, I'm going to go with Zar Peter for being strangely quiet in his games lately. Support the initiative to make this a nice and talkative game, let's get the words flowing!

The Grue
2012-07-11, 11:27 PM
I vote to lynch myself, because I cannot in good conscience vote to randomlynch somebody.

Redacted.

Elemental
2012-07-11, 11:35 PM
I vote to lynch myself, because I cannot in good conscience vote to randomlynch somebody.

Or you could... Just not vote yet.
Always works for me.

Internet Flea
2012-07-11, 11:43 PM
...sigh.

The Grue is asking for it.

Tom the Mime
2012-07-12, 12:29 AM
Or you could... Just not vote yet.
Always works for me.
By works do you frequently made you look suspicious until people realised you always did that? If so, I agree.

And this seems similar to Medievil so aren't we going to use a pressuring system instead of voting everywhere willy-nilly on day one? Saying that, I guess I'll join the pressure on Grue for now.

Ramsus
2012-07-12, 12:30 AM
Yeah, self voting doesn't tend to go well here basically ever (this is at least in part because I usually make sure it doesn't).

Elemental
2012-07-12, 12:35 AM
By works do you frequently made you look suspicious until people realised you always did that? If so, I agree.

And this seems similar to Medievil so aren't we going to use a pressuring system instead of voting everywhere willy-nilly on day one? Saying that, I guess I'll join the pressure on Grue for now.

Yeah... I seem to radiate suspicion...

On other matters, we should probably starting pressuring people for information like you suggested.
For reasons of practicality, I shall write out the name in full.
The Grue... What is your role in our pleasant little besieged fortress?

And everyone, let's get this out of the way quickly so we don't kill him accidentally.

The Grue
2012-07-12, 12:39 AM
Oh, we can not vote? I thought I read that not voting makes you inactive or something.

My bad, haven't played WW on GitP before. I withdraw my self vote!

Edit: Also, I do know enough about WW in general to know that day 1 is waaaaaay too early to publicly reveal one's role. ;)

Grue Bait
2012-07-12, 12:41 AM
Like I really need a reason to vote for The Grue.

Edit: @Grue- Usually not voting for a day or two or more is considered inactivity.

Internet Flea
2012-07-12, 12:41 AM
Oh, we can not vote? I thought I read that not voting makes you inactive or something.

My bad, haven't played WW on GitP before. I withdraw my self vote!

It does make you inactive, but a game day lasts 72 hours and it's only been five, so there's a whole lot of time left to pick somebody.

Internet Flea
2012-07-12, 12:43 AM
Not to mention someone getting lynched for self-voting is funny, and people here like funny, especially on Day 1.

Elemental
2012-07-12, 01:27 AM
Edit: Also, I do know enough about WW in general to know that day 1 is waaaaaay too early to publicly reveal one's role. ;)

Unfortunately, in this particular game and many others, we're all blind. Except for a few of us. So, it's hard to decide who should die without some information from at least someone...

Would it all be possible for you please drop a tantalising and cryptic clue to keep our curiosity sated?
I'm not asking for a public declaration - we can all agree that's foolishness - just a hint of some kind.

I understand if you refuse. But I can't be certain all the rest of them will.

The Grue
2012-07-12, 01:35 AM
It seems some kind of reveal is necessary on my part to mitigate the repercussions of my attempt to be a smart-ass.

Very well. Mine is a protection/negation role of some sort.

Elemental
2012-07-12, 01:50 AM
Hmm... protection/negation...
The Grue.

I'll let someone else decide who to pressure next.

Ramsus
2012-07-12, 01:52 AM
You! (What, you said someone else. I am at least someone.)

Elemental
2012-07-12, 01:59 AM
You! (What, you said someone else. I am at least someone.)

You are indeed a person, and thus fall under someone else.

TBFProgrammer
2012-07-12, 06:30 AM
So, if that is the Grue's ability, then what can we conclude about the Grue's bait? Absolutely nothing, of course

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-12, 06:33 AM
Gruebait. who are you?

Elemental
2012-07-12, 07:19 AM
I suppose Grue Bait is as valid a target as any other.
So, what are you capable of Grue Bait apart from attracting teethed monstrosities and being generally awesome?
(No offence to The Grue)

The Grue
2012-07-12, 08:03 AM
None taken.

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-12, 08:22 AM
DiscipleOfBob, for worshipping a false Bob. :smallamused:

Fortunately, I require stronger criteria than someone making fun of my username to vote for someone. :smalltongue:

Agreed on waiting to see on what people say. I can't tell whether The Grue's early reveal is authentic or a misdirection. It's difficult to tell anything before the first lynch. Waiting to see what Grue Bait's response is.

Lord Loss
2012-07-12, 09:17 AM
I'd lynch The Grue, but I feel bad for going after the new guy. So I guess I'll lay some Grue Bait instead and hope he gives chase.

bladescape
2012-07-12, 11:31 AM
Lord Loss, you should do a bit more winning. So you aren't the lord of Loss anymore.:smalltongue:

Internet Flea
2012-07-12, 02:13 PM
Grue Bait, as a sort of reverse fishing maneuver.

Tom the Mime
2012-07-12, 06:28 PM
I'll move the pressure to Grue Bait from the Grue. Unless I'm wrong and Ur-Quan corrects me, I'd like to remind people we probably need to cross out votes the same way as we do in Medievil, doing it in the later post given:

Therefore, you are allowed to edit your post only if there's no new posts after it. Anything later will be penalized, with repeated offenders getting replaced.

Crossing out votes is a minor change so it might be allowed but there's no way that someone looking back at the post could know for sure that it was the only thing that was done (unless you bother with the email notification).

Ur-Quan
2012-07-12, 08:11 PM
You are free to cross out old votes. The rules detail is mainly to prevent any major-scale shenanigans from happening without punishment.

Gnomish Wanderer
2012-07-12, 08:16 PM
Quick question: Do you guys think this game is set up in such a manner that the pressure system will actually find itself useful and not just end up with us missing lynches without having to put forth any kind of argument about who the wolves are besides "I'm following the great pressure train!"?

I just haven't seen it work well in any games I've been in. I don't really see it working as well here unless people ALSO post their own thoughts and suspicions as we go so we can cross-reference evidence and all that.

The Grue
2012-07-12, 08:50 PM
While I concur, there's presently not a lot of information upon which to base any substantial accusations. Thus, I think pressuring folks at random is intended to elicit some kind of response to in turn provide us with data. Ie, without any reason to suspect any one person over any other, the only sensible course is to start pointing fingers wildly until somebody says something interesting.

Internet Flea
2012-07-12, 08:58 PM
I just haven't seen it work well in any games I've been in. I don't really see it working as well here unless people ALSO post their own thoughts and suspicions as we go so we can cross-reference evidence and all that.

This is true for every game, regardless of rules.

Grue Bait
2012-07-12, 11:15 PM
Okay, let's pull some of those votes off me; I'm useless when I'm dead.

Internet Flea
2012-07-12, 11:18 PM
That's... not a particularly useful claim.

Grue Bait
2012-07-12, 11:24 PM
It's not a claim at all. Should I claim, I'm likely to die no matter what. If I'm, say, a seer, everyone will take their votes off me, but the wolves will later rip my face off. However, if I was, say, a day-baner, people would think "Eh, we don't need him anyway" and lynch me. So all I'm saying is that I'm helpful to town, and it'd be a bad idea to lynch me. Like, really bad.

Elemental
2012-07-12, 11:46 PM
That's... Very helpful.
I'm not sure where to go from here, except make wild assumptions.

If you claim seer, someone with a baning power is bound to protect you, so I doubt that's what you are, or you would have hinted it.
And a day-baner isn't completely useless... And a waste of a lynch if we were to kill you.

So, I have one question: If we kill you, will one of us die?

Internet Flea
2012-07-12, 11:49 PM
So all I'm saying is that I'm helpful to town, and it'd be a bad idea to lynch me. Like, really bad.

So who would you rather lynch?

Gray Mage
2012-07-12, 11:55 PM
First day random vote goes to usourselves&we.

Grue Bait
2012-07-13, 12:08 AM
So who would you rather lynch?

Well, why don't we pressure you, Internet Flea?

Elemental
2012-07-13, 12:12 AM
And the lack of an answer to my question is mildly suspicious, but you probably missed it so I shall ask again.

Grue Bait... If we were to lynch you, would one of us die?

Grue Bait
2012-07-13, 12:15 AM
If I answered, that'd be an outright claim. However, it's rather unlikely that someone won't die after I kick the bucket.

Elemental
2012-07-13, 12:21 AM
Okay, I know kind of have a theory as to what you are.
Thus: Grue Bait.

Tom the Mime
2012-07-13, 07:49 PM
I'll add to the pressure on Flea but we've only got a day til the judge decides.

The Grue
2012-07-13, 08:38 PM
You know how the saying goes: When in Rome, pressure Internet Flea.

At least I think that's how the saying goes.

Internet Flea
2012-07-13, 09:01 PM
Lynching me won't do anything.

Grue Bait's talked, and MethosH hasn't.

Ur-Quan
2012-07-14, 04:28 AM
Might I add that RP is welcome? :P

Also, there're some issues with the time the game started, so this phase will probably last for a couple of hours longer.

Istari
2012-07-14, 02:14 PM
MethosH for pressure, not sure if it matters at this point though.

Zjoot
2012-07-14, 02:55 PM
I'll pressure MethosH.

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-14, 10:32 PM
MethosH for pressure because that always works. I don't think we have enough people who are active.

The Grue
2012-07-14, 10:59 PM
In light of a statement from Internet Flea, jumping onboard the MethosH bandwagon.

Elemental
2012-07-14, 11:32 PM
I suppose MethosH is a suitable target.

Grue Bait
2012-07-15, 12:41 AM
Onto the pressure wagon I go!

MethosH

Ur-Quan
2012-07-15, 05:46 AM
Day One has passed.

The Count was furious. He has given an order. It was denied. There were traitors left and right, there were enemies in his own court, it seems, and not even The Invoked Council has provided help for his own forces...

In the distance, he could see the rise of siege towers, he could feel the smell of army meals. He wasn't full. He wasn't hungry either, but he had not eaten the same these last days. The rationing has begun affecting even the top of the caste. This will not do. This will not do at all, these traitors need to fall, they need to crash and burn, and he'll take their heads himself if his Commissar will not.

The Guillotine remained sparkling clean, The Gallows swung tranquil, The Sword was entwined in its sheath.

The people? The people have just started their march. They shall lynch someone themselves, if the Count's men will not.

"String the spies up!"
"We need food, The Count will feed us if we find the spies, find the spies!"
"You are a spy!" "No, you are!"

A massive riot started taking shape, but then the herald went on and played a sound of royal news. "End this foolishness, your Count has given you an aim. Find spies rather than straggle here. He commands you through my word of mouth."

The people turned on, they've thought about going on The Herald, but there was not enough force behind them. There wasn't any force to power their blow. The Count's iron fist was still holding them in a tight grip...

But how long will it last?

Day result: No lynch.

Night 1 has started, you can send in your night actions to your QT's

Ur-Quan
2012-07-16, 06:49 AM
A reminder for you to send your night actions to your QTs. Also a way to show that I've put in the narration.

Ur-Quan
2012-07-17, 07:30 AM
Night One has passed.

Day 2: The Victims of Conflict

Outside the citadel grounds, there were fires, there was suffering. People were dying and they were transferred by large stacks, often thrown over the walls, to at least unleash disease upon the attackers with their deaths, if not resist with their lives.

A wicked grin glows as the needle strikes a wooden effigy. "Knowledge thou shalt have."

A man of great power has seen into a mirror. His knowledge shalt be unlocked only with a key, and he's the lock... Destiny has been quite benevolent to provide him with answers this early, oh, how foolish was he.

Children of servants, squires and honoured folks run around the citadel ground, ignorant of troubles bothering their parents and still sheltered, but for how much longer?

The indomitable one smiles, his knightly valor proved through mettle once more, his liege still alive, still standing.

The team of the rebelled ones was walking through the streets, inconspicuously. They were quietly talking between themselves, sharing no secrets with the noble surrounding of the citadel perimeter.

"Who shall we get on first? Who to contact... Who is easiest for us to convert to our cause?"

"I know not, my brother, but we'll have to be on lookout..."

As they've conversed, they noticed a woman of high birth passing ahead of them. Gnomish Wanderer was passing on, tears on her cheeks... behind her they had a sight to see.

A family, fatigued and suffering from famine, is mourning their latest loss... their youngest member. The wartime conditions are hell for everyone, but they suffer the most, children. Enough to break any woman's heart, especially one of noble, sheltered, nature.

The oldest of them, wearing a sigil on his sleeve, used the opportunity of a brutal, but efficient, example.

"M'lady... war, war never changes. There is nothing different with this one, there is never going to be a cause so just to validate those."

The lady silences her sobs, and with a stoic face turns towards the man.
"There is no other option, we have to fight for our freedom and the freedom of our allies..."

"Oh, but there is..."

Gnomish Wanderer has been found missing.

Grue Bait
Tom the Mime
Lex-Kat
Istari
Internet Flea
Maxios
Vesth
DiscipleofBob
The Grue
C'Nor
Elemental
Gray Mage
Gnomish Wanderer
Penguinator
Sir Ebonwolf
Bladescape
Venetian Mask
Gnome Gninjas
Lord Loss
otakuryoga
Ramsus
Methosh
usourselves&we
The Grimmace
TBFProgrammer
Zar Peter

Elemental
2012-07-17, 07:46 AM
Missing presume dead?
But then... Without specifically being mentioned as dead, we must operate under the assumption (particularly as the narration practically said so) that she has been marked by the Instigator.
Still, it's good to know that no one has properly died...

Edit: And I'm going to bed early again, so I can't hypothesise now.
Goodnight everyone!

The Grue
2012-07-17, 07:49 AM
How can someone be "found missing"? Was she found, or is she missing? :smallconfused:

Elemental
2012-07-17, 08:00 AM
How can someone be "found missing"? Was she found, or is she missing? :smallconfused:

It means that when they looked for her, they didn't find her.
In other news, they found that she wasn't there.

It's a rather stupid phrase, but typical of English.

otakuryoga
2012-07-17, 08:04 AM

think of the scene from Shawshank Redemption(since thats a film nearly everyone has seen) where they have morning roll call and Andy does not come out of his cell... the guard goes down there, lo and behold, no Andy.

he should be there, but is not..
--They found him missing.--

Lord Loss
2012-07-17, 09:09 AM
Seems a little oxymoronic.

The Grue
2012-07-17, 10:10 AM
Hey now, there's no need to be throwing around insults.

Gnomish Wanderer
2012-07-17, 11:22 AM
Oh what fate so cruel as this, a tear-stung cheek pink for the loss not of life, but the loss of innocence to the crimes of man itself as the city walls sway and tumble! How many wails wear at the hearts of the tired to add my own ghostly voice to? The cries of the dying, the sick, and worst of all the loss. So I leave you with but a whisper of hope instead of bitter tongue or wretched screech: "Keep fighting, it'll be alright."

(I think I'm dead, if so aww, man! Because this game was looking awesome. Good luck and have fun!)

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-17, 12:56 PM
Obviously it's a little early in the game to make an educated guess, but from what I can tell, Gnomish Wanderer's two posts both had very good points and his vote wasn't just a random guess to pressure. He might've been offed for that reason.

Since the only person he voted for was Zar Peter, I think some testimony from the accused is in order.

Perhaps it's nothing, perhaps we just missed the Gnomish Wanderer's lucky guess.

Ramsus
2012-07-17, 01:06 PM
*shrug* Sure, that logic is better than my no logic at all, Zar Peter.

Maxios
2012-07-17, 01:16 PM
Apologies for not posting earlier. Zar Peter.

Lord Loss
2012-07-17, 01:22 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that DiscipleofBob's point is a little contrived? Like he may have other reasons to want ZarPeter dead?

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-17, 01:38 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that DiscipleofBob's point is a little contrived? Like he may have other reasons to want ZarPeter dead?

Considering he hasn't posted yet and the general consensus last round was to pressure the inactives anyway, not likely.

Still, I welcome the investigative roles to scan me on the night action if my name is in question.

otakuryoga
2012-07-17, 01:45 PM
Obviously it's a little early in the game to make an educated guess, but from what I can tell, Gnomish Wanderer's two posts both had very good points and his vote wasn't just a random guess to pressure. He might've been offed for that reason.

it was day 1..his point could be nothing but random...

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-17, 02:56 PM
it was day 1..his point could be nothing but random...

Oh noes, I forgot how challenging this is going to be. :smalltongue:

As for our day 1 randoms, I'm going to go with Zar Peter for being strangely quiet in his games lately. Support the initiative to make this a nice and talkative game, let's get the words flowing!

Mostly random, but not completely so. There is a reason there. Whether it was a good reason or not I have no idea.

That being said, the point still stands: Gnomish Wanderer was killed, and he voted for Zar Peter, and was the only one to vote for Zar Peter.

It's flimsy at best, but it's better than anything else I've got to go on.

Assuming Gnomish Wanderer has been murdered by the wolves (unless something else entirely happened to him. In which case, I'm stumped) the murder was either random or a reaction by Zar Peter or those who support him.

Granted the former is more likely, but that leaves us with no leads.

The latter, however, does have a lead. Which I wish to investigate.

Internet Flea
2012-07-17, 03:00 PM
Ramsus for one should know better.

DiscipleofBob, that very logic is why people don't normally kill people that are voting for them.

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-17, 03:25 PM
Ramsus for one should know better.

DiscipleofBob, that very logic is why people don't normally kill people that are voting for them.

I guess you're probably right...

I had nothing else to go on and nothing else was happening.

While I would still like to hear from Zar Peter, I could say the same for anyone.

I'd much rather get info from someone actually posting than lynch an inactive, so I'll go with Ramsus for now.

usourselves&we
2012-07-17, 04:17 PM

There would only be few reasons for Disciple to pressure Zar:

(withheld until later)

The DiscipleofBob is a little jumpy, and yes it will be nice to get info from an active person. plus we can start to get to know your style of play, as we like know nothing about you.

Zar Peter
2012-07-17, 04:20 PM
[Enter Zar Peter]
Alas, I like it not, nor stands it safe to us to let this madness range. The points are flying wild but not in any good direction. There's something rotten in this citadel, not even a ghost shows up to follow well. From me, all you must know that I'm good for town. While living, I can serve you, trying to deceive the brute deceivers. But if by night I die, truth will come to you like the danish king came to his son to tell him of the deeds his uncle did. And even if no one wants to touch my noble garment I can take the burden of one of you on my arms to carry them and, in the end, go before the other goes.

This is my duty and my purpose and my heavy burden here.

I'm sad that noble Gnomish Wanderer were forced to point me out for my uncivilary behaviour when she met me before, alas, now that she left where ever it might be I can't beg pardon for the things I did. I can, in her memory, at least try to behave better.

I can't say I'm not a bit dissapointed that good Ramsus jumped in to get my neck to the proverbial noose, but I forgive him since I don't think he's in any way connected with the bad things that are happening here. And poor DiscipleofBob, I think he's not finished studying what black abysses are lying in the hearts of man (and woman I must add at once).
Yet I have to point at something, someone, I feel the pressure in my heart, in my arms, yet in my fingers. I don't know the source of this feeling but it's here and I have to vent it. Looking back to the day before I find there's still pressure to be had by pointing at MetosH, albeit I will redirect my fingers if any of the nobler, wiser man or woman here give any better hints on what to do or who to blame.

[Zar Peter leaves the stage]
Sorry, I'm just reading Hamlet. I understand only half of it but it's great an I'm very impressed.

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-17, 04:28 PM
There would only be few reasons for Disciple to pressure Zar:

(withheld until later)

The DiscipleofBob is a little jumpy, and yes it will be nice to get info from an active person. plus we can start to get to know your style of play, as we like know nothing about you.

That's fair I guess.

I've only played a little Werewolf off-line, so if anyone's going to make the rookie mistake, it's going to be me. Mostly lurked on this and another forum watching some mafia runs to try and get a feel for this. Me being jumpy is me just trying to get involved.

The thread did seem to be slowing down, so I went with what I thought would be an educated guess.

Internet Flea brought up a good point though. I wish I could say it was all a ruse to draw out the bandwagoners who might be scum, but I definitely wasn't thinking that far ahead.

As far as defense, I'd rather not roleclaim this early if I don't have to. I will say that I'm town-aligned but my ability isn't a danger to the wolves or anyone.

My reasons for "pressuring" Zar: no one was posting anything relevant, we had one person "disappear," and that person tried to pressure Zar. That and I wanted (still want) to know if he's actually inactive or just lurking.

EDIT: And Zar posts Shakespeare while I'm typing. Fair enough. Zar's off my suspicions for now.

usourselves&we
2012-07-17, 04:49 PM
Alright Disciple thanks for sharing.
The reasons we had:

to continue the crusade on the inactive, as he seems to have said in one of his other posts (making it inconclusive as to what side Disciple is on)
to see if his scry of Zar is right
or Disciple is the evil seer and Zar is some powerful town role

So it is not very straightforward what to say on this matter, but this is good information for later.

MethosH for the next vote, and we are off to do life things. . .

Ramsus
2012-07-17, 04:55 PM
Hmmm, I might be reading too much into what Zar said but, MethosH.

@IF: You're right, I do know better but, it seems like any time I try to apply actual logic to a game town lynches me for being super obviously a wolf by bothering to care about the outcome (even when that outcome is if I'm getting lynched for no good reason. Heck, especially that!). So I figured I'd see if just jumping on bandwagons with practically no given reason like most other people do would serve me any better. Apparently not. I guess I exist in a zone of "Did he do/not do anything at all? He must be a wolf!"

And it's only day 2 so I have nothing to go on so hopping onto the first thing that showed up was just about as good as anything else.

@Bob: I'm counting it as a strike against your likelyhood that you're town that you pointing at someone who followed your own train of logic for doing so. I never trust that. Even though I do that a lot. (Of course I have my reasons for that.)

TBFProgrammer
2012-07-17, 05:02 PM
I think I'll go with Ramsus, as the most likely info-generating move at this point, though I will definitely be switching to MethosH if he continues to attempt to dodge the pressure wagon.

Ramsus
2012-07-17, 05:31 PM
See? I follow a wagon like anyone else. Get pointed at. I follow a different wagon and respond to something. Get pointed at. If I didn't say anything I'd get pointed at. Exactly what is it I can do or not do that doesn't result in people pointing at me? (This is a rhetorical question because I've pretty much already tried everything aside from just not playing at all. And I'm not 100% sure even that would work.)
Edit: If this is going to keep up we should all just agree to always lynch me Day 1. At least then I don't have to bother getting my hopes up that I'll have a chance to play. *gumbles* The only times I get to play is when I have roles I hate like baner. (And that's mostly because it's almost impossible to prevent the baner having a chance to play.)

Ur-Quan
2012-07-17, 06:02 PM
Ramsus, please revert away from Ad Hominem defenses. No one is pressuring you because you're a horrible person, but because you have a reputation in the WW world. Deal with it.

However, I'd like to notice that MethosH is now officially on auto-lynch list and will get replaced by the next phase, or killed. You might lynch him, as this means that he could be a wolf I'd like replaced, or I might be messing with your heads. He has zero protection et all, so don't shy away. I'm just putting a notice up, because I don't have to find a replacement if you lynch him, but I can't guarantee he's not the baner or another important role, like The Count.

Sir Ebonwolf
2012-07-17, 06:05 PM
Very, sorry Ur-Quan I was stuck in grafton unexpectedly and I couldn't post so I'm now back and i'll try to be active.

Ur-Quan
2012-07-17, 06:07 PM
Very, sorry Ur-Quan I was stuck in grafton unexpectedly and I couldn't post so I'm now back and i'll try to be active.

Reply to my PM, please. And do post in your QT. I can do you over PM's if the problem still stands, but say so over a PM, rather than here. Thank you.

Ramsus
2012-07-17, 06:09 PM
OMFG LEARN WHAT AN AD HOMINEM IS PEOPLE IF YOUR NOT GOING TO STOP USING THE TERM!

Also...uh....no? Last I checked it wasn't against your rules to point out that I would appreciate reasons they would actually ever apply to anyone besides me if they're going to vote for me.

And hey, I believe I specifically asked you if you didn't want me to play before I signed up. You said I should. So I did. Given that, I'd appreciate if you stop interfering just because you don't like what I have to say. If it was seriously disruptive you might have a leg to stand on but, I think you'd be pretty hard pressed to make a case for that. But, feel free to kick me out of your game because I bothered to defend myself against a lynch.

usourselves&we
2012-07-17, 06:33 PM
Yeah people, don't thwack Ramsus just cause he wants logic as to why you want to kill him. Talking and gathering information is very town friendly, not stating the reason for a point is not all that helpful.

If you all want to lynch someone for talking there is always the (new found) ol' standby of Elemental :smalltongue:

But Ramsus you may have to hint at something at the very least to sedate the masses. inb4 people turn on us for defending your point in the debate.

otakuryoga
2012-07-17, 06:36 PM
defending himself against a lich? Ramsus must be a wolf! :smallbiggrin:

otakuryoga
2012-07-17, 06:37 PM
lynch* even

Ur-Quan
2012-07-17, 06:37 PM
OMFG LEARN WHAT AN AD HOMINEM IS PEOPLE IF YOUR NOT GOING TO STOP USING THE TERM!

Also...uh....no? Last I checked it wasn't against your rules to point out that I would appreciate reasons they would actually ever apply to anyone besides me if they're going to vote for me.

And hey, I believe I specifically asked you if you didn't want me to play before I signed up. You said I should. So I did. Given that, I'd appreciate if you stop interfering just because you don't like what I have to say. If it was seriously disruptive you might have a leg to stand on but, I think you'd be pretty hard pressed to make a case for that. But, feel free to kick me out of your game because I bothered to defend myself against a lynch.

I've thrown that one line long answer just to keep it going away from this. There are three games with the same content already. That is why I've commented on it. I do not object your defense or will interfere in the course of the game, but I don't want the thread to turn to the same thing from all those games. Isn't that fair enough from a narrator? Please keep it civil.

As for the Ad Hominem, I've literally written that it was a defense there. You're defending from something by claiming it as a kind of an Ad Hominem argument.

This is everything I've got to say on the topic, and I'll appreciate it if you, provided you'd like to, contact me in private, as I do not want to occupy the thread. You will not hear me address you about this, further in the thread. End of discussion.

usourselves&we
2012-07-17, 06:47 PM
defending himself against a lich?
otakuryoga knows who the lich is. Get him:smalltongue:

Zjoot
2012-07-17, 07:05 PM
Otaku is always working with the lich, isn't he? Anyways, I think a vote Internet Flea's way would be the best course of action currently; he's managed to deflect any attention so far while still being active.

And while DoB's point about Zar Peter wasn't great--a wolf in general never targets someone that voted for them, especially if that person is the single vote--the priciple actually does apply more subtly. If a player suggests a particular town-helpful strategy, then it's not a bad idea for a wolf to take them out. In this case, Gnomish warned against the pressure system, and Internet Flea knows that it doesn't work well for town from the medieval games.

Plus I'm always interested to hear what he has to say.

EDIT: And I'd like to request that we let Ramsus live for a bit in this game. I don't particularly enjoy his complaining, but I can't, in good conscience, ask him to stop if it continues to be more or less justified. So, less "let's all vote for Ramsus because something happened" would be nice, because it does seem to be a trend in many of his games.

Ramsus
2012-07-17, 07:17 PM
I suppose it's fair to give some information. Ok then, I will say that it is decidedly ironic that someone said it would give more information to lynch me.

Edit: You can ignore me if you like Ur-Quan but, you're still using ad hominem incorrectly. Or massively misunderstanding me in ways I can't even comprehend.

Edit 2: I don't know if voting for IF is a good idea. He pointed out that I did something I normally wouldn't do. We want to encourage stuff like that really. While I'm not happy with MethosH now since...yeah. I don't really see an alternative at the moment that makes any more sense due to the lack of information and doesn't result in me basically choosing to get lynched.

Edit 3: I think I'm going to need clarification on the editing rules. I haven't removed anything, just added so far. Is that ok? (Currently I am the latest poster.) It would seem odd to force me to double post. Also, I'm pretty sure most of us have been editing our old posts to cross out votes as normal. Should we pay more attention and stop doing that? (Or am I wrong and it's just me who forgot?)

Ur-Quan
2012-07-17, 07:41 PM
Just keep away from massive editing plots and keep it standard, that's fine for me. So, the only thing forbidden is covering tracks by editing posts. Everything else's fine.

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-17, 07:46 PM
Ramsus is some sort of info-based role then? Okay.

Um, I don't want to lynch MethoSH if he is just inactive and going to be replaced if we don't lynch him. Could be important for all I know.

I'm not going to vote anyone right now. I think I'll wait and see what happens.

Internet Flea
2012-07-17, 07:57 PM
In this case, Gnomish warned against the pressure system, and Internet Flea knows that it doesn't work well for town from the medieval games.
...oh yeah, I was going to mention that. I even saw it in the old Witchhunt games, and then forgot about it again.
So yeah, unless we think there's a Werewolf-type role out there that gets stronger with more information, it's probably best to just have five or so people give an indication of what they can do, rather than taking the whole day with pressure wagons and then not actually lynching anyone.

So I figured I'd see if just jumping on bandwagons with practically no given reason like most other people do would serve me any better.
I'd be happier if you actually had given no reason instead of "I agree with DiscipleofBob".

...although I do usually find you suspicious anyway.

Or maybe I misread it. Or maybe not but I forgot what my prior reasoning was.

Switching to otakuryoga for now.

Ramsus
2012-07-17, 08:08 PM
Not that I'm not happy you aren't pointing at me but, why him?

Internet Flea
2012-07-17, 08:23 PM
Just because.

Ramsus
2012-07-17, 08:29 PM
Well, that's not exactly a satisfying answer but, it's still just Day 2. I'll switch if anyone else does. Right now I'm mostly concerned with just not getting lynched myself.

TBFProgrammer
2012-07-17, 08:42 PM
defending himself against a lich? Ramsus must be a wolf! :smallbiggrin:

It worked. Someone went after the easy lynch. :smallamused:

I suppose it's fair to give some information. Ok then, I will say that it is decidedly ironic that someone said it would give more information to lynch me.

Ramsus, I didn't say it would generate more information to lynch you, just to point at you. Also, we weren't ever going to get any info about you, but those that dog-piled you as soon as you started complaining about inevitable wagons should be interesting.

Otakuryoga, I suspect you of being an opportunistic wolf. What is your real intention in pointing at Ramsus? (DoB, I'd like the same from you, if you don't mind).

Internet Flea
2012-07-17, 08:57 PM
So yeah, unless we think there's a Werewolf-type role out there that gets stronger with more information, it's probably best to just have five or so people give an indication of what they can do, rather than taking the whole day with pressure wagons and then not actually lynching anyone.

And for easy planning, let's just go down the player list. So Grimmace, Grue Bait, Vesth, me, and Elemental should say something informative today.

But I already said something.

Ramsus
2012-07-17, 08:58 PM
Otakuryoga it is then.

Edit: You did? I must have missed that.

Tom the Mime
2012-07-17, 09:00 PM
A young boy was hiding in the library avoiding the chaos on the streets. It was normally fairly quiet there. There were several novices over by the books of ancient languages, busy in a muffled argument about their meaning before an elderly librarian came over and escorted them out of the library and roped off that section of the library. Soon after, a group of scholars walked by, arguing about the linguistic problems of their mother tongue. As the young boy looked at one of them, Otakuryoga, shivers ran down his spine. He crept to the room adjacent to the scholars to eavesdrop and try to discover what gave him this uneasy feeling without drawing attention to himself. While waiting, he wondered if the commissar was also hiding out somewhere given that he had not imposed his authority on the disorganised crowd.

Sir Ebonwolf
2012-07-17, 09:01 PM
I'll go for MethosH

Lord Loss
2012-07-17, 09:08 PM
Question: Is crossing out lynch-votes allowed, or does that count as editing? I just did so without thinking, so I apologize if I broke a rule.

DiscipleofBob

Otakuryoga

otakuryoga
2012-07-17, 09:12 PM
yes i do know who the lich is :smallsmile: but it does no good right now..there are unmet requirements before he can be killed :smallfrown:

sadly i dont know any wolves at the moment since that would help in this game

and the point at ramsus was a joking response to the drama..he said he gets pointed at if he does something or if he does nothing..and since defending himself is definately SOMETHING i had to throw a point at him to prove his point :smallwink: see what i did there...

methosh then since i am suddenly under threat

wait..defending myself from a lynch? CRAP i must be a wolf!

Vesth
2012-07-17, 09:20 PM
Wait, why are we off Zar only because he posted Shakespere? Unless I missed something, he sidestepped the questions completely.

He might still be a wolf, I think.

On the other hand, Otakuryoga voted for Ramsus even after Usourselves&we and Ramsus made the point to NOT lynch him.

Internet Flea
2012-07-17, 09:27 PM
Vesth, care to give a vague hint at role powers?

Tom the Mime
2012-07-17, 09:30 PM
Unless I'm fairly certain about someone or lynching them can give good info, I'll be distracted away from lynching someone if they quote shakespeare appropriately or have some good roleplay and generally make the place nicer and more fun.

Gray Mage
2012-07-17, 09:54 PM
I don't know, but Vesth's post strikes me as off, so I'll vote for him for now.

Zjoot
2012-07-17, 10:17 PM
Gray Mage's Avatar's invisibility cloak is working a bit too well, it seems. :smalltongue:

Anyways, since it's been requested that I give a bit of info; from the cryptic message I received last night, I am sort of doubting how useful my power is at this point. Though, DoB, you said you were willing to be scried...does that mean you'd be willing to claim something as well?

EDIT: A couple things I missed: @ Vesth: I think you may have missed it or something, but in Zar Peter's post, there was also some general information/hinting about his role. Actually quite a bit. So that's why suspicion moved off of him (in addition to the fact that it was quite elegant and that the initial reasoning wasn't that strong anyways)

The other thing is that I'll switch to MethosH. Better to hit an inactive player than one who is currently enjoying or adding to the game. Lex-Kat Istari and C'Nor haven't done much either IIRC. (and that Gnomish Wanderer has been rather quiet lately, don't you think? :smalltongue:)

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-17, 10:29 PM
(DoB, I'd like the same from you, if you don't mind).

Internet Flea convinced me to rethink my vote from Zar. IF then suggested Ramsus. I followed. That was my only reasoning there.

I didn't switch to MethosH because Ur-Quan mentioned that he might be replaced due to inactivity, which I felt was preferable to lynching what could be an important role that just hadn't defended themselves due to inactivity.

And unless I interpreted it wrong, (fully possible, I love Shakespeare, but damn I need at least three guides to read it right) Zar did give a role claim.

Alas, I like it not, nor stands it safe to us to let this madness range. The points are flying wild but not in any good direction. There's something rotten in this citadel, not even a ghost shows up to follow well. From me, all you must know that I'm good for town. While living, I can serve you, trying to deceive the brute deceivers. But if by night I die, truth will come to you like the danish king came to his son to tell him of the deeds his uncle did. And even if no one wants to touch my noble garment I can take the burden of one of you on my arms to carry them and, in the end, go before the other goes.

In layman's terms, Zar claims if he dies at night, he can give us info on who killed him. Or Zar can sacrifice himself to save someone else.

That seemed obvious to me.

Though, DoB, you said you were willing to be scried...does that mean you'd be willing to claim something as well?

I'd rather not claim anything yet if I don't have to. If I live that long, in a few turns I wouldn't mind giving full disclosure. I'm not an investigative role of any sort.

Gray Mage
2012-07-17, 10:34 PM
Gray Mage's Avatar's invisibility cloak is working a bit too well, it seems. :smalltongue:

Well, if you say so...
:smalltongue::smallwink:

I don't think it's a good idea to go for Methos, since he'll either be substituted for an active player or he'll be AL'd. If the former happens, lynching him because he's inactive isn't a good/valid reason and if the later happens it'd be a moot lynch, since he'd die anyway. Just my two cents.

otakuryoga
2012-07-17, 10:43 PM
i actually saw 3 possible role claims in the shakespeare bit

Elemental
2012-07-17, 11:26 PM
i actually saw 3 possible role claims in the shakespeare bit

Yeah... Shakespeare does that a bit...

In other news; I'm uncertain as to who to lynch at the moment. I know who I'm not going to lynch, but that never helps.
So, for the old standby: RP!

---------------------------------------

Sir Trevelyan Leander Ethelred Mental was in his study, reports from that day were not good. Lady Gnomish had been found missing, most likely kidnapped by the Instigator for whatever his foul purposes were.
At breakfast in the Great Hall that morning, every face he saw looked either suspicious or worried, never a good sign. Who could he trust?

Ur-Quan
2012-07-18, 04:22 AM
Let me just remind you all, for the sake of clarity:

PM's are not allowed.

Lex-Kat
2012-07-18, 04:37 AM
Elemental, because as we all know, the elements are tempermental. And wolves are also tempermental. Therefore, Elementals are wolves. *Nods*

Vesth
2012-07-18, 11:24 AM
Tired.

So, very very tired.

The old man trudged along the path, relying heavily on his crooked staff to move along.

Thud. Thud. Thud.

So very close to the city.

Just a little more...

"Hey you, stop right there!"

The old man turned slightly, his face showing the pain it took to do so simple an action.

"Y-yes, what is it?

The soldier leaned in and whispered.

"Old men like you have a trust fund somewhere, right? Hand it over, loyal citizen. Or maybe," he said, his eyes narrowing, "You're a traitor or a spy...?"

The old man cursed slightly. He had hoped he wouldn't resort to this.

"So, old man? We haven't got al-OUCH!"

The old smashed his staff into the soldier's foot, elicting the cry in response.

"YOU-"

"You cannot talk." the old man said sternly, looking the soldier straight in the eye.

Eyes which glow mysteriously.

"Mmmmph!" the soldier mumbled, trying to move backwards.

The staff just dug in deeper.

The old man smiled.

"You're a frog"

"Ribbit!"

"You're a dog"

"Woof!"

"You're a cat"

"Meowwwwww!"

"Pig"

"Oink!"

"Horse"

"Neighhhhh!"

"Traitor"

"Death to the-"

"British Gentleman"

"My good man, I would have to say, this is highly inappropri-"

"Fish."

The man collasped onto the floor, grabbing at his neck, trying to breathe.

He's recover in time though.

But time enough for the old man to escape, chuckling to himself.

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-18, 04:24 PM
Elemental, because as we all know, the elements are tempermental. And wolves are also tempermental. Therefore, Elementals are wolves. *Nods*

I can't find much good logic to go on and I find this post entertaining so I'll go with Elemental.

Elemental
2012-07-18, 10:12 PM
Really? An entertaining post with entertaining logic and now I need to die?
Well... That's mildly annoying. But not as much as it could be...

I'm now tempted to vote for Lex-Kat in retaliation, but that would be pointless...

Istari
2012-07-19, 07:03 AM
I'll throw out a vote on otakuryoga since he's being rather reserved with his information.

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-19, 08:44 AM
Tired.

So, very very tired.

The old man trudged along the path, relying heavily on his crooked staff to move along.

Thud. Thud. Thud.

So very close to the city.

Just a little more...

"Hey you, stop right there!"

The old man turned slightly, his face showing the pain it took to do so simple an action.

"Y-yes, what is it?

The soldier leaned in and whispered.

"Old men like you have a trust fund somewhere, right? Hand it over, loyal citizen. Or maybe," he said, his eyes narrowing, "You're a traitor or a spy...?"

The old man cursed slightly. He had hoped he wouldn't resort to this.

"So, old man? We haven't got al-OUCH!"

The old smashed his staff into the soldier's foot, elicting the cry in response.

"YOU-"

"You cannot talk." the old man said sternly, looking the soldier straight in the eye.

Eyes which glow mysteriously.

"Mmmmph!" the soldier mumbled, trying to move backwards.

The staff just dug in deeper.

The old man smiled.

"You're a frog"

"Ribbit!"

"You're a dog"

"Woof!"

"You're a cat"

"Meowwwwww!"

"Pig"

"Oink!"

"Horse"

"Neighhhhh!"

"Traitor"

"Death to the-"

"British Gentleman"

"My good man, I would have to say, this is highly inappropri-"

"Fish."

The man collasped onto the floor, grabbing at his neck, trying to breathe.

He's recover in time though.

But time enough for the old man to escape, chuckling to himself.

As the great Shakespeare once said, "... what?"

Vesth
2012-07-19, 09:22 AM
...and as Phillip K. **** once said,"It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane." :smallbiggrin:

otakuryoga
2012-07-19, 09:50 AM
well, there are enough points at me close enough to the deadline i guess i should say something

i am the royal Herald
i have 2 powers..both defensive..depending on if its an odd or even day

Lady Serpentine
2012-07-19, 01:53 PM
A young priestess, wearing thick black robes, paused outside Sir Trevelyan Leander Ethelred Mental's study, one hand reaching up to touch the silver raven's skull she wore around her neck. This was not what she had wanted to spend her morning doing...

But, it was necessary to discuss matters with him, so, sighing, and tucking the luck charm beneath her robes again, leaving only the chain visible, she knocked loudly on the door, composing her face into an expression of concern appropriate for the morning's news.

Elemental
2012-07-19, 11:42 PM
I've got no clue as to what we should do now.
Except to request that people be sure before they kill Otakuryoga. Defensive roles are most helpful.

----------------------------------

Sir Trevelyan rose from his chair and opened his door.
Can I help you?
Please, come in a be seated.

Internet Flea
2012-07-20, 12:19 AM
I'll switch to Vesth as he hasn't hinted at anything as far as I can tell.

Lady Serpentine
2012-07-20, 01:18 AM
I've got no clue as to what we should do now.
Except to request that people be sure before they kill Otakuryoga. Defensive roles are most helpful.

----------------------------------

Sir Trevelyan rose from his chair and opened his door.
Can I help you?
Please, come in a be seated.

((What exactly does his study look like? Where are the other chairs, if any, in relation to his? And if not, was he offering her his, or simply saying to please be seated because it's a social convention?))

Elemental
2012-07-20, 01:36 AM
((What exactly does his study look like? Where are the other chairs, if any, in relation to his? And if not, was he offering her his, or simply saying to please be seated because it's a social convention?))

((The room is rather large and square. The floor is polished hardwood and the stone walls are covered with carved wooden panels depicting scenes from nature.
Opposite the door is his desk, rather ornate and solid mahogany with his chair behind it. The wall behind the desk is covered by a large bookcase full of historical and legal texts. (No, there is no secret passage. That's behind the fireplace, obviously.)
On the left wall in relation to the desk is a pair of large windows, and on the right wall a fireplace with a mantelpiece of white marble. Above the fire hangs a portrait of a beautiful and regal looking woman.
In front of his desk is are a pair of comfortable armchairs and in one corner there is a grand piano. Between the two windows stands a grandfather clock.
On the floor, there is a large oriental rug.

Apart from these rich, expensive and comfortable things, the room is rather plain and very much uncluttered.
So yes, there is a chair for your character.))

Lady Serpentine
2012-07-20, 01:48 AM
((Thank you.))

The priestess pointedly ignores the chairs, taking a position between them, though whether she simply prefers not to sit or is being intentionally rude is hard to tell.

"I am the new... Bishop, I suppose, though I'm not sure if the title varies according to the holder's gender. There wasn't precisely a formal ceremony to confirm my position; it was felt wisest to not draw attention to the fact that the previous Bishop had been executed for treason.

In any case, I was told that I should report to you to find out what's going on, and for further instructions, as it seems that I'm under your orders for the moment?"

Her voice is calm and steady, with none of the uncertainty one might expect from such a young and, presumably, inexperienced, priestess; apparently, she either hides her nerves well or is far less worried than most people in her position would be.

Elemental
2012-07-20, 01:59 AM
Sir Trevelyan goes to stand behind his desk, making certain the door was latched.
And why, pray tell, are you informing me of this? Bishop...?

((I've got to go now, which is annoying because I enjoy these roleplaying opportunities.))

Lady Serpentine
2012-07-20, 02:09 AM
((...Didn't she just tell him that? :smallconfused:))

Ur-Quan
2012-07-20, 04:44 AM
The phase will end in a couple of hours. Better get those votes in.

Istari
2012-07-20, 07:28 AM
No time to get another pressure in, but hopefully we can get a bit more done tomorrow, maybe we should speed up the process by jumping up anyone who doesn't respond once we get some pressure on.

Vesth
2012-07-20, 08:12 AM
The old man walked slowly, taking in the sights of the city he loved.
Oh dear, I forgot to share my role, didn't I?
"You. You are my friend. Tell me something interesting."
My death will bring an ally life. From one that is already alive, anyway. More life, if you will.
"Y-yes. I am your friend. Definitely your friend. Sir Trevelyan is over there." the innocent man uttered, looking dazed at the queer fellow.
Though, I have to die to under...specific circumstances...
"Thank you. This conversion didn't exist..." the old man replied wryly.
Say, will anyone even read this white text?
The old man waled up to Sir Trevelyan's study, muttering to all who saw him:
There's a cookie for you if you read this...
"You didn't see me, you didn't see me..."
And cake, don't forget cake.
Soon, he was grinning at the door, his ear placed against it.
This is White Space.
Time to easedrop!

Ramsus
2012-07-20, 12:13 PM
And what circumstances would those be?

Ur-Quan
2012-07-20, 01:37 PM
Day is over. Waiting for some roles to write the narration and start the night.

Ur-Quan
2012-07-21, 04:19 AM
Day Two has passed.

"You shall do as I say. I do not care that you think you don't have enough information... HOW do you intend to make them move on and react if not through death?"

"But, my sire, the people don't have a clue, the-"

"They're mostly spies. They need to be found and exterminated, and you'll make them do it themselves, my Commissar."

"Yes, m'lord."

The Commander was fearless, he went on and struck targets right on. But that didn't last long. Tonight, he found something else. Tonight he didn't strike with his blade. Tonight, something changed.

A fight was caused. A bulky man against city guards. With fists nearly of steel strength, with tanned leather clothing and some help of a nearby pole, he subdued three guards. Fourth fell without a problem. Then entered the horsemen. Unfortunately, chainmail and a heavy steed weren't such an easy prey like poor near-militia guards. The bulky man was pulled away.

"You are accused of treason. Do you have anything to say in your defense?

"..."

"To the gallows with him, The Count made his decision very... very clear.

The gallows swung with a new body today. The crows will have their banquet. Crows... they really are the real winner of each war, aren't they? Well, without a problem they've continued their feast, unobstructed by moralities of men. The gallows pole bent under the weight of the man below, who managed to harm one of his captors enough that his life is uncertain, yet.

Vesth has been chosen by the Commissar.

Grue Bait
Tom the Mime
Lex-Kat
Istari
Internet Flea
Maxios
Vesth
DiscipleofBob
The Grue
C'Nor
Elemental
Gray Mage
Gnomish Wanderer
Penguinator
Sir Ebonwolf
Bladescape
Venetian Mask
Gnome Gninjas
Lord Loss
otakuryoga
Ramsus
Methosh
usourselves&we
The Grimmace
TBFProgrammer
Zar Peter

Night 2 has started, you can send in your night actions to your QT's

Ur-Quan
2012-07-22, 05:21 AM
I remind you that I need your targets via QT, or in some cases, a PM. Please do not keep me waiting any more than I have to, thank you.

Ur-Quan
2012-07-23, 12:23 PM
Night Two has passed.

Day 3: Purity of Faith
The Faith wasn't what it was before. Members of it corrupted, the clergy being devastated with a lure of wealth and earthly pleasure. Too much was lost and turned to values of dirty, earthly being.

Militants of The Faith, though, they remained with their words. Training hard, living piously and respecting the chain of command. On top of this chain was their Commander. Man told to bend the knees of many in blind religious obedience, a man told to move mountains with the clarity of his voice alone. A man who was, upon his shoulders, wearing a mountain of an organization.

"But, the others have said different, commander, they've given us orders."

The soldier was sweating in front of him, worried beyond words' description. This was his role model, this was He who has led him his whole life.

"How uncanny of them to desire us to give our lives so their bottoms can sit upon cushions of silk. How uncanny of them to sacrifice us for nothing but pleasure of their own. How uncanny that they want us to die for a trade-route, rather than true, religious, cause. They're not like you and me, they're not disciples. They do not follow The Faith like they should."

Hearing Him say these words was a shock, the soldier realized. He always knew whats best for them, but he never before said anything as rash and outwards as this was.

"I met with a man of my own taste. A knight gone rogue, wishing to spill no more blood. We shall depart with the sunrise.

This wasn't expected. He never even hinted of rebellion, much less outward disobedience. This person was a danger to his ideals, and he was there to stop it from being so. He was there to protect what he believes in. A swift strike of the blade, a quick thrust, a vile twist of the handle, then he was left bloodied. Standing in front of his commander, looking down...

He turned around, a smirk on his face. There was treason about and he has cleaned these halls of it. The Count will be pleased.

Hands embraced his chest. He was held fast, without a bone in his body daring to move. He heard a whisper.
"You cannot kill that which belongs to The Faith. You can not undo so much which Our Lord will allow me to bring back to life. I am His servant, and I will lead His soldiers out of this town. I will not die until I can fulfill my task..."

The Disciples disappeared, along with their leader.

DiscipleofBob has been found missing.

Grue Bait
Tom the Mime
Lex-Kat
Istari
Internet Flea
Maxios
Vesth
DiscipleofBob
The Grue
C'Nor
Elemental
Gray Mage
Gnomish Wanderer
Penguinator
Sir Ebonwolf
Bladescape
Venetian Mask
Gnome Gninjas
Lord Loss
otakuryoga
Ramsus
Methosh
usourselves&we
The Grimmace
TBFProgrammer
Zar Peter

Zjoot
2012-07-23, 02:56 PM
I'll start the day off with a point at TBFProgrammer. For now.

Sir Ebonwolf
2012-07-23, 06:04 PM
I'll point at The Grue acually

The Grue
2012-07-23, 06:12 PM
Hey, I didn't even need to accuse myself that time.

usourselves&we
2012-07-23, 06:45 PM
Well if we are going to talk about spooky things . . . because Grue is a spoo- ok, yeah you get it, never-mind.
there is a second hand scry flying about, it's possible that that it is foolish in nature or something is at any rate.

Internet Flea
2012-07-23, 08:06 PM
Well, Elemental is the only one that didn't give info yesterday (unless I just missed it, which is possible.)

Ramsus said something, Methosh won't, Gray Mage should say something, I think the Grue said something already, and TBFProgrammer should say something.

Sir Ebonwolf
2012-07-23, 08:25 PM
Wait, what does the orange writing mean again?

Zjoot
2012-07-23, 08:35 PM
Finger of Suspicion

The Grue
2012-07-23, 08:38 PM
Sort of a "j'accuse"?