PDA

View Full Version : Standing in the Balance (IC)

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-15, 09:53 PM
The gods are at war. The gods of old have decided to stand no more for the tyranny of the Ardanian gods. Believing that change is the key to revolution and anarchy, The gods of old have called a gathering, bringing the worlds mightiest heroes together to fight for one cause. But will the Olden ones prove to be the true enemies?

The council awaits the mustering of these valiant heroes. The Ardanian Lords must be stopped!

Demidos
2012-06-16, 12:13 PM
There is a long pause, and then someone appears. They look to be a child, measuring perhaps four feet tall. However, that is all that can be said of the individual in question -- a heavy cloak and cowl cover the rest of the person's body. All that can be seen is a pair of glowing yellow eyes in the shape of dancing flames that peer out at the romanesque surroundings, missing nothing. The individual stretches and moves forward, catlike in his grace. For by his confident and seemingly arrogant bearing, it seems obvious that he indeed is male. Then he steps back, back behind his pad and throws back his hood, shaking back his cloak. Even as he does so, he grows in height, reaching nearly six feet, and his eyes change, burning a pinkish hue, the color of which makes it none the less intimidating.

He looks rather like a half-elf, tall and slim, but with more muscle than an elf. At his belt there are no weapons except a single dagger, which hangs in a sheath at his hip. A strap goes across his chest, adorned with images of astrological symbols. He is clad in studded leather armor, lightweight yet serviceable. The most noticeable of his characteristics are a large pair of crow wings that sprout from his back. Huge and dark, they give him an otherworldly air, and they flex, testing the air.

"Well, it certainly seems lonely in here" he thinks, raising a mental eyebrow.

He turns to the other pads, watching to see who else would answer the call.

Listen Check to make out what the gods are saying in the other room
[roll0]

Esquire
2012-06-16, 01:43 PM
The next to appear is tall and aristocratic, garbed in loose pants and a tunic of gray silk. Curly brown hair and a slight smile give him an open, friendly air that doesn't quite reach his eyes. A long, thin scimitar hangs at one hip. He regards the room with a detached expression before turning to the other attendee.

"So! Here we are, but no one else? Formidable though we know doubt are, our task will be equally so, I expect. Daeron Aldaelon, son of Fire, Earth, Air, and Water. I am at your service, honorable sir."

Anything I can make out using mindsight? I get the number, location, spellcasting ability, and Intelligence scores of creatures as passively-recieved information, apparently.

Demidos
2012-06-16, 03:58 PM
The half-elven man bows back, though it is little more than his head that bows, an awknowledgement rather than a gesture of admiration.

"Flutter. Assassin." he responds, with just the slightest trace of a smile at hearing the reference to "honorable sir".

"I should hope that others will come. Each of the pads has a name on it, and some of those listed are well known indeed. Should they choose not to come our task might be rather more difficult -- if the gods thought that such as they were needed to aid us, it will be a quest indeed."

He pauses.

"I must admit curiosity at your title. If I may be so bold, to what may it be attributed?" Flutter asks, looking genuinely interested.

Esquire
2012-06-16, 04:24 PM
"Why, I am a genie, Master Assassin. A jann only - the weakest of our kind - but I can still count myself the equal of any denizen of the Outer Planes. We, the janni, are formed of all the elements in equal measure, where djinni and efreeti are mostly Air and Fire respectively."

Daeron smiled warmly. "I find it gives us a more open perspective than our brethren. I'm a warrior and an illusionist, myself. Where do you hail from, Master Assassin?"

Man on Fire
2012-06-16, 04:39 PM
Next one to step through the teleport is probably one of the strangest things some people might ever see in their entire lives. First, it's an ogre, without a doubt. A very large Orge you probably doesn't want to mess with. That's not strange, it's hard to imagine an ogre who isn't large and somebody sane would want to mess with. Second, it's a woman. That's not strange either. Women are quite common. And some of them even happen to be ogres. Third, there is a magic stone floating next to her. That's not strange, even if quite rare in hands of an orge. Fourth, she is wearing a housemaid outfit. Very elegant, stylish housemaid outfit that anyone with any insight can tell just weats with magic, but still a housemaid outfit. And that's, in case you might don't know, a very strange and unusual sight. Of course there are stranger and more unusual sights out there, but it's unlike someone in the room have seen any of them. Probably because most involve Beholders and polka. And you doesn't want to be anywhere near a Beholder when it's polka time. Now wonder you never see a single one on polka party.

The woman gives everyone a look that says she might, given convinient excuse for it, and most certainly will, if somebody'll provide one, kick their colective arses. She stands proudly, like she has nothing to fear. Some might call her beautiful and she indeed is. If you like big women. Big muscular, as in, "her biceps is probably larger than an adult seasoned dwarven warrior, beard included", women. Big, muscular women whose skin is in color of bread that was in your backpack for two years. And with visible tooths that she could probably use to bit human head off. Aside from that she looks kinda cute. You might even, if you are very delusional, say she looks a litle bit non-threatening. If you are very stoic person, you might even keep a straight face after saying so.

"HELLO! I'M NANNY GRUNCH!" Woman yells loudly. Her voice is like of a terrifing monster, she of course is, trying very hard to sound nice and non-threatening, which she also is, and falling very hard, which she is too. "Those guys at the other end of the portal told me these Old Gods you have here may help me find my little Kasjus! So, where are you hiding them? I relly need their help, you know!" She says, visibly trying to be gentle. Which only makes her look very silly. Yellow-green-skinned giants with large fangs weren't born to be gentle. And it shows. It doesn't help that she tries to be gentle and yell at the same time.

Knowledge Religion [roll0] and Bardic Knowledge [roll1] to see what she can recall about the Old Gods.

greenpotato
2012-06-16, 04:51 PM
The fourth to arrive is an astonishingly charming illumian woman with long dark hair and pale blue eyes. Her skin is dotted with minute scales like those of a dragon and pale blue sigils that mirror the colour of her eyes orbit her head.
She wears somewhat loose trousers and shirt of exquisite red silk with a fine silk vest of purple leaf pastern.

"Tar yu vote!" she exclaims while looking around the room before setting eyes upon the other three and introducing herself with a large genuine smile.
"I am Appleleaf, perhaps you may know me by another name; The Dragonswarm?"
She steps off her pad and walks closer to the other three.

Active effects; Beguiling Influence, See the Unseen, Voidsense.

Man on Fire
2012-06-16, 05:04 PM
"No. But I like your name, sounds like that of a pony my young master once had." Tall woman says, as she friendly pats Appleleaf in the back. Of course what's friendly patting i nthe back for an ogre is likely to knock the wind out of most smaller creatures.

Volthawk
2012-06-16, 05:08 PM
Archos' seat seemed empty. Seemed being the operative word. He was actually there, in the form of a tiny spider, looking to any who actually noticed him as just being one of the little spiders you see every so often in life. It was also useful as he doubted his real form

In this state, he was just watching and listening as the others turned up. Most - those who hadn't made an effort to hide and avoid people learning of them - he recognised, their faces, names and voices registering somewhere in the vast archives of his mind. He then makes the decision to make his presence known, his voice echoing in the minds of the others.

So you all are the others these gods have brought in. Interesting. I am Archos.

Knowledge (religion) check about these gods: [roll0]
Lore roll for the same: [roll1]

Archos also has Mindsight, out to 120ft, and True Seeing, if that gives him anything extra about the area we're in.

greenpotato
2012-06-16, 06:02 PM
At Nanny Grunches touch Appleleaf explodes into a gleaming cloud of winged stinging insects numbering in their thousands.

Now wildshaped into a locust swarm, with tounges cast.

Man on Fire
2012-06-16, 06:18 PM
"I didn't wanted to do that!" Nanny says, seeing person she touched turn into swarm of insects. Then she walks away, trying to look as innocent as she can, like a child who just broke mother's favorite vase.

Esquire
2012-06-16, 08:46 PM
At Nanny Grunches touch Appleleaf explodes into a gleaming cloud of winged stinging insects numbering in their thousands.

"Now that, my lady, is impressive. I assume this is how you acquired your sobriquet?" Daeron cocked his head inquisitively, and responded telepathically to the spider.

And I am Daeron Aldaelon, a jann. You've changed your shape? May I ask why?

Demidos
2012-06-17, 03:20 AM
"Why, I am a genie, Master Assassin. A jann only - the weakest of our kind - but I can still count myself the equal of any denizen of the Outer Planes. We, the janni, are formed of all the elements in equal measure, where djinni and efreeti are mostly Air and Fire respectively."

Daeron smiled warmly. "I find it gives us a more open perspective than our brethren. I'm a warrior and an illusionist, myself. Where do you hail from, Master Assassin?"

Flutter smiles, a little sadly.

"I hail from the Northern parts of the globe. I find the cold...invigorating. I originally came from elsewhere but...that place is no longer open to me. An illusionist though. That requires talent. Perhaps sometime you will have to show me some of your tricks. I think I will enjoy working with you." Flutter adds, a slight hint of mischief glinting through the prior emotion.

The fourth to arrive is an astonishingly charming illumian woman with long dark hair and pale blue eyes. Her skin is dotted with minute scales like those of a dragon and pale blue sigils that mirror the colour of her eyes orbit her head.
She wears somewhat loose trousers and shirt of exquisite red silk with a fine silk vest of purple leaf pastern.

"Tar yu vote!" she exclaims while looking around the room before setting eyes upon the other three and introducing herself with a large genuine smile.
"I am Appleleaf, perhaps you may know me by another name; The Dragonswarm?"
She steps off her pad and walks closer to the other three.

Active effects; Beguiling Influence, See the Unseen, Voidsense.

Flutter grins at her genuine smile. "I am sad to say that I have been...off the grid, so to speak, since I came to this world. I know little except the traces of rumors from passing ice traders. I have heard mention of a fearsome sorceress with a penchant for becoming swarms and devouring folk, but to believe what little I have heard would be to accept that your swarm can put out the sun over an entire continent. I sincerely hope that is not the case -- It would make me feel rather superfluous."

"Now that, my lady, is impressive. I assume this is how you acquired your sobriquet?" Daeron cocked his head inquisitively, and responded telepathically to the spider.

And I am Daeron Aldaelon, a jann. You've changed your shape? May I ask why?

Flutter looks suitably impressed by the transformation, bowing a little to the dissociated sorceress despite himself, and grinning at the incongruous look of deliberate innocence inked across the ogre's face. Still grinning, his smile fades somewhat as he hears the voice in his head, and he scans the room. Seeing the direction in which the Jann is looking, he turns to see the small spider crouching on the pad.
"Greetings to you too Archos." Flutter inclines his head slightly to each of the new arrivals.

Im assuming that I can make the spot check.
Spot Check [roll0]

greenpotato
2012-06-17, 03:39 AM
The swarm speaks with a symphony of a thousand tiny voices. Giving off a bizarre chuckle at the Maids response.
"A defensive reflex madam, one that has saved me from a perilous fate more than once. I assure you I am unharmed.
My talents do not yet extend to block the sun from the sky but it is a handy rumou to have circulate"

distant quasar
2012-06-17, 03:50 PM
In the next pad appears a nightmare...

His feet flicker with hellish energies, dark, bat-like wings protuding from his back and darkness seeming to emanate from within him. From beneath his chin drop two hideously long tentacles, covering the gills on his neck. His mouth extends to an unnatural length, opening to reveal flaming rows of razor-sharp teeth, and from underneath his robe a tail flits from side to side. His hands end in magnificent, horrid claws that are encrusted with blood from countless kills. His red eyes glow disturbingly, a tortured soul peering back out at you with incomprehensible rage.

He says nothing, instead slowly passing his gaze over all.

effects that might be relevant: detect magic, blindsight 30ft, blindsight 60ft and true seeing concerning all beings with the elemental type, the outsider type, or the air, cold, earth, extraplanar, fire, or water subtypes

he can smell magic (such as a spell, item, person capable of casting, magical creature, etc), determining its type (arcane/divine), and whether it is inherent, learned, or granted, and track such things as if by scent.

he has regular scent as well...

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

One full round action after another until this is done or something interrupts:
Glimpse the Soul (Su): The Harrowed’s senses continue to expand past the mundane, giving her glimpses of the auras that all beings with souls possess. Starting at level seven, she may concentrate and scrutinize these auras in order to gain information about their bearers. As a full-round action, the Harrowed may observe any being with a soul (including elementals, outsiders, and intelligent constructs) and make a sense motive check (DC = the creatures hit dice + its wisdom modifier). If she succeeds, the Harrowed may learn one of the following: one component of the creature’s alignment (good-evil, law-chaos), its current mood, its relative intelligence (in general terms; “animal intelligence” “stupid” “clever” and “brilliant” would all be appropriate readings), or if it is currently bearing any objects containing trapped souls. The Harrowed may attempt this check more than once on any given creature in a day, but each time she does, the DC increases by five.

Using Glimpse the Soul provokes a will save (see The Monster Within) against DC 15.

I'm using that on each person here, first for good/evil alignment, then law/chaos, so please tell me if I succeed and what I learn. I auto-succeed the will saves, unless we check for natural ones? :smallconfused: Different groups have different rulings on that.

Sense Motive:
Daeron Aldaelon [roll2]
Daeron Aldaelon [roll3]

Flutter [roll4]
Flutter [roll5]

Nanny Grunch [roll6]
Nanny Grunch [roll7]

Appleleaf [roll8]
Appleleaf [roll9]

Archos [roll10]
Archos [roll11]

during this time, Velay can still talk tough since that's a free action, though he will likely not unless everyone responds negatively to his presence. I can't imagine why that would happen though :smallwink:

Silva Stormrage
2012-06-17, 10:38 PM
A figure cloaked in a shadowy black robe and wearing a suit of crimson red full plate appears through the next pad, somewhat slowly looking around to the others already assembled. He is wearing a large heavy cloak that covers his head and casts his helmet in a shroud of shadows. The man looks around at the gathered and speaks somewhat softly, Ah, I am sorry it looks like everyone has already assembled. I took a while to decide wether or not to accept this summoning. I am Zeref Knoll, a knight looking for redemption. . The man rests his hand of a blade by his side.

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-17, 11:13 PM
Thunder rumbles as you can hear shouting from inside the council chamber.

Roll listen to hear inside.

The doors swing open and you catch a quick glimpse inside as a tall, bald human walks out. He looks very angry as he first enters the room, but once he catches sight of you, his demeanor completly shifts. His body is riddled with tattoos underneath a flowing purple and black robe

Spot to see inside the council chamber.

"Greetings!" The bald man's voice booms in the room."I am Azazel! At your service!"

Demidos
2012-06-18, 12:19 AM
In the next pad appears a nightmare...

His feet flicker with hellish energies, dark, bat-like wings protuding from his back and darkness seeming to emanate from within him. From beneath his chin drop two hideously long tentacles, covering the gills on his neck. His mouth extends to an unnatural length, opening to reveal flaming rows of razor-sharp teeth, and from underneath his robe a tail flits from side to side. His hands end in magnificent, horrid claws that are encrusted with blood from countless kills. His red eyes glow disturbingly, a tortured soul peering back out at you with incomprehensible rage.

He says nothing, instead slowly passing his gaze over all.

A figure cloaked in a shadowy black robe and wearing a suit of crimson red full plate appears through the next pad, somewhat slowly looking around to the others already assembled. He is wearing a large heavy cloak that covers his head and casts his helmet in a shroud of shadows. The man looks around at the gathered and speaks somewhat softly, Ah, I am sorry it looks like everyone has already assembled. I took a while to decide wether or not to accept this summoning. I am Zeref Knoll, a knight looking for redemption. . The man rests his hand of a blade by his side.

"Greetings Zeref, and...to you too good sir. As a matter of fact, we are still missing three of our presumed companions. At least, three of the pads remain empty, to the best of my senses. Unless they are stealthy indeed, I doubt that they are there. Perhaps we should enter? It seems not wise to keep the gods waiting." Flutter says mischeviously.

Then the council doors slam open.

"Speak of the...gods" Flutter laughs. "Hail Azazel. What is the gods' will?"

Flutter is TN with a strong chaotic bent.

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-18, 11:08 AM
Azazel shakes his head:
"Well, The council can't seem to agree on anything at this point." He rubs his head as he speaks, he seems tired

Man on Fire
2012-06-18, 11:10 AM
"Good Morning" Nanny Grunch tries to bow, raising her skirt a bit like elegand ladies do, which of course ends up looking quite grotestuqe. "I know you have some job for us. I have a question." She says, approaching Azazel. "If I do this job, whatever it is, will you help my find my little Kasjtus?" She asks sinicerly, thrugh she does remain a bit suspicious at the answer - she is quite used to people lying to her, thinking she is just a dumb Ogre they can trick and get away with it.

Listen [roll0]

Sense Motive at whatever the guy says. [roll1]

Avalon®
2012-06-18, 02:22 PM
A rift opens on the ceiling of the meeting area and a massive dragons emerges flying straight down. Atop the massive ridges on its head, an obsidian-skinned man with piercing blue eyes and snow-white hair stands utterly bored. The edges of his white trench coat and the red scarf around his neck flutter in the wind as air rushes past him.

To those below, the dragon looks like its on a collision course with them but at the last moment it levels off then suddenly disappears. Meanwhile, the man standing on its head pulls a small dagger from nowhere and cuts into the space in front of him and floats slowly down to the floor below. As soon as he touches the ground, the man slowly walks towards the assembled personages while dusting himself off using black satin gloves.

"Well. It seems that there are more people here than I expected. It is quite the... 'colorful' lot."

I won't be making any rolls for a while since I haven't finished making my char or his two "followers" yet.

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-18, 02:55 PM
Azazel casts an eye at the massive dragon, and then turns back to the ogre.
"I have no power over the whims of the gods, you were called here because of your skills. Not because this is a job, the fate of our world rests on your actions during this time of strife. I can personally promise that the gods will grant any of your wishes once this is over. "

Silva Stormrage
2012-06-18, 04:17 PM
Zeref softly nods his head, That is fair Azazel. May we have any information about the job we have been summoned to do though? I am still unclear about the mission we will be assigned. It seems it is quite urgent given your tone. Zeref still looks around at the strange lot assembled looking somewhat worried beneath his suit of fortified armor.

Man on Fire
2012-06-18, 05:04 PM
"That's all all wanted to hear. So, introduce us to the gods, sonner I get this fate of the world business done, the sooner I'll find Kajstus." Nanny Grunch says to Azazel. She then looks at the dragon. "There sure are many amazing people here." She says, but there is something off in her voice. You would expect to hear a relief or respect or amazement in it and if you would try really hard, you might. But these feelings are not dominant. What is dominant in her voice is excitement. That bad, bad kind of exciteent you hear from somebody who just tells you that you're strong, before beating the living hell out of you.

Then you look at her face as she looks at the dragon. And you see that smile. That smile shouldn't belong on face of housemaid, even ogrish one. It's so wide, almost like an angry grimace, revealing all her sharp teeth. Her eyes are so fixated on the dragon, so full of that menace whose source you cannot ponder. This isn't a happy smile. This is a smile of somebody, who thinks how fun it would be to rip apart whatever he's looking at. "Cool." She says and that one word suddenly reminds you that this ridiculously looking woman is in fact a big monster who is known for eating their enemies. Or something even worse.

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-18, 09:06 PM
Azazel shakes his head:
"The gods are angry, and while some of them will direct it at other gods....some decide to.... Well.... Use mortals as stress relievers." A pained expression crosses his face.

Demidos
2012-06-18, 11:35 PM
Azazel shakes his head:
"The gods are angry, and while some of them will direct it at other gods....some decide to.... Well.... Use mortals as stress relievers." A pained expression crosses his face.

"So what, we just wait out here while the gods decide?" Flutter asks, seemingly a little put out at missing out on the chance to hear and see the gods in person.

From earlier
Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

Silva Stormrage
2012-06-19, 02:33 AM
Azazel shakes his head:

Zeref looks slightly worried at that, That sounds... somewhat fatal. I would much prefer to avoid being used as a way of relieving stress. I am sure all the assembled here are quite adept at their skill set and we would be excellent at combating whatever is causing them stress. Or at least reducing it so they don't vent their anger on other mortals.

greenpotato
2012-06-19, 04:00 AM
So then, we wait the cloud of insects thrums.
And again with that bizzare buzzing chuckle; "What an odd group we make, some of us not quite what you imagine when someones mentions a 'hero'"

Esquire
2012-06-19, 09:07 AM
So then, we wait the cloud of insects thrums.
And again with that bizzare buzzing chuckle; "What an odd group we make, some of us not quite what you imagine when someones mentions a 'hero'"

"I'm not so sure, my lady Appleleaf. For those with power such as ours, such forms and personalities as we have are fairly tame. I'm sure there are vampire lords from the catacombs of Oldtown, or devils from the Nine Hells, or perhaps a Slaadi Death Lord fresh from his extraplanar lair who would have met the requirements of power, but not those of sanity."

distant quasar
2012-06-19, 10:03 AM
Knowledge checks to recall anything about this Azazel dude-man-thingy :smalltongue::
arcana: [roll0]
planes: [roll1]
religion: [roll2]

The aberration rested its gaze on Azazel now, hardly seeming to notice the others in the room, except to laugh--if it could be called a laugh--at the janni's comment on sanity. His eyes burn as he speaks.

"And what if the gods are unable to grant our... wishes?"

Man on Fire
2012-06-19, 11:11 AM
"I'm not so sure, my lady Appleleaf. For those with power such as ours, such forms and personalities as we have are fairly tame. I'm sure there are vampire lords from the catacombs of Oldtown, or devils from the Nine Hells, or perhaps a Slaadi Death Lord fresh from his extraplanar lair who would have met the requirements of power, but not those of sanity."

As he speaks of vampires, devils and Death Lord, everybody can see that smile on Nanny Grunch's face becomes even wider and she looks even more psychotic. For unknow reason it brings to mind serial killer making a hit list.

Silva Stormrage
2012-06-19, 01:52 PM

Zeref softly raises his hand in response, Just pointing it out as I am sure it is difficult to see my face with my armor on but I am a vampire, not all vampires are evil. Just a large portion of them. And pretty much all that decide to become vampires willingly. Zeref's tone turns sad near the end of his statements.

Volthawk
2012-06-19, 02:35 PM
Well, it's evident the previous...discreteness I displayed is no longer needed, so I shall return to my normal form.

The first thing that happens to the little spider is that it grows. A lot. When the growth finishes, it stands as large as the dragon, and a lot more monstrous. Past the simplest part of it being a colossal spider, it has a stinger, like a scorpion, and the front legs have very much developed into proper claws rather than the little things most normal spiders do, and has also grown a pair of tentacles, that like the rest secretes some kind of combination of acid and venom.

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-19, 03:15 PM
Azazel looks at the cloud:
"We never said you were heroes, you are champions none the less. If you don't like our cause, you aren't bound to fight for us."

He turns to the rest of the group:
"Well, I belive the gods will see to your whims, It is only a matter of earning it."

Silva Stormrage
2012-06-19, 03:28 PM
Azazel looks at the cloud:
"We never said you were heroes, you are champions none the less. If you don't like our cause, you aren't bound to fight for us."

He turns to the rest of the group:
"Well, I belive the gods will see to your whims, It is only a matter of earning it."

Zeref nods, I believe I shall rise if I find the cause just and needed. And we shall see in the end what reward is earned. But first, I must know the full details of the quest the gods are giving us.

Demidos
2012-06-19, 03:47 PM
"I, for one, will stay. To maintain the balance. To serve my goddess." Flutter says. His eyes flare in momentarily unconcealed ardor.

Man on Fire
2012-06-19, 10:17 PM
"As my master used to say, you scratch my back, I sratch yours." Nanny says, smiling friendly to Azazel. Like if she wasn't smiling like a complete psychopath three seconds ago. "If god's promise to help, I'll do what I can."

distant quasar
2012-06-20, 09:34 AM
The thing continues to bore his eyes into the being sent to talk to them.

"I will agree to nothing until I know what services the gods want from me. Although," a twisted smile emerges on his face, revealing rows of razor teeth, fire dancing on his lips, "I must say I would greatly enjoy the oppurtunity to spit in the face of several of these... grand deities."

JKTrickster
2012-06-21, 02:43 AM
Iados felt a familiar tingle at the back of his neck. Rubbing his face, he sighed and looked up at the sky. He slowly moved around his room, gathering some supplies and carefully placing them within the bag. As he looked out his window, he realized that it would be night soon. Maybe he would be able to cook a little dinner for himself first, he thought with a smile. After all, he did have all the time in the world.

Looking back around, he realized that there was much more that he would have to prepare. After all, it wasn't every day that he had a chance to meet the Olden Ones.

~~~~

With a small flash and barely audible pop, Iados appeared on his pedestal; it read "Iados Morthoson", with a strange symbol of a clock. Unlike the others, these letters seemed oddly...worn, as if they have been there for quite a while.

As he stepped off, he glanced around the room with amusement. He stood rather tall, way past 6 feet, with long white hair down his back. His dark bronze skin contrasted with the clean white robes he wore. His broad shoulders and thick arms implied that he was a warrior, despite his lack of armor or weapons. All he had were two metal gauntlets and armbands, with a simple bag strapped across his back.

Despite his deceiving looks, it was obvious that Iados was not a young man. He walked slowly and calmly, with evenly measured paces. It was not the gait of a young man eager for the world, but rather it was the walk of someone who was content to let things come to him. His face had the telltale signs of wrinkles all over, especially his eyes.

If one could see past the illusions and auras, they could tell that Iados was wrapped in defensive magic. But they had an unusual feature to them - Iados seemed to be wrapped in time as well as magic, with symbols of clock hands and numerals floating around him. Iados might as well look like a walking and breathing clock tower.

His grey eyes instantly locked on Azazel, and Iados couldn't help but laugh "Ahh it's never good to see you Azazel," Iados said as he stepped forward to him. "I know it can never be good if you're needed as well. Sorry that I hadn't been the first one here, but you probably expected that anyway. Since when have I ever been early to these meetings anyway? Besides, I'm not even late! I arrived at precisely the moment I meant to," Iados said with a smile as he shook his friend's hand.

List of Buffs cast
All are Invisible. Any that don't last at least 10 hours are Persisted
Each of the buffs have a "Time" or "Clock" related motif because of my Spell Thematics feat.

Arcane Sight
Battlemagic Perception
Greater Magic Weapon (Chained)
Sense of the Dragon
Heart of Earth -> Stoneskin
Resistance, Superior
True Seeing (Reached first)
Starmantle (Reached first)
Elemental Body
Energy Absorption
Swiftblade's Speed, Superior
Mage Armor, Greater
Shield
Heroism, Greater
Anticipate Teleportation
Foresight
Mind Blank
Bladeweave
Visage of the Deity, Greater
Karmic Backlash
Kiss of Draconic Defiance
Eye of Stone
Ferocity of Sanguine Rage
Scimitar of Sand (refluffed as a giant hand of a clock, hidden so you actually can't see this one; Not Invisible)

Just putting this up so I can remember. Prepared Spells Spell list up later.

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-21, 11:01 AM
Azazel eyes light up after Iados appears on his beacon:
Well, from my understanding Iados, The world is about to see a lot more power, In a short frame of time. And we both know that's not the way time works. Azazel flashes a devilish grin.
So what have you been up to my old friend? Caused any more paradox's that I'm going to have to clean up? His eyes flirt with flickers of memories.

JKTrickster
2012-06-21, 06:49 PM
Iados shook his head sadly at the news. Taking a deep breath, he shrugged. "It's always power isn't it? After all, even a little power begets more power. And it can grow to become a parasitic disease, until there's nothing but power left." Shaking those thoughts away, he smiled. "Oh you know me. Just jumping around like always. I prefer not to make....too big of a splash at times. So you can understand why it took me so long. Besides, that wasn't even a Paradox that time! It was so small, the time stream smoothed it out all by itself!"

Turning around, he smiled and nodded to the other people who were there. "Pardon me, but I just haven't seen Azazel in a long time. But I trust that you guys wouldn't mind," he said with a nod of his head.

Looking at all of them, he openly held out his arms. "But I believe that I must introduce myself first. My name is Iados Morthoson, the first disciple of Jundr."

Man on Fire
2012-06-22, 09:13 AM
"Hello. Nice to mmet you. I'm nanny Grunch." Large woman shakes Iados' hand energically. Which means she shakes him.

Demidos
2012-06-22, 01:18 PM
Flutter nods cheerily to the newly arrived Iados. "Flutter. From the Northern Reaches. I would be intrigued to see some of your time-magic first-hand, Timelord Iados. I've heard many stories."

JKTrickster
2012-06-22, 01:27 PM
Iados smiled at Nancy Grunch's....overly enthusiastic response, although he rubbed his hand afterwards. It had been quite a long time since he's seen anyone with such a strange outlook, but he reminded himself to keep an open mind. Looking around, he noticed the different people and how strange they all looked. Laughing, he nodded. "It's a pleasure to meet you too Nanny Grunch. I heard you're looking for someone? I'm sure if the Gods can't help, or are unwilling, I'll be willing to help you afterwards as well. Free as charge too," he said with a smile.

Volthawk
2012-06-22, 01:32 PM
Archos' attention is taken by Iados when he appears.

Ah, you. Interesting how over all of this time I have lived, despite our similar interests, it is only now that I meet you. I suppose this summons will have one positive aspect regardless now.

JKTrickster
2012-06-22, 02:00 PM
Flutter nods cheerily to the newly arrived Iados. "Flutter. From the Northern Reaches. I would be intrigued to see some of your time-magic first-hand, Timelord Iados. I've heard many stories."

Smiling, Iados turned to Flutter. "You flatter me. I don't have any more control over Time than you do after all," he said with a wink. Turning to all those that were present, he nodded to each of them. "And with those of us present here, I'm sure I don't even have flashiest tricks either."

Archos' attention is taken by Iados when he appears.

Ah, you. Interesting how over all of this time I have lived, despite our similar interests, it is only now that I meet you. I suppose this summons will have one positive aspect regardless now.

Looking at Archos, Iados bowed out of respect. "Ahh Archos, the Wise One. I had always wanted to meet with you, to share knowledge and to barter with you. I am glad that I have been able to meet you here. Perhaps afterwards we will be able to talk more freely about the world and fate, and even Time itself."

Man on Fire
2012-06-22, 02:56 PM
"Gods promised to help me, but I'll be grateful for any help I can get." Nanny says. "But I have to ask, how do you know I'm looking for Kasjtus if I haven't said anything about it yet?"

Volthawk
2012-06-22, 04:51 PM
Archos' giant monstrous spider head nods.Perhaps. We shall see.

Demidos
2012-06-22, 07:09 PM
Smiling, Iados turned to Flutter. "You flatter me. I don't have any more control over Time than you do after all," he said with a wink. Turning to all those that were present, he nodded to each of them. "And with those of us present here, I'm sure I don't even have flashiest tricks either."

Flutter bows, half respectfully and half mockingly (all in good humor). Then he looks to Azazel. "How much longer do you think the gods will be deliberating?"

Man on Fire
2012-06-22, 08:51 PM
"That's a very good question. Some of us are more important things to do than this "end of the world" bussiness, you know?"

Esquire
2012-06-23, 07:35 AM
"That's a very good question. Some of us are more important things to do than this "end of the world" bussiness, you know?"

"Forgive me my skepticism, my lady Grutch." The genie has a smile on his face, but there's a certain steely glint in his eyes.

JKTrickster
2012-06-23, 11:49 PM
"Gods promised to help me, but I'll be grateful for any help I can get." Nanny says. "But I have to ask, how do you know I'm looking for Kasjtus if I haven't said anything about it yet?"

Smiling, Iados took a coin out and palmed it between his fingers. Looking at the huge Ogre, he flipped the coin into the air and caught it. "Just because I'm not present, doesn't mean I don't have alternative ways of finding out what's happening," he said as he revealed the platinum coin. "Is it heads? Aww, looks like I'm wrong again. Been failing at this game for at least years now!"

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-24, 08:42 PM
Azazel slaps his hand on his head, shooting an eye at the coin as it makes flight in the air, And Immediately after it lands, An explosive sound comes from within the chamber, both colossal doors swing back on their hinges as a loud voice booms:
Enter Champions! The Olden Ones call upon you in their time of need!

His tattoo'd face growing darker, Azazel scowls deeply:
I would suggest you follow quickly. and disappears, reappearing inside the chamber.

As you enter the Massive chamber, You see Protheos, Lord of Valor, Sitting on his throne of gold and marble. Ladara, The lady of Trickery on her throne that looks like a pile of platinum. Faotim, The god of Dwarves, Sitting on his carved stone seat. Clankencog, The god of Knownledge, Hovering above Protheos' shoulder in the form of a giant raven. Aler, The god of humans and elves, Slumped back in his seat with his head in his hands. Vitrahi, The god of dragons, Coiled around a giant pulsating crystal. And finally Thanatius, The god of shadows and demons, Sitting on his mound of skulls with Multiple spirits flying around him.

Demidos
2012-06-24, 09:02 PM
His grin looking rather like the smile of a kid contemplating Christmas, Flutter steps into the shadow of his nearest counterpart and vanishes, reappearing in the shadow cast by Azazel. "Hail great ones!" he calls out to those arranged about the chamber. "I hope your day went well!"

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-24, 09:17 PM
Protheos looks down at the mortal with disdain.
If only it had brave soul. Then we may of had no need for you.

He glances up at the raven who seems to be whispering to him.

At that very moment, A Giant of a man steps through a portal appearing in the center of the chamber. Standing about 35 Feet tall, The Fiery mane of hair on the man falls down to about his waist. He looks up at Protheos:

It is worse then we believed sir. The Ardanians have unleashed their minor gods upon the world to wreck havoc.

Protheos slams his first into the arm of his chair, causing the entire room to shake:

Have they no respect for the laws of the world? We created this realm! Our word should be law!

Across from the angry god, Thanatius speaks like a hoarse goat:
Allow me to loose my children upon them Protheos. They will rue the day they broke our laws! A flicker of pure evil crosses his eyes.

Protheos stop shaking the room long enough to think about the offer. Before dismissing the notion with a wave.

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-24, 09:26 PM
Protheos then turns to the assembly of champions:
Champions, Your task is simple, We need you to be our mortal vassals in the war, We cannot interfer due to the laws we the six set years ago, Each of you will Champion one of us, And into you, we will channel our strengths. Azazel will be your guide on your journey, And your goals are simple, First, You need to end the war of the Olden cities versus the Ardanian cities, by what ever means necessary, Some cities are less zealous then others, so you will need to try different tacticds. Next, you need to stop the Ardanian lords from exerting their physical forms, It will give us a chance to invade their minds will they are weak and overpower them. And finally, You need to destroy their blasphemous followers! As long as they preach to kings and queens, the poison the minds of the lords and force their hand to Ardanian sides! Are you up for the task?

greenpotato
2012-06-24, 10:44 PM
"A many faceted and challenging task, it would of course be a great honour to serve. If I could presume to choose my patron I would humbly request to be in the service of the noble Ahuramazda" Appleleaf buzzes

Demidos
2012-06-24, 11:07 PM
"I beg the chance to channel the power of my Goddess, she of two faces." Flutter says, bowing almost to the floor to Proteus
And if Ladara is in the room, he throws himself to the floor at her feet.

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-24, 11:26 PM
Ladara smirks and bows her head in agreement. Ahuramazda isn't present, but appleleaf can feel the dieties presence inside himself.

JKTrickster
2012-06-25, 01:31 AM
Casually walking into the room, Iados straightened his back as he bowed before the various Gods. Although he held disdain for at least one of the Old Ones in the room, he knew better than to speak his mind here. Turning to Protheos, he bowed even deeper in place.

"Business as usual then?" he said with a completely straight face. Unlike in the waiting room, Iados seemed much more serious and somber, without a hint of the smile that he had just moments before. Instead he almost seemed too respectful in place, as if he was going through a routine that he had practiced and repeated many times before. "I stand by my Lord, Jundr, forever and always, until the end of Time itself. With the might of those gathered here today, I have no doubt in my mind that we can solve even the most difficult task."

Glancing at his troubled demeanor, Iados wondered what Aler thought about all of this. "Aler, what seems to trouble you? It is odd to see you so....down." Iados said simply.

Silva Stormrage
2012-06-25, 02:14 AM
Zeref steps forward and somewhat sadly speaks to the group, Yes, I shall help. I will do all in my power to stop them and the conflict they bring. I shall find myself most useful serving Clankencog the Wise in this quest.

Man on Fire
2012-06-25, 05:26 AM
Nanny Grunch, who since meeting the gods was quiet and tried to look very representative, cannot stop herself from cracking a smile. On one hand she seems happy about the mission of bringing back peace. On the other, she seems happy about all the fighting she will have to do.
"Well of course I will help you. It would be impolite to refuse somebody who is asking so nicely." She says. She is sure she doesn't have to bring up her own quest now, they're gods, they already knows about it. She will just have to beat up few strong guys and gods will basically teleport her little Kastjus back into her hands. Piece of cake, she was fighting with a lot of scary cats in her life already. "As my patron I choose Rok, I heard he's such a nice guy once you get to know him. Like me, only I'm a girl, of course."

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-25, 10:19 AM
Aler looks up curiously at the voice:
I cannot fathom putting my children into danger, I am not just the god of elves, I am also father to all sentient beings. The mass slaughter of my children has made me distraught, I apologize for my appearance.

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-25, 10:21 AM
The red maned giant slowly turns when the orge calls the name of Rok:
Are you sure that you are capable of championing Rok's name? Will you be able to fight when doom is near and knocking on your thick skull? A fiery blaze in his eyes, He seems to almost challenge the Nanny's pledge just with his glaze.

Nanny roll a knowledge religion even if you don't have it.

Avalon®
2012-06-25, 01:11 PM
A latecomer arrives on the sound of enormous wings. On lupine legs he lands and strides towards the chamber of the gods. A cloak of emerald leaves trail him alongside two segmented brass tentacles tarnished with verdigris that peek out from underneath while hell-forged chains attached to links fused to tarnished brass plating on his arms and legs clink noisily as they are dragged forward.

Broken Chains Derelict enters the chamber and considers that his protocols must have been more corrupted than he realized to come and visit his enemies brazenly, the ones who have unjustly imprisoned him for more than a century before his escape, while they ponder on war. They still believe that he was the one who caused the destruction of the Amber City just because he was the only one who survived at ground zero. Since then, he was bodily taken and imprisoned in the realm most fit for those who have committed acts such as the one he supposedly did.

It has been less than a few years since his escape and he has used each and every moment since then searching who amongst the Old Ones framed him for a crime that, for once, he was innocent of. The most successful way so far has been to bodily interrogate each and every follower of the Old Ones that has crossed his path as well as some well-targeted acts of terror amongst the believers.

His face obscured by a three-fold mask that hovers less than an inch from his face, he greets the assembled gods and Protheos in particular in a mocking tone just a shade less than an all-out insult. Instead though of his brass mouth moving in greeting, it is the three-fold mask consisting of a fierce lion, a demonic goat, and unusually replacing the traditional savage dragon, an amalgamation of a green dragon and the blind beast known as a Yrthak, that alternates between the faces as he speaks.

"Hail assembled gods both noble and just. And to you oh 'Great Defender', Demonbane! What has troubled you so? Has the Lord of Darkness attempted to break free of his restraints seeking to emulate my/our example? Or have the two heads of Vitrahi come to bicker and argue amongst itself?"

OOC:Sorry for the switcheroo but this is going to be my char for the game. Let's see how much affront the Old Ones can stand.

As can be seen in the short internal musing above, my guy has a definite beef with the Old Ones but he knows that they are still his number one bet to get proper justice or restitution.

@Lonewolf: What makes the crime worse is that he basically destroyed a great city which contained the race that created him. I hope that I'm not contradicting any fluff that you might have planned.

Esquire
2012-06-25, 05:13 PM
"My Lord Clankencog, I would serve you, assuming no objection. The favor of the All-Wise will surely ease the task ahead."

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-25, 08:59 PM
Clankencog nods approval.

Volthawk
2012-06-26, 08:38 AM
Archos looks over at Aler for a moment.

Sentient beings die. They have their time, however long that may be, and then die - whether naturally or because they were killed. That's how it is. No need to be distraught over it.

JKTrickster
2012-06-26, 05:07 PM
The red maned giant slowly turns when the orge calls the name of Rok:
Are you sure that you are capable of championing Rok's name? Will you be able to fight when doom is near and knocking on your thick skull? A fiery blaze in his eyes, He seems to almost challenge the Nanny's pledge just with his glaze.

Looking between Nanny Grunch and Rok, Iados wondered if he should step in and interfere. Shrugging, he realized that this was the Rok's business and his alone - as a God he surely had the right to choose his champion and test them if he wanted to.

Aler looks up curiously at the voice:
I cannot fathom putting my children into danger, I am not just the god of elves, I am also father to all sentient beings. The mass slaughter of my children has made me distraught, I apologize for my appearance.

Archos looks over at Aler for a moment.

Sentient beings die. They have their time, however long that may be, and then die - whether naturally or because they were killed. That's how it is. No need to be distraught over it.

Nodding his head, Iados understood Aler's sentiment. "While that might be true Archos, you cannot blame Aler - he is a God of life. All this senseless death, all these people dying so others can gain even more power, it is nothing but sad. I can understand Aler's attachment to them."

Looking at Aler, he bowed. "I will try to minimize the causalities myself, if that is the best that I can do." Iados was serious about his promise - he had seen much death in his life, and he could remember every detail, every face, down to their last dying breaths. He could see their disappointment, their hopes and dreams crushed as their life slowly drained away from their faces. There was no reason to encourage that for much longer.

A latecomer arrives on the sound of enormous wings. On lupine legs he lands and strides towards the chamber of the gods. A cloak of emerald leaves trail him alongside two segmented brass tentacles tarnished with verdigris that peek out from underneath while hell-forged chains attached to links fused to tarnished brass plating on his arms and legs clink noisily as they are dragged forward.

Broken Chains Derelict enters the chamber and considers that his protocols must have been more corrupted than he realized to come and visit his enemies brazenly, the ones who have unjustly imprisoned him for more than a century before his escape, while they ponder on war. They still believe that he was the one who caused the destruction of the Amber City just because he was the only one who survived at ground zero. Since then, he was bodily taken and imprisoned in the realm most fit for those who have committed acts such as the one he supposedly did.

It has been less than a few years since his escape and he has used each and every moment since then searching who amongst the Old Ones framed him for a crime that, for once, he was innocent of. The most successful way so far has been to bodily interrogate each and every follower of the Old Ones that has crossed his path as well as some well-targeted acts of terror amongst the believers.

His face obscured by a three-fold mask that hovers less than an inch from his face, he greets the assembled gods and Protheos in particular in a mocking tone just a shade less than an all-out insult. Instead though of his brass mouth moving in greeting, it is the three-fold mask consisting of a fierce lion, a demonic goat, and unusually replacing the traditional savage dragon, an amalgamation of a green dragon and the blind beast known as a Yrthak, that alternates between the faces as he speaks.

"Hail assembled gods both noble and just. And to you oh 'Great Defender', Demonbane! What has troubled you so? Has the Lord of Darkness attempted to break free of his restraints seeking to emulate my/our example? Or have the two heads of Vitrahi come to bicker and argue amongst itself?"

Looking at Broken Chains Derelict, Iados sighed. This was a tortured soul, and his cries of innocence had rocked entire planes, as had his violent retribution afterwards. Iados did not pity him, nor did he hate him either. "You really know how to make an entrance, don't you?" Iados said as he turned towards the latecomer.

Man on Fire
2012-06-26, 08:12 PM
"Well, if the Rok thinks I'm not good enough for him, if the Rok wants to put good old nanny to a test, then I only have to say one thing." Nanny Grunch responds, as she stands proudly, with her arms crossed, looking boldly into Rok's eyes. Clearly showing by her stance she is ready for anything anytime, she says "Just bring it."

Avalon®
2012-06-27, 02:34 PM
Mockingly Chains replies. "The gods won't notice anything mundane. Nooooo! We/We are but ants upon their feet. I/We must do something grand to get even the barest acknowledgement from them."

He pauses for a few moments before continuing. "One pantheon is as good as another. If the mission is to weaken the opposing pantheon then a systematic slaughter of their believers is required. If even one/single/sole/distinct worshiper remains, it will take root again. Therefore, problems like these must be cut at the root."

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-27, 08:13 PM
Mockingly Chains replies. "The gods won't notice anything mundane. Nooooo! We/We are but ants upon their feet. I/We must do something grand to get even the barest acknowledgement from them."

He pauses for a few moments before continuing. "One pantheon is as good as another. If the mission is to weaken the opposing pantheon then a systematic slaughter of their believers is required. If even one/single/sole/distinct worshiper remains, it will take root again. Therefore, problems like these must be cut at the root."

Thanatius' mouth curls into a wicked smile:

I like this one Protheos. I would request that you are my champion.
His eyes burn into Mocking Chains like the fires of Hell.

Avalon®
2012-06-28, 11:14 AM
Thanatius' mouth curls into a wicked smile:

I like this one Protheos. I would request that you are my champion.
His eyes burn into Mocking Chains like the fires of Hell.

"My/Our services do not come cheap. I/We require two things. First, I/We are to be exonerated of all charges. Second, I/We wish to know who falsely charged me/us. Third, I/We wish to enact due recompense from said entity without interference from any of the Old Ones or their vassals and followers or anyone present in this room.

JKTrickster
2012-06-28, 11:44 AM
Hoping that Rok wouldn't be pounding Nanny Grunch into the floor anytime soon, Iados turned to Chains. Crossing his arms, he looked into the whirling mask that Chains wore. "What is your real purpose Chains? Why do you come here, the one place that you hate the most? Does your drive for innocence push you that far? How many more are you willing to kill before you relent? Or will you simply let it consume you, until you are guilty for more than what you were originally accused of?"

Spell List!

Swiftblade

1st: Shield, True Strike x 12

2nd: Bladeweave, Gust of Wind x 12

3rd: Greater Mage Armor, Scimitar of Sand, Anticipate Teleportation, Bands of Steel, Arcana Bolt x8

4th: Dimensional Anchor x2, Resilient Sphere x2, Superior Swiftblade's Speed, Celerity x7

5th: Cyclonic Blast x5, Dispel Magic, Greater x6, - Gave up one slot for Arcane Weapon.

6th: Antimagic Field, Forcecage x4, Reverse Gravity x3, Spiritwall x3, Greater Heroism

7th: Foresight, Mindblank, Howling Chain x2, Augmented Haste (Timestop 3 rounds) x5

Wizard

0th: Prestidigitation x4

1st: Snuff the Light x3, Silent Image x12

2nd: Rope Trick, Eyes-In-Time, Detect Thoughts, Sculpted Whirling Blade x12

3rd: Arcane Sight, Battlemagic Perception, Karmic Backlash, Greater Magic Weapon, Sense of the Dragon, Ferocity of Sanguine Rage, Sculpted, Empowered Whirling Blade x8

4th: Heart of Earth, Dispelling Screen x2, Celerity x4, Assay Spell Resistance x4, Greater Mirror Image, Black Tentacles x2

5th: Telekinesis x3, Wall of Stone x6, Refusal, Cloudkill x4

6th: Resistance, Superior, True Seeing, Eye of Stone, Freezing Fog x4, Assay Spell Resistance x4, Dispelling Screen x2, Starmantle

7th: Sculpted Choking Cobwebs x3, Choking Cobwebs, Energy Absorption, Elemental Body, Glass Strike x4, Project Image, Kiss of Draconic Defiance, Bite of the Werebear

8th: Maze x3, Prying Eyes, Greater, Chain Dispel x5, Moment of Prescience, Augmented Slow (Timestop 3 rounds) x3

9th: Maw of Chaos x8, Wish, Shapechange, Visage of the Deity, Greater, Augmented Slow (Timestop 4 rounds) x2

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-28, 10:40 PM
Before the ogre was any wiser, a giant hammer appeared in Rok's hands, swinging it with the might of one thousand ogres, Rok slams the giant hammer into the nanny's side, launching her into flight, and crushing the air out of her. Flying for a good 10 seconds, the nanny crashes into one of the stone pillars like a giant green cannonball, shattering the pillar and bringing tons of rock, raining down on the nanny's head.

Demidos
2012-06-28, 11:23 PM
Flutter looks at Ladara, clearly wondering if she is going to test him as well.

Man on Fire
2012-06-29, 06:36 AM
Nanny slowly raises from the rubble. Everybody can hear how she mutters to herself more and more.
"Amazing. Absolutely Amazing. You are so strong. This is going to be fun. This is going to be BEST! THING! EVER! She yells in excitement and her scream slowly turns into incoherent animalistic roar.. She suddenly grows larger and everybody around her can feel how air becomes incredibly hot. Her skin changes into more akin of a strange metal, which quickly starts getting hot - it's suprise her equipment doesn't burn, apparently it's protected. Then, still roaring, she charges at the Rok.

Okay, so first mechanics:
Greater Rage activated, +6 to Str and Con to STR, to effective 37 (+13 bonus+ and 39(+14) Fort 40, +4 to Will, to 39, -2 to AC to 48.
Fiery Aura - anyone within 20 feet must make Fort save with DC equal her constitution, so 39, or suffer 2d12 damage.
She becomes one size larger, updating her to Huge. If Rok is still larger than her, she is threated as one size larger, updating to Gargantuan. In first case she gets +2 to Str, up to 39 and +14 modifier, -2 Dex to 21 and +5 modifier, -1 Attack Rolls and -1 AC to 47. In second case she gets double bonuses, giving her +4 Str to 41 and +15 modier, -4 Dex to 19 and +4 modifier, -2 Attack rolls and -2 AC to 46.
Iron Body - All effects of Iron Body Spell, so +6 Str to 47 and +18 modifer, - 6 Dex to 13 and +1 modifier. Half normal speed. All other benefits of Iron Body (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/ironBody.htm) spell granted on her.
Charge - doesn't provoke attack of opportunity and can make full attack in charge. +2 attack rolls - 2 AC to 44, moves with twice speed, so speed returns to normal. Opponent mustake Will save or becomes shaken. Automatically overruns all smaller creatures in her path, without dealing any damage.
With minus Dex AC is either 42 or 40, depending on size.
With flurry of blows full attack bonus will be +54/+50/+44/+40/+19/+14
Attack Rolls for double size, -1 from result if size if only one size applies:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
Damage should be, for double size increase, 6d6+5, for single size increase it's 4d6+5. Going to roll for double, tell me if I have to roll for single and I'll roll again:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
Also, + [roll12] damage to attack with highest roll from cannon punch and as much damage to her.

Also, weapons that hit's her must make save with DC equal her Con or take 4d12 points of fire damage.

Man on Fire
2012-06-29, 06:39 AM
I said I do damage for double size and did for single, here is double size increase damage

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-29, 10:56 AM
Rok steadies himself, and right before the nanny reaches him, He drops his hammer and throws his arms up in front of himself before receiving the onslaught that the muscled mass had prepared for him. Faltering under the rain of blows, Rok suddenly reaches out and grabs her arm, pulling with all his strength, he manages to heave the 60 foot tall ogre over his shoulder, slamming her into ground behind him.

Pausing, Rok then let's out a torrent of laughter:
I accept you as my Champion, you have strength and courage that almost rivals my own.

He then reaches down to lend her a hand standing up.

Avalon®
2012-06-29, 11:37 AM
Hoping that Rok wouldn't be pounding Nanny Grunch into the floor anytime soon, Iados turned to Chains. Crossing his arms, he looked into the whirling mask that Chains wore. "What is your real purpose Chains? Why do you come here, the one place that you hate the most? Does your drive for innocence push you that far? How many more are you willing to kill before you relent? Or will you simply let it consume you, until you are guilty for more than what you were originally accused of?"

The face nearest Iados, the goat's head answers.
"There are no innocents amongst the worshipers. They are guilty by association."

"There is an old adage that says 'Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.' I/We intend to follow that."

Without turning his heads, Chains watches the quick skirmish between Nanny Grunch and Rok. The lion's head stares directly at Thanatius' face.

"We both know my/our capabilities Demon King. If you wish to test me/us, be prepared for repercussion similar to my escape." All three heads break out into a nasty grin as Broken Chains Derelict remembers his actions during his escape which led to a sizable fraction of hell either incapacitated or dead.

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-29, 11:55 AM
Thanatius glares at the beast:

I would love to crush the life out of you Chains, but I believe we can come to an agreement instead. You fight for us, and you vow to NOT kill anymore of our people while you are doing it. I am also sure that Protheos could accommodate your wishes.

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-29, 12:11 PM
Flutter looks at Ladara, clearly wondering if she is going to test him as well.
Ladara almost seems upset by Rok's actions, You doubt she will test you in any similar way to that.

"My/Our services do not come cheap. I/We require two things. First, I/We are to be exonerated of all charges. Second, I/We wish to know who falsely charged me/us. Third, I/We wish to enact due recompense from said entity without interference from any of the Old Ones or their vassals and followers or anyone present in this room.
Protheos grows pale:
I can agree to allowing you to be exonerated after you have completed the task before you, the council will discuss your other requests, and we will let you know when we have reached a decision, Is this satisfactory?

The color drawns from Aler's face while Thanatius starts to chuckle before he speaks up:
I hate to agree with Mockingly Chains, but he is right, if we don't cut the problem at the root, we will have to deal with this same problem in a few thousand years

Man on Fire
2012-06-29, 12:57 PM
Nanny accepts Rok's hand, turning back down to normal.
"That was fun!" She says, smiling like a happy child. "Once this war and my mission is over, can fight again?" She asks, in tone more fit to a child asking parents if they can go to circus second time. "But of course as a bonus, my main request still is that, once this is over, you, all of you, help me find my little Kajstjus. But I bet you already know that, I just wanted to be clear" She quickly adds, now very seriously and adressing all of the Gods. "Sorry, but, as my master likes to say, you must do business before fun." She says to Rok.

Lonewolfe208
2012-06-29, 06:11 PM
Nanny accepts Rok's hand, turning back down to normal.
"That was fun!" She says, smiling like a happy child. "Once this war and my mission is over, can fight again?" She asks, in tone more fit to a child asking parents if they can go to circus second time. "But of course as a bonus, my main request still is that, once this is over, you, all of you, help me find my little Kajstjus. But I bet you already know that, I just wanted to be clear" She quickly adds, now very seriously and adressing all of the Gods. "Sorry, but, as my master likes to say, you must do business before fun." She says to Rok.

Rok nods:

Understood. You have my blessing. I look foward to your return. Nanny can see a gleam of joy in his eyes.

Demidos
2012-06-29, 11:52 PM
Standing up from his place at his goddess' feet, Flutter turns to address the assmbled gods. So just to clarify here, we're planning to destroy all the churches of new pantheon, all the records of their existence, all their worshippers, and the manifestations of the gods themselves? I was fuzzy on the last one.

If the above is correct, how do you wish us to start? Where, and when? If we have to fight the gods themselves, how can we survive? Or will killing their worshippers make them weak enough to encounter?

And when can we start? he ends with a grin.

Silva Stormrage
2012-06-30, 01:03 AM
Standing up from his place at his goddess' feet, Flutter turns to address the assmbled gods. So just to clarify here, we're planning to destroy all the churches of new pantheon, all the records of their existence, all their worshippers, and the manifestations of the gods themselves? I was fuzzy on the last one.

If the above is correct, how do you wish us to start? Where, and when? If we have to fight the gods themselves, how can we survive? Or will killing their worshippers make them weak enough to encounter?

Zeref nods and starts talking since the group starts talking about the mission. Yes, any further information before we begin would be appreciated. Also we have a lot of people here. It may be beneficial if we try to accomplish multiple of the goals at once and split up. It would also be harder for the gods to counter attacks on multiple fronts. Even with their abilities.

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-01, 08:38 AM

Protheos grins:
You will spear head the war against the Ardanians, there are 6 of them, and yes, you will need to do all of those things. It is a difficult task, but It will be well worth it.

I'm moving today and tomoro, so I won't have very long posts, :/

JKTrickster
2012-07-02, 06:30 PM
Iados sighed as Nanny Grunch emerged unharmed from the rubble. He evens smiled when he saw her counterattack. It looks...rough, but it certainly seems to work, he thought as Rok chose finally chose her as his champion. Perhaps they will be useful here.

Turning to Protheos, Iados nodded as he explained what they had to do. Looking at Aler in the corner of his eye, he kept in mind what he had promised to the god. After all, there was no reason for more pain than was absolutely necessary - it reminded of far darker thoughts than he would have liked.

"Well then we better be off. May your guidance be with us," he said simply as he started turning around and leaving. Looking at Flutter, he motioned for the rest to follow. "There are some easy places to start. But first we have to catch their attention. That is more than simple enough - their temples themselves. But they are many and we want to make as much noise as possible. Perhaps we can split up into different groups?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-02, 06:57 PM
Iados sighed as Nanny Grunch emerged unharmed from the rubble. He evens smiled when he saw her counterattack. It looks...rough, but it certainly seems to work, he thought as Rok chose finally chose her as his champion. Perhaps they will be useful here.

Turning to Protheos, Iados nodded as he explained what they had to do. Looking at Aler in the corner of his eye, he kept in mind what he had promised to the god. After all, there was no reason for more pain than was absolutely necessary - it reminded of far darker thoughts than he would have liked.

"Well then we better be off. May your guidance be with us," he said simply as he started turning around and leaving. Looking at Flutter, he motioned for the rest to follow. "There are some easy places to start. But first we have to catch their attention. That is more than simple enough - their temples themselves. But they are many and we want to make as much noise as possible. Perhaps we can split up into different groups?"

Zeref nods, Yes, I think splitting up is going to be more efficient then anything else. I believe we are all competent enough in our own skills that we shouldn't need to have everyone at every temple. It would only slow us down. I believe splitting people into groups based on skill set would be useful. That way the assassins and stealth focused members of our group aren't impaired by the clanky direct fighting type of characters.

Man on Fire
2012-07-02, 08:05 PM
"I'm with the direct guys then. I'm sadly too big girl for stealthy stuff." nanny says, through everybody can notice she smiles a bit at the perspective of fight that clearly goes with that group.

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-02, 08:33 PM
Zeref softly speaks again, I shall also place myself in a direct combat group. I feel certain restrictions of mine will prove... cumbersome to any attempts at stealth.

JKTrickster
2012-07-02, 10:04 PM
As they walked out of the room, Iados sighed. It seemed like he was holding something in, just by being in the same room as the Gods. It wasn't disrespectful or malice but it seemed that Iados greatly preferred not to speak in front of them.

"I'm not too sure we should split up based like that," he said with a shrug. "I would rather we split up based on complimentary skill sets, so that we end up being more than a sum of individually strong champions. The Ardanians Gods will love to exploit our weaknesses at every turn so it would be bad if we conveniently separated ourselves by 'type'."

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-03, 07:41 AM
Protheos sighs deeply:

Your divide and conquer strategy will work on the first few temples, but once you gain the attention of the lords, you will have creatures of legend on your backsides. And there are many temples with many followers milling about. He rubs his temples:
The general of the Larias Empire, the majority of the cities that we control, requires assistance on the battlefronts, you could go assist him in his war.

Demidos
2012-07-03, 05:58 PM
As you wish. Where is he currently stationed? I can take us there, if it is so required. Flutter's eyes glint at the prospect of excitement.

greenpotato
2012-07-04, 04:35 AM
"Splitting our forces could double our efficacy, I agree.
While being able to change shape is great for disguise and infiltration I believe I perform the task of 'hit things' better than 'sneak'" Appleleaf says with a buzzing chuckle. "Although I think a battlefield may be my place to shine"

Avalon®
2012-07-04, 10:22 AM
"I/We care not where I/we am/are going as long as I/we get to increase the ire of deities." A deep metallic rumble of a chuckle emanates from underneath the chimaera mask that does not bode well for its intended victims.

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-04, 11:15 AM
The General is stationed in Abalast, one of the hold cities of the Larian Empire, It is also the closest city to the Ardanian Empire. He is about to launch an attack into their lands.

Man on Fire
2012-07-04, 01:11 PM
"Then what are we waiting for?" Nanny ask, quite bored by the discussion.

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-04, 02:05 PM
"Then what are we waiting for?" Nanny ask, quite bored by the discussion.

Zeref nods, I agree, let us all go together and help at the battlefield. It will help us get familiar with one another's skill sets. Can anyone teleport us there now? I assume there is something that we can do there right away.

Esquire
2012-07-04, 04:30 PM
"I would be happy to. Or perhaps a spell of shadow walking? Defenses against teleportation are depressingly common among the powerful and the paranoid. I find it remarkable how often those two traits coincide."

greenpotato
2012-07-04, 06:39 PM
"I know the spell greater teleport. While shadow walking is grand is time not an issue? How far away is our destination? A distance of many miles may take hours to shadow walk"

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-05, 04:43 PM
Zeref nods and speaks softly, I believe that time is of the essence. Most teleportation protections aren't dangerous anyway they tend to just block teleportations from occurring. I think you should cast your spell Appleleaf.

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-05, 09:11 PM
Protheos snorts:

If you want a rough estimate, I would say that the base camp is around 3000 miles away, We can transport you there if that is your desire.

JKTrickster
2012-07-05, 11:14 PM
Nodding at their suggestions, Iados scratched his chin. He seemed to be contemplating something, but he pushed the thought aside for now. It was likely that the general would have more information to add when they got there. Eager to leave and get started, he turned back to the others. "Okay sure. Let's do this already," he said simply.

Turning to Protheos, he bowed. "Then I humbly request that you please do so. After all, you don't want us to be delayed either."

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-06, 12:56 AM
Protheos snorts:

If you want a rough estimate, I would say that the base camp is around 3000 miles away, We can transport you there if that is your desire.

Zeref nods, If you could do that it would be great. Thank you.

greenpotato
2012-07-06, 01:37 AM
"Yes, lets go. Is everyone ready?"

Man on Fire
2012-07-06, 12:11 PM
"I was bron ready, my friend." Nanny says, visibly excited.

Avalon®
2012-07-06, 03:20 PM
"Let us go."

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-08, 10:13 PM
Slamming his giant fists together, Protheos emits an energy beam thats sucks your party up like a vacuum. You fell slightly dizzy, before landing in a big open area, you see soliders milling about, the camp being shown to be alive and functional.

greenpotato
2012-07-08, 11:57 PM
"Do not be alarmed, we have come to help. Where is the General?" Appleleaf thrums loudly as she hovers towards the nearest soldier.

Man on Fire
2012-07-09, 06:11 AM
"We're gonna deal with those people you're fighting with for you! Yo don't have to thank us." Nanny says to the soldiers.

JKTrickster
2012-07-09, 07:38 PM
As Iados arrived onto the scene, he instinctively winced. The sounds of war and metal was all around him, and it was not an unfamiliar sight. Still, Iados had to say that he did not relish it. Turning with a grim face, he scanned the rest of the camp for anything that seemed unique or special. He wondered where the General was. Obviously a group of highly specialized and...peculiar looking individuals was just transported into the middle of their fortified camp.

Taking a deep breath, he realized that the situation was just slightly unfavorable for them. Hopefully their appearances would not frighten some of the soldiers and cause a panic. That wouldn't be the best of first impressions.

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-09, 09:52 PM
The camp lights up around you, you recognize the sounds of alarms going off and the camp mobilizes around you, not AT you. A large male human wearing a crown comes around the bend with a group of advisors hovering about him like a group of flies. At the fore front of the group, you see Azazel whispering into the ear of the crowned one. He nods a couple of times and breaks into a run, screaming for his soliders to mobilize.

Azazel brushes himself off and appears next to the party.

"Well, good news, Nanny you get to smash things. Bad news, these things are giants. They are pushing war machines up the hill at our position, 12 of them to be exact. And besides the thousands of soliders milling about the towers, you also have a bunch of pissed-off looking giants." Azazel touches one of his tattoos, which glows briefly, before frowning deeply:
"They have strong casters with them too." His eyes flash a crimson red:
"Well boys, we have our work cut out, let's stop these towers."

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-10, 12:19 AM
Zeref looks around suddenly serious now that his goal has been stated, I believe it might be effective to have a distraction group. And a sabotage group. People that are durable should go in the distraction group. That group should cause as much destruction and mayhem causing the group with the task of sabotage easier. Each group should have one person capable of teleporting. I shall be most effective fighting living creatures so I shall place myself in the distraction group. Nanny I believe you may wish to join me in this as well. If anyone else has any other plans I am willing to here them out. This of course only works if the armies are somewhat far away from the siege towers themselves. If they aren't we should just move as a united force of doom upon them.

greenpotato
2012-07-10, 01:19 AM
"As Azazel says, the army is milling about the base of the towers, let's get stuck in. I can cast time stop and then summon many swarms to kill much of the ground forces around the base of the towers. If the giants are the ones pushing the siege engines then stop them and the seize engines are useless" Appleleaf buzzes in an eager way.

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-10, 06:24 AM
Azazel shakes his head:

" I fear you may be endangered if you do that. I can sense 4 casters of tremendous power."

Man on Fire
2012-07-10, 01:53 PM
Nanny smashes her fists together. "Then just point them out to us, we'll teleport next to them and lay a smackdown on their candy a**es!"

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-10, 09:03 PM
The tattoo'd man shakes his head:

"I'm afraid it doesn't work like that my dear."

Man on Fire
2012-07-11, 04:18 AM
"Why not?" Nanny ask innecently, like a child asking why she cannot get candy.

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-11, 12:01 PM
Zeref sighs, Wards against teleportation probably. Okay then, second plan. Lets try to isolate these casters from the rest of the group. We shall split into two groups. One with me and a caster who can't cast greater invisibility or a better invisibility spell and who can also teleport. It will also be beneficial if he can cast a high level dispel such as disjunction but that is not necessary. Then we shall have the rest stay back here. Depending on how close the teleportation wards reach the caster and I shall approach the camp. I shall then start sending black flames into the army. This ability duplicates the spell blackfire for those casters who are familiar with it. We shall wait until a caster attempts to come out and challenge us. If all four come out the caster I am with will teleport me out. If only one comes in then the rest will teleport in and hopefully we shall destroy him fast enough before reinforcements arrive. If we are still within the wards when he appears the caster and I will run as far as we can away from the camp to get out of the wards and then the ambush group teleports in when they can. Any one object to this plan?

Avalon®
2012-07-11, 12:47 PM
Broken Chains Derelict speaks out. "I/We am/are not one to shy away from danger. I/We will take part of this raid. I/We have no fear of any spell."

Man on Fire
2012-07-11, 03:42 PM
"We may just use the dragon to drop ourselves in on them and beat them before they realize what's going on. Then I can sing a song about our great power and scare the rest of the army. eeing as we defeated their magicians, their morale surerly will drop." Nanny says. "I can also scry to detect where exactly they are."

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-11, 04:17 PM
"We may just use the dragon to drop ourselves in on them and beat them before they realize what's going on. Then I can sing a song about our great power and scare the rest of the army. eeing as we defeated their magicians, their morale surerly will drop." Nanny says. "I can also scry to detect where exactly they are."

Zeref nods but looks somewhat dismayed, "Please do that but I warn you that it may not work. They probably have wards against scrying just as they do against teleportation. And dropping into the middle of their army seems somewhat risky. I am not concerned about the giants themselves but they may block our way to the casters who are the actual threat. It is much better to engage them away from the army

Demidos
2012-07-12, 11:06 AM
Sure. I can deal with the giants or the army. Either one. I sincerely hope you can control your spell though Zeref. We wouldnt want to destroy our own army, and that spell is quite volatile. Flutter looks momentarily uneasy. Then he perks up. I guess I can handle the towers. I presume they will be heavily defended. Anyone else want to go on anti-caster duty to keep my hands free? I can teleport us as close as you want to go.

Volthawk
2012-07-12, 11:39 AM
Well, as you saw before we talked with the gods, I can become a small spider. These usually don't gather that much attention, so that should help with infiltration. That form also does not prevent me from manifesting, so although my psionic power tends towards not being direct combat abilities, I can still have a few ways of causing damage. Also, I can pretty easily read minds, so perhaps going in and doing that first will be useful as it means we may learn more about their plans and situation.

Man on Fire
2012-07-12, 12:05 PM
"I want to take the casters, this way we will have good fight and won't shed unnecessary blood." Nanny says, both looking excited as the thought of combat and yet somewhat wanting to avoid needless death.

JKTrickster
2012-07-13, 09:28 PM
Iados smiled as everyone went back and forth, trying to figure out a way to help the army. It was a long time since he had been around such eager, young people. While everyone was trying to actively come up with a plan, Iados was content to sit down and enjoy the scene playing out in front of him.

Taking a deep breath, he leaned back and stretched. "I hardly doubt we should be freaking out over this," he said with a smile. "These people, this army, they aren't useless you know. Let's not pretend they don't exist. Now the balancing factor is the ogres and the spellcasters right? Let's keep things simple. We should keep a group behind to guard the General and the camp. Another group makes a direct attack on the casters."

Turning to Azazel, he smiled. "Let me go first to....soften them up. It'll make things easier, and less people would get hurt, right?"

greenpotato
2012-07-13, 09:32 PM
"I will go with you" Appleleaf adds resolutely.

Man on Fire
2012-07-14, 03:41 AM
"I'm with you. Time to smash!" Nanny yells, excited.

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-14, 12:06 PM
Azazel nods towards Iados,

" I will come with you as well. We should focus on creating a distraction."

Man on Fire
2012-07-14, 12:59 PM
"Oh, before we go, let me see if I can localize those casters." Nanny says, and then stands with her eyes closed and hands joined. And then she starts singing.

"My falcon,
cloud-eyed.
Ask for me
mountains high.
Ask for me
wise forests.
And set me free.

My falcon,
my transcendent.
Ask for me
swift rivers.
Ask for me
plain wildflowers.
And set me free.
My beloved.

How can I ask
stars in Heaven?
Of your drowny
they're jealous.
Of four chests
of your love
and your kindness.
How can I ask
other women?
They'll see
my heart's with you.
And will say no
even if they know.
I will not find you.

My falcon,
thunderlord
ask for me
among the steppes.
Ask for me
fragant flowers.
And set me free.

Through the ashes
of tumuluses.
Through the towns
burned down.
I leep no more.
I ride upfront.
To find you.

My beloved.

How can I ask
Moon in the sky?
He's in love
with your eyes.
Jealous would
enclose the Sun
so I would not find you.
My beloved.
How can I ask
the half-orc
who's suffering
from mad love?
He would rather
burn down the world
Than let you go.

My beloved.
"

It's really odd to see an ogre singing famous ballad of loves being separated by cruel fate, especially ogre singing it and not botching it. Even more odd to see an ogre dressed like her singing it and doing it really good. For an ogre.

Casting Greater Scrying to locate enemy casters

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-14, 07:34 PM
Nanny sees a clouded vision of the towers.

JKTrickster
2012-07-14, 09:41 PM
Stretching, Iados looked at Nanny Grunch and smiled. "So what did you manage to see? Although I am not sure if it will be accurate - those spellcasters may have their defenses up."

Man on Fire
2012-07-15, 03:57 AM
"Only clouded vision of the towers. They may be there, if it's not a trap." Nanny says. "How much time we actually have, before we'll have to go? I can make Heroes' Feast for all of us, it will certainly help."

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-15, 12:37 PM
Azazel tosses a small grin at Iados:

"Time is of the essence my dear, Iados will confirm that."

Man on Fire
2012-07-15, 02:09 PM
"Then scratch that. I'm ready to go."

JKTrickster
2012-07-15, 03:59 PM
Iados smiled and shrugged. "Aww c'mon now. That's not fair. You can't use me as an accurate measure of time! Sometimes, I don't even know what to do with all the time I have left!"

Turning to Nanny Grunch, he smiled. "Okay so first we will need something to get their attention. Those towers look awfully important. So why not we go shake it up a little? I"ll stand back and see where the spellcasters will come from. And then together we bring them down first. Anyone have problems with that idea?"

Demidos
2012-07-17, 11:41 AM
"I'll take the army if the rest of you can handle the towers and the ogres" Flutter says, a playful smirk in his voice. "Or I can try to get the ogres as well, if you guys dont feel up to it."

Man on Fire
2012-07-17, 12:09 PM
"Weren't they giants, not ogres?"

JKTrickster
2012-07-17, 11:22 PM
Shrugging, Iados flew upward above the camp. Looking down below, he tried to detect where the spellcasters were hiding. The scanned the towers that were lined up, ready to take the hill and move towards the camp.

Taking in a deep breath, he started trying to figure out logical positions for the spellcasters. Were they in the towers? Or perhaps they were flying invisibly off to the side? Or were the scattered around the force?

Iados flies high enough to get a good view of the invading force. Then he uses his Arcane Eyes to try to detect any strong traces of magic that might hint where the spellcasters are.

Then he rolls some knowledge checks to see if he can figure the most logical place for the spellcasters to be. Knowledge (History) says it regards wars and tactics so I'll roll with that.

[roll0]

Demidos
2012-07-18, 04:53 PM
Flutter follows Iados´lead cautiously.

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-18, 09:09 PM
Shrugging, Iados flew upward above the camp. Looking down below, he tried to detect where the spellcasters were hiding. The scanned the towers that were lined up, ready to take the hill and move towards the camp.

Taking in a deep breath, he started trying to figure out logical positions for the spellcasters. Were they in the towers? Or perhaps they were flying invisibly off to the side? Or were the scattered around the force?

You can't pinpoint their exact location, but you do see a few massive fireballs being thrown from various locations.

JKTrickster
2012-07-20, 07:04 AM
Looking down, Iados noted that the spellcasters would be rather easy to find. Their obtrusive arcane magic rained down along the armies, giving suggestions to where they were hiding among their own ranks. But he didn't want to mount a direct attack. It would be easier to strike at each of the spellcasters one at a time, but once they moved against one of them, the rest would be sure to follow.

Looking at the array of soldiers battling it out, Iados suddenly realized what he could do. Slowly coming back down, Iados turned to everyone else. "Here I will try to grab the attention of all of the spellcasters. While they are focusing me, attack and eliminate them one by one. With them gone, this battle would be more than over."

Flying back up, Iados flew across the two armies. He held out his right hand, a clockwork blade already forming in it. It looked impossibly heavy, made of grey steel and in the shape of a hand of a clock. It's hilt was cogs and gears, constantly spinning and measuring the time.

Stopping where the two armies met, Iados began casting a spell. Whirling his blade in his hand, he made a decisive cut in mid air. Suddenly a huge behemoth appeared in the sky, facing the opposing army.

Smiling, Iados looked at his handiwork. It was obviously an illusion, but he was sure he had the spellcaster's attention now. With one hand on his hip, he eagerly awaited their arrival.

I cast Silent Image to pretend that I summoned something from thin air. And could I get a rough outline of where everything is? Nothing fancy like a map, but just a rough description would be fine.

Spell List!

Swiftblade

1st: Shield, True Strike x 12

2nd: Bladeweave, Gust of Wind x 12

3rd: Greater Mage Armor, Scimitar of Sand, Anticipate Teleportation, Bands of Steel, Arcana Bolt x8

4th: Dimensional Anchor x2, Resilient Sphere x2, Superior Swiftblade's Speed, Celerity x7

5th: Cyclonic Blast x5, Dispel Magic, Greater x6, - Gave up one slot for Arcane Weapon.

6th: Antimagic Field, Forcecage x4, Reverse Gravity x3, Spiritwall x3, Greater Heroism

7th: Foresight, Mindblank, Howling Chain x2, Augmented Haste (Timestop 3 rounds) x5

Wizard

0th: Prestidigitation x4

1st: Snuff the Light x3, Silent Image x12, Silent Image x11

2nd: Rope Trick, Eyes-In-Time, Detect Thoughts, Sculpted Whirling Blade x12

3rd: Arcane Sight, Battlemagic Perception, Karmic Backlash, Greater Magic Weapon, Sense of the Dragon, Ferocity of Sanguine Rage, Sculpted, Empowered Whirling Blade x8

4th: Heart of Earth, Dispelling Screen x2, Celerity x4, Assay Spell Resistance x4, Greater Mirror Image, Black Tentacles x2

5th: Telekinesis x3, Wall of Stone x6, Refusal, Cloudkill x4

6th: Resistance, Superior, True Seeing, Eye of Stone, Freezing Fog x4, Assay Spell Resistance x4, Dispelling Screen x2, Starmantle

7th: Sculpted Choking Cobwebs x3, Choking Cobwebs, Energy Absorption, Elemental Body, Glass Strike x4, Project Image, Kiss of Draconic Defiance, Bite of the Werebear

8th: Maze x3, Prying Eyes, Greater, Chain Dispel x5, Moment of Prescience, Augmented Slow (Timestop 3 rounds) x3

9th: Maw of Chaos x8, Wish, Shapechange, Visage of the Deity, Greater, Augmented Slow (Timestop 4 rounds) x2

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-25, 09:58 PM
As the ground force approaches the area where they saw the fireballs erupt, They see a few shapes take to the air and fly towards Iados and Flutter. Before you all reach the casters, you see a throng of men standing with weapons drawn, and dozens of dead soldiers laying around their feet. As soon as you get within 50 ft of them you feel strangely disoriented.

Roll Intiative.

JKTrickster
2012-07-25, 10:38 PM
Twirling his blade, Iados smiled as the fireballs erupted to either side of him. It wasn't the bad aim of the spellcasters; it was just such an effortless task for Iados to divert time to dodge them.

Looking up, he saw several shapes take to the skies, ready to come down on them. Holding up his blade, he readied himself for the following onslaught. Already he was bending time to give himself the first advantage. In the battle between spellcasters, only those who went first had a good chance for survival.

Looking back, he saw that there were some people looking to hold up their reinforcements. While he had not accounted for them, he was sure the rest of the group could deal with them.

"Looks like things are getting interesting," he said simply, before the sound of battle overtook him.

greenpotato
2012-07-25, 11:06 PM
[roll0] Initiative

Man on Fire
2012-07-26, 05:25 AM
Initiative [roll0]

Nanny waves at the enemies.
"Hello! We're here to kick your arses. Is this a bad time?"

Avalon®
2012-07-29, 12:13 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Demidos
2012-07-30, 05:29 PM
Flutter cackled, a rather odd sound, admittedly, and twirled in midair. Hello there he called out to the spellcasters, winking as several copies of him appeared and split off from the original.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Inititiative
[roll5]

Making clones on my turn

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-30, 08:18 PM
Iados is first.

JKTrickster
2012-07-31, 01:29 AM
Looking as his new allies were getting ready behind him, Iados gave himself some time to stretch. After all this was going to be his first workout in a very long while. Even with his manipulation over time, handling four experienced spellcasters was no easy task. But then again, what's the fun in things being easy?

Looking at the two armies, Iados realized that they would only get in the way. Flying down onto the floor, Iados raised his hand as a large clock symbol appeared in front of him. Suddenly a huge gust of wind burst forward, knocking the enemy army backwards. Smiling at his handiwork, he once again flew into the air. Holding his sword at the ready, Iados was prepared for anything.

Iados casts Cyclonic Blast on the ground, aimed at disrupting the enemy's front ranks. Then he flies back up to taunt those spellcasters some more :smalltongue:

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-31, 07:53 PM
Iados' Blast doesn't seem to have the desired effect, A few of the soldiers stagger and you see a few dark skinned elves break from their midst to attack the ground force.

As Iados begins to rise above his allies, he is suddenly struck at high speeds, sending him, and his attacker sideways through the air.

Trickster, Make a Grapple check, as you flew back upwards you were football tackled in mid air by a creature that is moving insanely fast through the air. Demidos, it's your turn.

JKTrickster
2012-08-01, 09:36 PM
Did the creature get past my miss chance? :smallconfused:

If so, I have a Freedom of Movement buff on me and the grapple check automatically fails

Iados was surprised at the speed of the attacker; it had been a long time since anyone has been able to get that close to him. Still that meant that there was a potential for this fight to get dangerous. As the attacker tried to grab him, Iados speed himself up. Bending the time around him, Iados easily evaded the grab.

"Oooh that was close," he said as he smiled to the newcomer. "But you just need to be a little faster."

Demidos
2012-08-02, 01:22 PM
Playing with the guardians of Time can be a dangerous endeavor, Flutter says, seemingly unfazed, his eyes glowing yellow and beginning to slit. His form shudders, and seems to grow, but in fact splits apart, revealing many copies of himself.

Edit, urgent need to be elsewhere for the next two hours. Tldr, each copy flies down to the ground and hopefully kills a large amount of enemy mooks.

Lonewolfe208
2012-08-02, 02:41 PM
As Flutter's copies descend on the enemies, they pull away layer after layer of fighters, revealing a pair of identical men, sitting back-to-back with axes that look to be almost 3 sizes too big for each of them to wield, on their laps. The air around these figures glow a violent red.

Man on Fire
2012-08-02, 04:00 PM
"Lets get this party started!" nanny yells and charges at one of the men with the axes, ready to uneash fury of fists from hell.

Pretty much all I said [url=http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13473776&postcount=77]Here[url] again.

Attack rolls for single size increase, if enemy she charges is bigger, +1 to everything:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Damage rolls:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Lonewolfe208
2012-08-02, 09:33 PM
"Lets get this party started!" nanny yells and charges at one of the men with the axes, ready to uneash fury of fists from hell.

Pretty much all I said [url=http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13473776&postcount=77]Here[url] again.

Attack rolls for single size increase, if enemy she charges is bigger, +1 to everything:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Damage rolls:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

The man staggers under your blows.

greenpotato
2012-08-02, 11:49 PM
Appleleaf flys down and swarms around the two axemen, flashes of light spark from the swarm and strike one of the axe men

Move down into the squares that the two axemen occupy and subject them both to a swarm attack for [roll0]
Also hitting the one that nanny attacked with an eldritch glaive [roll1] vs touch and [roll2] damage

Lonewolfe208
2012-08-05, 06:11 PM
Nanny is faced with a menacing howl, as the axeman she struck swings his axe, from a sitting position, at her head.

To hit
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Damage if they hit:
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

JKTrickster
2012-08-06, 10:53 PM
Hmm is that it? Nothing else happens? Okay let's see if I can get their attention...

Looking down, Iados saw that the enemy was beginning their counterattack. Looking around, Iados realized that it was a lot easier to stall for time instead of beating back the forces outright. The longer the battle was, the better it would be for the defending army. And without the giants and the wizards, it would be almost impossible for any of the army to actually get through.

Intentionally provoking the enemy army, Iados hoped to draw their attention away from directly attacking the main camp. Flying overhead, he waved his sword several times in the air. "I'm right here!" he said with a smile.

Lonewolfe208
2012-08-09, 12:59 PM
Masses of arrows and other projectiles fly at Iados, And the winged creature makes another pass at you.

JKTrickster
2012-08-09, 08:07 PM
Uh....rolls? :smallbiggrin:

Lonewolfe208
2012-08-10, 03:59 PM
As Iados puts himself in the line of fire, thousands of arrows fly true in the sky, aimed directly at the time lord. Many miss their mark, but some hit home.
Arrow damage.
[roll0]

Down below, The axemen begin to chant, one begins to glow red, whilst the other glows blue. The red axeman swings his giant blade into the ground, causing a wall of fire to erupt between Nanny and himself.

Nanny, Roll reflex to jump out of the way.

Man on Fire
2012-08-11, 01:49 PM
Reflex Save [roll0]. Also, Orcish Juggernaut has sava against all magical damage (even if they don't allow one), if this attack qualifies, fort save [roll1]

JKTrickster
2012-08-12, 01:27 AM
Thousand of arrows fly through the air, clotting out the sky around Iados. It formed a heavy cloud above him, threatening to fall down and strike him out of the sky. Against any other man this would be a formidable challenge, and even likely to be a fatal death. But Iados isn't dumb nor is he rash; he would never put himself in a precarious situation.

Even as the arrows whizzed past him, Iados didn't move an inch. It seemed like he knew exactly where he should stand in the sky so the arrows would just fly right by him. But even as some of the arrows seemed to find their mark, they would suddenly slow down, slowly disintegrating into dust before they could even reach him. Small concentric white clocks appeared around him as more and more of the arrows dissolved into midair.

Turning around to face his real opponent, Iados smiled. "Now, there's no need to be rash. I'm only here to talk after all. Why don't you tell your leader to remove your troops first as a token of goodwill?"

Lonewolfe208
2012-08-15, 02:56 PM
Reflex Save [roll0]. Also, Orcish Juggernaut has sava against all magical damage (even if they don't allow one), if this attack qualifies, fort save [roll1]

Nanny barely jumps out of the way of the arrows, suffering some minor burns as she moved.

Take 40 points of damage, and Everyone take a round of actions.

Lonewolfe208
2012-08-15, 02:59 PM
Thousand of arrows fly through the air, clotting out the sky around Iados. It formed a heavy cloud above him, threatening to fall down and strike him out of the sky. Against any other man this would be a formidable challenge, and even likely to be a fatal death. But Iados isn't dumb nor is he rash; he would never put himself in a precarious situation.

Even as the arrows whizzed past him, Iados didn't move an inch. It seemed like he knew exactly where he should stand in the sky so the arrows would just fly right by him. But even as some of the arrows seemed to find their mark, they would suddenly slow down, slowly disintegrating into dust before they could even reach him. Small concentric white clocks appeared around him as more and more of the arrows dissolved into midair.

Turning around to face his real opponent, Iados smiled. "Now, there's no need to be rash. I'm only here to talk after all. Why don't you tell your leader to remove your troops first as a token of goodwill?"

The creature, which you can only make out as a giant were-bat with a humanoid body, Hisses, and spits a bowl of acid at you.

Roll Reflex to dodge the acid, and take an action if your save is above 65.

JKTrickster
2012-08-15, 08:06 PM
Iados was ready to act even before the were-bat has spat out the ball of acid. All of a sudden Iados seemed to glow with a glaring light. He moved way too fast for the naked eye to see, leaving afterimages in his place. It seemed like he had suddenly appeared everywhere at once, before the afterimages collapsed together into a single Iados.

Smiling, he twirled his clockwork blade. "You'll have to do much better than that. You're still much, much too slow." Even as Iados was speaking his body was vibrating slightly in place, as if he was too fast to occupy only a single space in time.

Reflex Save to see if I get that action

[roll0]

EDIT: Looks like I get that action :smallamused:

Raising one of his hands, a white glowing clock pulsed outwards toward the were-bat. Suddenly it seemed even slower than before; there was no doubt that it would never be able to deal with Iados now. Even the area around Iados seemed to slow down, as if the whole was mired in a thick morass that stopped it from moving as fast as it should be able to.

Iados uses his action to activate his Slow SLA. The Were-Bat must make a DC 50 Will Save or be Paralyzed. Immunity to Paralysis does not prevent this effect. Also if they fail the save, they are Flat Footed, but immunity against Flat Footed can prevent this effect.

Furthermore, Iados is surrounded in an Aura of Slow (range: 80 feet). Anyone that is not affected by Slow must make a new save in the beginning of their turn, including the Were-bat if it makes its first save.

Man on Fire
2012-08-16, 03:29 PM
Nanny was badly hurt, but it didn't seemed to have really mattered. Her rage seemed to only increase, it that was even possible and to everybody's suprise, as she yelled in fury, her wounds started to close themselves, like the power of her fury wa burning them away.

Heling Anger - reduce duration of the rage by one turn to heal 2d6 points of damage. Used 3 times, so I cannot use it anymore*. [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

* - need to remember to clear the describtion of that ability, the way it is now it doesn't even count as an action. Remind me to do it after the fight so I wont abuse it again.

Furious woman decides to change tactics and tries to grab the axeman who had hurt her by leg, and pull him in the air.

Grapple
Touch attack [roll3]
Grapple check [roll4]

Got Ya! abbility allows me to use opponent I caught in grapple as improvised weapon. To quote:

Got ya!: At fourth level if the orcish juggernaut makes a successful grapple check against a smaller opponent he may use his target as an improvised weapon, taking all usual penalties. To get free the opponent must make successful Escape Artist check or grapple check, choosing higher of the two, against juggernaut’s grapple check, which he may attempt at the beginning of every turn. After every successful attack with this improvised weapon, the opponent suffers damage equal the damage dealt to the attack’s target. If the opponent is dead, after every successful attack make Fortitude save with DC 5 x number of successful attacks used with him as a weapon – if it fails, the body breaks apart and is useless.

If succesfull, Nanny attacks the other axe guy with the one she caught, trying to slam him. Attack rolls with already counting bonuses and -4 penalty

attack rolls:
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Lonewolfe208
2012-08-23, 03:15 PM
Running through the fire, Nanny feels her giant hand close around one of the axemen, emerging in flames, the giant berserker roars in rage.

Demidos
2012-08-23, 05:35 PM
Flutter swoops and turns to help his fellow Timekeeper, speeding up his own personal time so as to counteract the effect used by his friend. Appearing next to the were-bat in a shower of silver, he gestured with his hands, and a stream of translucent daggers flowed from his hands, thunking repeatedly into the were-bat's form.

Sorry 'feathers, but we are the Soldiers of the Gods. You cannot interfere here.

Using Time Shenanigans to grant myself an extra standard action (treated as hasted), using expanded time travel to move 15 feet from the were-bat, full-attacking the werebat

Attacks

[roll1]
[roll2]
Damage (respectively)
[roll]13d6+10d6+33
13d6+10d6+33
13d6+10d6+33

Lonewolfe208
2012-08-29, 10:12 AM
The were-bat falls backwards, tumbling out of the sky before crashing into the ground.

The axeman in nannies grasp struggles to break free from her hand whilst his ally swings his black axe at nanny.

Escape artist check for next round:
[roll0]

To hit with black axe:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage if hit:
[roll3]
[roll4]

Man on Fire
2012-08-29, 11:31 AM
First of all, grapple check opposed to escape artist [roll0]

Nanny roars in pain. As she yells, her body turns into soild steel. Now, as metallic monster, she unleashes her fury on axeman.

Unbreakable War Machine ability - gets all effects of Iron Body (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/ironBody.htm) spell as if casted by somebody of 20th level.

If she's still holding Axeman, she attacks nearest opponents around with him (he takes equal number of damage), attack rolls:

[roll]1d20+42[roll]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Damage rolls - I noticed I should write what dice use to roll improvised damae with this weapon, how about using 2d6 or 2d8? Tell me which sounds better for me and I'll roll.

If guy escaped, Nanny attacks him with Flurry of blows

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

damage rolls
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

JKTrickster
2012-08-30, 03:44 PM
Looking down, Iados frowned as he saw Nanny suddenly turn into a being of steel. While it was an impressive feat, he doubted that it meant she was completely in control of the situation. While he and Flutter had easily taken care of the winged creature, they had accidentally left Nanny all alone. Shaking his head, he reprimanded himself for making such a bad mistake.

"Nanny! Let me help you!" he said as he began twirling his blade. With a shout he swung and let go, sending it flying towards the axemen. The blade magically flew through the air, cutting a swath through the two axemen (even the one Nanny was holding) and any of the surrounding enemies. As it spun around, it flew back into Iados' hands.

Looking outward, he realized that Nanny could be in deep trouble if she didn't retreat soon. He doubted that this was even a fraction of the Ardanians' forces. "Nanny retreat first to get those wounds of yours treated. There are just too many of them. I'll cover you." he said as he dropped to the ground.

Okay so Iados uses both of his Standard Actions to cast an Empowered, Sculpted Whirling Blade. He also uses Full Power Attack on them, taking a -20 penalty for a +40 to damage. That should be fun.

These attacks resolve as Melee Touch Attacks and use my Int instead of Strength to hit so they should hit for a ton. The spell is sculpted to be four ten feet by ten feet sqaures, so they should hit all the enemies surrounding Nanny, including both of the axemen.

Attack rolls
[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2] (if needed for anyone else unlucky enough to be too close)

Damage rolls
[roll3]

[roll4]

[roll5]

And then he uses his move action to fly down to the ground.

JKTrickster
2012-08-31, 11:15 AM
Sorry I missed these rolls

Attack

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

Damage

[roll3]

[roll4]

[roll5]

EDIT:

In case it wasn't obvious, the first Melee Touch Attack and Damage rolls of each post are targeted at the first Axemen. The second set of both posts are targeted at the second Axemen.

The third set is just in case there was anyone within 20-30 ft of Nanny Grunch at the time. That would be for them. Otherwise just ignore it.

Lonewolfe208
2012-09-11, 03:59 PM
The first axeman struggles under your blows, taking a moment to touch something on his arm. You see his wounds begin to disappear.

As for the other axeman, you strike at shadows, and you see him laughing a good 10 feet away from you.

Demidos
2012-09-11, 10:36 PM
The second axeman laughs at Iados, but not for long, as daggers of force suddenly appear from a coldly smiling Flutter, who appears right before him.

"Oops."

Attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Man on Fire
2012-09-12, 01:49 AM
Theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJo_3B5-1uk)

"To hell with this!" Nanny yells and starts swinging around with Axeman in her hands, and then throws him high and far in the air.

I don't even know what kind of roll is for that.

She then picks up a wand from her pocket and throws it to Iados
"Heal me up, pretty please." She says quite nicely for somebody with maniacal grin on her face.

JKTrickster
2012-09-14, 04:48 PM
Iados laughed at Nanny's actions. Watching the axemen fly high into the air, he grinned and twirled the wand in his hand. "No problem I'll get right to it," he said with a smile.

That's probably a strength check of some sort?

I'm guessing its a wand of some kind right? In case I need to

Use Magic Device

[roll0]