PDA

View Full Version : Ioulaum's Longevity [Mathematical Revision]

Arcanist
2012-06-20, 05:33 AM
Preface:
The calculations for this spell printed in Lost Empires of Faerun is wrong, in addition to many other spells printed in the FR books. I find these spells very deceptive for potential epic spellcasters I do plan on doing a revision of the entire Epic spell system due to the system being an outdated relic of 3rd edition and never being completely updated to 3.5 however that is for another day. The math behind this spell has been inaccurate due to incorrect Epic spells rules printed in the original ELH. The main seed for this spell is the Destroy seed, I'm sure you know what that means if you're reading this... Honestly whenever I see Epic Spells i just ignore the preface and go right into the spell... Anywho! Without further ado I present the more mathematically accurate Ioulaum's Longevity

Ioulaum's Longevity (Netherese)

Transmuation
Spellcraft DC: 52
Components: V,S,XP,B
Casting Time: 1 action (Standard action)
Range: 12,000ft
Target: 120-ft. Radius
Duration: Special
Saving Throw: Fortitude Half
Spell Resistance: Yes

To Develop: 468,000gp; 10 days; 18,720xp

Seeds: Destroy (DC 29), Fortify (DC 17). Factors: Change from target to area (+10), Change area to 20-ft. Radius (+2), Increase Area by 600% (+24), 1 action casting (+20). Mitigating Factors: Backlash 10d6 (-10), burn 4,000xp (-40)

This spell deals 20d6 points of damage to every creature within its area. A living target that is reduced to -10 or fewer hit points (Or a constuct, object, or undead that is reduced to o hit points) is utterly destroyed as if disintegrated, leaving behind only a trace of fine dust. This spell also extends the casters current age category by 1 year for every living creature it slays.

The spell's duration is instantaneous, but the age extension is permanent.