PDA

View Full Version : Home brew request (tob)

desero clades
2012-06-20, 01:09 PM
I'm wondering if someone would so kind as to make hitten mitserugi (from Ruroni Kenshin) a discipline. I'm not that great with ToB but I have a player that wants to use it. I was thinking having it based movement and speed?
Thanks in advance

The-Mage-King
2012-06-20, 01:12 PM
Honestly? You can replicate it with Diamond Mind and Iron Heart. They both fit, and have the bastard sword Katana as a discipline weapon. Just do some initiative and land speed optimization, and it's done.

But if someone decides to make this, I'll probably take a look at it.

Xefas
2012-06-20, 01:36 PM
"Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū -

-Ryūtsuisen" : Claw at the Moon (Tiger Claw)
-Ryūkansen" : Counter Charge (Setting Sun) + Rapid Counter (Diamond Mind)
-Ryūshōsen" : Dazing Strike (Iron Heart)
-Ryūsōsen" : Avalanche of Blades (Diamond Mind)
-Doryūsen" : Lightning Throw (Iron Heart)
-Sōryūsen" : Lightning Recovery (Iron Heart)
-Kuzuryūsen" : Feral Death Blow (Tiger Claw)
-Hiten Mugen Zan" : Strike of Perfect Clarity (Iron Heart)

A lot of these could be tweaked and shifted around, and have a few filler moves added (there are some things that Kenshin does that can be maneuvers, but aren't stated as a special technique of his, such as Diamond Mind's "Moment of Alacrity"), to create a new discipline (for one, the last two could be weakened to 8th level maneuvers, so you could have the Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki be the 9th level maneuver).

desero clades
2012-06-20, 03:55 PM
I looked those up and they really do match his attacks! Thanks!
As far as 9th level maneuvers go, how strong should they be when comparing them to like spells? Are they like 6/7th level spells roughly?

The-Mage-King
2012-06-20, 04:04 PM
Just about, usually.

desero clades
2012-06-20, 06:48 PM
I looked at level 9 maneuvers and I think they were all strikes. Would it be okay to have it as a counter to make it useable as an immediate action?

The-Mage-King
2012-06-20, 06:53 PM
Probably. Might lower it's power a little, to make up for that. Or have it consume the Standard for the next turn, as well as the swift.

Kyuu Himura
2012-06-22, 08:05 PM
Ama Kakeru Ryuu no Hirameki = Stormguard Warrior + Diamond Nightmare Blade