PDA

View Full Version : Awww Yeah, New Keyboard!

Amridell
2012-06-21, 12:46 PM
I just got the Razer Black Widow keyboard, and i must say, I am impressed. I'm not into writing reviews, but I would say it is a great keyboard. I wondered if anyone else on these forums has any experience, or opinions on these.

On a side note, it's been ages since I last posted here.

Morph Bark
2012-06-21, 01:40 PM
Now the only thing left is to make it twice as awesome by turning it into a keytar. :smalltongue:

Siosilvar
2012-06-21, 06:09 PM
Hmm. I must say, I don't see the draw for gaming equipment. I play PC games, even shooters, but I do well enough with my trackball and wireless keyboard setup.

It does look cool, though.

Amridell
2012-06-21, 09:45 PM
Hmm. I must say, I don't see the draw for gaming equipment. I play PC games, even shooters, but I do well enough with my trackball and wireless keyboard setup.

I play RTS games, and those require you to have really fast hands, at the keyboard and the mouse. Thus the gaming keyboard.

Joran
2012-06-22, 01:03 PM
I just got the Razer Black Widow keyboard, and i must say, I am impressed. I'm not into writing reviews, but I would say it is a great keyboard. I wondered if anyone else on these forums has any experience, or opinions on these.

On a side note, it's been ages since I last posted here.

I have an Ultimate Black Widow Stealth, it's quite awesome. It's the back-lit, quieter version of your keyboard.

I sadly, don't use any of the macro functions, but it's a joy to game and type on.

It's a preference thing. Mechanical keyboards have a crisp, tactile feel, meaning there is some feedback when the key actuates. Also, mechanical keyboards tend to register at the halfway point, so it'll improve your reaction time. The keyboards also last longer and don't wear out so easily.

It also costs an arm and a leg, I think my keyboard cost me more money than my graphics card!

Amridell
2012-06-22, 06:12 PM
I have an Ultimate Black Widow Stealth, it's quite awesome. It's the back-lit, quieter version of your keyboard.

I sadly, don't use any of the macro functions, but it's a joy to game and type on.

It's a preference thing. Mechanical keyboards have a crisp, tactile feel, meaning there is some feedback when the key actuates. Also, mechanical keyboards tend to register at the halfway point, so it'll improve your reaction time. The keyboards also last longer and don't wear out so easily.

It also costs an arm and a leg, I think my keyboard cost me more money than my graphics card!

Heh, that's quite the pocket you have there. And back lights are great.

GeekGirl
2012-06-25, 01:04 PM
Personally the big draw with gaming keyboards and mice, is quality. The spring under the keyboards tend to last longer and hold their firmness better than other keyboard.

Joran
2012-06-26, 02:49 PM
Personally the big draw with gaming keyboards and mice, is quality. The spring under the keyboards tend to last longer and hold their firmness better than other keyboard.

This is true of mechanical keyboards. Some gaming keyboards are just regular keyboards with a display and macro programs; they use the same rubber dome keys that a regular keyboard does.

I paid the absolute bottom dollar for my home keyboard before and my god, it was a squishy, terrible mess. The WASD keys stopped registering after a year.

Heh, that's quite the pocket you have there. And back lights are great.

I play in the dark, since my wife sleeps in the same room as I game.

P.S. The only way I give up my Logitech G7 (no longer in production QQ) is if you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

dehro
2012-06-27, 11:31 AM
the names of the keyboards in this thread remind me of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cwYh3Qb4rc&feature=relmfu) clip.. take it from 01:00..and you'll see why.

Joran
2012-06-27, 03:31 PM
the names of the keyboards in this thread remind me of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cwYh3Qb4rc&feature=relmfu) clip.. take it from 01:00..and you'll see why.

Black Widow Ultimate Stealth Edition (WITH A NINJA ON THE BOX)... Yup, the target audience is definitely male ;)