PDA

View Full Version : Äventyr, the Primordial Realms

RecoveringGamer
2012-06-22, 08:36 PM
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247149)

The party finds itself in the midst of an ancient ruin, dripping foul-smelling water from the broken flagstones beneath the swamp that serves at its tomb. After resting for the night, they are just about ready to explore the heart of the ruins, rumoured to contain ancient magic and treasure.

The camp is in a small, square room with a shallow pool of murky water in the corner, creepers penetrating the opposite wall, and two exits on either side.

razorback
2012-06-22, 09:22 PM
After Zurlkerg woke from his rest, he sat in meditation for about 15 minutes, focusing his mind on the coming day. Rising forward in a swift motion, he drew his falchion as he rose from his side, spinning it overhead as he began his in an arc that would cut his opponent from left shoulder to right hip, and used the momentum to spin counterclockwise into another slashing attack that would cut the same opponent from left hip to right shoulder. He continued working on his forms, his allies only hearing the nearly silent shuffle of his feat and a faint whistling as Kel'kzik, his prized falchion, split the every air itself.
As a faint sheen of sweat coated his body, he finished with a feint that ended in a butt-strike and a decapitating blow. Holding Kel'kzik cradled in his left arm, he turned to bow to an imaginary master, then walked over to see how his comrades were preparing.
Sitting down, he opened his pack and pulled out a bit of jerked meat of some beast of dubious origin. Taking a pull of water from his skin, he looked at the 4 humans that made up the rest of their little adventuring party, more than a bit impressed that the humans could see past his non-human origins and recognize the his skills and talents for what they were: an asset to their venture.
"Ready to begin the day?" he asked, a bit more gruffly than he anticipated as he was trying to be a bit more... sensitive to human tastes.

Doxkid
2012-06-23, 05:57 AM
It is impossible to tell how long Atomsk has been awake, as he has barely changed positions since he lay down directly on the ruin’s floor to sleep. At first glance, he seems to be praying; a closer look reveals that he is actually studying from a small physician’s manual, his eyes dancing across the leather bound booklet’s tiny pages.

When Zurlkerg speaks Atomsk gives a slight start and quickly tucks his book under his armor, before rising to a proper sitting position.

“It is amazing how aggressive the plants around here are.” He mutters to himself, looking straight though his companions. After a moment, he extends a foot of the vine in his left arm and looks it over, comparing it to the ones growing along the wall. Tobias, jostled away Atomsk’s change in positions, darts up the inside of his sleeve and settles in the rat nest Atomsk calls hair.

“My vines aren’t nearly as spectacular. Perhaps I should get a sample…” He pauses, then sighs wistfully. “Very well, Paradox.I will toy with the flora later. For now, it is our duty to examine whatever beasts we can find around here.”

Though Atomsk hasn’t actually acknowledged anyone else in the group yet, Tobias does a simple dance for each companion as a silent greeting. This is probably as alert as Atomsk will get this morning.

pktt
2012-06-23, 06:02 PM
Don wakes from the talons of his owl scratching at the ground near his head. He sits up and begins his daily meditation, reflecting on what his elders had taught him. Drawing an arrow from his quiver, he uses its tip to write jumbled phrases of a few words at a time into the dust and dirt of the ground, as if taking notes.

Partway through his reflection, he notices Zurlkerg swinging his weapon, and sometime later, the small winged rat dancing near him. Don pauses to make sure his owl isn't trying to make a meal out of the thing, then takes a few more minutes to finish his routine. He stows his arrow, stands up, and rubs the last bits of sleep out of his eyes. He finishes by dusting himself off and tugging at his clothes.
"Yeah, I'm ready," he grumbles, "This is about as ready as I can get."

Drako_Beoulve
2012-06-26, 12:44 AM
Angela's looked like she was meditating rather than sleeping. She open her eyes looking at the sorroundings and her partners. She took some rations from her sack and stuffed it into her mouth, also took a coup with water and drink from it, then she put into her sack is belongings.

She stands up and with an agile movement draws her daggers and starts to practicing with her shadow some combat movements at the time she say to his partners: "Any time"

Aeryr
2012-06-27, 04:07 AM
Greene toke a bite of the dark and salty meat. It was hard to shallow but he kept it in his mouth tossing it around with his tongue while enjoying the salty taste. The rations were not great, but they were familiar. Before standing up he looks at everyone around him, his face with a note of melancholy and a tight smile.

-Let's go then.

He hoped to find something to do at those ruins, and if possible not to get any of the expedition members killed on their way.

razorback
2012-06-27, 09:35 AM
"Which door?"

I'm assuming neither is the door we came in.

"Do we choose or let fate decide?" Before anyone can answer, he points to one door [more northern or western of the two] and says "Heads" and then points to the other door [the more southern or eastern] and says "Tails" as he retrieves a coin from his pouch and tosses it in the air.

1 heads or 2 tails
[roll0]

RecoveringGamer
2012-06-27, 08:19 PM
You're still on the material plane. One door is the one y'all are assumed to have come from the previous night.

razorback
2012-06-28, 09:22 AM
Zurlkerg walks up to the door, motion the rest of the group to follow as he inspects the door and listens to for a moment.

Search
[roll0]

Listen
[roll1]

RecoveringGamer
2012-06-28, 10:15 AM
The door checks out, doesn't seem to have any traps. It is old and rotting wooden affair, with a thin layer of wood disintegrated from the moisture of the ruins. Likewise, you can't hear anything but the omnipresent sound of dripping water.

Aeryr
2012-06-28, 10:46 AM
Greene approaches the door with a tight nod to the man checking it and a glance to the rest of the expedition.

-Be ready.

He reaches for his long chain sickle and caresses the metal with carefulness setting the weapon ready in case it is needed.

remember everyone that Greene at the moment grants:
+2 morale to will saves
+4 morale to will saves against fear
+5 to dex checks and dex based skill checks (initiative included)
+5' of movement speed

razorback
2012-06-28, 02:45 PM
-Be ready.

Kerg grunts at Greene that could be taken a few different ways as he pushes the door open and, Kel'kzik cradled in his left arm, proceeds to move through the doorway.

"Light?" he says to no one in particular.

<"I hope they can be silent enough not to wake whatever might live down here"> he thinks to himself as his Xicthic training snaps into effect without any conscious thought.

Hide
[roll0]
Listen
[roll1]
Move Silent
[roll2]
Spot
[roll3]

Moving half speed in front of the rest of the group about 20 feet. Trying not to grunt.

Doxkid
2012-06-28, 06:13 PM
Greene approaches the door...

Kerg...proceeds to move through the doorway.

It takes a few seconds for Atomsk to realize the group is moving on. Once Tobias gets him going, though, he actually seems excited as he takes a position in the back of the group with his familiar still atop his head.

Smiling brightly, he allows magic to suffuse his arms and then rips his left hand away from its wrist. Though this would normally be a gruesome injury, neither the stump nor the removed extremity bleed and Atomsk does not display the slightest hint of discomfort. In fact, the large grin he is wearing stretches just the slightest bit.

Atomsk uses his Disembodied Hand Invocation to detach his left hand safely, then carries the hand instead of directing it to move on its own.

“Remember,” He says to no one in particular,”…any beings we find are more useful alive than dead.”

pktt
2012-06-28, 09:30 PM
Don follows Kerg and Greene as they proceed forward, drawing his bow and loosely readying an arrow as he falls in behind them.

He winces slightly when he notices that Atomsk is carrying his own severed hand. A strange trick, he remarked to himself, but probably pretty standard as far as most magic went.

As he moves forward, Don strains his senses to try and detect dangers, and makes an effort to move lightly.

Rolls if relevant:

Spot: 1d20+13
Listen: 1d20+11

Hide: 1d20+11
Move Silently: 1d20+11

Edit: Previewed by accident, rolls got shot.
Edit 2: Okay, rolls apparently aren't working for me right now so I'll leave these here and put them in the OOC thread instead, but only if they're called for.

RecoveringGamer
2012-06-29, 06:27 PM
The door opens with a fight; the steel hinges aren't completely stuck, but they give a metallic protest as the caked rust gives way. What appears on the other side of the portal is a broken and cracked flagstone stairway leading downwards, deeper into the bowels of the ruin. Moisture runs down the slanted ceiling and fungal moss coats the walls.

The stairs descend at least 200 feet before ending in an open archway. Beyond the archway lies a gargantuan chamber, lit with an eerie, omnipresent purple glow that seemingly has no source. The humidity and moisture ends with the stairs, as does the broken stone. The square chamber is at least 60ft across in every dimension, and the ceiling comes together in a pyramid-like fashion. On the opposite wall there stands an impressive statue to some unknown and forgotten diety, it depicts a giant eyeball crafted from a strange rock that shimmers in multiple hues as light is cast on it. The statue also seems to defy gravity, floating free of the wall. In front of the statue there is a raised, circular platform of the same stone, with a radius of ten feet, floating half a foot above the floor.

In each corner of the chamber there is an identical doorway, save that each has a different-coloured gemstone embedded in the wall high above. In a clockwise fashion they are green, blue, white, and red. The chamber is otherwise unadorned.

razorback
2012-06-30, 11:32 AM
Kerg looks back at the others and says "I don't remember anything about this, do you guys?" as he moves towards the right of the opening and begins to circle the room in a counterclockwise fashion.

"At least that thing not be an Eye Tyrant."

Stopping before the red stone, his eyes are mesmerized by the gemstone. He can feel the pulsing in his veins as the purple background light seems to fade away.
Snapping back, he looks at the others.
He points to each of the gemstones in turn and says "What do you make of these?" eyes lingering on the magic users in particular.
" 'Suppose you're going to say removing them is a bad idea?"

pktt
2012-06-30, 12:41 PM
"It beats me, but at any rate we probably shouldn't start throwing rocks at anything."

Don estimates the distance and angle to the floating eyeball.

"Tempting as it may be."

He crouches to look under the platform, stands up and waves an arm over it, then crouches back down to examine the surface of the disk.

"Unless someone tells me why it's a bad idea, I think we should drop some dirt or something on this thing, at least before any of us touch it."

Doxkid
2012-06-30, 02:02 PM
Atomsk has effectively been doing the potty dance from the moment the giant eye became visible, bouncing from foot to foot in excitement few have probably ever seen a fully grown man display. In fact, the only thing stopping him from rushing across the room directly to it is Tobias who has moved so he is now standing on top of Paradox.
”Come on, please let me touch it! Please! At least let me get closer for a better view!”
Tobias sinks his claws into Paradox and angrily chitters away in a language only Atomsk understands.
”I know there are usually traps at places like this, but…No, that wouldn’t count as desecrating it! …Well yes, we need to be alive to learn more, so…but…but…Hey, that’s not fair Paradox! He’s threatening you; why aren’t you on my side?”
-Silence-
”So be it, Paradox. No one ever gets the anatomy of giant statues dedicated to ideals or gods correct anyway…right? Right guys?
For once he actually looks to his companions as fellow beings, only to meet Kerg’s expectant gaze. Knowing he was taken on as a mage despite being focused in other ways, Atomsk resigns himself to aiding his allies. After walking as close to the center of the room as he can approximate, Atomsk opens his eyes to magic and looks around the room slowly.
Atomsk activates his Detect Magic warlock ability andlooks around the room. If uninterrupted he will spend three rounds looking at each corner of the chamber, and then three more looking at the statue and platform.
If/When his eyes land upon the statue a tear comes to his own eye. Accurately sculpted or not, the giant eye is a beautiful and inspiring thing to him.

RecoveringGamer
2012-06-30, 03:57 PM
The entire room reads as nonmagical, even the floating stone platform and statue.

Doxkid
2012-06-30, 06:01 PM
”Strange. Nothing here is magical; not anymore, at least. Or perhaps I merely can’t detect anything, but…” The infatuation he displayed for the Eye has warped to distrust; Atomsk almost sounds angry that that it is somehow deceiving him.

”Yes, Paradox. You’re right. If it offers nothing for us to learn, it might as well not exist at all...”

pktt
2012-07-02, 01:23 AM
"Well that doesn't seem right."
"Not that I think you're wrong, but..."
He flails his hands toward the quite plainly airborne stones.
"Really? Floating rocks that aren't magic?"
He pauses and lightly scratches the top of his head.
"We probably shouldn't destroy anything yet, though. Something might change after we've had a look around the other rooms. We may as well just pick one and go with it. How about green?"

razorback
2012-07-02, 07:30 AM
The fire of the red gemstone burns in Zurlkerg's eyes. He blinks a couple of times and then turns back to the group.

"I think we are going to look through all four, so green is a good a start as any" he says.

Drako_Beoulve
2012-07-02, 09:08 PM
Angela suddenly appear on the room.

Sorry to be late, I was checking someting back there...by the way I choose to go red.

Amazed at the floating statue she stares a it.

...that's an interesting material, wonder if we can have piece...maybe it could be useful later

At the time she turn to look her partners for an aprovement she readied her body to execute a Mountain Hammer maneuver against the floating thing to grab a small piece of it.

Aeryr
2012-07-03, 12:49 PM
Greene raises his hand asking for a moment of introspection before disturbing the stone. He tilts his other hand reading his whip again letting it fall to the ground while pressing his eyes shut. The stone might not be magical, but it certainly seems useful. How far would it float if left untended? Maybe it will rise up to the sky? Would vehicles made of that stone rise up carrying passengers? Flying ships seemed possible, and the economic implications of all that might in fact turn them into rich people. But that stone if it really existed should have been discovered before maybe something was evading him. Whatever the case it might be just a simple trick.

knowledge (arcana) on the stone [roll0], knowledge (history) [roll1], knowledge (architecture & engineering) [roll2] (both history and architecture are untrained)

RecoveringGamer
2012-07-03, 02:02 PM
You never heard of anything like this stone before. It is entirely possible that this substance is not native to the material plane.

Doxkid
2012-07-03, 02:17 PM
"Do as you wish, but leave the eye to me. If we do can find a proper explanation, it would make a glorious souvenir. If not, I will be right beside you as you destroy it." Tobias remains perched on Paradox, reaffirming that Atomsk isnt even allowed to touch it yet.

razorback
2012-07-03, 02:47 PM
If not, I will be right beside you as you destroy it."

At these words, Kerg stops what he is doing, a look of shock on his face.
He steps a little away from the rest of the group and keeps an eye on them.
"Do what you will" he says, concern obvious "but that plan seems a bit like... madness, to me."

pktt
2012-07-04, 01:40 AM
"Our explanation likely awaits in another room. Destroying it right now could be dangerous. For all we know about the thing, it could explode in our faces or turn into zombies. "

"I really hope it's not zombies."

Don ponders the exits of the room, then beckons his wandering owl back to his shoulder as he approaches the red doorway and plants one hand against its frame.

"I don't really care where we go first, but someone seemed to prefer red. Anyway, what say we look around some more before we start breaking ancient things that may or may not be explosive?

Drako_Beoulve
2012-07-04, 08:37 PM
Angela relaxed is position...

I have a better idea: When we finished this place we can took the whole thing for further analysis!

razorback
2012-07-05, 05:42 PM
I have a better idea: When we finished this place we can took the whole thing for further analysis!

Kerg, arches an eyebrow. Playing with one of his overlarge teeth, noticing that it has a small chip in it from biting... something, he looks at the others.

"Red or green matters little to me."

As he starts to walk towards the red door, looking for traps or noise, he says over his shoulder "Just so the rest of you know, my preference is not to become a zombie, if I have any say in the matter..."

Search
[roll0]
Listen
[roll1]

RecoveringGamer
2012-07-06, 02:46 AM
You can't find any traps, and no sound comes from the other side of the door.

razorback
2012-07-06, 01:18 PM
Kerg, not detecting anything, grabs the handle on the door and tries it, hoping not to become a zombie, and looks to see what he can see once the door is open.

RecoveringGamer
2012-07-07, 02:28 AM
Beyond the door is a long, straight corridor. Lining the walls on either side are carvings of flame motifs. The corridor definitely feels warmer the further you progress. It ends in a door made entirely of metal, latch and all. The door has fire motifs carved into it of two horizontal lines of flame, one atop the other.

razorback
2012-07-07, 07:01 AM
As Kerg reaches the far end of the hallway, he studies the artwork on the door for a moment, the looks over his shoulder as he says "Do any of you recognize this?"

pktt
2012-07-07, 06:13 PM
Don looks around the hall, and at the door.

"I don't recognize anything specifically, but I'd say we're probably going to find a fire, or something that is on fire."

He gives the two rows of flames a second look.

"In fact. I wouldn't be too surprised if we found fire that was also on fire. That door is also most likely going to be hot to touch."

He holds the back of his hand close to the door to check.

RecoveringGamer
2012-07-07, 06:54 PM
The door is definitely warm to the touch, but it isn't hot enough to burn you.

razorback
2012-07-08, 09:50 AM
Kerg smiles a toothy smile at the mention of flames.

"Unless anyone doesn't want to go this way..." and, without waiting for an answer, he begins to open the door, the heat bringing a calming effect to the warrior.

Aeryr
2012-07-09, 09:07 AM
RL got in the way. Should I roll a knowledge roll? It will probably be unknown to Greene anyway.

Greene approaches the door an caresses it with his hand, it is certainly warm. It is quite surprising. It has the heat of a metal that has been close to a forge or perhaps the warmness of some scrap forgotten under the summer sun. What could remain behind the door?

-Be careful with that. - He whispers. - Maybe there is someone behind the door who is not really happy to see us. - He then walks back a couple steps, leaving room for the picklocking.

razorback
2012-07-10, 08:00 AM
Kerg smiles a wicked smiles and, contrary to his actions, whispers back "I'm always careful." as he opens the door.

Doxkid
2012-07-10, 01:33 PM
It's never rooms filled with perfectly preserved oddities of physique in ancient temples, is it? No...it just HAS to be a room made of fire and hate. He sighs as dramatically as someone trying to be quiet possibly could.

Well, let's go. Maybe we'll find that splendid Eye Tyrant I heard so much about earlier.

RecoveringGamer
2012-07-10, 05:01 PM
Evidently Kerg wasn't careful enough, as when he lifts the latch to the door a small explosion of flames bursts from the door, singing him.

OOCKerg, make a reflex save. You take [roll0] fire damage, or half if your reflex save scores 16 or higher

razorback
2012-07-10, 05:27 PM
Reflex save
[roll0]
5 fire resistance(fire hobgoblin)

As the latch lifts up, Kerg feels the blast of hot flame begin to erupt. While his able to able to jump out of the way of most of the blast, the flame does manage to hit him but his innate resistance to fire protects him from the rest, if just barely.

As he makes sure that none of his clothing is still smoldering, he looks at Greene and says "Not a peep out of you." Checking himeself one last time, he pushes the door open and looks back at Greene.
"Of course, you know this means that you get to open the green door, right?"

RecoveringGamer
2012-07-10, 07:17 PM
The room revealed is square, 50ft wide and 50ft long, with a ceiling 20ft high. It is bare, except for on the wall directly across from you where there is a lever in the wall. Above that lever is a red crystal much like the one above the doorway you initially entered. The room is warm and smells of ashes, though there are none to be seen.

pktt
2012-07-11, 02:07 PM
"On the bright side, we only had to deal with fire and not super-fire."

He ponders the lever and gem for a moment.

"We'll probably have to pull the lever sooner or later, but before that, can we get word on whether or not that floating red thing is magic?"

razorback
2012-07-11, 02:08 PM
Kerg growls a bit as he enters the room, keeping an eye out for any further traps. After a look around, he casts a baleful glare at the lever and mutters to himself "Trick me once..."

Search
[roll0]
Spot
[roll1]

As he completes his circuit, he looks back at the others, scratching his chin as he brushes off any remaining singed hairs from the incident with the door.

"So, who gets to play the fool with this one?"

Doxkid
2012-07-11, 02:39 PM
[COLOR="Sienna"]"... can we get word on whether or not that floating red thing is magic?"

"It is probably just as magical as that accursed giant flaoting eye we just passed. And that silly platform." Grudgingly, Atomsk gives the room a once over, focusing a bit longer on the crystal, his eyes reopened to the flow of magic
Atomsk once again uses Detect Magic to scan the room and the crystal, not expecting much this time.
"I had hoped my job would be onsite-physician with minor magical inclination; not a malfunctioning magic detector in a temple devoted to screwing with me. Shall I just search for magic continuously, so I could be wrong at a nice steady pace of 'All the time'?

RecoveringGamer
2012-07-11, 04:49 PM
The lever doesn't seem trapped. The crystal is nonmagical.

Doxkid
2012-07-11, 05:46 PM
"Just as expected; not a hint of magic to this place." He releases the magic upon his eyes.

"I will admit I am somewhat curious about that. Perhaps if someone were to pull that lever..." Atomsk gives Don, Kerg and Angela each an expectant look. "Do not worry. I will take anyone here being turned into an undead as a personal offense of the highest order. You are all under my care, after all."

razorback
2012-07-11, 06:50 PM
Well, Master magic det... I mean, physician, I can find no mundane traps. If you can detect nothing magical, then let us proceed?"
With that, Kerg readies himself to spring and pulls the lever.

RecoveringGamer
2012-07-11, 08:55 PM
Initiative rolls, everyone.
When the lever is pulled down, it clicks and locks in place. The red crystal above it lights up, spilling red colours into the room. Twenty feet behind you, a continuous wall of fire springs up from the floor, reaching all the way to the ceiling. Ten feet behind it, another wall appears. Finally, in the space between the walls, two beings of pure fire about 8ft tall materialize, and they don't look friendly. When the appear, the door to the room slams shut and locks; it seems like there is no running from this fight.

Doxkid
2012-07-11, 10:35 PM
Atomsk rolls for initiaitve: [roll0]
"Hmm. That isn't good. Those look like...like..." His right hand goes straight to Paradox as he thinks, trying to remember anything relevant about the two beings before him.
Knowledge planes check: [roll]1d20+6

RecoveringGamer
2012-07-12, 03:36 AM
Paradox sparks your memory, and with its help you're fairly certain that the beings before you are Fire Elementals. You remember that they are beings of fire, so flames won't hurt them, but cold energy will hit them especially hard. Also, beings this large are usually very mobile and will use that to their advantage.

Doxkid
2012-07-12, 03:28 PM
"...like Fire elementals. Never particularly liked them...they hardly have anything to study or work with. Especially summoned ones."

He thinks for a moment. "If, by any chance, these don't vanish after we slay them, could you lot help me store their 'corpses'? What little material they do have to their bodies would make for great research."

pktt
2012-07-13, 01:12 AM
Check OOC for roll (12).

Don reaches for his bow as he prepares for the fight.
"Somehow, I was expecting fire. Although, all things considered, we could have run into worse."

Drako_Beoulve
2012-07-14, 10:29 PM
When things in a room starts to move on it's own it's time to pull out the tricks!

Angela draws her daggers in a fraction of a second

Initiative: [roll0]

RecoveringGamer
2012-07-18, 02:10 AM
Enemy initiatives:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Doxkid
2012-07-20, 04:55 AM
Atomsk, after milling about thinking of how he could use an Elemental's body in his experiments, fires off an Eldritch blast at the elemental to (from his perspective) the right.

As he launches his attack, his detached left hand grabs onto Kerg's back.
[roll0] [roll1]

pktt
2012-07-23, 12:09 PM
Don tumbles backward as he reaches for his arrows. Once he's put a good distance between himself and the elementals, he nocks two arrows, points them both at the nearest enemy, and lets fly.

Don is tumbling backwards and sideways 20 feet (to avoid AoO), then using Greater Manyshot to fire 2 arrows. He wants to make sure to stay within 30 feet of a target.

Attack Roll 1:
[roll0]
Base Damage 1 (Favored Enemy: Elemental):
[roll1]
Skirmish Damage 1:
[roll2]

Attack Roll 2:
[roll3]
Base Damage 2:
[roll4]
Skirmish Damage 2:
[roll5]

Don's AC becomes 19 until his next turn.

Skirmish is 4d6+2 due to Improved Skirmish (+2d6) and Skirmisher's Boots (+2)

Also, some of the attack routines on my character sheet were recorded incorrectly, so I had to fix that up.

Edit:
It looks like my first shot was a nat 20, so crit threat. rolling for that:
Nix that, Elementals.

RecoveringGamer
2012-07-25, 05:16 PM
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj291/Snyperkyd/fireroom1.png
(Coloured blotches translate to your character via the colour of their speech. Note that I included horribly-drawn coordinates so if you want to reference squares to target or move into you can reference them.)

The elementals spring into action, quick like fire itself. They bound forward, swipe at Angela and Atomsk, then retreat behind the walls of fire. It may just be the roiling flames, but it is possible that the elementals just gave a rumbling laugh as they retreat.

Elemental 1 vs. Angela

Attack roll
[roll0]
Damage roll
[roll1] plus [roll2] fire

Elemental 2 vs. Atomsk

Attack roll
[roll3]
Damage roll
[roll4] plus [roll5] fire

Anyone hit must make a DC17 reflex save or catch on fire

pktt
2012-07-26, 03:34 PM
Don frowns. He can't shoot at something that he can't see. He instead runs to his left and pulls his bow, preparing to shoot at the next thing he sees.

Moving to (8, 10) for 20 foot move, readying action to Greater Manyshot at the first Fire Elemental to move past the walls; I'm assuming that I can't exactly target things made of fire through a wall of fire.

Also, the majority of our chunk of the room should be within 30 feet of where I'll be standing.

I had rolls in the last post, but I'm assuming that a re-roll would be preferable.

Also, I made another mistake in the last post; Point-blank shot should be boosting the +3 to +4 on damage (Point-Blank Shot, Weapon Enhancement, Favored Enemy)

Attack Roll 1:
[roll0]
Base Damage 1 (Favored Enemy: Elemental):
[roll1]
Skirmish Damage 1:
[roll2]

Attack Roll 2:
[roll3]
Base Damage 2 (Favored Enemy: Elemental):
[roll4]
Skirmish Damage 2:
[roll5]

Don's AC becomes 19 until his next turn.

razorback
2012-07-26, 04:59 PM
How tall is the wall of fire?

Kerg, seeing the elementals in action, knows he can't hope to keep up with their literallly blazing speed.
He moves forward and positions himself in from of Angela, preparing to attack the first one to move near him.

Zurlkerg
Male Lawful Neutral Fire Hobgoblin Warblade7/Rogue 6
Ini +7 HP 62/62 Speed 30
AC 18 Touch 14 Flat-footed 18; Current AC:16
Fort +7 Ref +12 Will +1
Base Attack Bonus +7/+2
Falchion +1, Keen +11/+6 (2d4+4+1d6, 15-20/x2~+8 to confirm[Battle Ardor & Power Critical] and 3d6 sneak attack [Telling Blow] on critical hits )
3d6 sneak attack vs. flat-footed, flanked, or opponents denied dex to AC
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 8, Cha 6
Condition: None
Stance~ Punishing Stance (attack deals +1d6 damage, -2 to AC
Manuevers Readied[+ = readied, x = expended]~ Moment of Perfect Mind (+), Wall of Blades (+), Iron Heart Surge (+), Claw at the Moon (+)

Action
Move to a position in front of Angela and ready a charge at the first elemental to move in front of the wall of fire.

Edit:Just realized the my IRL character sheet a maneuver and stance didn't match my MW sheet; changed to match MW (SNB above changed to CatM & SoC changed to Pstance))

razorback
2012-07-26, 05:08 PM
To see my last post, for some reason it doesn't show.

Drako_Beoulve
2012-08-02, 07:27 PM
Angela dodged the fire that almost catches her.

Remember me not to choose red next time...

Turn:

Knowledge Devotion (Arcana): [roll0] = +2 to Attack And Damage versus Elementals
Swift Action: Cloak of Deception
Move Action: Move to 3,10

Angela Disappears while moving out from her starting place.

Doxkid
2012-08-02, 07:49 PM
Atomsk mills about, considering the possible uses for the fires of these elementals. He barely notices an elemental trying and failing to strike him; in fact, it probably missed because he failed to move at all.

When he finally gets his head in the fight, Atomsk waits until he sees an elemental appear from behind the walls before firing an Eldritch blast at it.

*Not sure whether I am to use the old rolls or get new ones, so I'll roll again JIC.

[roll0]
[roll1]