PDA

View Full Version : [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Irish Musician
2012-06-23, 02:52 PM
Map of the land:
Map (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8372/8460762651_a3cb4f36c7_k.jpg)

It has been 70 years since the goddess, Mystra, was slain and her grip on magic was let go, releasing the chaos that is magic onto the world and the planes. Since then, the material plane has been tossed into chaos and the world has become an apocalyptic forest-land, full of changed plants and arcane infused animals. The kingdoms that once were are all gone now, and their people have scattered. Within this turmoil, 5 Ancient Dragons took it upon themselves to create order in this time of chaos. You see, now that magic was released, it changed this, but also infused other things with even more power. Being creatures that are based in magic, the Dragons expected to be stripped of much of their strength. However, the magic had the opposite effect that the dragons thought it would, and they actually got more powerful and more infused with arcane power. Even all the younger dragons and some Dragonborn were strengthened by this. And people flocked to the protection of the dragons, each to his own dragon he agreed with.

The Five
Vala:
First, there was a great gold dragon, named Vala, who was the most powerful of all those that came into their power. He was a giant, even compared to the other dragons, and you just felt the power coming from him. He was a good dragon, however he was not very sympathetic to his subjects, not out of any malice, but just because being so powerful for so long it was hard for him to think on his people’s level. He didn’t pay attention to their feelings any more than you would an ant’s feelings
Infernus:
Then there was a Red that came down from the mountains, named Infernus. Now, he attracted all the evil that was left in the world, and he created his kingdom on the backs of slaves. He and Vala had some history as well and they have had, in the past, might and terrible fights, but never could he best Vala. So when he found out Vala had power he didn’t, he rushed to catch up with the Gold. He now searches for a way to take over all of the land, but as of yet has not found one.
Metherna:
A Silver named Metherna also came to make herself a home for others in which to prosper. Now she was the most “human” of all the dragons and genuinely cared about her subjects and wanted to protect them from not only the chaos that was in the worlds, but also the evils that have come down from other places. She is good in all senses of the word, and is known to spend much time in her human form, interacting with her subjects, taking trips into the towns around the Castle, making sure everyone is doing ok.
Thorn:
Thorn came out of her great forest home when it tried to eat her. Basically when the magic that was blasted from Mystra came down into the Material plane, it made nature go haywire. So all the plants and animals seemed to take on their own sense of what they wanted, and seemed to have a consciousness. Thorn knew it was time to leave when the great tree she lived in started closing in around her and tried to kill her. She clawed her way out, and started her own kingdom as well. She too is what you might call an evil dragon, but not outwardly evil, like Infernus. Her evil is more subtle, but do not underestimate her, it is there, and she would not hesitate to eat someone who was annoying her.
Tortia:
Tortia, the last female of the 5, and the smallest of the dragons(which isn’t saying she is small, she is still an Ancient Dragon) is a Copper. She is neither good nor evil, but opportunistic. She plays both sides and, believe it or not, is the reason why Thorn and Infernus haven’t joined together to try and take on Metherna and Vala, and she knows it. Tortia likes to exploit where she can and LOVES treasure, gold, anything of value really. Her city of Calimport hasn’t really changed since the plague, it is still a den of thieves and thieves’ guilds. She is sly, seductive, and very complicated to deal with. She also likes to stay in human form many times as well, and meddle in other’s business.
Times are very chaotic for the lands, and it seems new magic is popping up every day. There are also new magic users, good and evil, starting to find their powers again and starting to get more powerful. Some of them threaten certain kingdoms, some of them threaten order in general, and some of them are here to help society stay intact. No one can know what the future will bring, and if these magical effects are here to stay, or if they will someone be fixed one day. All you know, is that this is the land you live in now, and it is time to survive and pray to the gods that you can keep the magics contained.
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13445314#post13445314)

Your Beginning
You find yourself walking in to the fantastic port city of Waterdeep. It has changed since the Scarring, since Metherna has taken over. At one point, before, while it wasn't what you would call "run down" it definitely wasn't as grand as it is now. Metherna has turned it into a grand city with nice, new shiny buildings and a booming economy, despite these hard times. Metherna has used her power and wealth to bring prosperity to her kingdom, and it shows. You all wander to the castle, clutching a letter, summoning you before the Queen. While you are not forced to come, obviously, it still isn't wise to deny a Dragon. So here you find yourself. You arrive to the castle, show them you invite, and the guards show you to the front door. There you meet a servant, Arnold, and he shows you to a waiting chamber. You are not sure what is going to happen yet, and then others start occupying the same chamber. At last there are 5 of you sitting in the same room, eye each other with confusion and wonder, questioning what is going on here......

Dacia Brabant
2012-06-23, 05:55 PM
Mai-Sal Stormchaser, Genasi Mage

Though Mai had traveled far and wide throughout the Realms, never had she been an invited guest of Waterdeep's great silver dragon queen, Metherna. When Mai showed the letter to Tortia (she didn't dare keep such an important development a secret from her master, but she didn't relish the thought of informing her either), she couldn't tell whether Tortia was furious or delighted that her protegé had been summoned by name to a rival dragon's seat of power.

Mai was permitted leave to go, that at least was never really in doubt, and after a long, arduous journey up from Calimport the storm mage made it to Waterdeep. The place was incredible, moreso than she had remembered from her only previous visit, though she hadn't been to Castle Waterdeep that time. This palace is amazing, she thought as she took in the scenery, none too perturbed at being made to keep waiting.

Mai is very clearly a genasi, a djinn-blooded one at that, with quartz crystalline "hair" and indigo skin criscrossed by lighter amethyst energy lines. Her clothes are in the fashion of Calimshan, with flowing garments open enough to allow one's skin to breathe in the heat, though beneath that is visible an inner layer of sturdier clothing laced with violet crystalline material that shimmers slightly. She walks with a thin metallic staff capped by a topaz-colored gemstone. A faint smell of ozone follows her wherever she goes, hinting at the storm of energy contained within her.

She offers a simple "Hello" as others--presumably summoned just like she had been--begin to enter. She observes each one keenly and quietly.

Rausdower
2012-06-24, 10:58 AM
"Whose the officer's wife that I shagged to be stuck in a room with these freaks?"

Lucius thought as his patience wore thin. He received this letter with important business and it wasn't even military? No one got ranks by community service.

This dragon better have some real fun in store.

CalebRoberts
2012-06-24, 11:14 AM
Infernion stalks around the room. His strange, back bending legs add a powerful grace to his stride. The massive wings are folded tightly against his back as his seven foot tall body continues to pace. The thick red scales are polished and shine brightly in the light.

Tendrils of smoke peal from the great red nostrils as Infernion thinks. What does Metherna want with me? How could she want anything but to destroy me? For her, to look upon me is to see Infernus! Who are these other creatures, does she wish them all dead? They are quite a powerful lot.

Infernion stares in turn at each of the others gathered, trying to measure their worth. Infernion's gaze is one of power and hunger. His ruby eyes engage those of each gathered, issuing an unspoken challenge of authority.

The elemental is powerful no doubt. She is so calm for one of storm.

The human is quite yet the confidence rolls from him. I would not wish to test myself against that one. I suspect he is the better of any here, with a blade of course Infernion smiles at the though of being able to roast the human alive.

A Devil Knight! What are They doing here? Why is Metherna allying with the Infernal Ones?

The woodsman seems out of place in this opulent room. I doubt there are none that can match his skill with the bow and woodcraft though.

Ascy
2012-06-24, 03:08 PM
Ewin stands in the corner of the opulent waiting room, reflecting how he got to be at this place.
His black eyes move slowly as his thoughts go back to the day when he received the letter.
He hadn't been in Waterdeep for more than a month, when a messenger handed him the note - apparently handwritten by the dragon queen - requesting his presence. This was surprising, as he had tried not to call too much attention upon him. As far as this was possible for a tiefling at least.
So what makes the dragon take interest in my fate?
Maybe she knows about the events along the dragon coast..
He shakes his head slightly, realizing that this train of thought would lead nowhere.

The other figures waiting with him were more interesting anyways.

A most diverse collection of creatures, the tiefling thought to himself.
An apparently foul-mouthed human, almost as heavily armed as himself.
An elf woman that appeared to be still young - although Ewin was never good in estimating the age of fey creatures.
And a dragonborn, whose scales had a similar tone as his own skin, only more vibrant, was walking up and down the room, seizing up the rest of the visitors.
Red scales? Does the silver dragon try to form an alliance with Infernus? Is that how she knows about me? Ewin's thoughts became clouded with suspicion. He would have to keep a good eye on this one.

"Hello!"

The word that broke the silence also disrupted Ewin's growing paranoia. A blue-skinned figure entered the room, a genasi, as the soldier remembered.
Somehow I've got the feeling that there is something big going on here..
He nods towards the genasi, but does not speak.
He doesn't know what is going on, and he sure as hell won't ask.
And so he waits.
Because whatever a dragon has to say.. it almost always is worth listening to.

horngeek
2012-06-24, 03:32 PM
Evalie sits, looking around at the assembled people, curious as to why Metherna is calling the others alongside her, but not too worried.

She smiles, replying to the genasi. "Hello there. My name's Evalie."

Dacia Brabant
2012-06-24, 04:05 PM
Mai-Sal

Mai returns Evalie's smile with one of her own.

"Hi Evalie, my name's Mai-Sal but please, call me Mai,", she replies in the common language of the North, without a hint of an accent. Pulling a chair over by the elven girl and taking a seat as well, she continues. "Quite the diverse company she's called together. Is this to be an embassy, I wonder?"

horngeek
2012-06-24, 04:35 PM
Evalie thinks. "Possible, she's sent me to accompany a diplomatic mission before... but we'll have to wait and see. Metherna always has something interesting, though."

Irish Musician
2012-06-24, 04:36 PM
All

As you all wait for whatever it is that Metherna summoned you for, servants bring by food and drinks, offering you refreshments. They even go so far as to bring you by your own wash bowls, so that you may wash any dirt and grime of the road off of you. Even with all the niceties being brought to you, you still wait.

Dacia Brabant
2012-06-24, 05:13 PM
Mai-Sal

Mai perks up a bit at Evalie's comment.

"You speak with some familiarity. What is Metherna like to work for, if I may inquire?" she asks, still smiling.

horngeek
2012-06-24, 05:27 PM
"Um. I'm not the best measure of what she's like to work for, because I'm probably closer to her personally than anyone else she has doing my job."

Evalie isn't boasting about that fact, her voice matter-of-fact about it rather than overly proud. "She's always been fair to me, though."

Dacia Brabant
2012-06-24, 06:29 PM
Mai-Sal

Well now, that's interesting. There's a story in that, no doubt, but best save it for later, Mai thinks to herself.

She smiles and nods at Evalie. "I see. Well that is good to hear, considering we're likely to be offered a dangerous job of some sort. You do tracking work for her, I assume?"

Irish Musician
2012-06-24, 11:11 PM
Ewin
A servant comes to you and says, "Will you follow me please, Sir Ewin. Only Sir Ewin." He leads you to a room that makes the rest of the kingdom look like a hovel. It is a glorious room full of paintings, tapestries, statues, suits of armor, and other glorious, and shiny, things. It is a great hall, and at the back, center of it you see a throne that is, of course, a wonder to behold. In said throne, you see one of the most beautiful women you have ever seen, in a robe of silk cloth. She has hair blacker than anything you have ever seen, with eyes that seem to shine in the light, much as a shined silver necklace would. You walk up to her and she looks at you, up and down, and says, Hmm, not quite as "evil" as I thought you would look." Ending her sentence with a sly, yet nice, smile.

Irish Musician
2012-06-24, 11:53 PM
Evalie

A servant comes and asks, "Would you come with me, Ms. Evalie?" Having known her for quite some time, the servant has a more intimate tone with Evalie, but not too familiar. He leads her into a hall she as been in many times before. He bows to the Queen and then leaves, leaving only Evalie and Metherna alone together. "So," she says, "You must be wondering why I summoned you this time."

Irish Musician
2012-06-24, 11:58 PM
Infernion

The servant once again walks into the chamber and announces, Sir Infernion, would you please follow me." By this time the pattern is clear, Metherna is taking every person in personally and talking to them. He leads you to a room that makes the rest of the kingdom look like a hovel. It is a glorious room full of paintings, tapestries, statues, suits of armor, and other glorious, and shiny, things. It is a great hall, and at the back, center of it you see a throne that is, of course, a wonder to behold. In said throne, you see one of the most beautiful women you have ever seen, in a robe of silk cloth. She has hair blacker than anything you have ever seen, with eyes that seem to shine in the light, much as a shined silver necklace would. The Queen looks at you and says, "Well, Infernus sure did a good job constructing you. I have heard of such things happening to the lesser of our race, but I have never seen what the outcome was, for it isn't exactly that most good of rituals to perform on your subjects. I also hear you have a price on your head," she ends with a wry smile.

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 12:04 AM
Mai-Sal
The servant calls for Mai-Sal, and she then follow him. He leads you to a room that makes the rest of the kingdom look like a hovel. It is a glorious room full of paintings, tapestries, statues, suits of armor, and other glorious, and shiny, things. It is a great hall, and at the back, center of it you see a throne that is, of course, a wonder to behold. In said throne, you see one of the most beautiful women you have ever seen, in a robe of silk cloth. She has hair blacker than anything you have ever seen, with eyes that seem to shine in the light, much as a shined silver necklace would. Arnold leaves the chamber with a bow, and the Queen just stares into you. She stares at you for along while and says, "Should I be worried about the apprentice of my *ahem* ally?

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 12:15 AM
Lucius
Lastly, Arnold walks in and calls, Mr. Hook, you are summoned." He leads you to a room that makes the rest of the kingdom look like a hovel. It is a glorious room full of paintings, tapestries, statues, suits of armor, and other glorious, and shiny, things. It is a great hall, and at the back, center of it you see a throne that is, of course, a wonder to behold. In said throne, you see one of the most beautiful women you have ever seen, in a robe of silk cloth. She has hair blacker than anything you have ever seen, with eyes that seem to shine in the light, much as a shined silver necklace would. Arnold leaves and Metherna looks hard into Lucius' eyes. Normally the proud warrior wouldn't turn his gaze from anything, but there is only so much eye contact you can have with a Dragon before you must look away. Once Lucius glances away for a second, the Queen speaks. "You are a brave and worthy fighter, Lucius. As you put you are the toughest mother ****** in the lands. This party will need that pride and fortitude in its quest."

horngeek
2012-06-25, 12:21 AM
Evalie smiles at the dragon warmly. "Yes, I was."

Rausdower
2012-06-25, 01:23 AM
"Now you hold on a minute! I didn't agree to any quest and I sure didn't agree to be unitized with...them!"

Lucius boldly stepped closer to the lady, his voice deepening and decreasing his volume.

"You want a letter delivered or a sacred herd of cows rescued from One-Eyed Pete, you call someone else. You want some big business taken care of? You call my comrades. You call an army. And you put me on the front lines."

Ascy
2012-06-25, 02:39 AM
Ewin

As he enters the great hall, Ewin's eyes widen a bit at the opulent decoration.
He moves towards the throne, standing at attention at a reasonable distance, and gives a slight bow.
The woman sitting on the throne surely could be no other than Metherna herself.
Dragons were known for their ability to change their shape, but even Ewin had to admit that this one definitely had a good taste.
Not that he would ever comment on this.
A black eyebrow raises slightly as the dragon looks at him, and he could almost feel her judging his appearance.

"Likewise", he answers. Remembering a certain amount of civility, he quickly adds:
"..mylady."

After a short pause, he continues, holding up the letter in his right hand:
"But let me ask - what is the purpose of this invitation?
I assume there is a problem that needs solving, and by the look of those outside, you seem to expect less-than-friendly circumstances.
But why me, and why brief us separately?"

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 08:22 AM
Evalie

Smiling back at Evalie warmly she starts, "Most of the time you are quite enough to take care of any probelms we have in our lands, you or any of my not quite as powerful....problem-solvers," she adds a wink for Evalie and smiles with the complement Metherna gives her. "There is a cult in the Werewood, just south of here, that has popped up. We aren't sure what they are doing, but considering they are of Asmodeus it cannot be very good. Vala told me of this cult, for he is the one that found them, and I said I would take care of it, he is always so busy. We do not know what they are up to, so we need this information. Once you have it, then you may...dispose of them."

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 08:30 AM
Ewin

"Ewin," she states after a longer than normal pause, "Tiefling of a family of merchants turned into a Paladin of Asmodeus..... with which she trails off and get up from her throne, walking towards him.

Dacia Brabant
2012-06-25, 08:36 AM
Mai-Sal

Mai sat patiently, containing her mild annoyance at having to wait for her turn, and when it finally came she ambled into the great hall, trying to take in the magnificent sights in what few fleeting moments she had--the most magnificent of all of course being the queen seated upon her throne. Mai bowed before her respectfully and awaited what Metherna would say, but when nothing but an intense, searching stare greeted her Mai could not help but shrink a bit. She knows...but of course she knows, she thought to herself, before straightening up after Metherna finally broke the silence.

"My compliments," the genasi mage responded in as perfect Draconic as her palate could manage, with a respectful nod to her hostess. "Even the most beneficent queens must have their eyes everywhere. I will not pretend I am harmless, Lady Metherna, but I am here at your request and, I should add, under orders from my master to treat you with the fullness of respect I would normally grant her. Is that satisfactory, my lady?" she asks genuinely.

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 08:41 AM
Lucius

Quicker than he can seem to react, Metherna flies off her seat, seeming to fly through the air, and lands right in front of Lucius. When she speaks, it is not loud but a whisper. However this whisper carries with it more power than even Lucius has heard from a voice. "You dare speak to a Queen in such a way? Do not think me a meek woman just because I am in a form similar to your own, I could tear you apart in this very throne room before you even blinked, little man. I may be a tolerant and good Queen, but there is only so much even I will take. Now, have a seat, Sir Hook." As she finishes, a servant runs in with a chair and sets it next to Lucius and runs back out again. "I have asked you hear to do some business for myself and Lord Vala. We have found a cult of Asmodeus in the Werewoods and we need someone to take them out for us. An army is too much, and one person is too little. I need a strong group of hearty fighters to go there, and deal with them. However we do not know what they are up to either, so we need this information as well. Once you have it, then you may...dispose of them. You will be paid handsomely for your service as well. If you do not with to accept this quest from a King and Queen, then so be it," Metherna then turns around and looks at Lucius and he sees silver flames in her eyes and thinks he might have seen some smoke come from her nostrils, ",but if you ever talk to me in such a way in my own throne room in my own kingdom, don't expect to leave in more than one piece."

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 08:57 AM
Mai-Sal
Smiling a bit more than she ought to because of hearing her native language, the Queen answers Mai in Draconic, "Very nice, no doubt to win my favor, still smiling, but more knowingly this time, "but it is nice to hear none-the-less. No doubt taught to you by my ally in the dessert. But I am glad you came and accept my invitation. As shaky as our alliance is sometimes, Tortia and I do agree on one thing, all-out Evil outside our own fights of Kings and Queens we do not tolerate. There is a cult of Asmodeus in the Werewoods and we need them gone. However we do not know what they are up to either, so we need this information as well. Once you have it, then you may...dispose of them. Can I count on you to help me in this endeavor? Feel free to contact Tortia if need be, I have already explain why I called her apprentice to me as you made the journey over.

horngeek
2012-06-25, 09:16 AM
Evalie

The elf thinks after listening to one of the closest things she has to a mother figure. "Hmmmm... do we have any other information going in? Or just the approximate location?"

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 09:40 AM
Evalie
"As of right now, all we know that they are there and some of their numbers. We know there are 5-6 cultists at least, but not sure what they are doing. They have done a good job of hiding themselves from us."

Ascy
2012-06-25, 10:05 AM
Ewin

The reveal did not come as a surprise, as Ewin had already expected the dragon queen to be well informed. Nonetheless, it made him slightly less comfortable in his skin right now.
"I did not expect word of my ..actions to spread so far.
Although your informants might not know enough, milady.
I have no ties to the lord of the Nine Hells. Not anymore."

He frowns, clacking his index finger against one of the small horns along his jawline. As the Queen came closer, his thoughts began to race. What was it the dragon wanted?

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 10:26 AM
Ewin
Hearing him trying to explain himself amused Metherna for some reason. She walked up very close to him, circled around him and was quiet for what felt like to Ewin for forever. Finally, the Queen ended her walk around him in front of him and looked him right in the eye, and smiled. "You need not fear me, son of devils. I had no hatred for the Tieflings. And I do know of your exploits, good and bad. I know of your missing family, and that they are the reason you went into his service in the first place, and that you search for them still." She walks back to her throne and sits down. "I am not certain why you still have your powers, but you have done right by these lands by helping people when you can, and that I respect. I need of your services and I think you will agree to my proposal. There is a cult in the Werewoods. Vala and I are not sure as to what, exactly, they are doing but we would like to find out. Your task would be to figure this out and then wipe them out, though remember we need to know what it is they are doing there, and if there are more. Will you do this?" She pauses for a moment, "Oh, and I forgot to mention, the memebers of this cult worship.......Asmodeus." She ends with a knowing look and a one corner of her mouth curled up in a smirk.

Rausdower
2012-06-25, 11:02 AM
Lucius was indeed intimidated by testing the fair Silver Queens's ire but he displayed no outward sign of fear. Commanded to sit, he did just that and listened to the matter at hand.

"Well forgive me, my queen," adding a mock bow and clearly learning respect, "But for thirty one years, I've watched family and friends fear the one thing outside these castle walls that could spell doom for us, and it's bigger than my house with teeth and scales. Now you mean well now, I understand, but I know what this..."Spellplague" did to your kind. And a large part of my nation is under your control. You know what they say about absolute power? How long till I'm fighting you, or Vala like we are Ol' Fire and Brimstone? I've learned that it doesn't take evil intention to make a villain."

Lucius rose from his seat and grabbed the chair.

"Nevertheless, I'll take the job. Been itching to test the new gear I got and it may as well be on some brittle-boned Devil-lovers. Oh...and the good of the land and all."

He forcefully handed the chair towards the servant and returned to the room he was originally waiting in.

Ascy
2012-06-25, 11:34 AM
Ewin

A wolfish smile finds its way onto Ewin's face.
"You know how to motivate a soldier, milady, there is no doubt.
What I do doubt, however, is our chances to make them answer questions.
The fear of the Nine Hells is strong, and they will almost definitely be hostile."
He squints his eyes and makes an apologetic gesture with his hands. "So if you hoped that my past will open up a diplomatic solution, I fear it won't work very well."
But then, he bows before the queen, this time deeper and more sincere.
He looks straight into these glowing silver eyes, and with a firm and determined voice, he proclaims:
"Be it as it is - I accept your task."

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 11:49 AM
Ewin
Smiling as he talks Metherna responds once he is done talking, "I do not expect them to talk to you as a diplomat, in fact I don't expect any of them to be left alive when you are done. But don't forget to use your eyes while you are there. Anything that looks suspicious or odd can help in determining what they are up to." She nods her head back to him when he bows and thanks Ewin before he leaves, leaving him to wonder about a great many things.

CalebRoberts
2012-06-25, 11:49 AM
Infernion
Like all of his kind (red dragons) Infernion is instantly attracted to the riches in the room. He gets the urge to rub his belly on them but know that would not be fitting on another Dragon's treasure hoard.

The presence of a vastly older and more powerful dragon in the room causes many hormonal changes within Infernion. Immediately he fels like he must challenge her but right on that urge's heels comes the overwhelming feeling of subservience and meekness. In his mind as well as his body he knows the need to not give into his natural dominance. The young dragon has not lived this long with a price on his head to give way to urges now.

Infernion bows low but not like a humanoid. He gets down on all fours, his jaw touching the ground, his wings folded tightly.

"It is as you say my lady"

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 11:56 AM
Lucius
She lets the human talk and say what is on his mind. Listening to every word. When he is done she looks at him for a few moments and replies, "Nothing you have said is false. Though Vala and I have a good alliance between each other who knows what the future can bring. All I can do is tell you that I have need of a brave warrior now, and Vala recommended you. If I were you, I would take that to heart instead of dismissing it off like so many other things." Metherna nods to the fighter and lets him leave. Once he is done she thinks to herself and laughs out loud and whispers to herself, "You are just as Vala said you were."

Dacia Brabant
2012-06-25, 12:39 PM
Mai-Sal

Mai smiles, accepting the dragon queen's compliment even if it was slightly backhanded. She paused in thought for a bit before replying, still in Draconic.

"Asmodeans, indeed they are a secretive lot, but not without reason--we will be ending them after all, rightly so I should say. Certainly, I will be pleased to get to the heart of this matter that troubles you, Lady Metherna, though if I may be so bold to venture, I do find it interesting you are including a tiefling in this affair--assuming each of us was summoned for the same purpose--though perhaps the reason for that will become apparent in due course?" she says, not really asking it as a question and still smiling, paying no outward notice of the tone Metherna took toward Tortia.

"It is well that you contacted my master personally, Lady Metherna, for I--I hesitate to show my weakness, but I have not yet learned the intricacies of ritual magicks," she demurred. "If I may ask a favor, would you likewise notify her of my safe arrival?"

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 01:47 PM
Mai-Sal
Metherna smiles at Mai, liking how quick she is and how quickly she can think through things. Again in Draconic, The Tiefling does have his place in this party. However it is not my place to reveal his secrets, that is up to him. Though I will say don't judge him because of his ancestry. He has had to endure things you cannot comprehend and do things that turned the bile in his stomach. Do not judge him too harshly, he is a fine man." Metherna goes on, "Trust me, though, when I say I would not place him in your company if I thought he was a danger to you all.....well too much of a danger," she ends with a smile and a wave of her hand, dismissing Mai. Oh her way out, Mai hears her say, "Oh, and I will tell your master you have arrived."

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 02:02 PM
Infernion
Metherna smiles, warmly, to Infernion and get up from her throne, walking over to his huddled form. She bends down to him, and crouches to his level. Grabbing his right arm she pulls him up from his subjugated position, "Do not bow before me Infernion, for you have done enough of that in your lifetime. I am not a dragon that need to bring her subjects to their knees, unlike the dragon from which you are named." Once he is standing, she moves her hand to his necklace, handling it for a moment, then speaking again to him. "I wondered how you slipped though Infernus' hand for so long, now I know. Very clever, young dragon. Tell me, do you wish to follow in the footsteps of your namesake?" Giving him a very serious look with this question Metherna quickly moves on, "I would like you to help me with a quest. There are some cultists in the Werewoods, and we know not what they are up to, but we know they are of Asmodeus. We need to know what they are up to, so you must figure that out as well. Once you have, do not leave any alive. Would you do this for me, Infernion: Red that is no longer enslaved?"

CalebRoberts
2012-06-25, 04:24 PM
Infernion
Infernion stands as she commands but cannot meet her gaze. Despite her assurances the natural age hierarchy of Dragons forces him to cast his gaze downward.

No longer enslaved...hmm...Yet my actions are always forced by Infernus' constant hunt of me

"My lady, you are kind to one such as me but you know as well as I that the blood of the Red flows in my veins. Just now I was coveting your treasure as my kind must. My purpose is to end the reign of Infernus and to remove him from power before his end. Yet, I do not wish that power for myself....
I have never even imagined what the future might hold after his downfall."

The small red pauses, realizing he is getting too caught up in the first question and has not even considered the second.

"You have shown me great trust and honor My Lady. I will do you the same honor and see to it that this cult is eliminated. May I ask a question about on of the others in the waiting room?"

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 04:28 PM
Infernion
Metherna eyes him suspiciously at first, "Ask your question, Infernion." Waiting for this question, she taps on her throne, but not, it seems, in annoyance. Merely out of an odd habit.

CalebRoberts
2012-06-25, 04:34 PM
Infernion
"I assume that you have extended the same quest to the Devil-kin Knight. Are you not concerned that this cult will have some power over him once we get there? I apologize if this is offensive but I have not lived this long on the run without having a healthy sense of paranoia, My Lady"

Irish Musician
2012-06-25, 05:01 PM
Infernion
Metherna ponders the question for a moment. Not because she doesn't know the answer she wants to give, she just wants to see Infernion squirm. "I asked him to come along on this quest for the very same reason I called upon you. Not every person of a particular race falls into the same pattern as their kin. I met a dark elf once, a Drow, a long time ago. He was unlike any Drow I had ever met and he taught me to doubt my perceptions I had about typical assumptions of race. I ask you now, too, to put aside you assumptions of him being "evil" and learn of the Tiefling himself. I am not angry young one, nor offended, for I understand the reason for your question and it is perfectly natural. But this ask of you, now." She then gives him a genuine smile and dismisses him.

CalebRoberts
2012-06-25, 05:56 PM
Infernion

Infernion performs a more humanoid bow with his head and torso.
"As you say, My Lady"

He leaves promptly.

Irish Musician
2012-06-26, 11:01 AM
All
You are all called back into the Queen's throne room. When you walk into the room, there is slight change that has occured. The minute you walk into the room, you see it. Before the Queen was in her human form sitting on the throne. Now, however, she has quite obviously turned back into her natural form, and everyone is in awe. Not many have seen the majesty of an ancient silver dragon, some might even argue that she is more beutiful than Vala, the golden dragon. Her great, massive head looms down on you, and she moves it to your level. "I have brought you together to prove to others that all the different races of this land can work together for the common good of it. I have met with you all individually and given you a chance to talk with me. Some went well, some....were interesting", glacing at the ones who know what she is talking about. "You all know what needs to be done. If you cannot get the information from them at the time, try and capture one alive and bring him back to me. If you cannot do that either, then find out as much as you can about the site they have chosen to occupy and bring that information back. Record this information, then destroy the site and all the cultists you can find. You will leave tomorrow, I will have mounts waiting for you. I have arranged for you to stay tonight at the castle. I won't be able to meet with you tomorrow, for I am busy with affaris of state, but I wish you good luck with your endeavor." With that the great Dragon opens her giant maw, and breathes on all of you. It isn't fire and brimstone you feel, but a cool breeze that seems to relax and energize you. Then she dismisses you with a wave of her enormous hand.

You all get a +1 to attack for the next 3 days :smallbiggrin:

CalebRoberts
2012-06-26, 11:57 PM
Infernion
Infernion bows deeply. "Your gift of favor is most gracious My Lady."

The small red dragon stalks away from the group, lost in thought. the price on my head will be double once Infernus learns of my meeting with Metherna

he makes his way quickly to the city gates, then into the forest. He loses any possible trail with a quick teleport up into a tree then on the wing to a small cave he found just outside the city several days previous. He rests and waits for the following morning.

Ascy
2012-06-27, 02:41 PM
Ewin

Ewin nods and turns to leave, but then waits for a second.
Before he can say a word, he sees the dragonborn rush off without a word.
He turns his horned head towards the rest of the group, and says in a diplomatic voice:

"The name's Ewin. I'll be in the inn for the night, if you need anything. Just let me get my sleep, it's going to be a rough day tomorrow."
Not waiting for answers, he leaves the throne room and makes his way into the city.

Rausdower
2012-06-27, 08:13 PM
Without a word said, Lucius departed from the room as the assembly ended. He paid no heed to the dragon or demon and made his way to the nearest inn. Sleep was no necessity for him as the military offered few hours per night to rest. If that.

Five or six hours max. He intended to be the first awake and the first prepared to depart.

horngeek
2012-06-27, 08:42 PM
Unlike a few of the others, Evalie stays at the palace that night, sleeping in the room she normally has. In the morning, she gathers her bow and longsword, buckling both to her back before heading to the meeting place.

Dacia Brabant
2012-06-27, 11:13 PM
Mai-Sal

Mai nods in appreciation for Metherna's blessing, then watches each of the men leave in their own manner, some less anti-social than others, before facing the great dragon once again.

"A noble goal, Queen Metherna, but perhaps you intended to invite the women of their races instead?" she asks with a wink and a wry smile at her and Evalie, before bidding them good evening and retiring to her prepared rooms in the castle, which will no doubt be quite splendid.

After getting her seven hours of rest, Mai freshens up and studies her spellbook for another hour before finally descending to their designated meeting place.

CalebRoberts
2012-06-27, 11:35 PM
Infenion

The red rises with the dawn and makes his way back to the palace. He stretches like cat on the warm steps. He acknowledges the others there with a nod to each but remains silent unless spoken to.

Irish Musician
2012-06-28, 01:12 PM
ALL
You all sleep fine, despite one of you having a dream about being eaten by a very large silver dragon.....And when you all meet the following morning, Lucius is there, on his horse already, grumbling about people sleeping and and needing to get a move on....something about cultists won't kill themselves. Once you get on your horses, that Arnold is holding for you, he hands you a letter that has all the instructions of what you need to do on your quest.

Irish Musician
2012-06-28, 03:08 PM
ALL
If nothing else needs to be done I'll go ahead and move on, if there is, go ahead and post anything you want to say/do on the road, i.e. Road Talk, getting to know each other on the trail, etc. Oh, and this is the first day of your +1 the Queen gave you, so you will have 3 full days of it.

You start out, early in the morning, with the sun just barely over the horizon. You know it will take at least a day and a half to get to the woods, and that is without any distractions. You leave the city and start out on the road. Those who have lived long lives in Ferun remember when the roads were open and not as overgrown. Now, the trees encroach onto the road and it isn't uncommon to see a wild, and usually hostile, animal in your way while traveling. Just past about 10:30 in the morning, you past what used to be Daggerford. What was once a sizable city has now been taken over by the forest. Houses overgrown with plants, and not a person in sight. You pass it rather quickly, know it probably wasn't the safest place to hang around. The day passes as you all ride along. Finally, night starts to descend and you all think it is probably a good time to stop. You find a good, sizable clearing to make camp, surrounded by the thick trees of the forest.

Rausdower
2012-06-28, 04:35 PM
Lucius

As the group left the safety of the town with Lucius taking point, the human yelled to the group.

"Alright, here's the plan," Lucius donned his shield and hammer.

"See this!?", he banged on it a couple time for effect. "Stay behind me and it in a fight and you won't die. Any questions?"

Dacia Brabant
2012-06-28, 09:11 PM
Mai-Sal

Mai briefly considered using her "Charm Person" spell (that was the name her master always used anyway, even if the extant literature called it by a different name) on the oh-so-friendly human, just for laughs, but thought better of it in the end.

Instead, she held forth her staff and produced an orb from a fold in her robe to go with it.

"An excellent plan, no doubt, but allow me to offer a corrolary. See this?" Mai asked, then from head to foot she crackled with electricity, which quickly spread to connect her staff and orb. Gathering it all into a single ball of energy and holding it with both implements, she threw it at an unoccupied stretch of road roughly 50 feet away--the ball expanded into a destructive hemisphere of electricity 25 feet across in any direction, dissipating almost as quickly as it exploded. Had anything been in the area it could not have avoided getting shocked.

"Stay out of that and you won't die. Any questions?" She smiled at Lucius, but her tone was thunderous.

For the record, that was Shock Sphere, L3 encounter power.

horngeek
2012-06-28, 11:29 PM
Evalie closes her eyes, massaging the bridge of her nose. "Great, a pissing contest. We really need one of those on a mission that'll probably need stealth and discretion."

CalebRoberts
2012-06-29, 12:59 AM
The horse given to Infernion goes wide eyed and bucks wildly when the small Red approaches. He smiles, showing a myriad of crocodile like teeth. "Horses don't like me very much." The rest of the party's horses instinctively shy away from Infernion as well.

"You will not lose me." He says with a smile, and spreads his wings to full extension and stands on his hind legs.

As the party leaves he launches but remains close to the ground, never more then five feet up. Occasionally he touches down in a hop and is back up into the air.

He stays away from the "sword" fight of the soldier and the elemental and swoops in to fly as close as he can to the wilderness scout without causing her horse to throw her. "What do you make of this mission from Metherna herself? I suspect she wants us dead but does not want to be seen doing it. Yet one must do as an Elder asks."

Inernion lets his internal heat be fanned by the wind of his flight. His scales glow like coals and begin to put off a dark, quickly dissipating smoke.

Rausdower
2012-06-29, 01:42 AM
Lucius

Unimpressed with the light show, Lucius glared at the Genasi.

"Real cute, Sparkles. If you can sass the enemy to death, we can already say mission accomplished."

He then pointed his hammer's head at Evalie, "And if I hear any screams from you, Lil' Miss-Sneaks-Ahead, cause you got caught by anything paying attention, don't expect me to play knight in shining armor coming to the rescue!"

horngeek
2012-06-29, 02:35 AM
Infernus' comment gets a glare from Evalie. "She saved me when I was a child. She made sure I had a good childhood, and is the closest thing to a mother I've had since, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't accuse her of something like that without significant proof."

She shakes her head at Lucius' comment, but doesn't reply. If he wants to compensate, she's not going to gratify him.

CalebRoberts
2012-06-29, 03:30 AM
Infernus' comment gets a glare from Evalie. "She saved me when I was a child. She made sure I had a good childhood, and is the closest thing to a mother I've had since, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't accuse her of something like that without significant proof."

Infernion ignores the woodswoman's tone. "Ah, so you are the surrogate child of Metherna. Perhaps she does intend for, at least you, to live.

You must be aware of who I am if you are of the inner circles of one of te five. Why would the Silver want me anything but eliminated? If this does not turn out to be a trap, I will be closer to believing that, at least Metherna, does not want me immediately dead."

When they make camp, Infernion makes them all aware of his lack of skills on watch.

Dacia Brabant
2012-06-29, 09:19 AM
Mai-Sal

Even though she didn't much like to make an example like that, Mai was pleased at what it sparked.

Excellent, she thought to herself as she listened to how her new friends were starting to reveal themselves--except for the tiefling. She was dying to know what Metherna meant when she spoke of him in their interview, but she knew not to press that button just yet.

"Please forgive my outburst, but that much condescension gets on my nerves," she said as she gradually came up alongside Ewin. "I can't help but notice you've barely said a word since yesterday in Metherna's castle, Ewin. Is something upsetting you?"

Ascy
2012-06-29, 10:17 AM
Ewin

Ewin watched the whole spectacle with no discernable interest.
He made a mental notice about the fighter's temperament, but didn't comment.
He suspected that he would have enough trouble dealing with the group as it was, and didn't feel the need to raise more conflicts.
This made his surprise even bigger, when the blue-skinned woman started talking to him.

"Well, I guess you just fueled his fire, didn't you?", he answers in a slightly snarky tone. The tiefling's facial features relax just a bit, and his voice becomes a bit softer as he continues, now facing the genasi.
"As people usually tend not to speak to me, I return the favor most of the time.
Right now, the only thing that concerns me is if we can get this group of misfits to work together long enough to fulfill this mission."
With a short nod of his horned head towards Lucius, he adds:
"This human does have quite the temper on him. I'd like to see if it is earned."

Dacia Brabant
2012-06-30, 09:39 AM
Mai-Sal

"As would I," she replies. Mai studies the tiefling for a brief moment, but finding him to be a closed book she presses on regardless, hoping to get him to talk.

"But I'm sure we'll get the chance. So, you're truly concerned about group cohesion? Well I wouldn't worry about our soldier friend there. A man like that has simple wants--complete his orders and go home to feast until the next battle. The elven woman is close with Metherna, so assuming this is all genuine there's no cause for worry there. Now the draconic man is a flighty one, separating himself as much as he can from us--I would surmise out of extreme contempt or caution, but a concern either way. Then there's the eccentric mage, just what's her interest in all of this?" she asks with a wry smile, but then her tone turns serious. "And then there's you. Too thoughtful for a soldier, too quiet for a priest. You're a crusader, aren't you? A man who fights for a cause?"

Ascy
2012-06-30, 11:26 AM
Ewin

For the briefest of moments, something in the tiefling's eyes seems to flare up.
But when he opens his mouth to answer, his facial expression changes to light amusement.
"Tell me, does it satisfy your intellect to categorize people?
I have many reasons to be here, as do you, no doubt.
But in the end, it is all about power. And having an ancient, powerful dragon be grateful is a good start."
With a wink and a devilish smile, he adds:
"Also, I hate cultists, so this might actually be fun. I is healthy to let your rage out once in a while, you know.
But you caught my interest.. what IS the eccentric mage's interest?
What did the queen tell you?"

Dacia Brabant
2012-06-30, 08:51 PM
Mai-Sal

"She said you're a fine man," Mai answered, looking at him squarely in reply, even including the same inflection Metherna had used. She then cracked a small smile before continuing.

"As for me, you're half right--it does satisfy my intellect, but only if it means coming to understand something extraordinary, which I'm not ashamed to say we all qualify as being, as do the circumstances surrounding this mission I might add. But power, you may have all you wish of that, Ewin; in this world, power is an illusion," she said almost wistfully and with a tinge of regret. "As for that eccentric mage, Mai-Sal Stormchaser, she's only interested in a true understanding of this world, and the freedom she hopes it will give her... But yes, killing cultists does at least make for an amusing diversion," she ends with another smile.

Irish Musician
2012-07-03, 02:48 PM
ALL
As you seem to have had enough talk for the day, you notice that it has gotten darker and the sky has almost turned to pure stars. You look around for a few moments and notice a clearing off the road, which would do better for camping than camping right on the road would. You start a fire, not one too big, but one big enough so that most of the animals would stay away. For even though they are now more powerful in general, they still don't like people or fires and try to stay away from both. It isn't completely cleared of trees, there are a few sprinkled in the clearing, but they are scarce enough to unmount and make camp and be able to stretch out. Something that has happened since the Scarring, of which you have all seen numerous times, is that the sunset now doesn't just have reds and oranges, but is more like an aurora, and it fluctuates colors, showing just how much the entire universe and all the planes were effected by the Scarring.

You all fall asleep, some more restless than others, and at one point in the night, Evalie hear something in the forest beyond them, as well as Ewin, and are both waken up. You hear, what you can perceive as, clicks in a couple of different places in the trees. You notice there is some sort of pattern to them, but you know not what it means. Immediate the winds starts to pick up and you hear the click cease.

You are still laying down, but awake, as you are experiencing all of this. So if you want to shoot up and yell you can, if you'd like to try and wake everyone you can, if you just want to sit there and wait, you can as well. It is up to you two. :smallbiggrin: I will give you each, basically, a turn of things to do, before I move on.

horngeek
2012-07-03, 04:56 PM
Evalie wakes up as soon as she hears the sound, looking over at Ewin as she picks up her bow and buckles her sword and quiver onto her back. "Ewin, wake up the others, I'll keep guard."

Ascy
2012-07-04, 05:03 AM
Ewin

A faint sound wakes Ewin up from an uneasy sleep.
As soon as he opens his eyes, he sees the elven woman already awake, obviously also aware of the strange sounds.
On her command, he gives an acknowledging nod and slowly stands up, grabbing his shield.

"Mage. Wake up.",
he whispers, as he nudges the sleeping genasi softly with the tip of his boot.
"We are not alone."

Realizing that the situation might be more dire than first expected, he takes a deep breath and barks out a short command:
"Everybody wake up! Non-ambiance sounds from the treeline!"

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-04, 05:37 PM
Mai-Sal Stormchaser

Mai had slept uncomfortably, clutching her staff and orb close to her and still wearing her inner leather garment (though eshewing her airy robe, which offered no special protection). Nevertheless she wasn't exactly pleased at being worken up, but understood full well why it was necessary. Mai rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and got to her feet as quickly as she could.

"I know, I'm disappointed too--oh you didn't mean us," she quipped, but from her hushed tone it was obvious she knew this was potentially serious danger. "I guess we'll get to see it sooner than I thought."

Irish Musician
2012-07-05, 04:24 PM
ALL
Those of you awake, stand up and take a defensive stance to the, what you can assume, is an incoming threat. Those of you who were asleep, are jarred awake by the Tiefling's command and stand in a sleepy haze, yet ready for anything none-the-less.

I'll roll Initiative, and you can make a "waking up" flavor post if you would like, for those that were woke up. You don't see anything as of yet, but you know something is there. Hence no surprise round on you.

Irish Musician
2012-07-05, 05:13 PM
ALL
From the east, Mai sees a big bird-like creature run towards her clicking and shrieking as it runs. The beast stops right in front of Mai and lets out a HUGE shriek that sounds, and feels, like thunder. And anyone near enough to it feels the vibrations of the shriek, shaking their very being so much it knocks them to the ground.

Actions
Move to M7
Standard - Thunderous Shriek VS Fort
Mai - [roll0]
Ewin - [roll1]
Lucius - [roll2]
Damage - [roll3], and anyone hit is knocked prone

Lucius is up next.

Rausdower
2012-07-05, 06:51 PM
At the yell of the Tiefling, Lucius stood quickly and donned his shield and weapon. A mixture of adrenaline, training, and dread recurrences of this similar scenario he's lived through shook the sleep from his body. The attack of the strange bird creature came quick and nearly sent his associates to the ground. The fighter merely roared mightily in turn and moved towards the beast. He spun in a tight circle aimed with hammer outward, intending to strike the head of the creature and send it reeling.

Shift to L8
Standard - Tide of Iron [roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage

Auto-marked. If hit, I get +2 to AC against him, push him to N7, and take his spot

Irish Musician
2012-07-05, 09:51 PM
After enduring the Shriek of the bird-thing, Lucius scoffs at the sound, and strikes at the monster, getting a solid hit on it, knocking it back, and taking its place, at the current front lines, protecting the party. Lucius stands ready, in front of the beast, shield and weapon in front of him, ready to take it down.

Mai and Infernion are up still.

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-05, 11:49 PM
Mai-Sal Stormchaser

"It's a trained owlbear, and where there's one there's sure to be more!" Mai yells, but a deeper rumbling sound starts emanating from within her immediately thereafter. She knocks her staff and orb together and BANG! A thunderclap of her own goes off and from it she sends a concentrated sonic pulse straight at the owlbear.

Free action: Use Vulnerability. If I pass a Hard DC monster knowledge check against the target (the owlbear) I gain +4 to all defenses and +Int mod (6) damage (unless it's a damage type the monster resists) against the target until the end of my next turn.

Standard action: Beguiling Strands (friendly close blast 5 so the owlbear is the only target).
[roll0] vs. Will. On hit the target takes 19 psychic and thunder damage and is pushed 5 squares.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-06, 12:39 AM
Infernion jolts at the sound of Ewin's voice but he wakes quickly. His eyes blaze red and he looks around for assault. He is about to laugh in the paladin's face when the shriek comes.

The giant feathered creature comes rushing out of the brush. Infernion grabs a hold of its soul, ready to siphon off it's power.

He makes a squeezing motion with his clawed hand. A sickly green version of the hand appears around the Owlbear's neck. It can't quite crush it wholly but the feathers whither like leaves and its neck bruises immediately.

Infernion is off with a sweep of his wings. As he moves his scales glow like coals and emit a thick smoke, obscuring his form somewhat. The only sound he makes is a reptilian snarl.
Actions
Minor: Curse trained owlbear
Standard: Hand of Blight vs T.O. (spend Fell Might0

Attack: [roll0]+16 vs FORT
Damage: [roll1]+10 + [roll2](brutal 1) = 25 necrotic and psychic damage
Trained Owlbear grants CA to all until the end of my next turn.
Move: J7 to K4 - Gain concealment(Shadow Walk)

OOC: The roll results are in the OOC. I mistakenly post my turn there. This is a repost.

horngeek
2012-07-06, 12:55 AM
Evalie frowns, moving to the side so she can get a clear shot without interference from the fire, pulling an arrow out of her quiver and releasing, and then pulling a second arrow out almost too fast for the eye to see and sending it to join its twin in flight.

Dual Strike:

Attack 1:[roll0]
Attack 2:[roll1]

Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Irish Musician
2012-07-06, 10:45 AM
Mai, having been missed by the Owlbear's thunderous attack, takes the energy sent at her by it and sends it right back at the beast, blasting it with a mixture of her own energy and its. Infernion tries to choke the monster with a green, sickly hand...but the monster brushes it off and gives him a shriek as he backs into his smoke. Evalie shoots two arrow at the Owlbear, hoping to hit it while it is distracted and still recovering from its painful hit from Mai, but it is able to bat away the arrows as they fly at it.

Seemingly in time with Evalie, you hear some clicks from the forest, and two more of the monsters run out from the forest, both in different places, coming after Evalie, and Mai. They seem to be directed somehow, but you are not exactly sure what force is driving them. They reach their targets, and both of them, at the same time, let out a screech, somewhat like the first bird's, but this one seems to bore into your brain and the world seems hazy and you are disoriented for a moment.

Actions
Y.O.1
Move - K8
Standard - Dazing Hoot VS Fort, Blast 3 Centered on L6
Ewin - [roll0]
Mai - [roll1]
Lucius - [roll2]
Damage - [roll3], Target is Dazed (save ends)

Y.O.2
Move - I6
Standard - Dazing Hoot VS Fort, Blast 3 Centered on K4
Evalie - [roll4]
Infernion - [roll5]
Damage - [roll6], Target is Dazed (save ends)

Ascy
2012-07-06, 01:30 PM
Ewin

The strange creature's shriek does the rest to wake the tiefling up.
His first instinct is to charge the monster, but just as he starts to move, two smaller creatures burst out of the woods.
Losing no second to thought, Ewin turns around and stomps towards the nearest of the two creatures, the one closest to the elf.
He brings his longsword down in a vertical slash, all the while shouting.

"Ridiculous creatures! You cannot take me! Come on!

Move Action: Move to J6

Standard Action: Righteous Smite vs Y.O.2
[roll0]
[roll1]
On Hit: Each ally within 5 squares gains 9 temp. HP.

Minor Action: Call of Challenge
Each enemy within 3 squares (YO 1 + 2) is subject to Ewin's divine sanction until the end of his next turn:
Marked and takes 13 radiant damage when it makes an attack that doesn't include Ewin. Also one of the targeted allies regains 10 HP if Ewin is not included in the attack.

Irish Musician
2012-07-06, 02:27 PM
Just as soon as the Owlbear nearest Evalie stops shrieking, Ewin is in his face, slashing it with his sword, and challenging it to attack him, as well as its counterpart that ran in with it. Seeming to answer Ewin, a giant swell of wind start blowing all around them, and a beast that seems to be dressed like a shaman or witch doctor steps out from the eastern trees next to Infernion, giving a battle cry. This one is much bigger than the others and has claws and a beak, both painted up, that rival all the other Owlbear's in sharpness and size by quite a bit. Even the least educated of you can tell...this has to be the leader. As he steps into the Instead of going for Infernion, which the Dragon thanks the merciful gods for, he goes for what he thinks is the toughest of the group, Lucius.

Actions
WCO
Move - To L4
Standard - Disembowel, 2 attacks(Reach 2) VS AC
Lucius - 1 [roll0]
2 [roll1]
Damage -1 [roll2], slide target 2 and Lucius is knocked prone
2 [roll3] 26 for the Crit, slide target 2 (N5) and Lucius is knocked prone
(Prone Doesn't stack, obviously)
If both attacks hit, Lucius is Stunned until the end of WOC's Next turn

Top of the Round
Seeing its leader come into combat sends the first Owlbear into a frenzy, and he attacks Lucius as well, helping is leader as he can.

Actions
T.O.
Move - O6
Standard - Claw VS AC on Lucius [roll4] (if he gets knocked prone, then I won't add +2 to this roll since he has +2 to AC against this enemy)
Damage - [roll5]

Lucius, Mai, Evalie, and Infernion, its you guys.

Rausdower
2012-07-06, 04:18 PM
The claws of the painted beast ripped into the flesh of Lucius and before even a scream of pain could be emitted, he was thrust towards the commanding creature.

At least something was going right this moment.

Determined to pay back the blood loss one-hundred-fold, Lucius swung his weapon widely to strike both attacking beasts. His swings didn't stop though and, like a madman, he attacked over and over. This assault though, was not of despiration, he knew exactly how to take on the creatures with shock and awe.

As a follow-through, he drew on his past training to quickly find the weakest points of the foes and strike them to cause massive internal bleeding. He's never fought an owlbear personally, but they all bleed as well as any bandit or criminal.

Move - Stand

Minor - Rain of Steel - Any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to me takes 1[W] damage as long as I'm able to make opportunity attacks.

Standard - Sweeping Blow
Close burst 1
T.O. [roll0] vs AC
[roll1] (Brutal 2) damage

Leader [roll2] vs AC
[roll3] (Brutal 2) damage

Action Point

Standard - Arms Master Challenge - Primary
T.O. [roll4] vs AC
[roll5]+8 damage

Secondary Attack
Leader [roll6] vs AC
[roll7] +8 damage

And mark Y.O. 2 as another effect of the Power

And with the OB bloodying me, I use Tempered in Blood to auto-use a healing surge once bloodied and my cloak's property to use another on top of it to bring myself to 103 total HP

CalebRoberts
2012-07-07, 12:41 AM
Infernion i reeling from the sonic assault. He quickly steps into the void to escape another attack. When he reappears he finds himself between the two Younglings. His wicked teeth poke out of his lips in a wicked smile.

He inhales sharply and hurls a blast of fire and acid out of his mouth towards the two bigger foes. The shaman is roasted but the other takes even worse wounds. All its feathers burn off and the skin left is an angry red with blood weeping from the wounds.

A small piece of the owlbear's soul leaches out in the blood and recharges a little bit of Infernion's power.

Actions:
Move: Ethereal Stride - Teleport 3 to I7, gain +2 to all defenses until the end of my next turn. Also concealment continues.
Action Point!: Dragon's Wrath - Area Burst 2 w/in 10 centered at O5 (targets enemies)
This provokes OAs from Y.O.1 & Y.O.2

Attack vs REF
[roll0]+15+2 vs T.O.
[roll1]+15 vs WCO
Damage
[roll2]+5, [roll3]+[roll4]+[roll5] (Curse damage on T.O. (brutal 1)

Action Point Effect: Deal 10 fire+acid damage to Y.O.1 & Y.O.2
End of Turn: Save vs Dazed
[roll6]

Summary:
46 fire and acid damage to WCO
30 Fire and Acid damage to T.O.
10 Fire + Acid damage to Y.O.1 & Y.O.2 each

96 damage on one turn! Yay strikers

EDIT: since T.O. is bloodied Infernion triggers his Infernal Pact boon and gains his Fell Might back. The curse is removed from T.O.

Irish Musician
2012-07-07, 08:36 AM
Seeing the dragon appear before them out of nowhere, then use some sort of spell, both the beasts see a gap in his defenses and strike out with feral might.

Y.O.1 O.A. - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]

Y.O.2 O.A. - [roll2]
Damage - [roll3]

Mai and Evalie are up now. Also, you 4 next to each other don't have to go in order. Mai and go before Lucius or whatever. It's really whoever posts first, as far as I am concerned, when you guys are next to each other like that. If monsters separate you, that's different, but if you are all next to each other like that, you can go all willy nilly :smallbiggrin:

Irish Musician
2012-07-07, 09:53 AM
The biggest of the Owlbears lets out a mighty shriek for being hit from all sides. It seems to bend over, folding into itself, but instead of falling down, it lets out a blast of wind that is as powerful as a tornado, knocking around any creature unfortunate enough to be in front of him, including his own subjects. It seems to be losing control over its wind-like powers.

Actions
Imm. Reaction - From being bloodied, Wind Howl, blast 5, centered on I5
Evalie - [roll0] Vs. Fort
Ewin - [roll1] Vs. Fort
Infernion - [roll2] Vs. Fort
Y.O.2 - [roll3] Vs. Fort
Damage - Target is pushed 5 squares and knocked prone.

Evalie, Ewin, and Infernion all get flung back and knocked onto the ground, not used to the ferocity of the leader's powers. The Youngling, however, is quite used to such outbursts of its leader, and sees the explosion coming, so it is a little more prepared for the blast of air.

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-07, 10:37 AM
Mai-Sal

Mai reeled from the thunderous assault, but she fought through it enough to cast a spell on the ground beneath the trained owlbear and its master. Still mindful of the young one next to her, she struck her implements together and pointed the staff at the earth, which suddenly erupted in a fury of thousands of sparks, which scattered across the ground and refused to dissipate. Then, calling upon her staff's own inner magic, Mai sent out two more sonic waves from it, but these exploded in a loud thunderclap on making contact with the trained owlbear and its master.

Standard action: Fountain of Flame, changed to lightning per my PP, friendly area burst 1 centered on N6. No AoOs due to Staff Expertise.
[roll0] vs. Reflex (+2 vs. WCO due to CA from prone).
[roll1] +15 lightning damage (+6 vs. TO due to Use Vulnerability); half damage on a miss; ignores resistance due to Evocation Mastery.
Effect: the burst creates a zone lasting until end of the encounter. Any enemy entering the zone or ending their turn in it takes 5 lightning damage.

Free action to use action point: Beguiling Strands, friendly close burst 5 targeting WCO and TO.
[roll2] vs. Will (+2 vs. WCO).
13 thunder damage (+6 vs. TO) and instead of being pushed 5 squares, the target takes [roll3] thunder damage and is knocked prone (free action daily power from my staff).

Save vs dazed: [roll4]

Irish Musician
2012-07-07, 10:55 AM
Using her amazing powers of the Storm, Mai shoots lighting at the Owlbears, and uses thunder to deafen and hurt them. The first foe you saw, gets zapped by a huge lighting bolt that not only zaps it, but also hits the tree it is next to and explodes the tree into flames which falls onto the owlbear, crushing it under a horrible mass of wood and fire. You hear its loud deathshriek as it is absolutely squished and burned.

Irish Musician
2012-07-10, 12:07 PM
(Posting for horngeek)

Evalie
Evalie, seeing that she is in trouble, and still a little out of it, decides to get out of her sticky situation, before returning to the battle. She isn't any good to her companions dead.

Actions
Evalie is dazed and Prone, so I am just going to use her Invisible Stride to get her away from the center of battle and roll a save for her dazed. I'll say she teleports herself from prone :smalltongue:
Move - to F9 and is invisible until the start of your next turn or until you attack.
Save for Dazed - [roll0]

Irish Musician
2012-07-10, 12:16 PM
Y.O.1 & Y.O.2
Feeling the pull from the prone Ewin, the first youngers Owlbear runs at him and tries to claw him and even grab him up in its clutches. The other one, seeing Mai pulled right to it, claws at her as well.

Actions
Y.O.1
Move - to H8
Standard - Double Attack on Ewin VS AC
1 - [roll0] +2 for Ewin being prone for each attack
2 - [roll1]
Damage
1 - [roll2]
2 - [roll3] , if both attacks hit, Ewin is grabbed.

Y.O.2
Standard - Claw vs AC on Mai [roll4]
Damage - [roll5] 35 dmg for the Crit

Ewin is next, then the WCO, and then Round 3.

Ascy
2012-07-11, 10:13 AM
Ewin

Ewin had to shake his head to get the last bits of dizziness out of him.
Leaning heavily on his right knee, he stands up and moves closer to the creature that threw him down, vengeance in his eyes.
Again he brings his blade to bear, a quick thrust towards the creature's chest, hoping his allies would hold together long enough.

Move Action: Stand up

Minor Action: Boots of the Fencing Master: Shift to G8
(Gain +1 Bonus to AC and Ref until end of next turn)

Standard Action: Valorous Smite vs. YO1
[roll0]
Hit: [roll1]
Each enemy within 3 squares is subject to divine sanction until the end of next turn. (YO 1+2)

Irish Musician
2012-07-11, 10:43 AM
ALL
The Owlbear with powers over the wind gets up from the ground after having been knocked down, and lets out a frustrated screech, turning on Lucius, and attacking him all out.

Actions
Move - Stand up
Standard - Disembowel on Lucius VS AC
1 - [roll0]
2 - [roll1]
Damage
1 - [roll2], target gets slid 2 and knocked prone
2 - [roll3], target gets slid 2 and knocked prone
If both attacks hit, the target is stunned untill end of the Owlbear's next turn
Action Point
If both attacks hit: Beak Snap - [roll4]

If both attacks don't hit: He will use Disembowel again, VS AC
1 - [roll5]
2 - [roll6]
Damage
1 - [roll7], target gets slid 2 and knocked prone
2 - [roll8], target gets slid 2 and knocked prone
If both attacks hit, the target is stunned untill end of the Owlbear's next turn

And it is Lucius'/Mai's/Evalie's/Infernion's turn, Top of Round 3!!

Rausdower
2012-07-11, 11:37 AM
The Warrior stood firmly as the beak of the massive creature bounced off his steel. The beast's last attack was so telegraphed that it was almost effortless for Lucius to bash its beak in with his shield and strike in that same moment with full-force of his body.

Rain of Steel - [roll0] damage

Brash Strike - [roll1] vs AC
[roll2] damage

If hit, use my daily weapon power and slide him to the L9-M8 square.

EDIT: Also grant CA with Brash Strike.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-11, 11:43 AM
Infernion

Infernion slams into the ring of trees. His mind is addled but clearing rapidly. He latches onto the souls of the nearest owlbears, hoping to consume them for more power.

Actions:
Save vs Dazed: 8 (from OOC) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13536177&postcount=112)
Minor: Curse Y.O.1 & Y.O.2
End of Turn: Save vs Dazed
[roll0] FINALLY!

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-11, 03:08 PM
Mai-Sal

"Aaagh!" Mai could not help but scream at the owlbear's vicious clawed assault. Wounded and still reeling from its thunderous assault, the mage knew she had only one chance at escape--although it meant the human would be in the line of fire. "Lucius, look out!" was all the warning she could offer before her body unleashed a chaotic mass of elemental and psychic energies in an eruption of acid, ice, fire, lightning and poison.

When the cloud dissipated she was gone from where she had stood, reappearing next to the tree she had felled.

Standard action: Elemental Eruption, unfriendly close burst 2 centered on me. Hit or miss, she teleports to N8 as part of the action (that's the main reason I'm using this). It's not an implement or arcane power, so it's Int mod +6 (and +1 from my headband). Oh and it's vs. Reflex.

Vs. WCO: [roll0]
Vs. YO2: [roll1]
Vs. Lucius: [roll2]

[roll3] acid, cold, fire, lightning, poison and psychic damage.

Save: [roll4]

Finally! Sorry about the crit Lucius. :smallfrown:

horngeek
2012-07-12, 06:30 PM
Evalie glares at the closest Owlbear, before drawing two arrows from her quiver, aiming at the Owlbear in question before releasing both arrows at it.

The Ranger then disappears, remaining invisible as she comes back into reality on the other side of the Owlbear.

Right. Shooting YO1 with my Twin Strike, before using Invisible Stride to get to the other side of it so I can help Lucius and the others against the big one.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]

Irish Musician
2012-07-13, 08:32 AM
Y.O.1 & Y.O.2
Screeching loudly at the arrows from nowhere that hit it, the first younger owlbear claws at Ewin, hoping to find him in its grasp afterwards. The second younger owlbear is momentarily confused, as Lucius is behind a tree and Mai just disappeared in front of its eyes, sensing that its comrade was attacking behind it, the owlbear looks behind it and sees Ewin, screeches, and claws at him as well.

Y.O.1
Actions
Standard - Double Attack on Ewin Vs AC
1 - [roll0]
2 - [roll1]
Damage
1 - [roll2]
2 - [roll3]
If both attacks hit, Ewin is grabbed.

Y.O.2
Actions
Move - to G5
Standard - Double Attack on Ewin Vs AC
1 - [roll4]
2 - [roll5]
Damage
1 - [roll6]
2 - [roll7]
If both attacks hit, Ewin is grabbed.

Ewin is next

Ascy
2012-07-13, 03:23 PM
Ewin

As he is getting attacked from two sides and bleeding from a number of scratches, Ewin's stress level rises.
He moves between the Owlbear and Evalie, hopefully escaping the claws of the other beast and raising his shield in a defensive position.
From behind the wooden screen of his shield, he takes a quick swing at the owlbear.

Move Action: Shift to G9, gain +1 AC and Ref until the end of Ewin's next turn.

Minor Action: Virtue - lose 1 surge, gain 24 temp. HP, gain +4 resistance to all damage until the start of Ewin's next turn.

Standard Action: Unyielding Faith vs. YO 1
[roll0]
Hit: [roll1] Damage and YO 1 is subject to divine sanction until the end of the encounter.
Miss: Half damage.

Irish Musician
2012-07-14, 12:05 AM
WCO
The leader, once again, makes claw attacks at Lucius, hoping to get him in its grasp.

Actions
Standard - Disembowel against Lucius Vs AC
1 - [roll0]
2 - [roll1]
Damage
1 - [roll2], Slide Lucius 2 and knock him prone
2 - [roll3], Slide Lucius 2 and knock him prone
If both attacks hit, Lucius is Stunned until the end of the WCO's next turn

Ok, Top of Round 4; Lucius, Mai, Evalie, Infernion's turn.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-14, 12:39 AM
Infernion blinks out of existence, then reapears next to Ewin and Evaile. "Niccce to work withh you" he hisses in a particularly draconian voice. He reaches a claw out towards the Owlbear shaman and squeezes

Actions:
Minor: Use Boots of Eagerness item power to take a Move Action and stand up.
Move: Ethereal Sidestep - Teleport 1 square to F10
Standard: Diabolic Grasp vs Wind-Caller
Attack: [roll0]+16 = vs Fort
Damage: [roll1]+10 damage

Irish Musician
2012-07-14, 01:02 AM
The leader of the Owlbears, bloody and tired, made attacks against Lucius. One of them hitting, but the other was too tired and it missed. It then turned around to face the other enemies, but right as it turned around a misty, arcane hand, shaped oddly like Infernion's, grabbed it by the throat. Making some choaking sounds, it started to try and struggle out of the grasp, but to no avail, for it couldn't grab a hold of the incorporeal hand. Infernion hisses an insult at the beast, and with that, the hand rips off the owlbear's head, it hanging in the air for a moment while the body falls to the ground, blood and gore gushing out everywhere. Then the hand disappears and the head falls down next to the lifeless, yet twitching, body.

Rausdower
2012-07-14, 09:17 AM
With immense anger welling up inside Lucius, he stood up and roared an almost primal challenge towards the remaining creatures.

Stand up as a move.

Standard - Come and Get It

I move the OBs to a spot adjacent to me. Slide the one over and send the other over the fire to reach me. Then Close Burst 1 attack vs AC.

T.O.1
[roll0]
[roll1]

T.O.2
[roll2]
[roll3]

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-14, 10:42 AM
Mai-Sal

No doubt some of that's for me, Mai thought as she listened to the human rage away, but she knew there wasn't much point in or time for dwelling on it. Instead, now that her head was clear she summoned her own rage, which cascaded over her as lightning and rumbled as thunder all around her. Striking her implements together again, she coalesced all that energy into a tight ball, which she propeled into the owlbears' midst. The ball exploded in raw electricity, such that you could practically taste the ozone in the air.

Minor action to use Promise of Storm, gaining +1 to attack and +2d8 +6 to damage rolls with thunder or lightning powers.

Standard action to use Shock Sphere, unfriendly area burst 2, centered at J8 so it only targets the two YOs.
YO1: [roll0] vs. Reflex
YO1: [roll1] vs. Reflex
[roll2] + [roll3] +21 lightning damage. Miss: half damage.

Irish Musician
2012-07-14, 11:20 AM
Lucius gets up and calls both the Owlbears such horrible names, that even though they don't understand him, they come rushing next to him anyway out of the sheer ferocity of his commands and insults. Having them in perfect position, Mai lets loose a big burst of lighting, barely missing Lucius, on both of the creatures. The lightning Arcs just as it gets to the one west of Lucius, barely missing it, but singing enough feathers go anger it greatly, not to mention scorch its right arm all the way up, leaving no feathers in that place. The other young owlbear, however, isn't near as lucky, and he gets full blast of the power. So powerful is the lighting that hits the poor creature, and so weak is the creature at this point, the lightning actually causes the Owlbears body to explode and rain gore on all those near enough to it to be caught in the carnage, including Mai herself.

Everyone in a burst 2 of the Owlbear gets splattered with Owlbear parts and nastyness :smalltongue::smallbiggrin: You can thank Scylfing later for the crit, hehe.

Evalie is up next!!

horngeek
2012-07-17, 09:37 AM
Evalie makes a face of disgust at the messy end of the second Owlbear, before running over to get a clear shot at the last one, pulling an arrow out as she does so. "Take this!"

And the arrow sped towards the Owlbear.

Sorry for the amount of time this took... anyway, Evalie's moving, using a minor action to Hunter's Quarry the Owlbear, then hitting it with Eager Pursuit.

To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Plus Hunter's Quarry Damage: [roll2]

Irish Musician
2012-07-17, 01:20 PM
Realizing that all of its allies are dead, the Owlbear's instincts of survival kick in, and it lets out a bone-shakingly loud screech, before turning tailfeathers and running.

Actions
Standard - Dazing Hoot, centered on H8 VS Fort
Evalie - [roll0]
Ewin - [roll1]
Damage
[roll2], and the target is dazed, save ends.

Lucius gets an OA. Ewin's turn, if he would like to pursue through the dense forest.

Rausdower
2012-07-17, 06:30 PM
If I hit with the OA, he ceases movement.

[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage

Irish Musician
2012-07-17, 06:35 PM
Right after the Owlbear let out its might screech, Lucius, not having been affected by the screech as much, swung at the fleeing owlbear, tripping it up and stopping its movement.

It stops at G5, you go Lucius! Ewin's turn.

Ascy
2012-07-18, 09:30 AM
Ewin

"Oh no, you won't!"
Burning with anger, Ewin had no intention to let the creature escape with its life. When he sees the owlbear tripping after Lucius' quick swing, he charges after it, and swings his sword in a vicious backhanded strike.

Move Action: Move to G7

Standard Action: Majestic Halo
[roll0]
[roll1], radiant
Miss: Half Damage
Until the end of the encounter, every enemy that starts the turn adjacent is subject to sanction.

Irish Musician
2012-07-18, 10:21 AM
ALL
Ewin charges at the Owlbear, who is bloodied and beaten down. It looks to its left as sees Ewin coming in for the kill. It lets out a loud screech as he slams into it, slicing it through the heart with his longsword. They hang there for a moment, staring at each other, then the beast slides down to the ground, dead.

VICTORY!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c2Vb7CqTdc)

Battle is over, do as you will.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-18, 12:46 PM
The draconic form of Infernion shakes just a bit, much like a dog shaking off water. "That...was quite exciting." His eyes flame red a moment, his lips curled back in a sneer.

He walks over to one of the young ones and cuts off a haunch. "Owlbear is best fresh, would anyone like to join me?" He does not wait for an answer. Fire gushes out of his mouth, incinerating all the feathers and searing the meat.

He tears into it with reslish, sitting on his own haunces with is back to a tree.

Short Rest
Spend 2 surges 88/88 hp
9/11 surges remain

Ascy
2012-07-19, 03:09 PM
Ewin

The tiefling lets out a hearty laugh, a decision he almost immediately regrets, as his side starts to hurt from one of the wounds he suffered. Nonetheless, he raises his hand in a salute towards the dragonborn.

"Sure, I'll have a bite. Wouldn't want to leave a good meal rotting in the woods. I just hope it tastes better than it looks.."

Spend 3 Surges to get back to full health.

Rausdower
2012-07-19, 04:50 PM
As the final Owlbear fell, the fighter looked upon the Genasi magic user. Still under the effects of the adrenaline rush, he threw his shield down on the ground and charged towards Mai. Lucius grabbed her by the neck of the armor and effortlessly threw her on the ground while hovering over her, hammer raised and ready to strike by the look on his face.

The next few seconds were tense but he then relaxed and spoke only two words as he released his grasp and turned towards his tent. "Nice shot."

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-19, 06:57 PM
Mai-Sal

Mai had seen it coming even before the human had dropped his shield, eyeing him ever since she'd singed him with that elemental eruption. She judged by his body language and the light in his eyes that he didn't truly intend to harm her--although her Word of Rescue was on her lips just in case. She wasn't that good of an actress though, and instead of feigning shock or fear she pursed her lips and her eyes looked straight through him.

"Thanks. Was it good for you?" she deadpanned. Mai picked herself up but didn't bother cleaning herself off, nor did she accept the offered owlbear meat. Instead she just headed to her own tent to bandage her wounds, which were more extensive than she let on.

Mai will spend 4 surges to get back to full health. Yikes. Hopefully that is the last encounter until the end of the extended rest.

Irish Musician
2012-07-20, 11:41 AM
ALL
All of you are exhausted after this fight. Completely spent, you all go back to bed, and sleep a little later than normal, considering you spent some time that night fighting off these big beasts. You build up the fire a little more, for the fire got somewhat blown out due to the big owlbear's wind control, and then you sleep. Nothing goes on for the rest of the night except......sleep.

In the morning, still a little groggy, you all start to wake up to the smell of eggs....and bacon.....and sausage, and it smells wonderful. As you wake up, you notice a figure sitting/crouched by the fire, frying pan in hand, with big dishes full of food around him. He seems to be sitting there, humming to himself, cooking breakfast, just waiting for you guys to wake up. You see he is a Githzerai, while not very common in these lands, certainly not the first time you have seen one. The whole scene is odd, and you are not quite sure what to make of it......and him.

Everyone is fully recovered, dailies back, surges back, etc, etc. This will be the first and only time I will say this because it is up to you guys to remember :smallbiggrin:, but did you guys want to search the bodies?

CalebRoberts
2012-07-20, 02:27 PM
Infernion

Infernion wakes to the delicious smell and turns to look at the fire. He springs up, fire already glowing down his throat. He advances on the man. "What are YOU doing here. Having breakfast before you try and kill us!" the paranoid dragon screams.

Great Dane
2012-07-20, 02:44 PM
The stranger looks curiously at the dragonborn, furrowing his brow before saying, "Dak not kill." He proceeds to continue flipping owlbear steaks.

Rausdower
2012-07-20, 08:48 PM
A grumpy Lucius steps out of his tent.

"What the **** are you yel...aw, hell...more freaks? I thought we were full of em' already.", he said as he grabbed a plate.

Great Dane
2012-07-21, 12:20 AM
Dak, Githzerai Artificer

With breakfast fully cooked and on plates, the stranger approaches Lucius, knees bent, hands on the ground, wide-eyed.

Anyone awake and observing will find a curious creature shorter and slighter than a typical man, wearing a large overcoat. He seemed to be hiding...things...inside of it, but what you cannot tell. His hair is long and scraggly, his skin is a pale green, his eyes are curious and child-like.

To Lucius, he says, You like yums? Dak work hard. You fight longLONG time. Dak hunt owlbears many miles for Mother. HehehEHHEHEHhehe...but you kill them! Dak hide in trees and watch!!he says with glee.

He continues, Dak stay up all night. New friends of Dak will LOVE work Dak does..., as he trails off, drumming his fingers together and grinning sheepishly.

By this, he means he's stayed up all night enchanting your armor and weapons using Arcane Rejuvenation. When you use a daily power, you'll gain 12 THP. The empowerment then leaves your item until Dak recharges it.

He hobbles over to whomever is still sleeping, poking their heads and whispering, Wake, wake! Must eat, must go!

CalebRoberts
2012-07-21, 12:50 AM
He proceeds to continue flipping owlbear steaks.

Infernion is furious that he is being ignored. He spreads his wings wide and flies up out of the clearing.

Perception: [roll0]+5 = 9

Rausdower
2012-07-21, 02:37 AM
Lucius stares at the...Dak...for a moment then proceeds to set his utensils down and begin frustratingly rubbing his face for a very long time making intermittent sighs in the meanwhile.

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-22, 01:10 PM
Mai-Sal

Mai stirred from her slumber as she heared what sounded like the human and the draconic man fighting over something, no doubt who gets the last owlbear flank steak. She shuddered at the thought and rolled over, burying her face in her pillow in hopes of getting a few more "zzz's" in before having to make her daily preparations, when she heard some odd mumbling in a voice she didn't recognize, and then felt someone rudely poking her in the head. Mai sat up with a start and turned to face...a strange green-skinned man--which she immediately recognized as a Githzerai--telling her she had to get up and eat and get ready to go.

"So, you must be what the men were shouting about," she said calmly, assessing the situation as she arose and withdrew from her pack a set of strange-looking dice inlaid with runes on their many sides. "Well let's see what this portends. I'm not superstitious, mind you, just curious." She rolled the three dice on the nearest flat surface she could find, and blanched at their results--although her discontent quickly gave way to a warm smile as invigorating energies washed over her.

"You're a magic item tinkerer, aren't you? One who studies magic as a science," she asked with a knowing look in her eyes, as she recalled learning of such artisans and crafters who delve deeper into the intricacies of the mystical energies that fuel item enchantments. "I gather you're either sent by our employer, who must not believe we can handle our mission on our own, or we did you a favor of some sort, most likely by killing those owlbears. Either way, thank you for the refreshment, but I'm a vegetarian, and I'd prefer you ask next time before handling my property."

Great Dane
2012-07-22, 10:24 PM
Hearing Mai's words, Dak bows his head in a sign of repentance. Oooh, Dak not think, Dak act. So sorry to touch precious items. But items strong now!

Moving over to the archer and the paladin on all-fours, Dak begins to pay close attention to Evalie's bow.

Irish Musician
2012-07-24, 11:26 AM
ALL
You sit down for the morning and have a, very nice actually, breakfast with this new, quite odd, creature cooking for you all. You are not quite sure why he is here, but you are glad for the extra pair of hands for the task before you. You pack up camp, stamp out the fire, and move along the road.

It takes you about another half day to get to the part of the forest in which you want to enter. As you walk through the forest, you start to notice, even for those of you who aren't too observant, that there are tracks everywhere and drag marks in places, and they all seem to be going in the same direction. Whoever was going this way obviously wasn't trying to cover up their tracks, as if they were not afraid of someone finding them.

About thirty minutes after entering the forest, you start to hear these very odd, and disturbing noises coming from in front of you. Some screeches and yells, but not those of animals....at least, you don't think so anyway. When you get closer to the noise, you start to see a clearing about 100 feet ahead of you, and you see fire and movement in that clearing as well.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-24, 11:57 PM
Infernion

Eventually Infernion cools down from his rage at the imagined slight. He rejoins the group as they pack up. He says no words of apology to Dak, even going so far as to ignore him.

As the travel procedes the small Red trots along with the horses, using his still small (for a dragon's) wings to make the going easier.

Every time the hyperactive little Dak glances at him, Infernion gives a ruthless glare, his eyes and scales flashing fiery red.

As they near the clearing Infernion pulls up quickly, hiding his bulk behind a large tree. In a whisper he says "I am about as quiet as a bull with bells on its horns. Evaile, can you scout ahead for us. We can deal the death blow quickly after." The crocodile teeth show in the harrowing grin.

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-25, 03:19 PM
Mai-Sal

"I'll go, too. I can be very quiet when I wish to be," Mai whispers, before adding with a smirk, "Plus, if things turn sour, I can at least slow them down before you men boldly come to our rescue."

She's not kidding either, Mai-Sal's Sneak is +16. Yay for being an assassin. :smallbiggrin:

Great Dane
2012-07-25, 10:49 PM
Dak, who has been walking with his hands under his cloak thus far, crouches and peers through whatever plantlife impedes his vision in order to see what might be in the clearing, without getting too close or needing any sort of stealthy movements.

What IS it, what IS it... he whispers over and over.

[roll0]
Arcane check to see if any strong magic is in the area, and if so, what the source might be: [roll1]

Dak turns to the rest of the group and whispers, Strange men jumping! JUMPING. Chaanting. Many dead people on ground. And strangeSTRANGE magic...calling something...

CalebRoberts
2012-07-26, 10:56 AM
Infernion

"Bah! The Devils are summoning something. We have to stop it now or face whatever comes through."

Infernion moves quickly to the edge of the clearing, hoping the others follow. He tries to move as quietly as he can.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: 15 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13620153&postcount=188)

Ascy
2012-07-26, 05:05 PM
Ewin

The tiefling found himself - to his own surprise! - agreeing with the impulsive dragonborn. As quietly as possible, he draws his sword from the sheath and prepares himself for the oncoming fight.
Although he had not exchanged a single word with the newest member of the group, he expected the gith to lack the mental clarity to lure them into a trap.

He whispers:
"Mordai are unpredictable, and to wait longer would be dangerous. We should strike fast and hard."
With a face showing traces of regret, he adds:
"And try to catch a couple of them alive. I want answers."

Rausdower
2012-07-26, 05:51 PM
Lucius

"Never thought I'd say this, but I'm with Red. The more time we spend tiptoeing around them, the more time they have to bring some ninth-layer best friend around for us to meet. I lead the charge and all of you follow behind."

Great Dane
2012-07-26, 06:13 PM
In one motion Dak stands straight up, throwing both hands in the air, his cloak revealing what was once covered:

-Seemingly as a reaction to the cloak being thrown back, a hinged mechanism activates, reading a massive crossbow that was once hidden, strapped to Dak's back. Upon taking hold of the crossbow, the mechanism retreats to a belt holster.

-The crossbow is a work of art. Covered in dials, switches, and levers, the wielder of this weapon can meticulously adjust how powerful the bolt fired from the weapon can be. Adorning the top of the crossbow is a finely-tuned scope.

-Suspenders criss-cross a leather jerkin covering his upper body, and covering each pectoral is a blue glowing disk of arcane energy that looks like it could be easily and accurately hurled through the air.

-Covering his arms are thin leather bracers that crackle with energy. They appear to rocket anything leaving Dak at a higher rate of speed than normal. His hands wear gloves with the fingertips removed, presumably to aid when pulling the trigger as well as giving him greater touch when healing someone.

-Around his neck hangs a medallion of a dragon, sparkling with arcane power.

At once, a sinister grin crosses his face. Dak aim true! Dak hope all foes DEAD before you reach! HEHeheheHE.

Irish Musician
2012-07-26, 07:28 PM
ALL
As soon as Dak reveals what was hiding under his cloak, you hear monstrous, blood-curdling screams, that seem to come from all of the "dancers" at once, and a red beam, with the circumference of the clearing, seems to come out of the ground, and shoots into the sky, but doesn't seem to hurt anything or anybody. When the beam dissipates, you hear nothing but the sounds of the night, and the fire crackling.

horngeek
2012-07-26, 08:27 PM
Evalie

During the events earlier, Evalie mostly watched and listened. As the beam of light shoots into the sky, she gets her bow out, and nocks and arrow, before scanning the clearing after it clears.

Perception: [roll0]

Irish Musician
2012-07-26, 09:23 PM
Infernion
When the beam comes up you notice that you, too, light up a bit and some of the light touches you. It doesn't hurt, or even feel like anything, physically. When it touches you, you notice that it seems as all the bad things that have every happened to you come flooding to the front of your memory, and whatever joy you have inside is gone.

As soon as the beam is done, you look up where the crazed enemies are, still slightly illuminated, and you lock eyes with a human you hadn't seen before. You stare at each other for a few seconds and then.......

ALL
......everyone hears a booming voice, "INTRUDERS!! THEY ARE IN THE TREES!! PROTECT THE HIGH PRIEST WITH YOUR LIVES!!!"

If that didn't clue you in, initiative :smallbiggrin:
the order will be up soon. I'll roll everyone's, just simpler that way. As soon as I get an order, we will start comabt and I'll make another IC post.

Irish Musician
2012-07-26, 10:28 PM
ROUND 1
The other human that was guarding the opening immediately sees Infernion, crouched. He runs up to get a better look, firing a crossbow at him, trying to hit him. Some of the crazed, oddly shaped, followers jump into action as well. A couple of them see Infernion and run towards him, clawing at him as they reach him. But the other two don't seem to spot him, wandering in different directions. The other sentry moves from his position, the one who called the alarm, and takes aim not at Infernion, but into the woods behind him, seeing if Infernion is alone.

Actions
HM2
Move - to P8
Standard - Crossbow vs AC on Infernion [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]

CC1.3
Move - to I12
Standard - Claw vs AC [roll2]
Damage - 8 damage, ongoing 5

CC3.3
Move - to K12
Standard - Claw vs AC [roll3]

HM1
Move - to I5
Standard - Crossbow vs AC on Dak [roll4] (-5 Included)
Damage - [roll5]

So doing combat slightly different this time. Going to group all of you guys together, and put some enemies before and after you in the round. I will give 24 hours to post during your turn, after that you will be on delay. If you happen no to be able to post by the end of the round, the round will start over and you will keep your place. The next round, you can pick up with your turn. We will see how this works. Make any knowledge checks for these guys you can make. I'll say that religion, nature, history, and arcana might be of good use. But make any knowledge checks you want to make, as long as you are trained in them.

For your turns like last time, since you are grouped up together, you don't have to go in the specific order on the map. Also, don't forget to check your rolls and fill in your damage on the tracker!:smallbiggrin:

Great Dane
2012-07-26, 11:12 PM
Dak sees Infernion creep up to the treeline and sees one of the enemies take aim at him. Seeking to disrupt his attack and bolster his ally's defenses, he lets loose an electric bolt.

Immediate Interrupt: Shocking Feedback against the attack coming from HM2, before the CC.3s.

Trigger: An enemy hits and deals damage to one of your allies with an attack

[roll0] vs. AC for [roll1] lightning damage. If I hit, the ally gains resist 5 all until the end of my next turn (negating 10 damage done to him.)

Great Dane
2012-07-26, 11:23 PM
Dak lets loose cackling laughter as the bolt strikes true, filling the enemy's bolt with energy. Upon striking Infernion, it appears to deflect off of his armor a bit and causes the dragonborn to shimmer with a warding glow. One claw attack whiffs while the other still strikes his ally but doesn't seem to be as effective.

Dak shouts out, Dak kill the hirelings! They do not worship! Standing in front of his allies, he aims his crossbow at the same mercenary who shot at Infernion. Magic swirls around the bolt as he fires, then coats Dak's nearby allies.

Move from K15 to M14
Standard: Greater Magic Weapon against HM2, [roll0] vs. AC for [roll1] damage. Hit or miss, Evalie, Ewin and Mai all gain a +4 to attack rolls and damage rolls until the start of my next turn. (AKA feel free to crack encounters, action points, etc! Let's mop up these small fries before the big guy comes...)
HM1 and HM2 are human mercenaries. They wear pendants around their neck.

The effects of the shot empower the genasi, elf, and tiefling's weaponry so much so that their next attacks will strike truer and harder.

Rausdower
2012-07-26, 11:53 PM
"Time to say hi!", the fighter yelled as he charged through the green into the thick of foes.

Charge to J11 and use threatening rush on CC4.2, i'll eat the oa's.

[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage and I mark all adjacent enemies.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-27, 12:39 AM
Infernion
description pending if the targets are minons.

Actions
Minor: Curse 1.3, 3.3
Move: J13 to J12 - provokes OA from 1.3, 3.3 - Lucius can make MBA if they attack Infernion
Standard: Infectious Curse vs CC4.3 (Provokes OA if 1.3, 3.3 did not take it before)
Attack: [roll0] vs FORT = Miss

Miss: By choosing to take psychic damage equal to 5 + one-half your level, you do not expend this power and you gain a +4 power bonus to the attack roll with this power against the same target before the end of your next turn. You cannot reduce the damage you take in any way.
Action Point! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13624464&posted=1#post13624464)
37 vs FORT, 20 damage, slide 3 to K9
-1.3, 3.3 take 10 Fire and Acid damage from Action point feature
Save vs Damage: FAIL (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13624503#post13624503)
NOTE: 1.2, 2.2, 3.2, 4.2 will all be cursed when their turn starts
NOTE II: the missing roll is the damage roll for the Missed attack. I guess i should have just left it in, sorry.

Ascy
2012-07-27, 03:46 AM
Ewin

With the element of surprise lost, Ewin moves forward to clear the right flank.
On his mental command, the iron longsword in his right hand begins to glow in a dim reddish hue that nearly matches his skin color.
In a swift move, he stabs towards the stomach of the nearest cultist, putting his weight behind the strike.

And as always: everybody gets a +1 shield bonus to AC, thanks to the Devout Protector feat.
Move Action: Move to M12

Minor Action: Activate Bradaman's Sword: Until the end of the encounter, Divine Challenge can target 2 creatures.

Standard Action: Righteous Smite vs. CC2.3
[roll0]
On Hit: [roll1]
Ewin and each ally within 5 squares gains 9 temp. HP.

Irish Musician
2012-07-27, 09:07 AM
Lucius
You charge past the crazed humans, but you lets your defenses drop in doing so, and they see the opening....and take advantage of it.

Two Claw Attacks on you
1.3 - [roll0]
Damage - 8 Damage, ongoing 5

3.3 - [roll1]

Irish Musician
2012-07-27, 09:40 AM
Infernion
As you shoot at the foe a little ways away, you leave your defenses open, and both the humans that hit Lucius swipe at you as well.
Two claw attacks, before they get killed.
1.3 - [roll0]
Damage - 8 damage

3.3 - [roll1]
Damage - 8 damage

You are already taking ongoing, they don't stack.

Mai and Evalie are up!

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-27, 06:54 PM
Mai-Sal

Mai grins at the cultists, who are so neatly packed together for her. She claps her staff and orb together again, focusing onto the end of her staff another ball of electric energy, which she tosses straight at a cultist on the left side of the clearing. The ball explodes in a large blast of lightning, searing anyone who comes into contact with it.

Shock Sphere centered at I-7, area burst 2 vs. Reflex (taking into account the +4 from Dak)
CC1.1: [roll0]
CC2.1: [roll1]
CC3.1: [roll2]
CC4.1: [roll3]
HM1: [roll4]
CC1.2: [roll5]
CC2.2 [roll6]

[roll7] lightning damage, half damage on a miss (so minions are auto-killed).

horngeek
2012-07-28, 02:41 AM
Evalie breathes in and out for a moment, readying herself for the coming battle, before dashing out of the trees, an arrow speeding at both of the cultists closest to her.

Activating Skirmishing Stance, before moving and activating Twin Strike to hit CC3.2 and CC2.3.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]

Irish Musician
2012-07-30, 10:40 PM
ALL
Mai's ball of lightning gets thrown in the middle of the crazed humans. As it explodes, it burns the flesh from their bones, turning them into nothing more than smoking piles of bones and gore. Evalie rushes out of the forest, shooting at two of the three left, but her movements seem to give the remaining crazies time to just dodge her arrows. Then they, along with one of the mercenaries and the other crazy, attack again.

Actions
Move - J10
Standard - Claw VS Ac on Lucius [roll0]
Damage - 8 dmg
Move - L10
Standard - Claw VS Ac Evalie [roll1]
Damage - 8 dmg

Top of the Round
HM2
Standard - Crossbow VS AC on Evalie [roll2]
Damage - [roll3]
Standard - Claw VS Ac Ewin [roll4]
Damage - 8 dmg
HM1
Standard - Crossbow VS AC on Lucius [roll5]
Damage - [roll6]

Aaaaaaaand, you guys' turn!!

Great Dane
2012-07-30, 11:16 PM
Dak, Immediate Interrupt

Dak sees the human crossbow-wielder aim true at his elven friend. Rotating a dial located on his belt, a blast of arcane energy intercepts the shot, slowing it down and coating Evalie with healing at the point of impact.

Using Energy Conversion as an immediate interrput to help Evalie gain resist 9 against the incoming attack. This effectively grants her 9 additional hitpoints. After the damage is resolved, Evalie gains 9 THP.

I will heal Evalie from 52 to 61 HP, and grant her 9 THP on the sheet.

Seems as good a time as any to use this...

Great Dane
2012-07-30, 11:18 PM
Dak
After freeing Evalie from a bit of pain, Dak adjusts a lever on his crossbow and nocks another bolt. Upon being loaded, the bolt is infused with arcane electricity. Dak aims true and fires.

He then shouts out, Not see me! as he drops to his belly, preparing to shimmy around the tall grass. Peeking through the brush, he can still clearly see his enemies.

Move:Drop prone to protect against oncoming bolt attacks.
Standard: Arc Infusion against HM2.

[roll0] for [roll1] lightning damage.

Since I hit, Infernion can make a saving throw with a +4 bonus. (get 'er done in the OOC). If you save, the target takes an additional 5 lightning damage and is dazed. But since he didn't save, he will take the ongoing damage as normal :(

Upon striking the enemy, the bolt unleashes a crackle of lightning meant to be aimed at Infernion. However, it misses, striking a nearby tree in two as Infernion is slightly wounded more from the enemies' attacks before.

CalebRoberts
2012-07-30, 11:48 PM
Infernion

The red spreads his wings wide, and with a single sweep, springs into the air and glides to a spot next to the massive fire. His scales glow like coals on the flight and as he lands, smoke billows out of his hide, obscuring him from view.

A giant, spectral claw grabs the cultist and crushes the frail body. The crunch of broken bone is audible. The had hurls the man towards Ewin and Evalie. "I hope you can finish what I started" growls Infernion, his eyes already finding the last remaining infernal coward.

Actions
Start of Turn: Take 5 damage
Move: Fly to M6 by most direct route, gaining altitude when possible. If I can avoid OAs that is great. If not, thats fine.

Gain concealment via ShadowWalk
Minor: Curse HM1, HM2
Standard: Diabolic Grasp vs HM2
Attack: [roll0] vs FORT (+16, +1 Prime Shot, +2 CA, +1 Silver Dragon bonus)
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]

CRIT! 60 damage and slide HM2 to L12
Save vs Ongoing [roll3]
NOTE: If Infernion s hit by any opportunity attacks he will take the Pact boon when HM2 is bloodied, otherwise he will leave the curse on him.

Rausdower
2012-07-31, 01:52 AM
Lucius saw no challenge in this Infernal-tongued weakling, he bashes the human aside with his shield and sprints with a rage-fueled cry toward the stronger individual. His hammer came down swiftly on the other person with the momentum of the motion aiding him in the blow.

Move - Pass forward to J9
Standard - Charge at HM1 on I6, provoke OA
[roll0]
[roll1]

Irish Musician
2012-07-31, 08:54 AM
Lucius
Seeing a gap in his tight defenses, the crazed zealot next to Lucius claws at him.

OA - [roll0]
Damage - 8 dmg

Ewin, Evalie, and Mai still to go!

Dacia Brabant
2012-07-31, 10:58 PM
Mai-Sal

Mai grinned, still seeing a number of cultists and one of their apparent leaders before her. She raised her staff and sonic blasts immediately went out from it, one aimed at each hostile within several paces of her.

Beguiling Strands, friendly close blast 5 between J10-N14, vs. Will:
HM2: [roll0]
CC4.1: [roll1]
CC3.2: [roll2]
CC2.3: [roll3]
Hit: 13 psychic and thunder damage and the target is pushed 5 squares. For HM2 I believe that would be G7 if it hits.

Ascy
2012-08-01, 12:18 PM
Ewin

Ewin barely had time to react as Infernion's spell threw the bloodied man next to him. Purely on instinct, his left arm straightened in a backhanded shield bash, followed up by a quick strike with his longsword.

Standard Action: Valorous Smite vs. HM2
[roll0]
Each enemy within 3 squares (HM2 + CC4.1) is subject to divine sanction until the end of Ewin's next turn.

Minor Action: Call of Challenge
Each target within 3 squares (HM2 + CC4.1) is target to divine sanction until the end of next turn.

Move Action: Shift to N11
(+1 to AC and Ref until the end of next turn)

horngeek
2012-08-02, 08:10 AM
Evalie scowls, drawing her sword and dealing a punishing blow to the cultist next to her.

Finishing Cut on HM2.

To hit: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]
I think he's bloodied, but in case he isn't and I'm just tired, I'll roll the 'if bloodied' damage of Finishing Cut seperately: [roll2]

Irish Musician
2012-08-02, 08:53 AM
ALL
Mai takes another two cultists out with her magics, and Evalie takes out her sword, slashing at the mercenary that had been pulled into the fray, killing him by creating a great gash in his chest.

The last cultist, as a last ditch effort, charges Lucius, clawing at Lucius with his unusually long, and tough, fingernails. The other man standing, the last merc, takes a step back from Lucius and runs into the opening after seeing his counterpart slain, which at this close a range, you can tell is an opening that leads down to somewhere.

Actions
CC4.1
Standard - Charge Lucius to I7 [roll0]
Damage - 8 dmg, 5 ongoing (save ends)

HM1
Move - Shift to J4
Standard to Move - Goes through the opening.

You guys are up!

Great Dane
2012-08-02, 09:06 AM
With only one target remaining, Dak crawls close to Mai. Pushing a button on his crossbow that has seen much wear, he fires another bolt at the remaining enemy.

Standard: Magic Weapon against CC4.1, [roll0] vs. AC, if I hit, Mai gets a +1 to attack rolls and a +4 to damage rolls EONT.

Irish Musician
2012-08-02, 09:10 AM
All the baddies are now dead or gone. You can choose to run after the last guy, or you can stay here for a moment, rest and have a look around. The choice......is yours........:smallamused:

Great Dane
2012-08-02, 09:22 AM
With the last enemy slain, Dak reaches for the disks strapped to his chest. Adjusting a slider on his crossbow, he fits each in separately, blessing them with his glove, and fires at his wounded allies.

Expertly fired at the elf and human, each expects the metallic-looking disks to painfully shatter across their chest. But at the last moment, the casings break away, showering the recipient with arcane blessing, filling their wounds with energy and healing.

Evalie and Lucius each spend a surge + 10, plus...
Evalie: [roll0]
Lucius: [roll1], thanks to my Gloves of the Healer.

Dak will second wind to get to full, and looks like Infernion will need to as well. Mai and Ewin lucked out :smalltongue:

He'll start a short rest if applicable I vote short rest, it would be nice to take that guy out but we don't know what's waiting for us. Let's go down fully ready.

Standing and coming out into the clearing, Dak punches a button on his belt. The same grappling arm device snatches the crossbow from his hand and straps it to his back as before, and retreats to its pouch. Drawing his cloak over his shoulders once again, he piles the dead together and sifts through their belongings. What do they have? What do they have? he chants.

Searcing the bodies for loot...

He then walks a lap around the clearing on all fours, looking for anything interesting, before carefully eyeing the opening. Lead somewhere...MUST follow!

CalebRoberts
2012-08-02, 10:38 AM
Infernion

The dragon paces in front of the cave opening. angrily he growls "Were letting them get away and fortify." His blood is up and his caution gone. He heads down the steps, smoke billowing from his scales. He at least tries to walk quietly.

Stealth: 28! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13659833#post13659833)
Short Rest
Spend 1 surge 84/88
10/11 surges remain

Rausdower
2012-08-03, 02:01 AM
Ignoring the diseased wounds and the magical mending by Dak, Lucius follows the Dragonborn mumbling something along the lines of "Scrawny newt bastard" along the way.

Save rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Irish Musician
2012-08-03, 10:16 PM
ALL
Everyone takes a minute, and rests after that fight. You aren't incredibly tired after it, but you do notice a you are winded a little more than you should be. You look around at the bodies of the crazy, the best word you come up with is "cultists", and they are painted completely red, with only a loincloth on. Their hair is matted, as well as their facial hair, and they all seems to have cuts and scars all over themselves. There are also some banners that you see, with symbols that some of you may recognize, but some of you don't. Dak runs around and searches the bodies. The cultists literally have nothing on them, but the merc that was killed has some gold on him, along with his weapons and armor.....and a trinket.

After your rest, and survey of the area, Infernion and Lucius march down the opening, which has some make-shift stairs made of dirt. The tunnel goes down for about 40 feet, till you are far underground. You get to the bottom of the Stair and Infernion stops you all, getting to t he bottom first.

Loot: 2400g, and the trinket

I am going to message Infernion and let him know what he sees, Also, Caleb, make a perception check in the OOC. Everyone else can make a perception check, or whatever other check for what you saw on the surface, after the battle, in the OOC.

Ascy
2012-08-04, 06:29 AM
Ewin

After the short but intense battle, Ewin looks over the cultists' mutilated bodies.
His mouth shows an expression of barely hidden disgust.

"Zealots. At least now we know diplomacy is out of the question."

He takes a long look at the banners that now lie on the ground, before he moves towards the opening.

"Come on, let's not waste any more time. By now they'll know we're here.
I'll take rear guard."

CalebRoberts
2012-08-05, 11:25 AM
Before the others reach the dugout hallway, Infernion gets a good look at what awaits them. He scrambles back up the stairs, meeting the party as they are descending. "Bah! The devils are protecting a door inscribed with some type of magic. It looks like ther ready for us, too" His scaled lips curl back into the crocodile smile. "It looks like we are going to have to fight our way through"

Infernion wheels around, slinking back down the stairs and into position for an attack.

Dacia Brabant
2012-08-05, 09:35 PM
Mai-Sal

Even though she was expecting something like that, Mai still stopped in her tracks as something Infernion said disconcerted her.

"Wait, are they actual devils, or just more zealots?" she whispered her question, before getting herself situated (and sufficiently hidden, she hoped) for battle.

Sneak: [roll0]

Great Dane
2012-08-05, 10:24 PM
Slinking over to the group, Dak says, Dak not care who they are. Mother says Dak fight until noNONO crazies left!

Following behind the group, the githzerai rearms his crossbow and readies for an assault.

Irish Musician
2012-08-05, 11:28 PM
ALL
As you are discussing what move you would like to make, you all hear a sound. The doors in the other room flash a deep, red light and opens. A woman, by the way she acts and how the others listen to her she is obviously some sort of leader, talks to the others in the room and they all nod, turning their attention to the doorway. As she gives the last of her orders, the doors behind her close, and flash the same deep, red light. All of them ready their weapons and the two cultists that you have fought before start to move towards the opening......towards you.

Ok, so, start of combat. Thematically, I see this as they orders are given, the bad guys are ready, and a couple of them start walking towards the good guys they don't know are there and BOOM, the fighting starts. It is you guys turn in initiative. Since you guys are all next to each other, you don't have to go in the certain order you are currently in, as we have done before(which will be the norm fro now on). So, have fun storming the castle.....

Great Dane
2012-08-05, 11:53 PM
Dak arms his crossbow and fires toward the crowd, aiming to hit one of the cultists with an empowered bolt. Upon firing, his nearby allies are coated with magical energies which will temporarily strengthen them.

ACTION POINT: Scouring Weapon against M1:
[roll0] vs. AC for [roll1]+[roll2]damage. (extra point of attack + d6 is from action point, lasts until end of my next turn) If I hit, M1 is at a -2 to his AC until end of next turn.

Standard: Greater Magic Weapon against M1:
[roll3] vs. AC for [roll4] + [roll5] damage. (extra d6 is from action point, lasts until end of my next turn)
Evalie, Mai, Lucius, and Ewin gain a +4 to attack rolls and damage rolls until end of my next turn. Use an action point and make some pain happen!
Arcana monster check on the "L" mob: [roll6]

The crossbow-wielding enemy is pelted by a volley of bolts and is left soaked in scalding acid. He's left temporarily vulnerable to further attacks.

Dak says to the group, She-Crazy wears magic pendant! CAUTION

...but that's all I find out with my arcana check. Nature check anyone?

Rausdower
2012-08-06, 12:05 AM
"If we see any demon-freaks, maybe we can get Red over there to tell them we come in pea-"

The opening doors interrupted his sentence.

"Never mind."

The human was the first in the room, charging headlong towards the weak fanatics.

Move + Charge to K10

Threatening Rush at CC1
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage

Mark CC1 + CC2

CalebRoberts
2012-08-06, 12:39 AM
Infernion

With a draconic roar Infernion surges forward. He comes abreast Lucius, smiling wickedly at the fighter. Smoke pours from the dragon's scales. The crossbowman takes aim but is wrenched off of his feet by a red, spectral claw. He is deposited under the withering gaze of the awesome weapons master Lucius.

Move: K4 to L10, Gain Shadow Walk (concealment)
Minor: Curse CC2, Merc 1
Standard: Diabolic Grasp vs Merc 1 (FORT)
Attack: [roll0] (16+1(dragon bonus)+2 CA (ShadowWalk)
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]+[roll3]psychic
slide Merc 1 to K11
brutal 1 re-roll = 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13678057&postcount=263)

30 total damage- bloodies Merc 1 - Infernion gains 12 THP

Irish Musician
2012-08-06, 12:52 AM
Infernion
Running into combat, stopping just in front of a cultist and sending his magics to one of the mercenaries. Dropping his defenses for a moment, the cultist sees an opening.

Claw Attack: [roll0]

Evalie, Mai and Ewin are up! & Lucius roll your mark attack for the Cultist not including you.

Ascy
2012-08-06, 05:32 AM
Ewin

The whole party erupted into action as soon as the door opened, rendering any discussions about tactics moot.
With a resigned sigh, Ewin follows his companions and charges into the room, plate armor clanking with every stride.

Minor Action: Activate Bradaman's Sword: Until the end of the encounter, Divine Challenge can target 2 creatures.

Move Action: Move to L8

Standard Action: Charge CW 1 with Virtuous Strike
[roll0]
[roll1], radiant

Rausdower
2012-08-06, 10:09 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

And I push him back one square to L12 so his attack doesn't even go through.

Dacia Brabant
2012-08-06, 06:40 PM
Mai-Sal

Mai takes a step forward and scrutinizes the apparent leader for a quick moment, hoping to find some weak spot on her.

Move action to shift to L3.
Monster knowledge check on the Leader:

[roll0] (assuming she's a living human; +2 for Arcana/Religion or -2 for Dungeoneering)

Depending on the roll I'll use Use Vulnerability as my minor action. Will post my standard action afterward.

Dacia Brabant
2012-08-07, 09:32 PM
Mai-Sal

Mai smiled knowingly at the leader, going so far as to salute her with her staff, when suddenly lightning begins cascading around the genasi from head to foot. She gathers that innate energy together with the usual electricity from striking her orb and staff together, then tosses that ball into the mercenaries' midst, exploding on impact.

Feeling not quite satisfied, Mai raised her staff high and, seemingly out of nowhere, calls down a lightning storm onto the same spot as her lightning orb had erupted, obscuring the area and threatening harm to anyone who dared enter it.

"Nothing personal!" she yelled, the mercenary leader her intended audience, and with the energies she invoked her voice must have carried like thunder. "Since we're both women of action I know you'll understand."

Sorry for taking so long on this, it's been a long workday and it's a big turn.

Free action: Use Vulnerability, gaining +Int to damage and +4 power bonus to all defenses vs. the Leader until the end of my next turn. (I had thought this was a minor action, so wasn't I happy to learn it's a free action.)

Minor action: Promise of Storm racial ability, gaining +2d8 damage with thunder or lightning powers as well as +1 to hit and +6 to damage per Elemental Echo.

Standard action: Shock Sphere, unfriendly burst 2 centered at L-13, vs. Reflex (+1 from Elemental Echo, +4 from GMW; I didn't include CA since I don't know if Mai is hidden from the enemies).

Merc1: [roll0]
Merc2: [roll1]
L: [roll2]
TC1: [roll3]

Hit: [roll4] + [roll5] lightning damage (and +2 more vs. the leader due to GMW and Use Vulnerability being power bonuses); half damage on a miss.

Action point! Me, Dak and Evalie ignore slowed/immobilized/restrained conditions until the end of my next turn.

Standard action: Winter's Wrath, unfriendly burst 2 centered at L-13, vs. Fortitude; changing damage type from cold to lightning per Paragon Path.

Merc1: [roll6]
Merc2: [roll7]
L: [roll8]
TC1: [roll9]

Hit: [roll10] + [roll11] lightning damage (and again +2 more vs. the leader).
Effect: the burst creates zone that lasts UEMNT or if dismissed as a minor action. Zone is lightly obscured and any creature ending its turn in it takes 6 lightning damage.

Since both attacks are evocations they ignore all resistance (but not immunity) and I can reroll one 1 on a damage die.

Irish Musician
2012-08-08, 08:32 AM
EVALIE
Evalie, knocking an arrow, rushes forward into combat. She seems to focus on the other Merc remaining, drawing back her bow and letting her arrow fly.

Actions
Minor - Quarry Merc 2
Move - to L8
Standard - Eager Pursuit - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Quarry - I don't know what it is, so he can roll it later.

If I didn't add, or added too much, we will figure it out later.

Irish Musician
2012-08-08, 08:57 AM
Enemies
The two Tieflings jump into action, teleporting all over the cave, and they seem to teleport you guys as well, leaving you in their place. While the Merc jumps in to action, attacking.....

Actions
TC1
Standard - Soul Fire on L9 VS Ref
Luc - [roll0]
Infer - [roll1]
Evalie - [roll2]
Damage - [roll3], ongoing 10 fire damage(save ends), and the first time the target willingly moves closer to TC1, it takes 10 psychic damage.
Move - Teleport to F10, Attack on Ewin, [roll4] VS Will
Damage - [roll5], Ewin is Teleported to N15

TC2
Standard - Soul Fire on L9 VS Ref
Luc - [roll6]
Infer - [roll7]
Evalie - [roll8]
Damage - [roll9], ongoing 10 fire damage(save ends), and the first time the target willingly moves closer to TC1, it takes 10 psychic damage.
Move - Teleport to Q10, Attack on Lucius, [roll10] VS Will
Damage - [roll11], Lucius is Teleported to I15

Great Dane
2012-08-08, 09:17 AM
Dak could not see the source of the flames, but realized they were about to wash over his new elven friend. Pushing a button on his belt, arcane energy in the form of a wave washed over Evalie just in time to help coat her against the oncoming flames.

Immediate Interrupt: using Energy Conversion to give Evalie Resist 9 against one Soul Fire attack; I will re-add her HP to her total. After the attack is resolved, she gains 9THP.

Irish Musician
2012-08-08, 09:30 AM
Enemies Continued
The other enemies jump into action as well, the two soldiers going after Ewin, as well as getting out of their ranged enemies line of sight. The two casters snarl at the sight of Ewin, and unleash their devil-blessed powers against him.

Actions
Merc2
Move - to I14
Standard - Press the advantage vs AC on Lucius [roll0]
Damage - [roll1], Lucius is pushed 1 square(I16) and dazed (save ends)

Leader
Move - to H13
Standard - Glaive vs AC on Lucius [roll2]
Damage - [roll3], Leader can slide target 1 square

CW1
Move - Shift to R12
Standard - Desiccating Curse VS Ewin [roll4] VS Fort
Damage - [roll5], Ewin gets -2 to all defenses(save ends)

CW2
Move - to F14
If CW1's attack hits, then he will use on Ewin:
Standard - Scour the Cursed vs Will [roll6]
Damage - [roll7], if target has effects of Desiccating Curse on him, takes another [roll8] damage
If CW1's attack misses, he will use Desiccating Curse on Ewin:
Standard - Desiccating Curse VS Ewin [roll9] VS Fort
Damage - [roll10], Ewin gets -2 to all defenses(save ends)

Irish Musician
2012-08-08, 09:59 AM
Enemies:the Third
Everyone in the room sees 4 portals appear around Ewin. And out steps 4 devils all around him with longswords, and the portals diappear. They smile large, menacing smiles and say something to each other and to him in a language you do not understand. Then they attack.

Actions
All againt Ewin, if you can't tell, they don't like Ewin very much :smallwink:
LDH 1.1
Standard - [roll0] VS AC
Damage - 10 dmg, and Ewin will take 4 fire dmg if he willingly moves during his next turn
LDH 1.2
Standard - [roll1] VS AC
Damage - 10 dmg, and Ewin will take 4 fire dmg if he willingly moves during his next turn
LDH 2.1
Standard - [roll2] VS AC
LDH 2.2
Standard - [roll3] VS AC

TOP OF ROUND 2!!!

Dacia Brabant
2012-08-09, 08:45 PM
Mai

Unable to see all the commotion in the room, Mai steps forward intending to bring their leader to her knees--only to gasp at seeing a bleeding Ewin surrounded by devils. Wasting no time, she conjures another fountain of lightning out of the ground in front of them, empowering it with her own inner storm. Though the fountain continues sparking after the initial burst, none of it goes in Ewin's direction.

She quickly pivots and points at the leader. "Let her live, she's better than these freaks," she says, making sure everyone hears her.

Move action to move to M9.
Standard action to use Fountain of Flame (changed to lightning per her Paragon Path), friendly burst 1 centered at Q12. The attack is vs. Reflex (GWM, Promise of Storm and Elemental Echo still in effect).

LDH1.1: [roll0]
LDH1.2: [roll1]
LDH2.1: [roll2]
LDH2.2: [roll3]
CW1: [roll4]

Hit: [roll5] + [roll6] lightning damage. Miss: half damage.
Effect: The burst 1 creates a zone centered at Q12, lasting UEMNT. Any enemy entering zone or ending its turn there takes 5 lightning damage.

And that's the end of my nova.

Great Dane
2012-08-09, 09:00 PM
Sensing some dark arcane magic was afoot, Dak charged down the hall, only to see a huge burst of lightning dissipate, leaving four dead devils surrounding a very bloodied Ewin. Grabbing the disk over his left pectoral and locking it into his crossbow, Dak fired at the tiefling, coating him in healing arcane energy. Spinning around and aiming at the leader, Dak hoped to pin her in the shoulder with a bolt infused with lightning. Genasi has good idea! he mutters as he fired.

Moveto K8
Minor: Curative Admixture (first of 2) on Ewin = surgeless healing. Spend a surge + 10 + [roll0].
Standard: Arc Infusion against Leader: [roll1] vs. AC for [roll2] nonlethal lightning damage.

Those who had a +4 to attacks/damage no longer enjoy that benefit.

THHP! The bolt stuck in the leader's shoulder as blood spilled from the wound. The magic infused with the bolt mixed with the female warrior's blood, flew through the air, and splashed against the flames currently coating Infernion.

Make a save, at a +4 bonus. If you save, she takes 5 more damage and is dazed until the end of my next turn.

Dak shouts out, Avoid warlock power! They weaken! They harm!

CalebRoberts
2012-08-10, 12:33 AM
Infernion

Infernion's own fire overwhelms the flames burning him. He glides quickly to Lucius' back and spits a gob of fire at the mercenary. The man dodges easily, much to the dragon's chagrin.

Move: Walk to L14, gain shadow walk
Minor: Curse Merc 2, L
Standard: Hellish Rebuke vs Merc 2 (REF)
Attack: [roll0] (17+1(dragon)+2(CA))
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]

Ascy
2012-08-10, 10:26 AM
Ewin

When the devils come out of their infernal portals, Ewin's heart stops for the fraction of a second. Although he couldn't understand the whole phrases they say, their wicked smiles showed all the intent he needed to know.

"Come on, try to take me then!"

His shock and rage blend together and the tiefling raises his sword in defiance, but before he can land a strike, lightning erupts around him, charring the minions of hell as quickly as they appeared.
He gives Mai a short, thankful nod before slowly approaching the enemy in front of him, murder in his eyes.

Minor Action: Divine Mettle: Evalie makes a saving throw with a +5 bonus.

Move Action: Shift to Q13 -> +1 to AC and Ref.

Standard Action: Valorous Strike vs. CW1
[roll0]
Each target within 3 squares is subject to divine sanction.

[roll2]

Rausdower
2012-08-11, 03:51 AM
Letting his anger take hold, Lucius delivers a recklessly aimed overhead swing that, if contact is made, is almost guaranteed to ensure that this one doesn't escape like his friend.

Brash Strike vs AC

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rausdower
2012-08-11, 04:01 AM
Brutal Reroll
[roll0]

Irish Musician
2012-08-13, 02:27 PM
TC1 & TC2

The Tiefling's smile a crooked smile, and the one near Ewin doesn't need any compelling to attack him, and he does. The other one, however, turns to Mai, Dak, and Evalie and smiles a large, evil smile. He raises his rod and shoots out a small fireball, which then explodes, engulfing them all in fire.

Actions
TC1
Move - to G11
Standard - Soul Fire vs Ref on L9
Evalie - [roll0]
Dak - [roll1]
Mai - [roll2]
Damage - [roll3], ongoing 10 fire damage. the first time the target willingly moves closer to TC1 before the end of its next turn, the target takes 10 psychic damage.
Miss - Ongoing 5 fire damage
DAK CRIT - You take 30 total, and you can't save for the ongoing until after your next turn.

TC2
Standard - Soul Fire vs Ref on Q14
Ewin - [roll4]
Damage - [roll5], ongoing 10 fire damage. the first time the target willingly moves closer to the TC2 before the end of its next turn, the target takes 10 psychic damage.

Irish Musician
2012-08-13, 02:45 PM
Merc 2 & Leader

The Merc, getting hit by Lucius, and surprising that it doesn't tickle but actually hurts, slashes at Lucius himself, and then the leader takes a stab at him as well.

Actions
Merc2
Standard - (Recharged) Press the advatage AC on Lucius [roll0]
Damage - [roll1], Lucius is pushed 1 square, I16, and is dazed(save ends)
Move - If Lucius is pushed, then Merc 2 will take his spot at I15

Leader
Move - If Lucius is pushed back, she will move to H14
Standard - Glaive vs AC [roll2]
Damage - [roll3], and slides Lucius to H16 if he is moved, if not he will slide to H15

Irish Musician
2012-08-13, 03:01 PM
CW1 & 2

The robes figures in the room seem to look at each other for a second, yell something out to each other, and start casting spells, their targets unknown until they are attacked.

Actions
CW1
Move - Shift to Q11
Standard - Desiccating Curse on Ewin vs Fort [roll0]
Damage - [roll1], target gets -2 to all defenses(save ends)

CW2
Move - Shift G13
Standard - If CW1 hits then use, Scour the Cursed [roll2] VS Will on Ewin
If CW1 doesn't hit, then use Desiccating Curse on Ewin vs Fort [roll3]
Damage - For Scour - [roll4] and an extra [roll5] if he has the -2 penalty.
Damage - for Desiccating - [roll6], target gets -2 to all defenses(save ends)

Great Dane
2012-08-13, 03:07 PM
Dak -- Immediate Reaction
Seeing the warlock aiming at Ewin, Dak aimed a charged bolt and fired at the wrist of the attacker, hoping to throw off the rhythmic movements of the caster's implement.

Shocking Feedback against CW1
[roll0] vs. AC for [roll1] lightning damage, & Ewin gains resist 5 until the end of my next turn. Ewin doesn't resist any damage from CW1, but does against CW2 and any other attacks this round.

The bolt strikes true, instead blowing the hand off of the warlock and pinning it to the far wall. The warlock, already bleeding profusely, collapses from the pain and newly-gushing wound.

It was enough to throw off the warlock's spell temporarily, not striking Ewin as hard as it could. An electric shield jumps from the bolt against the wall and coats Ewin from further attacks for a few moments.

Irish Musician
2012-08-13, 07:23 PM
LDH 1.1 & 1.2
After sending out yet another of her lightning attacks, Mai sees two portals open up next to and in front of her. She then sees two devils walk through, holding swords, and smile an evil smile at her. They then use their swords on her.

Actions
LDH 1.1
Standard - [roll0] vs AC on Mai
Damage - 10 damage, 4 fire if the target moves willingly its next turn.
LDH 1.2
Standard - [roll1] vs AC on Mai

Top of the Round! You guys go in which ever order you want!

Great Dane
2012-08-13, 08:21 PM
Dak winced in pain as the flames coursed across his skin. Trying to shrug it off, he moved into the room so he could see everyone, attempting to dodge the blade that swung at him in the process. Arming the second of his two healing devices, he fired again at Ewin, attempting to stop the massive amounts of bleeding from the tiefling. Once in the room, he punched a specific combination into his crossbow, and out of it popped a massive scope. Setting up next to Infernion, he took aim and fired a precise shot at the cultist.

Move: K8 to K12 (eating one AOO from LDH1.2), and diagonal to M14, adjacent to Infernion. If, on the AOO, I am hit for a 27 or 28 vs. AC I will activate my immediate interrupt power Iron Mind to gain a +2 bonus to all defenses, EONT.

Minor: Activate my daily magic itemon my crossbow, which grants me 12THP and a +4 to my next attack roll.

Standard: Magic Weaponon Leader: [roll0] vs AC for [roll1] untyped damage. On a hit, Infernion gains a +1 to attack rolls and a +4 to damage rolls EONT.

Save vs. ongoing: [roll2]

Great Dane
2012-08-13, 08:33 PM
Infernion

Seeing numerous bleeding enemies made Inferion gleeful with delight. A bellow grew in his throat as he shifted around the room, glaring at the nearest enemy, and roared a scream of terror.

Move from L14 to H10 avoiding AOOs, gaining concealment
Minor: Curse the nearest enemy (TC1)
Standard: Howl of Doom, close blast 3 targeting TC1, L, and CW2

TC1: [roll0]
L: [roll1]
CW2: [roll2], all against fort.
Damage: All three enemies are cursed, so [roll3]+[roll4] damage, + [roll5] psychic damage.

Rerolls on three curse dice if any come up 1:

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Irish Musician
2012-08-13, 09:13 PM
Dak
Taking the time to move farther into the room costs Dak, and the new devil swings his sword at him, seeing an opening.

OA - [roll0] VS AC

Rausdower
2012-08-16, 03:47 AM
As more strikes bounce off the mighty armor of the fighter, he begins to worry that this will be too easy.

Move - Shift to H14

Standard - Sweeping Blow, all attacks in CB1 vs. AC and mark all enemies

CW2 - [roll0]
Merc - [roll1]
L - [roll2]

Damage [roll3]

Rausdower
2012-08-16, 03:56 AM
With the Leader on the ground, Lucius swings his shield and strikes her gut to ensure maximum pain but limited lethality in her weakened state.

Max damage on Leader and he is also prone. Plus Merc grants CA to everyone since I hit him.

Enhancement damage [roll0]

Action Point!

Stay Down on Leader

[roll1] vs AC
[roll2] plus 9 damage

If hit, he also can't stand until EOMNT

Ascy
2012-08-16, 07:19 AM
Ewin

Shaking under the onslaught of magic but still standing, Ewin raises his shield to get a second to breathe.
From the edge of his eye he can see a pair of devils closing in on the genasi mage. A quick, nearly instinctive phrase in a guttural language immediately mends the wound that one of the devils managed to land.
The sight of the infernal minons fueled the fury within him, and he can feel his strength returning. A red shine seemed to come from within his armor as he pushes his hand on his chest, faint words glowing on the visible parts of his skin.
Invigorated, he moves behind one of the devils and slams into him, rushing to his companion's aid.

Immediate Reaction: Shield of Devotion on Mai: Mai recovers 9 HP.
Also +2 power bonus to Ewin's next attack roll vs. LDH 1.1 before the end of next turn.

Minor Action: Lay on Hands on self: Recover 24 HP and resist all +4 until the start of my next turn.

Move Action: Move to M13

Standard Action: Second Wind: Recover 24 HP and gain +2 to all defenses until the start of my next turn.

Action Point Effect: Every ally within 5 squares (all of them) regains 4 HP
Action Point Standard Action: Charge LDH1.1 with Virtuous Strike
[roll0]
Hit: [roll1], radiant
and 2+ bonus to saving throws until the start of next turn.

Dacia Brabant
2012-08-16, 11:26 AM
Mai-Sal

Mai likewise nods her thanks to Ewin for the healing shield, before sidestepping around the lesser devil (despite the pain it might cause) to flank it with Evalie. However, rather than attack him she unleashes thunderous blast at each foe in front of her.

"I hope you only knocked her out, I wanted to question her," she says to Lucius, somewhat exasperated.

Move action to shift to L10, taking the damage.
Standard action to use Beguiling Strands, friendly close blast 5, G10-K14, vs. Will.

CW2: [roll1]
L: [roll2]
Merc2: [roll3]

Hit: 13 thunder and psychic damage and pushed 5 squares.

Ugh, waste of a crit on the leader, that roll shouldn't have happened since she's down and thus not a target. My bad.

Irish Musician
2012-08-21, 08:40 AM
Evalie
Evalie knocks another two arrows, takes a step away from the devil, and shoots her arrow at it, hoping to send it back to the hells, as well as the Tiefling standing next to Infernion.

Actions
Minor - Mark TC1 with Quarry
Move - Shift to L7
Standard - Dual strike VS AC
LDH 1.2 - [roll0]
TC1 - [roll1]
Damage
LDH 1.2 - [roll2]
TC1 - [roll3], [roll4]

Irish Musician
2012-08-21, 08:57 AM
TC1 & TC2
Noticing their number dwinlding, the Tieflings seem to get energy called upon from an unknown source, and teleport, much like they did before, shooting arcane-fire at their targets.

Actions

TC1
Move - Baleful Teleport to N16, attack Ewin VS Will [roll0]
Damage - [roll1], and teleports Ewin to G11
Standard - Soul Fire, centered on H11 VS Ref
Infernion - [roll2]
Ewin - [roll3]
Damage - [roll4], and ongoing 10 fire damage(save ends), the first time the target willingly moves closer to the TC2 before the end of its next turn, the target takes 10 psychic damage.

TC2
Move - Baleful Teleport to H16, attack Lucius VS Will [roll5]
Damage - [roll6], and teleports Lucius to Q10
Standard - Soul Fire, centered on I14 VS Ref
Lucius - [roll7]
Damage - [roll8], and ongoing 10 fire damage(save ends), the first time the target willingly moves closer to the TC2 before the end of its next turn, the target takes 10 psychic damage.

Irish Musician
2012-08-21, 09:10 AM
Merc 2 & L

The merc, looking at the situation, grumbles something that no one can hear, and bolts out of the door, running as fast as he can out of the room. Meanwhile, the lady leader lays on the ground, bleeding out and slowly slipping away into the beyond.

Merc 2 run as fast as he can out of there to K4(Getting OA's from Lucius and Evalie, and the Leader makes a death savings throw [roll0]

Evalie's OA [roll1], Dam [roll2]

If Lucius misses, then Evalie kills him.

Irish Musician
2012-08-21, 09:22 AM
CW2 & LDH1
The cultist, sensing that his time was drawing near, runs to the door and starts chanting, while the runes on the door start glowing. Meanwhile, the Devil, looking at Mai right next to him, cuts at her with his sword.

Actions
CW2
Move - move to CW2, getting an OA from Lucius
Standard - Starts chanting

LDH1
Actions - Longsword on Mai, VS AC [roll0]

Top of Round 4! You guy's turn! By the way, the leader isn't doing great, health wise, so if you want answers out of her, might want to stop the massive amounts of bleeding :smallamused:

CalebRoberts
2012-08-21, 06:07 PM
NOTE: when the Leader reached 0 hp Infernion's boon triggered and he gained 12 THP

Infernion

Infernion does not know what will happen if the cultist finishes his chant but he does know it wont be good. "Don't let that one finish its chant!" he roars. THe roiling cloud of smoke that is the Dragon charges. A gout of supernatural flame spears out of the darkness within the cloud. The body of the cultist is charred beyond recognition but continues chanting at a fevered pitch.

A faint gray, oily smoke leaches from the charred body. It wafts towards Infernion and seems to be absorbed into the dark cloud. "Ahhh...your life is mine, Devil."

Actions
Start of Turn: take 10 damage
Move: H10 to J13 - Gain ShadowWalk
Minor: Curse TC2
Standard: Flames of Phlegethos vs CW2
Attack: [roll0] vs REF
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]+([roll3] psychic)
Effect: ongoing 5 fire (save ends)
Free Action: when CW2 is bloodied - Infernion recharges Fell Might and CW2 is no longer cursed.
No Action: Hellfire heart - target takes 6 more fire damage and -2 to attacks EU Infernion NT
end of turn: save vs ongoing
[roll4]
[roll5]

Great Dane
2012-08-22, 03:32 AM
Out of options and blood slowly seeping from his wounds, Dak goes back-to-back with the caster and fires a bolt at the chanting devil, hoping to bolster her attack prowess. He then applies a touch of healing to himself to quell the constant damage he was taking...because a dead healer is not an effective healer.

Move: M14 to M11, to L11 (avoiding moving closer to the TCs)
Standard: Magic Weapon against CW2
[roll0] vs. AC for [roll1]damage and on a hit, Mai gains +1 to attack rolls and +4 to damage rolls EONT.
Minor: Swift Mender on myself, grants a saving throw.

Save from Swift Mender:
[roll2]
[roll3] if needed

Save at end of turn:
[roll4]
[roll5] if needed

Ascy
2012-08-22, 01:57 PM
Ewin

The tiefling's movements become slower as the battle takes its toll.
After a quick glace over the room, Ewin notices that the knocked down leader has started to bleed out. He moves closer to the unconscious figure, kneeling down and lays a hand on her head, mumbling a quick prayer.

Move Action: Shift to G12 -> +1 to AC and Ref (Boots property)

Minor Action: Virtue: Gain 24 temp. HP

Standard Action: Stabilize the Leader
[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

Dacia Brabant
2012-08-22, 06:11 PM
Mai-Sal

"Ungh! Smile, devil, you'll get your due soon enough," Mai growls back at the devilish foe beside, but rather than take him on she sends arcing bolts of lightning from her staff toward both the chanting cultist and the wounded tiefling.

Mai will stay put rather than take the extra damage, so no move or minor actions.

Standard action: Arc Lighting at TC1 and CW2, Range 10 vs. Reflex, including Magic Weapon.
CW2: [roll1]
Hit: [roll2] lightning damage.

Save vs. ongoing: [roll3]

Irish Musician
2012-08-23, 08:44 AM
ALL
Infernion sends magic fire at the Cultist, burning him in a giant ball of fire, but the cultist seems to just keep chanting. Dak tries his best to disrupt the casting as well, shooting a bolt at the evil being, but a bolt flying into his ribs and sticking in his side doesn't seem to effect him as well. Finally, Mai points her staff at the Cultist and send lightning at the foe. At first it doesn't seem to effect him, but then you see the pain starting to show on the Cultist's face. Eventually the lightning takes its toll and engulfs the cultist in electrical current, tearing a scream from his lips and splattering his blood all over the door, ending him. All that is left is a charred body that is smoking in front of the doorway, and starting to stink up the place. However you all do notice that the runes on the door started glowing as if they were red hot, but the door does not open.

Irish Musician
2012-08-23, 09:06 AM
EVALIE
Seeing the Devil behind Mai, Evalie knocks another arrow in her bow and lets loose, hoping to end this devil and move on to the next two, marking one of the Tieflings for death and shooting at him as well.

Actions
Move - Shift to K7
Minor - Quarry TC1
Standard - Twin Strike VS AC
TC1 - [roll0]
LDH 1.2 - [roll1]
Damage
TC1 - [roll2], [roll3]
LDH 1.2 - [roll4]

Irish Musician
2012-08-25, 11:43 PM
TC1 & TC2
The Tiefling farthest away from everyone, bruised and bloodied, looked around, sends and attack out, moves to the glowing doors, and then disappeared through them. The second Tiefling, taking a page from his counterpart, does the same thing.

Actions
TC1
Standard - Soul Fire VS Ref centered on I13
Infernion - [roll0]
Leader - [roll1]
Lucius - [roll2]
Damage - [roll3], and ongoing 10 fire damage(save ends), the first time the target willingly moves closer to the TC1 before the end of its next turn, the target takes 10 psychic damage.
Move - to L15 then through the doors

TC2
Standard - Soul Fire VS Ref centered on H13
Ewin - [roll4]
Leader - [roll5]
Lucius - [roll6]
Damage - [roll7], and ongoing 10 fire damage(save ends), the first time the target willingly moves closer to the TC2 before the end of its next turn, the target takes 10 psychic damage.
Move - to K15 then through the doors

Irish Musician
2012-08-25, 11:51 PM
LDH1
The Devil sees his counterparts leave, but this doesn't seem to phase him. In fact he smiles a knowing smile, and yet again attacks Mai, slicing at her with his sword.
Actions
Standard - [roll0]

Top of the Round, take you actions!!! Boy howdy Ewin got beat up this battle!

CalebRoberts
2012-08-26, 12:36 AM
Infernion

Infernion's clawed hand reaches through the smoke and points at the remaining cultists. "Your soul will feed me well, creature." A bolt of dark fire lances out, searing a hole straight through its chest.

Actions
Minor: Curse LDH1
Standard: Eldritch Blast vs LDH1 (REF)
Attack: [roll0]
EDIT: That should be +20 not +10 for a total of 26
Damage: [roll1] Fire + [roll2] + [roll3] Psychic

Great Dane
2012-08-26, 11:32 AM
Dak coughs up a bit of blood before centering his energy and healing his wounds out of sheer willpower. He then fires his second healing disk at Lucius, mending what scratches are left visible on the fighter, making him look good as new.

Standard: second wind
Minor: my last Healing Infusion on Lucius. Combined with the second wind I'd anticipate he takes, this will bring him to full with no further healing needed.

As the devils escape through the runed doorway, Dak holsters his crossbow, drops to one knee and shakes off the rest of his wounds. He then proceeds to mend Ewin, who took one hell of a beating.

From what I can tell I'm seeing only Ewin as having used his second wind. (this would be a good column to have on the tracker, btw). In the interest of time, I'd suggest everyone else proc their second wind. It's not the most effective means of healing, but it does mean we won't need to spend an extra 10+ minutes waiting around for the enemy to set up. This will bring Lucius and Mai to full HP.

During the short rest, I'll mend Ewin to full HP using two healing infusions, the surges borrowed from Infernion. Starting at 25 HP, he gains (24 + 10 +[roll0]) + (24 + 10 + [roll1]), all surgeless healing.

The rest of us will need to spend surges to come up to full. After second winds are applied I see:
Infernion 74 of 88 (1 surge needed)
Evalie 57 of 78 (1 surge needed to get close to full)
Dak 66 of 90 (1 surge needed to get close to full)

I'll then borrow two surges from Lucius to recharge my healing infusions.

After everyone heals up to full, the surge count is currently:
Infernion: 7
Evalie: 4
Ewin: 8
Lucius: 9
Mai: 6
Dak: 6

After joining the party in mending their wounds, Dak proceeds to search what bodies are left for anything magical or valuable in nature, or otherwise interesting.

Approaching the runed door, he utters, Runes so warm! What cause...? and studies them for a minute.

Arcana on the door/runes: [roll2]

Great Dane
2012-08-26, 01:38 PM
Returning to the group, Dak quickly stammers, Runes of sealing! We can break through, but how?

CalebRoberts
2012-08-27, 02:23 AM
Assuming a short rest
Heal to full 7/11 surges remain

After all have healed

The blood the little crazy man pulls from Infernion is so hot the loose drips bubble on the dirt floor. "I only know one way through something like this" he growls. The alligator sneer is back as the little dragon steps up to the door. He takes a breath, places the massive clawed hands over the center of each half but does not touch it. A low growl begins deep in his through and rises quickly to a deafening roar. Flame surges against the runes but Infernion's might in not a match for this power.

He skulks away, snuffing out a torch so there is some darkness to hide in.

Arcana: [roll0]

CalebRoberts
2012-08-28, 11:56 AM
"We cannot force out way through." says Infernion through grinding teeth. "Wizard! Can you get us through?"

The dragon then stalks over to the fallen leader of the guard force. "Wake her little man" he says in a commanding voice to Dax.

Ascy
2012-08-28, 04:17 PM
Ewin

The last demonic flames fade away, and the wounded Tiefling stands up, his first step a bit wonky. He had taken a good beating and the bad feeling in his guts had become even stronger. When Dak comes over to him to tend to his wounds, he mutters a short "I guess I owe you one, mh?"
Ewin still found the small creature weird, but now he could respect him.

He pulls out a length of rope out of his pouch, and while pointing towards the unconcious woman, asks:
"I do not know if we can leave her here, bound or not. She might tell us a great many things of interest, and I wouldn't want her friends to get her back. What say you?"

Dacia Brabant
2012-08-30, 11:18 AM
"We cannot force out way through." says Infernion through grinding teeth. "Wizard! Can you get us through?"

Mai-Sal Stormchaser

Mai turned away from her careful consideration of the door and its runes and gave Infernion a hard look.

"I do have a name, you know, and it's not 'wizard.' And no, I cannot breach the doorway without its proper key--you see, these runes aren't just to seal the door, they're keyed to something, most likely a small object carried by the cultists." She stopped there and looked back at Dak.

"Did you find anything on bodies that they had in common?"

Irish Musician
2012-09-01, 02:15 PM
ALL
After trying some spells, and pure arcane might, neither Mai nor Infernion can get through the gate. Dak heals the group up then goes to the leader and starts to heal her wounds, wrapping cuts in gauze and rubbing salve on her less serious cuts. As he does this, Ewin ties her up so when she wakes, she isn't able to escape, or attack.

Once Dak gets done, the merc's eyes start to slightly open. She blinks a few times and seems to be coming out of a quite groggy state. She seems to panic for a few seconds, then realizes what has happened and calms for a second. She looks around the group, and then speaks, "So, what do you want from me? You obviously kept me alive for a reason......"

Irish Musician
2012-09-01, 03:24 PM
Bump for error

CalebRoberts
2012-09-02, 12:13 AM
Infernion

She looks around the group, and then speaks, "So, what do you want from me? You obviously kept me alive for a reason......"

The dragon puts his snout right up to her face, bending down on all fours. "You are going to tell us first how to get through that door, then you are going to tell us what is on the other side. If you do not do this I will burn off your limbs one by one. If you still do not I will tear your heart out with my own hand so you can watch me roast it in front of you."

Intimidate=[roll0]
OOC: That is one scary dragon! Alos, her insight would tell her that Infernion is not bluffing.

Irish Musician
2012-09-02, 02:05 AM
Infernion & ALL
You look into the leader's eyes, but you see no fear in her eyes. There is something else there, however. "I do not doubt your words.....dragonkin. However what it behind that door would do much worse to me that you ever could. I will tell you what is on the other side....." She goes quiet for a moment and looks at the door, and seems to stair through it. She then brings her attention back to you, "Evil, that is what is on the other side. I did not know what I was getting into when they paid me for this job. But money is money, and a job is a job. What they are doing, though.......I cannot say....." She seems to be in some pain, other than what you lot have done to her.

CalebRoberts
2012-09-02, 02:08 AM
Infernion

Infernion picks the woman up with one hand. He rears back and brings her to his face. "How do we get through?"

Irish Musician
2012-09-02, 02:11 AM
Infernion
She stares you in the eye and starts to say something, but then she stops. "I cannot." She seems to be under a great amount of stress.

CalebRoberts
2012-09-02, 02:14 AM
Infernion

"Can you point? Can you look?"

(If she cannot he will continue the questioning. "What can you tell us then? Help us and we can help you."

Irish Musician
2012-09-02, 02:24 AM
Infernion
She doesn't answer the first couple of questions. Then she seems to think of something and perks up a little, and get a sly smile on her face. "You let me go, untie me, and finish healing my wounds, and I will give you some information that will help you. What do you all say to that?"

CalebRoberts
2012-09-02, 02:27 AM
Infernion

Infernion chuckles in a low, sonorous tone. He thinks back to the meeting with the Silver, only a few days previous.
We need to know what they are up to, so you must figure that out as well. Once you have, do not leave any alive. Would you do this for me, Infernion: Red that is no longer enslaved?"

"Information first. Freedom after."

Great Dane
2012-09-02, 11:05 PM
Dak returns to the group, paying little attention to the interrogation between Infernion and the apparent captain of this room. Two necklaces, match hers...but hers different, he points out. 5000 GP...shiny. And magic scroll. Weapons and bows...Dak identify later.

During the conversation, Dak stows the two longswords, two shortbows, two necklaces, set of robes, and single scroll he found on the bodies. Approaching them, he suggests, Press her against barrier. She closed...maybe she opens, eyeballing her necklace closely.

CalebRoberts
2012-09-03, 04:38 PM
Taking the little man's suggestion to his burning heart, Infernion all but smashes the woman into the runed doors.

Irish Musician
2012-09-03, 05:48 PM
Infernion
Dak comes over and makes the suggestion to put her against the door. You look at the door, look at the woman, and then look back at the door. You stow your implements, grab the back her armor/clothes, and slam her (as she squirms) against the door. You hold her there for a second, squished upon the door, and she says, in a slightly squished voice......"What, may I ask, are you doing?" You stand there for a few moments, but nothing seems to be happening.

CalebRoberts
2012-09-03, 05:51 PM
Infernion

Infernion lets the woman slump to the ground against the door and places his large clawed foot on her. He turns to Dax, seething with frustration. "Well little man, any more bright ideas?"

Great Dane
2012-09-03, 06:11 PM
Dak think we not alone in room. Scampering up and standing as tall as he can, he focused his mind on what might have caused the woman to cause her to not talk in such a hastened manner earlier. Dak senses the room for any magical presence that might be influencing the discussion, as well as glaring facial tells being poorly-masked by the woman.

[roll0], to see if anyone is controlling her thoughts or otherwise causing her mental trauma before she speaks
[roll1] to see if she's telling the truth in wanting to help us in exchange for freedom, or if she's just looking for a way out of here.

Great Dane
2012-09-03, 07:03 PM
After a few moments of careful study, Dak grasps the necklace around the woman's neck and gently lifts it over her head and away, eyeballing it the whole time. Turning his neck slowly to the dragonborn, he says, Try again. Now she talk, as he analyzes the charm closer. Magic of Devil-God? What powers it? he says as he sits cross-legged.

Arcana on the necklace: [roll0]

CalebRoberts
2012-09-03, 07:15 PM
Infernion

"You heard the little man, start talking."

Irish Musician
2012-09-03, 07:17 PM
ALL
The woman laughs a little and retorts, "Well, it seems your 'little man' doesn't know as much as he thinks he does."

Great Dane
2012-09-03, 07:42 PM
Do not listen. She now speak freely.

Recognizing the necklace as being innately magical, he pulls out the other necklaces similar in shape and design and shares with the group, Use to talk through walls in own minds. Put this on? Speak with someone else. You can hear a bit of quivering in his voice as he shares the news, however. The thought of putting this on makes him nervous, and he sounds as if he's almost asking someone else to try it out.

Irish Musician
2012-09-03, 07:49 PM
ALL
She looks at Dak, "No, I do not 'speak freely.' And I would not put those necklaces on if I were you....."

Great Dane
2012-09-03, 08:13 PM
Dak ignores the comment and shuffles over to the glowing runes, and after taking a deep breath, with one hand grasping the necklace, he touches the barrier in various ways -- fist-first, necklace first, anything to try to pierce its magic warding.

Also, why not: perception check at and around the door looking for any hidden switches... [roll0]

Great Dane
2012-09-03, 08:47 PM
Frustrated at his innate magical talents failing him at the task of opening this damned door, and with the armored woman's constant pestering and mockery finally getting to him, he huffs and puffs his way over to the group, glaring over at the woman. Dak not SCARED! he growls as he adorns the ornament around his neck.

CalebRoberts
2012-09-03, 09:22 PM
Through gritted teeth Infernion growls a sigh. "Alright, alright. You may have your freedom if you aid us with the door"

Bluff: [roll0]

Irish Musician
2012-09-03, 10:14 PM
Dak
You hear the woman's words, but you don't really listen. You think and think about what to do, finally you just put the necklace on and.....
For Dramatic Purposes(All Eyes)
Nothing happens. The necklace does nothing, and you don't feel any different.

Infernion
She looks at you, and studies your face, and says fairly softly, though everyone can still hear her, "Trust me, there is nothing I would like more than to tell you how to get through there and leave this place, esp since I got much more than what I got paid for this gig, but I can't. Are you not listening to me you idiot lizard," she starts to get significantly louder as she talks, and she also seems to be fighting something on the inside. "I CAN'T tell you because I am not ABLE to tell you! You have to fix me before I can!!" With that last statement, she screams out loud, doubles over, and throws up at your feet. She then breaks out into red splotches everywhere and start groaning in pain.

CalebRoberts
2012-09-03, 10:44 PM
Infernion

He pulls out his rods again, using them as a focus of power. She is more like me then I realized. Something has invested her with a power for a terrible price...I have done it once, I can do it again"

Using a small amount of his prodigious power, Infernion cuts an iron ring from one of the torch sconces. Originally the spell was difficult, almost impossible to master. But once mastered, it became easy. He touches the ring to his own amulet while adding in energy of his own to duplicate the spell.

Arcana: [roll0] + 1 healing surge to add some oomph.

He puts it on her, in contact with her skin, hoping he was able to help her.

Ascy
2012-09-04, 01:32 AM
Ewin

Ewin stomps towards Dak, curious about the amulet the artificer was trying to get to work.
"May I have a look?", he asks, as he holds open his right hand towards him.
[roll0]

Getting increasingly annoyed with the leader's inability to cooperate, he jerks his head around an hisses:
"I'll be right with you, don't you worry. But you'd better make it worth my while, or the evil in here will become a bigger concern to you than the evil on the other side of that wall."

Irish Musician
2012-09-04, 08:12 AM
Infernion
You lower the ring to her forehead, but it doesn't have the desired effect you had expected. Instead, you sense something else that is on the woman, something willing her to do its bidding, but not maliciously. You sense there is something on her chest, just below her neck......under her clothing.

CalebRoberts
2012-09-04, 02:43 PM
Infernion

The dragon stows his amplification rod (rod of brutality). He extends his clawed forefinger and cuts her tunic down to were he detected the something else

Irish Musician
2012-09-04, 03:35 PM
Infernion
You cut the woman's tunic down and the top of her shirt falls open to reveal a glowing circle about the size of an amulet, with runes in the circle. It seems to be emitting a pale red light, once her shirt it out of the way.

Dacia Brabant
2012-09-04, 11:27 PM
Mai-Sal Stormchaser

As this spectacle of an interrogation played out, Mai watched at first with amusement that quickly turned to surprise as Infernion bashed the unsuspecting mercenary unsuccessfully into the door--she almost moved to stop him but knew that would have been pointless--then bemusement as they fumbled with necklaces and spells. But when he tore open her tunic is when the mage stepped in.

"All right, all right, that's enough. You boys have had your fun, now it's my turn. Why don't you go play with your new toys or something," she not-quite-yells, pointing and waving with her staff so as to separate the dragon-man from their captive, and there's enough thunder in her voice to show that she's at least fairly upset. She pivots the woman away from frontal view of the males and gives her a quick but genuine sympathetic look before getting down to business.

"Well let's have a look at you, shall we Miss... what did you say your name was?" she asks, but that's all just banter while Mai examines the magical tattoo preventing her from speaking freely.

Arcana to understand the tattoo, especially how to remove it: [roll0]
Religion if applicable: [roll1]

Irish Musician
2012-09-05, 09:10 AM
Mai
The leader seems to be a little bit relieved that the only other woman in the bunch has now taken over this "interrogation." "Arien Stormcrow is my name. And I wish I had never taken this damn job now. I knew the money they paid me was too good to be true. Should have listened to my instincts......." She trails off and seems to give in to Mai's probing. She does, however, seem much appreciative of Mai for turning her around, though she showed nothing of this to the males in the room.

CalebRoberts
2012-09-05, 11:38 AM
Infernion

"Bah, modesty is wasted on me girl. What does a dragon care for human flesh?! He points to where her circle would be on his own chest since she is turned. Clearly you are bound to something. Was this done against your will?"

Irish Musician
2012-09-05, 02:53 PM
Inernion
Arien turns her head so that the side of her face is facing you, "My name is not girl.....lizard. I....." she trails off as she tries to speak, but ends up lurching over, throwing up again and barely missing Mai. She turns to Mai after spitting all of the bile out of her mouth, "Sorry, I hope I didn't get any on you. If I try to talk about it too much, I get deathly sick."

Dacia Brabant
2012-09-05, 04:02 PM
Mai-Sal Stormchaser

Engrossed as she was in translating the runes emblazoned on Arien's chest, Mai didn't react to her vomiting (and thus was fortunate it missed her) apart from shooting Infernion an annoyed glare before resuming her examination.

"It's an oath ritual, written in Netherese. A wise choice on their part, few now who live can understand it--and I'm guessing you are not one of the few," she told the woman with a knowing look, but that statement was as much for her draconic companion's benefit. "Given enough time, I could probably reverse it, but that's a dangerous prospect not guaranteed to work. The only other options, though, are for you to fulfill your oath or *ahem* to die, but let's avoid that. In fact, let's avoid asking her any more questions about the oath or relating to it, all that'll do is torture her and not even yield any answers."

Sensing the inevitable next question, she continued.

"What we need to do is find the key. So all they had in common were those necklaces, and they don't seem to do anything? Hmm. Did you try the other ones that the cultists were wearing? They may be different since she isn't one of them."

Ascy
2012-09-06, 07:04 AM
Ewin

After trying to decipher the engravings on the amulet for a while, the tiefling comments almost absentmindedly: "Yes, devils like to make their oaths safe, and it is Asmodeus we're dealing with - well, she's dealing with him, to be precise. I wouldn't advise trying to fiddle with it. But there is something we need.."

He holds up the amulet by its chain, his other hand pointing towards the letters on it.
"We need a word, or a phrase. Something to make this trinket work."
He puts the amulet around his neck, wearing it over his armor unlike his holy symbol, which is tucked under the plate.
Then he shoots a curious glare towards the tied female, brow raised.
"I take it your oath prevents you from sharing this with us, too?"

CalebRoberts
2012-09-06, 07:45 AM
Infernion

Frustration with all the careful planning beings to mount in the dragon once more. 'Just cut the circle in half! A good sharp knife should do the trick! or..." he flexes one of his talons.

Irish Musician
2012-09-06, 09:36 AM
Arien
The woman looks up at you, Ewin, and just stares at you. It looks as though she is trying to say something. Then she stops, takes a breath and starts again, "I cannot tell you anything about the thing on my chest, nor the necklace I wore," she then stops for a second, as if getting ready for something, and spits out fast and sudden, "ButyouarecorrectaboutthekeywordandyouknowitEwin," and once again retches on the floor and breaks out even more in hives.

Dacia Brabant
2012-09-07, 01:04 AM
Mai-Sal Stormchaser

Mai's look of annoyance returns, though it quickly shifts into one of semi-amusement as she glances over at the tiefling. Before saying anything about it though, she returns her gaze to Arien first, giving her a comforting pat on the shoulder and mending her tunic with a simple spell.

"Thank you, dear, you've been most helpful. I'll get you some water in a moment, and some food if you can eat--the dry heaves are the worst," she says with a wry smile, which she maintains as she turns to Ewin though now there's some steel behind it.

"Well, Ewin, it seems your reputation precedes you. Your past is your own, I'll not pry, but if it has any affect on us, right here and now, I think it's time you tell us what you know."

Ascy
2012-09-07, 07:10 AM
Ewin

Ewin's eyes become no more than slits at the mention of his name.
A quick look of surprise rushes over his face, but his attention is immediately diverted by his companion's reaction.
He turns his horned head around and after a couple of seconds of silence answers in a low voice:

"I didn't expect this one to know, but I guess it is not unexpected.
I have crossed paths with mordai and other minions of Asmodeus before.
One might say that I have been a.. thorn in their side.
Maybe this cult was even informed of our presence here."

He raises his brow and adds with a slight smile:
"Why do you think Metherna tasked me to go with you?"

He taps his finger against the smaller horns on his chin, trying to make sense of the mercenary's words.
"Although I still do not know what word she meant. Maybe something trivial, like Asmodeus? We can just try it."

Irish Musician
2012-09-07, 09:23 AM
Arien
Arien nods at Mai's sympathy and concern, even for an enemy. She listens to Ewin and seems to nod as he talks about them knowing who he is. He starts talking about the word he knows, and she pipes in......"NotinCommon"......and quickly stops, looking a little sick, but doesn't seem to puke this time.

CalebRoberts
2012-09-08, 02:30 PM
Infernion

The red's impatience and frustration are growing visibly. Smoke is begining to leak from his jaws and snout. His scales are starting to glow dull red and put off heat. The leathery wings are held out to the side, moving slowly.

"I am going to cut that circle off her and destroy it." he advances towards the woman but is cut off forcibly by Ewin