PDA

View Full Version : Graduation complete

Form
2012-06-27, 08:16 AM
I have recently graduated and leveled up in the field of science! I may now officially carry the title of Master of Science. Or Magister if I fancy latin. :smalltongue:

It's kind of funny, though. Beforehand it seemed almost insignificant, but not anymore. It feels a bit like I've completed a rite of passage. But anyway, it seemed important enough for a self-congratulatory topic. :smalltongue:

So yeah, hurray!

Manga Shoggoth
2012-06-27, 08:54 AM
Any particular field, or just "science" in general?

Iruka
2012-06-27, 08:55 AM
Congratulations! :smallbiggrin:

I hope I can say the same in a few months! (Except that I wont be a Master of Science but a Dipl. Ing.)

So what are your plans, now that you've mastered science?

Rawhide
2012-06-27, 09:18 AM
It's dangerous to go alone, take this:
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/86527513.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=82EB172C4407816CD615569F9E2917E2387184919124B98C 14BBCD0DC914C2EEE30A760B0D811297

Form
2012-06-27, 09:50 AM
Any particular field, or just "science" in general?

Astronomy. It just says Master of Science on the diploma though. I'm not sure if it's possible anywhere to graduate in science in general. Seems like you'd have to accumulate a lot of master degrees for that.

Congratulations! :smallbiggrin:

I hope I can say the same in a few months! (Except that I wont be a Master of Science but a Dipl. Ing.)

So what are your plans, now that you've mastered science?

Supervillainy of course. :smalltongue:

I'll be taking code monkey as my prestige class, so I'll become a software developer. I'll miss the academic world, but the private sector has its own opportunities and it's a good job.

The Succubus
2012-06-27, 09:59 AM
"Magister of Science" is an unbelievably awesome title and you should pester Rawhide into making it your playground title. :smallwink:

Please refrain from pestering Rawhide. He has big scary teeth and he bites.

Manga Shoggoth
2012-06-28, 05:15 AM
Astronomy. It just says Master of Science on the diploma though. I'm not sure if it's possible anywhere to graduate in science in general. Seems like you'd have to accumulate a lot of master degrees for that.

Alas, not really possible since around Newton's time. There's just too much around these days...

Mine says Bachelor of Science. I really should have handed it back in when I got married.

I'll be taking code monkey as my prestige class, so I'll become a software developer. I'll miss the academic world, but the private sector has its own opportunities and it's a good job.

Experience in spotting things a long way off will come in handy. Most of your managers won't be able to do it...

WalkingTarget
2012-06-28, 08:55 AM
I have recently graduated and leveled up in the field of science! I may now officially carry the title of Master of Science. Or Magister if I fancy latin. :smalltongue:

It's kind of funny, though. Beforehand it seemed almost insignificant, but not anymore. It feels a bit like I've completed a rite of passage. But anyway, it seemed important enough for a self-congratulatory topic. :smalltongue:

So yeah, hurray!

*high five*

I just got my Master of Science title last month (Library and Information Science). It's fun to say, isn't it? :smallsmile:

SaintRidley
2012-06-28, 01:12 PM
Mine says Bachelor of Science. I really should have handed it back in when I got married.

I have three that say Bachelor of Arts (Thrice the bachelor! Taste the rainbow!). I get to trade up in a few years though, so being married won't be much of an obstacle.