PDA

View Full Version : Website Issues

Gnomish Wanderer
2012-06-29, 07:59 PM
I just wanted to bring to your attention the experience I've been having (seemingly only today) with the GiantITP Forums. Occasionally when I click the page for the first time after a period of time without going to the forums, it'll slow down and give me a script error, but once I click past that it seems fine unless I leave for a while and come back. Other than that it's been fine, haven't gotten any 500 errors at all and pages seem to be loading faster. Don't know if the update is up or this is an unrelated issue, but I figured it would be worth posting to let you all know.
Specs, if that matters: Using latest version of Firefox with Comcast internet. The script error is from some address that isn't Giantitp, but I didn't manage to catch which it was.

Gnomish Wanderer
2012-06-30, 03:39 AM
This is the script that's being unresponsive:
Script: http://ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/nexp/aav=3029832572/cloudflare.min.js:15
Hope that helps!

oblivion6
2012-06-30, 03:45 AM
are you having the same issues on the alt site? if you are then i suppose you'll have to wait for rawhide

Rawhide
2012-06-30, 03:52 AM
(Note: I edited the URL so it no longer links to it directly, as I'm not sure they want us linking to the JavaScript files directly.)

That looks like the minify script, that is supposed to make the JavaScript on the pages load faster. If it itself is causing issues or slowing things down, I'll disable it.

Gnomish Wanderer
2012-06-30, 01:52 PM
Update:
So I didn't get another script error last night until just now (same script) so I don't know if it was previously disabled but it still seems to be causing a little bit of trouble. However even without the script errors, i still had the occasional [Server Not Found] page that other users are having. Again it seems localized to just the first attempt to access after a period of time after which it works fine.

Rawhide
2012-06-30, 06:46 PM
The minify settings were disabled a long time ago, and all cached copies of JavaScript files were purged, so you should no longer be receiving the errors. Before I lodge a support ticket, I want to make sure you all clear your cache, then let me know if it still keeps happening.

Rawhide
2012-07-07, 01:20 AM
People who were experiencing this slowdown, please clear your cache and use the non-alt site, then report back. This should hopefully be fixed with the settings I changed earlier to fix the other issue.

oblivion6
2012-07-07, 02:30 AM
i think most of the issues i have been having are resolved now. they were mostly minor cosmetic changes anyhow, despite a brief period of slow connection to the servers

if anything its running better than it did before the changes went live. on my end anyways