PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Pathfinder Race: Entropites (chaotic-aligned blood)

Kydell
2012-06-29, 10:38 PM
I used the Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide to develop this race, this is what I've got so far:

Entropite

Description: The Entropites are humanoids with some chaotic-aligned blood in their ancestry, usually a Protean wishing to spread chaos throughout other realms. These humanoids look like curiously attractive humans with ever shifting locks of hair, swirls of every color flashing through their irises, or sometimes develop physical attributes of their chaotic ancestors such as pointed teeth, bright blue short-furred skin, pale green scaled skin with sharp features or red and white scaled skin with small black spikes in inconsistent patterns over their bodies.

Outsider (native) 3RP
Darkvision 60ft
Must eat, sleep and breathe

Medium size 0RP

Normal Speed (30ft) 0RP

Ability Score Adjustment (Standard) 0RP
+2 Cha, +2 Str, -2 Wis; Entropites are physically strong good at maneuvering through social situations to impose the most chaos, but are capricious in nature.

Standard Languages 0RP
Common, Abyssal, (Draconic, Goblin, Sylvan, Undercommon)

Protean Resistance 2RP
Resist Acid 5, +2 bonus on saving throws against polymorph, petrification and transmutation spells or effects.

Protean Magic 3RP
A number of times per day equal to her Charisma modifier, an Entropite may use lesser warpwave as a spell-like ability. Lesser warpwave works as follows:
An Entropite may summon the primal energies of the Maelstrom to wield against her foes. When an Entropite makes a successful melee attack against a foe, she may choose to add this entropic energy to the damage (this damage is added after the damage from a critical hit is calculated). The player rolls one d10 to determine the results:
1 Deal 1d6 force damage
2 Deal 1d6 fire damage
3 Deal 1d6 electrical damage
4 Deal 1d6 acid damage
5 Deal 1d6 cold damage
6 Deal 1d6 sonic damage
7 Deal 1d6 positive energy
8 Deal 1d6 negative energy
9 Deal 1d6 chaotic-aligned damage
10 Deal 1d6 bludgeoning damage
Also, the Entropite may use align weapon as a spell-like ability 3/day. This can be cast on her natural weapons, and may only be aligned with chaotic. Her effective spellcaster level for these abilities is equal to her Hit Dice.

Gifted Craftsman 2RP
The Entropite may manipulate either of the dualistic properties of chaos; both creation and destruction. She gains a +2 bonus to all craft skills, and treats her spellcasting level as one higher when using Conjure (creation) spells or spell-like abilities.

Weapon Familiarity 2RP
The Entropite is called to the tool that represents the perfect creator and destroyer, the hammer. All Entropites are proficient with any hammer, including: light hammer, warhammer, gnome hooked hammer, Lucerne hammer and meteor hammer)
__

12RP

P.E.A.C.H.
Thanks.

Gorfnod
2012-07-01, 09:05 AM
I really haven't dived into the race building part of the ARG yet but the race looks fairly balanced to me.

Also speaking as a lover of Proteans, I could easily see myself playing this race.

Togath
2012-07-01, 09:38 PM
I used the Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide to develop this race, this is what I've got so far:

Entropite

Description: The Entropites are humanoids with some chaotic-aligned blood in their ancestry, usually a Protean wishing to spread chaos throughout other realms. These humanoids look like curiously attractive humans with ever shifting locks of hair, swirls of every color flashing through their irises, or sometimes develop physical attributes of their chaotic ancestors such as pointed teeth, bright blue short-furred skin, pale green scaled skin with sharp features or red and white scaled skin with small black spikes in inconsistent patterns over their bodies.

Outsider (native) 3RP
Darkvision 60ft
Must eat, sleep and breathe

Medium size 0RP

Normal Speed (30ft) 0RP

Ability Score Adjustment (Standard) 0RP
+2 Cha, +2 Str, -2 Wis; Entropites are physically strong good at maneuvering through social situations to impose the most chaos, but are capricious in nature.

Standard Languages 0RP
Common, Abyssal, (Draconic, Goblin, Sylvan, Undercommon)

Protean Resistance 2RP
Resist Acid 5, +2 bonus on saving throws against polymorph, petrification and transmutation spells or effects.

Protean Magic 3RP
A number of times per day equal to her Charisma modifier, an Entropite may use lesser warpwave as a spell-like ability. Lesser warpwave works as follows:
An Entropite may summon the primal energies of the Maelstrom to wield against her foes. When an Entropite makes a successful melee attack against a foe, she may choose to add this entropic energy to the damage (this damage is added after the damage from a critical hit is calculated). The player rolls one d10 to determine the results:
1 Deal 1d6 force damage
2 Deal 1d6 fire damage
3 Deal 1d6 electrical damage
4 Deal 1d6 acid damage
5 Deal 1d6 cold damage
6 Deal 1d6 sonic damage
7 Deal 1d6 positive energy
8 Deal 1d6 negative energy
9 Deal 1d6 chaotic-aligned damage
10 Deal 1d6 bludgeoning damage
Also, the Entropite may use align weapon as a spell-like ability 3/day. This can be cast on her natural weapons, and may only be aligned with chaotic. Her effective spellcaster level for these abilities is equal to her Hit Dice.

Gifted Craftsman 2RP
The Entropite may manipulate either of the dualistic properties of chaos; both creation and destruction. She gains a +2 bonus to all craft skills, and treats her spellcasting level as one higher when using Conjure (creation) spells or spell-like abilities.

Weapon Familiarity 2RP
The Entropite is called to the tool that represents the perfect creator and destroyer, the hammer. All Entropites are proficient with any hammer, including: light hammer, warhammer, gnome hooked hammer, Lucerne hammer and meteor hammer)
__

12RP

P.E.A.C.H.
Thanks.

One minor thing; meteor hammers are basicly rocks on ropes, still they are an underused weapon so they could be fun to keep if you just wanted to add a uncommon weapon to thier weapon familiarity, other then that the race looks fine,, fairly well balanced, and flavorful.
edit; actually, is weapon familiarity actually needed?, Do outsiders in pf still get automatic martial weapon proficiency, or was that changed?(I haven't looked through the type descriptions in pathfinder other then the undead type and the robot subtype, so i'll check when i have time)