PDA

View Full Version : Knight of the Pearl Extended variation!

crimsonqueen
2012-07-10, 05:32 AM
Hello everyone :D It is me the always sweet and adorable Crimson queen (humble I know ;) ) Anyway I am coming to you with a request as those who have seen my first topic in the character help section I am about to participate in an aquatic campaign with my brother and his friends D&D group and my brother is going to be playing a Aventi paladin who will be eventually going into the Knight of the Pearl Prestige class well the DM has said that my brother can alter the knight of the pearl class to make it a 10 level class while keeping with its theme & building off that. Now my brother doesn’t have a lot of free time for this so he’s asked me to help by coming up with some ideas, and getting input so here it is folks what I have so far.

~Entry Requirements~
Alignment: Lawful good.
Base Attack Bonus: +5.
Feats: Extra Turning.
Skills: Knowledge (religion) 5 ranks.
Special: Turn undead, proficiency with at least one martial weapon and with heavy armor.
Special: Must be accepted as a member of the Order of the Pearl.

~Knight of the Pearl Chart~

HD: D10
Level BAB FS RS WS Special
1st +1 +2 +0 +2 Lay on hands, Blessed soul
2nd +2 +3 +0 +3 Buoyant Armor, Sanctify Water
3rd +3 +3 +1 +3 Pearl’s Blessing +2d8
4th +4 +4 +1 +4 Pearl Blade, Pearl Hammer, Resist Enchantment
5th +5 +4 +1 +4 Water’s Blessing, Pearl’s Blessing +3d8
6th +6 +5 +1 +5 Water Devotion
7th +7 +5 +2 +5 Pearl’s Blessing +4d8
8th +8 +6 +2 +6 Immune to Charm and Compulsion
9th +9 +6 +3 +6 Pearl’s Blessing +5d8, Charisma Increase
10th +10 +7 +3 +7 Ocean’s Command

Skills (2 + Int per level): Concentration, Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (nobility and royalty), Knowledge (religion), Profession, Ride, Spellcraft, Swim

~Spellcasting~

Level:
1st: +1 to existing divine spell casting class
2nd: +1 to existing divine spell casting class
3rd:
4th: +1 to existing divine spell casting class
5th: +1 to existing divine spell casting class
6th:
7th: +1 to existing divine spell casting class
8th: +1 to existing divine spell casting class
9th:
10th:+1 to existing divine spell casting class

~Class Features~

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: You gain no weapon or armor proficiencies.

Lay on Hands: You can heal wounds by touch if your Charisma score is 12 or higher. Each day you can heal a total number of hit points of damage equal to your knight of the pearl level × your Charisma modifier. This ability works just like the paladin class feature of the same name (see page 44 of the Player’s Handbook). If you already gained this ability from another class, your levels in both classes stack to determine the total number of hit points of damage you can heal each day.

Blessed Soul: You can freely take levels in this prestige class without restricting future advancement as a paladin. Your knight of the pearl levels stack with paladin levels for the purpose of your aura of good and stack with cleric and paladin levels for the purpose of
turning undead.

Buoyant Armor: At 2nd level, you can use positive energy to buoy up your armor in the water. You take no armor check penalty on Swim checks, and the weight of your armor does not count toward your carrying capacity. This effect only functions while you are in the water.

Sanctify Water: At 2nd level you gain sanctify water as a bonus feat.

Pearl’s Blessing: At 3rd level, you can use the positive energy-imbued waters around you to deliver extra damage with your melee attack. As a free action, you spend a turn undead attempt to focus positive energy into your weapon; the next successful strike with that weapon deals an extra 2d8 points of damage from positive energy. If the energy is not used within a number of rounds equal to your class level, it fades and is lost. At 5th, 7th, and 9th level, you can focus more energy into your weapon, dealing an extra 3d8, 4d8, and 5d8 points of damage on your next strike respectively. The damage does not stack with itself. When not in a body of water, you deal half as much extra damage (+1d8 at 3rd level, +2d8 etc etc).

Pearl Blade: At 4th level, your slashing weapons develop a pearlescent sheen when you wield them, and you ignore the normal penalties for using slashing weapons in the water. This ability only functions in the water.

Pearl Hammer: At 4th level, your Bludgeoning weapons develop a pearlescent sheen when you wield them, and you ignore the normal penalties for using bludgeoning weapons in the water. This ability only functions in the water.

Resist Enchantment: At 4th level, a Knight of the Pearl gains a +2 morale bonus on all saving throws against Enchantment spells or effects.

Water’s Blessing: At 5th level, you gain the ability to affect evil water-dwelling creatures with your turn undead attempts. Furthermore, when in water you can spend a turn undead attempt to deal 4d6 points of damage to all evil or undead creatures within 30 feet, while simultaneously healing good creatures of 4d6 points of damage. All the creatures damaged and healed must be in contact with the water for the water’s blessing
to take effect.

Water Devotion: At 6th level you gain Water Devotion as a bonus feat. While the feat specifies that the water must be poured on the ground, you may also activate the feat while underwater.

Immune to Charm and Compulsion: A 8th-level Knight of the Pearl is completely immune to charm and compulsion spells.

Charisma Increase: A 9th level Knight of the Pearl’s charisma increases by 2 points.

Ocean’s Command: At 10th level a Knight of the Pearl can Turn or destroy fire creatures and Rebuke, command, or bolster water creatures as a cleric with the water domain of three level‘s lower would. Use these abilities a total number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

And there you have it this is what me and my brother have come up with so far any suggestions and ideas? Possibily suggestions for abilities or class features? Or perhaps changes to existing ones the wording of the abilities isn't all that important to me as much as the mechanics of it are.

PS: Heres the Bonus feats so you can know what they do.

SANCTIFY WATER [DIVINE]
You can call upon positive energy to momentarily transform normal water around you into holy water. This feat is often learned by the clerics and paladins of sea gods, as well as aquatic clerics of all stripes.
Prerequisites: Cha 13, ability to channel positive energy.
Benefit: By expending a daily turn undead attempt, you can infuse the water around you with positive energy, which has the same effect as holy water. All creatures in a 20-foot radius around you immediately take damage as though they’d been struck directly by a flask of holy water. The water retains positive energy for a number of rounds equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier, and deals damage each round. Creatures unaffected by holy water are similarly unaffected by this ability.

WATER DEVOTION [DOMAIN]
You can create a water guardian.
Benefit: Once per day as a standard action, you can pour the contents of a full waterskin on the ground and summon forth a water elemental on that spot. The creature remains and follows your commands for 1 minute. The size of the elemental is based on your character level, as given in the table below.

Chart:
Character Level - Elemental Summoned
1st - 5th - Small
6th - 10th - Medium
11th - 15th - Large
16th - 20th - Huge

Special: You can select this feat multiple times, gaining one additional daily use each time you take it.
Special: If you have the ability to turn or rebuke undead, you gain one additional daily use of this feat for each daily turn or rebuke use you expend.

crimsonqueen
2012-07-11, 01:42 AM
Really? No suggestions or input?

JeminiZero
2012-07-12, 09:28 AM
My first thought is that you need to use tables instead of code. :smalltongue:

Pearls Blessing: The half damage outside of water can be rephrased as: "When not in a body of water, you deal half as much extra damage (roll dice normally, then half the damage and round down, minimum +1)."

That way Pearl's Blessing can start at level 1 with 1d8.

Water Devotion cannot be used underwater. You might need additional text like: "At 6th level you gain Water Devotion as a bonus feat. While the feat specifies that the water must be poured on the ground, you may also activate the feat while underwater."

You could create an ability similiar to Pearl Blade to remove the penalties for Bludgeoning Weapons, maybe call it "Pearl Hammer".

crimsonqueen
2012-07-12, 04:01 PM
My first thought is that you need to use tables instead of code. :smalltongue:

Pearls Blessing: The half damage outside of water can be rephrased as: "When not in a body of water, you deal half as much extra damage (roll dice normally, then half the damage and round down, minimum +1)."

That way Pearl's Blessing can start at level 1 with 1d8.

Water Devotion cannot be used underwater. You might need additional text like: "At 6th level you gain Water Devotion as a bonus feat. While the feat specifies that the water must be poured on the ground, you may also activate the feat while underwater."

You could create an ability similiar to Pearl Blade to remove the penalties for Bludgeoning Weapons, maybe call it "Pearl Hammer".

I don't know how to use tables hehehe ^^; pearls blessing was the same as in the book only slightly altered and I was trying to keep it from being over powered but with your idea I get the feeling your saying it could get better at each level? As for the water devotion I think I might do that, and the same goes for pearl hammer. :3