PDA

View Full Version : No maintenance?

DeusMortuusEst
2012-07-12, 03:14 AM
Did the forums not go down for maintenance at the same time today as usually? I might have missed something, but normally, the board takes a few minutes off at 10:00 CEST, today however everything seems 'fine'.

Am I being stupid again, or has the time been changed/the maintenace skipped today?

BR
Richard

The Succubus
2012-07-12, 03:30 AM
It's sneaking up on you right now as you type, waiting for you to type out that colossal wall-of-text for that PbP game. You'll spell check it, spend about 10 minutes putting the formatting tags in and BOOM, "Database backup now in progress". :smalltongue:

DeusMortuusEst
2012-07-12, 03:39 AM
It's sneaking up on you right now as you type, waiting for you to type out that colossal wall-of-text for that PbP game. You'll spell check it, spend about 10 minutes putting the formatting tags in and BOOM, "Database backup now in progress". :smalltongue:

That's partly why I asked, I posted in a pbp, and while the post was not too massive, it doesn't show up at all. Now, this might be due to some known bug, I know that we have a few around, but when I noticed that I posted after 10:00 I got curious as to why I hadn't been redirected to the maintenance page when clicking submit and thought that I should ask. Longest sentence ever.

EDIT: Post no showing up was due to 'first post on new page' bug.

Zale
2012-07-12, 04:22 AM
Oh, you're right..

I didn't notice...

The Maintenance is probably just waiting for enough large posts before it leaps forward to devour them.

Mando Knight
2012-07-12, 11:01 AM
The servers have learned that they get more victims if they switch to a random maintenance pattern. Today was just to lure you into a false sense of security. :smalltongue:

Seriously, though, with the announced server changes a couple weeks ago, I wouldn't be surprised if there were also unannounced server changes that allow data backup to occur less frequently or in the background or something. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

DeusMortuusEst
2012-07-12, 01:51 PM
The servers have learned that they get more victims if they switch to a random maintenance pattern. Today was just to lure you into a false sense of security. :smalltongue:

Seriously, though, with the announced server changes a couple weeks ago, I wouldn't be surprised if there were also unannounced server changes that allow data backup to occur less frequently or in the background or something. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

I'm not worried, more curious, I've gotten so used to the 10:00 break now that I almost miss it. :smalltongue: