PDA

View Full Version : jinx (PEACH)

inuyasha
2012-07-13, 12:39 PM
I am very tired of overpowered partys and i like demons so i thought up this cute little beast :smallbiggrin: enjoy

Jinx
Tiny Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Tanar'ri)
Hit Dice: 1d8 (4 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 20 ft., Fly 30 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 17 (+2 size +2 Dex +3 natural), touch 14, flat footed 15
BAB/Grapple: +1/-8
Attack: Claw +2 melee (1d3-1)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +2 melee (1d3-1)
Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Slip Up
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., tanar’ri traits
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 15, Con 11, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 12
Skills: Diplomacy +5, Escape Artist +6, Gather Information +5, Hide +16, Intimidate +5 , Listen +6, Move Silently +6, Search +5, Spot +6
Feats: Ability Focus (Slip up)
Environment: Cold layers of the Abyss
Organization: Solitary or plague 5-50
Challenge Rating: 1/2
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Advancement: 2-3 HD (Small)
Level Adjustment +1

Jinxes are among the lowest of all demons. They resemble small, dark, blue-skinned humanoids with bat wings and have diamond-shaped red eyes. These demons are known for causing mayhem in combat. For example, they can cause a raging barbarian to hit himself.

Jinxes speak Abyssal and Common.

Combat

Jinxes prefer to hide out of sight and use their slip up ability to cause as much damage before they flee to safety.

Slip Up (Su): When this gaze attack is used, a target within 30 feet must make a Will save (DC 15 plus 1 per 2 additional jinx in the swarm) or else attack the nearest ally or itself (jinx's choice). The save is charisma-based and has a +2 racial bonus.

Debihuman
2012-07-14, 08:22 AM
Did you mean this to be for a 3.0 game or 3.5? You did a good job with these. I really like their Slip Up ability. It has a few missteps and I cleaned up the text a bit.

It is missing skills. Outsiders get Skill points equal to (8 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die. So it has 36 skill points that it can use but no skill can have more than 4 ranks. Also, don't forget that Tiny creatures have +8 size bonus to Hide. The easiest way to assign this is to give it 9 skills at +4 ranks each and then adjust for ability modifiers. These make good sneaky villains so give them the following skills: Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Move Silently, Search, and Spot. However, they should make lousy interrogation subjects so don't give them any knowledge skills.

Some of your numbers are incorrect or missing. Initiative is equal to Dex bonus. Will save is +4 (+2 base +2 Wisdom). I've formatted it; you should read the threads on how to post (they are stickied as the first threads on this forum).

The CR is much too high. It looks like 1/2 rather than 2. The range of the gaze attack should be mentioned (30 feet is reasonable).

Here is how it would look in 3.5.

Jinx
Tiny Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Tanar'ri)
Hit Dice: 1d8 (4 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 20 ft., Fly 30 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 17 (+2 size +2 Dex +3 natural), touch 14, flat footed 15
BAB/Grapple: +1/-8
Attack: Claw +2 melee (1d3-1)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +2 melee (1d3-1)
Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Slip Up
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., tanar’ri traits
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 15, Con 11, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 12
Skills: Diplomacy +5, Escape Artist +6, Gather Information +5, Hide +16, Intimidate +5 , Listen +6, Move Silently +6, Search +5, Spot +6
Feats: Ability Focus (Slip up)
Environment: Cold layers of the Abyss
Organization: Solitary or plague 5-50
Challenge Rating: 1/2
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Advancement: 2-3 HD (Small)
Level Adjustment +1

Jinxes are among the lowest of all demons. They resemble small, dark, blue-skinned humanoids with bat wings and have diamond-shaped red eyes. These demons are known for causing mayhem in combat. For example, they can cause a raging barbarian to hit himself.

Jinxes speak Abyssal and Common.

Combat

Jinxes prefer to hide out of sight and use their slip up ability to cause as much damage before they flee to safety.

Slip Up (Su): When this gaze attack is used, a target within 30 feet must make a Will save (DC 15 plus 1 per 2 additional jinx in the swarm) or else attack the nearest ally or itself (jinx's choice). The save is charisma-based and has a +2 racial bonus.

Debby

inuyasha
2012-07-14, 09:24 AM
thank you debby I am meaning this to be 3.5 and so im glad you helped me out with this.