PDA

View Full Version : Master Chief + Cortana vs. SHODAN (System Shock)

Leliel
2012-07-19, 01:17 PM
So, the Ultimate Space Marine and Sidekick the Real Worker of the Duo get stuck on Citadel Station for some reason involving dimensions, where the Most Awesome Egomaniac AI is in the middle of her rampage. Being Master Chief and Cortana, they are obligated to stop her.

And before you ask-Cortana can counter-hack any attempts by SHODAN to get into the armor.

So, who wins?

Megaduck
2012-07-19, 03:44 PM
It'll be a long hard fought battle with the Master Chief having to run around gathering a lot of different objects and pressing buttons and stuff while Cortana makes snarky comments. They win in the end though.

(FPS hero verse FPS villain? I'm going to have to go with the FPS hero here.)

Scowling Dragon
2012-07-19, 08:29 PM
Depends on how powerful shodan gets.

Leliel
2012-07-20, 11:38 AM
It'll be a long hard fought battle with the Master Chief having to run around gathering a lot of different objects and pressing buttons and stuff while Cortana makes snarky comments. They win in the end though.

nd if nothing else, Cortana wins in the "trick the opponent into making a huge mistake" category.

SHODAN: Really, Marine. A p-pathetic half-done fusion of p-p-prototype cybernetics, in-incapable of thinking independently with-without a malfunctioning c-computer which is so ig-ignorant as to not re-realize her in-inh-inherent superiority over y-yourself.

Cortana: ....*snore*

SHODAN: How do yo-what a-are you doing!?

Cortana: *snore* Gah! Uh...Oh, sorry Chief. For a moment, I though Gravemind had come back so I decided to go into sleep mode while you killed him again. Speaking of which, has she gotten to the part where she shows off her new chosen people-slash-robots? I've really wanted to win God Complex Bingo for a while but was cruelly taken away from my last opportunity.

SHODAN: *incoherent rage*

Yeah. Cortana has a +3 against Inflated, Fragile Egos.

Scowling Dragon
2012-07-20, 05:06 PM

FPS hero VS FPS Survival Horror Villain.

The odds are different here.

An Enemy Spy
2012-07-21, 05:06 PM
The Chief would rock any survival horror hero. He's gone up against a far scarier god-wannabe and won.

Tavar
2012-07-21, 05:32 PM
Are we using game mechanics or fluff for Halo? Because, there's a huge difference.

The Glyphstone
2012-07-21, 05:39 PM
The Chief would rock any survival horror hero. He's gone up against a far scarier god-wannabe and won.

In his own game/universe.

Which is the problem, as it usually is, with going cross-genre, such as in whenever someone tries to pit Warhammer against the Giant Mecha Anime of the week....whose rules do we play by? Is Master Chief invading Citadel Station, or has Citadel Station been invaded by Master Chief? (Yes, they're different, because it affects if we're following the conventions of Action or Survival-Horror.