PDA

View Full Version : Karoht going to BC

Karoht
2012-07-26, 05:21 PM
I'm headed to British Columbia (a province in Canada) to visit some relatives. It's a 6 hour drive. But, I'm also looking to have something to do other than sit around my grandparents house.
August 5-11
I'll be in the Kamloops-ish area. I might decide to go and bike up at Sun Peaks on their cross country trails for a while. I'll be renting a bike there, unlikely to be able to fit my bike into my Honda Civic unless I dismantle it, which I am not too keen on doing.
I will probably bring my laptop and have a data plan on my phone by that point, so I should have internet access for the most part, but the place I am staying is in the mountains so that might make communication a bit sketchy.

I'm basically looking for some events to go watch/participate in during that time. I'm willing to drive as far as Vancouver to see something or do something.

Any suggestions? Any locals have some insider knowledge about their local awesomeness?

Ravens_cry
2012-07-26, 06:08 PM
I did live in that area, but that was, wow, close to two decades ago.
Still live in BC, but a bit far too bike unless you got gills.

Karoht
2012-07-27, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I think I'm going to go up to Sun Peaks for a day and hit some of the trails. I will have to see if my bike fits into the back of my car or not, the rentals are expensive.
Maybe I'll stay the night in the hotel, have a few drinks with the local crowd, go back to my grandparents place in the morning.
I haven't been biking with an iPod blasting music in ages.

I shall have to remember to pack a picnic lunch. Now I'm really wishing that my fiance could join me for the trip. Sadly, work is being really not nice to her lately.