PDA

View Full Version : Hawke (Dragon Age 2) v.s Kratos (God of War)

DarthArminius
2012-07-28, 02:48 PM
Kratos climbed the mountain for what seemed like only a few moments, but in truth, the God of War climbed Mt. Olympus for hours. His supernatural strength and Spartan resolve had made such a traversive distance from the Earth to the place of the Gods trivial. He would have his vengeance against Zeus and the gods who betrayed him. All of Olympus would come crumbling down if it would mean the death of the disgusting excuse for a father who had caused him so much pain. Just now, the God of War had gotten to his feet on the path to the house of the Gods, and silently awaited the now approaching figure with the bloodied face and red-glowing eyes.

"What fool now dares to oppose me? Zeus will fail to slay me with any mere pawns!" Hawke, now resolute in his goal to revive his Mother Leandra and his sister Bethany, and his brother Carver, would fight Kratos under Zeus'es banner. Waiting for Kratos to finish, the blood mage simply decided to respond to Kratos. "I wish there was another way out of this. Zeus has promised to ressurect my mother, my sister and my brother, if I could get rid of you. Could we not talk about this?"

Kratos spit on the ground beneath him. "You will not stop me from vengeance! Not with cold hard steel, and not with words! Be on your gaurd!" Suddenly, Kratos drew his chain blades, and Hawke readied the Staff of the Champion, and suddenly the battle of millenia had begun.

OOC:
Hawke is a level 30 Mage with the Staff of the Champion and the matching Champion set. He has maximum spell and ability slots for a Mage of 30th level, in addition to having found all of the books that grant extra feats.

Hawke (http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Hawke)

Kratos (http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Kratos)

Zevox
2012-07-28, 04:12 PM
In most circumstances, Kratos. Mage Hawke can be very powerful, no doubt there, but Kratos' entire character revolves around killing gods. He's a physical powerhouse who can take a massive beating, has those extendable blades on chains to attack from a distance well beyond what Dragon Age weapons do, and has some magic of his own if I recall correctly. And on top of that Dragon Age mages, for all their power, are still very much the glass cannons mages usually are, and do depend on meat-shield allies (more so in 2 than in 1). Hawke without a party backing her up is toast for sure thanks to that.

About Hawke's only chance is if she were a Blood Mage. Then she could take control of Kratos' body for an auto-win - unless we use the game mechanics that boss-type enemies are immune to that, in which case Hawke is screwed all around.

Zevox

DarthArminius
2012-07-28, 04:33 PM
In most circumstances, Kratos. Mage Hawke can be very powerful, no doubt there, but Kratos' entire character revolves around killing gods. He's a physical powerhouse who can take a massive beating, has those extendable blades on chains to attack from a distance well beyond what Dragon Age weapons do, and has some magic of his own if I recall correctly. And on top of that Dragon Age mages, for all their power, are still very much the glass cannons mages usually are, and do depend on meat-shield allies (more so in 2 than in 1). Hawke without a party backing her up is toast for sure thanks to that.

About Hawke's only chance is if she were a Blood Mage. Then she could take control of Kratos' body for an auto-win - unless we use the game mechanics that boss-type enemies are immune to that, in which case Hawke is screwed all around.

Zevox

The problem with that is that Hawke is only a glass cannon via game mechanics. He is cannonically a mage who is adept in melee enough to go head to head with the Arishok and score a hit which nearly kills him. He probably shouldn't engage Kratos in melee (obviously) but at level 30 he can master many if not all the Mage trees. (Never made it to 30, but I was pretty powerful around level 23-25)

Zevox
2012-07-28, 05:15 PM
The problem with that is that Hawke is only a glass cannon via game mechanics. He is cannonically a mage who is adept in melee enough to go head to head with the Arishok and score a hit which nearly kills him.
The fight with the Arishok plays out entirely in gameplay, in which you can only win by playing keep-away, so no, that is not cannon at all.

Also, the Arishok is not comparable to Kratos. He's a skilled warrior, sure, but he's no god-killer, which again, is the whole basis of Kratos' character. You're dealing with someone totally out of the Dragon Age setting's league there.

He probably shouldn't engage Kratos in melee (obviously) but at level 30 he can master many if not all the Mage trees. (Never made it to 30, but I was pretty powerful around level 23-25)
No, it is never possible to master all of the Mage trees, not even close. Pulling up my own mage, who is level 27, I have 29 abilities known, which is one shy of mastering three full trees (I actually have just one tree fully mastered, the others spread among several trees). I may have missed a bonus spell or two with that character, but that still aptly illustrates my point, since every tree has a total of ten spells/upgrades to purchase, and there are eight trees to pick from (six base, two specialization). That means you won't even get half the total spell trees available by max level.

Besides which, other than Blood Magic, which spells do you really think could stop Kratos? Other than maybe slowing him down with ice magic and force magic (the latter of which is a specialization she may not have), I don't see him being all that bothered by her powers, certainly not compared to what he's gone up against.

Zevox

Dr.Epic
2012-07-28, 06:16 PM
My money's on the bald guy that's really pale.

http://images.wikia.com/teamfourstar/images/f/ff/Ghost_Nappa.jpg

Yeah, not him, but he is pretty awesome.

Xondoure
2012-07-29, 03:29 AM
As I see it, either Kratos is immune to the 101 ways that a Dragon Age Mage can keep a single unit in suspension, or he rages through it and Hawke perishes.