PDA

View Full Version : Red Dragon Inn

danzibr
2012-08-01, 07:45 PM
If you don't know, Red Dragon Inn is a cool board game which takes place *after* the adventuring. After a long, hard day of adventuring, you go to the inn, and proceed to drink (which makes your alcohol content rise) and otherwise do things to make your allies' fortitude lower. It's quite fun.

My question is this: has anyone played this as a drinking game? It sounds like it'd be fun.

Kurgan
2012-08-02, 05:12 AM
My friends and I used to play this game all the time. Always good fun!

My question is this: has anyone played this as a drinking game? It sounds like it'd be fun.

I did! It ended poorly for me....

I would say: depends on how much you are drinking. I forget what we decided each drink equaled, but we ended up basically downing a shot per "one alcohol unit" in the game. Great fun during the game! Later....not so much. As in "my friends thought I had alcohol poisoning" bad.

My suggestion: make clear rules for what your drinks are BEFORE playing, rather than going "oh...that is a Jack and Coke, just pour a couple shots in it to make it worth 3" or the like.

Also, use a variety of drinks, after all, the game has a variety of drinks as well. :smallbiggrin:

Acanous
2012-08-02, 06:31 AM
the game itself is lots of fun, but doing it as a real drinking game is a BAD idea.

danzibr
2012-08-02, 08:10 AM
I'm sort of a light weight, so one shot per game alcohol content would be... disastrous, probably, unless I played as someone who's good at dodging the drinks. Maybe like 1/4 shot or something.

And why so, Acanous?

thugthrasher
2012-08-02, 01:27 PM
I love this game.

Played it as a drinking game once. Never will again. Yes, it's a lot of fun. No, it's not worth it later.

On another note, have you seen the "Gambling? I'm in!" addon? It works with all 3 versions and basically is just a lot of short gambling games that work as a kind of replacement to gambling in the game. It's a lot of fun.

Brumski
2012-08-03, 07:12 AM
Doable, just define when you have to drink, and what a "drink" is, in lighter terms so everyone doesn't starting throwing up. Perhaps you only have to take a drink when your character actually takes a drink or loses fort (or whatever the other end of the card was, I forget, only played it a couple times myself, and we did play it as a drinking game). And a "drink" is just a good amount of whatever beverage you happen to have, typically a beer or something of similar alcohol content, not a shot, that way lies madness.

Of course that could add some further strategy to the game, you might not want to stay in that game. And if your out-of-game self passes out, your in-game-character does as well.

sanwebs09
2012-08-04, 02:42 AM
Hello friend

Red Dragon is great Fun game .. This is my Favorite game ..