PDA

View Full Version : Team Rocket: How the Muk are They Still Alive?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Arcran
2012-08-04, 07:16 PM
We're on our third thread! Yeah! Best PTTA Game to get a third thread! We rock!

Thread Two. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243729)

Artemis resists the urge to kick the Petilil out of reflex. Hated them in Pinwheel Forest. They just watched you. Constantly. Same with the Pansage. One falling out of a tree would be funny.

She pulls out an Antidote and uses it on the Bayleef. "I'll be right back." She picks up the Grass type and carries it to the crate of potions and carefully applies them to the mon. She felt bad for it. Didn't do anything wrong, just had a trainer that clearly didn't know what they were doing. She's surprisingly gentle with the Bayleef, and leaves it's head resting in her lap until it comes to.

The Bayleef's breathing regulates upon having the Antidote applied. The potions help, the spray causing tiny vines to shoot over the skin, patching it up before your eyes.

It takes a little over eight minutes before it finally comes to. It is dazed at first before leaping to its feet, looking at you cautiously, leaf spinning slowly above its head.

Meanwhile, Gerald begins the process over at MC2, after grabbing another 10 fresh waters and antidotes to take care of whatever he finds there in addition to the potions.

You find only a few people that are alive but manage to patch them up fairly easily, all things considered. The only Pokemon here are dead; only one body is clear enough for a scan. A Larvitar, surrounded in the bodies of mangled Skorupi.

As you go inside the cart, you can hear whimpering in the back. A crate marked "Para-Amarid." A few more Potion crates, a box that may be Vitamins, although it is made of metal and has a padlock on it. A quick search doesn't find you any especially useful Pokemon; most are dead outside, although you do find a filled Pokeball.

Romeo struggles to contain himself when he sees the Vulpix. Sure, Vulpix were naturally gorgeous creatures, making them valued by Breeders, but this one was beautiful. More of a contest pokemon than a battler.

'Jessica, did you get a sense of whether we can convince these pokemon to help us avenge their trainers if the Skorupi come back? The Zangoose, Machop and Vulpix could be helpful. But we can't go letting them out if they'll just attack us.'

"I can try," Jessica says as she wraps a bandage around a cut. "Autumn's didn't seem very hostile, although that Zangoose may be tough."

Eshkigal
2012-08-04, 07:25 PM
Gerald's brow raises at the larvitar. Damn someone was rich...
"Skorupi are gone now! Safe to come out. Well, certain in one minute."
Curious, he applies fresh waters to the living before sending the mon out directly outside the cart.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-04, 08:15 PM
'Thanks Jessica.' Romeo leans over and helps her with her bandage, before rolling off to see if anyone else needed treatment. 'Mark, any carts yet to be checked for survivors or wounded?'

Esprit15
2012-08-04, 09:57 PM
Jessica, could you come over here? Her Bayleef is a bit nervous around me. While she waits for Jessica to come over, Artemis tries to send it an image of her taking care of the Bayleef and the condition she found it it. If you can understand me, I'm only trying to take care of you.

hustlertwo
2012-08-04, 10:32 PM
Paul pockets the suspect balls for now and goes to help load out the gear onto the remaining wagons, with Willy and Zippo remaining out and prepared in case the Steelrupi return.

Arcran
2012-08-04, 11:43 PM
Gerald's brow raises at the larvitar. Damn someone was rich...
"Skorupi are gone now! Safe to come out. Well, certain in one minute."
Curious, he applies fresh waters to the living before sending the mon out directly outside the cart.

You hear somebody crawling out of the wagon which distracts you from the 'mon being released.

"Hello?" the kid from earlier says, looking badly shaken up. "Gerald!" he shouts, running and grabbing you, sobbing all over your leg.

Your 'dex beeps, done scanning the Pokemon. A Pokemon forged deep underground in the mantle. A Pokemon with a hide as strong as steel. A Pokemon with a core stronger than steel.

A Roggenrola. According to your Pokedex, it's pretty bad ass.

Roggenrola, Lazy. Sturdy. Level 16. Male.

'Thanks Jessica.' Romeo leans over and helps her with her bandage, before rolling off to see if anyone else needed treatment. 'Mark, any carts yet to be checked for survivors or wounded?'

"Don't think so. Your friend went up front, he should be back soon."

"Thanks," Jessica says with a shy smile. She stands up as Artemis calls. "I- I have to help your friend."

Jessica, could you come over here? Her Bayleef is a bit nervous around me. While she waits for Jessica to come over, Artemis tries to send it an image of her taking care of the Bayleef and the condition she found it it. If you can understand me, I'm only trying to take care of you.

The Bayleef stops twirling the leaf as Jessica gets nearer, but it still eyes you cautiously.

"It's just nervous, that's all. Last thing it knew it was almost dead from that Drapion, then wakes up with you right here. It's scared."

The Bayleef seems to nod in agreement.

Paul pockets the suspect balls for now and goes to help load out the gear onto the remaining wagons, with Willy and Zippo remaining out and prepared in case the Steelrupi return.

Willy stands ready, almost jumping with excitement. While Zippo doesn't seem to be doing anything, every so often you feel the air around your copious ass heat up. When you turn to Zippo it's instantly gone. While it doesn't hurt, you kind of have a waterfall going back there.

Eshkigal
2012-08-04, 11:52 PM
"Tik!"
Sparky waves her front legs in joy before hopping onto the kid's head, giving him a hug. The kid survived initial contact!
"You and your parents alright, John?"
Joe gives a gurgling greeting as well, before waving a fin at the roggenrola.

Esprit15
2012-08-04, 11:57 PM
Artemis slowly approaches the Bayleef. "We were fighting some of those things. Jessica was too, with your trainer before she died." She motions to the Empath. "I was the one who was reviving you." She holds up the empty antidote and several potion bottles before putting them away again, and trying to pet the Bayleef.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-05, 12:16 AM
'Mark, you said you could sell us stones cheap? How much for a thunder or fire stone?'

Arcran
2012-08-05, 09:08 AM
"Tik!"
Sparky waves her front legs in joy before hopping onto the kid's head, giving him a hug. The kid survived initial contact!
"You and your parents alright, John?"
Joe gives a gurgling greeting as well, before waving a fin at the roggenrola.

At mention of his parents John just sobs harder.

Artemis slowly approaches the Bayleef. "We were fighting some of those things. Jessica was too, with your trainer before she died." She motions to the Empath. "I was the one who was reviving you." She holds up the empty antidote and several potion bottles before putting them away again, and trying to pet the Bayleef.

The Bayleef steps forward, still eyeing you warily. It sniffs the potions and Antidote, then looks at you for a long second before nuzzling your leg.

'Mark, you said you could sell us stones cheap? How much for a thunder or fire stone?'

Mark thinks for a second. "Won't lose any money if I sell them half price. ^1,500 fair? That's as low as I can go at the moment."

hustlertwo
2012-08-05, 09:15 AM
Paul taps in to Zippo's mind.

Cheeky bugger. Pun intended. I suppose I need to get to know you better, little one. I am Paul, the person you are currently giving swamp-butt. What are your thoughts of the world during your whole two days or so of life?

He also approaches Mark after hearing of the cost.

I'll take a Leaf Stone, then, assuming those are on the table as well.

Esprit15
2012-08-05, 09:25 AM
"There we go." She keeps petting the Bayleef. "Without your trainer I think you're coming with me. Would survive a lot lover than if we let you run wild here." She keeps petting the Bayleef for about a minute before recalling it. Then she thinks better of it and let's it back out. "I don't know what it's like in a ball, but I have a feeling it is more enjoyable out here. Marginally." She goes to find Gerald, the Bayleef by her. "How's your Growlithe holding up after the fight?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-05, 09:46 AM
'I've only got 1400, but I could throw in a pokeball for you to cover the loss. I'm wanting one as a back-up incase we really need the extra muscle for what's coming up next. We both know those Skorupi will be back.'

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-08-05, 10:44 AM
"Oh."
Aw judge, what was Arte's advice again? Not violence, not shove off...
He looks to Sparky, who's begun cooing softly and patting the kid's head.
Oh yeah...
He pats the kid's back gently.
"Sorry, kid. Didn't realize..."
He looks up as Arte approaches.
Got Wagner healed up at MC 3 before checking the other two. Think John here just lost his parents, mind checking?

Esprit15
2012-08-05, 11:12 AM
Fine, just don't expect consoling from me. She checks what the kid is thinking about.

Eshkigal
2012-08-05, 11:29 AM
Have to learn how to do this myself some time...

Arcran
2012-08-05, 12:34 PM
Paul taps in to Zippo's mind.

Cheeky bugger. Pun intended. I suppose I need to get to know you better, little one. I am Paul, the person you are currently giving swamp-butt. What are your thoughts of the world during your whole two days or so of life?

He also approaches Mark after hearing of the cost.

I'll take a Leaf Stone, then, assuming those are on the table as well.

Mark does the trade, handing the Leaf Stone over for the cash.

You get a mental snicker from the Heatmor. It fun. Lots of stuff to do. No like bugs. Bugs are mean and nasty and hurt Zippo. Swamp butt funny. People laugh at Paul with swamp butt.

As he says this, you do notice that Psychic chick, Artemis's friend, not Empath one, the other, laughing at you.

"There we go." She keeps petting the Bayleef. "Without your trainer I think you're coming with me. Would survive a lot lover than if we let you run wild here." She keeps petting the Bayleef for about a minute before recalling it. Then she thinks better of it and let's it back out. "I don't know what it's like in a ball, but I have a feeling it is more enjoyable out here. Marginally." She goes to find Gerald, the Bayleef by her. "How's your Growlithe holding up after the fight?"

The Bayleef follows. Hesitantly, but it follows. It still seems wary of you.

'I've only got 1400, but I could throw in a pokeball for you to cover the loss. I'm wanting one as a back-up incase we really need the extra muscle for what's coming up next. We both know those Skorupi will be back.'

[roll0]

Why do I even bother with CHA checks for you?

"Deal," Mark says without even pondering, tossing over the stone upon receiving the cash.

"Oh."
Aw judge, what was Arte's advice again? Not violence, not shove off...
He looks to Sparky, who's begun cooing softly and patting the kid's head.
Oh yeah...
He pats the kid's back gently.
"Sorry, kid. Didn't realize..."
He looks up as Arte approaches.
Got Wagner healed up at MC 3 before checking the other two. Think John here just lost his parents, mind checking?

The kid doesn't say anything, just sobbing into your pant leg.

Fine, just don't expect consoling from me. She checks what the kid is thinking about.

You see the kid and his mom in the wagon just before the Skorupi attacked. You see the horde rushing the wagon, a few people trying to fight them off it vain. A Poison Sting flying at the kid, stopped by the mom. The mom, slowly dying from poison, the kid having no choice but to watch.

hustlertwo
2012-08-05, 12:57 PM
I can't deny the comedy value inherent in a sweaty backside. If that's the game you like to play, I think we'll get along fine. I have a few other people in mind who could use some controlled applications of heat. And we're not too fond of the bugs either.

Paul walks over to the site where his former fan still sits with the hole in his chest, and then sending out the man's Zangoose. He speaks to it immediately in case it starts to attack, and does a quick attempt at Channeling to protect himself and the others, mon and human alike.

[roll0]

Hold up, big guy. Your owner, well, I'm sorry, but he didn't make it. Those rotten mecha-bugs took him down..

Here he points to some of the Steelrupi carcasses littering the landscape.

If it makes any difference, he took some of them down himself before it happened. You might have heard him mention me before; I am Paul Ticker, another trainer. I want to try and look after you for a while since he cannot. Let me know what you think of that.

If the forced Channel did not work, he tries again in a gentle fashion, if the mon allows.

Esprit15
2012-08-05, 01:07 PM
Artemis relays the image to Gerald. "Another body. Just Muking great. Want us to bury it or something, or are you going to keep crying? People die. A lot. She died saving you. Now grow the Muk up and start being of some use or her dying will have been useless." Still so terrible with people. Yeah, big Muking deal. He needs something harsh to happen in his life, the spoiled brat.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-05, 01:22 PM
Ethan dashes over to Artemis and Gerald. Hey, guys. A word? Ethan motions to a spot far enough away the boy couldn't hear. He grabs both of them by the arms, Artemis with his mechanical hand and grabbing Gerald's normal one.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-05, 01:31 PM
Cos you know one day, when I need it, I'll roll a 1 on a Charisma check

Romeo pockets the stone. He didn't want to evolve Fairy so soon, but he needed it incase things went south. He let Fairy out and told her his plan, just so she would know in advanced. He promised his little pika that he'd try and not use it yet if he could help it.

He then sends out the Vulpix. 'Hey there beautiful. Jessica told you what happened, right? Would you like to help me avenge your trainer and protect these people she wanted to protect with your fire ability? We need all the help we can get.' He holds out his hand to it.

Esprit15
2012-08-05, 01:58 PM
Artemis only manages a "Wha-" before being pulled off by surprise.

Eshkigal
2012-08-05, 02:06 PM
"Huh? You said no consoling, not lashing out, Arte. Could've just said another body and be done. Check on a machop at MC1, see if it was up and has a trainer still."
He stoops down and pulls the kid back gently, so his hands are resting on the kid's shoulders.
"However, she's right. We are sorely lacking time. So deep breaths, in, out. Then we teach you how to bury pain."
Ethan grabs his metal hand then.
"Can we take this kid to Romeo or someone first? Someone who's...well, good at this?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-05, 02:08 PM
In a whisper My thoughts exactly Gerald. Niether of you are the most emotionally stable nor the most consoling and we don't need another bleary eyed brat in our midst at the moment.

Eshkigal
2012-08-05, 02:13 PM
"Another-hey, why are you both ganging up? John's been nothing but polite since I met him. Even fixed a pokeball on his own."

Esprit15
2012-08-05, 02:16 PM
"Can we please just toss him in a cart or throw him to the Skorupi when they come back? He and his friend have been worse than useless and running after them is going to get someone killed, and someone babysitting them constantly loses us a guard or other able bodied person." At Gerald's comment, she scoffs. "Fixed a ball. Then proceeds to wander off and get attacked by Skorupi when he wanders off without even thinking."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-05, 02:16 PM
I'm worried about him and niether of you are the best to handle him right now. Lets just let Jessica or Romeo help him alright?

Eshkigal
2012-08-05, 02:22 PM
"He doesn't even have a pokemon, Arte! Of course he didn't do much! And I taught him to hide when things went bad, didn't have time to teach him how to slit a throat!"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-05, 02:24 PM
Ethan forces himself between his coworkers. Stop. We are all on edge and we don't need to be fighitng amonst ourselves. Artemis go get Jessica. Gerald, keep looting.

Esprit15
2012-08-05, 02:27 PM
"Fine." Artemis walks off to find Jessica, mumbling something about stupid kids not belonging here.

Eshkigal
2012-08-05, 02:45 PM
"Arte!"
Once she turns around, he pulls out a steelupi.
"Catch."
And he tosses her pokeball over. He pulls out the other one and hands it to Ethan.
"Not just looting. Also been applying fresh waters. Now where's Romeo."
He looks to the kid, and gives him a hug.
"Sorry John. Let's get you to my friend Romeo. He's nice normally. He'll know what to do. Honor between orphans on that."

Esprit15
2012-08-05, 02:51 PM
Artemis turns and stops the ball from beaning her in the head. "Hm?" She scans it with the dex. One of the Skorupi. Hm, decent defensively. Quite good, actually. Still, attacking her and her group would mean storing it is preferable for now. Back to finding people. "Jessica! Ethan was looking for you!"

Arcran
2012-08-05, 03:33 PM
I can't deny the comedy value inherent in a sweaty backside. If that's the game you like to play, I think we'll get along fine. I have a few other people in mind who could use some controlled applications of heat. And we're not too fond of the bugs either.

Paul walks over to the site where his former fan still sits with the hole in his chest, and then sending out the man's Zangoose. He speaks to it immediately in case it starts to attack, and does a quick attempt at Channeling to protect himself and the others, mon and human alike.

[roll0]

Hold up, big guy. Your owner, well, I'm sorry, but he didn't make it. Those rotten mecha-bugs took him down..

Here he points to some of the Steelrupi carcasses littering the landscape.

If it makes any difference, he took some of them down himself before it happened. You might have heard him mention me before; I am Paul Ticker, another trainer. I want to try and look after you for a while since he cannot. Let me know what you think of that.

If the forced Channel did not work, he tries again in a gentle fashion, if the mon allows.

Zippo goes back to his harmless prank, although this time he makes Taylor sweat through her shirt. Unfortunately it isn't white, but you can't always win, right?

The Zangoose repulses your first Channel attempt easily, glaring at you. You almost don't get the words out, but you somehow manage to.

As you speak it slowly advances, claws ready to cut open your copious gut. By the time you are done talking it is directly adjacent to you, growling. The second time you try to get into his mind, he lets you in.

I no care if you Paul Ticker. That what master said when we lost. "Paul Ticker no lose." You made him get angry at us. And now he dead. Why I let you live?

Artemis relays the image to Gerald. "Another body. Just Muking great. Want us to bury it or something, or are you going to keep crying? People die. A lot. She died saving you. Now grow the Muk up and start being of some use or her dying will have been useless." Still so terrible with people. Yeah, big Muking deal. He needs something harsh to happen in his life, the spoiled brat.

The kid sobs even harder at this. His nose is running now, getting snot on Gerald's leg.

Cos you know one day, when I need it, I'll roll a 1 on a Charisma check

Romeo pockets the stone. He didn't want to evolve Fairy so soon, but he needed it incase things went south. He let Fairy out and told her his plan, just so she would know in advanced. He promised his little pika that he'd try and not use it yet if he could help it.

He then sends out the Vulpix. 'Hey there beautiful. Jessica told you what happened, right? Would you like to help me avenge your trainer and protect these people she wanted to protect with your fire ability? We need all the help we can get.' He holds out his hand to it.

The Vulpix eyes you for a second, then puts its paw on your hand. Well, that was easy. It looks over towards where Autumn's body is, the pile of stones around it. With a breath it sends a burst of flames at it, blackening the rocks. You get the feeling the Vulpix wasn't nicely cremating the body.

"Huh? You said no consoling, not lashing out, Arte. Could've just said another body and be done. Check on a machop at MC1, see if it was up and has a trainer still."
He stoops down and pulls the kid back gently, so his hands are resting on the kid's shoulders.
"However, she's right. We are sorely lacking time. So deep breaths, in, out. Then we teach you how to bury pain."
Ethan grabs his metal hand then.
"Can we take this kid to Romeo or someone first? Someone who's...well, good at this?"

The kid tries to stop crying, but tears still stream down his face.

"Mommy's dead and you expect- you expect- you expect," he says, before starting to cry again.

"Arte!"
Once she turns around, he pulls out a steelupi.
"Catch."
And he tosses her pokeball over. He pulls out the other one and hands it to Ethan.
"Not just looting. Also been applying fresh waters. Now where's Romeo."
He looks to the kid, and gives him a hug.
"Sorry John. Let's get you to my friend Romeo. He's nice normally. He'll know what to do. Honor between orphans on that."

The kid tries to wipe his eyes on his shirt and walks with you to Romeo.

Artemis turns and stops the ball from beaning her in the head. "Hm?" She scans it with the dex. One of the Skorupi. Hm, decent defensively. Quite good, actually. Still, attacking her and her group would mean storing it is preferable for now. Back to finding people. "Jessica! Ethan was looking for you!"

Jessica stops unloading the truck and comes to help.

"Yes?" she says. You notice she is sweating much more than she should although only around the boobs and ass.

Esprit15
2012-08-05, 03:46 PM
Artemis pauses. "Whoa, ah, you're sweating a lot... anyways, kid's really upset. Mother died or something. If you're not busy with anything you might be of some help in calming him down. Better than myself and Gerald certainly. Gah, what were they thinking, bringing kids on this kind of trip!?" Artemis starts unloading the stuff that Jessica had stopped taking out.

Eshkigal
2012-08-05, 03:46 PM
"Sorry, John. I don't...I don't know what you're going through. Never had parents. Had Sister Jayline until I was four, and I guess she was like a mom, but when she died I didn't even understand what happened. All I know is how to cope with new pain, inside and outside, quickly. All I know that can help you here. Now, Romeo, on the other hand...Romeo gets these things. He can help you, make you feel like the world can still be a good place."
He gives the kid another hug, pretty sure that's what you do, while Sparky continues cooing and patting the kid on the head.
"...Would something to remember her by help?"

Arcran
2012-08-05, 06:44 PM
Artemis pauses. "Whoa, ah, you're sweating a lot... anyways, kid's really upset. Mother died or something. If you're not busy with anything you might be of some help in calming him down. Better than myself and Gerald certainly. Gah, what were they thinking, bringing kids on this kind of trip!?" Artemis starts unloading the stuff that Jessica had stopped taking out.

"Yeah, it's like it's really hot, but it's cloudy," Jessica says perplexedly.

"Anyways, I'll try to talk to him, alright? And this Route usually isn't too bad.
Those Growlithe would have been the worst we saw, but this whole thing is just weird. Bringing a kid along is pretty normal," she says as she goes to talk to the kid.

"Sorry, John. I don't...I don't know what you're going through. Never had parents. Had Sister Jayline until I was four, and I guess she was like a mom, but when she died I didn't even understand what happened. All I know is how to cope with new pain, inside and outside, quickly. All I know that can help you here. Now, Romeo, on the other hand...Romeo gets these things. He can help you, make you feel like the world can still be a good place."
He gives the kid another hug, pretty sure that's what you do, while Sparky continues cooing and patting the kid on the head.
"...Would something to remember her by help?"

The kid runs into the wagon and grabs his mom's necklace before coming back out, sniffling, but no longer crying.

"Here, let me talk to him," Jessica says, starting to talk to him.

This is Romeo's chance to talk to the kid if he wants to.

Eshkigal
2012-08-05, 06:54 PM
"Thanks."
Want to talk to you and Taylor some time, too. Plans and egg trades, mostly.
He holds a hand out, and Sparky shakes her head. Not yet. Nodding, he goes back to organize the merchants in all the carts to get the dead seen to and the dead mon skinned, butchered, or tossed in a cart, explaining how they can be used to improve protection of the group with their hides and feed the party with their meat. Waste not, after all. After that, he checks on the machop.

hustlertwo
2012-08-05, 07:29 PM
Paul sweats a bit for reasons not related to his Heatmor as he looks at the creature's long, vicious claws.

I can think of a few reasons, sure. For one, look at the Pokemon alongside me right now. Do they seem angry, or unhappy with their treatment?

He points to the excitable Sandshrew and mischievious Heatmor.

For another, you cannot survive alone out here, with these creatures roaming around. You need a master, one with allies to help keep you safe even as you work to keep them safe. And there's perhaps the biggest reason of all: I am Paul Ticker. Your master said Paul Ticker does not lose. If that is true, then what do you think would happen if you fought me? And what do you think would happen if you joined forces with me instead. Winning, that's what. Lots of winning Which I can tell you, sure beats the crap out of losing.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-05, 07:56 PM
Romeo pulls out his Mew necklace. 'I'm sorta like you. My sister has one, just like this. No matter how far apart we are, we are connected by these mementos. It lets me know, no matter what, that she loves me. And even though your mum isn't here, that necklace will let you know that your mum loves you. I'll tell you what. When we get to Lavander, me and you can go visit the tower. If you go there, she can hear you. She might not be able to talk back, but she'll hear you. Would that cheer you up?'

Esprit15
2012-08-05, 09:54 PM
Artemis spots the Heatmor making what appears to be a chuckling sound. "See how you feel if you avoid Paul and the Fire type," she adds as the Psychic leaves. Hm, what was she taking out anyways? She looks at the boxes that have been unloaded so far.

Arcran
2012-08-05, 10:50 PM
"Thanks."
Want to talk to you and Taylor some time, too. Plans and egg trades, mostly.
He holds a hand out, and Sparky shakes her head. Not yet. Nodding, he goes back to organize the merchants in all the carts to get the dead seen to and the dead mon skinned, butchered, or tossed in a cart, explaining how they can be used to improve protection of the group with their hides and feed the party with their meat. Waste not, after all. After that, he checks on the machop.

After a few short minutes of instruction you get the merchants to start burying the dead in shallow graves with some shovels found in the back wagon. A few other gather up some dead Pokemon; besides the ones you found there is only a Skitty.

50 Normal.

Paul sweats a bit for reasons not related to his Heatmor as he looks at the creature's long, vicious claws.

I can think of a few reasons, sure. For one, look at the Pokemon alongside me right now. Do they seem angry, or unhappy with their treatment?

He points to the excitable Sandshrew and mischievious Heatmor.

For another, you cannot survive alone out here, with these creatures roaming around. You need a master, one with allies to help keep you safe even as you work to keep them safe. And there's perhaps the biggest reason of all: I am Paul Ticker. Your master said Paul Ticker does not lose. If that is true, then what do you think would happen if you fought me? And what do you think would happen if you joined forces with me instead. Winning, that's what. Lots of winning Which I can tell you, sure beats the crap out of losing.

The Zangoose stops advancing, going down to all fours in a more natural stance.

You right. Metal bugs no cut good. I join until we reach town. Then I choose. If you are good as master said, I stay.

After he finishes talking, he heads over to the body, likely to pay his last respects. He cuts either cheek of the wagon leader with his claws, then comes back.

Ready.

Romeo pulls out his Mew necklace. 'I'm sorta like you. My sister has one, just like this. No matter how far apart we are, we are connected by these mementos. It lets me know, no matter what, that she loves me. And even though your mum isn't here, that necklace will let you know that your mum loves you. I'll tell you what. When we get to Lavander, me and you can go visit the tower. If you go there, she can hear you. She might not be able to talk back, but she'll hear you. Would that cheer you up?'

The kid nods, finally wiping the last of the tears from his eyes.

"Want to talk to mommy. Thanks Romi."

He heads to sit in the back wagon, taking a seat past where things were getting loaded.

"You're good at that," Jessica says, looking at you. "You sure you're not a little bit Psychic? Maybe a little bit of Influential or Empath?"

Artemis spots the Heatmor making what appears to be a chuckling sound. "See how you feel if you avoid Paul and the Fire type," she adds as the Psychic leaves. Hm, what was she taking out anyways? She looks at the boxes that have been unloaded so far.

Jessica looks at the Heatmor before she helps the kid, a frown on her face.

Most of the boxes are Potions and Antidotes. There are some that are more basic trade goods; heavy crates of Marinium (A Psychic respondent metal), Psychic Amplifiers, and various other Psychic manufactured items from Saffron. A crate labeled "GUNS" is almost loaded but Mark has it set aside instead. The last crate to be loaded has a large heat lamp on it. Looking inside you can see large numbers of green, purple, and yellow eggs.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-05, 10:57 PM
Ethan approaches Mark as the caravan reworks its cargo. So your in charge now? What do you plan to do when the Skorupi attack again?

Esprit15
2012-08-05, 11:03 PM
Hm, Marinium. Curse her school not teaching much about Psychics. She wanted to know what that was good for. Eh, make a note to look it up later. Or ask Ethan. He was from a mining town, right? Might at least recognize the stuff. Hey Ethan, you worked at the Pewter Museum for a while, right? Marinium. What's that used for?

The amplifiers were interesting. Probably average quality, maybe slightly above average. Should ask Gerald about making her one if he can. Might make it less tiring to fight for her. And eggs. Hm. "Hey Mark, what kind of eggs are you transporting there? And what would you say about arming the merchants with those guns and giving them some incendiaries? Would prevent the massacre we had here if and when we see those Skorupi again."

Arcran
2012-08-06, 09:58 AM
Ethan approaches Mark as the caravan reworks its cargo. So your in charge now? What do you plan to do when the Skorupi attack again?

"We'll get the wagons as close as possible and return the Rhyhorn right away. Get everyone we can a gun and hope that they can do a little damage. People that can use guns best get incendiaries and can do a bit more damage."

Hm, Marinium. Curse her school not teaching much about Psychics. She wanted to know what that was good for. Eh, make a note to look it up later. Or ask Ethan. He was from a mining town, right? Might at least recognize the stuff. Hey Ethan, you worked at the Pewter Museum for a while, right? Marinium. What's that used for?

The amplifiers were interesting. Probably average quality, maybe slightly above average. Should ask Gerald about making her one if he can. Might make it less tiring to fight for her. And eggs. Hm. "Hey Mark, what kind of eggs are you transporting there? And what would you say about arming the merchants with those guns and giving them some incendiaries? Would prevent the massacre we had here if and when we see those Skorupi again."

Unfortunately, Ethan is unable to recognize the strange metal other than knowing it has something to do with Psychics.

"That's why the guns are set aside," he says, somewhat annoyed. "And if I gave incendiaries to merchants who barely know which way to point a gun then we won't have any for people that can actually shoot."

"As for the eggs, some Ralts, a couple Abra, and Gothita."

Esprit15
2012-08-06, 10:27 AM
"Understandable. Do you need us to do anything else, or rather, what else is needed of us?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-06, 10:45 AM
'Me, a psychic? Why does everyone keep suggesting that? If people keep telling me that...' Romeo had no idea how to finish that sentence. He wasn't going to try the test again, and he was sure if he asked Sabrina, she'd break his kneecaps with her mind. 'I'm ... pretty sure that I'm not.'

Romeo rolls over to Mark, Arte and Ethan, not much else he could do right now if everyone was patched up. 'Eggs? Want me to take a look at them, see if they are damaged.' Romeo has a peek at the eggs.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-08-06, 11:14 AM
Gerald stares as they begin digging. He'd said to deal with the dead. Thought that normally entailed rolling them into a ditch instead of this complicated stuff. Shrugging, he looks for the machop that had been alive at Merchant Cart 1, and for Mark.

Arcran
2012-08-06, 02:50 PM
"Understandable. Do you need us to do anything else, or rather, what else is needed of us?"

"You guys find something to do. We're just about loaded. Find stuff to pull a wagon or something."

'Me, a psychic? Why does everyone keep suggesting that? If people keep telling me that...' Romeo had no idea how to finish that sentence. He wasn't going to try the test again, and he was sure if he asked Sabrina, she'd break his kneecaps with her mind. 'I'm ... pretty sure that I'm not.'

Romeo rolls over to Mark, Arte and Ethan, not much else he could do right now if everyone was patched up. 'Eggs? Want me to take a look at them, see if they are damaged.' Romeo has a peek at the eggs.

[roll0]

The eggs seem to be in good shape for the most part; one in the bottom has a Poison Sting through it, leaving half-devolped Abra dead, but other than that the rest are healthy looking.

Gerald stares as they begin digging. He'd said to deal with the dead. Thought that normally entailed rolling them into a ditch instead of this complicated stuff. Shrugging, he looks for the machop that had been alive at Merchant Cart 1, and for Mark.

Mark is still in the back, loading stuff off the destroyed passenger wagons.

The Machop is just beginning to stir to consciousness when you arrive. It slowly stands up, blinking.

Esprit15
2012-08-06, 03:01 PM
Let's see, Mjolnir, Sim, who else? Artemis finds everyone who she remembered having a strong Pokémon and starts hooking them up to the wagons.

Eshkigal
2012-08-06, 03:16 PM
Gerald goes over to the machop, and kneels down, getting to about eye level.
"Welcome back. Steel plated skorupi bastards are gone, but there were casualties. Need your help finding your trainer and hopefully friend."

hustlertwo
2012-08-06, 04:07 PM
Paul nods to the Zangoose, not quite willing to touch the touchy mon just yet.

Very well. I will leave you out to observe the actions of both myself and the Pokemon I work with, and you can decide at the end of the trip if it seems sufficient for you to ally with.

What should I call you, then?

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-06, 05:30 PM
Romeo carefully and tenderly removes the dead egg from the crate, looking for where the attack punctured the box and tried to patch it up with whatever tools he could find.

Tell me if I need to roll anything to fix the egg box.

Speaking of eggs.

Romeo takes Puck out of his pokeball. 'Hey, little man. Awesome showing that last match.' Him and his Togepi exchange a tiny high 5. 'Just be careful. I know you're ready to evolve soon, but until then your body is still a bit frail. Try not to get hit too much.' Romeo once again pick up his little buddy, gives him a cuddle, and examines his shell for signs of wear and tear. 'I think it'd be a nice surprise for Fortuna if you evolved before we got to Lavander, but don't go trying too hard. It'll happen when you are ready.'

Arcran
2012-08-06, 07:28 PM
Let's see, Mjolnir, Sim, who else? Artemis finds everyone who she remembered having a strong Pokémon and starts hooking them up to the wagons.

Your allies lend you their strong Pokemon if they want to, allowing you to hitch up a Pokemon.

Who were you attaching? And who were you asking>?

Gerald goes over to the machop, and kneels down, getting to about eye level.
"Welcome back. Steel plated skorupi bastards are gone, but there were casualties. Need your help finding your trainer and hopefully friend."

The Machop hops into the wagon to find its trainer. It finds a person, obviously quite dead, and starts tapping on its shoulder. When they don't respond, it hits harder.

Paul nods to the Zangoose, not quite willing to touch the touchy mon just yet.

Very well. I will leave you out to observe the actions of both myself and the Pokemon I work with, and you can decide at the end of the trip if it seems sufficient for you to ally with.

What should I call you, then?'

Tavi. it says, hopping up on the wagon and perching a little too close to your face. Just Tavi.

Romeo carefully and tenderly removes the dead egg from the crate, looking for where the attack punctured the box and tried to patch it up with whatever tools he could find.

Tell me if I need to roll anything to fix the egg box.

Speaking of eggs.

Romeo takes Puck out of his pokeball. 'Hey, little man. Awesome showing that last match.' Him and his Togepi exchange a tiny high 5. 'Just be careful. I know you're ready to evolve soon, but until then your body is still a bit frail. Try not to get hit too much.' Romeo once again pick up his little buddy, gives him a cuddle, and examines his shell for signs of wear and tear. 'I think it'd be a nice surprise for Fortuna if you evolved before we got to Lavander, but don't go trying too hard. It'll happen when you are ready.'

You manage to patch the box up no-problem.

The little egg nods, looking happy. As you check the egg for wear and tear, you notice the tiniest bone nubs starting to point out over the shell; another sign of eminent evolution.

Eshkigal
2012-08-06, 07:35 PM
Gerald stays just out of arm's reach, putting his gun far enough out of arm's reach first that he won't pull it if the mon rushes him. Joe sits on top of the cart, keeping an eye out.
"I'm sorry. Apparently your trainer is among the dead."
He looks at the machop, awkwardly.
"Is...is there anything I can do to help?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-06, 08:02 PM
Ethan grabs 3 pokeballs from his belt, releasing Mjolnir, Sim, and Quartz. Alright, we need your help pulling carts ok? Sim, Transform into one of those Rhyhorn. I'll hitch all 3 of you to this wagon right here, in the back. As Ethan hitches Mjolnir, he studies the mechanical mon for signs of evolution.

Alright, thats 1 power 5, 2 power 3s, to the back Wagon. Is it still a passanger cart?

hustlertwo
2012-08-06, 08:58 PM
Right. Tavi it is.

Paul sends out the Rhyhorn from the wagon leader, resfastening it to the front wagon. He bellows to the others.

We getting ready to go? Kinda not liking the thought of remaining here overnight. And without a Moon Stone, we might need something up here to help pull this wagon.

Esprit15
2012-08-06, 09:05 PM
She asks all the guards and team members for anything with Power 3 or above. Mjolnir, transformed Sim, etc.

Arcran
2012-08-06, 09:49 PM
Gerald stays just out of arm's reach, putting his gun far enough out of arm's reach first that he won't pull it if the mon rushes him. Joe sits on top of the cart, keeping an eye out.
"I'm sorry. Apparently your trainer is among the dead."
He looks at the machop, awkwardly.
"Is...is there anything I can do to help?"

The Machop looks at you questioningly. Now that you get a better look and read over the Pokedex data, it's smaller than normal. Probably young. It goes back, now slapping the trainer in the face, the dead head rolling back and forth with disgusting crunches.

Ethan grabs 3 pokeballs from his belt, releasing Mjolnir, Sim, and Quartz. Alright, we need your help pulling carts ok? Sim, Transform into one of those Rhyhorn. I'll hitch all 3 of you to this wagon right here, in the back. As Ethan hitches Mjolnir, he studies the mechanical mon for signs of evolution.

Alright, thats 1 power 5, 2 power 3s, to the back Wagon. Is it still a passanger cart?

Back wagon isn't in use anymore Mesi.

Mark sends you up a wagon; he's already hooking up his team back here.

Mjolnir reveals nothing at a first look, but you finally see something with his eye. Where one is was one smooth circle, now it is starting to split down the middle, making a shape similar to the infinity sign.

Right. Tavi it is.

Paul sends out the Rhyhorn from the wagon leader, resfastening it to the front wagon. He bellows to the others.

We getting ready to go? Kinda not liking the thought of remaining here overnight. And without a Moon Stone, we might need something up here to help pull this wagon.

A merchant runs up, puffing, and hands you a second Pokeball containing a Rhyhorn.

"Mark says we're about ready to go. Five, maybe ten more minutes of unloading, alright?"

She asks all the guards and team members for anything with Power 3 or above. Mjolnir, transformed Sim, etc.

Jessica and Taylor don't really have anything; Taylor's Geodude could work, but Quartz is already hooked up. Mark is already hooking up a Lairon and hooks up his Zebstrika to the cart you've been loading.

"Everybody ready to go? Get those other three hooked up with what we have and we'll roll out."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-06, 10:02 PM
You weren't exactly clear what wagons are in use and which were not. I want the back of the caravan, whatever wagon that is. He's not stupid, he wouldn't hook up to a wagon that was clearly being abandoned.

Esprit15
2012-08-06, 10:25 PM
Artemis attaches the available mons to the carts. Fewer bodies, fewer supplies, more mons pulling, maybe things would go faster now. And a Lairon! Beautiful creature. Would most likely be a good asset if those Skorupi ever came back. Artemis finds a cart with Romeo. If things were going to get bad, she wanted to be with him. Oh, and he was a Medic too. That was important as well. Plus she could protect him.

Eshkigal
2012-08-07, 04:01 AM
Gerald goes over and gently grabs the machop with his metal hand.
"Stop. They will never wake up. The skorupi made it so they never will, no matter what you try. Dead. Life has ceased, no matter what you do, it won't get them to come back."

hustlertwo
2012-08-07, 05:44 AM
Paul sends out the other Rhyhorn and fastens it as well. He will try to pick up some incendiary bullets in the few minutes before the caravan limps away.

Arcran
2012-08-07, 10:39 AM
Artemis attaches the available mons to the carts. Fewer bodies, fewer supplies, more mons pulling, maybe things would go faster now. And a Lairon! Beautiful creature. Would most likely be a good asset if those Skorupi ever came back. Artemis finds a cart with Romeo. If things were going to get bad, she wanted to be with him. Oh, and he was a Medic too. That was important as well. Plus she could protect him.

Romeo is being loaded into the rear cart by a sour faced Taylor, moving the earth into a ramp so he can get it. You manage to get a seat next to him.

Mark hands you, Taylor, and Jessica guns. "Incendiaries. In case we need them."

Gerald goes over and gently grabs the machop with his metal hand.
"Stop. They will never wake up. The skorupi made it so they never will, no matter what you try. Dead. Life has ceased, no matter what you do, it won't get them to come back."

The Machop looks up at you, finally getting what you are saying. It looks at the body, then runs out of the wagon.

"Time to load up! Let's roll!" Mark says, running up and down the wagons. "Here," he says, tossing you a handgun. "Incendiaries. Should come in handy."

Paul sends out the other Rhyhorn and fastens it as well. He will try to pick up some incendiary bullets in the few minutes before the caravan limps away.

Looking back, Ethan and Mark have teams hitched up to the two rear wagons and the other have Rhyhorn hooked up. Seems you somehow got stuck with lead wagon. Mark comes up to the front, hopping in.

"Whenever you're ready Paul," he says, releasing a small Pokemon you'd say was a baby Sandshrew if it was yellow and had a shorter snout.

Eshkigal
2012-08-07, 10:56 AM
"Wait, little one-"
He bumps into Mark as he exits. He takes the gun
"...Alright, though let me try and get that machop. Mark, what's in the para amarid box, by the way? Also, anything in your chest that you might want to have an elemental upgrade to? Think i can get some light steel armor going from the skorupi corpses. Maybe better things if I had more mon studied."

Esprit15
2012-08-07, 01:02 PM
"Thanks." Never used a gun before. Slightly heavier than they appear at a glance. Not a fan, really. Still, might be- oh Muk, just the three of them and myself in one cart and nobody else. This will be interesting.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-07, 07:57 PM
Romeo glances at Taylor and Mark, trying to figure out what sort of person they went for.

Taylor [roll0]

Mark [roll1]

On a roll of 10 or higher, you are aware of the kind of person the target is most likely to be attracted to, and the bonus or penalty they would recieve to resist your infatuation attempts. If the check fails, you cannot attempt it again for half an hour

Arcran
2012-08-07, 08:40 PM
"Wait, little one-"
He bumps into Mark as he exits. He takes the gun
"...Alright, though let me try and get that machop. Mark, what's in the para amarid box, by the way? Also, anything in your chest that you might want to have an elemental upgrade to? Think i can get some light steel armor going from the skorupi corpses. Maybe better things if I had more mon studied."

"Think it's the stuff they make bullet proof vests from; I could sell you some cheap. As for the weapons, I'm good. I have a bow in there that will come in handy, probably will use that when they get back."

The wagon is just starting to roll as you go to get the Machop. It is sitting at the side of the ditch where some bodies were dumped.

"Thanks." Never used a gun before. Slightly heavier than they appear at a glance. Not a fan, really. Still, might be- oh Muk, just the three of them and myself in one cart and nobody else. This will be interesting.

"So....." Jessica says awkwardly, looking at Taylor, who, if she had laser vision, would have incinerated Romeo by now. "How did your first Rocket job go?"

Either she forgot you talked about it, or just flat out couldn't think of a better thing to try to talk about.

Romeo glances at Taylor and Mark, trying to figure out what sort of person they went for.

Taylor [roll0]

Mark [roll1]

On a roll of 10 or higher, you are aware of the kind of person the target is most likely to be attracted to, and the bonus or penalty they would recieve to resist your infatuation attempts. If the check fails, you cannot attempt it again for half an hour

You get the feeling that Taylor isn't into men; in fact, basically a perfect description of what she likes is, well, Jessica. Psychic, blonde, attractive enough. It fits perfectly.

Mark seems to not really be too picky at first, but after a few seconds of thinking you get the feeling that he doesn't really like people that are full of themselves. You get the feeling that while he is very high energy and leaderly right now, if he got into a relationship it would need to be with somebody low key.

Eshkigal
2012-08-07, 08:44 PM
Gerald hands over 2 grand.
"All I can spare. How much can I get for that?"
After, he goes to the machop, and lays a hand on it's shoulder.
"Hey. You...um...I'm sorry. But would you come with us? Can promise you vengeance."

Esprit15
2012-08-07, 09:00 PM
"Um...already mentioned kinda. Things went to the void in a handbasket. Gerald Muked up and the kid got shot. I swiped the ball while they were distracted. Romeo took a beating for the whole team so that they wouldn't kill us for protecting him." Taylor, you alright?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-07, 09:03 PM
Romeo's first thought when examining Ethan was that he had no interest. It was not a thought that crossed his mind. But at a second glance, he notices something. A little twinkle of interest. Brains! It was so obvious! A brainy type, didn't really matter much else. Guy, girl, young, old, attractive, ugly. Didn't matter, so long as they were smart. Smart enough to challenge him. But even then, its was just a twinkle. Almost hardly noticable. It is clearly not something that crosses his mind. Like at all.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-07, 09:25 PM
Romeo quickly glances at Jessica, trying to see if she'd ever go for Taylor, or if she was only into guys. If Taylor had a chance, perhaps he could help them , and make up a little for the pain he caused Jessica.

[roll0]

hustlertwo
2012-08-07, 09:31 PM
Paul scans the creature at Mark's command, then takes the reins. Willy and Frondly are out and at the ready in case of danger, with Tavi observing it all.

Let's ride. Get along, little Rhyhorns!

He urges them forward.

Sure hope you know where we're going, Mark. Never had time to join the Scouts when I was a lad.

Arcran
2012-08-07, 11:03 PM
Gerald hands over 2 grand.
"All I can spare. How much can I get for that?"
After, he goes to the machop, and lays a hand on it's shoulder.
"Hey. You...um...I'm sorry. But would you come with us? Can promise you vengeance."

Mark gives you enough of the stuff for you to make a light suit of armor.

The Machop looks at you, a sad look plastered on its face. It stands up with you and jogs to catch up with the wagon.

"Um...already mentioned kinda. Things went to the void in a handbasket. Gerald Muked up and the kid got shot. I swiped the ball while they were distracted. Romeo took a beating for the whole team so that they wouldn't kill us for protecting him." Taylor, you alright?

"What? Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking."

Romeo feels a stab of pain; apparently the ASW wasn't quite gone. Taylor grins maliciously.

Romeo quickly glances at Jessica, trying to see if she'd ever go for Taylor, or if she was only into guys. If Taylor had a chance, perhaps he could help them , and make up a little for the pain he caused Jessica.

[roll0]

You don't think Jessica would really go for Taylor; it seems that she only thinks of her as a friend. Maybe with a little pushing you could, but other than that, nothing. Seems like she may be a little into you though.

Paul scans the creature at Mark's command, then takes the reins. Willy and Frondly are out and at the ready in case of danger, with Tavi observing it all.

Let's ride. Get along, little Rhyhorns!

He urges them forward.

Sure hope you know where we're going, Mark. Never had time to join the Scouts when I was a lad.

Turns out the Pokemon is a Drillbur, a Pokemon that the 'dax says is the result of Sidney of Hoenn's Elite Four skinning Sandshrew for sport then releasing them.

"Just follow the path," he says, a new crossbow in his hands. "It'll lead us straight to Lavender. When it gets close to dark, yell if there is an easily defensible spot."

Esprit15
2012-08-07, 11:22 PM
Doesn't seem like it. As Romeo winces and Taylor smiles, she rolls her eyes. Still annoyed with Romeo. Can't say she blamed her though, and it was harmless enough right now.

Eshkigal
2012-08-08, 07:25 AM
Gerald tucks the kevlar in with his gear. When the machop heads back, he leads the little guy to the cart the psychics are in, scooping the little fighter up and putting it in before pulling himself up.
"Sorry to interrupt, but this guy lost his trainer to the skorupi. Also, wanted to talk about armor for everyone. We're carrying the stuff kevlar's made from."

Esprit15
2012-08-08, 10:27 AM
Anything to interupt them! "Jessica, Taylor, come on." She grabs her two friends by the wrists and pulls them from the cart.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-08, 02:01 PM
'Artemis' Romeo hands her his dex. 'don't think I've scanned the pokemoon Gerald found, and me leaving is a hassle for everyone. Could you?' he asks with puppy dog eyes.

He then goes back to grooming Puck, getting him ready for evolving.

Esprit15
2012-08-08, 02:05 PM
Artemis nods and the dex floats in front of her while she pulls her friends along.

Eshkigal
2012-08-08, 02:34 PM
Gerald picks the machop up and puts him near John.
"Also lost someone, so play nice. Back shortly, listen to Romeo and Wagner while we're gone."
Sparky stretches from her spot on John's head, launching herself onto Gerald's shoulder. Meanwhile, Gerald lets Wagner out, ruffling the napping mon's fur.
"He'll be up in a bit. He's a good growlithe. Try scanning him while we're out."
Gerald pulls out one of the looted dexes and hands it to John.

hustlertwo
2012-08-08, 04:10 PM
Paul places his gun in his lap and guides the wagon along the trail. He keeps an eye out for any good stopping points.

[roll0] perception for a camp site.

Arcran
2012-08-08, 06:22 PM
'Artemis' Romeo hands her his dex. 'don't think I've scanned the pokemoon Gerald found, and me leaving is a hassle for everyone. Could you?' he asks with puppy dog eyes.

He then goes back to grooming Puck, getting him ready for evolving.

Puck seems to be enjoying the grooming; after about half an hour a few small pieces of shell fall off.

Artemis nods and the dex floats in front of her while she pulls her friends along.

Jessica and Taylor hop out of the cart with you. They jog to catch up with the moving cart that Gerald is getting into.

Gerald picks the machop up and puts him near John.
"Also lost someone, so play nice. Back shortly, listen to Romeo and Wagner while we're gone."
Sparky stretches from her spot on John's head, launching herself onto Gerald's shoulder. Meanwhile, Gerald lets Wagner out, ruffling the napping mon's fur.
"He'll be up in a bit. He's a good growlithe. Try scanning him while we're out."
Gerald pulls out one of the looted dexes and hands it to John.

John takes the 'dex and scans Wagner.

"Growlithe," he says, starting to pet the dog. It rolls onto to its belly, loving to attention. The dog seems to have distracted James, at least for a little bit. The dog even gets a little laugh out of him.

The Machop comes and sits down next to John, head in its hands.

Taylor, Jessica, and Artemis jog into the wagon a few seconds later.

"So what was this about armor?" Taylor asks.

Paul places his gun in his lap and guides the wagon along the trail. He keeps an eye out for any good stopping points.

[roll0] perception for a camp site.

Unfortunately you aren't able to find much; the sun is in your eyes, and it's tough to see.

Mark sits there, scanning the wilds intently the whole time.

"So. Where you from?"

Eshkigal
2012-08-08, 06:37 PM
"Simple version?"
He points to the pile of steelupi, and the other dead mon.
"I have materials to make armor, and the skills to do so. You three are the most likely to be targeted by attacks first that don't have armor already. Artemis can make large bursts of electricity near her, so she gets the first suit so she can deal with large groups without worrying about poison. Just give me an image of what you want, let Sparky measure you so you don't have steel plates exerting pressure on your sides and restricting breathing, and if you let me see teams, I can possibly glean new insights from their biology to either design better armor or new tricks to handle any more wilds. Though more para amarid would help-spent nearly all my money on it, and I can make medium armor with the skorupi bodies and what I have, with too little left over for more."
He pauses, before looking back, somewhat embarrassed.
"Also, ah...if it's to not trouble...maybe an egg trade? Have a chansey, growlithe, joltik, ekans, remoraid, whismur, and a pikachu that could be bred. Need more ground and fire types before facing Stradford. Mon that kill steel, his favorite type."

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-08, 07:57 PM
When Gerald and the girls had left, he gets an idea. He brings out Fairy, and whispers in her ear. She looks confused for a bit, then nods and smiles.

Romeo opens up his shirt, and Fairy climbs on his head. He pulls his shirt up a bit, then fastens his neck back bu so it looked like he had a Pikachu head.

'Hey, John, Machop' he said, getting their attention. 'Romeochu!' Fairy start to giggle too and sparks fly from her cheeks.

hustlertwo
2012-08-08, 08:25 PM
Viridian by way of Johto. I'm guessing you aren't as big a fan as our recently deceased caravan leader was. No big, not a lot of them around anymore. How about you, what brought you to guardin'?

Esprit15
2012-08-08, 08:54 PM
Artemis sends an image to Gerald. Something feminine enough but still able to protect her. Jess, as much as I hate the little things, a Litwick would be great for Gerald. Strong fighters, annoyingly resilient at times. And a Chansey should always be a welcome party member for Psychics.

Arcran
2012-08-08, 11:02 PM
"Simple version?"
He points to the pile of steelupi, and the other dead mon.
"I have materials to make armor, and the skills to do so. You three are the most likely to be targeted by attacks first that don't have armor already. Artemis can make large bursts of electricity near her, so she gets the first suit so she can deal with large groups without worrying about poison. Just give me an image of what you want, let Sparky measure you so you don't have steel plates exerting pressure on your sides and restricting breathing, and if you let me see teams, I can possibly glean new insights from their biology to either design better armor or new tricks to handle any more wilds. Though more para amarid would help-spent nearly all my money on it, and I can make medium armor with the skorupi bodies and what I have, with too little left over for more."
He pauses, before looking back, somewhat embarrassed.
"Also, ah...if it's to not trouble...maybe an egg trade? Have a chansey, growlithe, joltik, ekans, remoraid, whismur, and a pikachu that could be bred. Need more ground and fire types before facing Stradford. Mon that kill steel, his favorite type."

"Sorry, I don't have any eggs with me," Taylor says. "And neither of us are much of a Breeder..."

"Well, Romeo is-" Jessica says, before being interrupted.

"No. We don't need his help. We'll reimburse you for the cost of making it plus 10%. Is that fair?"

When Gerald and the girls had left, he gets an idea. He brings out Fairy, and whispers in her ear. She looks confused for a bit, then nods and smiles.

Romeo opens up his shirt, and Fairy climbs on his head. He pulls his shirt up a bit, then fastens his neck back bu so it looked like he had a Pikachu head.

'Hey, John, Machop' he said, getting their attention. 'Romeochu!' Fairy start to giggle too and sparks fly from her cheeks.

The kids laughs uproariously, seemingly forgetting his problems for a few short seconds.

"You're funny!" he says, still giggling.

Viridian by way of Johto. I'm guessing you aren't as big a fan as our recently deceased caravan leader was. No big, not a lot of them around anymore. How about you, what brought you to guardin'?

"Me?" Mark says with a chuckle. "I'm a bit of a nut. Like to dive into old ruins, find lost treasure. More often than not it's a bust, but sometimes you get something cool," he says, patting the crossbow.

"Anyways, I've been looking to head over to the Ruins of Alph. Hear they have some cool stuff over there. I can fight good, and guarding pays good money. Saving up for a plane flight over there. Should be fun."

Artemis sends an image to Gerald. Something feminine enough but still able to protect her. Jess, as much as I hate the little things, a Litwick would be great for Gerald. Strong fighters, annoyingly resilient at times. And a Chansey should always be a welcome party member for Psychics.

"As much as I'd love to give you a Litwick, it's a Ghost. I have no idea if they even can breed, much less how to get you an Egg."

Esprit15
2012-08-08, 11:08 PM
"Well supposedly Ditto can breed with anything, and Ethan has one."

Eshkigal
2012-08-09, 04:13 AM
Gerald shakes his head, holding his hands up.
"Armor's free, except perhaps for cost of materials. Need you three protected as fast as possible, and I can't make much with 400 poke, though more skorupi will do in a pinch. Will need 8 corpses to make boosters to align the armor properly, though. Egg trade is separate. Vengeance. Please...bastard took everything he could think of-literally, everything he could think of. Made it so losing an arm by having it ground to a stump wasn't even one of the top ten worst things done. Will hunt down and catch anything you request if nothing I have is desirable. Just help me, please. Doesn't have to be now, can wait until Lavender where you can choose, but...please?"
He tries to keep the memories back this time as he talks, but some snippets get through.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-09, 04:45 AM
Es, Artemis knows Romeo's sister is a breeder. Ask if she could breed their pokemon instead once they get to Lavander if they don't want Romeo to do it.

Esprit15
2012-08-09, 08:10 AM
"I might know another Breeder in Lavender if you don't want Romeo to breed them."

Arcran
2012-08-09, 08:55 AM
"Well supposedly Ditto can breed with anything, and Ethan has one."

"Oh? Well, if Ethan has one maybe we could get you an Egg."

Gerald shakes his head, holding his hands up.
"Armor's free, except perhaps for cost of materials. Need you three protected as fast as possible, and I can't make much with 400 poke, though more skorupi will do in a pinch. Will need 8 corpses to make boosters to align the armor properly, though. Egg trade is separate. Vengeance. Please...bastard took everything he could think of-literally, everything he could think of. Made it so losing an arm by having it ground to a stump wasn't even one of the top ten worst things done. Will hunt down and catch anything you request if nothing I have is desirable. Just help me, please. Doesn't have to be now, can wait until Lavender where you can choose, but...please?"
He tries to keep the memories back this time as he talks, but some snippets get through.

"It's not a matter of not wanting to," she says, wincing at the memories. "It's a matter of simply being unable too. If Romeo can breed one, then it's fine."

"I might know another Breeder in Lavender if you don't want Romeo to breed them."

"I'm fine with Romeo doing it-" Jessica says, only to be cut short (again) by Taylor.

"We'll let your friend in Lavender handle it."

"What's your problem? Romeo can do it just as easily here!"

"I don't have a problem. I just think her friend would do a better job."

Esprit15
2012-08-09, 10:09 AM
"...you don't have to hide that you don't like him. I know you don't. He's a great breeder. The one in Lavender is about the same skill as him, and you didn't even know that until I told you."

Eshkigal
2012-08-09, 10:36 AM
He nods to Taylor and Jessica, giving a shy grin.
"Thanks. And, erm...sorry? Think that's what I want. Sorry about the memories."
He pulls out a measuring tape and some schematics, crumpled and folded. He smooths them out.
"Next up, mind if I study your teams while Sparky gets measurements? The structure of mon give such insight. Arm's actually partially based off a hitmonchan's, for example."
Meanwhile, Sparky pulls herself onto Arte and begins skittering about, attaching webbing to portions of her body and going around until she hits the strand, her tiny leg claws cutting the webbing as it overlaps with barely any difficulty.

Arcran
2012-08-09, 10:57 AM
"...you don't have to hide that you don't like him. I know you don't. He's a great breeder. The one in Lavender is about the same skill as him, and you didn't even know that until I told you."

"Yeah, I don't like him. He started dating Jessica then threw her away like a piece of trash."

"Now that's not true! I overreacted a little; we weren't even actually dating!"

"Oh, you thought you were, and that's all that matters. I can read your mind, remember? What whatever, it's your Pokemon."

Jessica looks at Taylor in shock for a moment before turning back to you. "I'll try to get Romeo to breed it," she says with an apologetic glance back at Taylor. "Sooner you get an egg, the sooner it hatches."

He nods to Taylor and Jessica, giving a shy grin.
"Thanks. And, erm...sorry? Think that's what I want. Sorry about the memories."
He pulls out a measuring tape and some schematics, crumpled and folded. He smooths them out.
"Next up, mind if I study your teams while Sparky gets measurements? The structure of mon give such insight. Arm's actually partially based off a hitmonchan's, for example."
Meanwhile, Sparky pulls herself onto Arte and begins skittering about, attaching webbing to portions of her body and going around until she hits the strand, her tiny leg claws cutting the webbing as it overlaps with barely any difficulty.

Gerald manages to get new scans of Baltoy, Litwick, Kadabra, Espeon, and Misdreavus.

"We'll still pay you for the armor; least we can do," Jessica says.

Esprit15
2012-08-09, 11:07 AM
"Taylor, I get why you're angry with him, but please let Jessica make her own choice. It's not like she'd start dating him again or anything. Hopefully." She tries to laugh, but realizes the joke is terrible and quickly focuses on just making Sparky's job of getting measurements easier.

Eshkigal
2012-08-09, 12:36 PM
"...Not touching the Romeo conversation with a ten foot pole. Thanks for the scans. If you insist on paying, again, skorupi corpses are as good if not better than cash. Can make things from dead steel types. And thanks for the scans, should be able to glean something out of them."
Sparky takes a few minutes, and it is ticklish work, but she soon has everything needed and cuts the threads. Gerald measures them and jots down notes. Images of a plated dress begin coming up. Joltik silk and kevlar should do...
"Next? Armor tier, elemental type, and preferred appearances, please."

Esprit15
2012-08-09, 12:59 PM
Steel for now, add in some Ghost later on. Oh, and if you need design ideas, ask Mark if you could take a look at the amps. There was a box of them somewhere. Artemis quickly makes her way back after scanning the team into Romeo's dex. "Well Taylor holds a grudge against you, but Jessica might ask you to breed her Litwick later and trade the egg with one from Kubota."

Arcran
2012-08-09, 01:15 PM
"Taylor, I get why you're angry with him, but please let Jessica make her own choice. It's not like she'd start dating him again or anything. Hopefully." She tries to laugh, but realizes the joke is terrible and quickly focuses on just making Sparky's job of getting measurements easier.

Jessica laughs at your joke, but it's an awkward laugh. Taylor rolls her eyes.

I'm just looking out for her. You might have fallen for him, but she's not screwing up like that, her mind voice surprisingly full of malice.

"...Not touching the Romeo conversation with a ten foot pole. Thanks for the scans. If you insist on paying, again, skorupi corpses are as good if not better than cash. Can make things from dead steel types. And thanks for the scans, should be able to glean something out of them."
Sparky takes a few minutes, and it is ticklish work, but she soon has everything needed and cuts the threads. Gerald measures them and jots down notes. Images of a plated dress begin coming up. Joltik silk and kevlar should do...
"Next? Armor tier, elemental type, and preferred appearances, please."

"Alright. We'll kill some for you when they come back," Taylor says, seeming pretty pissed off right now.

"I'll take some medium. Ground if you have the stuff for it," Taylor says.

"Light. Gotta keep moving. How about Psychic/Steel? Can you do that?"

Eshkigal
2012-08-09, 01:24 PM
"Need more scans to study dual type nature enough to get that, but we have the skorupi for the steel boosters needed and parts of the armor. Also, inorganic booster parts, so maybe when we hit Lavender, unless...either of you know what goes into these amplifiers? However, we need more Amarid for the medium one, roughly...3 grand worth, from previous purchase. Can make light armor now and upgrade it later, though. Skorupi aren't useful for ground armor, sadly. Should be able to complete one suit a day though, roughly."

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-09, 01:26 PM
'Okay' Romeo removes his pikachu friend from his head. 'Now, how to pass the rest of the time? Ah, I know!'

Romeo takes out Fairy, Luna and Elly. Then, he spends the next half hour, trying to teach them how to dance. If they were going to look in on the contest hall, he'd need to get in a bit of practice. If the Machop seemed to look interested, he'd pair him up with Luna. He instructs Luna how to ballroom dance (benefiting from her humanoid shape), tells Fairy to try some break dancing (making the most of her natural Pikachu agility) and teaches Elly some basic line dancing steps (the only thing he could think of for a 4 legged pokemon). He corrects their mistakes, and instructs them on how to improve.

Arcran
2012-08-09, 05:04 PM
"Need more scans to study dual type nature enough to get that, but we have the skorupi for the steel boosters needed and parts of the armor. Also, inorganic booster parts, so maybe when we hit Lavender, unless...either of you know what goes into these amplifiers? However, we need more Amarid for the medium one, roughly...3 grand worth, from previous purchase. Can make light armor now and upgrade it later, though. Skorupi aren't useful for ground armor, sadly. Should be able to complete one suit a day though, roughly."

"Well, we'll be there in a day or two. We'll try to buy you some more Amarid if you don't have enough time, alright?" Taylor says. "Get Jessica's done before mine; she needs it more," Taylor says. "We might be able to buy some of the Amps for Psychic gear; hear that those work as Type Boosters."

'Okay' Romeo removes his pikachu friend from his head. 'Now, how to pass the rest of the time? Ah, I know!'

Romeo takes out Fairy, Luna and Elly. Then, he spends the next half hour, trying to teach them how to dance. If they were going to look in on the contest hall, he'd need to get in a bit of practice. If the Machop seemed to look interested, he'd pair him up with Luna. He instructs Luna how to ballroom dance (benefiting from her humanoid shape), tells Fairy to try some break dancing (making the most of her natural Pikachu agility) and teaches Elly some basic line dancing steps (the only thing he could think of for a 4 legged pokemon). He corrects their mistakes, and instructs them on how to improve.

By the end of the short session Elly could dance a little without tripping, Luna and the Machop made a cute couple and Fairy was actually pretty good at dancing.

"Having fun back there?" the driver says, looking back.

The kid is entertained by the dancing. He keeps himself occupied with the Growlithe as well. You did a good job distracting him.

Ethan

As the part is being pulled, Mjolnir slams into the ground, hard. It tries to pull itself up, but it's fruitless. The cart shudders as the Beldum holds it back.

"Hurry it up up there!" the wagon driver behind you shouts. "What happened!"

Arcran
2012-08-09, 05:06 PM

"Well, we'll be there in a day or two. We'll try to buy you some more Amarid if you don't have enough time, alright?" Taylor says. "Get Jessica's done before mine; she needs it more," Taylor says. "We might be able to buy some of the Amps for Psychic gear; hear that those work as Type Boosters."

By the end of the short session Elly could dance a little without tripping, Luna and the Machop made a cute couple and Fairy was actually pretty good at dancing.

"Having fun back there?" the driver says, looking back.

The kid is entertained by the dancing. He keeps himself occupied with the Growlithe as well. You did a good job distracting him.

Ethan

As the part is being pulled, Mjolnir slams into the ground, hard. It tries to pull itself up, but it's fruitless. The cart shudders as the Beldum holds it back.

"Hurry it up up there!" the wagon driver behind you shouts. "What happened!"

Esprit15
2012-08-09, 05:56 PM
Glad you were able to keep him entertained. I'd have Muked it up probably. She leans up against the chair and falls asleep. Need to be ready to act as a guard later. When the carts come to a halt, she stirs a bit, but until there is yelling, nothing to worry about, right?

Eshkigal
2012-08-09, 06:20 PM
"Thanks. Will do my best to get it all done for you on the road. And...well, thanks for helping me. It's nice having people willing to help."
He jots down notes as the measurements come in. Each person is dismissed, in order of Artemis, Taylor, and last of all, Jessica.
"Um...you never asked for what you wanted in turn from me for the egg, Jessica."
And then the cart rocks.
"The muk?"
He primes the pistol he was lent, sticking his head out.
"What's happening?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-09, 08:02 PM
Ethan springs up as the Beldum falls. What the muk?! Quartz. Sim. Try to help Mjolnir up. Artemis, Jessica, Taylor can you help too? Beldum are heavy. Ethan leaps over the cart's front, past the driver to his Beldum's side. Don't worry buddy, I'm here to help. Are you hurt?

As Ethan and his pokemon try to help the poor steel type, he scans Mjolnir and the surroudnings for the cause, as well as digging through his own pokemon knowledge.

[roll0] Preception to find a source of the problem, if any
[roll1] Int to see if its... something he may have read about at some point. Its an Int check, thats what they are.

Arcran
2012-08-09, 08:44 PM
Glad you were able to keep him entertained. I'd have Muked it up probably. She leans up against the chair and falls asleep. Need to be ready to act as a guard later. When the carts come to a halt, she stirs a bit, but until there is yelling, nothing to worry about, right?

The carts don't come to a stop until later that night when you break to make camp.

Guess your stuck until the others catch up.

"Thanks. Will do my best to get it all done for you on the road. And...well, thanks for helping me. It's nice having people willing to help."
He jots down notes as the measurements come in. Each person is dismissed, in order of Artemis, Taylor, and last of all, Jessica.
"Um...you never asked for what you wanted in turn from me for the egg, Jessica."
And then the cart rocks.
"The muk?"
He primes the pistol he was lent, sticking his head out.
"What's happening?"

You see Ethan cursing at the Beldum, Jessica and Taylor jogging over to try to pull it off the ground.

Ethan springs up as the Beldum falls. What the muk?! Quartz. Sim. Try to help Mjolnir up. Artemis, Jessica, Taylor can you help too? Beldum are heavy. Ethan leaps over the cart's front, past the driver to his Beldum's side. Don't worry buddy, I'm here to help. Are you hurt?

As Ethan and his pokemon try to help the poor steel type, he scans Mjolnir and the surroudnings for the cause, as well as digging through his own pokemon knowledge.

[roll0] Preception to find a source of the problem, if any
[roll1] Int to see if its... something he may have read about at some point. Its an Int check, thats what they are.

The Beldum blinks NO.

Despite the combined efforts of Quartz, Sim, and the Psychics, they can't pry Mjolnir off the ground. If they dig the dirt out from under, he just slams further down.

You can remember from your research after catching Mjolnir that as they get closer to evolving they create heavy magnetic fields to attract enough metal to create the new body. If Mjolnir has reached this step then he will rapidly increase in size and weight for the next week before the final changes of evolution begin. He'll need to spend at least a few hours a day like this. If a sudden evolution was to occur the field would become much more powerful, pulling all the metal up at once, but that may be harmful to Beldum, resulting in their inborn method of slowly collecting the metal needed.

You think with a strong enough reverse charge you may be able to pry him free. Either that or returning him; either could work.

hustlertwo
2012-08-09, 09:05 PM
Spelunker, huh? Sounds too much like work, shinies or no shinies. If I'm going into a deep, wet hole I'd rather be leaving something in than taking something out. Get it?

Paul chortles as they arrive at the camp. Once there he volunteers for the first watch again, unless something else happens first.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-09, 09:30 PM
I wonder...... Ethan dashes back into the cart and grabs the most intact Steelupi corpse he could find. He gently places the corpse near the prone Beldum, hoping his hunch works.

Eshkigal
2012-08-09, 10:29 PM
"...Ethan, what are you doing?"

Arcran
2012-08-10, 12:26 AM
Spelunker, huh? Sounds too much like work, shinies or no shinies. If I'm going into a deep, wet hole I'd rather be leaving something in than taking something out. Get it?

Paul chortles as they arrive at the camp. Once there he volunteers for the first watch again, unless something else happens first.

After a couple of hours you manage to find a suitable camp site. Mark starts getting everybody to unload, getting things ready and setting up basic defenses.

I wonder...... Ethan dashes back into the cart and grabs the most intact Steelupi corpse he could find. He gently places the corpse near the prone Beldum, hoping his hunch works.

The Skorupi corpse is instantly stripped of all metal, leaving an oozing, chunky piece or organic material. The new metal wraps around the Beldum, widening his growing body. With no small amount of effort you manage to finally pry him off the ground, his body floating.

YES.
NO.
YES.
NO.

It blinks the messages out rapidly, alternating between the two.

Once Ethan is done you all can set up camp and such.

Eshkigal
2012-08-10, 05:40 AM
Gerald's eyes go wide as he heads to the farthest back portion of the cart.
"Muking steel types getting more and more creative about ways to screw people!"
[roll0]-int check to understand full ramifications and what to expect.

As they travel, Gerald works on the first armor, treating i the materials to make them truly kevlar, and making the first layer of the plated dress (that is to say, the inner, unarmored portion)

Arcran
2012-08-10, 10:32 AM
Gerald's eyes go wide as he heads to the farthest back portion of the cart.
"Muking steel types getting more and more creative about ways to screw people!"
[roll0]-int check to understand full ramifications and what to expect.

As they travel, Gerald works on the first armor, treating i the materials to make them truly kevlar, and making the first layer of the plated dress (that is to say, the inner, unarmored portion)

You learn everything Ethan knows; how it will pull metal from the ground to prep for evolution and build its new body. You also remember from your time in the Steelix Tails that the Beldum pulled just about any piece of nearby metal that wasn't strapped down; while it pulled that one chick's hairpin through her eye, the Pokeballs on people's belts were perfectly OK. Most of the metal came from a literal stream of metal from the ground, completely obscuring the Beldum before it became a badass.

Eshkigal
2012-08-10, 11:13 AM
"Aw muk...NO METAL DECORATIONS, PEOPLE!"
He begins tying his implant solidly against his side, hoping to strap it down enough that it wouldn't tear the motor out if a sudden evolution occurred.
"Strap any important metal down! Seen this before, and while pokeballs are fine on their belts, loose metal like hairpins can be dragged with enough force to pierce a human skull!"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-12, 09:36 PM
Ethan lets out a small sigh. We don't have time to do this right now. Mjolnir, lets get going ok? I'll help you when we are not in constant mortal danger.

Arcran
2012-08-13, 12:21 AM
YES.

Mjolnir gets back into his harness and the wagon begins to move again.

Mjolnir is one step closer to evolution! DEF +1, SPDEF +1.

*Spongebob Announcer Voice*
Five Hours Later

You eventually find an area that will for for the night; a small raised plateau that will easily fit the surviving members. Mark starts delegating people towards jobs; merchants to get some food going and get some supplies easily accessible, Taylor to start raising earthen walls, and even the two kids to start placing some torches around the site for lighting. He looks at you guys, unsure what to say.

"Help wherever you think best. One of you," he says, waving at Gerald and Ethan, "Should probably watch their radar."

Esprit15
2012-08-13, 12:26 AM
Artemis grumbles as the wagons come to a halt and slowly wakes up. "Bleh, guess I have first watch tonight..." Artemis helps set up tents and other shelter, still clearly not fully awake.

Eshkigal
2012-08-13, 09:15 AM
"Can take first two watches on that duty. Halfway done with Arte's armor. Want to get it to final touches before sleep."
Gerald gets up and stretches, ensuring the bindings on his arm are tight. Near him, a strange armor of kevlar and chainmail (one above the other) is taking form. A little way away, the steel booster laid in two parts, incorporated into a breastplate.
"Ethan, you can feed Mjolnir more. Can spare 11 skorupi corpses for this, as last time I saw a beldum evolve, I was in a city."

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-13, 09:53 AM
Romeo continues to keep the little kid company. While he is there, he decides to have Puck and Luna try some contact sparing, not using moves. Not that he expected Puck to be able to beat Luna in a melee battle, but it would improve the little fellows dodging ability.

'Hey, how about I tell you a story.' He couldn't tell him most of his stories, but he had a few funny, child friendly ones. 'There was the time old man Fuji was chewing us out after we fell asleep our religious studies. So we snuck over to his house one night and painted a giant Jigglypuff mural on his wall. When he found out, he made all 5 of us dress in Hello Skitty clothing for the next week. It was worse than any beating he could have gave us. Then, just when I thought it was over, my sister told me she thought I looked cute in it, and so my mother forced me to wear it for ANOTHER week on top of that! We learned a valuable lesson that day, kind old men are the worst perple to piss off.'

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-13, 06:10 PM
Thanks Gerald. I'll try it. Ethan sets out a small clearing a bit away from the others. He lets Mjolnir get situated in any way he needs to, before bringing several (5) Steelupi corpses. Are you ready buddy? When Mjolnir signals he is ready, Ethan gives him a corspe, one at a time, studying carefully to the whole processs.

hustlertwo
2012-08-13, 07:42 PM
Paul, with little else to do, merely takes whatever watch he is needed, with Frondly, Willy and Zippo at the ready in case of trouble.

Arcran
2012-08-13, 08:12 PM
5 hours of elapsed wagon time.

Artemis grumbles as the wagons come to a halt and slowly wakes up. "Bleh, guess I have first watch tonight..." Artemis helps set up tents and other shelter, still clearly not fully awake.

Taylor and Gerald take a watch with you.

"Can take first two watches on that duty. Halfway done with Arte's armor. Want to get it to final touches before sleep."
Gerald gets up and stretches, ensuring the bindings on his arm are tight. Near him, a strange armor of kevlar and chainmail (one above the other) is taking form. A little way away, the steel booster laid in two parts, incorporated into a breastplate.
"Ethan, you can feed Mjolnir more. Can spare 11 skorupi corpses for this, as last time I saw a beldum evolve, I was in a city."

You take the first two. On first watch with you are Taylor and Arte, while on second there is just Mark.

Romeo continues to keep the little kid company. While he is there, he decides to have Puck and Luna try some contact sparing, not using moves. Not that he expected Puck to be able to beat Luna in a melee battle, but it would improve the little fellows dodging ability.

'Hey, how about I tell you a story.' He couldn't tell him most of his stories, but he had a few funny, child friendly ones. 'There was the time old man Fuji was chewing us out after we fell asleep our religious studies. So we snuck over to his house one night and painted a giant Jigglypuff mural on his wall. When he found out, he made all 5 of us dress in Hello Skitty clothing for the next week. It was worse than any beating he could have gave us. Then, just when I thought it was over, my sister told me she thought I looked cute in it, and so my mother forced me to wear it for ANOTHER week on top of that! We learned a valuable lesson that day, kind old men are the worst perple to piss off.'

The kid chuckles. Between your story and the sparring between the two Pokemon he is completely distracted.

"I'm gonna go sleep," he says, heading into a tent.

Sorry, never gave XP.

200 for each dancer, 300 for each sparer.

Thanks Gerald. I'll try it. Ethan sets out a small clearing a bit away from the others. He lets Mjolnir get situated in any way he needs to, before bringing several (5) Steelupi corpses. Are you ready buddy? When Mjolnir signals he is ready, Ethan gives him a corspe, one at a time, studying carefully to the whole processs.

The Beldum unceremoniously strips each of the bodies of the metal. The first two make him a little wider, more disc like. The last three go into the construction of tiny arm-like appendages, creating the basics of what will be Metang's arms. While Mjolnir is nowhere near the right size, the basic shape is right. He still only has one eye.

Mjolnir learns Metal Claw! Due to the frailty of his arms, he only adds 1/2 Attack and may not add STAB.

Paul, with little else to do, merely takes whatever watch he is needed, with Frondly, Willy and Zippo at the ready in case of trouble.

You take the third watch.

Before Watches

The five of you manage to get some food; some stew, using what is left of the meat. Mark says that if you make good time that the wagons may reach Lavender tomorrow.

Earthen walls about a meter tall are erected all around the camp with a gate at the front. The remaining wagons form a protective barrier around the tents, giving an added layer of protection.

First Watch

The sun slowly sets, but nothing of note happens. A few random shapes on Gerald's radar appear at short intervals, but nothing organized enough to be a swarm. Taylor and Arte make some small talk, but nothing major.

Second Watch

Fully dark now, it is just you and Mark. For about two hours nothing happens, but then more organized clusters of Pokemon appear on the radar.

Gerald gets five hours of worktime by the end of the first watch.

Eshkigal
2012-08-13, 08:29 PM
"Mark, might have a mass swarm inbound. Can you take Arte's armor to her?"
He points to the completed armor.
"Don't think any of us're getting much sleep tonight."

Arcran
2012-08-13, 11:03 PM
Arte

You awake to Mark gently shaking your shoulder and handing you a piece of armor, all metal and some bullet-proof vest-like material. The breasts are the only solid metal part.

"Skorupi. Get geared up. Wake the others," he says before heading outside.

Gerald
As you watch the blips, they don't advance. Instead they group, slowly forming a ring. While right now it only appears to be one or two Pokemon thick in most places, it is slowly thickening.

"What are they doing?" Mark says, jogging up.

Romeo and Arte
The two of you have dreams similar to the ones last night; same setting, same people, everything.

In Arte's this time Romeo turns your family against you, ending with him getting in close.

"I could never love a freak like you," he says, stabbing you straight through the heart.

In Romeo's, this time the kids attack you, clawing at you with tiny fingers, pulling you, Arte, and Elly under a wave of children.

Eshkigal
2012-08-13, 11:15 PM
"Surrounding us. Can't defend every point at once. Need Taylor to begin raising the walls if she can, or drop the trenches further. Starting with the back, I guess. Fewer spots that can be swarmed competently, the better."

Esprit15
2012-08-13, 11:30 PM
Artemis seemed to be in the middle of a dream when she was woken up. "...guh...wha...no...why- WHAT!? WHAT'S GOING ON!?" Artemis spasms and leaps up, hitting Mark with a gust of wind. "...sorry. Already? Merde, thought they would at least wait a bit." She shoos Mark out of her tent and changes into the armor. That dream again. And it's getting worse. Armor, focus. Keep your thoughts straight. Hm, nice, comfortable. Good as something besides her usual clothes. Shame it was a bit too showy for her. Gerald and Sparky did well on this. Have to thank them after the fight. After changing, Artemis gets up and wakes everyone."Skorupi are back! Everyone out of bed! If you were given a gun and incendiaries, grab it and load up!" Artemis lets Diluvium back out. Let's light them up like last time. The Castform gives a light burst of flame in response. Good, he's ready. "I said UP! Everyone!" The wake up call persists until everyone is either armed or grouped in a safe place.

Arcran
2012-08-14, 09:20 AM
"Surrounding us. Can't defend every point at once. Need Taylor to begin raising the walls if she can, or drop the trenches further. Starting with the back, I guess. Fewer spots that can be swarmed competently, the better."

"Bigger walls could help," he says, looking at you and yelling at Taylor to do just that. A few seconds later, she starts raising them even more. "And if we just sit here, we'll be overrun. Seems like we're in bad shape."

The line of the Skorupi is slighty thinner heading east towards Lavender... Could it be a trap, or a way out?

Artemis seemed to be in the middle of a dream when she was woken up. "...guh...wha...no...why- WHAT!? WHAT'S GOING ON!?" Artemis spasms and leaps up, hitting Mark with a gust of wind. "...sorry. Already? Merde, thought they would at least wait a bit." She shoos Mark out of her tent and changes into the armor. That dream again. And it's getting worse. Armor, focus. Keep your thoughts straight. Hm, nice, comfortable. Good as something besides her usual clothes. Shame it was a bit too showy for her. Gerald and Sparky did well on this. Have to thank them after the fight. After changing, Artemis gets up and wakes everyone."Skorupi are back! Everyone out of bed! If you were given a gun and incendiaries, grab it and load up!" Artemis lets Diluvium back out. Let's light them up like last time. The Castform gives a light burst of flame in response. Good, he's ready. "I said UP! Everyone!" The wake up call persists until everyone is either armed or grouped in a safe place.

By the time you're done getting your armor on, the rest of the camp is already roused and arming itself.

Taylor and Jessica run up. "How the hell are we gonna hold out here?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-14, 09:48 AM
Romeo rubs his eyes, waking up. He was starting to see the pattern in his dreams. He spends the day with Arte, Artemis kills him. He spends a day playing with Elly, and she kills him. Last night, he was caring for John, and that time it was the kids who killed him.

'John! John!' called Romeo, looking out for the kid. Then he hears Arte calling. 'I never got a gun, someone mind tossing me one?' Once he gets his hands on one, he goes back to looking for the kid and ensures he's safe. Then he gets the new Vulpix out. If he could keep at range, her Fire attacks could help. Jist needed to make sure nothing hit her with a poison attack.

Esprit15
2012-08-14, 10:11 AM
"No Muking clue. The guns are just a reassurance to the merchants. They're nearly useless on these things. Focusing fire may be good." Various battle plans run through her mind. Bust holes in their numbers, try to run through- nope, lack the numbers to surround them. Fight at the edges and fall back when our numbers thin too much, keep them bunched up for the Bulldozes. Could work. They'd have to shoot past the other Skorupi. Wouldn't hurt them, but it could hurt their aim. No matter what, Willy needs to burrow out there and use Bulldoze on everything that he can. Ollie would have to pull a similar role here.

Eshkigal
2012-08-14, 10:31 AM
"Well, it looks like they want us to burst towards Lavender. Their line's thinnest there, though it could easily and, personal opinion here, is likely a trap. Although with the numbers amassing here, we're screwed either direction...have any diggers? Also, do you know if Bulldoze can be used on things above them without surfacing?"

Arcran
2012-08-14, 11:09 AM
Romeo rubs his eyes, waking up. He was starting to see the pattern in his dreams. He spends the day with Arte, Artemis kills him. He spends a day playing with Elly, and she kills him. Last night, he was caring for John, and that time it was the kids who killed him.

'John! John!' called Romeo, looking out for the kid. Then he hears Arte calling. 'I never got a gun, someone mind tossing me one?' Once he gets his hands on one, he goes back to looking for the kid and ensures he's safe. Then he gets the new Vulpix out. If he could keep at range, her Fire attacks could help. Jist needed to make sure nothing hit her with a poison attack.

John is safe; he, along with the Totodile and Bulbasuar kids, are right in the middle of the camp.

A merchant hands you a gun, but it seems to have standard ammo.

The Vulpix looks around, growling. It doesn't like this at all.

"No Muking clue. The guns are just a reassurance to the merchants. They're nearly useless on these things. Focusing fire may be good." Various battle plans run through her mind. Bust holes in their numbers, try to run through- nope, lack the numbers to surround them. Fight at the edges and fall back when our numbers thin too much, keep them bunched up for the Bulldozes. Could work. They'd have to shoot past the other Skorupi. Wouldn't hurt them, but it could hurt their aim. No matter what, Willy needs to burrow out there and use Bulldoze on everything that he can. Ollie would have to pull a similar role here.

A man runs up, handing you, Taylor, and Jessica guns with incendiaries. A man also hands one to Paul.

"Well, it looks like they want us to burst towards Lavender. Their line's thinnest there, though it could easily and, personal opinion here, is likely a trap. Although with the numbers amassing here, we're screwed either direction...have any diggers? Also, do you know if Bulldoze can be used on things above them without surfacing?"

Mark tosses you an incendiary gun.

"We can try to make a break for it now while their numbers are thin, or we can just try to hold out. I'm partial to the first; this isn't exactly a pinnacle of defense."

"And I don't know. Never really used that move. It churns the earth up around them, right? I'd assume so."

Esprit15
2012-08-14, 11:26 AM
"Incendiaries for the Psychics? Someone else might be able to make better use than us..." Artemis runs off to give Romeo her gun and any incendiary ammo that wasn't already in it. "Give the medic a s**t gun. Seriously, what were they thinking there?"

Eshkigal
2012-08-14, 11:31 AM
Gerald holds it towards Mark.
"You already gave me one with incendiaries earlier. Anyway, just because it's probably a trap doesn't mean we can't turn it on them. Send the burrowers to scout, trash the hell out of anything that sticks its head out. Heaviest ground moves to kill as many as possible. Taylor! Over here!"
Once she comes over, Gerald looks to Mark and Taylor.
"If you have ground mon and diggers, send them out. What are the strongest ground moves they know?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-14, 11:31 AM
Romeo takes the bullets. 'Thanks Atre.' Then he notices her armour. 'Hey, um, you think you could, you know .... in that?' He gives her a cheeky eyebrow wiggle.

Esprit15
2012-08-14, 11:45 AM
"Ask me again when there isn't a life-death situation on our hands. And no, probably not. Not comfortably, certainly." She rolls her eyes at him a bit. "Now if you can allow blood to flow to your brain instead of your lower body, we can try to help come up with a plan. Sounds like the group is wanting to make a break towards Lavender and fire back at the swarm as they go. I'm more for entrenching and fighting them off. We have some good ground types, a few fires. We should be fine."

Arcran
2012-08-14, 12:08 PM
"Incendiaries for the Psychics? Someone else might be able to make better use than us..." Artemis runs off to give Romeo her gun and any incendiary ammo that wasn't already in it. "Give the medic a s**t gun. Seriously, what were they thinking there?"

Giving Romeo the incendiaries means you'll be doing Normal damage. You sure you want that?

Gerald holds it towards Mark.
"You already gave me one with incendiaries earlier. Anyway, just because it's probably a trap doesn't mean we can't turn it on them. Send the burrowers to scout, trash the hell out of anything that sticks its head out. Heaviest ground moves to kill as many as possible. Taylor! Over here!"
Once she comes over, Gerald looks to Mark and Taylor.
"If you have ground mon and diggers, send them out. What are the strongest ground moves they know?"

"Right," Mark says. "This must be Isaac's," he says, tossing it to him.

"That will probably work. None of mine are really diggers, but my Lairon can help clear a path."

Taylor sends out her own Sandshrew.

"No big blasts, but he knows Dig. That should hurt them."

"Alright, load up the wagons and get some teams on them! We're getting out of here!"

Esprit15
2012-08-14, 12:20 PM
Arte has Extrasensory and Discharge. Romeo has almost NOTHING. He needs the help.

"Let's go!" Artemis runs to the furthest back wagon, dragging Romeo along. "Won't be without a Medic this time. Taylor, stick to Jessica! Take the next cart up!"

hustlertwo
2012-08-14, 02:46 PM
Paul loads the incendiary bullets into his submachine gun, and sends out his three anti-Steelrupi mon mentioned before.

How nice to be able to actually contribute for a change.

He makes sure the lead wagon's Rhyhorn team is harnessed and ready to go as soon as the others are.

Arcran
2012-08-14, 02:56 PM
There is a flurry of movement as merchants pack up carts, Pokemon are released, and wagons get ready to go.

Any last minute things you want to do, do now.

hustlertwo
2012-08-14, 03:05 PM
While waiting, Paul does take a moment to climb up to the raised platform and urinate off the side, to see how far his stream can go. Life is about the little pleasures, after all.

Eshkigal
2012-08-14, 03:54 PM
"Lairon and Mjolnir on front cart as point, they can't get poisoned. ETHAN! Sim to Willy, those two clear a path from below and receive pickup as we blitz past. Feed Mjolnir so no accidents occur, and to free up some weight! Many as you want, buffet's open now."
[roll0]-potentially dodging the stream.
He begins tossing steelupi out towards Mjolnir, to lighten the load.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-14, 08:42 PM
Ethan had started getting his team prepared as soon as the alarm sounded. He dashes to the front wagon, releasing Sim, Mjolnir and Ollie. Sim, Transform into Willy, and dig just beneath the surface. Mjolnir, take point and draw as much attention as possible, your our wall. Ollie, stay back. Your our last line of defense. Every stay alert, and be prepared to retailate.

2 things: Is it a 'new day' and thus get more uses of features? And if so, does that mean I don't have Homework? Since I didn't get a chance to do the 1 hour research required. And did Ethan get an Incindiary?

Arcran
2012-08-14, 11:35 PM
While waiting, Paul does take a moment to climb up to the raised platform and urinate off the side, to see how far his stream can go. Life is about the little pleasures, after all.

The fine mist sprays over the other two Psychic, Taylor and Jessica. They give you the finger as they walk by and your jewels twist painfully.

"Lairon and Mjolnir on front cart as point, they can't get poisoned. ETHAN! Sim to Willy, those two clear a path from below and receive pickup as we blitz past. Feed Mjolnir so no accidents occur, and to free up some weight! Many as you want, buffet's open now."
[roll0]-potentially dodging the stream.
He begins tossing steelupi out towards Mjolnir, to lighten the load.

More and more are stripped; soon the Beldum has almost doubled in size. Still not quite a Metang, but getting closer with every corpse.

Ethan had started getting his team prepared as soon as the alarm sounded. He dashes to the front wagon, releasing Sim, Mjolnir and Ollie. Sim, Transform into Willy, and dig just beneath the surface. Mjolnir, take point and draw as much attention as possible, your our wall. Ollie, stay back. Your our last line of defense. Every stay alert, and be prepared to retailate.

2 things: Is it a 'new day' and thus get more uses of features? And if so, does that mean I don't have Homework? Since I didn't get a chance to do the 1 hour research required. And did Ethan get an Incindiary?

Ethan didn't incendiaries, although you can ask for one.

What happened to your Pokemon that were pulling the wagons? If you skip them, you'll have to leave a wagon.

As for Homework, we'll say you studied during dinner. New day (barely).

Arcran
2012-08-15, 09:01 AM
*insert map joke here* (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

We Got a Runner!
Taylor lowers an earthen wall, and the carts fly out, racing across the plains. Most are pulled by Rhyhorn, but one is pulled by Sim and two Geodude, the other by Mark’s Pokemon. The Skorupi line holds strong, not moving, although the backside starts to close in and the sides start to pinch. You hear a roar, likely the Drapion.

“Alright, hit them with all we’ve got! Take out the ones in front!”

Initiative:
Humans
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)

Key
Pa: Paul
Et: Ethan
Ma: Mark
Wd: Wagon Driver
Ge: Gerald (Sparky in same square)
Dk: Dumb Kids
Ja: James
Is: Isaac
Je: Jessica
Ta: Taylor
Ar; Artemis
Ro: Romeo
Jo: John
Me: Merchants
Fr: Frondly
Zi: Zippo
Wi: Willy (3 Under)
Ze: Zebstrika
La: Lairon
Ol: Ollie
Mj: Mjolnir
Si: Sim
Qu: Quartz
Wa: Wagner
Ku: Kubota
Ka: Kadabra
Sa: Sandshrew
Di: Dilumvium
Ko: Konoha
Tg: Taylor’s Geodude
Numbers: The Horde

The edge of the wagon counts as Rough Terrain. The wagon is a meter up, factor this into all ranges when attacking. The platform is 3 up from the ground; factor that in to. The platform may ignore the Rough Terrain created by the wagon when attacking.

The carts will move forward five a round.

Eshkigal
2012-08-15, 09:02 AM
Gerald hops up on the back cart, sending Wagner the Brave to the front and Kubota the lazy to the middle. He also realizes it's nearly been a week since anything's peed on him! Progress! He takes a position at the back, gun ready.
"If you two have mon with ranged moves, now would be a spectacular time to send them out so long as they aren't poison moves."

Esprit15
2012-08-15, 09:39 AM
Artemis runs over to P35 once she realizes that she's on the wrong side of the cart to be helping. Diluvium gets by her shoulder as before (ie same square), ready to spit fire at more steel mons.

hustlertwo
2012-08-15, 06:12 PM
Paul looks at the oncoming horde, then snaps at his young Heatmor.

Zippo! Time to give these bad bugs some really serious swampbutt.

The Heatmor scurries to M-16 on the edge of the wagon, ready to get his flame on.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-16, 04:30 PM
Once again, Romeo lets Puck out to sit on his lap. He also sends Elly out into P 39, next to John.

'Elly, look our for John, keep him safe, okay? John, if anything gets on the cart, tell Elly to Quick Attack it or have her Helping Hand mine or Arte's pokemon, alright. If something tries to get you, she should be able to intercept it to keep you safe. Just remember, protection only! Don't send her off the cart, keep her next to you at all times, okay.'

He loads his gun and checks there is a bullet in the chamber. Time to see if he was as bad with guns as he thought he was going to be.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-16, 06:01 PM
This is it. We need to move and fast. Everyone, on my mark! Ethan raises his hand high. He knew most of them wouldn't be able to see him, but he did it anyways. All great Generals gave orders with their hands as much as with their voice.

Ethan takes a deep breath and bellows. CHARGE! Throwing his arm forward towards the line of Steelupi.

Game Plan + with an insight point boost. EVERYONE (yes everyone) gets 7 movement. For me, Ollie goes to G1. Mjolnir will go 4m ahead of the lead cart after the cart's movement is resolved (if thats legal, otherwise he stays where he is on the cart). Not even going to try and move everyone around, just going to assume NPCs go forward 7m.

Arcran
2012-08-16, 11:05 PM
The Map That Takes Forever Because I Made a Buttload of Skorupi (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

All around the cart the combatants get into more advantageous combat positions, urged on by Ethan’s calm, cool, and collected manner.

The Totodile kid sends his Pokemon out. “Water Gun should do a little damage, right?”

All around the carts guns click as they are loaded and primed for fire. Romeo’s is ready to fire as well, as if somebody knew he might not be able to get it ready.

The mounts pull the carts forward even more, the lead cart almost reaching the Skorupi lines.

The horde moves as a single body, as if they share one mind. From behind you hear a powerful roar; anybody that happens to look back would see four massive machine monsters, at least eight feet tall, rapidly closing. If Ethan looks back, he can identify them as Drapion, evolved Skorupi.

A few Skorupi join the fight, closing from the sides. The others form a cup around the wagon, rapidly closing in on all sides. At least twenty Skorupi in the front fire at the two lead mounts. Most attacks do very little; all that hit the Lairon shatter harmless, and while many connect with the Zebstrika, none seem to do much damage, after that many shots some had to be poisoned.

All the other Skorupi are still too far away to act.

Initiative:
Humans
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)

Key
Ar; Artemis
To: Totodile
El: Elly

The edge of the wagon counts as Rough Terrain. The wagon is a meter up, factor this into all ranges when attacking. The platform is 3 up from the ground; factor that in to. The platform may ignore the Rough Terrain created by the wagon when attacking.

Damage
60 to Ethan
3 to Ollie

Arcran
2012-08-16, 11:06 PM
The Map That Takes Forever Because I Made a Buttload of Skorupi (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

All around the cart the combatants get into more advantageous combat positions, urged on by Ethan’s calm, cool, and collected manner.

The Totodile kid sends his Pokemon out. “Water Gun should do a little damage, right?”

All around the carts guns click as they are loaded and primed for fire. Romeo’s is ready to fire as well, as if somebody knew he might not be able to get it ready.

The mounts pull the carts forward even more, the lead cart almost reaching the Skorupi lines.

The horde moves as a single body, as if they share one mind. From behind you hear a powerful roar; anybody that happens to look back would see four massive machine monsters, at least eight feet tall, rapidly closing. If Ethan looks back, he can identify them as Drapion, evolved Skorupi.

A few Skorupi join the fight, closing from the sides. The others form a cup around the wagon, rapidly closing in on all sides. At least twenty Skorupi in the front fire at the two lead mounts. Most attacks do very little; all that hit the Lairon shatter harmless, and while many connect with the Zebstrika, none seem to do much damage, after that many shots some had to be poisoned.

All the other Skorupi are still too far away to act.

Initiative:
Humans
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)

Key
Ar; Artemis

Damage
60 to Ethan
3 to Ollie

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-16, 11:36 PM
Ethan lurches backwards as the barbs pierce his flesh. Despite the excrutiating pain, a smirk is plastered on his face. I love when a plan comes together. Ollie, muk them up. Bulldoze. Ollie trumpets loudly and rolls straight at the amassing swarm. A flick of the trunk and the elephant goes airborne for a moment before landing hard G5, sending out shockwaves beneath the mechanized abominations feet.

Ethan, however retreats to the safety of the platform, scrambling past Zippo and up the back end to K11.

Roll of fate here. The AoE should cover Skorupi # 1-6, 32-34, and 27-29.
[roll0] AC 2 Phsyical Ground, 3m Burst, -1 to oh who are we kidding, they won't survive if hit.
[roll1]

hustlertwo
2012-08-16, 11:53 PM
Will burrows through the soft dirt underneath the metallic monstrosities, and the ground erupts underneath Steelrupi #23, sending waves out to catch 21-25, 12, and 16 in the blast.

[roll0] [roll1]

Esprit15
2012-08-17, 12:39 AM
"Diluvium, up here." The Castform floats over to Arte, resting just by her shoulder.

Diluvium moves into Arte's square (Possible as Diluvium is Small)

Eshkigal
2012-08-17, 08:22 AM
"Yep. Noncombatants, right side, antidotes, fresh waters, and prepare for boarders! Shout when the big things get near, I have a trick for one at least! Wagner, with me!"
Gerald moves to F16 and takes aim at 30, firing. Wagner nods, these...these uncouth braggarts would not take this day!
[roll0]-Gerald's shot (incendiaries)
[roll1]
[roll2]-Wagner with ember
[roll]1d12+16[/foll]

Ah...shooting steel types with incendiary rounds. So very cathartic.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-17, 10:05 AM
Romeo also sent out Puck last turn, in his square. Has speed

Romeo has not much to do. He shifts to M27, and Konoha moves to M 26.

Arcran
2012-08-17, 03:09 PM
The bursts of earth are more than effective. The rushing sand from Ollie’s clogs of the machinery of the Skorupi, causing them to power down as their wires are blocked. Willy’s, on the other hand, whether it be due to simply being stronger or attacking from underground, completely annihilates the robots, sparks flying in the cloud of dust, twisting metal, leaving burnt, smoke shells on the ground. Ollie catches the Zebstrika to cry, causing it to stagger and getting a shout from Mark.

Wagner fires a burst of flames,almost taking down a Skorupi. It barely stays standing, chattering angrily.

Nobody else is in range to do anything as the carts race towards the front lines.

Initiative:
Humans
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)

Key
Ar; Artemis
Di: Dilumvium (With Arte)

Round 2 Begin!
If you already posted a TR, just link it for me, OK?

Esprit15
2012-08-17, 06:17 PM
Artemis sits. Opening the tarp would be a good idea, but the sounds of the fighting ahead were too far for anything to be in range. Didn't want to give the Skorupi the first shot as the group approached them.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-17, 08:56 PM
Ethan draws a Super Potion and plops it in Mark's lap. Sorry 'bout that mate. I'll make it up to the both of ya in Lavender. Buy you a beer and Zebstrika some oats. But first, lets mush some bugs. He hated the accent, but it should sound friendlier. Should. Ethan then books to the raised platform, raising himself next to Paul (J11). The intense pain in his stomach made him ignore the unpleasant aroma wafting from the older 'gentlmen'.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-17, 10:09 PM
Romeo moves to M27, and sits there, still useless.

hustlertwo
2012-08-17, 10:51 PM
Paul tosses a ball at Steelrupi #30, recently shot by Gerald's burning ammo, or he doesn't. [roll0]

Paul uses his connection with his Heatmor to channel the beast's ability to belch great gouts of flame at its foes.

Zippo fires off a powerful gout of flame at Steelrupi #31.

[roll1] [roll2] fire special, destroy held berries.

Arcran
2012-08-17, 11:33 PM
Gerald’s fire strikes true, small patches of flames erupting over the Skorupi. It succumbs to the flames, falling to the ground twitching.

Mark looks at you incredulously as you hand him the Super Potion. “You’ll owe me a lot more than a muking beer if this goes bad,” he says, pulling back on the reigns to stop the cart as he applies the Super Potion to the Zebstrika.”Muk, they’re gonna board if we don’t get through fast.”

Just before Paul throws, he finds the Pokemon he was about to catch knocked unconscious by Geral.d

Initiative:
Humans
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key
Ar; Artemis

hust, the one you wanted to catch is now unconcious. I’ll give you a chance to redo your TA.

Esprit15
2012-08-17, 11:59 PM
"Don't worry. We'll be of aid soon." Diluvium flares again, getting anxious to finally act. The sounds of fighting up ahead were reaching them, but there was no way to help yet.

Arcran
2012-08-19, 10:43 AM
Mo' Skorupi, mo' problems. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

Zippo’s flame strike scorches the hide of the Skorupi, dropping it.

The other two carts swerve around the first, trying to avoid hitting the lead cart. The Zebstrika must hold still for the Super Potion to take effect, allowing the Skorupi to launch another barrage. Instead of shooting at the Lairon, they close and claw it. It retaliates by crushing one of the ones attacking it. The Zebstrika winces at the attacks, almost going down.

The Skorupi begin to close on all sides. They scurry in from either side, racing across the battlefield. They seem to be endless, innumerable. Behind the Drapion roar; thirty yards away maybe? Less?

Some Skorupi close on the front wagon, firing at Frondly. While the attacks barely harm the Ghost, they do enough. Four more attack Ollie; two only getting close enough to fire darts, another two closing to see how that works. The other Skorupi give the elephant a wide berth, as well as were Ollie blasted them other than the two attacking. The darts do very little; the thick, earthy skin stopping them dead, but the claws do far more, raking through the hide, leaving small lines.

The Skorupi that just raced onto the field are unable to act, but they do look hungrily at the Rhyhorn mounts.

Initiative:
Humans
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key
Ar; Artemis (Dilumvium in the same square)

Damage
12 to Frondly.
30 to Ollie.

Just post ‘mon actions.

Eshkigal
2012-08-19, 11:10 AM
"Fry'em, Sparky. Have your totodile help out. Get ready to throw balls at wounded!"
She nods and shoots a small line to Sim's head, dragging herself there. She then takes aim at 44, launching the electroweb.
[roll0]
[roll1]

hustlertwo
2012-08-19, 11:32 AM
Paul looks into the tiny flashing eyes of Steelrupi #14, and begins to murmur.

Open your mind....open your mind...open your mind....

[roll0] Channel attempt.

Willy powers through to O-6 and surfaces, hoping to catch even more of the menacing metallic monstrosities in her big boom.

[roll1] Hit=dead. Targeted 'rupi: 11, 17, 19, 15, 35, 36.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-19, 11:55 AM
Romeo does the same as he'd been doing for the past few turns, Muk all.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-20, 11:10 AM
Mjolnir, protect Ollie! Zen Headbutt! Mjolnir buzzes angrily and charges at Skorupi #1, psychic energy collascing in front of him.

Ending movement in H5.
[roll0] AC 4 Physcial Psychic Flinch on 15-20
[roll1]

Arcran
2012-08-20, 12:18 PM
Boom. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

The webs collide with the Skorupi, tangling it up. A few seconds later there is a cry from on of the lead Skorupi as Mjolnir slams into it. The Totodile fires a jet of water as well but it goes wide, missing.

Isaac and James deftly raise their rifles and fire faster than you though possible, a stream of flaming bullets flying from the guns to decimate the majority of the beasts along your left flank. Soon there is only a mess of twisted metal.

Initiative:
Humans
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key
Ge: Gerald
Si: Sim(Sparky in head square)

Damage

Round 3, begin!

Eshkigal
2012-08-20, 01:13 PM
Lacking many options, Gerald takes a potshot at 2.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Esprit15
2012-08-20, 02:16 PM
"So... Anyone got a set of cards?" Artemis adds sarcastically. So. Bored.

hustlertwo
2012-08-21, 09:36 PM
Paul takes the action posted previously, with the aforementioned failure. Mon actions to come after Steelrupi turn since I am using Willy this turn.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-21, 09:55 PM
Ethan jab's a syringe into his thigh with a grunt. Always wished there was an easier way to do this.

Fresh Water! 54/84

Arcran
2012-08-22, 12:33 AM
Couldn't remember, the greatest XP drop in the wo-rld, oh, this is a Tribuuuute! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE&pli=1#gid=0)

Despite the super effective nature of fire, Gerald’s shot just goes over the metal hide of the creature, leaving it unphased.

The driver looks at Artemis in shock, then in terror. “They- they’re gaining on us!” he shouts, pointing back at the Drapion, who are now almost close enough to start firing at you.

The cool rush of the enhanced water flows through Ethan, speeding up his natural healing to allow him to better patch up.

The carts surge forward, starting to break through the lines. A few Skorupi cry out as the carts roll over them, crushing them, but you hear the wheels groan at the shells crunching underneath.

The Skorupi begin to board, assaulting the wagons. One attempts to attack Mark, but even while driving he manages to dodge the blow. One claws at Zippo, but the heat emitted by the Heatmor makes the creature recoil. One tries to shoot a dart at Frondly, another claw it, but both miss, as if some god above is smiling upon you. One of the few not trampled fires a dart at the Zebstrika, hitting it in the throat, drawing a lot of blood.

A horde of darts fly at the kid’s Totodile on the other cart. He returns it, only to have a Skorupi climb the wagon and claw him. Another leaps at Kubota, raking her ample belly with small, sharp claws. Two attack a Rhyhorn on the parallel wagon, almost dropping it, but the beast stays standing.

The circle continues to close, a horde of enemies coming in on the sides.

Initiative:
Humans
Drapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key

Damage
19 Kubota
38 Sim

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-22, 01:00 AM
Sim shivers and reverts to the not-so-familiar pink goo at the skorupi's clawing. Muk. This isn't good. Ollie clear a path for them, they'll need it. Ollie jumps over Skorupi 38, rolling to D2 before slamming the ground.

[roll0] You know the drill
[roll1]

Esprit15
2012-08-22, 01:11 AM
"Yeah, I see them now, hush and keep driving. Gonna go do something stupid." Why the Muk am I doing this? I am not being paid enough for this. Life or death. No choice. Artemis leaps out of the cart to S15. Here goes nothing. She presses her hand to the ground, and a burst of electricity comes from her and the ground in a 3m radius.

Discharge
Electric, Special
AC: [roll0] 2, Paralyze on 15-20
Damage: [roll1]
If Crit: [roll2]

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-22, 06:16 AM
Romeo sees Artemis jump off. 'Hey, I'm supposed to be the stupid, reckless one. Don't show me up' he jokes.

He looks at his new Vulpix, then at the incoming Drapion. Not yet, but soon. He rolls over to Arte's now vacant spot and shoots an incendiary round at number 74.

[roll0], base 6
[roll1], fire type

Eshkigal
2012-08-22, 09:37 AM
"Wagner, give them their comeuppance for taking out Sim! You guys, toss pokeballs, heal wounded, or make a break for the front cart! Someone tell Sparky to get back up here! ETHAN, WE COULD USE MJOLNIR PUSHING OVER HERE!"
Wagner looks in front and barks his fury! Dastardly machines couldn't even put up a fair fight! (aiming at 45
[roll0]
[roll1]
Meanwhile, Gerald tosses a pokeball at 43.
[roll2]

hustlertwo
2012-08-22, 10:14 PM
Willy tunnels over to T-6 and surfaces, using Bulldoze to wipe out Steelrupi 36, 64, 78 and 79.

Paul's SMG belches fire, much as Paul often does after a night of heavy drinking, as he attempts to bring down the boarding Steelrupi #7. [roll0] (unsure of weapon damage roll, someone can do it for me when it is figured out).

(Will use Zippo next turn, let me know when you want his actions since they go before the next round of rupi ones).

Arcran
2012-08-23, 12:35 AM
Bleh. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE&pli=1#gid=0)

Ollie rolls forward, his mighty stomp quaking the very earth, dropping a Skorupi. Wagner’s target takes the blow, still standing tall. Willy demolishes even more Skorupi, dropping them all underground in the powerful vortex. Taylor’s Sandshrew digs down even deeper, likely to prep for Dig.

James and Isaac take aim, dropping the two Skorupi attacking their wagon. Romeo, being a terrible shot, almost misses, but manages to actually hurt the beats a little. Gerald’s ball handily captures the Pokemon; it stops shaking almost immediately. Paul’s shots miss, leaving scorch marks over the back of the wagon.

The shockwave rolls off of Arte, dropping all the Skorupi in a wide radius, their technology short-circuiting as they fall to the ground. Taylor sends a swarm of sand at one, crushing in in a vortex, while Jessica lobs one with Psychic powers, crushing it mid-flight.

Initiative:
Humans
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key

Damage

Need Mesi’s TA before we go to ‘mons.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-23, 08:10 PM
Crap. Wish they had held off for a bit longer. Watch out everyone! Drapion on the way! Gerald, Mjolnir's on his way! Ethan studies the charging Drapion carefully from his vantage point.

[roll0] 16=HP, 21=Level and HP
Mjolnir will help the cart when he can actually move, assuming this eats my command?

Arcran
2012-08-24, 12:33 AM
Since you guys kinda need this. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

Ethan can tell just from a glance that the Drapion is powerful.

Level 40, 85 HP

The Drapion slowly inches forward, knowing it can now catch the cart. One barks out an order, and they all begin scraping their claws against each other, honing them to a razor edge.

Taylor’s Kadabra fires off a blast of Psychic energy, taking down a Skorupi. Your Pokemon bounce nervously, all ready to do battle.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key

Damage

Esprit15
2012-08-24, 08:01 PM
Burn them, Diluvium. The Castform (still in Arte's old place) nods and spits some Embers at the Skorupi, focusing on 73 as it was the closest to the Castform's trainer.
Ember
Fire, Special
AC: [roll0] 2, Burn on 18-20
If Crit: +[roll2]

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-24, 09:44 PM
Romeo moves Konoha up to P25, the same square as Elly, and orders a fire spin on Drapion 4. 'Trap it! We need to delay them.'

Fire Spin
[roll0], base 4
[roll1] fire damage
trapped for [roll2] turns, takes 1d12 damage at the start of turn

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-24, 09:45 PM
extra crit damage

[roll0]

hustlertwo
2012-08-24, 11:34 PM
Zippo scurries over to the edge of the wagon in K-14 and fires off a blast of fire to protect his new master with the love of moistened bottoms and women's T-shirts.

[roll0] [roll1] fire special on Rupi 20.

Arcran
2012-08-25, 12:30 AM
Blerg. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

Passengers flee from Gerald’s cart, seeing that it is about to be overrun. They yell, worried that they’ll be next.

As your Pokemon unleash bursts of flame, two are met to great success. Dilumvium and Zippo overheat the core of the Skorupi, causing them to fall unconscious quickly. Konoha though, hers is different. At first it seems all is well; the beast disappears into a swirl of flame, but a few seconds later you see that whatever was in there has vanished without a trace. The other Drapion look at the square in shock, their metallic faces registering something that could be shock.

The Skorupi seem to start to shy away, as if they wish to flee; they have taken heavy losses after all, but just when they seem to be about to, their eyes flash a deeper red, and they surge forward again, continuing the offensive.

Some split off from the side, scurrying towards the Rhyhorn in Jessica’s cart. Three attack; one misses, and two others connect. One claw goes straight for the Rhyhorn’s eyes, a blow that could possibly kill it, but the claw suddenly veers to the side. You can see Jessica standing, gasping for breath a little. She must have somehow intervened.

The carts continue forward, moving ahead of the swarm. The Skorupi on the front cart swarm Mark, clawing with small claws. They aren’t getting much through his armor, but it’s wearing him down. He can’t take more than a couple dozen more hits like that.

Two more try to attack Ollie, now that they have found that to be more effective. Both connect, leaving more lines in his leathery hide. The elephant gives a gasp, then falls, unconscious. If he isn’t returned, the wagon may run him over. Another takes a swipe at Taylor’s Geodude and barely doesn’t get through the hide, although Quartz isn’t so lucky. The last tries to claw Mjolnir, to little effect.

The Steelupi swarm the other wagon. The driver has the sense to return Sim, only to be slashed again. He looks like he can’t take another hit. The others begin attacking Wagner and Gerald. Despite his attempts to dodge, Gerald can’t help but be hit. Wagner is clawed across the face, almost losing an eye. If not for his heat, he likely would have lost it. The others swarm Kubota. One misses spectacularly, tripping up another, causing it to miss as well. The last hits though, clawing the bulbous Pokemon.

Two fire at Isaac and James; the brothers easily take the shots. The two on the wagon team up on James; he isn’t looking so good.

Two rush Arte, shakily, even whatever made them continue fighting isn’t quite strong enough for their fear. They attack, claws going hungrily for the throat. For a second you feel fear, but Gerald’s craft holds true. The design takes away much of the impact, the hard metal absorbing even more. But even with those, the blows hurt.

A few more Skorupi flood into the fight; you can see more in the distance, but they’ll be coming far less slowly due to having to travel further.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key

Damage

28 Ollie.
22 Quartz.
1 Mjolnir.
54 Gerald.
16 Wagner.
20 Kubota.
22 Arte.

Slow ‘mons only please. TAs to come.

Eshkigal
2012-08-25, 12:54 AM
"Well, time to bail. C'mon, guy I don't know. Sparky! Cart's lost, help Mark!"
She gives a small salute, before launching a web at the cart arm holding the zebstrika.
[roll0]-must roll a 3 or better due to compound eyes
If she lands on board, she shoots a string shot at the two by Mark in a line.
[roll1]string shot, lowers speed 1 stage.
Meanwhile, Gerald recalls Kubota and eyes Ollie, before turning to Wagner.
"Ethan will save him. C'mon!"
And together, the two jump for the other cart (well, Wagner jumps off, but still).
[roll2]
(Wagner to I8, Gerald, well...up to you with that jump)

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-25, 09:24 PM
This is not good. Need Ollie back here. Mjolnir, go protect those Rhyhorn! Zen Headbutt! Mjlonir charges at 57, psychic energy waving off him.

[roll0] AC 4 Physical Psychic Flinches on 15-20
[roll1]
Mjolnir is at I20. Ethan will do stuff, but you don't want me to post that yet.

Arcran
2012-08-25, 09:48 PM
Tada! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

Sparky just manages to hook onto the lead cart, slowing two Skorupi with a jet of sticky threads. Mjolnir does well too; he hits the Skorupi hard, causing it’s shell to crumple and launching it out of the way. Taylor’s Sandshrew erupts out of the ground, arms going straight through a Skorupi and tearing it in half.

James and Isaac dart around their cart, taking down their boarders with a controlled burst of fire.

Gerald tries to make the jump. It seems like he’ll make it….

*THWACK*

Right before you could have landed, the Skorupi’s tail curls around your leg, dragging out down. Your head hits the cart hard, and you fade into unconsciousness. You hear Sparky cry out as you go down.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Slow Skorupi
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key

Damage

19 Gerald.

TA time!

hustlertwo
2012-08-25, 10:24 PM
Paul cringes as he sees Gerald go down.

Come on kid, we're playing for keeps here.

He points to the merchants clambering over each other to flee the doomed wagon, then gestures to his fallen comrade.

Hey, assorted useless people! No one gets on this wagon until Gerald there does. A couple of you, grab him and toss him onboard. If you don't, the scorpions will be the least of your worries, because I'll shoot you myself.

Paul then attempts once more to force his way into the digitized brain of these hapless creatures, particularly Steelrupi #1.

[roll0] (-6 more because apparently Strength is a viable option for a channeling stat, so 28).

Esprit15
2012-08-25, 10:30 PM
Artemis gasps for breath as the electricity rolls off of her. And more are showing up. Just Muking great. Artemis jumps over one and lets off another burst of electricity as she lands at T30.

Discharge
Electric, Special
AC: [roll0] 2, Paralyze on 15-20 (as if that part matters)

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-26, 05:46 PM
Romeo sends Fairy out to N23, and shifts his chair next to the driver in O23. He gives the man a slightly manic grin and tips his hat. 'I'll keep you company, keep the Rhyhorn moving.'

He fires at Skorupi 74. 'Arte, get that fine ass back on the wagon!'

[roll0], base 6
[roll1] fire damage
2 more damage from being level 10, making it 15

Eshkigal
2012-08-26, 06:18 PM
Most people would think of how this would suck. They'd panic. Going down among so many deadly mon, they'd think about loved ones, why they don't want to die. Gerald, though?
Muking steel types.
And then all was darkness.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-26, 06:20 PM
What the muk!? I need to sort this out and fast. Ethan hops off the platform to J13 and returns Ollie (will move more if I need to, that should be 5). Ethan then ponders how the Drapion just disspeared like that. If he still has actions, he climbs back on the platform on K13.

[roll0]

Arcran
2012-08-27, 12:39 AM
I map good. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

Romeo’s shots do barely anything to the Skorupi, although Arte’s shocking display manages to blow away the three that had just arrived, doing heavy damage and forcing them to power down.

The merchants huff and puff, rushing onto other carts as that one falls. One grabs Gerald and heaves him up, his considerable bulk shaking as he does so. With great effort he pulls Gerald on board. His head is bleeding profusely; he’d taken a nasty hit. The merchant hops out of the way as Ethan hops down, almost falling off the wagon. As you look back, the way the Drapion had vanished without a trace, you’d guess that it had used Double Team. Any other move would have left a trace, and if it had used Teleport it would still be within sight.

Taylor sends another burst of sand, dropping another of the Skorupi. Jessica sends a beam of purple energy at the Rhyhorn, healing it. It lets out an audible sigh of relief.

Paul connects with the Skorupi to find himself in a massive unit. You can feel the minds of the other Skorupi, feel the Drapion exerting its will. Single Drapion, only one. The Skorupi doesn’t know which is real though; the signal comes from them all. You feel the Drapion order a nearby Skorupi to take aim at Taylor for it, the feedback instantly going to the Drapion. You feel the force of will keeping the robots in line. You can feel the Drapion as they tighten their armor as a unit, then can only watch as one rushed forward to shoot a barb at Taylor, catching her in the shoulder. You feel the Kadabra’s Confusion glance of its thick metal hide, doing nothing even if this Pokemon is an illusion.

“Jessica! I could use some healing!” she says, slumping a little as the dart buries in her shoulder.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Slow Skorupi
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key

Damage

[spoiler]’mons faster than Skorupi./spoiler]

Esprit15
2012-08-27, 01:04 AM
"Diluvium, burn the central one!" Diluvium floats over to N28 in the cart to get into firing range and spits off, surprise, more Embers at D2.

Ember
Special, Fire

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-27, 08:21 AM
Wagner, come protect your master, a scorch that Steelupi! Everyone! It used Double Team! Fire at will and reveal the real one! And give that Drapion a cool stare.

It felt almost wrong. Commanding Wagner. He was Audwulfs brother. No, he is Audwulfs brother but he is not a substitite. This is not replacment, simply a need that needs fulfillimg. Thta is all. Gerald would understand.
Field Commander FTW!
Moving to 10 attacking 46. 1d20
[roll0]
Intimidate on the Rapion.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-27, 08:34 PM
Konoha moves to Q26 and shoots off a sleep powder to Skorupi 80 (should be in range.

[roll0], base 6

Arcran
2012-08-28, 12:41 AM
Well, fit is hitting the shan. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

Konoho’s blast of spores somehow take effect on the Skorupi, causing its red eyes to power down as the body slumps. The Drapion doesn’t look happy about that.

Wagner looks at Ethan’s command inquisitively. If he stayed where Ethan had ordered, he couldn’t safely blast the robot. Looking at you like you are a bit of an idiot, he backs up, then blasts the Skorupi into oblivion. His glare at the Drapion is more taunting than intimidating, seemingly pushing it over the edge and forcing it to slam the ground in blind rage.

Dilumvium’s shot strikes true, only to fly straight through the Drapion, causing the form to dissipate. The two remaining ones look at Dilumvium with murder in their eyes, and bellow a roar.

The wagons rush forward, some running over the bugs. Jessica and Taylor’s run over three, two catching a wheel. It creaks in protest. The wagon driver curses as the abandoned wagon slows to a crawl, somehow managing to swerve around it, although his wagon slams into Romeo’s, almost flipping over the cripple from the contact. The wheel grind on each other, creating a sound akin to nails on a chalkboard.

The leader of the abandoned wagon is panicking and yelling at the Geodude to pull it. It barely inches forward, not even crushing a bug. Four attack the Geodude, knocking them unconscious. The wagon driver fumbles for Pokeballs, trying to return the two, but is pulled under a swarm of Skorupi that quite literally tear him apart.

Another Skorupi scurries over to the one Paul is channeling, chattering at it. While Paul can’t understand what it is saying, the general message appears to be along the lines of “Why you no obey?” You can feel it struggling against your control.

Three gang up on Taylor’s Sandshrew; while they don’t knock it unconscious, it is bearing some new marks. Two scurry in front of a Drapion, likely to act as meat- er, metal shields.

Two more make a suicidal rush at the Rhyhorn pulling Isaac and James. While they hit hard, their claws don’t penetrate the tough Rhyhron hide.

More Skorupi continue to poor in, but at least they’re behind you now. That’s good, right?

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Slow Skorupi
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key

Damage

48 to Quartz.

’mons between fast and slow Skorupi.

Eshkigal
2012-08-28, 06:53 AM
Meanwhile, Sparky launches herself up to Mark's shoulder, eyes widening as she sees Gerald knocked unconscious. Gerald is hurt. Must save friend Gerald.
To aid in this, she electrocutes 9 and 7 with E-web, further gumming their motors up.
[roll0] vs sp def, +3 to any attack roll, has to roll minimum of 3
[roll1]-slows mon hit by another stage

Where did Wagner go on the map?

Arcran
2012-08-28, 10:18 PM
Losing is fun! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

Sparky’s shots don’t manage to take down the Skorupi; they are convulsing, barely standing, but judging by the way they continue to claw Mark, you don’t think they’re unconscious.

“Will somebody get these muking things off of me?”

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Slow Skorupi
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key
Ma: Mark (Sparky in same square)

Damage

And the slowest on ‘mons go now. Leave TAs for now.

hustlertwo
2012-08-28, 10:58 PM
Frondly blasts Steelrupi 17 with a frothy beam of bubbles.

[roll0] [roll1]

Arcran
2012-08-28, 11:33 PM
The beam of bubbles isn’t quite as accurate as you’d like and the Skorupi manages to dodge it fairly well, avoiding nearly all of the bubbles.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Slow Skorupi
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key

Damage

Round 4, start!

Esprit15
2012-08-28, 11:34 PM
Artemis smiles as the Skorupi short circuit, but loses confidence quickly as more arrive. "Muk, they just keep coming." Seeing the losing fight forming in front of her, she books it back to the wagon, leaping in and landing at Q27.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-29, 06:12 PM
'Arte, you should be more careful.' Romeo shifts to Q26, and heals Arte.

Use Treat Minor Wounds, Artemis gains 20HP

MesiDoomstalker
2012-08-29, 11:58 PM
Ethan releases the unconscious Ollie at I13, applying a revive to him. Here, jab this in him. Ethan hands a merchant a Fresh Water, motioning to Gerald. Artemis, can you see about retrieveing Sim's pokeball? Rather not leave him behind.

Esprit15
2012-08-30, 12:45 AM
(Both of the following are Free Actions)
Artemis just nods to Romeo, still breathing hard from the exertion of releasing so much energy and then sprinting back to the cart. I'll try, Ethan.

Eshkigal
2012-08-31, 02:43 PM
With Gerald aboard, Paul turns to the boarders, and tosses a pokeball at one. Waste not, after all.
[roll0]-aiming to catch 7

Arcran
2012-09-02, 12:04 PM
'cause I shoot to kill. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

Romeo’s care helps Arte immensely, patching up some of the bruises from the Skorupi. Ollie trumpets as he is Revived. Paul’s throw hits the Skorupi, absorbs it, and then rolls violently. Just when you think it’s about to break free, it stops. The merchant heals Gerald. A few cuts patch up, but he doesn't move.

Jessica lifts Pokeballs off the now filleted wagon driver, pulling them to her. She returns Taylor’s Geodude and Quartz. Taylor shoots a burst of sand at the Drapion but the wind must have taken it or something, causing it to miss by a wide margin.

Isaac takes a shot at the Skorupi attacking Mark but without a clear shot misses. James runs back to prepare for the rear group.

A dumb kid scrambles onto Romeo’s cart as well.

The Drapion roars, rushing to fight. One rushes forward, while the other shifts to the middle, obviously where the Skorupi swarm will come for him. A weapon apparatus rolls out from its arm, long spikes appearing. It opens fire, spines hitting Taylor, the Kadabra, Dilumvium, Romeo, and Arte, shooting with precision. Taylor takes the hit and seems as if she’ll stand, only to go down. The Kadabra is knocked into unconsciousness by one shot. Dilumvium takes the blow, staying floating. Romeo’s collides with his leg, bringing him no end of pain, and Arte’s armor manages to stop the brunt of the shot. Paul can feel a message calling for a Skorupi to target somebody for him but the plea goes unanswered; none are close enough to.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Slow Skorupi
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key

Damage

13 Dil.
25 Romeo.
10 Arte.

’mons faster than Skorupi, go!

Esprit15
2012-09-02, 12:33 PM
Arte: 64/116
Steel, 3 DR

Diluvium: 36/49
11 Defense, 10 Sp Defence

Artemis watches the Drapion, paying little attention to the needle that does hit her. Hm, one of them is still playing it safe back there. And Ethan's thoughts said something about a Double Team. Heh, classic tactic. Well, not wasting much energy on this one then. "Diluvium, burn the fake." Diluvium c*cks his head but spits some flames at the very not-fake looking Drapion near him (after shifting one square over to actually have a shot at it).

Ember
Fire, Special

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-02, 03:25 PM
Help Mark Wagner, Ember. Then get on cart, quickly. Wager fires flicks of flame at 17, before moving to J11.

[roll0] Special Fire AC 2 burns 18-20
[roll1] Also: merchant was supposed to heal Gerald, not Ollie. Ethan did that himself.

IrnBruAddict
2012-09-02, 03:52 PM
Romeo orders Fairy to Q28, where she fires off a thunder shock on 80.

[roll0],2+SDEF
[roll1]

Arcran
2012-09-02, 05:25 PM
And I'm ready to thrill! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

Dilumvium’s shot flies through the Drapion, removing it from the battle. It disappears, causing the final to roar in rage. Wagner’s shot manages to drop the Skorupi, causing it to crumple up on itself. Fairy’s shot gives the Skorupi a jolt but doesn’t come close to dropping it.

The wagons surge forward, gaining ground. The Drapion roars though, and all the Skorupi follow in hot pursuit. Two are crushed by a wheel as they are rolled over.

Paul feels himself lose his connection to his Skorupi, being too far away to communicate. A few hop onto the cart with Jessica on it, attacking her and some merchatns. One Skorupi attacks Willy but his claws glance off the thick hide of the Sandshrew harmelessly. The rest are too busy scurrying forward to catch the caravan to attack.

About a dozen more appear on the back, likely the last of the group.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Slow Skorupi
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key

Damage

Sparky!

Eshkigal
2012-09-02, 09:37 PM
(HP 43, Def 7, Sp Def 7)
Sparky shifts down to the last one (still on Mark), and slashes at it.
[roll0]+3 (compound eyes)
[roll1]

(HP 155+ (I dunno, hust's sheet and enduring soul powers), def 12, sp def 5)
Willy digs down, and then over to M25, a meter down. If that doesn't work, N25

Arcran
2012-09-03, 12:07 PM
Playin' to kill (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

Willy disappears underground, barely escaping the horde of Skorupi closing on him.

Sparky manages to connect, barely scratching across the skin of the Pokemon leaving a small line but not harming it. The Skorupi retaliates, attacking Sparky this time. A jolt of electricity lessens the blow, but Sparky is still hurt.

Taylor’s Sandshrew erupts from underground, taking a Skorupi out of the fight.

James and Isaac rush across their wagon, opening fire on the Skorupi, thinning their ranks.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Slow Skorupi
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key

Damage
7 Sparky

Get ready for…. Trainer Time! *general cheering*

Esprit15
2012-09-03, 12:40 PM
Artemis takes out a Fresh Water syringe and injects it into one of the openings in the armor made by the Pin Missile. Ethan, the girls got your Pokéballs. Also, Taylor is down.

Jess, do you need us over there?

Artemis: 94/116
3 DR, Steel Type

Diluvium: 36/49
11 Defense, 10 Sp Defense

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-03, 11:31 PM
Not much I can do about that Arte. Thank you Jessica. Lets get moving again! Ethan shouts to the remaining wagons, motioning for Ollie to board the cart (J9, same as Unconscious Gerald), Taylor's Sandshrew to head towards the other wagon (can't move it onto one unfortunalty), Wagner to K8 (ontop of platform, next to Paul), Sparky onto Ethan's shoulder, Willy to move deeper underground (2m down now) and then to N32 (straight line towards the Steelupi, 7m +1m further underground). Ethan himself gives a merchant a potion to heal Ollie and climbs up on the platform next to Frondly (L8).

Game Plan + with last Insight Point. Everyone I moved was placed before the carts moved.
Potion: [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2012-09-04, 08:33 AM
Romeo moved back to N22 and pulled out a fresh water. 'Jessica, catch! Use it on Taylor!' He tosses it over to her in the other cart.

In-case I need this
Dex check: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-09-05, 05:10 PM
May as well catch this one too. Can't hurt, right?
[roll0] (Pokeball to 9)

Arcran
2012-09-05, 06:17 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0

Paul’s Pokeball clatters harmlessly off the Skorupi who hisses angrily at the attack.

The merchant heals Ollie for 21 damage. Arte’s Water is refreshing as it flows through her bloodstream.

The carts and Pokemon move at Ethan’s flawless commands; they all go well until Taylor’s Sandshrew is blindsided by a wagon as the Rhyhorn run it over, almost knocking it unconscious.

Jessica manages to catch the Fresh Water with Telekinesis. She runs over to Taylor, applying it as fast as she can. Taylor doesn’t move though, still unconscious.

The Drapion continues to advance, his plates interlocking even closer as his Defenses become bolstered more and more.

The Skorupi horde is chittering; it seems they think victory is close at hand.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Slow Skorupi
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key
Et: Ethan (Sparky with)
Wi: Willy (2 Under)
Ol: Ollie (With Gerald)

Damage

’mons faster than Skorupi go!

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-05, 07:10 PM
Wagner, get rid of that pest. We're almost done here anyways.

Ember at 9
[roll0]
[roll1]

Esprit15
2012-09-05, 07:40 PM
"How cute, they think they're winning. Diluvium, into position!" Artemis projects an image into Diluvium's mind of the spot she wants him at (N31, 9m up). The small mon flies forward and upward at the command. Everyone needs a backup plan. And Willy may need the distraction. If things go wrong.
Double Shift!

IrnBruAddict
2012-09-05, 08:50 PM
'Hold out girls. Fairy, help Jess and Taylor out!'

Fairy rushes over to where John is (N21, sharing the square), and fires off a wave of thunder at the Steelupi attacking Jessica.

Thunder wave on Skorupi 1

Arcran
2012-09-06, 09:06 PM
dunh dunh dunh dunh! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

Dilumvium glides above the Skorupi.

Wagner manages to finish off his foe, dropping it. Fairy paralyzes the target, causing it to be unable to move.

The Skorupi horde continues to advance, clawed appendages raised as they race forward, outstripping the wagons easily as they run full speed. A few fall back to serve as an honor guard for the Drapion while the rest continue to rush forward.

The ones on Jessica’s cart begin attacking. One merchant tries to fight, only to be brought down under the assault of three of the beasts. He drops to the ground, bleeding profusely.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Skorupi 1 (‘cause PARALYZED!)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key
Ar; Artemis
Di: Dilumvium (Nine up)

Damage

Finish off Pokemon actions.

Eshkigal
2012-09-06, 09:34 PM
Sparky hops down from Ethan's shoulder, bounces off a merchant's head, and falls on the ground (L10). She then launches a strand of web at the next cart back. Gerald always petted her for helping, so she'd help them all.
[roll0]-Using Threaded to get onto part of the cart at L18 (K18? There may have been some communication issues), specifically the part keeping the Rhyhorn strapped in (or onto the rhyhorn's head), as part of a double move. If the first part is illegal, she shoots from the Merchant's head at a downward angle.

Meanwhile, Willy tunnels under L41, and lets loose with a Bulldoze.
[roll1]-Bulldoze, 3 m burst, lowers speed 1 combat stage on all targets
[roll2]-should catch Drapion, 82, 83, and 96
[roll3]-in case of crit

Arcran
2012-09-06, 11:47 PM
Yay to Iron Defense! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

Sparky manages to agilely cross the battlefield.

Willy sends forth a wave of dirt. The Drapion’s armor holds strong, blocking the whirling dirt but his guards are sucked in the vortex and destroyed in a wave of sand and dirt. The Drapion roars, glaring at ground, right above where Willy is located. A metal appendage prepares to dive below the dirt to attack.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key
Ar; Artemis

Damage

Trainer Actions.

Esprit15
2012-09-07, 12:05 AM
"Romeo, heading back out to take out that cluster. Cover me if you can." Artemis crackles with electricity as she runs off the cart, swinging off the back of the wagon and landing at S 26, a blast of electricity flying off of her. I am so ****ed if this fails.

Discharge
Electric, Special

IrnBruAddict
2012-09-08, 10:21 AM
Romeo, seeing the other cart was in trouble, tried to chuck a ball at the Steelupi, hoping he could catch one or at least get their attention.

'Hey, metal faces! Over here!'

pokeball on Skorupi 1, who is paralyzed.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-09-08, 10:31 PM
Paul looks left, and takes aim at 40 with the uzi. Open season, bitches!
[roll0]
[roll1]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-09, 07:43 AM
Ethan injects another fresh water into his thigh. He was going to be a pin cushion after this. The battle was dragging on way too long. At least their numbers were thinning.

Arcran
2012-09-09, 08:25 AM
Only has 125 HP now..... (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

As Arte leaps the Skorupi prepare this time, hunkering down, the wave of electricity rolling harmlessly over them. The Skorupi Romeo targeted, despite its Paralysis, dodges the Pokeball that hits the side of the wagon and cracks. Paul’s rounds seem to be defective, not exploding on contact. The Enriched Water flows through Ethan, healing his wounds. James and Isaac yell when they see nothing within range of their guns. Jessica tosses out a Litwick and downs an Enriched Water herself.

The Drapion roars and shoots a metal claw into the earth. A nearby Skorupi sends a scan into the ground to pinpoint the location, and the second claw shoots down as well, although it misses.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key
Ar; Artemis

Damage
30 to Willy.

After Drapion.

IrnBruAddict
2012-09-09, 10:22 AM
'Konoha, fire spin over there! Help the other cart out.'

A wave of fire shot from the Vulpix's mouth, trying to curl itself around Steelupi 14.

[roll0], base 4, SDef
[roll1], fire special damage
[roll2]

Esprit15
2012-09-09, 12:05 PM
****. Muking. ****. Take out the leader. Just off the leader. They'll help you. Diluvium, fire at the Drapion. The voice is blank as Artemis sees the Skorupi ready for another attack. Diluvium floats over to M42 (Still 9m up) and spits flames down at the Drapion.

Ember
Special, Fire

Eshkigal
2012-09-09, 08:46 PM
Zippo moves to J7 and blasts fire at 40.
[roll0]incinerate-destroy berries
[roll1]

Arcran
2012-09-09, 09:54 PM
I feel like I'm winning. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

As Diluvmium takes aim the Drapion locks eyes, staring at the Castform. It waves its arm and a Skorupi, leaping up and taking the Ember in the side, the blast hitting it full on, warping the metal at contact and dropping it. Konoha and Zippo’s attacks are met with similar success, removing their foes.

The Drapion barks out a command and the nearby. The Skorupi form a defensive perimeter. A few nearby ones send scanning rays into the ground, pinpointing weak spots in Willy’s armor and uploading them for the horde to see.

The Skorupi nearest to Arte rush her, planning on not letting the Psychic get off another attack. Their claws batter her armor, denting and bending it, although you stay standing.

One rushes at Jessica. She cries out in pain but stays standing.

Most of the others continue to race after the lead although four are close enough to fire off Poison Stings, all arcing over the wagon to catch Zippo over his body. His hot blood keeps the Poison at bay but the attacks still hurt more than the lava mole will let on.

The last Skorupi is paralyzed and can’t act.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key
Ar; Artemis

Damage
-3 DEF on Willy.
52 to Arte.
30 to Willy.

Slow ‘mons.

Eshkigal
2012-09-09, 10:11 PM
Sparky thwips to I22, and after making a tiny cut with a claw, spits electric webbing at the incoming steelupi.
[roll0]-e web, slows mon hit down 1 stage, aimed at 86 primarily
[roll1]
She then waves to Jess.
"Joltik!"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-09, 10:42 PM
Alright Ollie, lets get you back into the game. Get the drop on them. Ethan points to the small contingent of Steelupi converging on the lead cart. Ollie nods and rockets off towards the group, slamming a powerful mini-elephant foot down amongst their ranks.

Move to E9, Bulldoze. AC 2 Physical ground
[roll0]
[roll1]

Arcran
2012-09-09, 10:54 PM
Bleh. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

Sparky manages to tangle of the Skorupi a bit. Ollie gets a powerful slam in, taking out two more Skorupi. Taylor’s Sandshrew bursts out of the ground, taking out another Skorupi.

“Hey! Need an Antidote or something!” Mark shouts. The Zebstrika is once again falling to the Poison.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Kadabra
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Sim (7)
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Skorupi 86
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key
Ar; Artemis

Damage

Trainers.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-09, 11:00 PM
Ethan sighs and hops off the platform, again and applies a Antidote. I still owe you. Don't worry, I won't charge a tab.

L4, Curing of the poison mon. If possible, handing Mark a Super Potion to bring it to full strength.

Esprit15
2012-09-09, 11:38 PM
"I can't believe I'm doing this..." Oh Zekrom, don't let this be how this ends. "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU VILE MACHINES!!!" she screams in Unovan. Another burst of electricity waves off of her, washing over all seven Skorupi around her, and runs to Q27.
Discharge
Electric, Special, 3m Burst

IrnBruAddict
2012-09-10, 09:46 AM
Romeo once again tries to take pressure off of Jessica, trying to catch Steelupi 1 rather than deal with the one right in his face.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-09-10, 08:39 PM
Paul gives the zebstrika a potion (moves to J4)
[roll0]

Arcran
2012-09-11, 12:04 AM
*cringes* (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

Arte manages to catch all the Skorupi, sending the shorted out corpses flying across the battlefield. The Zebstrika sighs in relief at the healing, head lulling contentedly. Romeo’s ball fails once again, not quite managing to contain the rampaging Skorupi.

The Drapion looks down towards where it struck Willy last time. Both claws shoot down and in a shower of dirt the Sandshrew is pulled above the earth. A Skorupi takes aim and, now that the Sandshrew doesn’t have a dirt shield, the armored claw of the Drapion goes straight through her leg. If not for the massive amounts of adrenaline coursing through Willy’s system, she likely would have fallen unconcious.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Litwick
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Skorupi 86
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key
Ar; Artemis
Wi: Willy

Damage
61 to Willy.

Esprit15
2012-09-11, 12:12 AM
Diluvium, more fire. Diluvium nods before seeing that the Drapion mysteriously teleported away from him. He shakes his head and floats to M47, spitting more flames from the air at the Drapion.

Ember
Fire, Special

IrnBruAddict
2012-09-11, 11:09 AM
Romeo, acting the stupid hero, ignores the Skorupi right next to him in order to help out Jess.

'Konoha, melt them down!'

[roll0], base 2, burns on 18-20

[roll1] special fire

Arcran
2012-09-11, 11:20 PM
Willy the Sandshrew will be missed. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

The Rapion takes the shot from Dilumvium, looking up at it with rage filled eyes. Konoha burns the Skorupi into oblivion while the Litwick handles the other Skorupi on the cart. The carts continue to roll forward, handling the Drapion. A cry sounds from the Drapion, causing most of the Skorupi to actually reverse direction. The ones nearest the Drapion though rush Willy, aiming to make sure this creature cannot hurt their leader. A barrage of steel claws, poison barbs and other various assaults attack the Sandshrew. Only Paul’s training keeps the Sandslash standing, sheer rage at the Drapion causing her to below before preparing for a powerful blast of earth.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Litwick
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Skorupi 86
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key
Ar; Artemis
Wi: Willy

Damage
98 to Willy.
And Poisoned.

JUST WILLY.
Nobody else goes.
ONLY WILLY.

Eshkigal
2012-09-11, 11:31 PM
Rage fuels her. Rage is her. She can kill, she can maim, she can SLAUGHTER! She prepares to burst...
"Willy, NO!"
...And looks back at the human. She could slaughter...but they could slaughter her, too. She knows that to die here is fruitless. She digs down, and away to L45 (2 meters below, to make it not so easy on them). Poison eats at her, though. (-9, need help badly)

Arcran
2012-09-11, 11:36 PM
I guess Willy the Sandshrew is sticking around. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdDBLaTVST2xycGFlanZXX2oxMzNDe FE#gid=0)

Willy manages to burrow away, the Skorupi all being too slow to catch the Sandshrew as she flees.

Initiative:
Humans
Rapion
Konoha (11)
Elly (10)
Zippo (7)
Dilumvium (7)
Sniper Joe (7)
Wagner (7)
Litwick
Rhyhorn
Skorupi
Sparky (6)
Willy (6)
Taylor’s Sandshrew
Skorupi 86
Buck (5)
Calva (4)
Ollie (4)
Kubota (3)
Mjolnir (3)
Quartz (2)
Puck (1)

Key
Ar; Artemis
Wi: Willy (2 under)

Damage

Other guys.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-09-11, 11:39 PM
Mjolnir, charge! And he does just that, making a beeline towards the metal monstrosities (M32).

Eshkigal
2012-09-12, 12:27 AM
Sparky screeches at 38, because it's still nearby.
[roll0]-Screech, drops def by 2 stages.