PDA

View Full Version : "Let the magics come to my soul....." [3.5, Base Class, PEACH]

bindin garoth
2012-08-11, 03:49 PM
THE SPELLBOUND

Changelog:

V1.0 8/11/2012
-Class is up!

V1.1 8/11/2012
-Clarified some wording
-Changed the Double Binds of Enchantment and Illusion. Now, you can still bypass the normal immunities, however they enjoy a bonus to their save.
-Double the wait for Lucky Foresight
-Currently deciding how to change the Fused Conjuration ability. As it is right now it is way too powerful.
-Limited the size of the Conjure Object spell
-Making some changes to the illusion bind, but debating how to go about it.

V1.2
-adding ranges to the binds. Forgot to do this before :smallredface:
-Increased duration of Conjure Item
-Adjusted the enhancement bonus of the Mystic Blade
-Replaced Fused Conjuration with Summoning the Elements
-Changed Double Bind effects of the Conjuration school bind
-Set a duration on Show What You Know
-Changed the Warning effect to Visions
-Lowered the duration of the Future of Demons ability. Also it now does not stack with itself.
-Changed the spellcasting progression slightly, it is now closer to a bard's spellcasting progression (except +1 spell slot to all levels, to account for loss of spells when spellbinding, Will reduce it more if people think it needs to be).
-Removed Spell-Bound Fortitude, replaced with Spell Attraction. Makes it easier to make use of your Counter Bind and Counter Burst abilities!
-Changed duration of Fleeing Foes.
-Changed up the Illusionary Combat, Ilusionary Assault, Reaping Grounds, and Illusionary Weaponry abilities. Most of the Illusion abilities needed a rework to a degree :smallredface:
-Added the Spell-Infused Summons effect to the Conjuration effects. Hopefully this will help those Spellbound who want to focus on summoning, since they don't get access to spells higher than 6th level.
-Changed Rebuke Undead to have a limit instead of 1/5 rnds

V 1.21 8/14/12
-Continuing Changes from yesterday
-Changed Necromatic Aura damage to /2
-Changed duration of Potent Cloud to as long as they're in the cloud +2 rounds.
-The Necromancy double bind effect now does not stack with itself, nor does it stack with other effects. However, it does allow other spells to escalate the effect.
-The Necromancy burst effect now cannot affect you.
-Changed Morphic Body to 10% per [spell level]
-Enhanced Body is now ([spell level] - 1), now taking longer to be more useful.
-Reinforced body is now changed to 1/3 [spell level] from 1/2, bringing it more in line with the Illusionary Assault effect.
-Changed Modify Body to base land speed or 5ft per [spell level]. Can't have you getting a fast fly speed by level 1 can we? :smallwink:
-Changed the Morph Foe ability to halve its duration.
-Changed the Transmutation double bind to halve the abilities for both yourself and the ally. Also added a clause that allows you to chose a bind twice if you have this effect, they you and your ally fully benefit from the effect.
-Added a note to the Embodiment ability about DM's and cheese :smalltongue:
-There may be a big change in the next day or two, depending on some feedback about a change to the spellbinding system.

V2.0 [s]Coming soon to a playground near you! Is here!
-Changes in the binding system have the DC's and power levels rise based on character level instead of the level of the spell.
-To keep the balancing factor, however, you suffer penalties for not binding you highest levels spell. It's minor for 2nd from first, but escalates after that.
-Changed the Illusion burst to a variation of the Shades spell.

V2.1 8/21/12
-Sorry I've been gone for a while folks, been really busy here. Let's get down to business, shall we?
-I finally filled in the level 7 gap! Behold the Knowledge of the Arcane ability!
-Changed skills to 4+int.
-Changed several abilities from (1/2 Class levels) to (1+1/3 class levels). I'll be trying the effects like this, if it seems to scale too slowly for some abilities I'll probably change them to (1/2 class levels, minimum 1) or something of the like.

V2.2 9/25/12
-Guess it's about time I rolled out an update huh?
-Several of the Bursts have been buffed. As part of a playtest I've realized they are way too weak damage wise. Still have yet to test some of them though.
-Binding Mastery is being replaced with Binding Mastery. It does the same things, but it also allows one to sacrifice a use of it to replace the spell slot lost from a spellbind. A feat will be written up to grant additional uses of this ability.
-Reserve feat support is out! A Spellbound will be able to charge reserve feats with their spellbinds, allowing them to use the feats as effective as Wizards! Futhermore, they'll be able to use burst effects to empower the reserve feat. Currently only a few of them are up, I will finish putting them up as soon as I have a chance.
-I finally changed the capstone! Still want something better though, I'm going to have to think about this.
-Later, I do plan on modifying a few of the Burst effects I'm unhappy with (Conjuration & Transmutation, I'm looking at you).

V2.21 9/26/12
-Continuing the changes from yesterday.
-Finished the Reserve Burst effects! These are initial abilities, so I will come back to them as necessary.
-Created a feat for Binding Mastery.
-I'll be starting the Burst changes another time.
-I also plan on redoing the Arcane bind. It was meant to be a generalist bind, but as it is right now, there is little incentive to actually use it.

V2.3
-Added new feats, including some multi-classing feat.
-Plan to add one more feat, and then start the Martial Initiator ACF!

10/25/12
V2.31
-Yes, updates are unfortunately coming out slow.
-Updated the conjuration burst ability with a new effect!
-The Martial Initiator ACf is still in the works. I keep on hitting slumps with this ACF.

1. Introduction
2. Spellbound: A unique casting class
3. ACFs: Other masters of the arts
4. Feats for the masters of the binds

"May you hold on your spells forever." Nix, master Spellbound

This is a project I'm working one, having worked on this on and off for months now. The inspiration came from a manga, although it took a while for the idea to actually take off in my head. Originally, the class was much more complex, breaking down spells into the different subtypes, such as summoning and fire. However, between time constrains and having to go through all of the types, I ended up dropping it to just the different schools to keep my sanity.

What am I saying, none of us who play d&d are sane.....

And eventually, I was able to finish this class! Right now, only the basics are up. I hope to eventually write the fluff up for this class, but I also have several ACF's in mind, such as a dual-progression with Soul Binding, switching over to maneuvers, powers or even Formula. (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?board=64.0) In addition, I plan on writing feats to make multiclassing easier, although that probably won't come until much later.

However, as always, comments and critiques are most certainly welcome, and feedback from playtesting is even more welcome. Right now, I'm currently debating between Spells Known and just making a spell list where they know all of their spells, thoughts on this are greatly appreciated!

The aim for this is a flexible tier 3 class, whose main limit is the number of spells they can bind/cast in a day.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/335/4/5/magic_warrior_by_candra-d3406hg.jpg

Alignment: Any

Class Skills
The Spellbound's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff(Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide(Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Knowledge (the planes) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently(Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex)
Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int (x4 at first level)

Hit Dice: d8

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special| 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2| Spellcasting, Armored Caster(Light), Spell Bind | 2 | 1 | - | - | - | - | -

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3| Burst | 3 | 1 | - | - | - | - | -

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+1|
+3|Enhanced Bindings I | 3 | 2 | - | - | - | - | -

4th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4| Mystic Eyes | 4 | 3 | 1 | - | - | - | -

5th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|Spell Resistance I, Binding Mastery 1/Day | 4 | 4 | 2 | - | - | - | -

6th|
+4|
+5|
+2|
+5| Spell Bind II | 4 | 4 | 3 | - | - | - | -

7th|
+5|
+5|
+2|
+5| Knowledge of the Arcanes, Spell Reserves | 4 | 4 | 3 | 1 | - | - | -

8th|
+6|
+6|
+2|
+6|Enhanced Bindings II | 4 | 4 | 4 | 2 | - | - | -

9th|
+6|
+6|
+3|
+6| Mettle | 4 | 4 | 4 | 3 | - | - | -

10th|
+7|
+7|
+3|
+7| Binding Mastery 2/Day, Reserve Burst | 4 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 1 | - | -

11th|
+8|
+7|
+3|
+7|Spell Resistance II | 4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 2 | - | -

12th|
+9|
+8|
+4|
+8|Counter Bind | 4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 3 | - | -

13th|
+9|
+8|
+4|
+8|Enhanced Bindings III | 4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 1 | -

14th|
+10|
+9|
+4|
+9|Spell Bind III | 5 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 2 | -

15th|
+11|
+9|
+5|
+9| Binding Mastery 3/Day | 5 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 3 | -

16th|
+12|
+10|
+5|
+10|Counter Burst | 5 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 1

17th|
+12|
+10|
+5|
+10| Eyes of the Archmage | 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 2

18th|
+13|
+11|
+6|
+11| Spell Attraction | 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 3

19th|
+14|
+11|
+6|
+11| Repressing Spell | 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 4

20th|
+15|
+12|
+6|
+12|Magic Conversion, Binding Mastery 4/Day | 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 [/table]

Weapon Proficiencies: A Spellbound has proficiency with all Simple and Martial weapons, and with light armor. A Spellbound is not proficient with any shields.

Spells: A Spellbound casts arcane spells, which are drawn from the
sorcerer/wizard spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. To learn or cast a spell, a Spellbound must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Spellbound’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the Spellbound Charisma modifier.

Like other spellcasters, a Spellbound can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on the table above. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Charisma score. The Spellbound selection of spells is limited. A Spellbound begins play knowing 3 0-level spells, and 2 level 1 spells of his choice. At most new Spellbound levels, he gains one or more new spells, as indicated below.

A Spellbound can learn any sorcerer/wizard spell. Upon reaching 8th level, and at every three class levels afterwards, a Spellbound can choose to learn a new spell in place of one he already knows. The new spell’s level must be the same as that of the spell being exchanged. A Spellbound may swap only a single spell at any given moment, and must choose whether or not to swap the spell at the same time that he gains new spells known for the specified level. (1st-6th level spells, spells per day should be similar to a bard)

Spells Known:

{table=head] Level | 0 | 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th
1st | 4| 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0
2nd | 5| 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0
3rd | 6| 3 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0
4th | 6| 4 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0
5th | 6| 4 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0
6th | 6| 4 | 4 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0
7th | 6| 4 | 4 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0
8th | 6| 4 | 4 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0
9th | 6| 4 | 4 | 4 | 2 | 0 | 0
10th | 6| 4 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 0 | 0
11th | 6| 4 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 0 | 0
12th | 6| 4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 2 | 0
13th | 6| 4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 0
14th | 6| 4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 0
15th | 6| 5 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 2
16th | 6| 5 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 3
17th | 6| 5 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3
18th | 6| 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 4
19th | 6| 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 4
20th | 6| 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 5
[/table]

Spell Bind (Su): A Spellbound is a student of the arcane, but in a more unique way than most. He has learned to take the energies in a spell and bind them to himself, granting himself some of it’s power! At level 1, whenever the Spellbound casts a spell, he may spend a swift action to bind the spell to himself, granting him the benefits as described below. The spell cast disappears, its normal effects lost and the spell slot is lost. If the spell is cast from an item or otherwise does not use a spell slot gained from the Spellbound class, the spell may not be bound. The spell bind remains until he regains his spells or he dismisses the effect as a free action (or uses the bind’s burst ability, as described below). He may either bind it as an arcane spell or as a spell of it’s school, gaining the benefits described below.

Binding a spell requires a large amount of arcane energies, and in order to advance the strength of the binds, he must continue to sacrifice larger amounts of arcane energies. If a Spellbound sacrifices one of his highest spell slots that he has access to from this class, he gain the benefits described below. However, if he sacrifices a spell lower than the highest he currently has access to from this class, he suffers a penalty to the abilities granted by the spell bind. A spell slot 1 level below the highest suffers a minor penalty, but any lower than this begin to suffer major penalties.

Penalties:

{table=head]Spell Levels lower than Highest |
Penalties

-1 | -2 to class levels for determining the abilities of the bind (to a minimum of 1 class level)

-2 | -4 to class levels for determining the abilities of the bind (to a minimum of 1 class level), +1 round wait for all abilities that require a wait before using again.
-3 or more | -(2 x levels lower than highest) to class levels for determining the abilities of the bind (to a minimum of 1 class level), +1d4 round wait for all abilities that require a wait before using them again. Cannot gain a double bind effect.
[/table]

At level 6, you knowledge of spell bindings has increased. You may now bind two spells at once, gaining both of their benefits. Furthermore, you may now gain access to the Double Bind abilities. Whenever you bind two spells of the same school, you may sacrifice one of the normal effects you would gain access to (Meaning you gain access to 3 total effects instead of 4), instead gaining the effects of the double bind.

At level 14, you are near your maximum potential. You main now bind three spells at once. However, this is straining on your body. Whenever you bind a third spell, it only lasts for a number of rounds equal to it’s spell level. Should the number of spells you have bound be reduced during this time period, it is instead treated as a normal spell bind.

Armored Caster (Ex): A Spellbounds spells are simpler to cast then a Wizard’s spells, and can be cast while in light armor. A Spellbound casting any spell gained from this class may ignore the Spell Chance Failure of light armor while casting the spell.

Burst (Su): A Spellbound who as achieved 2nd level has learned to build up magical pressure from the bound spell, and to release it in a burst attack against one foe. You gain the ability to perform a bound spell’s burst ability as a standard action (normally), which causes you to lose the spell bound.

Enhanced Bindings (Su): A Spellbound of at least 3rd level has learned to enhance the powers behind the spell, granting himself even more power. His caster level increases by 1 whenever he has a spell bound.

At level 8, your powers grow even more. Choose one of your spells bound. Treat it as if your character level was 2 levels higher for the purposes of it’s abilities. You may change the spell bound you selected as a full-round action.

At level 13, your powers are at their peak. Whenever you have a specific school bound to you, all spells you cast from that school have their DC’s (if any), and all effects you use from it's bind increased by 1.

Mystic Eyes (Su): Due to the nature of your spell binds, your sight changes at level 4. You are able to cast the detect magic spell at will as a supernatural ability with a caster level equal to your class level.

Spell Resistance (Su): A Spellbound of at least level 5 has become infused with magics from his spell binds, to the point where spells cast at him get caught up and absorbed by the magics within him. Whenever the Spellbound has at least 1 spell bound to himself, he gains SR equal to his class levels + 5. He may voluntarily lower his SR as a free action. If the Spell Bound is has achieved level 11, then he instead gains SR equal to his class levels + 10.

Binding Mastery (Su): As you binding abilities continue, you learn little tricks that help you with your binds in combat. Once per day, you may perform one of the following as a full-round action. At 5th level, and every 5 levels thereafter, you gain another daily use of this ability (Note: if you have the ability to bind 3 spells, then the third spell bound is not affected by any of these abilities):
-If you have more than one spell bound, you may use the burst abilities of both. You lose the benefits of both spells bound, as normal for using a burst ability.
-You may use the burst ability of one spell bound and bind another spell in the same action. You still sacrifice a spell slot, as normal for binding a spell.
-You may bind two spells in the same action, if you can bind more than one spell.
-When binding a spell, you may spend a daily use of this ability to regain the spell slot lost from binding the spell.

Knowledge of the Arcanes(Ex): By level 7, you have gained insight into the studies of the arcane arts due to your constant binding of spells. You gain an +4 insight bonus to the spellcraft and Knowledge(Arcane) skills. Furthermore, if you fail a check to identify a spell by 5 or less, you still know what school it is from.

Spell Reserves(Ex): Because of your studies with holding onto arcane energies, you have learned to make use of the reserve abilities many other mages use at level 7. However, despite your limited arcane spells, you can use them just as well as many mages can. You qualify for Reserve Feats as if you could cast spells of the same level as a Wizard could. Furthermore, as long as you have at least one spell bound, you may use a Reserve feat as if you had a spell in reserve whose level was equal to ½ of your class levels.

Reserve Burst(Su): Your masteries over the use of Burst effects allow you to combine them with your Reserve feats. As a standard action, you may sacrifice any one spell bound in order to empower the Reserve feat. This counts as a Burst ability for any other ability based off of Burst effects. A Reserve feat may either:
-Have all damage done increased by 50%.
-The DC increased by 1 + ¼ class levels (rounded down)
Or it may be affected by one of the following, as long as the bind sacrificed is of that type:

Note: All save DC’s are calculated just like the spellbind DC’s are.

Abjuration: All damage (if any) is converted to force damage. In addition, any foe hit suffers the effects of a targeted Dispel Magic spell, with the following exception. The bonus to the dispel check is equal to your class levels.

Conjuration: You summon the Reserve feat from an unusual angle, making it hard to defend against. Any foe targeted by the reserve feat suffers a -1 to AC and any save vs the Reserve feat. This penalty increases by 1 per four class levels. Furthermore, you are able to call forth a much stronger effect. Any elemental resistances cut in have vs the Reserve feat, and all damage done is increased by your charisma modifier.

Divination: Foes affected by your Reserve feat have their weak points shown to all of your allies, thanks to a little Divination magic. All alies targeting them gains an insight bonus to attack rolls equal to 1 plus 1/4th of your class levels, and deal additional damage equal to your Charisma modifier. These effects last for 5 rounds.

Evocation: The blast is particularly forceful, causing any foe hit to stumble and leave openings. Any foe hit provokes an AoO from all of your allies who surround him.

Enchantment: Foes affected by your Reserve feat must make a Will save or believe the Reserve feat was from his closest ally. His next turn, he must make one attack against this foe to the best of his ability. If the foe could make multiple attacks, the first attack must be against the foe's ally, but any others may be against any target of his choice. This can affect no more than three enemies with one use.

Illusion: Even after being assaulted by your Reserve feat, the foe believes he is still being attacked by it. The foe must make a Will save or be distracted by it, suffering a penalty to AC equal to 1 plus ¼ of your class levels (rounded down), and takes non-lethal damage equal to the damage done by the Reserve feat.

Necromancy: Foe's hit by your Reserve feat suffer temporarily, as their body starts to decay. Chose Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution. All foes hit by your Reserve feat must make a Fortitude save or suffer a penalty to the chosen score equal to 1 plus 1/2 of your class levels for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier. This is reduced to 1 plus 1/3 of your class levels if you chose Constitution.

Transmutation: Those hit by your Reserve feat are warped, losing some of their ability to fight. Those foes hit must make a Fortitude save or one of their natural or manufactured weapons is warped beyond recognition, causing it to become an improvised weapon who deals 1d3 (this damage is for medium creature, use the size-appropriate damage if larger or smaller) plus one-half of their strength modifier bludgeoning damage. Furthermore, part of their body is warped, causing them to a penalty to natural armor (if any) and reflex saves equal to 1 plus 1 per four class levels. This lasts for Charisma modifier rounds.

Mettle (Ex): You can resist magical attacks with greater effectiveness than other warriors. Beginning at 13th level, by drawing on your boundless energy and dedication to your cause, you can shrug off effects that would hinder even the toughest warrior. If you succeed on a Fortitude or Will save against an attack that would normally produce a lesser effect on a successful save (such as a spell with a saving throw entry of Will half or Fortitude partial), you instead negate the effect. You do not gain the benefit of mettle when you are unconscious or sleeping.

Counter Bind(Su): A Spellbound, at level 12, has learned to take the spells cast at them to power up. Whenever a spell fails to overcome a Spellbound’s Spell Resistance, the Spellbound may spend an Immediate Action to bind the spell. If he already has his maximum number of spells bound, he must dismiss one of them as a free action.

Counter Burst(Su): At level 16 the Spellbound has learned bind a spell and release one already bound at the same time. Whenever a Spellbound uses their Counter Bind ability, they may use the Burst ability of one of their spell’s already bound (or the spell that was just cast at them) in the same action. If you have the maximum number of spells bound,this does not affect them (unless you use one of their burst abilities instead of the spell cast at you).

Eyes of the Archmage (Su): Your eyesight has improved yet again at level 17, due to the spell binds. You are now able to cast the arcane sight spell at will as a supernatural ability with a caster level equal to your class level.

Spell Attraction (Su): By level 18, your experiments with binding spells have attuned you to the flow of magic. A number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier, as an immediate action, may redirect a spell towards yourself. If an ally is targeted by a single target or ray spell, it is instead hits you. If it is a ray attack, it automatically hits you. Furthermore, you may use your Counter Bind or Counter Burst abilities at the same time you use this ability, despite it also taking an immediate action.

Spell Repression (Su): Once per day, as an immediate action, you may suppress a spell which targets you. The spell is negated, as if it had failed to overcome your spell resistance, even if it doesn't normally allow for spell resistance. Furthermore, you may bind the spell as a free action, as if you had used you Counter Bind ability.

Magic Conversion Su): By level 20, the Spellbound has mastered his art. He can now temporarily push his spell binds past there limit. Once per encounter, you may push your spell binds to the limit. For a number of rounds equal to your charisma modifier, you may treat you character level as being multiplied by 1.5 for determining your effects.

bindin garoth
2012-08-11, 03:50 PM
Spell Binds:

Note: All save DC’s are (10+ 1/2 Class Levels + Charisma Modifier). Furthermore, all abilities granted from these binds are supernatural abilities. You may not choose the same effect twice unless otherwise stated. The caster level for all of these abilities (if needed) is equal to you class levels. For all abilities relying on a fractional amount of class levels (such as 1/2 class levels), round down for the values.

Arcane:

Chose 2 of the following:

•+(1 + 1/3 Class levels) Insight to all damage rolls (but not to ability damage scores)
•+(1+(1/4 Class levels)) to AC as a deflection bonus
•+ (1 + 1/3 Class levels) Resistance to one save
•+ (1 + 1/3 Class levels) Competence to 2 skills

Double Bind: All effects from above are now multiplied by 1.5 (rounded up). In addition, the caster level of all spells you cast are increased by (1/4 Class levels)

Burst: Unleashed Arcane: You unleash a blast of raw Arcane energy, devastating one foe. This deals 2d6 x (1 + 1/2 Class levels) arcane damage as a ranged touch attack to any one foe within 10ft x (1 + 1/3 Class levels).

Schools:

Abjuration:

You gain 2 of the following:

•Abjurant Protection(Su): (3 + 1/3 Character level) to AC as an armor bonus. If you are currently wearing armor, use the better of the two values.

•Resistance(Su): (Class levels) as energy resistance to any one type, chosen at time of binding. You may select this multiple times, each time choosing a different energy type.

•Swift Abjurations(Su): Requires level 6. You may cast any Abjuration spell as a swift action whose spell level is no greater than (1/6 Class levels). This only works with spells gained from the spellbound class.

•Warding Arcanes (Su): As a standard action, you may create wards to protect yourself from foes. Chose a number of 5ft cubes equal to (1 + 1/3 Class levels) within (5+5x(1/2 class levels))ft. Once created, however, you do not need to stay within this distance to maintain them. All of them are warded with one of the following effects, and are visible as floating arcane runes to everyone. You may only have one use of this effect at a time; if this ability is used again while the previous one is in effect the old wards disappear. In addition, while creating these wards, you may designate a number of people equal to (1 + 1/3 Class levels), these people are unaffected by the wards. These wards last for a number of rounds equal to the (1 + 1/3 Class levels), although they can be dismissed any time as a free action.

-Energy: Anyone stepping through this ward takes (1 + 1/3 Class levels) d3 damage of an energy type designated. The energy types available are: fire, cold, electricity, acid.

-Forcing: Anyone stepping through this ward must make a fort save or be stopped in their movement and be pushed back 10ft in the directing they came from. They may try to move past the ward multiple times in a round, if their movement speed allows for multiple attempts.

-Anti-Magic: Those who step through the ward are automatically targeted by a variation of the Dispel Magic spell. This acts as the targeted version of the Dispel Magic spell, except as follows. Only the highest level spell is targeted, or in the event of a tie, it is chosen at random. If the target has no spells active on him, it instead targets a magic item. Unlike normal, there is no limit to the caster level bonus to the dispel check. If it is successful versus a magic item, it is suppressed for 1d4 rounds. Your caster level for this ability is equal to your class levels.

-Wall: This ward acts as a wall, exactly like the Wall of Force spell, except as follows. It only lasts for a number of rounds as stated above, and each cube is completely covered by a 5ft cube of the wall of force. If any one is disintegrated by the spell, all cubes are disintegrated.

•Cushioning Magics(Su):DR/- equal to the (1/3 Class levels)

Double Bind: All numeric effects from any of the above abilities multiplied by 1.5 (rounded down) (Swift Abjurations is not affected by this effect) The following are affected by this effect:
-Abjurant Protection
-The number of wards you create (and damage) by you Warding Arcanes
-The DR from Cushioning Magics
Furthermore, your spell resistance increases by (1/3 Class levels) amount.

Burst: Repelling Burst: You unleash a burst of magical energies as an immediate action. All within 10ft of yourself take (1 + 1/2 Class levels)d8, and must make a Fort save be pushed back 30ft. A successful save halves the damage and only results in being pushed back 10ft.

Conjuration:

•Mystic Blade (Su): As a standard action, you may conjure up any weapon with which you are proficient with. It gains an enhancement bonus equal to (1 + 1/3 Class levels). If the weapon requires ammo, ammo is automatically generated when you attack, and disappears after one round of leaving your hands. If the weapon requires reloading, it is automatically reloaded as a free action. This weapon disappears as soon as it leaves your hands.

•Conjured Object(Su): As a standard action, you can create any object whose value does not exceed (1 + 1/3 Class levels)gp. However, the object is not perfect, and disappears in (1 + 1/3 Class levels) x 10 minutes. In addition, it can easily be seen as a copy of an object, and cannot be sold. When conjured, the object appears in your hands (or at your feet if it cannot be carried at the time). The size of the object may not exceed a 5x5x5ft cube.

•Defensive Conjuration(Su): As an immediate action, you can conjure forth a barrier of metallic plates (or other items if you'd prefer) between you and a foe, giving you total concealment against that foe (and only that foe) for one round. This can only be invoked every 1d6 rounds.

•Summoning the Elements(Su): You gain the benefits of the Summon Elemental reserve feat (even if you do not qualify for it), except as follows. It is instead based off of (1/2 Class levels, minimum 1) instead of the highest level conjuration spell you have available. It gains the benefits of one passive spell bind effect that you possess, chosen at the time of the summoning (such as the Cushioning Magics as listed above under Abjuration, but not Warding Arcanes, as it requires a standard action to activate). The elemental uses your base BAB, base saves, and possess 1/3 of your maximum HP (unless any of it's base statistics are higher, then it uses it's own for any of the above values), and remains by your side until this spell bind ends or is destroyed. You may only have one elemental in existence at a time, summoning a new elemental destroys the old one. This counts as a summoned creature for any feats or spells that benefit (or harm) summoned creatures. If you already have the feat you may summon elementals from both this effect and the feat, however the one gained from the feat does not gain any benefits of this effect.

•Weapon Snake(Su): As a standard action you may call forth a flurry of weapons anywhere within 30ft. This appears as a “snake” of weapons, taking up a 5ft cube plus another 5ft cube per 3 Class levels. On this turn, and every turn thereafter, you may move this “snake” 30ft on the ground as a move action, or 15ft in the air. However, all 5ft cubes must always be within 5ft of another cube. Whenever it moves into a square with a foe, it deals (Class levels) damage in slashing, bludgeoning, and piercing damage. A successful reflex save halves the effect. In addition, any foe that fails the reflex save starts bleeding out from the wounds, taking 1 damage each round until they receive a DC15 Heal check or receive magical healing. Multiple instances of this effect stack. You may only have one Weapon Snake effect in existence at any time.

•Spell-Infused Summons: Whenever a Spellbound with this effect casts a summoning spell (such as summon monster I) or uses the Summoning the Elements effect stated above, the creature(s) summoned gain the following. A bonus to HP equal to (1/2 Class levels + your Charisma modifier), and a (1/3 Class levels) morale bonus to attack and damage rolls (Minimum 1). This may only affect a number of creatures equal to (1 +1/3 Class levels).

Double Bind: You gain 2 of the following effects:
•You may now summon any Paraelemental or Storm elemental with your Summoning the Elements effect, as long as they are of a size you could normally summon. In addition, if you possess at least 7 class levels, the size of your elemental summoned by this ability increases by one. If you possess the Summon Elemental feat from any source other than the Summoning the Elements class feature, it does not gain any of these benefits.
•You may replace half of the Mystic Blade's enhancement bonus with special abilities (rounded down). If you select any special ability with daily uses, the number of uses counts for all summoned weapons that day, not just the one. Furthermore, once you summon a weapon with the Bane special quality, you may not change the creature type selected for any weapon you summon until 24 hours have passed.
•Your Defensive Conjuration’s cooldown is decreased by 1 round.
•Your Weapon Snakes damage is increased by Charisma Modifier amount, and can now be moved as a swift action. This can be selected more than once, each time increasing the damage by Charisma Modifier amount.

Burst: Summoning(Su): You bring forth your energies in front of you. Soon, they form into a creature that obeys only you. As a standard action, you may use summon monster Y, where Y equal 1/2 of your class levels. The monster(s) summoned last for a number of rounds equal to 1 plus your class levels.

Divination:

Sign: To all: Ignore for now until I find good pictures for the rest of the binds.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/205/b/e/Magic_eye_by_Grim_Reaper_669.jpg

•Insight(Su): 1 + (1/5 Class levels) to AC (insight bonus), reflex saves, and initiative from your foresight capabilities.

•Visions(Su): You receive visions of any dangers within the way. You gain the Trapfinding ability, along with a bonus to search and disable trap checks equal to your (1 + 1/2 Class levels). In addition, you gain the ability to detect hidden doorways around you. You are entitles to a search check to find all hidden doors within 5ft x (1 + 1/4 Class levels) of yourself, as if you were actively searching for them.

•Show What You Know(Su): You have the ability to replay things you’ve seen for others. As a standard action, you may project your memories into any number of allies within 30ft. All allies see exactly what you saw, and may make appropriate skill checks to notice or gain information. You may only show recent memories, as the memory must of occurred within (1 + 1/2 Class levels) x 10 minutes.

•Future of Demons(Su): As a standard action, you show a foe within 30ft a terrifying vision of the future and its death. The exact details are up to you, but regardless the foe must make a Will save or be shaken for 1 + (1/3 Class levels) rounds. This effect is a [mind effecting] and [fear] effect, and does not stack with itself, and has a range of (1 + 1/3 Class levels) x10ft.

•Hindsight(Su): By studying an area (max 100ft x 100ft area) for an hour, you are able to get brief visions of major events that have happened in the past within the area. By spending another hour in the area, focusing on it, you are able to get exact details on any one event that occurred within the area, up to an hours’ worth of events. While focusing on the area, you must not perform any heavy activities, such as combat and heavy lifting. This cannot go back in the past more than (1 + 1/2 Class levels) years for the exact details, however you are able to get generalizations of times further back than this.

•Lucky Foresight(Su): You catch a glimpse of an immediate danger right before it happens. Once every 1d6 rounds, you may reroll any saving throw with a (1/2 Class levels) -2 (minimum 0) bonus. You must accept this second reroll, even if it is worse.

Double Bind: You gain the Insight ability listed above. If you already have it, the bonuses are multiplied by 1.5. In addition you gain the ability listed below. In addition, you gain the ability to use the Scry spell as a spell-like ability once every hour. However, you must have a mirror, crystal ball, or other reflective surface to use this ability.

Burst: Divination of the Heavens(Su): You look into the future and see the exact positioning of the opponents in the battle. Using this knowledge, you disperse your energies, allowing them to be ready for the right moment to strike. As a move action you lose the spell bound, but any time thereafter during the encounter, as a free action (immediate action if it is not your turn), you call the energies for just as you planned. This manifests in one of two ways:

-The energies surge forth to protect you, granting you a (1 + 1/2 Class levels) deflection bonus to ac and resistance bonus to all saves for one attack or effect.
-The energies rush at a chosen foe within 30ft at the most opportune moment, dealing (1 + 1/2 Class levels)d8 to the enemy.

Evocation:

•Elemental Assault(Su): Make a ranged touch attack against any one opponent. That opponent suffers (1 + (1/4 Class levels))d6. The damage can either be fire, cold, electricity, or acid, and using this is an attack action. If your BAB is high enough you may make multiple attacks with this ability as a full-round action (it cannot be dual-wielded however). This ability has a range of (1 + 1/3 Class levels) x10ft.

•Mystical Blasting(Su): Any spell, spell-like, or supernatural ability (including abilities gained from binds) that you use that deals damage deals an additional amount of damage equal to your Charisma Modifier.

•Elemental Blast(Su): You may create a burst of energy to attack your foes. This burst deals (1/2 Class levels)d6 + Charisma Modifier damage in either a 30ft cone or a 60ft line, chosen at the time this ability is used. The damage can either be fire, cold, electricity, or acid, chosen at the time of use. Using this is a standard action, and the opponents hit are entitled to a reflex save for half.

•Devastating Power(Su): Whenever you deal damage to a foe, the power of the attack damages the ground beneath him. If a foe suffers damage from an attack by you with any of the abilities granted from this bind or from an evocation spell cast by you, the ground beneath him and within 5ft of him (or all other terrain within the area of effect if it has an area of effect) becomes difficult terrain. In addition, the foe must make a Fortitude save or be pushed back 10ft away from you by the force of the attack.

•Magic Mine(Su): You create small rapid moving orbs of destructive energy. As a standard action, chose a number of 5ft cubes equal to 1 +(1/3 Class levels). A small orb appears in each cube and moves rapidly back and forth. Any foe moving through such an area takes (1/2 Class levels)d4 force, fire, cold, electric, or acid damage, chosen at the time the ability is used and with a reflex save for half. In addition, those that fail the reflex save are stopped in their movement, and cannot move for the rest of their turn. These mines cannot be places on any square that is already occupied, and disappear whenever they hit a foe. In addition, these mines also disappear in (1/2 Class levels) rounds. Only one instance of this effect may be in place at a time, if this ability is used again while another one is in place, the old one disappears.

Double Bind: All damage done by any spell, spell-like, or supernatural ability from you is increased by (1/2 Class levels). Furthermore, once every 1d4 rounds, in response to taking HP damage, you may use any ability granted by this spell bind as an immediate action.

Burst: Explosia(Su): You focus all of the energies from the spell into a tiny orb, and toss it at a foe, where a huge explosion is created. As a standard action, make a ranged touch attack against any one foe within 100ft. That foe, if hit, is then the center of a 30ft burst. All within this burst take (1 + 1/2 Class levels)d8 + your Charisma modifier, with a reflex save for half. However, the opponent whom this effect is centered takes does not get a reflex save, and instead is treated as if he failed the save. In addition all who fail their save are pushed back to the edges of this effect and knocked prone.

Enchantment

•Peaceful Aura(Su): You create a tranquil aura around you. All foes within 50ft must make a will save or suffer a –(1 + (1/5 Class levels)) to all attack rolls. A successful save negates the effect for the encounter. However a failed save remains in place as long as they remain within the vicinity of the area, if they leave and re-enter, they get a new saving throw. This is a [mind-effect] ability.

•Powerful Voice(Su): This bind requires you to possess at least 4 Spellbound class levels.. You may use the Command spell at will. In addition, if you are at least 11th level in the spellbound class, you also get the suggestion spell at will.

•Friendly Appearance(Su): You create an aura where you appear much friendlier and kind, and that aids you with any talking. You gain a (1 + 1/3 Class levels) bonus to all diplomacy, bluff, and intimidate checks.

•Fleeing Foes(Su): You create a sudden fear within foes. Target a 10ft burst within 10ft x (1 + 1/3 class levels). All foes within that area must make a Will save or become shaken for 1d4 rounds. This is a [mind-effect] and [fear] ability, and does not stack with itself.

•Inspiring Presence(Su): An aura, center on you, creates feelings of confident and power within your allies. All of your allies (including yourself) within 10ft x (1 + 1/3 Class levels) deal an additional amount of damage equal to (1/2 Class levels) on all of their melee and ranged attacks. This is a morale bonus.

•Grand Foe: As a standard action, you may fill a foe will great confidence, causing him to be overly confident in himself. The foe takes a –(1/2 Class levels) to AC and damage rolls. Furthermore, the foe cannot use the total defense action, and will not retreat from the battle until this effect ends. A will save halves the penalties, and the foe can retreat or use the total defense action. This effect has a range of 10ft x (1 + 1/3 Class levels).

Double Bind: The save DC’s of all of the effects chosen above and spells from the Enchantment school are increased by 2.

Burst: Mesmerize
As an immediate action, you can Daze any creature within 10ft x (1 + 1/3 Class levels) for a round. A Will save negates the effect but the target creature is considered flat footed until the start of your next turn.

Illusion:

You gain 2 of the following. (note: All effects are treated as illusions, and as such can be seen past by True Seeing and the like):

•Illusionary Combat(Su): As a standard action you create a small illusionary spell over yourself to aid yourself in combat. Afterwards, you must spend a swift action each round thereafter to maintain the effect. Each turn, select one of the following benefits:

-Illusionary Attack: You illusion makes it seem as if you are attacking from a completely other direction, giving you a (1 + (1/5 Class levels)) to the attack roll.
-Illusionary Feint: You may feint as a move action in combat. If you possess at least 6 class levels in the Spellbound, you may feint as a free action.
-Illusionary Defense: You appear to have no openings at all, giving you a (1 + (1/5 Class levels)) circumstantial bonus to armor class.

•Illusionary Assault(Su): You create a figment, reinforced by shadows, as a standard action. Chose any foe within 10ft x (1 + 1/3 Class levels), they take (1 + 1/3 Class levels)d4 damage as their shadow attacks them. If the opponent makes a successful will save nothing happens, as they were able to see past the illusion. If they fail this save, however, they take the damage and keep on believing their shadow is attacking them, getting a new save each round to escape the illusion. Each round, maximum number of rounds equal to 1 + (1/3 Class levels), they take (1/2 Class levels) damage from the shadow. This is an [illusion (figment)] ability. As long as a creature is taking damage from this ability you cannot use it again.

•Reaping Grounds(Su): Your illusions cover the entire area within 5ft x (1 + 1/4 Class levels) of you, and make it seem as if the very ground was alive, and hampers the foe in any way possible. Walls may seem to pop up and move, trees may block opponents, ect. As a standard action, you force all foes within the area to make a Will save. Any foe who fails this treats the terrain as difficult terrain, and takes (1/2 Class levels) nonlethal damage each round. Each round foes get another save to end the effect, and once they do, they remain immune to the effect for 24 hours. Ending this effect is a free action. This effect lasts for (1+ 1/3 Character level) rounds.

•Illusionary Weaponry(Su): As a move action you may surround yourself with a number of floating illusionary daggers equal to 1+(1/3 Class levels), reinforced with shadows. On that round and ever round thereafter, as a free action on your turn, may make 1 melee or ranged attack. Regardless of the type of attack made, no attacks of opportunity are provoked and all attacks, if they hit, deal (1 + 1/3 Class levels)d4 slashing damage. A creature hit is entitled to a Will save to halve the damage. A creature who is hit gets a stacking +1 bonus to Will saves against further attacks against it. In addition, you may instead wield the daggers, using the above statistics for damage. You still get multiple attacks with it if your BAB is high enough. Only one instance of this bind may be in effect at a time. Each time you hit a foe with a dagger, regardless of if they make the will save or not, the dagger disappears.

•Illusions(Su): You may use the Silent Image spell at will as a spell-like ability. I you possess at least 8 Spellbound class levels, this is upgraded to the Major Image spell. Both effects last for Concentration + 1 rounds.

Double Bind: You gain the Hide in Plane Sight ability. Furthermore, you gain a circumstance bonus to hide checks equal to (1/2 Class levels).

Burst: Illusionary Spell (Su): As a standard action, you focus your illusions in a single energy, and unleash them upon your foes. This ability acts as the Shades spell, with the following exceptions. The spell is treated as being 10% + (10% x 1/3 Class levels) real. The Will save to disbelieve is (10 + ½ Class levels + your Charisma modifier), and the maximum level of spell that may be used is 1 + 1/3 Class levels.

Necromancy:

•Necromantic Aura(Su): All enemies within 10ft of you take 1 +(1/4 Class levels) negative energy damage each round at the beginning of your turn. Undead are healed by this effect. This can be activated and deactivated as a free action on your turn.

•Rebuke Undead(Su): You gain the ability to Rebuke Undead as a Cleric of your Spellbound level. You may use this a number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier, however this limit may never exceed you Spellbound levels. This does not qualify you for feats or prestige classes, however if you have any feats, abilities, or items that can be fueled with Rebuke Undead, this ability may fuel them.

•Undead Body(Su): You gain many of the benefits of undeath. You are now healed by negative energy effects and damaged by positive energy effects. In addition, you are immune to nonlethal damage, fatigue effects, and sleep effects. Unfortunately, you are now effected by turn attempts, having become partially undead.

•Vamperic Touch(Su): As a standard action, make a touch attack against one foe within reach. It takes (1/2 Class levels)d6 negative energy damage. You are healed for half of the damage dealt, this is not a positive energy effect, so if you have the Undead Body effect (or another similar ability), you are still healed by this effect.

•Strength-Draining Blast(Su): As a standard action, make a ranged touch attack against a single foe within 10ft x (1 + 1/3 Character level). They take a 1 plus 1 per three class levels penalty to strength for (Class levels) rounds. This cannot drop their strength below 1.

•Potent Gas: Creates a 10x10x10ft cloud in any area within 10ft x (1+ 1/3 Class levels). All within this cloud must make a fortitude save or become sickened for as long as they remain within the cloud + 2 rounds. This cloud remains in the area for (1 + 1/3 Class levels) rounds. You may only have one of these in effect at a time, if you activate a new one while the only one is still in effect, the old one disappears.

Double Bind: Whenever a foe is under the effects of a bind ability or a Necromancy spell, the necromantic energies wear their body down. They must succeed on a Fortitude save or become fatigued for 1d4 rounds. This effect does not stack with itself, nor can it escalate the fatigue effect from another spell (foes cannot become exhausted by this effect, however other effects can if the enemy is already under this effect).

Burst: Necromantic Revivification(Su): You can use this ability as an immediate action on any of your allies who have recently died (as long as their body is still intact, must of been within (1/2 Class levels) rounds). Necromantic energies flood the dying person’s body, bringing them back as a temporary undead. They gain all the benefits (and penalties) of being undead, and gain an amount of HP equal to ½ of their maximum hp. They can act normally for a number of rounds equal to (1 + 1/2 Class levels), and then they die again, regardless of how much hp they had. A character dying at the end of this effect may not be targeted by this effect again, and although a character already under this effect that dies again before the effect would end can be targeted again, this effect instead only revives them and gives them the HP, the original duration is not reset.

Transmutation:

•Morphic Body(Su): The organs within your body are constantly moving around, granting you a 10% per (1/2 Class levels) chance to negate critical hits and precision damage.

•Weapon Morph(Su):As a free action, you may grow a natural weapon of any type. A chart is listed below, and is sized for medium creatures. Reach is 5ft for medium creatures. You may have a maximum of (1 + 1/4 Class levels) natural weapons at any one time. In addition, you can only have a number of bite attacks equal to the number of heads you possess, and a number of claw attacks equal to the number of hands you have. The spine is an exception to the above rules, it is a ranged natural weapon that has a range increment of 15ft, and may be chosen multiple times. It has a maximum of 3 range increments. For all natural weapons you get ½ your Strength modifier to all damage rolls.

{table=HEAD] Natural Weapon | Damage
Claw | 1d6
Bite | 1d8
Wing | 1d6
Tail | 1d8
Tentacle | 1d6
Sting | 1d6
Spine | 1d6[/table]

•Enhanced Body(Su): You reinforce your body, gaining an enhancement bonus to any one physical ability score (Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution) equal to (1 + 1/3 Class levels). This may be changed as a standard action.

•Reinforced Body(Su): You toughen up your body with magic, granting you an enhancement bonus to either natural armor, fortitude saves, or reflex saves equal to (1 + 1/4 Class levels). The choice may be changed as a standard action.

•Modify Body(Su): You are able to change your body to give you new abilities. You now possess a flight speed with average maneuverability, a burrowing speed, or a swim speed equal to your land speed or 5ft x (½ Class level), whichever is lower. Once chosen this cannot be changed. Burrowing does not leave a tunnel behind.

•Morph Foe(Su): You reach out and touch your foe, causing horrible pain as their body is twisted and morphed. Make a melee touch attack against anyone within range. They must succeed on a Fort save of have their body become disfigured. They take a -(1 + 1/4 Class levels) to their Strength score, and have all of their speeds reduced 5ft x (1 + 1/4 Class levels) to a maximum of 1/2 of their highest speed. This lasts for (1 + 1/4 Class levels) rounds.

Double Bind: You can now grant an ally any benefit you would receive from any of the above abilities as a melee touch attack as a standard action. This lasts until you dismiss it as a free action. However, all numeric abilities are halved (including: number of natural attacks, speeds, enhancement bonuses, natural armor) for both yourself and the ally. Any one ability may only be granted to one ally in addition to yourself. In addition, if you possess this effect, you may choose an ability twice, unlike normal. If so, whenever you grant an ally the effects of an ability, you both full effects of that ability only. Or you can split up the effects between up to four people, each gain 1/2 of the normal benefits.

Burst: Embodiment: By using up the energies from the bind, you are able to mimic the Polymorph spell, with the following exceptions. This effect lasts for (1/2 Class levels) rounds. Furthermore, the HD limit of the creature may morph into is (1+ 3/4 Class levels).

NOTE: THE SPELLBOUND AND PRESTIGE CLASSES

If a Spellbound takes levels in a spellcasting Prestige Class, he gains a special benefit. At each level the spellbounds spellcasting abilities (including caster level and spell slots), that level also counts towards the advancement of effects for the spell binds, such as save DC's and any effects that rely on class levels. This does not, however, advance any other spell bound class feature (including the ability to bind multiple spells).

bindin garoth
2012-08-11, 03:51 PM
ACF’s:
Pact-Bound Adept: Binder/Spellbound dual progression.

Lose: Reduced spellcasting progression and spells know, as shown below. In addition the Spellbound losses access to all of his Enhanced Spellbind class features.

Spells per Day:
{table=head]Level | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
1 | 2 | - | - | - | - | - |
2 | 2 | 1 | - | - | - | - |
3 | 2 | 2 | - | - | - | - |
4 | 3 | 2 | - | - | - | - |
5 | 3 | 3 | 1 | - | - | - |
6 | 3 | 3 | 2 | - | - | - |
7 | 3 | 3 | 2 | - | - | - |
8 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 | - | - |
9 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2 | - | - |
10 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2 | - | - |
11 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 | - |
12 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 2 | - |
13 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2 | - |
14 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 |
15 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 2 |
16 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2 |
17 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2 |
18 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 3 |
19 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 |
20 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 |[/table]

Spells Known:
{table=head]Level | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
1 | 2 | - | - | - | - | - |
2 | 2 | 1 | - | - | - | - |
3 | 2 | 2 | - | - | - | - |
4 | 3 | 2 | - | - | - | - |
5 | 3 | 2 | 1 | - | - | - |
6 | 3 | 3 | 2 | - | - | - |
7 | 3 | 3 | 2 | - | - | - |
8 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 | - | - |
9 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 2 | - | - |
10 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2 | - | - |
11 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 | - |
12 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 2 | - |
13 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2 | - |
14 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 |
15 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 2 |
16 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2 |
17 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2 |
18 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 3 |
19 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 |
20 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 |[/table]

Gain:
Limited Soulbinding: A Pact-Bound Adept learns several arts at once, in an attempt to combine them all into a single source of power. At level 1, a Pact-Bound Adept learns to bind Vestiges to his soul in a limited fashion. He may select any level 1 Vestige, binding it to his soul like a binder would. However, due to his multiple focuses, he only gains 1 benefit of the Vestige, chosen at the time of the binding. His binding level equals his levels in the Soulbound.

Soulbinding(Su):By level 3 a Pact-Bound Adept has learned the arts of soulbinding, just like the binder class feature. This functions the same way as the binder class feature, except the Pact-Bound Adept can never bind more than one vestige.

Focus of the Vestiges (Su): You have begun to learn to combine your two powers at level 3, by sacrificing a little of a Vestiges energies, you can empower a spell bind. As a free action, you may sacrifice the use of a Vestige’s once per 5 rounds ability (treating it as if it had been used, and waiting 5 rounds before you can use it again), and either:

-Empower one of your effects from a spell bind. An effect empowered deals 1.5 times it’s normal amount of damage.

-Make the effect harder to resist, adding ½ (min 1) of the vestige’s level to the DC of the effect used.

Spell-Bound Void(Su): At level 8, you have learned how to empower your vestige with the powers from you spell binds. Chose one spell bind effect currently affecting you. You lose access to this effect, as well as all benefits from it, for 5 rounds. In turn, you may increase your soulbinding level by 1 + 1/3 (rounded down) of your soulbound levels for one round. Activating this is a free action.

Void-Driven Burst(Su): At level 13, you have learned the final ability of the Pact-Bound Adept. You may sacrifice all of the abilities of the vestige for the remainder of the encounter to raise you spellbound levels by an amount equal to the Vestige’s level, for the purposes of you spell bind effects only. This lasts for one round.

bindin garoth
2012-08-11, 03:52 PM
Feat Reserve post

bindin garoth
2012-08-11, 03:54 PM
FEATS

{table=head]Feat Name | Brief Description
At One with Spells | Advance you spellcasting and binding abilities.
Binding Focus | Focus on the Bind of one school, gain slight benefits with it
Bound to the Shadows | Advance your mysteries and spell binding
Mastery of the Binds | Gain more uses of your Binding Mastery class ability
Spell-Bound Auras | Advance your auras and spell binding abilities.
[/table]

At One With Spells
Prerequisites: Spell Bind class feature, Ability to spontaneously or prepare Arcane or Divine spells.
Benefits: Chose any one spellcasting class other than you Spellbound class. Level in this class stack with levels of your Spellbound class to determine you caster level for each class. In addition, you may treat you levels in this spellcasting class for determining the effects of spells bound, and sacrifice spells from this class for spell binds (also use the highest level spell you can cast from either to determine penalties, you may bind spells from either class freely, unlike normal). However, you do not gain any other features of the spellbound class unless you advance levels in it (such as the ability to bind multiple spells).

Binding Focus:
Requirements: Spell Focus(Any School)
Benefits: Chose one school for which you possess Spell Focus. Any time you bind a spell of that school, you may treat your levels as being 2 higher for the purpose of it’s effects and burst ability.

Bound to the Shadows
Prerequisites: Able to cast 2nd level mysteries, Spell Bind class feature
Benefits: You levels in Shadowcaster (or other homebrew shadowcasting class) and Spell Bound stack for the purpose of caster levels for both classes, the effects of spells bound, and your Sustaining Shadows class feature. In addition, you gain the ability to bind mysteries as if they were spells, gaining the effects below. Treat the mystery as a spell of one level higher for determining the penalties (if any). (Only in here because of the power difference between spells and mysteries.)

Sign: Your shadow seems to be constantly moving and writhing. A DC 10 spot check notices this effect.
Effects: Chose two of the following. All effects related to class levels rely on both your spell bound and shadowcaster levels.
-Shadows Attack Thee(Su): As a standard action, you call forth the power of the Plane of Shadows to assault your foes. This manifests as a sphere at a point you designate, in a 10ft burst effect. All within take 1 + 1/3 class levels d6 damage, with a reflex save for half. All who fail the save are entangled by the shadows for 1 + 1d4 rounds.
-Shadows Be With Me(Su): Once per encounter, you can enter a state of meditation while in combat. Entering this is a free action, and does not provoke AoO. While in this meditation, your connection with the Plane of Shadows increases greatly. You gain a bonus to your Charisma Modifier equal to 1 + ¼ of your class levels. Furthermore, part of the plane actually fuses with you, making you only partially real. All effects targeting you only have a 10% + 10% per 4 class levels (Max 50%) chance of actually affecting you, otherwise it seemingly passes right through you. However, any effect that would ignore miss chances due to being encorpreal (such as force effects) also ignore this miss chance. This ability lasts for 3 + your new Charisma Modifier. After this effect, you are fatigued for the remainder of the encounter.

-Shadows Without Me(Su): As a move action, you may teleport , as the Dimension Door spell, anywhere within range, as long as the area is in a shadow. You may use this ability at will.

-Shadows Bow Down To Me(Su): By controlling one’s shadow, you control them. As an attack action, make a ranged touch attack against one foe. If the foe is hit, they then must make a will save or be affected as if targeted by the Command spell.

Double Bind: The save DC’s of all mysteries you cast and effects listed above increase by 1. In addition, up to 3 times a day (not per bind), you may regain a use of a spell-like or supernatural mystery you can cast by taking a minute to meditate.
Burst: Death of a Shadow(Su): As a standard action, you target one foe within 30ft. That foe must succeed on a will save or losses it’s shadow, causing the creature to become ethereal. A foe that becomes ethereal drops all equipment it is carrying, unless the equipment could normally affect ethereal creatures. This lasts for 1 + 1/3 class level rounds. A foe who succeeds on the save still has part of it’s shadow shaved off, causing it to suffer a 25% chance of not being able to affect anyone with any ability. It does not, however, lose it’s equipment. If it should cause any sort of effect that would target multiple people, roll the miss chance for each one. This otherwise lasts for the same duration as above.

Mastery of the Binds
Requirements: Binding Mastery class feature
Benefits: You gain one more daily use of your Binding Mastery class feature.

Spell-Bound Auras
Prerequisites: Ability to project one or more auras, Spell Bind ability, ability to cast 2nd level arcane spells
Benefits: Chose one class that gives you the ability to project auras (if you have one). It’s levels stack with your Spell Bound levels for determining your caster level, the effects of your spell binds, and for the bonuses of the auras you can project. You do not, however, advance any other class abilities, such as learning more auras or gaining access to higher tiers of auras. In addition, as a swift action, choose one ally who is affected by one of your aura(s), and then one of the effects of a spell bind that you are currently under the effect of. That ally gains the ability of the effect while under the effects of your aura, using your statistics for determining the benefits of that effect. If you should loss the effect of that spell bind, this ability does not work until you take another swift action to designate another effect and/or ally. The effect and/or ally may be changed as a swift action.

bindin garoth
2012-08-11, 04:12 PM
The Discipline Bound

Designer notes:

So why make the binding system different than for the normal Spellbinder?
A few reasons behind this.
First off, Maneuvers are weaker than spells, and are less versatile than spells, with a few exceptions (I’m looking at you, Iron Heart Surge). Therefore, I believe there should be no limits separating this ACF from a normal martial initiator. He’ll get full initiator levels and up to 9th level maneuvers.
Second, Maneuvers are much easier to refresh and gain back. However, when a normal Spellbound binds a spell, they are sacrificing a spell slot for the day, limiting their resources. So let’s limit it so that the maneuver sacrificed cannot be recovered while in that particular bind. For now, we’ll keep then penalty system in place.
I also do not want this class to be able to outclass the other martial initiators, although it’s flexibility will be higher. Between this and the fact that a Bound Disciple can switch between binds much easier than a Spellbound, I’ve decided to do away with the normal second bind, and instead allow them to bind a second school at a cost. For now there will be no double bind abilities. I may make a feat chain allowing for a second bind of the same school with no consequence, however.
In short, the main changes vs the spell binding system will be:
1. A maneuver sacrificed cannot be recovered while the bind is in place.
2. This will be a full initiator class. There are currently no partial initiator classes, and I’m not about to start.
3. Second binds will be more limited than a normal spell binder, due to how easy it is for one with this ACF to switch between binds.
4. Maneuver progression will be somewhere between a Warblade’s and a Swordsage’s. This will give them enough maneuvers to be able to specialize in one school or several. To compensate, their recovery ability will be weaker than a Warblade’s
5. At least initially, they will have no Burst effect. It’d be too easy for one to keep on cycling burst effect from a bind. Of course I could always make it so the maneuver is unusable for the remainder of the encounter, but I’d like to see how this ACF works in it’s current form first.
6. I am considering adding a burst effect for these guys now, which would require sacrificing an additional maneuver to use. The maneuver could be recovered, however. I’m waiting to finish off the class before doing so.

Class Skills
The Spellbound's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff(Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide(Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (History) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Listen (Wis), Martial Lore, Move Silently(Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex)
Skills Points at Each Level: 6 + int (x4 at first level)

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2| Maneuvers, Discipline Bind

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3| Battle Guidance

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+1|
+3|Enhanced Bindings I

4th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4| Nimble-Bodied

5th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|Spell Resistance I

6th|
+4|
+5|
+2|
+5|

7th|
+5|
+5|
+2|
+5| Heard it All

8th|
+6|
+6|
+2|
+6|Enhanced Bindings II

9th|
+6|
+6|
+3|
+6| Mettle

10th|
+7|
+7|
+3|
+7| Dual-Focus

11th|
+8|
+7|
+3|
+7|Spell Resistance II

12th|
+9|
+8|
+4|
+8|Skilled Disciple

13th|
+9|
+8|
+4|
+8| Enhanced Bindings III

14th|
+10|
+9|
+4|
+9|Mettle

15th|
+11|
+9|
+5|
+9| Weapons of the Bound

16th|
+12|
+10|
+5|
+10|

17th|
+12|
+10|
+5|
+10| Martial Profectionist

18th|
+13|
+11|
+6|
+11|

19th|
+14|
+11|
+6|
+11|

20th|
+15|
+12|
+6|
+12|Ultima [/table]

{table=head] Level | Maneuvers Known | Maneuvers Readied | Stances Known
1 | 4 | 4 | 1
2 | 5 | 4 | 1
3 | 6 | 5 | 1
4 | 6 | 5 | 1
5 | 7 | 5 | 2
6 | 8 | 6 | 2
7 | 9 | 6 | 2
8 | 9 | 6 | 2
9 | 10 | 7 | 2
10 | 11 |7 | 3
11 | 12 | 7 | 3
12 | 12 | 8 | 3
13 | 13 | 8 | 3
14 | 14 | 8 | 3
15 | 15 | 9 | 4
16 | 15 | 9 | 4
17 | 16 | 9 | 4
18 | 17 | 10 | 4
19 | 18 | 10 | 4
20 | 19 | 10 | 5
[/table]

Weapon Proficiencies: A Spellbound has proficiency with all Simple and Martial weapons, and with light armor. You are not proficient with shields of any kind.

Maneuvers: You begin your career with knowledge of four martial maneuvers. You have access to any four disciplines of your choice, however, once the disciplines have been chosen, you cannot change your choices.
Once you know a maneuver, you must ready it before you can use it (see Maneuvers Readied, below). A maneuver usable by Bound Disciples is considered an extraordinary ability unless otherwise noted in its description. Your maneuvers are not affected by spell resistance, and you do not provoke attacks of opportunity when you initiate one.
You learn additional maneuvers at higher levels, as shown on the table below. You must meet a maneuver's prerequisite to learn it. See Table 3—1, page 39, to determine the highest-level maneuvers you can learn.
Upon reaching 4th level, and at every even-numbered Bound Disciple level after that (6th, 8th, 10th, and so on), you can choose to learn a new maneuver in place of one you already know. In effect, you lose the old maneuver in exchange for the new one. You can choose a new maneuver of any level you like, as long as you observe your restriction on the highest- level maneuvers you know; you need not replace the old maneuver with a maneuver of the same level. For example, upon reaching 10th level, you could trade in a single 1st-, 2nd-, 3rd- or 4th-level maneuver for a maneuver of 5th level or lower, as long as you meet the prerequisite of the new maneuver. You can swap only a single maneuver at any given level.

Maneuvers Readied: You can ready all of your maneuvers known at 1st level, and as you advance in level and learn more maneuvers, you are able to ready more, but you must still choose which maneuvers to ready. You ready your maneuvers by meditating and exercising for 5 minutes. The maneuvers you choose remain readied until you decide to meditate again and change them. You need not sleep or rest for any long period of time to ready your maneuvers; any time you spend 5 minutes in meditation, you can change your readied maneuvers.
You begin an encounter with all your readied maneuvers unexpended (except a bound maneuver, see the Bind Discipline class feature below), regardless of how many times you might have already used them since you chose them. When you initiate a maneuver, you expend it for the current encounter, so each of your readied maneuvers can be used once per encounter (unless you recover them, as described below).
You can recover an expended maneuver by using a move action to quickly meditate. Doing this does not provoke attacks of opportunity. You may still attack or perform other actions with your standard action, however, you may not initiate any maneuver the same round you recover maneuvers. If you complete your meditation, you can recover all of your maneuvers. It is now available for use in a subsequent round. In addition, if you have a discipline bound (see Bind Discipline class feature below), you may recover all maneuver from the discipline that is bound as a swift action. However, you still may not initiate any maneuvers in the same round you recover them.

Stances Known: You begin play with knowledge of one 1st-level stance from any discipline open to you. At 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th level, you can choose additional stances. Unlike maneuvers, stances are not expended, and you do not have to ready them. All the stances you know are available to you at all times, and you can change the stance you currently use as a swift action. A stance is an extraordinary ability unless otherwise stated in the stance description.
Unlike with maneuvers, you cannot learn a new stance at higher levels in place of one you already know.

Bind Discipline (Su):Bound Disciples are particularly attuned to the disciplines they have trained under, to the point where they can visibly manifest the Ki normally used for maneuvers from that discipline. As a standard action, chose any one maneuver you currently have readied and unexpended. You lose access to the maneuver, and cannot recover it until you end the bind as a free action. You use the Ki normally used for that maneuver to energies yourself, usually changing the appearance of one of the items you are currently wearing. This Ki helps you to focus in on the fighting style of the discipline, and grants you several benefits. You may chose any 2 effects of that discipline; you gain the benefits of these effects as long as you remain in the bind.

Battle Guidance: Starting at 2nd level, you can add your Charisma modifier as a bonus to Armor Class, so long as you wear light armor (or no armor), are unencumbered, and do not use a shield. This bonus to AC applies even against touch attacks or when you are flat-footed. However, you lose this bonus when you are immobilized or helpless.

Enhanced Bindings (Su): A Spellbound of at least 3rd level has learned to enhance the powers behind his maneuvers, granting himself even more power. His Initiator level increases by 1 whenever he has a discipline bound.
At level 8, your bind with the disciplines and their ideals increases even more. Treat yourself as being two levels higher for the purposes of your Discipline Bind.
By level 13, many mistake you as a master of the discipline, as your command over it is much greater than your peers. For any maneuver used of the same school as the one bound, increase the DC by 1.

Nimble-Bodied (Ex): Thanks to your ever-difficult training, you’ve learned to twist and turn your body in ways none would think possible. You gain a +4 competence bonus to Tumble, Jump, and Climb checks.

Spell Resistance (Su): A Discipline Bound is protected by the very ideals he embodies. For many, their own Ki starts to ward them from other mystic effects. Whenever a Discipline Bound is bound to a discipline, he gains SR equal to his class levels + 5. He may voluntarily lower his SR as a free action. If the Discipline Bound is has achieved level 11, then he instead gains SR equal to his class levels + 10.

Heard it All(Ex): By level 7, you’ve developed a keen eye with maneuvers. You gain a +4 bonus to Martial Lore checks.

Dual-Focus: You have finally done it. You can finally focus on two disciplines at once. However, such a split does have it’s price. When binding a second discipline, you must sacrifice an additional maneuver, which as the first, may not be recovered as long as the bind is held. In addition, you only gain one effect from this bind, as it is difficult to hold both binds with their Ki’s clashing.

Skilled Disciple(Ex): The ki from you bind enhances your body, allowing you to perform what would take years of training to do! Of course, this is only if you’ve bound the right discipline. You gain a competence bonus equal to ½ of your Initiator level on skill checks involving the Discipline Skill of any discipline bound.

Mettle (Ex): You can resist magical attacks with greater effectiveness than other warriors. Beginning at 14th level, by drawing on your boundless energy and dedication to your cause, you can shrug off effects that would hinder even the toughest warrior. If you succeed on a Fortitude or Will save against an attack that would normally produce a lesser effect on a successful save (such as a spell with a saving throw entry of Will half or Fortitude partial), you instead negate the effect. You do not gain the benefit of mettle when you are unconscious or sleeping.
Weapons of the Bound(Su): You very ki is deadly to the touch, why not add it to your weapon? Whenever you are in a discipline bind, and wielding the chosen discipline’s weapon, you deal additional damage equal to ½ of your Initiator level. You may only gain this benefit once per weapon.

Martial Perfectionist(Ex): You maneuvers are not the same as others. Enhanced by your Ki, they are much, much more. Whenever you execute a strike or boost, you may expend a readied and unexpended maneuver to enhance the maneuver. You may either:
1. Increase the damage done (if any) by 1d8 per level of the maneuver sacrificed or
2. Increase the save DC (if any) by the level of the maneuver sacrificed.
This effect does nothing if the maneuver does not deal damage nor has a save DC.

Ultima(Su): You are no longer a merely a practitioner of the arts. You are a master; a god amongst men. And for this, you have master the final secret of each discipline. You gain the Ultima effect of each discipline; however you may only benefit from one at a time. Switching between the Ultima of you bound disciplines is a swift action.

Bound abilities:

Note: Due to the fact that these abilities are all gained from the use of Ki, all abilities and effects granted are considered supernatural abilities, and are thus not usable in an Anti-Magic field. However, this does not end the bind, it is only suppressed as long as you remain in the area. All save DC’s are calculated by 10 + ½ Initiator level + Charisma modifier.
Original Disciplines (Book of Nine Swords)

Desert Wind

Item: Any footwear you are wearing becomes surrounded by flames, and leaves behind burnt footprints. These flames, however, do not burn you.
Effects:
-Dessert Skirmisher: By merely moving, you generate enough heat to scorch foes. Whenever you move within 5ft of a foe, that foe takes fire damage equal to 1d6 per four class levels. Foes are entitled to a reflex save for half.
-Spring Attack: Disciplines of the Desert Wind know how to hit and run. You gain the benefits of the Spring Attack feat. If you possess 10 or more levels in the Bound Disciple ACF, you also gain the benefits of the Bounding Assault feat. You also gain a bonus to tumble checks equal to your Charisma modifier.
-Weapon of the Desert: With but a twist of the wrist, you are able to send flames down your weapon, and burn your enemies to a crisp. Half of the damage caused by any weapon wielded by you is converted into fire damage. Furthermore, any fire damage done with a weapon under this effect (including maneuvers used with the weapon) ignores half of any energy resistance a foe possesses, and deal half damage if the foe is immune to fire damage.
-Retaliation in Flames: You should never play with fire, or you’ll get hurt. Any time a foe hits you and is within your reach, you counter attack, dealing fire damage equal to your Charisma modifier.
-Desert Storm: You’ve learned to rage across the battlefield, just like the sandstorms from the desert. Activating this ability is a free action once per encounter. While you are in this state, you gain the following benefits. A bonus to your Dexterity equal to 1 plus 1 per 3 class levels, +30ft enhancement to your land speed, and the ability to make an additional attack with your melee weapon at your highest attack bonus whenever you make an attack with a melee weapon you are holding. However, you can only make one attack with this effect per round, and it does not gain any benefits of a maneuver if used with a standard action or full-round maneuver. This effect lasts for 3 plus your new Dexterity modifier rounds. Once this effect ends, you are fatigued for the remainder of the encounter or for 1 minute, whichever comes first.
-Ultima:You are no longer the simple hatchling you use to be. Your control over flames is now absolute, and none can resist their wrath. Whenver you deal fire damage, half of it become searing damage, and cannot be resisted by resistance or immunity to fire. Furthermore your flames never stop at a single foe. They search out targets, burning all before you to a crisp. Whenver you deal fire damage, you may chose any one target withing 30ft who is not affected by the original fire damage. As your flames consume your original target, a small part breaks off and rushes the selected foe, dealing fire damage equal to one-half of the fire damage dealt to the original target. The target may make a reflex save (DC = 10 + 1/2 class levels + Charisma modifier) for half damage.

Devoted Spirit:

Item: Any cape you are wearing becomes a royal, silken cape, whose exact colors and design are determined by the player and his alignment.
Effects:
-Bulkward Defender: Whenever you are attacked by a foe who is at least one step away from your alignment, you gain a bonus to AC equal to your Charisma modifier.
-Offensive Defender: Any time a foe is threated by you and attacks any ally except yourself, he provokes an attack of opportunity. You gain an additional attack of opportunity each round, as long as it is used in conjunction with this ability.
-Allies Aligned: You rally up your allies, inspiring them to do their best. All allies within 30ft who share at least on alignment component gain a morale bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to 1 plus ¼ of your class levels (rounded down).
-Judgement: You may now call upon the strength of your conviction to empower your attacks. Once every 5 rounds, you may smite a foe whose alignment is at least one step away from yours as part of an attack. This attack gains your Charisma modifier to your attack roll, and deals an additional amount of damage equal to your class levels.
-Healing Devotion: Whenever you hit a foe whose alignment is at least one step away from yours, you may heal yourself or any ally within 30ft 2hp or ½ of your Charisma modifier, whichever is greater.
-Ultima: Your unwavering devotion is you strength, and yet, it is also your shield, a shield that none can shatter. Once per encounter, as an immediate action when you are target by any effect, you may simply negate the effect through pure will. This does not protect any others who were targeted by the effect, however.

Diamond Mind:

Item: Your weapon seems to narrow out and become thinner, although this doesn’t affect its overall weight.
Effects:
-Skirmish: Even while moving, you keep your eyes focused on the foe. In fact, you use the momentum gained from the movement to pierce the enemy. Whenever you move 10ft or more in a single round, you attacks deal an additional 1d6 damage for the round. This is precision damage. This damage increases by 1d6 every 5 class levels past level 1. At character level 4, and every 5 class levels thereafter, you gain a +1 bonus to AC for any round you move 10ft or more.
-Focused Assault: Diamond Mind adepts know it’s best to take down foes one at a time. As a free action, you may designate one foe. You gain a insight bonus to attack rolls equal to 1 plus 1 per five class levels, and an insight bonus to damage rolls equal to your Charisma modifier. However, you suffer a penalty to AC vs all foes except the designated foe due to your lack of focus towards them; this penalty is equal to the bonus received to attack rolls.
-Footwork: Diamond Mind adepts are known for their unwavering focus in combat, and their ability to maneuver around to get to a foe. You gain a enhancement bonus to your land speed equal to 2 times your class level, rounded down to the nearest increment (minimum 5ft bonus), and do not provoke attack of opportunities due to movement.
-Focused Mind: It is nearly impossible to find a mind as sharp as a Diamond Mind practitioner. You gain a bonus to will saves equal to 1 plus 1 per 4 class levels. In addition, you gain double the previous bonus to concentration checks.
-Pin-Point Attacks: Your attacks always seem to land on opponent’s weak points. An opponent’s DR is halved, as well as their armor and natural armor bonuses, versus your attacks only.
-Ultima:

Iron Heart:

Item: If you are wearing a helm or any type of hat, it transforms into an iron helm that seems to curve around your face perfectly, and possesses a golden trim.
Effects:
-A Warrior’s Will:[b] A master of the Iron Heart is not easily put down. Whenever you take hp damage, you gain either DR or Energy Resistance equal to ½ of you character level. The DR/Energy Resistance gained by this only applies to damage of the same type as the type of damage dealt to you that activated this ability. You may chose not to change the type of DR/Energy Resistance gained from this when you are hit again. You may only have on instance of this effect up at a time. This effect lasts for 5 rounds.
-[b]Self-Healing: Those who practice the ways of the Iron Heart are unyielding. Whenever you are below half hp, you gain fast healing 1. This increases by 1 per 4 class levels, and does not function outside of combat. One requires the adrenaline rush from combat in order to fuel such healing.
-Weak Grip: The way of the Iron Heart is the way of the weapon; take away a warrior’s weapon, and he is nothing. Whenever you make an attempt to disarm a foe, you do not provoke attacks of opportunity. Furthermore, you gain a +1 bonus to disarm checks, increasing by 1 per 4 class levels.
-Assault of Iron: Foes yield under the force of the blows from an Iron Heart adept. Foes hit by your attacks are knocked slightly off balance, making it harder to defend. They suffer a -1 penalty to AC, increasing by 1 per 5 class levels, on any round that you hit a foe. This penalty lasts until the end of your next round.
-Combat Expert: There are numerous ways to use a weapon, all initiates of the Iron Heart discipline know this. You gain a Fighter Bonus Feat, as long as you meet all of the prerequisites of the feat. Furthermore, for the purposes of this feat only, treat your class levels as fighter levels for the purpose of feat prerequisites only. This effect may be chosen multiple times.
-Ultima:

Shadow Hand:

Item: A smooth, black mask forms over your face, only leaving opening for your eyes and nose.
-Hidden Assault: The way of the Shadow Hand is the way of the darkness. The darkness welcomes those who use the Shadow Hand discipline. You gain a competence bonus to Hide checks equal to ½ of your class levels. Furthermore, reduce the penalty to hide after attacking by 5.
-Sneak Attack: Why fight fair? That only leads to harm. You gain +1d6 Sneak attack, plus 1 addition dice per 4 class levels.
-Kick them While their Down: Whenever a foe is suffering a penalty due to a Shadow Hand maneuver used against them, the DC of all other maneuvers used against him is increased by 1 plus 1 per 4 class levels, and the damage of all maneuvers is increased by your Charisma modifier.
-Poisonous Shadows: A weapon might not be the only thing up an initiate of the Shadow Hand’s sleeves. Whenever you use a poison, you may add your Charisma modifier or ½ of your class levels (Rounded down, minimum 1) to the DC of the poison, using whichever is lower.
-As Light as a Shadow: Wielding a weapon is just natural for you. Whenever you are using a Shadow Hand weapon, you may replace your Strength with Dexterity for the purposes of attack and damage rolls with that weapon.

Setting Sun:

-Keep on Trippin’: You don’t like getting tossed around? Too bad. Whenever you throw an opponent, they are more venerable. Foes suffer a penalty equal to 1 plus 1 per 4 class levels to opposing rolls for tripping, bull rushing, disarming, and any other opposing roll that relies on Strength or Dexterity for 1 round.
-The Bigger They Are……: Bigger foes are harder to trip? Nonsense! Treat all foes as one size small for the purposes of tripping only.
-…. The Harder They Fall: What goes up, must come down. And it comes down Hard. Whenever you use a maneuver that trips and throws a foe, increase the throwing distance by your Charisma modifier times two feet, rounded down to the nearest 5ft increment. Furthermore, increase any damage done by throwing (including throwing them into objects) by one dice size.
-Denying Step: Setting Sun masters are master tacticians on the battlefield. Once per 5 rounds, whenever a foe misses you with an attack, you may take an immediate action to move 5ft.
-Armed and Unarmed: I have no weapons? You’re fooling yourself. You gain the benefits of the Improved Unarmed Strike feat, and you unarmed strike now deals 1d8 damage.

Tiger Claw:

-Two Weapons: It’s hard to fight with two weapons? Ha! Not for you. You gain the benefits of the Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, and Greater Two-Weapon Fighting feats as long as you meet the BAB requirements. You may ignore the Dexterity requirements of the feats.
-Deadly Flurry: Even after your attacks, the foe is still reeling. Whenever a foe is hit by at least two of your weapons in a single round, they start bleeding. Every round thereafter, they suffer one point of bleeding damage. This damage overcomes DR, and lasts until they receive a DC 15 Heal check or magical healing; Fast Healing nor Regeneration stop the bleeding (though they can heal the damage). This ability stacks with itself; however it can only be triggered once per round, and the maximum damage a foe can suffer from this in any one round is equal to your Charisma modifier.
-Pouncing Jump: Gotcha! Practitioners of the Tiger Claw are always on the move, continuously attacking and following foes. On any round where you jump at least 10ft, you may make one attack at your highest BAB as a free action. This can only be triggered once per round.
-Channel the Inner Animal: To master the Tiger Claw is to become the beast itself. You gain two primary claw attacks, each dealing normal damage for a creature of your size (Medium is 1d6) plus your strength modifier. If you possess at least 8 class levels, you also gain a bit attack as a secondary attack, dealing normal damage for a creature of your size (Medium is 1d8) plus one-half of your strength modifier damage.
-Ripping Grapple: You are like a beast, never letting go of the foe until the end. You do not provoke attacks of opportunity when making a grapple check. Furthermore, you suffer no penalties for attacking while in a grapple, and may use one-hand or light weapons freely while in a grapple.

White Raven:

-Lead the Attack: To fight besides a White Raven commander is to fight with a bright light at your side. Whenever you charge or attack a foe, your allies may double the bonuses for charging the same foe (but not the penalty), and deal an additional amount of damage equal to 1 plus 1 per 4 class levels.
-Martial aura: 1 minor, major at later levels
-Inspire courage mini bard
-
-

Stone Dragon:

-Ignoring DR, nat ac
-Bonuses when both you and foe touch ground
-
-
-

bindin garoth
2012-08-11, 06:06 PM
Alright! Everything is finally up! Ready for PEACHES :smallbiggrin:

fye121
2012-08-11, 08:46 PM
I like the spellbinding you have made.I want to play a specialist Of enchantment with this class. for Now i'm not the best person for peach but i can tell i like what i have read.

God Imperror
2012-08-12, 01:57 PM
Okay some peaching, bear it with me as I lack practice. My comments would be first impressions, as I start reading it now :smallsmile:

THE SPELLBOUND

Changelog:

V1.0 8/11/2012
-Class is up!

V1.1 8/11/2012
-Clarified some wording
-Changed the Double Binds of Enchantment and Illusion. Now, you can still bypass the normal immunities, however they enjoy a bonus to their save.
-Double the wait for Luck Foresight

1. Introduction
2. Spellbound: A unique casting class
3. ACFs: Other masters of the arts
4. Feats for the masters of the binds

"May you hold on your spells forever." Nix, master Spellbound

This is a project I'm working one, having worked on this on and off for months now. The inspiration came from a manga, although it took a while for the idea to actually take off in my head. Originally, the class was much more complex, breaking down spells into the different subtypes, such as summoning and fire. However, between time constrains and having to go through all of the types, I ended up dropping it to just the different schools to keep my sanity.

What am I saying, none of us who play d&d are sane.....

And eventually, I was able to finish this class! Right now, only the basics are up. I hope to eventually write the fluff up for this class, but I also have several ACF's in mind, such as a dual-progression with Soul Binding, switching over to maneuvers, powers or even Formula. (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?board=64.0) In addition, I plan on writing feats to make multiclassing easier, although that probably won't come until much later.

However, as always, comments and critiques are most certainly welcome, and feedback from playtesting is even more welcome. Right now, I'm currently debating between Spells Known and just making a spell list where they know all of their spells, thoughts on this are greatly appreciated!

Great to see that you have plans for the class!

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/335/4/5/magic_warrior_by_candra-d3406hg.jpg

That is truly light armor. :smallwink:

Class Skills
The Swiftblade's class skills

:smalltongue:

(and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Knowledge (the planes) (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha)

Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Diplomacy, Intimidate, Sleight of hand but not bluff?

It has a really wide list for only 4 skill points, unless it is Int based. It has somehow a list similar to a bard, solving some of the bard problems (as lack of spot)

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special| 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2| Spellcasting, Armored Caster(Light), Spell Bind, Mystic Caster | 3 | 2 | - | - | - | - | -

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3| Burst | 4 | 3 | - | - | - | - | -

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+1|
+3|Enhanced Bindings I | 4 | 3 | 1 | - | - | - | -

4th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4| Mystic Eyes | 5 | 4 | 1 | - | - | - | -

5th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|Spell Resistance I, Combine Assault 1/Day | 5 | 4 | 2 | - | - | - | -

6th|
+4|
+5|
+2|
+5| Spell Bind II | 6 | 5 | 2 | 1 | - | - | -

7th|
+5|
+5|
+2|
+5| Armored Caster(Medium) | 6 | 5 | 3 | 1 | - | - | -

8th|
+6|
+6|
+2|
+6|Enhanced Bindings II | 6 | 6 | 3 | 2 | - | - | -

9th|
+6|
+6|
+3|
+6| Mettle | 6 | 6 | 4 | 2 | 1 | - | -

10th|
+7|
+7|
+3|
+7| Combine Assault 2/Day | 6 | 6 | 4 | 3 | 1 | - | -
11th|
+8|
+7|
+3|
+7|Spell Resistance II | 6 | 6 | 5 | 3 | 2 | - | -

12th|
+9|
+8|
+4|
+8|Counter Bind | 6 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 2 | 1 | -

13th|
+9|
+8|
+4|
+8|Enhanced Bindings III | 6 | 6 | 6 | 4 | 3 | 1 | -

14th|
+10|
+9|
+4|
+9|Spell Bind III | 6 | 6 | 6 | 5 | 3 | 2 | -

15th|
+11|
+9|
+5|
+9| Combine Assault 3/Day | 6 | 6 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 2 | 1

16th|
+12|
+10|
+5|
+10|Counter Burst | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 4 | 3 | 1

17th|
+12|
+10|
+5|
+10| Eyes of the Archmage | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 5 | 3 | 2

18th|
+13|
+11|
+6|
+11| Magic-Fortified Body | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 2

19th|
+14|
+11|
+6|
+11| Repressing Spell | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 4 | 3

20th|
+15|
+12|
+6|
+12|Magic Conversion, Combine Assault 4/Day | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 5 | 3 [/table]

No dead levels is always a good thing.

Weapon Proficiencies: A Spellbound has proficiency with all Simple and Martial weapons, and with light armor. A Spellbound is not proficient with any shields.

Good skill list, good fort save and good will save, with martial proficiency, and 3/4 bab. Interesting, its base is better than a bard (who has less proficiencies and REF instead of FORT)

Spells: A Spellbound casts arcane spells, which are drawn from the
sorcerer/wizard spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. To learn or cast a spell, a Spellbound must have a mental ability score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Spellbound’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the Spellbound mental ability modifier.

Like other spellcasters, a Spellbound can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on the table above. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high mental ability score. The Spellbound selection of spells is limited. A Spellbound begins play knowing 3 0-level spells, and 2 level 1 spells of his choice. At most new Spellbound levels, he gains one or more new spells, as indicated below.

A Spellbound can learn any sorcerer/wizard spell. Upon reaching 8th level, and at every three class levels afterwards, a Spellbound can choose to learn a new spell in place of one he already knows. The new spell’s level must be the same as that of the spell being exchanged. A Spellbound may swap only a single spell at any given moment, and must choose whether or not to swap the spell at the same time that he gains new spells known for the specified level. (1st-6th level spells, spells per day should be similar to a bard)

By mental... do you mean that an spellbound can pick any mental score that he wants? WIS, INT or CHA? I'll probably use either INT or CHA, an arcane spellcaster tied to WIS can be a good way to encourage theurges.

Spells Known:

{table=head] Level | 0 | 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th
1st | 3| 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0
2nd | 4| 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0
3rd | 4| 3 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0
4th | 5| 4 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0
5th | 5| 4 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0
6th | 6| 5 | 4 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0
7th | 6| 5 | 4 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0
8th | 7| 6 | 5 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0
9th | 7| 6 | 5 | 4 | 2 | 0 | 0
10th | 7| 6 | 6 | 4 | 3 | 0 | 0
11th | 7| 6 | 6 | 5 | 3 | 0 | 0
12th | 7| 6 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 2 | 0
13th | 7| 6 | 6 | 6 | 4 | 3 | 0
14th | 7| 6 | 6 | 6 | 5 | 3 | 0
15th | 7| 6 | 6 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 2
16th | 7| 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 4 | 3
17th | 7| 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 5 | 3
18th | 7| 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 5 | 4
19th | 7| 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 4
20th | 7| 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 5
[/table]

More spells than a bard and from a much bigger list, he also gets spells faster than a sorcerer. For spells known he gets spells pretty fast.

Mystic Caster (Ex): A Spellbound, unlike other casters, is not limited to just one part of the mind. At level 1, a Spellbound must choose between his Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma modifiers. This stat is used for casting spells, along with other abilities, and will be referred to as mental stat modifier from here on out. Furthermore, once this choice is made, it cannot be changed.

It was refered to mental stat earlier, maybe you want to change it.

Spell Bind (Su): A Spellbound is a student of the arcane, but in a more unique way than most. He has learned to take the energies in a spell and bind them to himself, granting himself some of it’s power! At level 1, whenever the Spellbound casts a spell, he may spend a swift action to bind the spell to himself, granting him the benefits as described below. The spell bind remains until he regains his spells or he dismisses the effect as a free action (or uses the bind’s burst ability, as described below). He still losses the spell slot used to cast the spell. He may either bind it as an arcane spell or as a spell of it’s school, gaining the benefits described before.

Hurray class features, this seems interesting will read on binds later. Does binding the spell "waste" the spell? What does "before" in the last sentence mean?

At level 6, you knowledge of spell bindings has increased. You may now bind two spells at once, gaining both of their benefits. Furthermore, you may now gain access to the Double Bind abilities. Whenever you bind two spells of the same school, you may sacrifice one of the normal effects you would gain access to (Meaning you gain access to 3 total effects instead of 4), instead gaining the effects of the double bind.

At level 14, you are near your maximum potential. You main now bind three spells at once. However, this is straining on your body. Whenever you bind a third spell, it only lasts for a number of rounds equal to it’s spell level. Should the number of spells you have bound be reduced during this time period, it is instead treated as a normal spell bind.

I still wonder what happens with the spells.

Armored Caster (Ex): A Spellbounds spells are simpler to cast then a Wizard’s spells, and can be cast while in light armor. A Spellbound casting any spell gained from this class may ignore the Spell Chance Failure of light armor while casting the spell.

Good gish feature :smallsmile:

At 7th level, you are able to wear medium armors without incurring Spell Chance Failure.

The picture was from an spellbound of less than level 7 then. Is this feature really necessary though? With the class skill list it seems like a more social character, maybe light armor is enough.

Burst (Su): A Spellbound who as achieved 2nd level has learned to build up magical pressure from the bound spell, and to release it in a burst attack against one foe. You gain the ability to perform a bound spell’s burst ability as a standard action (normally), which causes you to lose the spell bound.

Panick button?

Enhanced Bindings (Su): A Spellbound of at least 3rd level has learned to enhance the powers behind the spell, granting himself even more power. His caster level increases by 1 whenever he has a spell bound.

At level 8, your powers grow even more. Choose one of your spells bound. Treat it as if the spell bound was 1 level higher for the purposes of it’s abilities. You may change the spell bound you selected as a full-round action.

At level 13, your powers are at their peak. Whenever you have a specific school bound to you, all spells you cast from that school have their DC’s (if any) increased by 1.

Binding spells is a good idea then, though it is sad that this stops progressing at 13th

Mystic Eyes (Su): Due to the nature of your spell binds, your sight changes at level 4. You are able to cast the detect magic spell at will.

... as a supernatural ability with a caster level equal to your class level, perhaps. Or a continuous effect.

Spell Resistance (Su): A Spellbound of at least level 5 has become infused with magics from his spell binds, to the point where spells cast at him get caught up and absorbed by the magics within him. Whenever the Spellbound has at least 1 spell bound to himself, he gains SR equal to his class levels + 5. If the Spell Bound is has achieved level 11, then he instead gains SR equal to his class levels + 10.

Can he voluntarily lower this SR?

Combine Assault (Su): Once per day, you may perform one of the following as a full-round action. At 10th level, and every 5 levels thereafter, you gain another daily use of this ability:
-If you have more than one spell bound, you may use the burst abilities of both. You lose the benefits of both spells bound, as normal for using a burst ability.

I thought that you could bind up to three spells, what would happen to the third spell if you decided to use this ability?

-You may use the burst ability of one spell bound and bind another spell in the same action. You still sacrifice a spell slot, as normal for binding a spell.

So you sacrifice spell slots to bind spells I suppose that the spell is "wasted" then, great.

-You may bind two spells in the same action, if you can bind more than one spell.

Mettle (Ex): You can resist magical attacks with greater effectiveness than other warriors. Beginning at 13th level, by drawing on your boundless energy and dedication to your cause, you can shrug off effects that would hinder even the toughest warrior. If you succeed on a Fortitude or Will save against an attack that would normally produce a lesser effect on a successful save (such as a spell with a saving throw entry of Will half or Fortitude partial), you instead negate the effect. You do not gain the benefit of mettle when you are unconscious or sleeping.

Counter Bind(Su): A Spellbound, at level 12, has learned to take the spells cast at them to power up. Whenever a spell fails to overcome a Spellbound’s Spell Resistance, the Spellbound may spend an Immediate Action to bind the spell. If he already has his maximum number of spells bound, he must dismiss one of them as a free action.

Nice class feature :smallsmile:

Counter Burst(Su): At level 16 the Spellbound has learned bind a spell and release one already bound at the same time. Whenever a Spellbound uses their Counter Bind ability, they may use the Burst ability of one of their spell’s already bound (or the spell that was just cast at them) in the same action.

Can he use this ability if he has the maximum number of spells bound?

Eyes of the Archmage (Su): Your eyesight has improved yet again at level 17, due to the spell binds. You are now able to cast the arcane sight spell at will.

As before, if it is a supernatural ability it should be a supernatural ability (or make it continuous). What would happen if he were to bind arcane sight all the time and burst it continuously? Since he can as written cast the spell at will.

Magic-Fortified Body (Su): By level 18, your experiments with binding spells have altered your body. A number of times per day equal to your mental ability modifier, you may reroll a save vs arcane spells and spell-like abilities as an immediate action. You may only make a reroll before you know whether you succeeded the save or not, and must take the second roll, even if it is worse than the first one.

Why not make the enemy reroll its SR roll? That way it feeds one of your class abilities and the opponent can use tactics to bypass it.

Spell Repression (Su): Once per day, as an immediate action, you may suppress a spell which targets you. The spell is negated, as if it had failed to overcome your spell resistance, even if it doesn't normally allow for spell resistance. Furthermore, you may bind the spell as a free action, as if you had used you Counter Bind ability.

I was suggesting something similar to that above :smalltongue: So I like this.

Magic Conversion Su): By level 20, the Spellbound has mastered his art. He can now temporarily push his spell binds past there limit. Once per day, as a swift action, you can sacrifice a spell slot to fuel one of your spell binds. Choose one of your spell binds, its level increases by the level of the spell slot for 1d4+1 rounds. After this is over, you are fatigued for the rest of the encounter.

1/day capstone :smallfrown: Nothing really new :smallfrown: It is probably strong but not really awesome.

Some final thoughts.
-I would lower the spell known and its progression to that of a bard.
-I would up the skill points to 6 (it has a good skill list) and consider reviewing the skill list to see what skills fit thematically. Also, due to their really huge list of spells do they need Use Magic Device?
-The mental stat is used only on spell casting and to reroll saves against spells, even if it is a nice feature being able to choose you might want to fix it, I advocate for charisma maybe have ACF for switching it.

bindin garoth
2012-08-12, 05:32 PM
Okay some peaching, bear it with me as I lack practice. My comments would be first impressions, as I start reading it now :smallsmile:

No problems! I appreciate any feedback at all! I should have the soul binding ACF up in a few days.

Also, as another note, I'm aiming for a versatile tier 3 class. The main thing limiting this class should be spell slots, forcing them to be careful of their spell binds and spells cast.

Great to see that you have plans for the class!

Of course! I've put a lot of effort in this class, I want to make it worthwhile to use, and easy to use with other classes! I already have plans to write feats for the spell binds themselves and for several ACF's.

That is truly light armor. :smallwink:

Truly, light armor is the best armor! :smallbiggrin:

Diplomacy, Intimidate, Sleight of hand but not bluff?

It has a really wide list for only 4 skill points, unless it is Int based. It has somehow a list similar to a bard, solving some of the bard problems (as lack of spot).

Hmmmm..... I'll take a point between this and the suggestions towards the end, and make it 6+int. My goal was to make this a very versatile class, so this would be helpful.

No dead levels is always a good thing.

Ye shall never have dead levels :smalltongue:

Good skill list, good fort save and good will save, with martial proficiency, and 3/4 bab. Interesting, its base is better than a bard (who has less proficiencies and REF instead of FORT)

True........ Hmmmm...... I'll have to think about these points for a little bit.

By mental... do you mean that an spellbound can pick any mental score that he wants? WIS, INT or CHA? I'll probably use either INT or CHA, an arcane spellcaster tied to WIS can be a good way to encourage theurges.

I've now had several people comment about this. Originally I had got the idea from Some (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211806) of (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189564) unosorta's homebrew. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10461008) But I'll change this to a Charisma based spellcaster.

More spells than a bard and from a much bigger list, he also gets spells faster than a sorcerer. For spells known he gets spells pretty fast.

The only reason I did this was for the spell binding feature. Because the spell binds require a spell of a different school, I wanted to make sure they get enough spells known to take advantage of the different binds. If you have another idea for this I'm all open for this.

It was refered to mental stat earlier, maybe you want to change it.

I will be changing all of the mental stat references to Charisma soon, so no need to worry about this. :smalltongue:

Hurray class features, this seems interesting will read on binds later. Does binding the spell "waste" the spell? What does "before" in the last sentence mean?

The spell slot is wasted. I will clarify upon this. And I'll change the before to below. Opps :smallredface:

Good gish feature :smallsmile:

The picture was from an spellbound of less than level 7 then. Is this feature really necessary though? With the class skill list it seems like a more social character, maybe light armor is enough.

Good point. Will change. Any suggestions for changing this feature so I don't have a dead level. Maybe able to cast Prestidigitation at will?

Panick button?

Pretty much. Some are able to be used as an immediate action to help one defend himself/herself, and others are to allow one to attack with some extra power/effect.

Binding spells is a good idea then, though it is sad that this stops progressing at 13th

Hmmm...... I'll see if I can add some extra levels for this ability.

... as a supernatural ability with a caster level equal to your class level, perhaps. Or a continuous effect.

Will add. And I'll add a clause that prevents people from using this spell and the arcane sight spell gained later

Can he voluntarily lower this SR?

Good point, I'll add a clause for this.

[/quote]
I thought that you could bind up to three spells, what would happen to the third spell if you decided to use this ability?
[/quote]

Nice class feature :smallsmile:

Thanks!

Can he use this ability if he has the maximum number of spells bound?

Yup! Actually that was the whole point, if you have the maximum number of spells bound, rather than waste the Counter Bind ability, you may sacrifice the spell cast at you for it's bind ability, or sacrifice a spell already bound so you can replace it with the spell that was cast at you.

As before, if it is a supernatural ability it should be a supernatural ability (or make it continuous). What would happen if he were to bind arcane sight all the time and burst it continuously? Since he can as written cast the spell at will.

As stated with detect magic, I'm going to write a clause in the spell binding section stating that a spell bound must come from a spell slot.

Why not make the enemy reroll its SR roll? That way it feeds one of your class abilities and the opponent can use tactics to bypass it.

Because of the ability you like below :smalltongue: Although I'm all ears to changing this ability.

I was suggesting something similar to that above :smalltongue: So I like this.

Good! Glad you like it!

1/day capstone :smallfrown: Nothing really new :smallfrown: It is probably strong but not really awesome.

Hmmm...... True. The Capstone should always be an ability to look forward to........ Any suggestions?

Some final thoughts.
-I would lower the spell known and its progression to that of a bard.
-I would up the skill points to 6 (it has a good skill list) and consider reviewing the skill list to see what skills fit thematically. Also, due to their really huge list of spells do they need Use Magic Device?
-The mental stat is used only on spell casting and to reroll saves against spells, even if it is a nice feature being able to choose you might want to fix it, I advocate for charisma maybe have ACF for switching it.

I'll take out UMD, that's a good point.

Also, if you don't mind I'd love it if you took a look at the binds whenever you have a moment.

God Imperror
2012-08-12, 05:58 PM
And now lets review spell binds

Spell Binds:

Note: All save DC’s are (10+ [spell level] + Mental Stat Modifier). Also, all [spell level] references refer to the level of the spell bound that grants you the effect. Furthermore, all abilities granted from these binds are considered spell-like abilities, due to their nature.

I am seriously believing that I missed it but... where... is the line saying what happens to a spell when you bind it?

Arcane:

Chose 2 of the following:

•+[spell level] Insight to all damage rolls (but not to ability damage scores)
•+(1+1/2 [spell level]) to AC as a deflection bonus
•+ [spell level] Resistance to one save
•+ [spell level] Competence to 2 skills

Wow... that is really strong. Maybe not :smalltongue: I was surprised though, why chose two? Why not make "chose two" a class feature (later) or feat?

Can you chose twice the same one?

On the other hand heighten shenanigans are attractive :smallbiggrin:

Double Bind: All effects from above are now multiplied by 1.5 (rounded up). In addition, the caster level of all spells you cast are increased by 1/2 [spell level]

Arcane is like the general bind, isn't it? One question though can you pick two more abilities from above?

Burst: Unleashed Arcane: You unleash a blast of raw Arcane energy, devastating one foe. This deals 2d6 arcane damage per [spell level] as a ranged touch attack.

At level one you are taking more juice of it than from most of your damaging spells, maybe 1d6 would be more adequate :smallsmile: (it is supposed that it was giving you a bonus before, so you are taking a lot of juice from the spell). You should clarify the range 10 feet per [spell level] sounds right?

Schools:

Abjuration:

•Abjurant Protection(Su):+ [2+spell level] to AC as an armor bonus. This bonus overrides any armor you may be wearing (if any at all).

If it is an armor it doesn't stack with worn armor, you use the better of the two values though.

•Resistance(Su):2 x [spell level] as energy resistance to any one type, chosen at time of binding

Nice :smallsmile:

•Swift Abjurations(Su):You may cast any Abjuration spell as a swift action whose [spell level] is no greater than ([spell level] of spell bound / 3)

Not necessarily any spell granted by the Spell bound class, correct? :smallsmile: Great possibilities with master spell thief then.

•Warding Arcanes (Su): As a standard action, you may create wards to protect yourself from foes. Chose a number of 5ft cubes equal to 2 x [spell level]. All of them are warded with one of the following effects. If the [spell level] is at least level 5, you may chose an additional effect, and for every 3 [spell levels] you possess afterward, you may add another effect. You may only have one use of this effect at a time; if this ability is used again while the previous one is in effect the old wards disappear. In addition, while creating these wards, you may designate a number of people equal to [spell level], these people are unaffected by the wards. These wards last for a number of rounds equal to the [spell level], although they can be dismissed any time as a free action.

-Energy: Anyone stepping through this ward takes [spell level] d3 damage of an energy type designated. This can be selected more than once, each time a different energy type must be selected. The energy types available are: fire, cold, electricity, acid.

-Forcing: Anyone stepping through this ward must make a fort save or be stopped in their movement and be pushed back 5ft in the directing they came from. You may select this ability more than once, the push back distance is increased to 10ft and the fort save DC is increased by +2.

-Anti-Magic: Those who step through the ward are automatically targeted by a variation of the Dispel Magic spell. This acts as the targeted version of the Dispel Magic spell, except as follows. Only the highest level spell is targeted, or in the event of a tie, it is chosen at random. If the target has no spells active on him, it instead targets a magic item. Unlike normal, there is no limit to the caster level bonus to the dispel check. If it is successful versus a magic item, it is suppressed for 1d4 rounds.

-Wall: This ward acts as a wall, exactly like the Wall of Force spell, except as follows. It only lasts for a number of rounds as stated above. In addition, no other abilities may be combine with this effect.

A rather complicated ability. Interesting though I think this should be a burst, with a limited duration rather than a bind. I would probably limit it to the "Wall" ability though, as is the more frontlined

•Cushioning Magics(Su):DR/- equal to the [spell level]

That is certainly strong, but DR/magic that seems fitting is not worth it.

Double Bind: All numeric effects from any of the above abilities multiplied by 1.5 (rounded down) (Swift Abjurations is not affected by this effect). Furthermore, your spell resistance increases by [spell level] amount.

You can get a significant DR with this.

Burst: Repelling Burst: You unleash a burst of magical energies as an immediate action. All foes within 10ft take [spell level]d8, and must make a Fort save be pushed back 30ft. A successful save halves the damage and only results in being pushed back 10ft.

Make the wall thingie a burst! It is more interesting than raw damage

Conjuration:

•Mystic Blade (Su): As a standard action, you may conjure up any weapon with which you are proficient with. It gains an enhancement bonus equal to the 1+[spell level]. If the weapon requires ammo, ammo is automatically generated when you attack, and disappears after one round of leaving your hands. This weapon disappears as soon as it leaves your hands.

A free +2 weapon at level 1? Isn't that strong? It is a nice concept though it is OP with a 9th level spell you can get a weapon with a 10 enhancement bonus if it is multiplied by 1.5 with a double bind and the capstone works as I believe it does you get a humongous enhancement bonus.

You might want to look at Call weaponry (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/callWeaponry.htm) for reference.

•Conjured Object(Su): As a standard action, you can create any object whose value does not exceed [spell level]gp. However, the object is not perfect, and disappears in [spell level] rounds. In addition, it can easily be seen as a copy of an object, and cannot be sold. When conjured, the object appears in your hands (or at your feet if it cannot be carried at the time).

It is a bit unreliable if it doesn't have a "long" duration (as "long" as you hold it like the weapon) you might want to check Call item (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040827e). While you are at it check call armor it could also be an interesting power (btw mage armor is a conjuration spell)

•Defensive Conjuration(Su): As an immediate action, you can conjure forth a barrier between you and a foe, giving you total concealment against that foe (and only that foe) for one round. This can only be invoked every 1d4 rounds.

To follow the theme of conjuring objects why don't you conjure a cloak on your shoulders that you can use to gain the concealment.

•Fused Conjuration(Su): When you bind the spell to yourself, chose any one monster that could be summoned by a Summon Monster Y or a Natures Ally Y, where Y is no bigger than the [spell level] of the spell bound to you. Now chose one extraordinary, spell-like, or supernatural ability the monster possesses. You gain access to that ability for the duration of the bind, along with any restrictions it may have (such as can only use x times a day). This ability may be selected multiple times.

I would limit it to monsters that you know how to summon, so you need to learn summoning spells to use it limiting it to monsters below 6 level. Natures ally doesn't make a lot of sense. As this is a really strong ability you might want to delete it, maybe make it available as a feat or something for those who specialize.

•Weapon Snake(Su): As a standard action you may call forth a flurry of weapons anywhere within 30ft. This appears as a “snake” of weapons, taking up a 5ft cube per 2 [spell levels] (rounded up). On this turn, and every turn thereafter, you may move this “snake” 30ft on the ground or in the air as a swift action. However, all 5ft cubes must always be within 5ft of another cube. Whenever it moves into a square with a foe, it deals [spell level] x 2 damage in slashing, bludgeoning, and piercing damage. A successful reflex save halves the effect. In addition, any foe that fails the reflex save starts bleeding out from the wounds, taking 1 damage each round until they receive a DC15 Heal check or receive magical healing. Multiple instances of this effect stack.

Cool ability, though most abilities that move stuff take move actions, you might want to switch it to a move.

Double Bind: You gain 2 of the following effects:
•You may now choose 2 extraordinary, spell-like, or supernatural abilities when using the Fused Conjuration effect, as long as they are from the same monster. This only applies to one Fused Conjuration effect each time it is taken.

Do they need to be from the same creature? They probably should. Also clarify that spell casting is not eligible.

•Your Mystic Blade’s enhancement bonus is increased by 4.

As pointed above too strong maybe allow you to trade half the enhancement bonus (rounded down) for equivalent abilities? So you can get a +1 keen rapier or similar.

•Your Defensive Conjuration’s cooldown is decreased by 1 round.

Cool

•Your Weapon Snakes damage is increased by Mental Stat Modifier amount, and the bleeding damage is increased by +2 points per attack. This can be selected more than once, each time increasing the damage by Mental Stat Modifier amount, and the bleeding damage by +2.

I wouldn't increase the bleeding, bleeding normally does 1 damage. If you took the idea of using a move instead of a swift you can use a swift now.

Burst: Conjured Assault(Su): You call forth a myriad of weapons and launch them at your foes. Choose a 15ft cube for this effect, the weapons rain down on all within that area, dealing [spell level]d8’s on all within the effect. This effect leaves any ground within the area damaged, creating difficult terrain on all of the ground. A reflex save is allowed for half. In addition, the weapons pierce and batter the enemies within, causing all who fail their reflex saves to take a -2d4 penalty to all attack rolls and a -1d4 x 5ft to all speeds. These penalties last for 5 rounds or until they are healed of all damage taken from this effect.

The area is big and the secondary effects are strong maybe reduce the initial damage for 1d6 and consider that as the penalty doesn't scale it can be a killer at low levels I would forego the penalty to attack rolls the penalty to all movement speeds is still strong.

Divination:

Sign:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/205/b/e/Magic_eye_by_Grim_Reaper_669.jpg

What is a sign?

•Insight(Su):+ 1/3 [spell level] to AC (insight bonus), reflex saves, and initiative from your foresight capabilities.

The bonus is small so I don't think it is a problem affecting so many features.

•Warnings(Su): You receive visions of any dangers within the way. Any magical traps or foes that have any type of aura given off by them (including auras from magical items) within 30ft are automatically detected by you. This is a continuous effect, requiring no activation or checks from you.

:smalleek: Maybe give trapfinding and elfs automatic search? It renders moot your detect magic/ arcane sight.

•Show What You Know(Su): You have the ability to replay things you’ve seen for others. As a standard action, you may project your memories into any number of allies within 30ft. All allies see exactly what you saw, and may make appropriate skill checks to notice or gain information.

Use spell level to see how far can you actually remember. Something around 10 minutes per [spell level] seems worth it.

•Future of Demons(Su): As a standard action, you show a foe within 30ft a terrifying vision of the future and its death. The exact details are up to you, but regardless the foe must make a Will save or be shaken for 1 minute.

Shaken for 10 rounds? How does this fit divination? It is a REALLY strong ability as shaken can escalate rather easily specially since you seem to be able to use it every round. I would sincerely erase it or reduce it to a round. And use the spell level to set the range (as it is now you don't need to invest higher spell levels). This should be a [mind affecting] [fear] effect

•Hindsight(Su): By studying an area (max 100ft x 100ft area) for an hour, you are able to get brief visions of major events that have happened in the past within the area. By spending another hour in the area, focusing on it, you are able to get exact details on any one event that occurred within the area, up to an hours’ worth of events. While focusing on the area, you must not perform any heavy activities, such as combat and heavy lifting.

Maybe use the spell level to set the area and the time that you can go back, as it is it works the same way using a 0 level spell or a 9 level spell.

•Lucky Foresight(Su): You catch a glimpse of an immediate danger right before it happens. Once every 1d6 rounds, you may reroll any saving throw with a +2 bonus. You must accept this second reroll, even if it is worse.

Investing 0 level spells in divination seems legit how does it sound a [spell level] -2 bonus? If you invest a 1st level spell you still get a reroll and you can get nice bonuses.

Double Bind: You gain the Insight ability listed above. If you already have it, the bonuses are doubled. In addition you gain the ability listed below. In addition, you gain the ability to use the Scry spell as a spell-like ability at will. However, you must have a mirror, crystal ball, or other reflective surface to use this ability.

I would limit the scry use to 1 per hour.

Burst: Divination of the Heavens(Su): You look into the future and see the exact positioning of the opponents in the battle. Using this knowledge, you disperse your energies, allowing them to be ready for the right moment to strike. As a move action you lose the spell bound, but any time thereafter during the encounter, as a free action (immediate action if it is not your turn), you call the energies for just as you planned. This manifests in one of two ways:

-The energies surge forth to protect you, granting you a [spell level] deflection bonus to ac and resistance bonus to all saves for one attack or effect.
-The energies rush at a chosen foe within 30ft at the most opportune moment, dealing [spell level]d8 to the enemy.

Really cool burst. I don't really like that divination deals damage though :smallfrown: What do you think of allowing the energies to grant a bonus equal to [spell level] to a roll? Be it any roll, and you must use it in [spell level] rounds.

Evocation:
[spoiler]

•Elemental Assault(Su): Make a ranged touch attack against any one opponent. That opponent suffers (1/2 [spell level])d6. The damage can either be fire, cold, electricity, or acid, and using this is an attack action. If your BAB is high enough you may make multiple attacks with this ability as a full-round action (it cannot be dual-wielded however).

Nice ability it lacks a range 20 x [spell level]?

•Mystical Blasting(Su): Any spell, spell-like, or supernatural ability that you use that deals damage deals an additional amount of damage equal to your Mental Stat Modifier. Any abilities gained from this bind are excluded from this effect.

Why not evocation? It is all about damage.

•Burst(Su): You may create a burst of energy anywhere within 60ft. This burst deals [spell level]d6 + Mental Stat Modifier damage in a 20ft burst. The damage can either be fire, cold, electricity, or acid, chosen at the time of use. Using this is a standard action.

Not a lot of love for evocation :smallfrown: Elemental weapons! Dealing damage as elemental assault, Elemental shields surrounding you dealing damage as foes try to strike you. :smallsmile:

•Devastating Power(Su): Whenever you deal damage to a foe, the power of the attack damages the ground beneath him. If a foe suffers damage from an attack by you with any of the abilities granted from this bind or from an evocation spell cast by you, the ground beneath him and within 5ft of him (or all other terrain within the area of effect if it has an area of effect) becomes difficult terrain. In addition, the foe must make a Fortitude save or be pushed back 10ft away from you by the force of the attack.

What is this? :smalleek: Is this a burst from evocation? Is it an evocation bind? Why is it below the burst? If it is a bind it looks cool.

•Magic Mine(Su): You create small rapid moving orbs of destructive energy. As a standard action, chose a number of 5ft cubes equal to [spell level]. A small orb appears in each cube and moves rapidly back and forth. Any foe moving through such an area takes [spell level]d4 force damage, with a reflex save for half. In addition, those that fail the reflex save are stopped in their movement, and cannot move for the rest of their turn. These mines cannot be places on any square that is already occupied, and disappear whenever they hit a foe. In addition, these mines disappear in [spell level] rounds. Only one instance of this effect may be in place at a time, if this ability is used again while another one is in place, the old one disappears.

I will keep the different element options :smallsmile:

Double Bind: All damage done by any spell, spell-like, or supernatural ability from you is increased by 2x[spell level]. Furthermore, once every 1d4 rounds, in response to taking HP damage, you may use any ability granted by this spell bind as an immediate action.

Cool

Burst: Explosia(Su): You focus all of the energies from the spell into a tiny orb, and toss it at a foe, where a huge explosion is created. As a standard action, make a ranged touch attack against any one foe within 100ft. That foe, if hit, takes [spell level] arcane damage, and is then the center of a 30ft burst. All within this burst take [spell level]d10 + your mental ability modifier, with a reflex save for half. However, the opponent whom this effect is centered takes the full damage no matter what his save is, and instead makes a reflex save or is knocked prone. In addition all who fail their save are pushed back to the edges of this effect and knocked prone. Allies are not affect by this ability.

OH This is the burst... first of all change the name to the other burst. The one in the center takes [spell level]d10+mental+[spell level] a bit too strong I would reduce it to [spell level]d8+mental to everyone (not allowing a save to the one in the center)

Enchantment

•Peaceful Aura(Su): You create a tranquil aura around you. All foes within 50ft must make a will save or suffer a -1/2 [spell level] to all attack rolls. A successful save negates the effect for the encounter. However a failed save remains in place as long as they remain within the vicinity of the area, if they leave and re-enter, they get a new saving throw. This is a [mind-effect] ability.

It is [mind affecting]. It looks great though it affects a large area again I think [spell level] x10ft would be great. What happens with 1st level spells?

•Powerful Voice(Su): You may use the Command spell at will. In addition, if you are at least 11th level in the spellbound class, you also get the suggestion spell at will.

Think of the 1st level spell bounds getting command at will... I would delete it... or use it to grant a bonus to bluff, intimidate, diplomacy checks of [spell level] rather than this really powerful effect.

•Friendly Appearance(Su): You create an aura where you appear much friendlier and kind, and that aids you with any talking. You gain a [spell level] bonus to all diplomacy, bluff, and intimidate checks.

lol I really like this one.

•Fleeing Foes(Su): You create a sudden fear within foes. Target a 10ft burst within 30ft. All foes within that area must make a Will save or become shaken for the encounter. This is a [mind-effect] ability.

SHAKEN FOR THE ENCOUNTER? :smalleek: That is crazily broken. Fear escalates and with 3 uses of this ability you can make people panicked if you then use walls from conjuration well they are cowering and you just won the encounter consider it having a really close range [spell level] 5ft and make it last really short times [spell level] /2. Otherwise specify that it doesn't escalate (even if you do that reduce greatly the duration). Again it's [mind affecting], and it also should be [fear]

•Inspiring Presence(Su): An aura, center on you, creates feelings of confident and power within your allies. All of your allies deal an additional amount of damage equal to [spell level] on all of their melee and ranged attacks. This is a morale bonus.

allies within 10ft per [spell level]? "Allies" miles away are affected at the moment. Allies normally include yourself, unless not specified.

•Grand Foe: As a standard action, you may fill a foe will great confidence, causing him to be overly confident in himself. The foe takes a –[spell level] to AC and damage rolls. Furthermore, the foe cannot use the total defense action, and will not retreat from the battle until this effect ends. A will save halves the penalties, and the foe can retreat or use the total defense action.

5ft [spell level] range does seem allright, also I wouldn't give a penalty to damage rolls.

Double Bind: All enchantment spells and abilities gained from this spell bind lose their [mind-effect] status, and can now affect foes that are normally immune to such effects. However, foes with immunity to such effects enjoy a +6 to their saving throws against such effects. Furthermore, the save DC’s of all of the effects chosen above and spells from the Enchantment school are increased by 2.

You just became the best fear debuffer in existence. I would increase the DC it is a powerful effect but I wouldn't negate [mind affecting]

Burst: Controlling Enchantments: As a standard action, you may cast Dominate, as the spell, on any one target within 30ft. The DC is standard for the abilities gained from spells bound, and this lasts for [spell level] rounds.

Dominate is a 5th level spell, and you can use this ability at second level using 0 level spells. :smallfrown: I don't think it is a good idea. I think that something among the lines of:
Burst: Mesmerize
As an immediate action, you can Daze any creature within 5ft [spell level] for a round. A WILL save negates the effect but the target creature is considered flat footed until the start of your next turn.

Would be effective for several levels and not broken at level 1 (Daze is a really powerful condition). It also provides a line of defense to the enchanter, using it as a immediate action to stop enemies from drawing to close.

Illusion:

You gain 2 of the following. (note: All effects are treated as illusions, and as such can be seen past by True Seeing and the like):

•Illusionary Combat(Su): As a standard action you create a small illusionary spell over yourself to aid yourself in combat. Afterwards, you must spend a swift action each round thereafter to maintain the effect. Foes affected by this ability must make a will save to negate the ability. A success lasts for 1d4 rounds, during which an enemy is not affected by this ability. Each turn, select one of the following benefits (this is a [mind-effect] ability):
[mind affecting], illusions are not normally mind affecting, I would probably drop the [mind affecting] part. I would also drop the swift action to maintain and the Will save.

-Illusionary Attack: You illusion makes it seem as if you are attacking from a completely other direction, giving you 1/3 [spell level] to the attack roll. In addition, because they are trying to block or avoid in the wrong direction, they lose any shield and dodge bonuses they may have to their armor class for your attacks.

:smallconfused: I don't really think that they should lose dodge and shield bonuses why do they keep their dexterity bonus? Let them keep all the bonuses. Note that this ability can be changed every turn

-Illusionary Feint: You may feint as a free action in combat.

Rogues wet dream. So a rogue can take a level of this class cast a 0 level illusion spell into his spell bind and then feint as a free action for ever? Probably a BAD idea. Change it so you can feint as a move action and if you already can or later you gain the ability to you can feint as a swift action, otherwise it is TRULY strong (specially since it is available really early).

-Illusionary Defense: You appear to have no openings at all, giving you a ½ [spell level] circumstantial bonus to armor class.

I am thinking that I will have to compare the bonuses to AC later, but I would probably reduce this one 1/3 since you can switch from attack to the defense. Also the feint does make sense as a separate ability, maybe make it its own spell bind.

•Illusionary Assault(Su): You create an Illusion, reinforced by the shadows, as a standard action. Chose any foe within 30ft, they take [spell level]d4 + Mental Stat Modifier damage as the shadows damage them, and you may create any illusion within 5ft of the foe to make them think they have suffered this damage. The illusion may affect any and all senses. If the opponent makes a successful will save, however, the damage is halved and the opponent sees the shadows behind the illusion that damages them. If they fail this save, they remained trapped in the illusion, and get a new save each round to escape the illusion. Each round they fail this save they take [spell level] damage from the shadows. This is a [mind-effect] ability.

WOW that is strong. First 5ft [spell level] for [spell level]d4 damage would be more adequate. It is basically using a major image a 3rd level spell. Okay let's see...

•Illusionary Assault(Su): You create a figment, reinforced by shadows, as a standard action. Chose any foe within 5ft per [spell level], they take [spell level]d4 damage as their shadow attacks them. If the opponent makes a successful will save nothing else happens. If they fail this save, they kept believing in the reality of their shadow, and get a new save each round to escape the illusion. Each round, maximum number of rounds equal to [spell level], they take [spell level] damage from the shadow. This is an [illusion (figment)] ability. As long as a creature is taking damage from this ability you cannot use it again.

•Reaping Grounds(Su): Your illusions cover the entire area within 30ft of you, and make it seem as if the very ground was alive, and hampers the foe in any way possible. Walls may seem to pop up and move, trees may block opponents, ect. As a standard action, you force all foes within 30ft to make a Will save. Any foe who fails this has all of their movement speed halved, and takes [spell level] nonlethal damage each round. Each round foes get another save to end the effect, and once they do, they remain immune to the effect for 24 hours. Ending this effect is a free action. Ending this effect is a free action.

Again truly strong I would limit it to 5ft per [spell level] and be counted as difficult terrain.

•Illusionary Weaponry(Su): As a free action you may surround yourself with floating illusionary weapons, reinforced with shadows, of any weapons your are proficient with. On that round and ever round thereafter, as a free action on your turn, may make 1d3 melee or ranged touch attacks (depending on what weapons you have caused to appear). Regardless of the type of attack made, no attacks of opportunity are provoked and all attacks, if they hit, deal [spell level] damage of the type normally done by that weapon. A creature hit is entitled to a Will save to halve the damage. A creature who is hit gets a stacking +1 bonus to Will saves against further attacks against it. In addition, you create an illusionary weapon for you to wield, using the statics listed above for attacks and damage with it. You still get multiple attacks with it if your BAB is high enough. Only one instance of this bind may be in effect at a time.

I would limit it to create [spell level] daggers that surround you in a swarm, you can use them at melee (or throw them) it additionally gives you an (read one) extra attack, be it melee or thrown. Once you run out of extra daggers you need to cast it again. Probably limit the damage to d4.

•Illusions(Su): You may use the Minor Illusion spell at will as a spell-like ability. If you are at least a level 11th spellbound, this is upgraded to the Major Illusion spell. Both effects last for Concentration + 3 rounds.

I imagine that you are talking about Minor Image & Major Image. Again this is an ability that you can access at level 2 and you are replicating a 2nd level spell at will. I would limit it to silent images and have it take it concentration + 1 round.

Double Bind: True Seeing no longer grants one the ability to see through any of your illusion spells and the above abilities, however they get a +6 to any save related to these effects.

Ugh this is really extremely cheesy and powerful. I would grant the ability to hide in plain sight if the class had hide as class skil... as it is... I will give a +2 to illusion spells and effects OR a permanent blur.

Burst: Illusionary Death(Su): As a standard action you create an illusion that makes an opponent believe they are dying. An opponent targeted must make a will save or feel as though they were dying. They must make 2 will saves. If they fail the first will save they are stunned for 1d4+1 rounds as they are overwhelmed by the feeling of death. If they fail the second save they take a -4 on all saves for 1d4+1 rounds, and suffer 1.5 damage from all sources (rounded up) as the pain is intensified by the illusion. This illusion is strong enough to bypass creatures with true seeing, see invisibility, and those normally immune to illusions, however they get a +6 bonus to the save.

At what level can they use this ability? At a very very low level. It also seems more of an enchantment effect than an illusion effect. Why don't you use something like...

Burst: Blinding colors (Su): As an immediate action you create an illusion of clashing colors surrounding a creature within 5ft per [spell level]. Depending on its HD it gets affected differently.
HD < [spell level] +1: The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.)
HD < [spell level] +4: The creature is blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round.
HD > [spell level] +4: The creature is stunned for 1 round.

Necromancy:

•Necromantic Aura(Su): All within 10ft of you take [spell level] negative energy damage each round at the beginning of your turn. Undead are healed by this effect. This can be activated and deactivated as a free action on your turn.

Really? Everyone in 10ft no save? You should reduce it to [spell level]/2

•Rebuke Undead(Su): You gain the ability to Rebuke Undead as a Cleric of your Spellbound level. This can be done once per 5 rounds. This does not qualify you for feats or prestige classes.

Do you get a pool of rebuked undead? Can you use it to feed devotion feats? DMM? I would limit it to [spell level] x2 or Spellbound level whichever is lower.

•Undead Body(Su): You gain many of the benefits of undeath. You are now healed by negative energy effects and damaged by positive energy effects. In addition, you are immune to nonlethal damage, fatigue effects, and sleep effects. Unfortunately, you are now effected by turn attempts.

I would leave it on being healed by negative energy effects and damaged by positive energy.

•Vamperic Touch(Su): As a standard action, make a touch attack against one foe within reach. It takes [spell level]d6 negative energy damage. You are healed for half of the damage delt.

Cool

•Strength-Draining Blast(Su): As a standard action, make a ranged touch attack against a single foe within 30ft. They take a [spell level] + Mental Ability Modifier penalty to strength for [spell level] rounds. This cannot drop their strength below 1.

I would limit to 5ft per [spell level] make it be a ranged attack, and make them take [spell level] damage (mental ability modifier can be buffed) I would also add that this doesn't stack with itself.

•Potent Gas: Creates a 10x10x10ft cloud in any area within 50ft. All within this cloud must make a fortitude save or become sickened for [spell level] rounds. This cloud remains in the area for [spell level] rounds. You may only have one of these in effect at a time, if you activate a new one while the only one is still in effect, the old one disappears.

Range 10ft [spell level] and sickened for as long as they remain in the cloud + 1 round.

Double Bind: Whenever a foe is under the effects of a bind ability or a Necromancy spell, the necromantic energies wear their body down. They must succeed on a Fortitude save or become fatigued. If they are targeted by a second effect, they must make another fortitude save or become exhausted.

Really strong I would make them shaken for a round (it is a fear effect that escalates)

Burst: Necromantic Revivification(Su): You can use this ability as an immediate action to you or any of your allies who have recently died (as long as their body is still intact, must of been within [spell level] rounds). Necromantic energies flood the dying person’s body, bringing them back as a temporary undead. They gain all the benefits (and penalties) of being undead, and gain an amount of HP equal to ½ of their maximum hp. They can act normally for a number of rounds equal to [spell level], and then they die again, regardless of how much hp they had. A character dying at the end of this effect may not be targeted by this effect again, and although a character already under this effect that dies again before the effect would end can be targeted again, this effect instead only revives them and gives them the HP, the original duration is not reset.

I would not allow to use it on yourself (if you die you die). Other than that really cool.

Transmutation:
[spoiler]

•Morphic Body(Su): The organs within your body are constantly moving around, granting you a 50% chance to negate critical hits and precision damage.

10% [spell level]

•Weapon Morph(Su):As a free action, you may grow a natural weapon of any type. A chart is listed below, and is sized for medium creatures. Reach is 5ft for medium creatures. You may have a maximum of ½ [spell level] natural weapons at any one time. In addition, you can only have a number of bite attacks equal to the number of heads you possess, and a number of claw attacks equal to the number of hands you have. The spine is an exception to the above rules, it is a ranged natural weapon that has a range increment of 15ft. It has a maximum of 3 range increments. For all natural weapons you get ½ your Strength modifier to all damage rolls.
You should be able to grow only ONE weapon (it is crazy to have more, really, check multiattack improved multiattack, rapidstrike, improved rapid strike.

[spoiler]
{table=HEAD] Natural Weapon | Damage
Claw | 1d6
Bite | 1d8
Wing | 1d6
Tail | 1d8
Tentacle | 1d6
Sting | 1d6
Spine | 1d6[/table]

Other than that cool ability.

•Enhanced Body(Su): You reinforce your body, gaining an enhancement bonus to any one ability score equal to [spell level]. This may be changed as a standard action.

I would say 1/3 spell level and no changing :smallfrown: It is really good as it is.

•Reinforced Body(Su): You toughen up your body with magic, granting you an enhancement bonus to either natural armor, fortitude saves, or reflex saves equal to ½ [spell level]. The choice may be changed as a standard action.

It is strong but this is a strong class...

•Modify Body(Su): You are able to change your body to give you new abilities. You may now grant yourself a flight speed with average maneuverability, a burrowing speed, or a swim speed equal to your land speed as a standard action. Once chosen this cannot be changed.

Maximum speed equal to your base speed or 5x [spell level] whichever is lower? Burrowing speed doesn't leave a tunnel.

•Morph Foe(Su): You reach out and touch your foe, causing horrible pain as their body is twisted and morphed. Make a melee touch attack against anyone within range. They must succeed on a Fort save of have their body become disfigured. They take a -1/2 [spell level] to their Strength score, and have all of their speeds reduced by half. This lasts for [spell level] rounds.

This is crazily strong I would outright ban it. Let's try rewording...

•Morph Foe(Su): You reach out to your foe, causing horrible pain as their body is twisted and morphed. As a standard action make a melee attack against a creature adjacent to you. The target must succeed on a Fort save of have their body become disfigured. They take [spell level] penalty to Strength checks and Strength based skill checks, and have all of their speeds reduced by half. This lasts for 1/4 [spell level] (minimum one) rounds.

Otherwise you are going to spam this.

Double Bind: You can now grant an ally any benefit you would receive from any of the above abilities as a melee touch attack as a standard action. This lasts until you dismiss it as a free action. However, all numeric abilities are halved (including: number of natural attacks, speeds, enhancement bonuses, natural armor). Any one ability may only be granted to one ally in addition to yourself.

Make them last for [spell level]/2 rounds and I would probably limit it to one ability per 3 [spell level].

Burst: Embodiment: By using up the energies from the bind, you are able to mimic the Polymorph spell, with the following exceptions. This effect lasts for [spell level] rounds. Furthermore, the HD limit of the creature may morph into is 1.5 x [spell level] (rounded down). In addition, you may choose one spell-like or supernatural ability the creature you morph into, you gain the use of it for the duration of the transformation, under the same constraints the creature had. For example, if the monster could only use the ability once per day, you may only use it once per day, even if you transform into it multiple times in a single day.

Polymorph as an spell like ability usable with low level spells? I would... erase the choosing of spell-like or supernatural abilities (leave that for a feat). I would also add that you have to polymorph into a creature that you have seen (or have a very good knowledge of the creature Knowledge (whatever is relevant) check DC 10 + Creature's HD)

And that's it!

Okay those spell binds were crazy strong this looks like a really powerful generalist. I know I am certain that you should go with CHA based class, it is the lest powerful of the casting stats. Also all the binds seem supernatural abilities to me (not spell like they even have the (Su) besides their name)

I also think that you should reduce the spellcasting progression to something ala Mystic Ranger

{table=HEAD]level|0th|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th
01.|2|
02.|2|1
03.|2|2|
04.|3|2|1
05.|3|2|2
06.|3|3|2|1
07.|3|3|2|2
08.|4|3|3|2|1
09.|4|4|3|2|2
10.|4|4|3|3|2|1
11.|4|4|4|3|2|2
12.|4|4|4|3|3|2
13.|5|4|4|4|3|3
14.|5|4|4|4|4|3
15.|5|5|4|4|4|3
16.|5|5|5|4|4|3
17.|5|5|5|4|4|4[/table]

Ps. You owe me a PEACH :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Ps2. I know that in most abilities I say 1/2 or 1/3 of [spell level] I suggest that you change it to 1+1/2 or 1+1/3 of [spell level], that way spellbounds that are starting their career gain benefits from their major class features.

Also if you want to keep the bard progression it was a good point that this way they get access to more schools I suggest having the spell binds last for 10 min per [spell level] and at later levels increase it to 1 hour per [spell level] this way the spellbound while use its spells a bit faster :smallsmile:

Ps3. Also for gods sake limit the spells that can be bind into spell binding to spells from spellbound or absorved via spellbound class features. Maybe make a feat specifically allowing stolen spells (spellthief spellbound can be a pretty cool multiclass) to qualify if not many high level spell casters benefit greatly from taking a level or two of this class and gaining access to spell bind and burst and that wizards should not be better at spell binding than spell binds themselves.

God Imperror
2012-08-12, 06:46 PM
Shameful double post is shameful :smallannoyed:

No problems! I appreciate any feedback at all! I should have the soul binding ACF up in a few days.

Cool I'll peach it if I have time.

Also, as another note, I'm aiming for a versatile tier 3 class. The main thing limiting this class should be spell slots, forcing them to be careful of their spell binds and spells cast.

That was my idea too when checking it, also when checking spell binds some spell binds might still be a bit powerful but not shamefully powerful (you seem to underestimate [fear] effects though)

Of course! I've put a lot of effort in this class, I want to make it worthwhile to use, and easy to use with other classes! I already have plans to write feats for the spell binds themselves and for several ACF's.

Then once I finish my Anointed heritor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13682096&postcount=14) I would love to make a dual progressing prc.

Truly, light armor is the best armor! :smallbiggrin:

:smallredface:

Hmmmm..... I'll take a point between this and the suggestions towards the end, and make it 6+int. My goal was to make this a very versatile class, so this would be helpful.

Yes it is probably for the best.

Ye shall never have dead levels :smalltongue:

They make it hard to balance though when they are accompanied by spellcasting. But I think you did a good job.

True........ Hmmmm...... I'll have to think about these points for a little bit.

It is not necessarely a bad thing I know that you wanted mettle and mettle (for will saves) is certainly justified but is it justified towards fortitude?

I've now had several people comment about this. Originally I had got the idea from Some (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211806) of (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189564) unosorta's homebrew. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10461008) But I'll change this to a Charisma based spellcaster.

I will confess that its a feature that I don't really like (even if I had seen it before) but in the case of this class a theurge is greatly empowered. For example as it is a Spell bound / Ur Priest / Mysthic Theurge can spellbind its Ur Priest spells and use them like a batery while keeping himself buffed with cherry picks from the sorcerer/wizard list all this while being MAD.

The only reason I did this was for the spell binding feature. Because the spell binds require a spell of a different school, I wanted to make sure they get enough spells known to take advantage of the different binds. If you have another idea for this I'm all open for this.

Yes that is a problem, they will need to specialize a little or be careful while picking spells...

I was thinking it earlier but forgot about commenting it on my past post, what happens with dual school spells?

You might give them the ability to learn more spells having access to a spell from the Wu Jen or the Bard list (arcane spells) every 4 levels would be an attractive idea while keeping their total spells close to control.

I will be changing all of the mental stat references to Charisma soon, so no need to worry about this. :smalltongue:

Great

The spell slot is wasted. I will clarify upon this. And I'll change the before to below. Opps :smallredface:

Don't worry english is not my mother language (it is not even my second language) so sometimes I mess up.

Good point. Will change. Any suggestions for changing this feature so I don't have a dead level. Maybe able to cast Prestidigitation at will?

The extra known spells from other sources are an idea (above) other than that... you can do something similar to the hexblade's

Forced Omens (Ex): At 6th level, a foreboding sense of doom travels with the hexblade, as candle lights flicker, fresh food turns green, or the air becomes stale. A hexblade adds prestidigitation to their list of spells known. See the spell description on pg. 264 of the Player's Handbook. If a hexblade already knows this spell, the character may choose a different 1st level spell. As a bonus spell, prestidigitation cannot be traded for another 1st level spell.

At 8th level, a hexblade may cast prestidigitation as if augmented by the Silent Spell feat without using up a higher-level spell slot. At 11th level, a hexblade may cast prestidigitation as a spell-like ability, lacking both somatic and verbal components, but is still limited to their spell slots per day. At 14th level, a hexblade may cast prestidigitation a number of additional times per day equal to 3 + their Charisma modifier. At 18th level, a hexblade can cast prestidigitation at will. The prestidigitation spell disappears from their list of spells known at this level.

Pretty much. Some are able to be used as an immediate action to help one defend himself/herself, and others are to allow one to attack with some extra power/effect.

Yeah I did really like most of them.

Hmmm...... I'll see if I can add some extra levels for this ability.

:smallsmile:

Will add. And I'll add a clause that prevents people from using this spell and the arcane sight spell gained later

Good point, I'll add a clause for this.

Yup! Actually that was the whole point, if you have the maximum number of spells bound, rather than waste the Counter Bind ability, you may sacrifice the spell cast at you for it's bind ability, or sacrifice a spell already bound so you can replace it with the spell that was cast at you.

That certainly looks great

As stated with detect magic, I'm going to write a clause in the spell binding section stating that a spell bound must come from a spell slot.

Granted by the spellbound class or from any class that progresses spellbound spellcasting.

Because of the ability you like below :smalltongue: Although I'm all ears to changing this ability.

Yes... it is a bit hard to decide on this one... I'll think on something

Good! Glad you like it!

Great minds...

Hmmm...... True. The Capstone should always be an ability to look forward to........ Any suggestions?

After reading the binds and realizing that you need some more class features... I suggest changing spell binding to the following.

lvl 1 spellbinding you can bind a spell it lasts for [spell level] x minutes (0 level spells count as 1/2 level)
lvl 5 spellbinding you can bind two spells though they must be from different schools in addition spellbinds last for [spell level] x 10 minutes (0 level spells count as 1/2 level)
lvl 10 spellbinding you can bind two spells from the same school (or different schools) in addition spellbinds last for [spell level] x hours (0 level spells count as 1/2 level)
lvl 15 spellbinding you can bind two spells from the same school (or different schools) spellbinds now last as long as you wish to bind them. In addition you can bind a third spell for [spell level] x rounds (0 level spells cannot be bound in this manner)
lvl 20 spellbinding (capstone) you can bind three spells no more than two can be bind to the same school in addition when you employ a burst ability you may make an spellcraft check DC 20 + [spell level] to recover the bind as it was not expended, before using this ability you have to wait a number of rounds equal to the [spell level] or the last spell absorbed in this manner.

I'll take out UMD, that's a good point.

Yep, check those skills probably do something similar to the bard (without perform) as it seems to be what you want to achieve.

Also, if you don't mind I'd love it if you took a look at the binds whenever you have a moment.

Yeah read over my previous comment its a tad long.

zagan
2012-08-14, 12:32 PM
Now I have some time, so I'll try to give you a more detailled peach as promise. Small warning I didn't read the comment from the other poster so I may repeat some things.

Image: Very cool image.

Skills: 6+int ? Perhaps a little much for a spellcasting class, one so magic focused anyway. For me 4 would be enough. As for the skills themselves, I'm not sure Escape artist, Hide, Move silently and sleight of hand are really appropriate.
Perhaps if you make an ACF where they must spellcialized in one or two schools you could give additional skill as

Hd, Bab, Saves: Seem fine

Proficiencies: Fine too.

Spells: Ah now they are Charisma based. Probably better that way.

Spell Bind (Su): The central ability of the class, little to say at this point we'll see when we get to the bind themselves.

Armored Caster (Ex): Standard

Burst (Su): Same as the bind. A feat that change that to another type of action might be interesting. Move action 2/day perhaps.

Enhanced Bindings (Su):
+1 caster level: Increase the benefit of having a spell bound, why not.
+1 spell level: Nice, does it apply to even to cantrip ?
+1 to DC: Nice too.
A few small but interesting bonus.

Mystic Eyes (Su): Always useful.

Spell Resistance (Su): If you can lower it as a free action, can you then raise it again as a free action ?

Combine Assault (Su): Very nice ability to gain at mid-level.

Mettle (Ex): Yeah, okay always nice to have an additional defense.

Counter Bind(Su): That one is very nice to bind spell of higher level than what you can cast yourselves. Does it work with spell cast by allies ?

Counter Burst(Su): That one is great.

Eyes of the Archmage (Su): Follow up on detect magic, logical and useful.

Spell Attraction (Su): Cool but it need a few clarification, do you need to be aware of the spell being cast ? And what is the range ? If an ally is a thousand miles away but you scrying on him can you redirect a spell cast at him ? What if he is on another plane ? Could you designate an enemy to be an allies to steal a beneficial spell cast by someone else on him ?

Spell Repression (Su): Very very cool, as a sort of ultimate defense. Can you do it on a spell that is already affecting you ?

Magic Conversion Su): As far as capstone go, it's no that impressive. It may be useful if you manage to bind a 9th level spell with counter-bind to gain some massive bonus but otherwise. On the other hand I'm not sure whta could work as a capstone.

Spell Binds: I note it in my mp but you forget to say if you round down or up when calculating 1/2 or 1/3 and if it's minimum 1. Also you say that they are

Arcane: A few basic bonus, the increase to caster level for double bind seem a little strong. The burst is pure damage, it could be useful in some situation.

Abjuration:
•Abjurant Protection(Su): okay
•Resistance(Su): can you select it multiple time for resistance against multiple energy type ?
•Swift Abjurations(Su): Very cool.
•Warding Arcanes (Su): Few question, at what distance can I create the ward ? Do all cube need to be adjacent ? Are the ward visible ? Do you need to stay witin X distance of the ward to maintain it ?
-Energy: Okay.
-Forcing: Okay.
-Anti-Magic: What's your caster level for that ?
-Wall: Does the wall appear at the edge of each cube or cover them completely ? If you use disintegrate against one cube does it destroy all cube ?
•Cushioning Magics(Su): Okay.
Double Bind: Clarification on what is and what is not multiplied would be great.
Burst: Repelling Burst: It's unclear but I think this is centered on you ?

Conjuration:
•Mystic Blade (Su): "ammo is automatically generated when you attack" Does this mean that I can full- attack with crossbow without needing to recharge ?
•Conjured Object(Su): Very flavorfull but perhaps add a size limit, I could conjure huge wall of paper worth very little for example. (not sure what they could be use for but you see what I mean).
•Defensive Conjuration(Su): That seem a little powerful, like the wing of cover spell. the cool down does help but i would make it longer.
•Summoning the Elements(Su): Very cool but you may want to specifie what you mean by passive effect.
•Weapon Snake(Su): I don't know why but I don't like this one. I know that it look cool and all but I don't like it. Sorry.
•Spell-Infused Summons: Nice.
Double Bind:
-What if you have a summon reserve feat ? Does it work with it ? Cool in any case.
-The customisable enhancement is awesome but need limit, at least mentionned that special property that have use per day are not renewed if you use them multiple time on different weapon.
-Reducing the cooldown with such a potent ability (to me) seem wrong somehow.
-Still don't like weapon snake, sorry.
Burst: Conjured Assault(Su): The effect is very cool but weapon again ? Fluff it differently perhaps ?
Note: Nothing relate to teleportartion or healing ?

Divination:
Sign: No sign for the others schools ?
•Insight(Su): Okay.
•Visions(Su): Cool.
•Show What You Know(Su): As I said in the mp very nice.
•Future of Demons(Su): I like the clarifycation.
•Hindsight(Su): Always useful.
•Lucky Foresight(Su): Nice, particularly in mettle;
Double Bind: Unclear you have in addition deux fois. So you get insight plus scry at will ?
Burst: Divination of the Heavens(Su): Not a fan of this one, I think it could be better. Perhaps a see invisibility effect (or even true seeing) on you and all allies with X feet as a swift action;

Evocation:
•Elemental Assault(Su): Cool, i like the full attack concept.
•Mystical Blasting(Su): Okay, why not.
•Elemental Blast(Su): No save for half ? And if you have mystical blasting do you get cha to damage twice ?
•Devastating Power(Su): Very nice but very similar to one of the conjuration effect.
•Magic Mine(Su): Cool.
Double Bind: "Increased by 2x[spell level]" what do you mean ? Multiplied ?
Burst: Explosia(Su): That seem very strong compared to using an evocation spell the normal way. Fireball would do far less for example.

Enchantment
•Peaceful Aura(Su): Nice.
•Powerful Voice(Su): The level limitation is nice.
•Friendly Appearance(Su): Cool.
•Fleeing Foes(Su): Classic.
•Inspiring Presence(Su): Very nice.
•Grand Foe: Superb ability.
Double Bind: Cool.
Burst: Mesmerize Perfect.

Illusion:
•Illusionary Combat(Su): Interesting option.
•Illusionary Assault(Su): Very nice image.
•Reaping Grounds(Su): You have "Ending this effect is a free action." twice, otherwise cool effect.
•Illusionary Weaponry(Su): i love that one.
•Illusions(Su): Okay.
Double Bind: Yeah, i can see the use for it.
Burst: Blinding colors (Su): Strong but cool.

Necromancy:
•Necromantic Aura(Su): Appropriate.
•Rebuke Undead(Su): You may need to specify that if you may not exceed the limit fo turn undead even if you choose this bind multiple time.
•Undead Body(Su): Logical.
•Vamperic Touch(Su): Are you also healed if you sue this on an undead ?
•Strength-Draining Blast(Su): Okay.
•Potent Gas: yeah, okay.
Double Bind: Cool too.
Burst: Necromantic Revivification(Su): Very nice, can you use it to allow for someone to use effect like revivify at a later point.
Example and allie died but the cleric is too far to revivify him, if you use that can the cleric use revivify at the end of the effect ?

Transmutation:
•Morphic Body(Su): Okay.
•Weapon Morph(Su): I really like this one. Totemist in a bottle.
•Enhanced Body(Su): Okay.
•Reinforced Body(Su): okay.
•Modify Body(Su): Useful.
•Morph Foe(Su): "1/2 of their highest spell" I think you mean 1/2 of their highest speed.
Double Bind: Very party friendly.
Burst: Embodiment/ granting spell-like abilities or supernatural abilities can easilt be abused, but I'm not sure what to replace it with.

All in all excellent work, If something happen to Evlen you may use it on any new character you create for my game. (after I reread it of course).

bindin garoth
2012-08-14, 01:39 PM
All in all excellent work, If something happen to Evlen you may use it on any new character you create for my game. (after I reread it of course).

You're just using that as an excuse to kill him off aren't you :smalltongue: just kidding.

Anyway, I will have comments related to the PEACHES up tomorrow midday. I started typing them up in a word document at work during lunch, so I won't have my notes until tomorrow.

Also, it looks like there will be a big change in the binding system. Zagan, I will be sending you details about it to get your opinion before actually making the change. The more input the better :smallbiggrin:

bindin garoth
2012-08-15, 06:12 AM
And we are starting the changes into Version 2.0 folks! Hopefully will be done today/tomorrow! As for the comments, I probably won't respond to them until after the change to spell binding.

Edit:
Also, for everyone (and myself), here is a list of planned feature I will be implementing with this class, in the order they are most likely to come.
- ACF allowing a Spellbound to bind a single vestige, and meld their powers with the spells they bind. (This ACF will be more of a "burst" user, temporarily increasing their power beyond a normal spellbound, but overall a lower power level.
-Effects that increase to potency of spells cast! For those who want binds to only enhance their spells (Evocation and Conjuration already have some, but none of the others do).
-Feats! Including: Multiclass feats, binding feats, specialization feats!
-ACF's, creating versions of the spellbound for: Martial Disciplines, Formulas (as linked in the 1st post), and perhaps even Divine!

bindin garoth
2012-08-15, 01:40 PM
Alright! Version 2.0 is now up! Let me know what you think!

ErrantX
2012-08-20, 08:48 PM
Wow, this is an enormous and well put together project. I'm not sure where to begin with an assessment, but I guess I will start by saying, Bravo, it is not easy at all to put together new base class systems. Prestige classes are easy; base classes are the true nightmares. So bravo to you.

Hit dice, spells are good, skill points should likely be 4+Int otherwise it could get unfair. Class features fit...

I have to say that I love the spellbinding abilities; school specific buffs that make sense to holding a spell's energy to do more than just be a spell. Good ideas. Really, I can't say anything more than zagan's already said about specific ones, but otherwise, this is a great effort and I'd totally consider playing one in a game, and I'm certain I'd have fun with it from levels 1-20. That's the most important thing for a base class, and honestly I think it is the highest compliment you can pay to class is to say that you'd want to stay in it from 1-20.

And we are starting the changes into Version 2.0 folks! Hopefully will be done today/tomorrow! As for the comments, I probably won't respond to them until after the change to spell binding.

Edit:
Also, for everyone (and myself), here is a list of planned feature I will be implementing with this class, in the order they are most likely to come.
- ACF allowing a Spellbound to bind a single vestige, and meld their powers with the spells they bind. (This ACF will be more of a "burst" user, temporarily increasing their power beyond a normal spellbound, but overall a lower power level.
-Effects that increase to potency of spells cast! For those who want binds to only enhance their spells (Evocation and Conjuration already have some, but none of the others do).
-Feats! Including: Multiclass feats, binding feats, specialization feats!
-ACF's, creating versions of the spellbound for: Martial Disciplines, Formulas (as linked in the 1st post), and perhaps even Divine!

I like the vestige one; I'd even consider making a prestige class for that. 2nd idea is definitely needed. Feats are a plus, and multiclass feats are seriously the best thing ever. More ACF's are cool; I could see a fantastic set of swordsage/spellbinder abilities for multiclass.

Regards,
-X

bindin garoth
2012-08-21, 10:58 AM
Sorry for the long wait, but here is my reply to everyone! Some of the responses are short because I've been using my lunch to write these (in addition for other things too, which caused part of the delay, and being away for the weekend). Comments are split up for each post.

Spellbinds

I am seriously believing that I missed it but... where... is the line saying what happens to a spell when you bind it?

I added to the spellbinding segment. That reminds me, I still need to put in the clause about not being able to use other spellcasting slots……

Wow... that is really strong. Maybe not I was surprised though, why chose two? Why not make "chose two" a class feature (later) or feat?

Can you chose twice the same one?

On the other hand heighten shenanigans are attractive
Arcane is like the general bind, isn't it? One question though can you pick two more abilities from above?

Heighten spell (and other metamagics) work for binding spells due to the binding relying on the level of the spell SLOT used, not the level of the actual spell. This also prevents the use of feats like Earth Magic from affecting the bind.
I decided on choosing 2 because that lets one chose from a list of abilities and feel as if he isn’t trading a valuable spell slot for just a single ability. Anything more than 2 I feel might be a bit much.
I’ll put in a clause about only being able to take an effect once. (Done.)
I believe, (need to double check) I put in the spellbinding class ability that you must give up one of your chosen effects to gain this benefit (in other words, if you have two spells of the same school bound, you can only chose 3 effects and get the double bind effects, or chose 4 effects). (See Spell Binding, already added).

At level one you are taking more juice of it than from most of your damaging spells, maybe 1d6 would be more adequate (it is supposed that it was giving you a bonus before, so you are taking a lot of juice from the spell). You should clarify the range 10 feet per [spell level] sounds right?

Keep in mind this would take a total of 2 rounds to perform, in addition to losing the effects of the bind (1 round to bind the spell, another to use the burst ability). Range has been added to many of the effects.

Not necessarily any spell granted by the Spell bound class, correct? Great possibilities with master spell thief then.

Nope, just abjuration spells. I’ll add something about this only working with spellbound class spells.

A rather complicated ability. Interesting though I think this should be a burst, with a limited duration rather than a bind. I would probably limit it to the "Wall" ability though, as is the more frontlined

I wanted to make sure that every bind has an active ability that may be chosen for use in combat. This would allow a spellbound to conserve their spell slots, since they are already sacrificing spell slots to bind spells. I went ahead and took away the wall ability, maybe I’ll add it back, but make it destroyable?

That is certainly strong, but DR/magic that seems fitting is not worth it.
You can get a significant DR with this.

Now max Dr (with a double bind) is 9, and that’s using up 2 effects.

Make the wall thingie a burst! It is more interesting than raw damage

I had originally meant this to be an emergency use ability (pushing foes away from you), but I see what you’re getting at. I’ll think about it and look at some Abjuration spells, see if anything comes to me. Perhaps a chained dispel of sorts?

A free +2 weapon at level 1? Isn't that strong? It is a nice concept though it is OP with a 9th level spell you can get a weapon with a 10 enhancement bonus if it is multiplied by 1.5 with a double bind and the capstone works as I believe it does you get a humongous enhancement bonus.

You might want to look at Call weaponry for reference.

Changed to 1 + 1/3 character level. Not as powerful as a weapon you could buy, but it does save money.

It is a bit unreliable if it doesn't have a "long" duration (as "long" as you hold it like the weapon) you might want to check Call item. While you are at it check call armor it could also be an interesting power (btw mage armor is a conjuration spell)

Changed the duration to 10 minutes per (1/2 Character level). I’ll probably add a call armor ability once we finish working on the bind effects already up.

I would limit it to monsters that you know how to summon, so you need to learn summoning spells to use it limiting it to monsters below 6 level. Natures ally doesn't make a lot of sense. As this is a really strong ability you might want to delete it, maybe make it available as a feat or something for those who specialize.
Do they need to be from the same creature? They probably should. Also clarify that spell casting is not eligible.

Erased this ability, another person pointed out the possibilities of it were way too strong.

As pointed above too strong maybe allow you to trade half the enhancement bonus (rounded down) for equivalent abilities? So you can get a +1 keen rapier or similar.

Changed to allow you to use half of the enhancement bonus for special abilities if you take the Double Bind effect.

The area is big and the secondary effects are strong maybe reduce the initial damage for 1d6 and consider that as the penalty doesn't scale it can be a killer at low levels I would forego the penalty to attack rolls the penalty to all movement speeds is still strong.

I changed both penalties to ¼ Character level, and reduced the duration.

What is a sign?

Something I forgot to implement. I meant to make it so that there are small physical changes to your body, depending on what you have bound. I’ll be giving each bind a sign that occurs to them whenever they have a spell bound, just haven’t had a chance yet.

Future of Demons: I lowered its power greatly, but still want to keep it. I’d prefer it if all binds had at least one offensive ability.

Really cool burst. I don't really like that divination deals damage though What do you think of allowing the energies to grant a bonus equal to [spell level] to a roll? Be it any roll, and you must use it in [spell level] rounds.

[spell level] bonus to any roll, even if it is an immediate action, would be a little weak for a burst. Furthermore, I thought it’d be a good burst, since it could be used to “counter” spellcaster (force a concentration check). If others don’t like it too I’ll change it to be some sort of status effect.
Note: Changed to based off of class levels. Thinking about what Zagan said, about changing it to a true sight effect. Or perhaps helping allies target foes, granting them bonuses to damage and ignoring miss chances.

Nice ability it lacks a range 20 x [spell level]?
Why not evocation? It is all about damage.

Changed both. Slightly worried about the damage capabilities of the Elemental Assault, seeing as you can make multiple attacks with it and can get several boosts from this bind alone.

Not a lot of love for evocation Elemental weapons! Dealing damage as elemental assault, Elemental shields surrounding you dealing damage as foes try to strike you.

Changed it to be a cone or line. I’ll think about adding the others, the shield is kinda in place from the double bind ability.

What is this? Is this a burst from evocation? Is it an evocation bind? Why is it below the burst? If it is a bind it looks cool.

Changed name. It’s a bind to give evocation abilities a little extra effect.

Think of the 1st level spell bounds getting command at will... I would delete it... or use it to grant a bonus to bluff, intimidate, diplomacy checks of [spell level] rather than this really powerful effect.

Changed so 1st level spells don’t give you access to this ability.

You just became the best fear debuffer in existence. I would increase the DC it is a powerful effect but I wouldn't negate [mind affecting]

Took it out. I’d like to add something else but I haven’t had a chance to think of what.

Dominate is a 5th level spell, and you can use this ability at second level using 0 level spells. I don't think it is a good idea. I think that something among the lines of:

Changed to what you posted. Dazing as an immediate action should be good for a burst.

At what level can they use this ability? At a very very low level. It also seems more of an enchantment effect than an illusion effect. Why don't you use something like...

Changed for now, although this is starting to seem similar to Enchantments. I’m thinking about changing it. Maybe a version of shades that works off of the [spell level]?

Changed to a shades effect.

Undead body…. Stuff

I’d prefer to keep it as it is, if you change it you might as well just take the feat (forget what it’s called) that does the exact same thing (makes you heal from neg energy, damaged from pos energy.)

I would limit to 5ft per [spell level] make it be a ranged attack, and make them take [spell level] damage (mental ability modifier can be buffed) I would also add that this doesn't stack with itself.

Added range. I’d prefer not to lower it that much, as if it’s that low you might as well cast ray of enfeeblement, a 1st level spell. Also changed the gas effect.

Really strong I would make them shaken for a round (it is a fear effect that escalates)

Change the double bind so that it does not stack with itself. Already have enough effects that cause fear.

You should be able to grow only ONE weapon (it is crazy to have more, really, check multiattack improved multiattack, rapidstrike, improved rapid strike.
Quote:
[quote]
Changed to 1 + ¼ Class levels. Only growing one would be weak (look at the totemist class, they can grow a huge number of Natural Attacks at once, and yet they’re tier 3).
[quote]
I would say 1/3 spell level and no changing It is really good as it is.

Not necessarily that good, as it doesn’t stack with items (both grant enhancement bonuses). If I changed it to 1/3 then this ability wouldn’t have much of a point.

Class

Most of the points I agreed with (trying to write this on lunch over several days now, trying to save time).
I will expand upon Enhanced Binds when I have a moment.

Zagan

Debating between 4 & 6 skill point right now.
-Burst ACF: Sounds interesting, although I might have them take a feat if they want a different burst ability.
-SR: Will change
-Counter Bind: The abilities to bind higher level spells is useless………… I might tweak this effect slightly
-Spell Attraction: will be adding a range to this shortly. And you must be aware of the ability, and able to move.
-Spell Repression: No. I’ll be adding this to the abilities working.
-Magic Conversion: needs to be changed, because of the new binding mechanic.
-Wrote in note above about rounding
- Caster level bonus has been changed.
-Specified what effects are affected by abjuration’s double bind
-Specified Repelling Burst to be centered on you
-Conjuration: re-worded several effects
-I plan on changing the Conjured Assault Burst to allow you to choose the damage type done, and a secondary affect for each.
-Divination of the Heavens: I’m currently debating upon this. Your idea does sound good.
-Mystic Blasting: Now has reflex save.
-Explosia: While strong compared to say Fireball, it cannot be r often used in combat due to needing a round to bind a spell before even using a burst effect. And you are giving up one of the main abilities of the class.
-Rebuke Undead: I am debating on replacing this with another effect. The main debate is on using this to fuel other feats/items. What’s everyone’s opinion on this?
-Transmutation’s double bind now turns you from a enhanced melee person to a party buffer. I’m currently debating if one should be able to give up all of his benefits to another person. And it is currently the only double bind that allows you to chose other effects twice.

ErrantX

Glad you like it! And I’m especially glad to hear someone would stick in this class from 1-20, even with the prestige class advancement clause I added!

In other news:
-The Binding ACF is close to complete! Mainly have to make a few minor adjustments, and spells known.
-As I said before, feats will follow. I will most likely be adding them in groups at a time. The biggest parts will be multiclassing feats and feat chains that end with the ability to chose an addition effect for a school you have specialized in (only chose one additional effect overall, not per bind). This chain will most like include a unique effect for a spell bind that cannot be chosen otherwise, and a unique second burst effect for that school (either immediate or standard action effect, depending on what the school already offers).
-Also, I’m currently debating on the capstone between one of the following:
* Loose all penalties for binding spells lower than max level.
*Always bound to one school, even if you use it’s burst effect. Burst effects would now have cooldowns.
*The ability to empower a bind once/encounter.

What does everyone think?

God Imperror
2012-08-21, 06:56 PM
I'll look at it in deep once I get some more free time (should be able to do it tomorrow or so). I am currently working on to much stuff :smalltongue:

-My Anointed Heritor Base Class the heroes system is starting to be a pain to balance. I would really love a PEACH on this one.

-A War Machine PrC for dakka and more dakka.

-And my new pet project on making a base caster class using blood (and hence HP) to fuel "spells" (not having actual spellcasting but bloodcasting)

bindin garoth
2012-08-24, 10:46 AM
Alright! The first new ACF for the Spellbound is up! This one combines spellbinds with the binder, and is more "Bursty" than the normal one. Of course, for this he pays with a lowered spell progression and less spells known.

I'll also have a new feat up in a few minutes, for those who specialize in one school.

bindin garoth
2012-08-29, 06:05 AM
No comments on the binding ACF :smallfrown:

Work on this has slowed, due to working on my current entry for the PRC contest. Check it out if you have time:

Wielder of the Dimensional Gallery (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13766074&postcount=3)

bindin garoth
2012-09-26, 09:42 PM
Aaaaaand I finally got back around back to this project. Several of the Burst effects have gotten buffs, and Reserve feat support has been added! The flavoring was similar, and it adds more options to the class, so they fit in perfectly!

And as always, thoughts/comments/PEACH's are always appreciated!

I have several multiclass feats written, they just haven't been posted up yet. I wanted to wait until I have many to post them all up at once.

I'm also thinking about writing feats the encourage the use of different binds, to help offset the lose of the double bind effect, since they tend to be stronger than normal effects. Thoughts?

Welknair
2012-11-10, 01:39 PM
I'll need to finish reading the ACFs and later class abilities at a later time, but I can tell you I really like what I've read thusfar. It seems like a basic variation of the Bard, which is known to be pretty solid-balance wise, and I've seen nothing that would change that here. It is relatively versatile between spells known and the ability to easily change their Bindings. The one thing I've noticed amiss was in your initial description of the Binding effects, you neglected to state whether the effects were rounded up or down. On the whole though, an interesting, flavorful and balanced class. I'd love to see some specialized PrCs for it, or a Divine version. :smallsmile:

bindin garoth
2012-11-12, 07:27 PM
Thanks Welknair! Just whenever you have time man!

bindin garoth
2013-02-06, 12:15 PM
Did you all miss this class?

Time to finally post the martial adept version of the class! Currently he is mostly complete, except for the dead levels (though I'd be happy just filling in levels 16 and 19).

Can we expect a divine, manifesting, ect classes?

Probably not. As it is right now, I'm crunched for time (and why I'm posting it up before putting in more abilities or finishing the last two binds). I am more than willing, however, to work with others on this.

But of course, you can expect more feats (Especially multi-classing, probably no more with binds, however)! And a modification of the binding ACF for the martial adept.

I will now sit and eagerly await your responses.