PDA

View Full Version : Beans of Doom

Lexin
2012-08-12, 05:43 PM
The history of "Beans of Doom". The ones to destroy all!
(in all colors and flavors in your friendly Supermarket "Froggy")

drack
2012-08-12, 05:48 PM
So, one versus many thousand, on your marks, get et, go. :smalltongue:

Now some fluffy:
Burzum

As you step from you craft you notice that what at first glance appeared to be stray flakes of vegetation are instead seeds which have rapidly grown into greed sea-monster-esque snakes during your conversation.

Edit: everyone roll initiative.

Lexin
2012-08-12, 05:55 PM
DM

Initiative:
V3 [roll0]
V4 [roll1]
V5 [roll2]
V6 [roll3]
V7 [roll4]
V8 [roll5]
V9 [roll6]
V11 [roll7]
V12 [roll8]
K [roll9]
KK [roll10]

drack
2012-08-12, 05:58 PM
Map
http://www.editgrid.com/user/lexin/Formations
I'll probably be off for a bit under an hour... have fun. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-12, 06:26 PM
DM

Commander [roll0]

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 06:30 PM
[roll0] Initiative

Current Effects:

Mighty Unnatural Body - immune to crits and sneak attack etc.
Indestructible - can only die by being reduced below -10hp. Immune to aging etc.
Decay - does not need to eat drink or breath

Epic Aura of Decay feet - All within 30 feet are auto nauseated, no save.

Abominable form: Will save DC19 for all under 30 Hit dice for be shaken for 15 rounds.
Aura of fear: All within 30 feet Will save DC 32 or be shaken while within aura.
Skull of fear: All within 10 feet will save DC 16 or be affected as a fear spell CL 7th
Massive stupid intimidate:Anyone that comes within 30 feet free intimidate: +58 bonus (roll for each opponent) Improved Demoralize Opponent: -4 Penalty to attack rolls, ability checks, and saving throws.

Spells in effect:
CL: 26

Ironguard
True Seeing
Indomitability
Psychic Poison
Nondetection
Protection from Good
Protection from Law
Protection from Arrows
Scintillating Scales
Gaze Screen
Freedom of Movement
Mind Blank
Protection from Spells
Mantle of Egregious Might
Precise Vision
Ebon Eyes
Death Armor
Rebuking Breath
Pestilence - Filth fever
Pestilence - Red ache
Pestilence - Slimy doom
Voice of the Dragon
Death Throes
Chain Contingency (if HP drop below half or incapacitated Assassins target whoever dealt most damage or incapacitated me) - Ice Assassin x 3
Chain Contingency (if HP below half or lose xp from drain) - Greater Restoration, Cure Critical Wounds x 2
Contingency (if die) - True Resurrection
Contingency (if hp below 3/4) - Monstrous Regeneration
Contingency (command word) - Infernal Transformation
Greater Stunning Breath
Foresight

Also of note:
Hide Life (Cannot be reduced below 1 hp)

Burzum gently floats in the water, his captains coat flapping in the currents behind him. Extending his left hand he flicks his fingers up gesturing for the enemy forces to bring it on.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 07:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjIwmJMqrco

*waits*

Lexin
2012-08-12, 07:11 PM
Nice one.

I am kind of waiting until you mark your units on the map, without this the whole battling could be a tiny bit difficult...

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 07:13 PM
How do I do that?
Also there is just me on my own. So I'm just standing [floating] somewhere in the middle in front of the entire force.

Why are you here btw?

Lexin
2012-08-12, 07:21 PM
How do I do that?
Also there is just me on my own. So I'm just standing [floating] somewhere in the middle in front of the entire force.

Why are you here btw?
map key to the left
Units to the right
The map is large, is your 1 unit solo about 1-2 miles from all the rest?
How far did the flying ship go? It didn't disappear

Hmm, the only answer that comes to my mind is 'Because we are at war' but whether it is IC or OoC knowledge... ask Drack...

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 07:24 PM
map key to the left
Units to the right
I think it worked.

The map is large, is your 1 unit solo about 1-2 miles from all the rest?
How far did the flying ship go? It didn't disappear
I was 40 feet from a handful of Kraken attempting to calmly talk to them before they gave me an ultimatum that I had no option other than to refuse last I knew....
What flying ship?
We are waaay deep under water and my other stuff is miles away last I was aware. It is just me on my own.

Hmm, the only answer that comes to my mind is 'Because we are at war' but whether it is IC or OoC knowledge... ask Drack...
When did that happen? I have no ooc or ic knowledge of this. lol.

Lexin
2012-08-12, 07:34 PM
I think it worked.

Then either I cannot see the changes or there isn't much there.
If MH is yours, then take into account that each square on this map is 50ftx50ft ... so you are placing it 400 ft behind krakens (and from the shore side not ocean)

I was 40 feet from a handful of Kraken attempting to calmly talk to them before they gave me an ultimatum that I had no option other than to refuse last I knew...
What flying ship?
We are waaay deep under water and my other stuff is miles away last I was aware. It is just me on my own.

Drack:

you saw an empty ship approach the kraken, it talk to it's self, and the empty ship open and fly off. this ship...

When did that happen? I have no ooc or ic knowledge of this. lol.

I would guess that it happened here:

Orc Lord: (seeing no shame in it) "I seek to conquer the land on the other side of these waters and build an empire for myself. I am willing to agree to reasonable terms to allow my ships to pass. I have no desire to rule under the waves."

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 07:40 PM
Then either I cannot see the changes or there isn't much there.
If MH is yours, then take into account that each square on this map is 50ftx50ft ... so you are placing it 400 ft behind krakens (and from the shore side not ocean)

The Tiny BZ right in front of your Kraken at CY 18.

[QUOTE=Lexin;13715363]
Drack:
this ship...

Maybe he meant the tiny little flying submersible I was in. It auto-piloted back to my aircraft carrier several miles away as soon as I stepped out.

I would guess that it happened here:
That was my first statement..
Besides just wilderness that I am invading, not your land. :smalltongue:
Refer to map in ooc thread and my ic post in the nations thread for details.

EDIT:
Burzum decided that there was no shame in the truth.
"I seek to conquer the land on the other side of these waters and build an empire for myself. I am willing to agree to reasonable terms to allow my ships to pass. I have no desire to rule under the waves."

Burzum replies. "I would rather make friends with the Kraken. I am also willing to negotiate the protection of the more important portions of the forest if it means so much to you. I merely wish to be able to place regular orc settlements in the area and claim dominion. I am willing to fight though if needed."

Was about it. lol.

drack
2012-08-12, 07:44 PM
Little ship: yup, that's the one

Unclaimed: nope, he's in the new group. He doesn't really have land, so he's setting down roots like all the other fledglings. :smalltongue: (he's been in for a few weeks now)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 07:45 PM
Oh did they arrive?

Well if they wish to make a claim they should perhaps note it to the current inhabitants. lol.
Or you know.. be willing to talk... or I suppose fight.. *sighs*

Lexin
2012-08-12, 07:47 PM
Krakens are in line 40, coast is up, your forces down.

Several miles away? in a minute? ... man I guess we need to wait for Drack...

The map in recruitment was updated long time ago.

It was wilderness I guess.

I have no access to your OoC and IC ... and as far as I know we shouldn't check IC of other players...

drack
2012-08-12, 07:51 PM
they did... before you... :smalltongue:
Just that you new nations don't really know much about it. :smalltongue: (except cog who got them dropped n his head :smalltongue:)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 07:51 PM
Krakens are in line 40, coast is up, your forces down.
Coast? This is deep ocean I thought...

Several miles away? in a minute? ... man I guess we need to wait for Drack...
Doesn't matter it is just me and your entire force unless you take more than 60 rounds to kill then my stupidly large golem of stupidness shows up.

The map in recruitment was updated long time ago.
Old map is old.

It was wilderness I guess.

I have no access to your OoC and IC ... and as far as I know we shouldn't check IC of other players...
Yeah thats cool.
You can post in the Nations IC though, unless Drack said otherwise..*looks at drack*

I sense GM shiftyness here...
lol.

Anyway, Sushi time.

drack
2012-08-12, 07:57 PM
I thought it was deep-ish ocean too (a few miles off at least) Though I think that was just for your reference...

Anywho yeah they have their own thread. :smallbiggrin: (Basks in DM shiftiness)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 08:02 PM
Well Lexin dude your commander is up first. Unleash your nightmares upon me. :smallsmile:

Lexin
2012-08-12, 08:06 PM
Commander: Casting Astral Construct
Arriving next round in his initiative

drack
2012-08-12, 08:13 PM
Gaiyamato: I think that comment about the shore being at the top, ships at the bottom was in reference to you starting behind enemy lines rather then next to a "K" for kroken :smalltongue: likely below as you came from the direction of the ships.

Lexin
2012-08-12, 08:15 PM
Gaiyamato: I think that comment about the shore being at the top, ships at the bottom was in reference to you starting behind enemy lines rather then next to a "K" for kroken :smalltongue: likely below as you came from the direction of the ships.

Yes, that's what I meant...:smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 08:18 PM
Burzum

Spits a 60' line of directed acid at the Kraken in front of him (becomes a cone in the water).
[roll0] acid damage.
Reflex save DC 23 for half.
Stunning Breath, Greater: Fort DC 23 or be stunned for [roll1] rounds.

If take any damage Roll saves vs poison or take immediate ability score damage:
[roll2] STR
[roll3] DEX
[roll4] CON
[roll5] INT
[roll6] WIS
All Fort DC: 36

Just to note unless your leader is immune to fear or has 30 Hit Dice he had to take a fear save DC 19. I am assuming that he is 30 Hit dice though.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 08:19 PM

So I would be CY 23 then?

ooh nasty, surrounded...

Lexin
2012-08-12, 08:21 PM
reflex [roll0] (fail unless 20)

Fort [roll1]
Fort [roll2]
Fort [roll3]
Fort [roll4]
Fort [roll5]

drack
2012-08-12, 08:22 PM
So I would be CY 23 then?

ooh nasty, surrounded...

Yup :smalltongue: didn't think they'd make it easy for you now did you?

*DM switches from basking in shiftyness to basking in laziness as for once someone else is commanding the superhugecrazy army* :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 08:24 PM
Yup :smalltongue: didn't think they'd make it easy for you now did you?

No.. not that I was expecting more than a random encounter. lol.

Lexin he needs to save vs the stun.

Lexin
2012-08-12, 08:30 PM
Krakens are in row 40, so I would assume you are somewhere there

Kraken 1 attack

Fort vs stun [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

2x Kraken
approaching the enemy

V12
approaching the enemy

DM

Everything else
... unless there is a nice system for str check vs durability of a body and shredding ppl apart, they are all flying south to meet the fleet (or swimming if they cannot fly)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 08:31 PM
Ok my screen the Krakens are in row 19-21.

Also your kraken misses.

drack
2012-08-12, 08:33 PM
All

Yeah thats cool.
You can post in the Nations IC though, unless Drack said otherwise..*looks at drack*

I sense GM shiftyness here...
lol.
Making the "head go" a trickster god with political inclinations... best idea ever. :smallwink:

Lexin

I think thousands of people moving past him is the sort of thing he'll notice. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-12, 08:34 PM
Ok my screen the Krakens are in row 19-21.

Also your kraken misses.

Yeah I thought it would miss... it only attacked you cause you hurt it...

19-21 are Kuo-Toa if you need to know. Krakens are in 40 (the slightly blue ones)

DM
I don't care if he notices it. He can attack just a number of ppl at the time... + thee is a chance someone would grab and hold him... (Commander is staying)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 08:35 PM
Burzum yells out through the water.

"COME ON! THAT IS ALL YOU GOT???!!! KILL MEE!!!!"

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 08:36 PM
Yeah I thought it would miss... it only attacked you cause you hurt it...

19-21 are Kuo-Toa if you need to know. Krakens are in 40 (the slightly blue ones)

ahhh I thought Krakens were massive.. no worries.
I would have to be at CZ 41 then.

Lexin
2012-08-12, 08:38 PM
DM
I don't care if he notices it. He can attack just a number of ppl at the time... + thee is a chance someone would grab and hold him... (Commander is staying)
Should I delete the units or move them really slowly?

Commander- Astral construct forms, and they both dive into the water .

drack
2012-08-12, 08:41 PM
Guiy: you notice everyone else swimming past you...
You also suddenly realize the massochism spell on you give out as it is from BoVD and shouldn't be on you. :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 08:45 PM
OOC: Swipe at anything that comes in reach, which is probably nothing given I am assuming a few Kraken remain to tie me up.
Is it my turn again now then?

IC:
Burzum chuckles and nods at the air above him.

Back in the command ship one of the wizards sends a command word down into the deep. There something truly massive stirs in the blackest of waters. Moving to block the enemy forces.

Up above the fightercraft and bombers detach from the aircraft carrier and fly out forward to meet the oncoming force. Troops begin loading their guns and fixing bayonets on board all thousand of the troop transport vessels.

Lexin
2012-08-12, 08:49 PM
Hmm a fight between:

Burzum
and
3 Kraken
3 Constructs (3 to arrive in 5 turns)
Commander (1 turn)

Should we just take these units from the map, and assume they moved forward, then they meet something else... some would stay and so on?

drack
2012-08-12, 08:58 PM
Can always move them to the top and put a box around them to show they're separate... :smallbiggrin:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 09:04 PM
Yeah sounds fine to me.

Lexin
2012-08-12, 09:06 PM
Done,

Your turn Gaiyamato (Unless talking/sending was all)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 09:14 PM
Burzum turn 2.

Burzum attacks the Kraken he is already engaged with, not overly caring much about the rest of the enemy force moving on.

Step into the Kraken attacking me. Kraken is auto incapacitated from aura of decay.
Coup-de-grace on Kraken. [roll0]x2 Fort Dc 10+damage total or die. EDIT: DC 50
If it survives it needs to save vs the ability score damage again or take the 1D8 damage to each score. If it is still alive after that then it needs to save against Filth fever, Red ache and Slimy doom each or contract them.

Lexin
2012-08-12, 09:27 PM
I don't really understand how did you get Auto-incapacitated ...

Although AoO [roll0]
[roll1]

If it really is incapacitated...
[roll2] save

After that it really is incapacitated from really low abilities, so it would slowly drown.

Other 2 Krakens would catch the first one... and run away...

Constructs
using teleportation to get them closer...
(1 round to arrive)

Commander:
Construct type
Arrives and drops a dispel
+43 bonus, do I need to roll?

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 09:33 PM
Nauseated. It can do nothing except move a standard move action each round and can be coup de graced. All in the srd.
The corpse of the dead kraken still contains the diseases, so the other two Kraken would need to save also if they want to take the dead Kraken with them.

Dispel Shield auto stops the dispel magic. You dispel nothing.
Lost my dispel shield though.

Burzum ignores the fleeing Kraken (who should have been panicked anyway..) and shoots through the water like a bullet for 100' toward the enemy commander.

Lexin
2012-08-13, 04:55 AM
Coup de grace works when the target is helpless

Nauseated allows move actions and doesn't list helpless as one of effects.
Nauseated
Experiencing stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.
Could be wrong though...

Commander:
Dropping second dispel (fluff wise: still hoping that all the rotting and diseases are spells and he wouldn't need to touch all of this... :smalltongue:)

Construct 1

Attack
[roll0]
[roll1]

Construct 2 and 3: getting closer

drack
2012-08-13, 06:02 AM
So, Gaiyamato. Did you just fly ahead of your ships or did you stop them? I mean if you en up waiting around for Lexin to post you could always toss your formations on the map a ways away or something. :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-13, 07:31 AM
Drack:
I just flew ahead of them and slowed them down. They have still been coming just very slowly.

I'll put the ships in there when this fight is done because there will still be a long time between the clash of the armies. :P

Lexin:
Helpless is one of those wonderfully vague areas. But if you are denied your dex to AC and cannot attack you are helpless. You can even be helpless for a round if snuck up on. All sorts of stuff. A nauseated character crawling along the ground slowly while vomiting usually would constitute helpless. Though thinking about it a Kraken in deep ocean is not in such a bad state aye.. Happy for Drack to rule either way because the Kraken is out of this battle regardless for now.

Your dispel is auto dispelled, though my magical defenses are getting a little thin on the ground now if it makes you happier. lol.

Your construct misses.

Here is the million dollar Q: Are you personally immune to being nauseated? Are you immune to disease?
Because I am about to give you a great big hug and a very very sloppy wet kiss... <3

Burning 1 charge from belt of battle for free move action.
Standard move action move within 30 feet. Ignoring the construct as even if it hit me it cannot do anything of any consequence.

Spitting Acid into your face. 60 foot line (becomes a cone in water).
[roll0] Acid damage
Reflex save DC 23 for half. None if you have Evasion.
Stunning Breath, Greater: Fort DC 23 or be stunned for [roll1] rounds.

If take any damage Roll saves vs poison or take immediate ability score damage:
[roll2] STR - even works if you are immune to ability score damage.
[roll3] DEX
[roll4] CON - even works if you are immune to ability score damage.
[roll5] INT - even works if you are immune to ability score damage.
[roll6] WIS
All Fort DC: 36
All of them ignore immunity to poison and even work on constructs and undead. Ignore any if you lack an ability score entirely (like undead with no Con etc.).

Using daily action from Bracers of Blinding Strike.
Full round action.

If you are not stunned/nauseated it will be a Grapple. Else it will be a coup-de-grace attempt.

Lexin
2012-08-13, 07:46 AM
Helpless is one of those wonderfully vague areas. But if you are denied your dex to AC and cannot attack you are helpless. You can even be helpless for a round if snuck up on. All sorts of stuff. A nauseated character crawling along the ground slowly while vomiting usually would constitute helpless. Though thinking about it a Kraken in deep ocean is not in such a bad state aye.. Happy for Drack to rule either way because the Kraken is out of this battle regardless for now.
Helpless include
otherwise completely at an opponent’s mercy.
I can agree that surprise attack would work. But it is like cutting someones throat, Nauseated creatures have move actions, so they can run away thus are not helpless. Other than that they have no penalty to AC so it isn't easier to get to them to slowly 'take 20' on attack (which is kind of a part to coup de grace)

I don't even think that Dazed would work, because even though you cannot do any action, you still have no penalty to AC, which means you can somehow protect yourself...

About your attack... I will assume it was all for the round (not sure because of the coup de grace etc line in the end)

...Your attack was ineffective... the commander is where he was as if nothing happened

Could you tell me what is this:

Using daily action from Bracers of Blinding Strike.
Full round action.

Also was it:
swift - belt of battle
move action - getting closer
standard - acid
... IDK - bracers?

AoO from construct

[roll0]
[roll1]

drack
2012-08-13, 09:01 AM
Gonna have to say no to nauseated-> helpless. It is a rather common condition, but I think of it more as unconscious/paralyzed then sick/scared

Lexin
2012-08-13, 09:35 AM
Hmm, so the Kraken is alive... but close to dying. Anyway last actions stand as they were. (other krakens drag him away)

I guess it means grapple attempt vs my main character (if you can manage it in move action ... or the acid spitting was one...)

If you don't have Improved Grapple then AoO
[roll0]
[roll1]

Anti-grapple
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Commander:
Dispel
Tactical teleportation behind the constructs (40-50 ft)

Construct 1-3
[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

drack
2012-08-13, 09:45 AM
Hmm, so high numbers Vs cleverness and shady tactics. :smalltongue:
Gonna place my bets on wit, and on that the orcs will either claim a bit of land or withdraw leaving both players alive. :smalltongue:

My bet is by the end you''ll both also have gained decent xp and have stronger militias then the other players. :smallcool: Then again these are just the idle thoughts of a mad DM. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-13, 09:59 AM
Hmm who is tactics and who is numbers?

...:thog: never mind...

... but peaceful solutions are kind of difficult to accomplish in this situation...

(At least from what I know... which isn't much)

Drack

Maybe you should tell the other guys in IC that it is new day already...
(maybe they are waiting for this)

Also how deep is it here (where we are fighting right now)

drack
2012-08-13, 10:08 AM
Well, we'll see. :smalltongue: After all that's just my prediction.

Anywho oceans I'm making as thousands of feet deep (allowing some pretty big fish), so since you're a ways out, it's probably hundreds of feet... Speaking of which tell me if any blood get stilt in the water. :smallamused:

Lexin
2012-08-13, 10:12 AM
Well, we'll see. :smalltongue: After all that's just my prediction.

Anywho oceans I'm making as thousands of feet deep (allowing some pretty big fish), so since you're a ways out, it's probably hundreds of feet... Speaking of which tell me if any blood get stilt in the water. :smallamused:

Kraken got slashed up a little. (claws and all)

Other than that... I don't think so...

Gaiyamato
2012-08-14, 02:29 AM
Gonna have to say no to nauseated-> helpless. It is a rather common condition, but I think of it more as unconscious/paralyzed then sick/scared

No sweat so long as I know.

Kraken got slashed up a little. (claws and all)

Other than that... I don't think so...
Yeah there would be some kraken blood in the water.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-14, 02:39 AM
If you are nauseated you don't get AoO and are not able to respond to grapples though. Nauseated entry makes that clear.

Also can you label what your rolls were for?

RE: the dispel is it a greater dispel or a normal dispel?

Lexin
2012-08-14, 05:14 AM
If you are nauseated you don't get AoO and are not able to respond to grapples though. Nauseated entry makes that clear.

Yes but I am not... unless you can get Nauseated without having a stomach...

(3 posts before)

...Your attack was ineffective... the commander is where he was as if nothing happened

Also can you label what your rolls were for?
The ones labeled anti-grapple are grapple checks, cause you mentioned grappling and as far as I remember it was opposite rolls...

The ones labeled 'Construct 1-3' are simple slam attacks with
Attack
damage

Attack
damage

sequence...

RE: the dispel is it a greater dispel or a normal dispel?
The dispel is actually a psionic one if it makes a difference.
Bonus to roll +43 (breaking cl 33 on 1 ... if you have better cl tell me and I will roll it)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-14, 05:24 AM
Unless you are immune to the effects of nausea you are nauseated. Even oozes can be nauseated. Means no AoO, auto grappled and no spells.

Drack: Is psionic/magic even transparency in effect? If so then it is low enough to be dispelled. So no worries. If not then it has no effect at all anyway. :smalltongue:
The constructs missed.

Lexin
2012-08-14, 05:26 AM
Unless you are immune to the effects of nausea you are nauseated. Even oozes can be nauseated. Means no AoO, auto grappled and no spells.

Can Constructs or Undead be nauseated? It doesn't have any sense...

Edit: Immunity to Nausea is not even mentioned in SRD creature types... So there is no immunity to your auto kill?

Edit2: What do you have there what kills all the dispels? I thought it would be a tiny bit more difficult to have dispel immunity...

Edit3: Ahh and transparency is in effect (I asked before) and even if not I can use the arcane one too...

Gaiyamato
2012-08-14, 06:15 AM
Looking at them:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#constructType

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#undeadType

Generally not no. Not that many things cause nausea either. Most creatures that cause it are themselves immune to it. Except Dretches so I once found out. lol. They can cast stinking cloud as a SLA but are not themselves immune.

I have found maybe a dozen or so creatures in the entire game that immune to sickness/nausea. Hence why I decided to use it.

Pathfinder added the immunity in to a lot of different things, such as undead, constructs and even Barbarians.
But 3.5 seems to have left it out.
EDIT:
Actually seems that not even pathfinder added it in, except for Barbarians!
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/creature-types#TOC-Undead

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/creature-types#TOC-Construct

Aborbtion was negating your spells because you were targeting me and not a specific spell. But that just ran out (unless you have some level 2 or lower spells you want to cast at me first). So next dispel all of my stuff goes. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-14, 06:36 AM
Okay, I just cannot see how something without stomach can be nauseated (construct, Undead)

If these 2 types are immune, then I am too.

If not... I have a problem I guess.

Okay, if you think that constructs/undead are immune, then my actions stay as they were.
... if not, sorry but I will wait for Drack to decide...

Aborbtion was negating your spells because you were targeting me and not a specific spell. But that just ran out (unless you have some level 2 or lower spells you want to cast at me first). So next dispel all of my stuff goes.
Ahh, I see... I was getting worried for a while :smalltongue:

drack
2012-08-14, 06:42 AM
Drack: Is psionic/magic even transparency in effect? If so then it is low enough to be dispelled. So no worries. If not then it has no effect at all anyway. :smalltongue:
The constructs missed.
yup, in affect. Also worth noting that dispel is a homeberew ability, hence the outright silly mod...

Can Constructs or Undead be nauseated? It doesn't have any sense...

Don't think so... As I recall it's not that common a thing. Some that deserve it probably have it, and, and mindless ones too (just out of common sense, can't retch when you can't think about it). After all we all know how elitist lichees for instance can be, so they'd probably act in the human way.

Barbarians.
Lol, anyways giving that immunity to mindless undeads and (mindless) constructs. :smallcool:

Okay, I just cannot see how something without stomach can be nauseated (construct, Undead)

Through memory/instinct (placebo, or programing) for the most part, though it could be argued as to how decayed muscles give you a higher strength score when it's magic moving your limbs... =p Guess it magically causes your boy to function much as it did in many ways. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-14, 06:49 AM
... you mean, even if I am a construct I still got nauseated... (never had to eat in his life and now he has stomachache?)

If it is so... are strength ability checks considered
anything else requiring attention ?
It is just shrugging somebody off...

drack
2012-08-14, 07:11 AM
Not sure what the strength bit correlates too, but yeah, you're programed to think and experience emotion, and the like, and are therefore allowed to be disturbed/agitated/feel sick as a result of something that disgusting. It's not necessarily that you're vomiting, just that you are disabled in a similar manner by your sense of disgust.
Edit: oh yeah, and where's that last bit from again? :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-14, 07:20 AM
Strength is for grapple which I was told auto-succeeds on nauseated creatures.

... you mean that if I change my type solely to get some immunities of this type, I still don't get them because I remember what that I wasn't immune... okay...

Two questions:

-for future reference, is there anything that protects from this auto-killing ability? (not being mindless with it...)

-is there any time limit or anything or is he nauseated for the rest of his life?

In this case (assuming nausea and grapple) Commander is howling (allowed swift, non using concentration action) DC 72 (fort) [roll0] rounds of Daze. (no, it isn't mind affecting, fear or anything like that, it is like gaze, but sound-based)

Edit: If you are Dazed, my character gets away.

drack
2012-08-14, 07:34 AM
Judging by this:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#nauseated
it looks like you're still allowed to make opposed grapple checks (pushing them away, waving off help, dodging them, ect.) In fact not really even seeing how this is helpless :smallconfused:, just limiting to action economy... (think clutching your stomach in pain, or directing all your mental focus to blocking out what you're looking at)

There are defiantly multiple things by RAW alone as that's how D&D works, though I'd need to dig a bit to pull up one that would apply to your character.

I think the ability causing it only works within a range...

Edit: also don't scorn the construct part, that's what's saving you from his other death effect... :smallcool:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-14, 08:13 AM
Yeah your construct stuff is stopping a bunch of other nasty things.
Ok so you can make opposed grapple rolls. That actually makes more sense than not allowing it all now I think on it. Being hugged by the thing making you feel disgusted would not be high on a list of wants.
My bonus is +36. So it is worth rolling just in case. I just wanted to see if I can transmit my diseases to you, but construct/undead are immune to them, so my grapple wont do much anyway.

[roll0]
EDIT:You beat me off...

Also my aura of decay causes extreme disgust. It works like an aura of evil, good, courage etc. So no need for a stomach to feel nauseated.

Lexin
2012-08-14, 09:01 AM
Okay, so if I still cannot use dispel... Dazing Howl (DC and duration mentioned above) + moving away (1 move action... 80 ft, behind one of the constructs)

Roll save (fort) and it is your turn.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-14, 11:21 AM
Cannot take any actions except normal move while nauseated.
No spells, activated abilities etc.

Lexin
2012-08-14, 11:24 AM
unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention
... I guess howling (not really needing attention) would work... whatever

He got far away from you, your turn.

drack
2012-08-14, 11:33 AM
Sort of like crying out... anywho I'd probably allow things like talking too, but lets just double check: Lexin, is howling a free action? :smallbiggrin:

Lexin
2012-08-14, 11:43 AM
Sort of like crying out... anywho I'd probably allow things like talking too, but lets just double check: Lexin, is howling a free action? :smallbiggrin:

Swift action

drack
2012-08-14, 12:05 PM
Hmm, I think being limited to move actions doesn't allow swift...

Gaiyamato
2012-08-14, 10:20 PM
No it doesn't.
It also says:

The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.

Which to me says not even free actions anyway.

drack
2012-08-14, 10:35 PM
No it doesn't.
It also says:

Which to me says not even free actions anyway.

Eh, Fee actions are never entirely suppressed, after all there are countless ones in every moment of life. :smalltongue:
(breathing, ect), and you could expect someone nauseate to wretch, moan, and speak (though not shout out commands, ect.) They could drop what they're holding, ect. So if it was free perhaps. Anywho I think that makes is your turn Gaiy (one move action made)
Edit: Oh yeah, and out of curiosity what are the origins of your username? :smallbiggrin:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-14, 11:03 PM
My username? lol
I joined a forum called Animeleague back in 2002 and the Gai- prefix means "not of" or "Not from" and Yamato is the old old pluralistic name for Japanese, though it later became only a province name.
So Gaiyamato means "I am not Japanese" in ancient Japanese.
I was trolling anime fans essentially. lol

My action is to move next to him.

"I move faster than you, you cannot escape. There is nothing you can do. Surrender now and I will be merciful. I am willing to discuss terms that are not too detrimental, given that your actions were taken in the defense of an ally. Become my vassal and I shall set you free, spare the deaths of our men in pointless battle. Just tap my leg to indicate your compliance."

Done.

drack
2012-08-14, 11:09 PM
Username: lol, knew there was some witty joke in there. :smallbiggrin:

Your opponent vanishes. :smallcool:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-14, 11:26 PM
Awwww.

Well Lexin. Would be willing to discuss a cease fire?
All I want to do is cross your stretch of water and I am willing to relinquish my claims to it and perhaps even pay for my ships crossing if you are willing to retreat and allow us to cross.

Lexin
2012-08-15, 05:12 AM
... your vassal?
No...

About discussing cease fire, for now even if I wanted to OoC... it would be poor roleplay if I did (and if I were my own DM in this case there would be exp penalty for forgetting all of my characters beliefs only on 3rd day in another world...).

Anyway there would be 3 AoO from constructs... I assume they only hit on 20 ...

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
(+55)

And it isn't much for crossing the water... although I don't think I am supposed to do your scouts job, especially in OoC talk...

Anyway, this round you cannot see commander anywhere, so you can attack constructs I guess, look for him around... or chase all these guys that are about to attack your fleet...
... or something entirely else, I guess

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 05:23 AM
How did you vanish given that you were not able to make any actions?
I thought Drack just did a GM job to spirit you out of the way.

But if it was not Drack then it was not possible.

Lexin
2012-08-15, 05:43 AM
...It is ... and I must say I don't really want to share all my secrets...

But some ways are quite obvious:
- Getting someone else to teleport/otherwise transport you
- Hiding inside one of constructs :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 06:01 AM
Hmm fair enough. You make some valid points. Drack would not have allowed it if it was not legal.
Fine. What to do.. :smalltongue:
I have used up all of my tricks. I am pretty screwed now. lol.

I do have true seeing if that would reveal you. If not I guess it is time to skedaddle. I can play the same game. :smalltongue:

"Return me to the fortress. I am done here."

High Wizard on board the ship will teleport me back to the flying fortress through the scrying pool.

Lexin
2012-08-15, 06:27 AM
So... should we proceed to next stage of this 'war' ?

You mentioned something between your fleet, and us fighting.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 06:57 AM
Well if you want to.
I'd much rather find a peaceful resolution. But if you have your heart set on a huge battle. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-15, 07:12 AM
Well if you want to.
I'd much rather find a peaceful resolution. But if you have your heart set on a huge battle. :smalltongue:

Okay, I probably shouldn't say anything about this (because we never talked to each other, so we shouldn't know anything neither...) but here:

IC 'why are we fighting' :
- You want to conquer these lands... I am already there;
- My whole nations is nature friendly/traditional/lawful - You want to cut down the forest, look like personification of rot and disease/ from what I know you have some things related to science (submarines) so no for traditional ways/ and orcs are not known for obeying laws... This makes us quite opposite nations
- I was asked to protect this forest, and you are trying to destroy it
- ... after few seconds of battle (after you've seen about 10% of my abilities) you are telling, talking to quite a proud and stubborn man, that he could be your vassal... He kind of wanted to talk about peaceful solutions after testing you... but it seems like you failed your test... (from now on you have something like -30 penalty to diplomacy...)

OOC:
- I really wanted to test the combat system with this (small) amount of troops. And it doesn't do well for now... spreading 10k troops took a lot of work and made a huge map in editgrid... I cannot even imagine how would it look like with something like 100k...
- That and I wanted to see how my character compares to another.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 07:20 AM
The IC stuff is .. wrong. Burzum himself is decay but the orcs are not far from it. I am not entirely sure where you are getting that from *looks at drack*

Plus I actually told your Kraken that I did not want to cut down the forest.
I also said IC that I am willing to drop my claim to your areas.

Conquering =/= destroying. Though perhaps there will be some of that.
However I did make this clear IC to the Kraken.

You were in a position unable to do anything. Hence the offer of vassalage. But with the tables turned I am more than willing to discuss different terms. Burzum showed himself flexible. Your argument is extremely.. naive. o_O

OOC:
No sweat, I kind of want to also. lol.
You only have 10K troops?? I only brought less than half my forces and I am fielding over 50 times that. :smalltongue:
Plus even my golem alone could mince through half of your forces before you bought it down.
I offered the proposition of peace because your army is way hideously overmatched.

Lexin
2012-08-15, 07:35 AM
The IC stuff is .. wrong. Burzum himself is decay but the orcs are not far from it. I am not entirely sure where you are getting that from *looks at drack*
I don't have much of information about your nation. I listed most of it.

Plus I actually told your Kraken that I did not want to cut down the forest.
I also said IC that I am willing to drop my claim to your areas.

Conquering =/= destroying. Though perhaps there will be some of that.
However I did make this clear IC to the Kraken.

Kraken talks:
I am also willing to negotiate the protection of the more important portions of the forest if it means so much to you. I merely wish to be able to place regular orc settlements in the area and claim dominion.
... some portions of the forest? (my nation isn't cutting even one tree...)
... claim dominion? sounds fun for all that live there...

You were in a position unable to do anything. Hence the offer of vassalage. But with the tables turned I am more than willing to discuss different terms. Burzum showed himself flexible. Your argument is extremely.. childish and naive. o_O

Unable to do anything...
Childish and naive...
He fought you using only basic abilities he could use, dispel and astral construct + howl (he didn't actually used in the end). You managed to do something, not much though everything except nausea failed and already talk like you conquered the world.
This is kind of insulting...
+ nausea shouldn't work either (living construct, having only few of construct immunities are still immune to nausea, it would be logical to assume that full constructs are immune just as well)
Ahh, and I haven't seen the 'flexible' part... everything I've seen was like conquer/obey/ maybe we will let you live...

OOC:
No sweat, I kind of want to also. lol.
You only have 10K troops?? I only brought less than half my forces and I am fielding over 50 times that. :smalltongue:
Plus even my golem alone could mince through half of your forces before you bought it down.
I offered the proposition of peace because your army is way hideously overmatched.
... the 10k troops are not my full force... it is more like scouts... just something I could throw at your forces to slow them down a little without losing anything on my part...

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 08:54 AM
I don't think we are reading my words in the same tone.

The point of offering at least some form of a diplomatic solution instead of attacking you on the last turn when I could have crippled you was lost on you then?

Clearly subtlety is a bit lost on you. Either that or your leader is a mindless zealot of some sort.

Lexin
2012-08-15, 09:02 AM
I don't think we are reading my words in the same tone.

The point of offering at least some form of a diplomatic solution instead of attacking you on the last turn when I could have crippled you was lost on you then?

The part you said after I vanished? I don't think my character could have heard that.
And, unless you have some ace in your sleeve, you were far from crippling me.

And yes, we probably aren't reading your words in the same tone, that's part of conversation. Especially if you hear the conversation not only from second hand, but probably from fourth or fifth...

Also telling someone to be your vassal is quite far from diplomacy, it is conquering, just with less use of army...

drack
2012-08-15, 09:03 AM
It wasn't Drack, it is possible, and I'm afraid I can't tell you. All I can say is that it looked like he was being pulled away back to something at unimaginable speeds via magic. :smallcool:
Edit: darned page turn. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-15, 09:05 AM
It wasn't Drack, it is possible, and I'm afraid I can't tell you. All I can say is that it looked like he was being pulled away back to something at unimaginable speeds via magic. :smallcool:

And the part about constructs being immune to nausea? (seeing as living constructs are...)

drack
2012-08-15, 09:14 AM

:smallsigh: don't look at me. :smalltongue:

kraken: I actually gave him the whole thing word for word summarizing only a few non-speech parts. :smallcool:

I think the pollution/rot element came from the description of your character (which I borrowed from your words)

Lexin, stop making your opponent overconfident, it's working too well. :smalltongue:

"Childish"
I think this is just referring to that you aren't doing the give an take thing with this invasion.
"Naive"
Not taking sides on this one, but because he thinks you're misinformed about his character, stance, and intents.

Hope this helped. :smallbiggrin:

Constructs: OK, where are living constructs then? :smallsigh:

Lexin
2012-08-15, 09:16 AM

Eberron (warforged)

drack
2012-08-15, 09:30 AM
Eberron (warforged)

Warforged have their own set of construct traits. In many they're not as good as construct strengths, but they have their benefits and weaknesses. All the same just as pointing out an undead with a different set of immunities it doesn't make all constructs immune... :smallcool:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 09:32 AM
I said it before you vanished. But ok. lol.

I do agree with the vassal bit. But it made sense given Burzum's character and your seemingly crippled position. If conquest and destruction was all he sought Burzum have just dealt obscene amounts of ability score damage to you in a single round (I could have taken 12D8 off STR and INT) which would have reduced something to zero or close to of either STR or INT (assuming you have no CON score, else CON as well). I was just stuffing about this entire combat because you have no way of hurting me, let alone defeating me. I attempted to demonstrate that, as well as my peaceful intentions.

So following any logic I made three diplomatic attempts through the Kraken to offer a diplomatic solution that does not involve conquest of any sort, then I held back in combat, seeking only to incapacitate instead of kill, then I made another offer of a diplomatic solution, albeit not a very favourable one (understatement lol.). I held my army and my Golem back from the fight.
Making it kind of clear that Burzum is the opposite from what your character seems to be thinking...

Let us look at your IC actions however. You have been imperious, arrogant, demanding, aloof and seem bent on nothing other than war.
In fact the only character seeking war has been you so far. lol.
"Testing" A fellow level 30 epic character is both naive and quite arrogant. lol.

Anyway. I'll make an IC post here now. I think IC communication might serve us better.

--------------------------------

From the depths of the ocean a massive figure of metallic ice rises from the dark, it's fists large enough to engulf the entire force of Kraken alone. Within it's range all magic ceases to function, all scrying and all ability to communicate with the underwater forces are lost.

OOC: AMF 150 feet. from the Colossal+ sized Colossus. :smalltongue:
Does not actually cover a lot.

--------------------------------

Burzum stood on the deck of his transport ship and spoke out loud, his voice ringing across the sea. "Know this. My force is but the vanguard, there shall be millions upon millions seeking to traverse these waters very soon. If you lack the ability to defeat even my forces then how do you think you shall fare against the horsemen of the prophecy when they arrive? Your actions so far have been noble, albeit warmongering. I offer you one final chance of parlay and an offer to peacefully negotiate a way out of this standoff before the others arrive and destroy you.
Perhaps my words earlier regarding vassalage were hasty. Let me rectify this situation with you. You have one minute to either appear yourself to discuss this. You will not be fired upon or attacked. You have my word."

----------------------------------

Drack

Between my summoners we conjure up 12 Fiendish Gargantuan Monstrous Crab, 32 Fiendish Huge Monstrous Crab and 112 Fiendish Medium Monstrous Crab, 40 Fiendish dire eel.
The 20 Balors will jump in the water from the carrier ship with the 1000 Nashrou Demons (who are surprisingly good swimmers. o_O lol.)
The fighters and bombers will continue to circle.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 09:36 AM
:smallsigh: don't look at me. :smalltongue:

kraken: I actually gave him the whole thing word for word summarizing only a few non-speech parts. :smallcool:

Yeah the RL tone is missing though. I think that is where some it went wrong. lol.

I think the pollution/rot element came from the description of your character (which I borrowed from your words)

Well Yes Burzum has that going. lol.
But his army is more early industrial-nepoleonic orcs with the whole frost/darkness thing going. Not exactly the nicest looking guys but not rot and decay is all. lol.

Lexin, stop making your opponent overconfident, it's working too well. :smalltongue:
:smallwink:

"Childish"
I think this is just referring to that you aren't doing the give an take thing with this invasion.
"Naive"
Not taking sides on this one, but because he thinks you're misinformed about his character, stance, and intents.
I meant those terms ICly not to Lexin himself so you know. His character seems to be lacking insight to subtlety and any negotiating skills. If that was his intention then no worries. But it makes dealing with him frustrating because no matter the approach fighting him is the only option open to anyone who encounters him.

Hope this helped. :smallbiggrin:

Eberron. Though that was clearly ninja'd. lol.

And the part about constructs being immune to nausea? (seeing as living constructs are...)

The fact that some of them note that specifically shows how much the others are NOT immune. If they were it would be noted.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 10:01 AM
Edit: darned page turn. :smalltongue:

Almost missed this.
So my wizards with Arcane sight and myself with True seeing saw nothing else?

Cool effect dude. *Tips hat to Lexin*

Lexin
2012-08-15, 10:17 AM
OOC, if you are interested...

I do agree with the vassal bit. But it made sense given Burzum's character and your seemingly crippled position. If conquest and destruction was all he sought Burzum have just dealt obscene amounts of ability score damage to you in a single round (I could have taken 12D8 off STR and INT) which would have reduced something to zero or close to of either STR or INT (assuming you have no CON score, else CON as well). I was just stuffing about this entire combat because you have no way of hurting me, let alone defeating me. I attempted to demonstrate that, as well as my peaceful intentions.

Okay, Drack you are right... He is seriously underestimating me...

In comparison you think I used all my resources and abilities and really tried to kill you? Dropping dispel and attacking you with 3 constructs?
I didn't even start hurting you already assume I am not capable of that? Interesting... Still if I wasn't capable of defeating you, you would have conquered this world by now, and this whole game wouldn't make sense. There is always a way...

So following any logic I made three diplomatic attempts through the Kraken to offer a diplomatic solution that does not involve conquest of any sort, then I held back in combat, seeking only to incapacitate instead of kill, then I made another offer of a diplomatic solution, albeit not a very favourable one (understatement lol.). I held my army and my Golem back from the fight.

I already quoted your conversation with kraken, there is nothing diplomatic or peaceful in leaving you the forest and leaving 'some important parts'...

You held back, I held back... if that counts as diplomacy I think we could say we actually are not at war...

Holding back army... yes we both did...

Let us look at your IC actions however. You have been imperious, arrogant, demanding, aloof and seem bent on nothing other than war.
In fact the only character seeking war has been you so far. lol.
"Testing" A fellow level 30 epic character is both naive and quite arrogant. lol.
Arrogant yes, my character is arrogant. Naive... no, getting information about potential ally or enemy is never naive, especially if there is no danger in doing so...
As for other things... I am quite sure you've never talked to my character... or anyone from my nation, so I am quite surprised you know so much about him...
I don't know what was demanding, he was supposed to be imperious and arrogant, not sure what was it about aloof (I don't know what he did to earn this... but there is a chance I just need to find a better dictionary)

Ahh, and the vassal talk was from my point of view: imperious, arrogant and naive. I don't know if it was supposed to be like that.

About the 'only thinking about war' part... not really true. He is defending here.

From the depths of the ocean a massive figure of metallic ice rises from the dark, it's fists large enough to engulf the entire force of Kraken alone. Within it's range all magic ceases to function, all scrying and all ability to communicate with the underwater forces are lost.

OOC: AMF 150 feet. from the Colossal+ sized Colossus.
Does not actually cover a lot.
Could be translation problem, 'force of Kraken' meaning one Kraken or all... 31 of them?
If the second then I think he is a bit larger than his AMF ...

Burzum stood on the deck of his transport ship and spoke out loud, his voice ringing across the sea. "Know this. My force is but the vanguard, there shall be millions upon millions seeking to traverse these waters very soon. If you lack the ability to defeat even my forces then how do you think you shall fare against the horsemen of the prophecy when they arrive? Your actions so far have been noble, albeit warmongering. I offer you one final chance of parlay and an offer to peacefully negotiate a way out of this standoff before the others arrive and destroy you.
Perhaps my words earlier regarding vassalage were hasty. Let me rectify this situation with you. You have one minute to either appear yourself to discuss this. You will not be fired upon or attacked. You have my word."

Man, if this is what you call peaceful... I really need the dictionary here...

Ambross flies down from the clouds, with a cold smile on his face, he speaks quietly but the sound somehow reaches the ones that are supposed to hear his words:
"My purpose was never to defeat your vanguard, we are here to hopefully turn you around to where you came from. You come to conquer, you come to raze our Forest, and propose to leave some to us. Should we, the ones who are the defending side in this conflict, be called warmongers?
You threaten me with your army, saying that these is only the beginning, while you haven't seen even one of my soldiers.
You say that I shall hear your demands and agree to them, or you will destroy us?
Now, you give me one minute to come and talk to you? And you give me your word? Right now it seems that you like to twist your words so much that I am not sure if it is to be trusted.

Stop your fleet where you are, think over your attitude. If you want to talk, then an hour from now, when you calm yourself, we would talk.
If you want to fight, then we don't need to wait, you can shout your threats, try to insult us as you wish... it is part of war after all.
Just decide on one."

After that he waits in silence, slowly waving his huge wings.

drack
2012-08-15, 10:49 AM
Speaking boldly

Yeah the RL tone is missing though. I think that is where some it went wrong. lol. Well actually think I only paraphrased once or twice, so it really did have the same tone...

Well Yes Burzum has that going. lol.
But his army is more early industrial-nepoleonic orcs with the whole frost/darkness thing going. Not exactly the nicest looking guys but not rot and decay is all. lol.
yup

:smallwink:

I meant those terms ICly not to Lexin himself so you know. His character seems to be lacking insight to subtlety and any negotiating skills. If that was his intention then no worries. But it makes dealing with him frustrating because no matter the approach fighting him is the only option open to anyone who encounters him.
I think it's more that he's taking the "just say no" type approach... After all if some salamanders wanted to start a community in the hordelands how would you react? :smalltongue:

Eberron. Though that was clearly ninja'd. lol.
yup

The fact that some of them note that specifically shows how much the others are NOT immune. If they were it would be noted.

OOC, if you are interested...

Okay, Drack you are right... He is seriously underestimating me...
Yup, everyone's testing the waters. :smallcool: honestly lexin's probably to careful for a PK, and Gaiy is well enough warded that it would be hard. Overall I think it'll probably ed up a clash of armies with ... not giving spoilers... :smallcool:
In comparison you think I used all my resources and abilities and really tried to kill you? Dropping dispel and attacking you with 3 constructs?
I didn't even start hurting you already assume I am not capable of that? Interesting... Still if I wasn't capable of defeating you, you would have conquered this world by now, and this whole game wouldn't make sense. There is always a way...
yup.

I already quoted your conversation with kraken, there is nothing diplomatic or peaceful in leaving you the forest and leaving 'some important parts'...

You held back, I held back... if that counts as diplomacy I think we could say we actually are not at war...

Holding back army... yes we both did...

Arrogant yes, my character is arrogant. Naive... no, getting information about potential ally or enemy is never naive, especially if there is no danger in doing so...
As for other things... I am quite sure you've never talked to my character... or anyone from my nation, so I am quite surprised you know so much about him... Ease up mate, that's just how psychological probing goes. You toss out a guess and gauge it for real by their reaction. :smalltongue:
I don't know what was demanding, he was supposed to be imperious and arrogant, not sure what was it about aloof (I don't know what he did to earn this... but there is a chance I just need to find a better dictionary)

Ahh, and the vassal talk was from my point of view: imperious, arrogant and naive. I don't know if it was supposed to be like that.

About the 'only thinking about war' part... not really true. He is defending here.

Could be translation problem, 'force of Kraken' meaning one Kraken or all... 31 of them?
If the second then I think he is a bit larger than his AMF ...

Man, if this is what you call peaceful... I really need the dictionary here... Peaceful so far as war goes? :smalltongue:

Ambross flies down from the clouds, with a cold smile on his face, he speaks quietly but the sound somehow reaches the ones that are supposed to hear his words:
"My purpose was never to defeat your vanguard, we are here to hopefully turn you around to where you came from. You come to conquer, you come to raze our Forest, and propose to leave some to us. Should we, the ones who are the defending side in this conflict, be called warmongers?
You threaten me with your army, saying that these is only the beginning, while you haven't seen even one of my soldiers.
You say that I shall hear your demands and agree to them, or you will destroy us?
Now, you give me one minute to come and talk to you? And you give me your word? Right now it seems that you like to twist your words so much that I am not sure if it is to be trusted.

Stop your fleet where you are, think over your attitude. If you want to talk, then an hour from now, when you calm yourself, we would talk.
If you want to fight, then we don't need to wait, you can shout your threats, try to insult us as you wish... it is part of war after all.
Just decide on one."

After that he waits in silence, slowly waving his huge wings.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 04:31 PM
OOC: Good points on the conversation. Interesting.

I have seen at least one of your soldiers. A bunch of them swam past me remember. lol.

IC:

"You make a valid argument. Perhaps I have been hasty in my plans, there is clearly more at stake here than some random wilderness my people can make into a home." Burzum signals for the fleet to stop and slowly the ships drop anchor.
"I shall wait one hour, then perhaps we can talk under better conditions."

drack
2012-08-15, 04:32 PM
OK, so soon your armies clash... new initiative rolls. :smallcool:

Lexin
2012-08-15, 04:53 PM
OK, so soon your armies clash... new initiative rolls. :smallcool:

He chose the other option... (could end like that anyway, though)

I have seen at least one of your soldiers. A bunch of them swam past me remember. lol.

Good. Keep thinking like that. :smallwink:

"So be it. My... representative will be here in an hour." He answers with a short nod, and once again disappears in the clouds.

*1 hour later*

After an hour a figure appears once again, looking exactly the same as the Commander you've met before. [Except it is a simulacrum... I assume you have someone with True Seeing there...] He lands on the ship, where Burzum was before.
"An hour passed. We will represent the people of Black Forest. Lets hear your reasons for bringing an army to my lands and people. Lets hear your peaceful solutions."
This time his voice sounds like multiple persons speaking at once.

drack
2012-08-15, 04:56 PM
Ah, missed that. :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 05:21 PM
OOC: As I have said multiple Times Burzum has had True seeing on him the entire time. If that was your simulacrum before he should have known that.
If not then all is good.
Suppressing my decay aura and my fear auras.

IC:
Burzum was once more in his armor and with his sword strapped across his back. Burzum not being on a ship waits as the commander flies up high into the clouds into Burzum's flying fortress. It was literally an entire flying castle hanging up-side-down under neath a massive blimp. Huge cold fire engines powered rotors that drove and steered the ship. Behind it was an even larger up-side-down flying fortress that had multiple docks protruding form it with many of Burzum's flying craft attached to it. Wraiths swarmed in the air above the fortresses and seemed to be living inside the blimps themselves.

Burzum bowed as the Simulacrum arrived. "Welcome, thank you for coming. My office is this way." Burzum pointed down a hallway. Inside the room was covered in expensive wood paneling, a throne made of Emeralds sat in the center of the far wall, though Burzum ignored this and instead sat on a large wooden chair that sat on one side of a sturdy looking wooden table. Another equal chair sat on the other side. Burzum indicated for the Simulacrum to sit.
"Please sit. You had not needed to send a Simulacrum, though I understand the position you are in. I am an Orc of his word. I had hoped that this was widely known by now. But alas my dumber fellow brethren are not known for keeping their word."

drack
2012-08-15, 05:27 PM
OOC: he's mentioning it now because the other was not one. :smallwink:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 05:30 PM
OOC: he's mentioning it now because the other was not one. :smallwink:

I thought so. Just making sure.

Lexin
2012-08-15, 05:38 PM
OOC: As I have said multiple Times Burzum has had True seeing on him the entire time. If that was your simulacrum before he should have known that.
If not then all is good.
All is good then. :smalltongue:

The simulacrum answers with his multiple voices and blank face.
"
As we said before, you are twisting your words too much to believe on the first meeting.
We said we would send a representative, and one came, it wasn't meant as insult, it is more of a standard procedure. This way the representatives of whole Black Forest can hear this conversation. You can call us Voice."

Short pause as Voice looks at Burzum, as if trying to learn everything about him, just by staring.

"We represent the Black Forest. What are your goals? What are your reasons for bringing army to our lands?"

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 06:09 PM
Burzum nodded. "I meant no offense.

My intentions were to claim some living space for my Orcs and to move us from the icy winter of the south north into a region with more resources available. Not many trees grow in the frostfell which limits our Timber harvest somewhat.

Until recently the great forest has been largely deserted and was a dangerous wilderness. Where these 'Gi' people came from I am not sure as my scholars were unaware when I asked them. Your presence was also not know by myself nor any other Nation in this world.
So I was unaware that I was bringing war to anyone other than random evil monsters, pirates and bandits.

If there are established civilized nations present in the forests then I would be happy to turn around and go home.
If however your home is merely in the waters of the straight then you are welcome to it and I wish to proceed to the uncivilized forests.
My people need living room, so if it is not here it must be somewhere else, perhaps further north-west to the rivers."

OOC:
*Glares at drack*.. lol.

drack
2012-08-15, 06:15 PM
OOC: nah, I said they were savage lands and lesser nations, not uninhabited. and I don't recall being asked about their habitation as the last guy did...

Lexin
2012-08-15, 06:23 PM
The Voice looks surprised for a moment. (OOC: meaning you've managed to surprise a lot of people in the same time...)
He speaks slowly at first, like he is not sure if he remembered about his Tongues spell.
"The people of Black Forest don't live in the water... they live in the forest."
He pauses for a while and continues in normal (for him) voice.
"The forest was not deserted, there were many inhabitants, allies to Gi. Now we are their allies too, and we also live in this forest. You are welcome to look for home anywhere else."
He thinks for a while like there was internal discussion in him (... and there was one...:smalltongue:) and he adds:
"Although if you need wood, every year thousands trees die on their own, it is Natures way. We don't mind sharing these resources, but we cannot allow the killings."

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 06:37 PM
OOC:
Yeah I asked you over PM who lives in the area north of me and you just replied with savage wilderness.
I have sages with more than +80 to various knowledge rolls for this sort of thing. lol.

IC:
Burzum raises what is left of his right eyebrow at the seeming look of surprise.
"So the Kuo-toa and Kraken of the straights would be fine for me to deal with separately then? They are your allies and not your own people?

The offer of trade for wood is generous and very much appreciated. I do not wish to kill more than I need to kill. Such is the way of survival on the frostfell. I kill only to keep my people alive, if the killing is not needed then it shall not happen. I would like to undertake you on the offer of exchange. We have a lot of cheap stone for building materials as well as iron and copper should you have need of it.

However I still require living space for my people also. I will look further north if the forests have been claimed by your people. If all of the forest is not under your domain however perhaps a few select settlements, just on the edge of the forest, on the south coast might be arranged? I am willing to drop all claims of dominion over the region. Being able to build those settlements would mean I would not need to continue my search for living room. It would also make trade and further cooperation between our two people and the inhabitants of Gi much easier."

OOC:
I can sell hewn stone at -75% cost if you like. Costs me nothing as I have so much of it. But would cost to have it shipped.

drack
2012-08-15, 06:48 PM
OOC: and is the forest of Gi not a savage wilderness? :smalltongue: Nah, generally everywhere not marken on the map is "savage wilderness", and I'm just left to pull what kind out of my hat as it comes up. After all I can't plot it all out beforehand... I mean I'd actually need to think about it! :smalltongue:
OOC2: well stone is easy to get, but you can always just set up IC trade relations without government offices controlling the trade. Where do you think all those taxes come from if not from the people doing their own thing. :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 06:50 PM
OOC:
Totally, but he can get very cheap stone if we handle this one manually. Clearly the wood and iron+copper stuff would be handled by the merchants.
Gives him some more direct benefits to peace with me doesn't it?
lol.

And yeah, stating out an entire world is a little daunting. I guess stumbling randomly into stuff will need to be how I do things for a while. lol.

drack
2012-08-15, 06:52 PM
OOC:Yeah, by my reckoning the world will be slowly conquered by players until there is no real "wilderness", as even those that remain will grow in power a bit. That's more or less the "Act I" of the game. :smalltongue: and yeah there is allot of blindness...

Edit: though in the end it's not the daunting task of stating out the world so much as it is the things I'd probably forget to include were I to do it. :smallwink:

Lexin
2012-08-15, 06:56 PM
"Kuo-toa and Krakens are also allies of Gi, and as it seems at the moment also allies of Black Forest, but not my people. As the King said before, you haven't met any of the people of Black Forest... except the King himself of course...

We indeed would need metals, it seems to be difficult to obtain these resources in this world. We would appreciate such trade. As for stone, we prefer wood over stone.

We will not allow you destroying the forest. The distance from the coast to the line of trees on the south coast is 50 ft wide. We don't think it is suitable for your people... We thought about... making more space there, but it would take time and we don't know how much space would you need.
The inhabitants of the forest wouldn't also feel at ease with all of this...
Hand sign meaning "your fleet".
... just a few steps from the forest...
If it was one, small city, there wouldn't be a problem... But whole nation is a different case."

Drack

Unless there is a different spot on the coast, that you didn't inform me about (with more space without trees)

drack
2012-08-15, 07:01 PM
Lexin: there are always the abandoned Halls of Izeldus at the end of the river... :smallamused:

Lexin
2012-08-15, 07:08 PM
Lexin: there are always the abandoned Halls of Izeldus at the end of the river... :smallamused:

Hmm, I guess... not really South Coast... but it is free space...:smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 07:09 PM
Burzum laughed.
"This IS one small city. The rest of my nation is to the south of here. The fleet will be either returning south or heading north-west after our conversation as a gesture of good will."
He clicks his fingers and a servant runs up with a very large map and rolls it out.
"To the south there are four great cities and countless towns and villages. Millions of my people already live there. But the land cannot support any more being so close to the frostfell zone. Nor can it support the new industrialization of my empire in need for wood and coal.
Perhaps we should get a representative of the forest and the people of Gi here so the terms can be correctly discussed? My flying fortresses can remain in this same spot while my fleet diverts from it's course if you like."

drack
2012-08-15, 07:13 PM
Lexin: well I know you can see the map as easily as I can. Not really seeing much. :smalltongue: Anywho just a side note to remember in your negotiations, the Gaiad is the expansive forest that wishes to spread.

Lexin
2012-08-15, 07:25 PM
OOC (Drack): I know that the forest wants to spread, but there is a reason the trees don't reach the sea... salty water is kind of killing plants, so the south coast is quite useless for me...
And I said before that the coast is 50 ft wide... the trees would not be moved or cut... I thought more about my mass Move Earth to make a small island down there...
(Although I still need accurate numbers, how much space you want there Gaiyamato)

"Whether the city is small or big, we will decide. How much space do you need?

About getting Gi here... we need to talk to them first. We will contact you in another hour.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 07:28 PM
"Well we can build on the coastline for now. But we will need a small area for farming, which would mean a few select trees would need to be cut down. But I could negotiate that with the people of the forest.

I could use a large iceberg in the water, then build a stone platform over it and build the city on top of that. But then I could do that back home as well. We really need dry land to live on and an area for farming."

drack
2012-08-15, 07:30 PM
OOC: well I'd advise against the move earth as the tide quickly destroys such things, and there are always more verieties of plants, but whatever. So am I to make a" *in one hour* *grand forest of Gi entrance*" post? :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-15, 07:39 PM
OOC: well I'd advise against the move earth as the tide quickly destroys such things, and there are always more verieties of plants, but whatever. So am I to make a" *in one hour* *grand forest of Gi entrance*" post? :smalltongue:

Just as artificial islands can be made with science they can be made with magic too. (I could use also many other spells to supplement that, you know me...)

About forest of Gi entrance... would be fun, although I expected more of invitation from them, so we would meet in their place...
(your choice though)

"Well we can build on the coastline for now. But we will need a small area for farming, which would mean a few select trees would need to be cut down. But I could negotiate that with the people of the forest.

I could use a large iceberg in the water, then build a stone platform over it and build the city on top of that. But then I could do that back home as well. We really need dry land to live on and an area for farming."

We could share a space for farms... in the mountains, it is easy to reach this place with only one or two portals...
Still no cutting down trees. Not in this forest.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 07:45 PM
OOC:
Happy to meet them wherever is needed.

IC:
"Hmm, I don't know. I will have to think on that. Alright for now my fleet will divert north-west and attempt to land just north of the forest, south of the Halls of Izeldus in the area called the Genebakis region. See what lives there then. I can fly us closer to the forest for more talks, or just remain here. Do you have a method of contacting the Gi representatives?"

OOC:
For want of a name I just called it what it used to be called before he dropped from the game. lol.

drack
2012-08-15, 07:50 PM
Gaiy: A deep rumbling voice sounds in your mind "You have done so, though we will need a larger space."

Lexin
2012-08-15, 07:53 PM
"Yes we can contact Gi. Where we are is ... irrelevant"

Drack: Is the voice Gi or something else? :smallconfused:

drack
2012-08-15, 07:56 PM
Lexin:
OOC: yeah, but even with science making islands in the ocean is an incredibly difficult task...
Gaiy: isn't Glen east of Izeldus' halls? :smalltongue:
Lexin again: yeah, but just in Gaiy's head. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-15, 07:59 PM
Lexin:
OOC: yeah, but even with science making islands in the ocean is an incredibly difficult task...

Just as difficult as making a City bigger than Oxford in one week?

drack
2012-08-15, 08:00 PM
More so. :smallbiggrin:

Lexin
2012-08-15, 08:02 PM
More so. :smallbiggrin:

*shrug*
So it would take few days instead of hours... big deal :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-15, 08:17 PM
Lexin:
Gaiy: isn't Glen east of Izeldus' halls? :smalltongue:
Lexin again: yeah, but just in Gaiy's head. :smalltongue:

Yeah Glen was south east of the halls. Look on your old map dude! lol.
Remember my mind blank and protection form psionics, mind affecting effects etc.

But if he asks nicely I'll let him speak.

IC:
Burzum replies to the thoughts in his head. "Then I shall meet you on the southern shores to discuss terms."
He then looks back up to the representative.
For a moment he looks as though he is about to reply then he stops, then eventually speaks. "I just realised that I do not know your name nor the name of your people. As an aside the Gi just contacted me. We need to move to some open space to talk with them. I can fly in my flying machine and meet you there if you wish."

drack
2012-08-15, 08:30 PM
OOC:
not mind effecting. :smallwink: (message spell again. :smalltongue:)
Actually you're just looking at the halls label...
Or perhaps you were thinking of this one?
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x322/sensenman/map5.png
I was going with the halls having been the red bit here
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x322/sensenman/map3.png
So it would be east by that interpretation... Anywho assuming you are referencing old maps, while it is SE of his primary territory, his actual halls were the mountain range. :smallwink:

Before I post a reply I should also ask how the room is warded. :smalltongue:

drack
2012-08-15, 08:34 PM
OOC for Lexin's sake: the maps are from before Izeldus was made a nation of the far distant past as dragon nations started spawning like crazy. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-15, 08:35 PM
As we said, you can call this vessel 'Voice'... or if you prefer 'Matadāna'. Our people are the nation of Arkathia, or here... of Black Forest. If you mean our King..."
For the first time only one voice can be heard.
"I am Ambross del Andevarren, the King of Black Forest we will meet there, incarnation of disease. ... It would be interesting to finally meet you...
After this he leaves.

Edit:

OOC for Lexin's sake: the maps are from before Izeldus was made a nation of the far distant past as dragon nations started spawning like crazy.

Shady?

drack
2012-08-15, 08:46 PM
Nah, back with the old players like Igneel, and Aneurin

Gaiyamato
2012-08-16, 01:24 AM
OOC: The room only has scrying protection. Nothing else. Pretty budget actually.

IC:
"I look forward to meeting you too your majesty." Burzum responded standing and bowing.

OOC: Want to just flash forward to the forest meeting? Unless Drack has something nasty to throw in my way again. lol.

Lexin
2012-08-16, 02:14 AM
We can flash forward, I think.

drack
2012-08-16, 09:00 AM
At the forest meeting you find a portal. (Gate spell)

Lexin
2012-08-16, 09:59 AM
At the forest meeting you find a portal. (Gate spell)

Surprise, surprise!

drack
2012-08-16, 10:22 AM
Yeah and they were initially gonna come ti him too... :smallsigh: Woulda been funner I'll tell ya that. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-16, 10:27 AM
Yeah and they were initially gonna come ti him too... :smallsigh: Woulda been funner I'll tell ya that. :smalltongue:

It is your choice. You control your NPC...

Just from the first conversation with them I kind of thought they rarely stand up, even less travel anywhere...

drack
2012-08-16, 10:28 AM
Who needs to stand to travel? :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-16, 10:33 AM
Who needs to stand to travel? :smalltongue:

...Now I know what you mean by "funner". :smallbiggrin:

drack
2012-08-16, 10:36 AM
Yup :smallbiggrin:
Edit: and while their portal theme is fun and all that isn't the spell they were gonna use... they were gonna use the one that pierces all warding... :smallamused:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-17, 02:53 AM
Burzum landed his flyer in the nearest available space and stepped out. Once more without his armor and weapons (they don't fit).
He walked forward, his eyes on the open Gate with a slightly worried look.
Stopping he turned to look at King of Black Forest and gave a small bow.
"Greetings in person your majesty, it is a pleasure to meet you."

OOC: I am assuming you would be there waiting for me to fly over.

Lexin
2012-08-17, 07:22 AM
As you get closer to the coast, you notice a huge wall, just about 500 ft from the line of water. It spreads for miles west and east few hundred feet behind the trees, 50 ft high, with a larger tower each 250 ft. You can see thousands soldiers guarding the wall and at least ten time as many constructs as what you encountered in the sea. On one of mentioned towers, soldiers who were there on look out, started waving flags, signalling others about your arrival. Not far from where you are a road, made of huge stone plates, start and leads to a 30 ft wide gate, placed between two even greater towers. Not long after the first signal was given you could notice few figures rising to the sky from near the gate. They all look similar, but not the same. King and two of his simulacrums (as your True Seeing tells you).
King is very tall and muscular, his skin is of dark green color, he has huge, white feathery wings. Hi has long black hair and, sometimes glowing in the dark, emerald green eyes. He wears clothes that are practical to wear, although you can notice that they are made from very high quality materials.
(OOC- True Seeing: ... King is kind of shapeshifter ... and it is hard for me to tell what exactly can you see... my best guess is that you see at least dozen different appearances that are equally 'true' ... I hope it won't give you a headache...:smalltongue:)

King nods looking Burzum straight into the eyes, no emotion showing on his face.
"Pleasure indeed. Are we waiting for something or should we proceed?"
He asks pointing at the Gate with open hand.

OOC:
(... he has True Seeing too, anything interesting about Burzum?)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-17, 07:39 AM
OOC:No, nothing of note. Burzum is as he appears. aura of evil and aura of decay might show up maybe.... Decay is being suppressed right now.

As an aside I was reading the construct entry. It says "any effect that allows a fortitude save and does not affect objects" which would cover normal sickness effect. In my case no save and does affect objects. But normally it wouldn't. So normal sickness effects would not bother you. Silly WoTC they should have just added it explicitly. At least you now know that stinking cloud etc. is not going to be an issue.

IC:
Burzum raised an eyebrow at the form in front of him. His own body a disgusting rotting twisted and clearly evil form of an underdark Orog.
"I guess we are now waiting for the Gi representative." he replied. No attempt at hiding his emotions present.

drack
2012-08-17, 08:24 AM
OOC:No, nothing of note. Burzum is as he appears. aura of evil and aura of decay might show up maybe.... Decay is being suppressed right now.

As an aside I was reading the construct entry. It says "any effect that allows a fortitude save and does not affect objects" which would cover normal sickness effect. In my case no save and does affect objects. But normally it wouldn't. So normal sickness effects would not bother you. Silly WoTC they should have just added it explicitly. At least you now know that stinking cloud etc. is not going to be an issue.

... how did I forget about that one again... :smallconfused::smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-17, 08:53 AM
"Knowing them they expect us to go there... we will see.
Just when there was a small pause in the conversation, one of simulacrums jumps into the Gate.

Gate

The copy looks around ( to see where it is )

OOC: If you have mind blank then nothing happens, but you entered Zone of Truth.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-17, 09:00 AM
OOC: Yeah mind blank. :smallsmile:

*waits for Drack*

drack
2012-08-17, 03:27 PM
Beyond the portal you find yourselves suddenly pulled to the left, slamming soundlessly into a wall of force. Looking about you note that all about you is solid fog, with walls of force allowing you to pass over them, giving you the feeling of spacelessness. you could be anywhere, and the prop below this floor could be mere feat, or millions o feet. Just before the edges you see a ring of elder titans surrounding you seated on the most ancient trees you have ever seen as if they were thrones. Several other trees just as old stand alongside them allowing the mist to curl around their ancient branches. A deep voice calls out from one of the titans "You wished to meet with us?"

Lexin
2012-08-17, 03:37 PM
OOC: ... we use the same color...
Did they prepare seats for us too? (if not, the simulacrum would make some for both leaders coming in)

Copy:
"The orc leader wishes to meet you. He doesn't seem so eager to fight anymore. I will lead him here in a moment."

Original:
"Yes, they are waiting. Come."
Says Ambross and enters the Gate. The second simulacrum should go last.

drack
2012-08-17, 03:45 PM
OOC: they did not.

Lexin
2012-08-17, 03:47 PM
OOC: they did not.

...yeah... I thought so.

Now they have 2 bonus seats...

drack
2012-08-17, 03:53 PM
Puny by comparison no doubt. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-17, 04:04 PM
Puny by comparison no doubt. :smalltongue:

I could make one as huge as a house... but it would be a bit uncomfortable...
Although I am making use of my Craft (sculptor) skills (+84 I think) to make the seats really nice :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-17, 05:26 PM
Burzum nods and follows the King in through the portal.
He stops at the end looking about at the Titans and bows while doing mental calculations in his head. His only hope of leaving here alive now is diplomacy.

"I thank you for allowing me to meet with you. I wished to discuss the terms of our peace agreement so that no further misunderstandings of a military nature can occur."

drack
2012-08-17, 06:11 PM
A baritone voice behind you speaks Vary Well, we would propose you go elsewhere so there may be no conflict.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-17, 06:33 PM
Burzum turns to look at the voice behind him. Clearly not bothered by it's abruptness.

"My people need living space however and there is little elsewhere to go to. I would like to propose that you allow a single small settlement to be built on the southern coastline of your forest. Unfortunately my people would need to eat and thus require farmland though.
My proposition is simple, you animate the trees and move them away to somewhere more useful in the north so that none of the trees need to be harmed. If we need timber we shall trade for the dead wood collected by the people of the Dark Wood. That gives us enough ground for some suitable farming areas and a settlement and the materials we need without harming a single living thing. If we wish to expand we can then expand out onto the water.

In exchange the Orc Empire will agree to not only never touch the forest or anything that lives in it, but to assist it in it's protection should another attempt to invade it."

drack
2012-08-17, 07:25 PM
One to your left questions as if to himself, though clearly for all to hear "It makes me wonder. Where it the forest taking to the seas and entering the land of the ork seeking a nice chunk of land upon which to continue the growth of our grove, threatening destruction, and offering survival in exchange for a piece of land in which the woodlands could survive, how is it the hordelands would respond?"

Gaiyamato
2012-08-18, 12:56 AM
"As a matter of fact we have much room but few trees grow there due to the climate. Your woodlands would be welcome in my lands if they could manage to live there. I would welcome them near the edges of our farming lands so long as they made no attempt to overgrow us.
Without trees to drop their leaves the soil is poor.
I am an avatar of decay, but decay is part of the cycle of life, nothing more. Decaying leaves fed upon by the worms in the soil enrich the soil for my people to grow their food in. So yes, I would welcome you. I think you may find the cold climate difficult however."

Lexin
2012-08-18, 07:15 AM
Ambross decides to interrupt the conversation here:
I too, am not so keen on moving back the forest... but if it was more in terms of trade. A city here for the opportunity to spread to south... even with support there. It sounds like a good deal."
He looks at the Titans (being connected to 2 simulacrums allow really wide field of vision)
"And we all know that things like temperature or poor soil aren't really an obstacle..."

Edit: ... kay will use different green this time...

drack
2012-08-18, 07:40 AM
The titan to your right replies this time in a booming voice. "So you would accept them in land that your own people could use less as we would accept your peoples upon our beaches where the endless tide does not encourage growth, and yet you ask us for more fertile lands?"
The wizened tree upon which the titan you sighted as you first enters waves a branch vaguely as it begins to set terms. "My people will allow you a two mile radius of arable land, and in return will claim a mile and a half radius of your lusher northern land as well as a two mile radius of your deeper tundras. would this be acceptable?"

OOC: Lexin, this game is big enough no matter what color you use someone else will have it. No need to change each tie as a result :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-18, 11:14 AM
Burzum nodded.
"It is only fair that you should gain more land than I do in compensation for the lower fertility. Your offer is generous. I accept."

drack
2012-08-18, 11:39 AM
"Than it is agreed." The titan behind you announces, as one diagonally to your right inquires "Is there anything else that concerns us?"

Lexin
2012-08-18, 12:00 PM
"This went faster than I thought. Wan't to go back and discuss the details?" Ambross asks Burzum.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-18, 08:24 PM
Burzum bows "I have no other issues to discuss. I am satisfied for now." turning to Ambross he replies "If you would like to go over the paperwork so to speak I have no issue with that."

Lexin
2012-08-19, 04:37 AM
Ambross looks at elders Forest is spreading, and has more allies now. Till the next meeting.

He turns to Burzum

Follow me.

And he leads the way back to the Gate. When you get to the other side, another Gate appears, if you choose to enter, it leads much closer to a mountain, in far north end of this forest. On top of over 100 ft high wooden tower. A table with a meal prepared and two carefully carved, but also very comfortable chairs beside it. Ambross waits until you sit and begins:

"Please eat and drink what you like. And tell me, what do you expect from us in this... agreement? And what are you willing to offer?"

Gaiyamato
2012-08-19, 05:13 AM
Burzum follows his host, taking in the new view as they arrive.
Looking at the offered table he shakes his head. "Sorry I have no capacity for eating food, My stomach ran away from me some time ago. Thank you for the offer." He looked closely out over the towering figure of the mountain, his head deep in thoughts. "Aside from peace and our trade deal we discussed earlier I think I have achieved everything we could gain from this for the time being." Burzum turns back to face Ambross. "However I hope that I have demonstrated that the right Orc with the right education is capable of being a reasonable civilized being. The time of mindless Orc hoards rampaging are over... " pause for effect. "Now we use our brains when we rampage." he finished with a wink indicating the joke.

"We trade with your people and assist you and the forest in your defense if required and you trade with our people and allow out settlement to exist and grow in peace. In all we just be nice to each other and hopefully build up a close friendship over time.
I do have one question though. What precisely is your relationship with the Kraken and the Kuo-Toa in the straight that separates us? Were they working with you or on behalf of the Gi?"

Lexin
2012-08-19, 06:07 AM
Ambross smiles slightly at the joke.
"It is always good to have an intelligent enemy... probably even better if he becomes an ally.

About the details, there are some things I would like to know.
Where exactly would you like to place your city? South-west, near the river would probably have the best lands, if you ask me.

Where can we plant the forest in your lands? We don't need a lot... but some soil would be nice. It is hard to grow plants in pure ice...

As for trade, we can offer food, wood and wooden products of any kind. Our people are good at long range transport, growing plants, healing... and building cities...

What we would need is access to metals... and, to be blunt, your libraries. I am afraid we don't know much about this world and would like to know more. Unfortunately Gi are too mysterious to answer questions in direct way...

What I also wanted to ask, are there any creatures in this world, which we should pay attention to? Some ancient evils and such? We would like to protect ourselves from them, and the knowledge comes first.
... Also I must say, that our professional monster hunters are getting quite bored here for the moment...

As for Krakens and Kuo-Toa, their cooperation is based on treaties made long before we came to this world. Although now, as we are part of this treaty, the answer is probably both.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-19, 06:36 AM
Burzum smiled, though his face was a twisted decayed mass the distubred the mind of even the most stallwart.
"I am not adverse to allies. I would ally myself with the Solars themselves if it would ensure the longer term survival of my Orcs. However that is unlikely to occur. For now friends will do. If everything works out we might meet sometime in the future and go over some more formal arrangements in that regard.

This settlement shall be in the south so that it's port has easy and direct access to my southern ports. There is land outside of the Gi forest between the ancient halls of Izeldus and the Gi that I intend to build upon also should there be no one else there to claim it.

I will give some space just outside of our farms west of Kaezeroth on the better parts of the Tundra for the trees to live unmolested. The soil is workable for at least six months of the year there so the trees should be able to establish themselves. The second group of trees will need to be further south, but I'll allow them to grow on the Tundra, it would be unfair to place them in the frostfell ice itself.

As I said before Iron, Copper, Tin, Diamonds, Gold and Silver. We have an abundance of these. The Glaciers are full of deposits dredged up from ancient rocks. Right now I also have an abundance of stone, which if you need any can come cheaply.
We need timber and wooden products, new foods to introduce to the diets of my Orcs. I think this trade agreement will be highly beneficial for both of us.

My Libraries are not just open to anybody, we store much in them. In fact I am busy collecting all of our knowledge into the new Library in Kaezeroth. It should soon be one of the largest mortal collections on this world, possibly even the largest collection of works entirely. My head wizard Allam is also building an adjoining Arcane Library which should be quite sizable.
If you could offer something equivalent then I could grant you access to the regular Library and out maps there. Though it would be worth noting that Gi was not on our maps, nor were you.
You could apply for permission to access the Arcane Libraries if you wanted to know more about the Gods and the magics of this world. Allam would probably extract a hefty fee for it however. Mind you if you could get some information regarding another newcomer to this world I would be able to easily persuade Allam to give you full access to all of our Libraries I think.

If you are looking for trouble I suggest heading north. If you want to survive I suggest not heading north. The Halls of Izeldus are not to be trifled with. There are also terrible things in the deep of the oceans, I have no doubt that you could more than handle them.

So I guess the agreement with the Gi works for you and the Gi protecting them as well? Interesting..."

Lexin
2012-08-19, 07:00 AM
Ambross nods slowly, looking straight into Burzums eyes.
"So friends for now."

Then he turns his back to the mountain and points south with an open hand.

"I asked you where, in the south. The coast is five hundred miles long, you've bargained for four. Would it be west, east or in the middle?"

He pauses for a short while and you can see a group of five hooded figures who climb the stairs from below. They stand beside one of simulacrums.

"They would go with you and start our groves in the places you mentioned. I hope it won't be a problem."

He froze at the words "not just open to anybody" but then calms down and says:
"Knowledge for knowledge... sounds fair to me. We have some information about two other newcomers, not much yet, but we are willing to share our future findings as well. My simulacrum would discuss this matter with this ... Allam as he arrives in your lands, then."

If you are looking for trouble I suggest heading north. If you want to survive I suggest not heading north. The Halls of Izeldus are not to be trifled with. There are also terrible things in the deep of the oceans, I have no doubt that you could more than handle them.

"It is a valuable information, I guess we will learn more when we get access to your libraries..."

So I guess the agreement with the Gi works for you and the Gi protecting them as well? Interesting..."

Ambross shrugs and says... "We are all servants of Nature" ... like it was a most natural thing in the world...

Gaiyamato
2012-08-19, 09:41 AM
Burzum nodded. "Yes friends for now. You have nothing to fear from me or my people. You are welcome to seek me out any time you require, or even if you merely wish to visit my cities. You have my word that you will be safe in my lands, as will your duplicates. They shall be made welcome.

Where we will settle? I will need to scout it. But I think somewhere directly North of Kaezeroth might work best. Where that sits on your coastline I'd need to see exactly. I'll make sure that one of your copies gets the full information when we get to my lands.

Your information exchange sounds reasonable. We trade maps and knowledge about the other forces in this world. " he chuckled a little, a disturbing sound from Burzum. "No one are servants of Nature, we are part of it, it serves us as much as we serve it. It is inescapable and more expansive than the Gods themselves."

Lexin
2012-08-19, 09:51 AM
And you will be welcome in our cities... Although much of the forest is populated with wildlife, so I cannot guarantee that you would be perfectly safe if you choose to travel through the forest...

I would wait for the information about where you choose to settle, we would need to move our wall, but... *shrug* ...we can adapt to the situation...

It is. Although some serve the Nature in more ways than others, I guess.

He looks around at the forest.

Of course, maybe it is more of living in harmony than serving... The effect is quite the same...

Gaiyamato
2012-08-19, 11:34 PM
"Perhaps the effect is indeed the same..." he trails off for a moment. "Well thank you for taking the time to negotiate and settle things peacefully with me. I must be getting back now, I have a lot to do as I am sure you do.
I would offer my hand to shake but I would advise against it." he finishes, then bows slightly in place of shaking hands.

Lexin
2012-08-20, 03:50 AM
Ambross nods back "Until next meeting then."

Behind you a Gate appears once again. The simulacrum and hooded figures stand by it and wait for you to cross first and as you do, they follow.

... actually they follow really really far... till they get to your country...

Gaiyamato
2012-08-20, 04:00 AM
OOC: Burzum isn't going home he has elsewhere to go. But the Simulacrums will be greeted by 4 Orcs in Red and black robes, carrying staves made of bone.

Burzum will walk out of your community past your wards and then teleport back to his ship to continue heading north.

Lexin
2012-08-20, 04:09 AM
OOC: Okay, just two things:
- you won't get close to the forest with the whole fleet?

- Are the Orcs with simulacrum headed south already or are they supposed to sail with you for now? If the second they would prefer fast solutions... (show them location with scrying and they will teleport...)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-20, 04:16 AM
OOC: Except for what is being dropped off and any assistance we need to give moving trees, Half of the fleet is turning westward and the other half will head back south to Kaezeroth to pick up the settlers after dropping off the troops in them.
The unloaded troops will simply setup a camp on the beach and wait.

Your Simulacrums can gate themselves down to Kaezeroth to gain access to the Library and meet with Allam and the others.

Lexin
2012-08-20, 04:29 AM
OOC: I see. Okay, so teleportation it is. Are they inform that my guys are coming or would they be quickly executed? :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-20, 04:49 AM
OOC:
Kaezeroth has a steady stream of foreigners teleporting in or disembarking from ships. So long as you do not attempt to directly breach the magical defenses of the fortress all is good.
Burzum will have the details transmitted down to Kaezeroth very quickly at any rate so all is good. :smallsmile:

Lexin
2012-08-20, 04:57 AM
OOC: Okay. Should I speak with drack as with talking to NPC in your nation. Or this thread/ some other ?

Anyway, the delegation would look for the library and try to meet Allam.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-20, 05:18 AM
OOC:
We can do it all in here right now. Allam was busy the previous turn on the other side of my country. When I have some of that encounter cleared up with Drack he will be teleporting into Kaezeroth as well to meet with you.

For now you are simply quietly given free access to the mundane Library.

IC:
Kaezeroth was intended to be the capital of the new Orc empire. It is still under construction but it is being built high on cliffs overlooking the oceans extending to the north. To the south of the city a mighty river winds it's way around the curve of the city only to spill out over the cliffs in a 200 foot waterfall.
Large white buildings with flat roofs, layered so as to be usable for defenses and mighty white stone walls are being constructed. Fields are being plowed, pathways and bridges being constructed by the thousands of toiling orcs. Endless caravans come in from the south and east, bringing stone for the work and food for the workers. Wood is arriving by sea, a half-finished stone docks currently anchoring dozens of ships from all around the globe. Being built into the cliffs themselves is a might fortress and military installation of some sort. Huge bombards being fitted into place.

You are led down into the huge fortress being built into the cliff face and through neatly carved winding stone tunnels. You pass dozens of different staircases and door-ways until you are led through a huge set of double wooden doors, each carved from a single slice of some ancient tree.
Inside is a Library under construction. The room is three stories high, ending in a ceiling with a slowly moving magical representation of the skies above the world. Stars and planets twinkle as the globe slowly rotates.
On the far side of the room are a double set of steel doors engraved with glowing red and green runes that are guarded by a pair of Robed Orcs holding softly glowing Glaives. A sign on the door written in the Abyssal tongue says "Kaezeroth Arcane Bibliotheca".

Many many books and scrolls are stored in boxes and created, tens of thousands more are busily being stacked into the new oak shelving. The room is very cold, the air crisp and clean however, obviously being magically treated. Up a winding stone staircase and onto a landing you find huge map tables with large drawers underneath where many many map scrolls are stored. One of the robed figures produces what is clearly a brand new map from a map case on his back and unrolls it out onto one of the tables.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj227/Gaiyamato/Random%20Bits/mapdr.png

OOC: Just slapped that up, loosely based off Drack's earlier maps. Added my two proposed new settlements in.
I have not added your stuff Lexin because I am not sure what to add.

Lexin
2012-08-20, 07:03 AM
OOC: It would be much easier if I knew how to edit maps like that.
Although some comments:
- You've bargained for about 2 mile radius from Gi. But on the map you marked about... 300-400 miles of the coast as yours... If we keep this scale then you sold whole south continent for this...
- I would say one grove would be west from Ungulum (?) and the second around the H in 'Hord lands' (unless there is something there already...)
- You don't have much on east continent. The forests in south are Gi, the plains north from the forests are Nomad lands. There are also two newcomers, one stayed near the place where the river flows into the sea, and the other went north from this place. (I would give more, but I need Drack to give me some answers first...)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-20, 07:30 AM
OOC:
I went by Drack's map and realised that large parts of what I had claimed were not covered by trees and were not claimed by Gi.
So unless someone else lives there I guess I can keep it for now.

Either way the location of the southern settlement there Azgum is the one we bargained for. If the eastern bit is also part of Gi then I guess I don't have that either. Just the little red dot of Azgum itself.

The primary Grove is west of Kaezeroth and the other would be south of the more fertile region of Tal-Vershnaddat.

Lexin
2012-08-20, 07:51 AM
OOC:
On my map (and taking into account the 500 miles that Drack mentioned) the forest reaches, to the east, up to the mountain you marked in violet. ... Otherwise I've spent twice as much resources than what I needed...

Placement of Groves: Okay, it doesn't make a big difference to me.

IC: The Simulacrum (named Heart) stays in the library to learn as much as possible and to wait for Allam. In the same time others travel to the places, you've shown them on the map and prepare to plant forests.
If there are any intelligent (non forest type) creatures there, they are asked to leave the area. The Grove won't be closed, there will be roads so others can pass... but for now, at the preparation part, the delegates prefer to be there alone.

OOC: I will tell you how fast the progress of Grove planting goes when I discuss some things with Drack.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-20, 08:23 AM
OOC:
Fair enough. Well my map isn't official anyway. So if that is how Drack says it is then that is how it is. I just have the tiny dot then.

RE grove planting there wont be anyone other than some tundra nomadic Orcs about the place. I'll send a Cabal representative to each one which will send anything with half a brain scuttling out of the area.
You are free to plant away.

Aren't the displaced trees from the settlement coming down here as well?
Are they being teleported, flown or carried on my ships?

Lexin
2012-08-20, 08:35 AM
OOC:

Aren't the displaced trees from the settlement coming down here as well?
Are they being teleported, flown or carried on my ships?

Hmm not really. The problem is that there are dryads connected to the trees I need to move and even if they accept the slight, few miles move (because Gi said they should). I don't think they would like such a drastic climate change.

The trees that I am moving to make place for you are... just walking away...
(having lots of treants to animate them makes it quite easy) It will take them 2-3 days to finish the task.

As for the Groves in your territory, they are just planting and rapidly growing trees. (Although I would probably move some animals, plants and fey through teleportation later...)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-20, 09:00 AM
OOC:
No worries then.

drack
2012-08-20, 09:03 AM
Lets start with the map: that's not the stone mountain, it's just a mountain within Gi. The forest of Gi also takes the woodlands south of Izeldus (though admittedly they hold less power there) as well as the forest around the stone mountain to the east, and the peninsula tot eh west of it's main body to the treeline. The forest of Id surrounds Caniduss, and The Endless Planes stretch across the eastern continent.

As for the groves by the tie you have finished your pleasantries with lexin groves of thick powerful pines are already in place. witnesses claim they walked out of thin air and took root bashing anyone who tried to cut them on the head

Gaiyamato
2012-08-20, 09:06 AM
OOC:
I just copied the map you gave us a few pages back is all.
Your fault if there are mistakes. :smalltongue:
lol.
All of your maps show a tiny gap between the halls region and Gi right on the coast which I was going to plant a village down in. That is the most northern village marked on there.

Even easier with the groves then no worries.

Lexin
2012-08-20, 09:23 AM
As for the groves by the tie you have finished your pleasantries with lexin groves of thick powerful pines are already in place. witnesses claim they walked out of thin air and took root bashing anyone who tried to cut them on the head

Wow... these Gi guys are fast... It would take me whole day otherwise...

drack
2012-08-20, 09:29 AM
OOC:
I just copied the map you gave us a few pages back is all.
Your fault if there are mistakes. :smalltongue:
lol.
All of your maps show a tiny gap between the halls region and Gi right on the coast which I was going to plant a village down in. That is the most northern village marked on there.

Even easier with the groves then no worries.

The outdated ones where the gaiad, and stone mountain were there, and Izeldus was still in play. yeah I know. :smalltongue:

Lexin: yeah, well they have more treants, gates, fey, and the like. :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-21, 08:30 AM
I was just thinking. Lexin at least should get some xp for overcoming the challenge regarding the Orc invasion. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-21, 08:32 AM
I was just thinking. Lexin at least should get some xp for overcoming the challenge regarding the Orc invasion. :smalltongue:

I don't think Drack is giving xp for things that are not combat related...

On the other hand, you got 1 Kraken, that's something :P

Gaiyamato
2012-08-21, 08:41 AM
Well I only took him out of action, didn't kill him. But yeah I guess so. lol.
:smalltongue:

drack
2012-08-21, 09:06 AM
Yeah, because in managing a nation just about everything is a challenge if you know what I mean, and it's too many small numbers for be to set floating about. :smalltongue:

As for the kraken it would earn him .0137xp... I just didn't really consider it worth noting down unless he's killing them en mass. :smalltongue:

Lexin
2012-08-21, 09:15 AM
The only thing that I regret in this short battle is that I didn't attack the Giant Golem...

Do I have the access to the library now and can get information via Drack? Or am I still waiting for Allam and mysterious conversation?

Gaiyamato
2012-08-21, 10:18 AM
Yeah you have access to the mundane Library. Tomorrow I'll introduce Allam to negotiate that bit.

Lexin
2012-08-27, 11:57 AM
Is it tomorrow yet?:smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-27, 05:41 PM
Apparently not. I am still waiting on the players I was waiting on. lol.

I have been stuck waiting for "half an hour" for an eternity in the main thread. lol.

Lexin
2012-08-27, 05:43 PM
I see... I would say that I would patiently wait for you to post here...

... but it is much more probable that I would remind you that I am waiting here every few days...:smalltongue:

Hope you don't mind.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-27, 06:01 PM
Not at all.
Does not stop you doing other things though given they are simulacrums.

Lexin
2012-08-27, 06:03 PM
I can do a lot of other things, but right now I am looking for information which I will get after gaining access to your main library...

Gaiyamato
2012-08-27, 06:11 PM
I already gave you the main library if you look back. Even the maps.
Just the special arcane stuff you don't have.

But the main library has general planar info etc. Anything non-sensitive.

Lexin
2012-08-27, 06:13 PM
Nah, I need detailed information about native nations and location of some creatures (or at least confirmation that they exist in this world)

(unless I can find these information in the common part... not sure about it)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-27, 06:29 PM
Yeah all of that is in the common library.
You have all that you need.

Some of the more obscure stuff and some very very specific details might be harder to find in it.
But the general overview of what I know is all there including races etc.

Lexin
2012-08-27, 06:32 PM
Yeah all of that is in the common library.
You have all that you need.

Ah, okay then.
... so the only thing that I don't have are the blueprints for your Colossal+ golem :smalltongue:

Because this is the only thing (except spells) that I could think of that would be in arcane library...

Gaiyamato
2012-08-27, 06:53 PM
heh lots of stuff in the arcane library.

But general information, the sort that a knowledge Economics, Maths&Geom, Military&Tactics, Nobility&Royalty, Geography, History or Local of any level would cover is in the general library.

Actually you get +6 to those rolls in my library as well. :smalltongue:

Knowledge Religion and The Planes would be available to a low level and only have a +2 bonus to the rolls.

Detailed and high roll Religion, Planes, Psionics, Incarnum, Truespeak and Arcana are in the arcane library (with a +6 roll). As well as every Arcane and Divine spell and every Psionic power available to us in this game. :smalltongue:

My secret blueprints for my colossal+ Golems are in my vault. lol.

drack
2012-08-27, 07:04 PM
As well as every Arcane and Divine spell and every Psionic power available to us in this game. :smalltongue:

Why do I doubt this? :smalltongue:
(because every spell available in the game tops an epic player's WBL :smalltongue:)
Anywho do you have myths and legends of ancient being, texts from the times of Izeldus (think vary ancient scrolls), and or a detailed recollection of the movements of nations past, through their times of riches and their falls available to him? :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-27, 08:05 PM
I am assuming there would be gaps in the general knowledge on very specific stuff or seriously epic level secret stuff.

Also getting every Arcane and Divine spell and every psionic power is a piece of pie. You just need enough casters with different spell lists. Eventually you cover everything and you can easily scribe them for little to no cost if you know how. :smallbiggrin:

A Boccob's book helps as well. :smallcool:

Rituals, Epic spells etc. are a bit different though.
Plus finding a specific spell is a little tricky with such volume.

drack
2012-08-27, 09:04 PM
Well commonly casters with the spells already still charge a modest 50gp/spell level
Also I'll need to see all those lists and the distribution of how many have which lists. :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-27, 09:50 PM
It is easy to scribe from a spellbook/memory down to another duplicate spellbook for free if you know what you are doing. Then simply add that book and those spells into the library.

Of course it would cost a pretty sum to copy the spells from the library into your own spellbook.

drack
2012-08-28, 06:27 AM
Yea and no. Copying spells for free is impossible :smalltongue: unless you're going with creation magic which is always a tricky business...

Lexin
2012-08-28, 07:14 AM
Why not?

Boccob book
+
lots of wizards with lots of different spells
+
non-cash transactions spell-for-spell
=
lots of wizards with lots of spells...

Gaiyamato
2012-08-28, 07:21 AM
Yea and no. Copying spells for free is impossible :smalltongue: unless you're going with creation magic which is always a tricky business...

No they are in grimoires, not spellbook spellbooks. They are not usable for memorising spells or casting them. You need to sit down and spend time studying it then pay the cost to scribe it into a spellbook before you can use it.
Free to make, comes with the Library fit-out in the Stronghold builder's book when you combine it with Complete Arcane arcane libraries rules.

Why not?

Boccob book
+
+
=

Yup that also.

drack
2012-08-28, 07:39 AM
Why not?

Boccob book
+
+
=
the book costs money.

OK, I'll bite what's the CA rule? :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-28, 07:53 AM
Just a guideline on creating Arcane Libraries. Allows you to contain non-functional copies of spells in mundane books for only the cost of the base book (normally 100gp).

The books come free (actually included in the cost, why Library sections are expensive) with a Library section from Stronghold builder's guidebook. So I added them together to make a cool Arcane Library that wizards can study at and learn stuff.

Also finding a spell should take time (usually allow 1 % roll of finding the spell with chance equal to 100-(Spell Level*10) per hour of searching, which is the guideline in Quintessential Wizard), then the time and cost of scribing it.

Note: I am going to assume that banned spells will not be in the Library in any form.

-------------

Boccobs book only costs a little over 5K. So for every Arcane spell in the game it isn't bad value. Add a dual-class Bard/Wizard or an Arcane caster who can learn bard spells and you can get every Divine spell as an Arcane spell with minimal shenanigans. One or two similar builds, usually involving Archivist levels, the other way allow every divine spell and every arcane spell as a divine spell. Giving you every spell in every possible combination for no extra cost.

Psionics I just pay for, the list of powers is tiny compared to the list of Arcane/Divine spells. They are cheaper too.

Seriously. No one else in the game has done this yet? This is standard wizardly stuff for even level 20, let alone level 30!! lol.
I have never had a wizard over level 18 who does not know every single spell in the game as an Arcane spell. Still limited by spell slots mind you (and what he can carry/access).
Amateurs. :smallbiggrin:

drack
2012-08-28, 09:31 AM
I think it has more to do with a certain DM leveling a per scroll cost on additional spells, and nobody wanting to submit that many spell lists to me. :smallcool: By the way since I should have the spell lists for all your casters here I can expect to find every spell in the game here right? :smallconfused:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-28, 07:09 PM
Well I'll just be submitting memorised spells or else it would get stupid.
Still going over my lists, soooo many casters.

But my high level casters (20 and above) all certainly know every Arcane spell.
I made sure that 3 of them did at any rate.

drack
2012-08-28, 07:14 PM
hmm? Yes, but each of your magi has a spellbook, I'll be seeing them all. :smallcool: And these will all be listed in the doc regardless of how extensive simply because there's always a spell you miss.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-28, 07:17 PM
*sigh* Welcome to my 300 page long document then. lol.

None of them use standard spellbooks btw. Most of them have unlimited spell space in dimensional folds of skin....

drack
2012-08-28, 07:24 PM
... dimensional folds of skin? :smalltongue: where's that from?

Gaiyamato
2012-08-28, 07:29 PM
Tantrist. They tattoo the spells into their skin instead of using a spellbook, but there is no limit on the number or level of spells.
So people joke that there must be infinite skin in some sort of dimensional skin-fold when you get to high levels (easy to do anyway..). lol.

CON based wizard without a spellbook essentially. Perfect for Orcs which is why you allowed me to use them. :smallsmile:

drack
2012-08-28, 07:32 PM
Ah, fare enough. :smalltongue: Yeah I know there are a few ways to toss the spellbook, so may as well. all the same I'll admit I had been hopping nobody would do the infinite spell abuse. :smalltongue: Ah, and could you also cite books just to make it easier for me to scan through it for 3.0 and what not. :smallbiggrin:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-28, 07:35 PM
Knowing every spell is not infinite. It is still finite, just a big number. Also a lot of those spells are pretty useless. Remember you have banned a large variety of books. So the spell list is only a little bigger than the SRD spells. lol.

Only 3.0 spell I have used is Hide Life which you approved.

I cast a pretty regular volume of spells for my casters though. None of them are very optimized for spell-spamming. Don't really need that with so many casters. :smalltongue:

drack
2012-08-28, 07:41 PM
Hide life is 3.0? And I approved it? oh my. :smalltongue:
In any case it certainly is infinite without a spell list as there are an infinite number of potentially approved homebrew spells. :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-28, 07:48 PM
Hide Life is one of those 3.25 spells that came along during the slow transition to 3.5 and has only one tiny change to make it 3.5. You just change partial action to standard action and you are done.

I am not using any homebrew spells.

I take the iMarvinTPA list, remove his own homebrew stuff from it and remove anything from the BoVD (for your game), Dragon mag and non WoTC books that you have not already approved. Pretty much cuts it down to the spells from about 5 books plus the SRD.

the only thing you might need to approve are the use of the corrupt spells lists from BoVD and Heroes of Horror. But I was going to go through them on a case by case basis.

drack
2012-08-28, 07:52 PM
Hide life: Ah, I wasn't really questioning it, just making note since I fear even my memory can't memorize every detail of this game. :smalltongue:

No homebrew: really? I'd suggest you go for some, at least that spell I whip up to make cosmic horror killable... :smallconfused:

Spells: ah, that works then :smallbiggrin:

corrupt: well generally I find corruption to be a hassle, but I guess. Anywho HoH is probably cool, BoVD probably not, but if there are any that are iffy I suppose I may be able to peek...