PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody help me remember this comic book?

dementedwombat
2012-08-17, 01:46 PM
Hi, I just had one of the most frustrating experiences in the world. I remembered a few panels of a very good comic I read ages ago and can't remember its name. It's really frustrating because I can't remember any concrete names, so Google isn't really helpful. Here's what I know, I was hoping that one of you might have heard of it:

I read it a long time ago, over 5 years, so it isn't particularly new.

I don't think it was ever very popular. it was a one off series made by some publisher I can't remember.

Now, the stuff I know:
It was a space opera comic book. The captain had some kind of energy field over his hand. They were supposed to grab some cargo from a ship and ended up getting a bunch of tanks full of clones. one tank was open. There was a girl inside it. she didn't remember what she was doing there. She had some kind of crazy psychic/energy manipulation powers.

One scene I remember distinctly: after a fight their spaceship was missing some vital part and they had to dock at the closest mega space colony/city. They were bargaining for the part with a merchant. One of the alien crew members tried his hand with haggling. Instead of starting low and working the sale price up, he kept stating each price lower than the one before it (i.e. "Will you sell it to me for 5 spacebucks? No, how about 4? 3?").

Sorry, I'm not much help. I hope somebody might have some vague idea of what I'm talking about though. I won't be disappointed if nobody answers though.

nihil8r
2012-08-17, 11:28 PM
couldn't find anything on google. was it in color or bw?

Remmirath
2012-08-18, 04:25 PM
This comic (http://runnersuniverse.com/) seems kind of similar to what you're asking about, at least. There is somebody with an energy field arm, but it isn't the captain. There is a scene that's at least similar to what you describe with the tanks and all. I don't remember about the bargaining thing, but it seems entirely possible (it's been a while since I actually read it).

If not that, I have no clue.

dementedwombat
2012-08-18, 10:11 PM
Ok, I can't believe you actually found it. Thank you. Runners it is.

Also, apparently it is available online for free. Now I can finish the second book. I only ever read the first one.