PDA

View Full Version : Shadehawk Vs Batman

Forum Explorer
2012-08-18, 02:30 AM
So I just finished reading through the Webcomic Antihero for Hire (http://antihero.keenspot.com/). Then I read through the thread Sub-Zero vs Batman. So I came up with this.

Batman is in Liberty City and is trying to take down Shadehawk due to machinations from a bunch of villains (take your pick). He has no prior knowledge of Shadehawk but can investigate until he is either found or decides he knows enough. He can call upon his resources from Gotham City with a small time delay.

Shadehawk learns that a particular bat themed assassin has been sent after him. He decides to get the first strike in and starts to track Batman down with all of his resources. Shadehawk has Crossroads for back up if necessary but won't call upon her help unless he feels it's needed. Use Shadehawk's resources and experience of before the Canada arc.

Neither is willing to listen to each other as they will dismiss it as mind games by the enemy. That being said they won't resort to killing any earlier then they normally would.

Who will find their opponent first? and who will win?

Hopeless
2012-08-18, 03:56 AM
Firstly thanks for the link.

Secondly being new to Anti-hero for hire I'll have to just assume Bats will just wait until Shadehawk makes his first move on patrol and only intervene if Shadehawk is trying to kill someone, oh hold on Shadehawk uses a gun, okay after the first half dozen mistakes Shadehawk does such as slipping over or forgetting his grapple gun Bats will either go back to Gotham thinking someone set him up or just use his batarang to snare up Shadehawk and have a chat...

I suspect after comparing notes they'll go after the real villain but I can't see this getting into a brawl... can't see Shadehawk being that stupid actually and I don't know him well enough to be sure of that!

What do you think?

Raimun
2012-08-18, 07:33 AM
Batman and Batman, in that order.

I'm pretty sure Batman has only one super power: winning.

Hopeless
2012-08-18, 07:52 AM
Batman and Batman, in that order.

I'm pretty sure Batman has only one super power: winning.

About the only thing missing is if Oracle and whoevers advising Shadehawk are actually facebook buddies... or whatever social network they use!:smallbiggrin:

Raimun
2012-08-18, 08:53 AM
About the only thing missing is if Oracle and whoevers advising Shadehawk are actually facebook buddies... or whatever social network they use!:smallbiggrin:

Barbara Grayson
Helping a superhero buddy to win a fight.
Like Comment 3 minutes ago
Laria Moondale lol me too who r u helpin??
2 minutes ago

Barbara Grayson Batman. It's some guy named Shadehawk this time. Started #%&!¤ all of a sudden.
2 minutes ago

Laria Moondale omg no way!
about a minute ago

Barbara Grayson Yes way. Why not?
about a minute ago

Barbara Grayson ... Wrench?
about a minute ago

webrunner
2012-08-18, 11:45 AM
Barbara Grayson
2 minutes ago

Barbara Grayson Batman. It's some guy named Shadehawk this time. Started #%&!¤ all of a sudden.
2 minutes ago

about a minute ago

about a minute ago

about a minute ago

This is pretty epic I have to say.

Edit: On the topic, even if Shadehawk was a genius like Batman he's still not filthy rich like Batman. So despite my bias I'll have to go with Batman on this.

Friv
2012-08-18, 10:49 PM
As far as skillsets and powers go, Shadehawk is just Batman with less money and a less ludicrously-large set of abilities.

Which means Batman is going to flatten him.

Hopeless
2012-08-20, 03:02 AM
Barbara Grayson
2 minutes ago

2 minutes ago

about a minute ago

about a minute ago

about a minute ago

Even though they've done this with Crossroad I'd still love to see this happen!:smallbiggrin:

DiscipleofBob
2012-08-21, 09:07 AM
Oh man, I remember this comic from high school... I haven't checked up on it in forever.

Well, unless Shadehawk has gotten a significant power upgrade since I last read this way back when, I'm going to have to give this to Batman, who just has more resources and more experience.

Forum Explorer
2012-08-21, 02:14 PM
Since no one else is stepping up to the plate let me play Devil's Advocate for Shadehawk.

May involve spoilers for Shadehawk so you have been warned
Now Shadehawk primarily uses his gun which fires regular bullets and a bunch of special bullets. He seems to have lots of regular bullets and is accurate enough to be non-lethal with them when he wants.

His special shots he only has one each of, and they have to be replaced between missions. We've seen a Fire shot, Ice shot, Electric shot, Rope shot, Sonic shot (well mentioned), High impact shot, and Giant Energy Beam.

Now I'm pretty sure Batman would be prepared for the Ice Shot, Electric shot and Rope Shot, which is likely to be among Shadehawk's first resorts as these are the most non-lethal shots he has.

Other then that he uses his superb hand to hand combat in which his gun can act as a shield. (It appears to be essentially invincible.) Other then that he is more then a match for so far any of his close combat orientated foes which includes a long list of martial artists, cyborg enhanced street fighters, highly trained mercenaries, and bounty hunters.

His foes are generally at least as impressive as Batman's. Though he hasn't hit any that could be considered god-tier. Against Crossroad he easily disarmed her without using any weapons even though she is a skilled martial artist who admittedly was in a blind rage at the time. Against Baron Diamond, he has won a good half-dozen times, even the time when he had a broken arm. He even beat Golem, a specifically created creature who has super-speed and is essentially invincible. Speaking of groups he has proven himself to be a match of the Vengeful Sisters (a group of 5(4 really) fighters who use powersuits to give them powerful abilities) and the local superhero team. One of which is a comedic version of Batman.

The impressive thing about Shadehawk is he often fights opponents that he cannot hurt normally. Batman to my understanding often does the same. Now where Batman has the resources to specially develop whatever he needs over time, Shadehawk has to improvise, using construction equipment, the environment and his own wits. He is famous for coming up with plans on the fly that are remarkably effective.

For information gathering he has the hacker Wrench to back him up. She is a genius level hacker who can and will hack military satilites to deploy death lasers against Shadehawk's foes. She can also take over things like trains, and generally works to make sure that Shadehawk is aware of his environment and whatever building he needs. She will occasionally deploy a toy helicopter armed with a flamethrower to assist Shadehawk.

For transportation Shadehawk uses the zip grappler to go from roof top to roof top easily. He has used this as a weapon in a pinch to send himself flying at an opponent. He has also used the zip grappler as a means of escape by grabbing onto passing cars.

His ally Crossroad is armed with a sword that can cut through nearly everything and is a skilled martial artist. She has a temper and is infamous for going for the kill rather then capture. She possess magnet boots that allow her to walk on walls. However she has proven to be not nearly as effective as Shadehawk can be.

Shadehawk possesses no specific weakness for Batman to exploit and is on his home territory. As for experience Shadehawk has been a hero since he was a teenager and has defeated over 300 hundred enemy 'supervillains.' He tends to be very genre savvy and in general against tough opponents tends to have long rolling battles where he changes position frequently to better use the terrain. Oh and he has a tendency to somehow survive insane falls.

So that's why I think Shadehawk can win against Batman. He has the necessary skills and experience. His improvisation migrates the need for resources to a degree. What will Batman bring to the fight that is making everyone assume he will win?

Fjolnir
2012-08-21, 03:22 PM
the same skillset and piles and piles of money

Forum Explorer
2012-08-21, 05:02 PM
the same skillset and piles and piles of money

What exactly would piles of money get him though? Batman isn't the type to hire mercenaries or buy giant robots.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-21, 05:42 PM
What exactly would piles of money get him though? Batman isn't the type to hire mercenaries or buy giant robots.

Yeah, Batman has Giant robot suits.
http://i40.tinypic.com/35bsdus.jpg

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2/gallery/d/518080-4/P2150831.jpg

Old comics: http://www.comictreadmill.com/CTMBlogarchives/2009%20Images/PropBat104RobotBatman-thumb.jpg

Logic
2012-08-21, 05:49 PM
I'm going to have to say Batman. Why? Because he has decades of writers that have decided that he wins against nearly any foe imaginable with just some prep time.
Do I think this sentiment is stupid? Yes. A normal man should lose to the likes of Superman.
And since Shadehawk is functionally Batman-lite, the one with more experience wins.

Forum Explorer
2012-08-21, 06:41 PM
Yeah, Batman has Giant robot suits.
http://i40.tinypic.com/35bsdus.jpg

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2/gallery/d/518080-4/P2150831.jpg

Old comics: http://www.comictreadmill.com/CTMBlogarchives/2009%20Images/PropBat104RobotBatman-thumb.jpg

Well those are awesome. However the last one looked like it was a Batman shaped robot made by some villian to kill Robin. It didn't actually have Batman in it. (Maybe? I'm just going by that one page)

Also Shadehawk has defeated giant robots before.

I'm going to have to say Batman. Why? Because he has decades of writers that have decided that he wins against nearly any foe imaginable with just some prep time.
Do I think this sentiment is stupid? Yes. A normal man should lose to the likes of Superman.
And since Shadehawk is functionally Batman-lite, the one with more experience wins.

How is Shadehawk Batman-lite? While he and his setting share some similarities with Batman they also have plenty of differences.

Also does Batman actually have more experience then Shadehawk? How long has he been at this and how often?

Logic
2012-08-21, 06:51 PM
Well those are awesome. However the last one looked like it was a Batman shaped robot made by some villian to kill Robin. It didn't actually have Batman in it. (Maybe? I'm just going by that one page)

Also Shadehawk has defeated giant robots before.

How is Shadehawk Batman-lite? While he and his setting share some similarities with Batman they also have plenty of differences.

Also does Batman actually have more experience then Shadehawk? How long has he been at this and how often?
Batman has 881 issues of just Detective Comics devoted mostly to him (Bruce Wayne.)

Not counting the Batman comics (715 issues) he has more comics detailing his adventures than nearly any other superhero. The types and quantity of foes he has defeated number in the hundreds, if not thousands.

Considering that he should only be a 30-40 year old man, he has about 15 years of experience as the Batman, give or take 2-5 years, depending on the writer.