PDA

View Full Version : AussirHurthia

Igneel
2012-08-20, 01:13 AM
AussirHurthia floats ever presently in the southern uncharted polar waters both because its ruler doesn't care much about drawing attention to his fortress, and because there are little to no disturbances while doing so. Always sailing in the eye of the constant blizzard stretching out to miles the fortress typically has little to worry about when it comes to invading sailing ships. Even when the occasional ship did pierce the blizzard and make its way to the eye they were in for a surprise more then likely. Upon successfully steering closer the nine frozen spires prove to be the peaks of a large iceberg, atop which squats a terrible blood-red ice city of brooding buildings. The whole city rides in the eye of the blizzard on a fairly flat mesa of frozen blood ice, the sheer cliffsides of which plunge directly from the edge of the city into the briny deep some 150ft or so. A enormous structure in the likeness of a dragons maw looks out towards the sea, behind its lower teeth a narrow gash cuts through the midst of these buildings, forming a treacherous harbor spanned in two places by bridges made of bone, metal, and red ice. A building seemingly carved from frozen blood sits on one side of this gash, and two massive towers of a mixture of normal ice and the red ice loom over it on either side. The gash leads to a massive cathedral of blue ice, and a towering statue of a dragon pinning down some creature with resemblences to a salamander along with discarded broken holy symbols of various sun, fire or light deities sits atop a promontory overlooking the gash. Scattered throughout the city are several tall pitted and hollow spires, and when the wind blows over them it generates a low mournful drone. Above the city squats a massive palace made of the red ice and seemingly stone, its facade seething with latent hatred and despair. But perhaps the most disturbing of all are the city's inhabitants; the streets choked with a large variety of humanoids and dragon humanoid creatures of evil intent such as Arctic Kobolds, Frostblood Orcs and worse. Cavorting amid these fearsome creatures are devilish creatures of all shapes and sizes.

This is AussirHurthia, the Bloody Blizzard Fortress, and floating fortress of the Vampiric White Dragon AussirKepesk.

-------------------------

AussirKepesk has been steadily working on the first of his sculptures personally, all the while four other sculptures are being worked on by invisible but expertly crafting Unseen Crafters wielding the masterwork adamantine tools that AussirKepesk has bestowed upon them. At the current rate of progress, he estimated that all five of the sculptures will be finished relatively at the same time and he has even gotten the block of ice for another set of five set up just in case the initial experiment goes exceedingly well. Stopping only for the occasional dip into his coldfire bath and to drink from his decanter of endless blood when absolutely necessary he has been much too busy to run his own floating paradise personally. Instead he's left that role to his 'Lady of the Ice' Gwyneria the frostwind virago.

Above the inmost vault where AussirKepesk was working, Gwyn has been running the show by instructing the clerics of AussirKhuno the Winterdrake and several of the sorcerers in their daily chores. She has already taken the time to designate several spellcasters both of divine and arcane casters for Burzum's 'Thought tank', and has them standing by for when the meeting is called for. For now, she is happily using her time crafting more undead while bossing people around, as they were her two most favorite things to do.

Unseen Crafter is a spell from 'Races of Eberron' that makes a Unseen Servant-like effect but they can only craft things. They have been ordered to take 10 on their Craft (Sculpting) checks making their results [3 (my ranks)+21 (my casting stat)+2 (MW tools)+10 ('dice' result)= 36] meeting the DC 25 for the statues.

Besides that, I guess this thread is open for business for the Gestalt Nations game drack is running.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-08-20, 09:39 AM
I'll be here eventually, as of now I must gain some knowledge and find you.

Igneel
2012-08-20, 04:04 PM
Dr. O
No worries, there were a few others that mentioned they might be sending people on over so I thought it better to start up my thread sooner then later. Especially considering my schedule change now that I work a night shift and sleep most of the day anymore.

Igneel
2012-08-26, 04:19 AM
drack
Here's hoping you've actually subscribed to this thread and will see this before I start trying to pm ya to get your attention or something...

How far along should I assume the sands of time have flown since I've come back home?
Did we ever come upon an agreement on the income/day rule?
When are the people coming for the cookies I've set out for visitors?

drack
2012-08-26, 05:07 AM
Igneel:
well we're on day six as I recall... :smalltongue:
No idea when your peeps will come
*takes cookie* Santa-style

Igneel
2012-08-28, 12:32 AM
Igneel:
well we're on day six as I recall... :smalltongue:
No idea when your peeps will come
*takes cookie* Santa-style

Day six, meaning at least 1 at the Forbearer's meeting, 3 at Gai's... So about 2 days worth of straight working on the statues for 48/80 hours done on 5 statues. Alright, so less then 2 more days to go till the first set of five statues are 100% finished. :smallbiggrin:

You didn't really answer my Gold/day decision question. This might effect what my citizens are building/casting around my iceberg to either fortify it further or for building up supplies.

drack
2012-08-28, 06:30 AM
first post change "week" to "day" :smallwink:

Igneel
2012-08-28, 07:56 AM
Ah... I'm blind.
Must be me staying up so many nights in a row. XD

drack
2012-09-02, 06:47 AM
Happens to the best of us :smalltongue:

Igneel
2012-09-04, 04:24 AM
I forgot, do my Undead population contribute to my taxes?

Besides that, I'm going to have to dig out my file on my population numbers again and figure out how much I've made these past few days. XD
I'm so dang lazy at times...

drack
2012-09-04, 06:44 AM
commanded? no.

Igneel
2012-09-04, 12:32 PM
Undead Leadership + Corpse/Skeletal Creature Template undead [which if I recall you okayed for Gai even though its from BoVD] actually.

drack
2012-09-04, 12:36 PM
... I did...? Eh I guess if I did it's fine. :smalltongue: Anywho leadership/nation yes, command undead/charm/summon/ect no :smallbiggrin:

Igneel
2012-09-04, 01:15 PM
Eh, either way I'm still getting a minimum of 142,768cp/day (still calculating the HD total) as that's my living population that my Leadership/kingdom/religion gets me.

Small Kingdom
Subtract 200k gp
Small Kingdom
Less than 10,000 inhabitants
Military size cannot exceed 50% of pop.
These are 1st level Warriors, with one 5th level per 1000 men.

9,500 pop for Small Kingdom
4,750= 50%

4,000 1st lvl warriors
4 5th lvl warriors
5,500 members of NPC classes

Religion
Subtract 1 mil gp
Priest of Well Known god
1k 1st level clerics, 500 2nd, 500 3rd, 100 5th, 20 10th, 3 15th.
Also 1k 1st nonclerics, 1k 2nd, 500 3rd, 400 5th, 100 10th, 20 15th.
50k members of NPC classes

1,000 1st lvl Clerics
500 2nd lvl Clerics
500 3rd lvl Clerics
100 5th lvl Clerics
20 10th lvl Clerics
3 15th lvl Clerics

1,000 1st lvl non-Clerics
1,000 2nd lvl non-Clerics
500 3rd lvl non-Clerics
400 5th lvl non-Clerics
100 10th lvl non-Clerics
20 15th lvl non-Clerics

50,000 NPC classes

Leadership

My Epic/Leadership: 30 [lvl]+23 [cha]+5 [modifier]+5 [misc]= 63
*1st lvl= 33,000
*2nd lvl= 3,300
*3rd lvl= 1,650
*4th lvl= 820
*5th lvl= 410
*6th lvl= 200
*7th lvl= 100
*8th lvl= 50
*9th lvl= 20
*10th lvl= 10
*Cohort= 28
=39,561

Alright, total taxes/hd/day for at least my living population comes out at ~211,449 cp/hd/day = 2,114.49 gp/day / 422.89 exp/day
Now to decide what to do with my newly realized 12,686.94 gp/2,537.38 exp + whatever that amount that you promised me for doing the table but never told me the actual amount since I couldn't find it.

I"m seriously thinking that others are doing a lot better then me, but I guess that's what happens when you decide to go for fun+fluff over winning+crunch.

Edit: Since I have been lax, going to throw out a Commune cast by my cohort Gwyn for today since I don't think you'd want me to backtrack all the way back to day 1 and repeat most of my questions for every day.
Just going to use 100 exp of my ~400/day for these questions.

28 questions:
1) "Are there any Simulacrums of the one I know as AussirKepesk currently in existence that I don't already know about?"
2) "Are there any Ice Assassins of the one I know as AussirKepesk currently in existence that I don't already know about?"
3) "Are there any Simulacrums of me currently in existence that I don't already know about?"
4) "Are there any Ice Assassins of me currently in existence that I don't already know about?"
5) "Have there been any simulacrums or Ice Assassins of myself or the one I know as AussirKepesk created since the last time I asked this question?"
6) "Has anyone in AussirHurthia's military been replaced by a foreign national since the last time I asked this question?"
7) "Has anyone in the government I run been replaced by a foreign national since the last time I asked this question?"
8) "Has anyone in AussirHurthia's military been replaced by a simulacrum or ice assassin since the last time I asked this question?"
9) "Has anyone in the government I run been replaced by a simulacrum or ice assassin since the last time I asked this question?"
10) "Has anyone in AussirHurthia's military been mentally controlled via magic, psionics, or other non-mundane means since the last time I asked this question?"
11) "Has anyone in the government I run been mentally controlled via magic, psionics, or other non-mundane means since the last time I asked this question?"
12) "Has anyone in AussirHurthia's military started taking orders from foreign powers or agents thereof since the last time I asked this question?"
13) "Has anyone in the government I run started taking orders from foreign powers or agents thereof since the last time I asked this question?"
14) "Has anyone in AussirHurthia's military taken bribes or favours from foreign powers or agents thereof since the last time I asked this question?"
15) "Has anyone in the government I run taken bribes or favours from foreign powers or agents thereof since the last time I asked this question?"
16) "Has anyone in AussirHurthia's military been otherwise coerced by foreign powers or agents thereof since the last time I asked this question?"
17) "Has anyone in the government I run been otherwise coerced by foreign powers or agents thereof since the last time I asked this question?"
18) "Has the presence of our nation here become known to any nations that I do not already know about since I last asked this question?"
If yes, count as #19- "Of those that know of our nation, which has the most power?"
If no, count next question as #19
19/20) "Has any nations that I do not already know about arrived from elsewhere or risen to power since I last asked this question?"
If yes, count as #21- "How many nations have arrived or risen to power since I last asked this question"
If no, count next question as #20
20/22) "Of these nations that have gained knowledge of our nation since I last asked this question, how many would undo the work of the one I know as AussirKepesk for his deity AussirKhuno?"
21/23) "Of these nations that have gained knowledge of our nation since I last asked this question, which is the closest to our immediate location?"
22/24) "Of these nations that have gained knowledge of our nation since I last asked this question, which lays closest to that of being of the alignment good as I know it?"
23/25) "Of these nations that have gained knowledge of our nation since I last asked this question, which lays closest to that of being of the alignment evil as I know it?"
24/26) "Of these nations that have gained knowledge of our nation since I last asked this question, which lays closest to that of being of the alignment law as I know it?"
25/27) "Of these nations that have gained knowledge of our nation since I last asked this question, which lays closest to that of being of the alignment chaos as I know it?"
26/28) "Is there any nation or population located at the northern most part of the North Pole as I know it of this world?"
27) "How close is the largest nation or population in relation to the northern most part of the North Pole as I know it of this World?"
28) "Are there beings close in relation to the northern most part of the North Pole as I know of it of this World suitable for purposes of testing the experiment the one I know of as AussirKepesk is about to conduct?"

drack
2012-09-04, 05:15 PM
+10,000 gold
(also remember free crafting xp replaces gold :smallwink:
Suppose I should check if you still wanna burn xp first. :smallbiggrin:)

Igneel
2012-09-04, 05:27 PM
+10,000 gold
(also remember free crafting xp replaces gold :smallwink:
Suppose I should check if you still wanna burn xp first. :smallbiggrin:)

Thank ye, will have to consult with my pdf's to see what I want to use that extra gold for.
*grumble* Then I will just use her Supernatural Spell from her Epic/Dweomerkeeper levels to by pass the exp costs. Thought I would at least try not using such things but then you go and do that. So, no I won't be using xp anymore. =P

drack
2012-09-05, 06:43 AM
1-10: no
11-18: yes
19-23: unclear
24: schwarzwald
26: unclear
27: there
28: unclear

an, the one drawback to this spell is unclear i the same for phrasing ad unknown. :smalltongue:

Igneel
2012-09-05, 11:20 AM
1-10: no
11-18: yes
19-23: unclear
24: schwarzwald
26: unclear
27: there
28: unclear

an, the one drawback to this spell is unclear i the same for phrasing ad unknown. :smalltongue:

1-10: Alright, that's good news.
11-17: Say what?! Oh no.. We can't be having people converting already! :smallfurious: Time for some interviewing.
18: Oh goodie, more nations knowing about a hermit dragon on a iceberg...
19-23: Doesn't know, can't say, or I worded it wrong, I figured.
So "In cases where a one-word answer would be misleading or contrary to the deity’s interests, a short phrase (five words or less) may be given as an answer instead." doesn't apply to at least the 'how many would undo the work of the one I know of as AussirKepesk for his deity AussirKhuno'?
24: At least one good nation has joined the fray it seems.
25: You didn't answer.
26-28: Alrighty then...

I know I'm going to be doing some more question asking later, but for now Gwyn will not stand for people infiltrating her government/military.
Going to start by calling for a immediate necessary attendance to a 'town' meeting by calling all the residents of AussirHurthia to the Blood Palace. Starting with the clerics, the other spellcasters, the military, and finally citizens using the cleared spellcasters for assistance and cleared military to keep control of the general populace.
There they will go through the usual security measures (ie, Arcane Sight scan for Enchantment and I believe Necromancy auras, a scan of alignments, along with a few other things such as interrogating them the old fashioned way), and those found with possible security breaches (whether they have been controlled, have a different alignment, etc) will be dealt with accordingly by at least dispelling the control and finding out who they are taking money from.
Assuming they aren't spies but were just being controlled she will let them off after asking if they remember anything that might be suspicious. Assuming they were taking coin under the table to give info they might be arrested pending on how long they have been doing it, or who they were doing it for. Assuming they are spies from someone's network, pending on their position in the hierarchy of AussirHurthia they might be left to continue what they are doing but being fed false info while she keeps an eye on them, or they will be dealt with like any other criminal via trial.

Edit:
Shall I do individual rolls, or do you just want me to say that she and anyone that helps takes 20? XD
For Gwyn:
Bluff- 27 modifier
Diplomacy- 59 modifier
Gather Info- 27 modifier
Intimidate- 57 modifier
Sense Motive- 52 modifier
Spot- 52 modifier

drack
2012-09-05, 03:22 PM
25: whoops include with the 24

Yeah it was more potentially long-winded stuff then five words or less, though I do occasionally use that. Also I assume you ask the ce dragon god right?

Anywho it's not so much people converting as new spies about, some people scry and wipe, others scry without scrrying. It's rather common for at least one person within any government or military to be doing something disloyal/traitorous/ect under the influence of a foreign power at any given time. How big's your nation again? A small community that won't be interrupted by you taking days to interview them all located in one small hamlet? :smalltongue:

Igneel
2012-09-05, 03:55 PM
25: whoops include with the 24

Yeah it was more potentially long-winded stuff then five words or less, though I do occasionally use that. Also I assume you ask the ce dragon god right?

Anywho it's not so much people converting as new spies about, some people scry and wipe, others scry without scrrying. It's rather common for at least one person within any government or military to be doing something disloyal/traitorous/ect under the influence of a foreign power at any given time. How big's your nation again? A small community that won't be interrupted by you taking days to interview them all located in one small hamlet? :smalltongue:

25: Okay then, something to look into at another date.

Ice Dragon: Gwyn actually doesn't worship AussirKhuno but rather an aspect similar to him and Auril the goddess of Ice and supposedly mother of Frostwind Viragos.

People Converting: I realize that, just that Gwyn doesn't appreciate anyone with any form of authority besides herself and AussirKepesk leading the people or at least influencing them. Because of this she prefers to root out the 'bad seeds' before they grow too numerous.

Nation Size: Its a Well known religion + Small Kingdom, barely as large as the other nations I'm sure. 9,500 (kingdom)+39,560 (AussirKepesk Leadership)+55,143 (religion)= ~104,203 citizens in AussirHurthia minus AussirKepesk, Gwyn, and her undead followers.
As for the activities, its not unusual for Gwyn to call for a town meeting, disguising it as a pep talk or religious service when she feels that something is not right, let alone that its literally almost a bi-weekly thing anyways for sacrifices and such.

drack
2012-09-05, 04:26 PM
Igneel

Well as an old player you can know that when divinations get a ways into the triple digits with a god on another plane they develop a migraine from keeping up with the time flow and grow irritable. :smallwink:

Non-disruptive: K

Anywho:
Enchantment: no auras (or if there were none now)
Necromancy: no auras (or if there were none now)
Dispel: nothing reviled
coin: no method declared

Igneel
2012-09-05, 05:10 PM
IC:
Gwyn only grows irritant at the lack of findings. But she's known for not taking a one-time go seriously as she knows there are some things that can be over looked. Telling those that she herself cleared earlier, she calls for other forms of magic to be scanned for ranging all the way from Abjuration to Transmutation, even for psionics and other such methods. It's only until a little later that her attention is drawn by one of the many dragonwrought kobolds alerting her to a messenger that has arrived in the form of a Archon asking for AussirKepesk to attend to a meeting.

"Oh... He's going to be happy about this... He's been up and about off his iceberg in the last week then he has for centuries. Deliver the news to him in my stead, I have a service to hold."
"Yes your lady-ship!"

Scampering off to the stairwell that leads down to AussirKepesk's old lair, where he presently is carving his sculptures without a care or worry about what is going on in the outside world the Kobold stops just at the mouth of the cave-room the Lord was carving in, several feet away from the frigid coldfire lake behind him.

"M'lord of the White Scales! There is a Archon messenger claiming to have a message from a leader of a nation not of this world. I forgot his lords name... something like Thrallagorn Algorithm? The mistress asked me to alert you and relay your message to him."

Looking up from his unfinished work, AussirKepesk looks to each of the other statues being worked on by Unseen Crafters. 'Still so far away... Why must I be bothered so much as of late?'[/COLOR] he thinks to himself. 'Still so far away... Why must I be bothered so much as of late?'

Letting out a sigh and a puff of chilling air the dragon starts stirring from his sitting position in front of his statue.

"Thank you child, you won't need to relay the message as I will do so myself. Your dismissed."

Dismissing the Unseen Crafters, AussirKepesk leaves his lair through the stairwell entrance and plods along the hallways of guest rooms sensing where the archon might be placed by one of his other minions.

Gwyn continues to have her casters investigate namely the military and the populace, seeing as none of them are over lvl 20 let alone the majority barely even making it over lvl 10 or 5.

And now going to forward this conversation over to the other thread now that for backlog reasons this part of the story is done for now.

drack
2012-09-05, 05:37 PM
No other magical auras (beyond what should be expected) remain on them.

drack
2012-09-08, 08:09 AM
Yeah the other thing about it was that his world doesn't suffer such problems. It's akin to his people having adapted customs to live with it as ours have to the cycling of day and night. Ah well. :smalltongue:

-stone to flesh: It could work. :smalltongue:
-see if undeads exist: chances are most do, but I'd suggest just gating them in instead...
-Planner Bubble: technically everything in the bubble is faster though, speeding both potentially enemies, as well as any local surfaces you are interacting with.
-Plane of gems: I don't recall one. I'd probably put something psionic of decent strength there though, so it' probably be easier to just go plane of earth mining...
-Profession (Miner): haven't read them, but it sounds reasonable. :smallbiggrin:
-percentage: I told you somewhere in the new breakdown there was a breakdown proposed and accepted, but for tax purposes flat one is a good assumption.

Igneel
2012-09-08, 04:45 PM
So what, they lived on the Elemental Plane of Light? XD Wouldn't that get boring? XP Now I really feel sorry for them not to know the joys of a midnight stroll under a full moon and night filled with stars.

-Stone to Flesh: Well I never actually attempted that along with Stone to Fleshing a statue followed by PAO-ing them. I thought that since I'm epic level that IC I should know relatively how nutritious and whatnot it should be but OC I don't know how much of that 'flesh' consists of skin/fat/muscle/misc and thus not know how good it is for eating.
-Undead: Gating has and always will be an option, as there are other things I want to Gate as well. But then I was also trying to avoid having Gwyn and AussirKepesk doing all the work as they are the only ones high enough to actually cast that spell with everyone else being lvl 15 at best.
-Planar Bubble: Not if I key it to a Unhallow or other area of effect spells that designates followers of a certain deity and can be placed on something semi-movable and such. :smallwink:
-Pane of Gems: Eh, better safe then sorry. But then I can also get the use of Stone to Mud/Sand for some extra resources as well so its not a big loss.
-Profession (miner): Its basically rules for how many creatures of certain sizes can work in a 5ft-10ft square and how fast they can work. Only a large-sized creature can work in such conditions but digs twice as fast as a medium, 2 medium can work in such conditions but digs twice as fast as small, 4 small can work in such conditions, etc etc. But kobolds are the exception in that 4 can work, 3 can give aid to the 'leader' but dig at the same rate as a medium sized creature. Then it also gives modifiers for certain material they are digging through from soft stuff like sand to really hard stuff.
-I don't recall and if you did I lost that info a long time ago. I do remember telling you that I thought it should be put in the first post of the OC/Recruitment. Tax purposes I've already done, what I was wondering is my levels for Experts as they are my miners, ship builders, merchants, sculptures, etc. Not to mention Adepts for minor spell casting aid.

drack
2012-09-09, 08:50 AM
Eh, not exactly... but a land of smiles, sunshine, gaiety, and laughter. :smalltongue:

-stone to flesh: not really sure where PAO comes in, but the flesh it's self wouldn't be the most nutritious, but it'd be enough to live. Think gruel minus all the vitamins that the vegetables usually add...
-Undead: yes, but for instance if you locate creature it has a far better chance of luring you to a necromancer's den...
-Planar Bubble: as I recall planer bubble doesn't show up on the hallow/unhallow list... I tend to avoid adding spells to such things as they have a ways of quickly becoming broken...
-Pane of Gems: true. :smallbiggrin:
-Profession (miner): sure, are we letting them keep their own pay and considering this the basis of your economy, and your resources available for trade, or is this a private endeavor?
-Adepts you can have 1/10 of your warriors be, citizens can be aristocrats, experts, or commoners at your digression. (still ends up close enough to level 1 for tax purposes)

Igneel
2012-09-19, 02:05 AM
Accepting the archon's return of the custom fair well and allowing it to leave, AussirKepesk leaves the room and dismisses his Polymorph spell that allowed him the shape of a kobold. Walking to the Heart of his castle he strides into the huge domed room encircled by his populace all under the decorated ceiling depicting his Lord AussirKhuno in the midst of a blizzard wings spread wide in all his glory. Upon entry the clamor and chit chat from the citizens ceases as they each wait to hear what their leader has to say with hushed anticipation.
Standing in the center he turns his head from one end of the audience to the other before speaking.
"My fellow children of the Winterdrake! I am most overjoyed to see each of your faces here in attendance today, as I have the most joyous news to share with you all. It would seem that we have some new neighbors moving in on our world, each bringing their own nations of all sorts from whatever worlds they come from prior to this. I have just met with a messenger from one such nation that wishes to possibly make a alliance with us, and I'm sure there are others as well."
Falling silent to allow some of his children to mutter some he gives a glance to Gwyn before continuing.
"So it will be most important of you, to try and remember any strangers that come to visit us, or unusual occurrences such as seeing things in the sky that shouldn't be there as they may very well be visitors coming to either spy on us or to learn more about us. Reporting such sightings or individuals may very well earn you some compensation pending on what it was you discovered, especially after its proven true. As you all are just as much of a show of strength and determination of our Winter Lord's power as I am, I will need each of you to keep up the good work while some may need to help me in future endeavors and will be paid accordingly. A listing of possible jobs to take will be listed in the public plazas so please step on up if you see a position your interested in.
That will be all for now, as we have lots of things to do to greet some of our new visitors. 'Till next snowfall' my children."

Upon finishing the assembled crowd starts to disperse. Gwyn quickly strides over to AussirKepesk in a fuming rage.
"What in the nine hells are you doing?! I found out that there was someone that infiltrated our nation and I need to sniff them out before they blemish my beautiful ice!"
"Patience my Snowflake. We have other matter to attend to first, some of which will help make your search easier."
Almost visibly deflating, Gwyn crosses her arms while turning her head away in almost a pout.
"... What did you have in mind?"
"We have grown lax in these recent years. I'll need your talents with ice and magic to sculpt at least a pair of Simulacrums, one of yourself and one of me. From there your duplicate can at least attend to the mundane investigating while mine will attend to various meetings. I'm going to get at least a mining expedition started for some resource gathering as we are running low on some resources, not to mention getting some casters resupplying our food storages with food. I'll discuss further plans afterwards."
Looking up to AussirKepesk she nods in return.
"Makes sense. What's done is done, and we do after all have more important things to do. I'll get to work immediately."
"Very well then. Now if you'll excuse me, I have wanted ads to have printed and posted."

OOC

-Stone to Flesh: Mentioned PAO as its one method some people use to turn a statue of something (lets say a dragonwrought kobold for example), Stone to Flesh to make it into a corpse of a DWK and PAO into a Dragon of your choosing. Didn't plane on doing that, but thought I would reference it for completion sake.
-Undead: Well fiiiine... Let those greedy necromancers hoard the undead then! I largely planned to Gate them anyways. =P
-Planar Bubble: Fine, fine. I'm sure there are ways for me to transfer it to an item for someone to carry if its necessary.
-Profession (miner): The ones that take part in the mining expedition get payed for it, along with more or less everything else. Honestly its something I was planning to start way back when but it kept slipping my mind.
-Adepts: Alright, not exactly the most helpful but then you can't always have things go your way all the time.

====
*Gwyn will use the last of her daily uses for Supernatural Spell to make a pair of Simulacrums, one of AussirKepesk and one of herself to bypass costs.
*Once finished, Gwyn's Sim (Glacia) will continue the searching for what possibly infiltrated their nation after being Telepathic bonded.
*Once finished, AK's Sim (Icetalon) will commence a Sending to Burzum.
"Update. Received news of multiple new nations. Halted progress for diplomatic discussion. Any nation need to know of? How's progress there?"
*AK is going to have some of his minions mass produce wanted ads for various jobs, mainly of miners, butchers, casters, and general grunt work.

drack
2012-09-19, 06:40 PM
OOC

Stone to flesh: And then you pop up an antimagic field and they're all dead again. :smalltongue:
Undead: don't forget the xp costs. :smalltongue:
Planar Bubble: well they technically could hold a good ten or twenty blokes each, no? :smalltongue:
Profession (miner): get payed for it, or get to sell what they find to you and to whomever else wants to buy some in your community?
Adepts: yup, beats nothing. :smalltongue:

Also, I have enforced on Simulacrum and Ice assassin a special "no tax evasion" ruling. Honestly it hasn't impacted production much, but it makes it a little more fair to those like gaiy who need to venture into the dark tundras and face off against epic necromancers to get their minions. :smalltongue: After all those two are wickedly strong...

Igneel
2012-09-19, 11:33 PM
OOC:

stone to flesh: Which is why you pop a second pao to make it permanent :P

Undead: supernatural gate avoids that tax as well.

Planar bubble: kobolds technically, less if bigger but yeah.

Prof. (miner): pends on what they find. Mostly for general. Things like sand or mud they get paid, more valuable stuff they can sell to outside consumers but we are kinda limited on trade routes currently. T-T

Sim tax: pfft. I find it funny that I have to pay the tax for that yet I can skip over paying the tax for wish or miracle along with gate which are known for their shenanigans. And really? Are you really saying my two characters that would be reduced to a lvl 15 and a lvl 14 character doubles are strong? You've got to be kidding me. Somehow I doubt it according to the water cooler rumors I've heard since the new meat started. But its your ruling.

Someone pointed out to me that vampire lord doesn't have a la because it has a prerequisite of needing 10hd before you can even take it. Why is it we added a la again?

drack
2012-09-20, 05:54 AM
Igneel

Stone to flesh: Which doesn't really affect this scenario... :smallconfused: Permenant magic is the easiest to negate. :smalltongue:

Gate: fare enough. :smallsigh: (*silently hopes it's limited/day*) :smallwink:

Prof. (miner): OK, just making sure you're not tyrannically leaving them with just enough for bread and slop. :smalltongue:

Sim tax: And they're the ones using it more, you do the math. :smallwink:

Vampire lord: I believe it was because it's strong. Did I miss something that pays it off instead? :smallconfused:
(or are we suggesting the vampire template shouldn't either since it requires 5HD? :smalltongue:)

Igneel
2012-09-20, 10:04 AM
OOC

Stone to flesh: And I'm quite certain that insentaneous spells like a a creature hit twice by pao can't be negated (dispelled maybe), but then I'm also AFB and can't exactly confirm my argument with links while on my phone.

Gate: Gwyn can only use her supernatural spell 4/day (if memory serves), and considering she already used at least one for Commune for the day...

Prof (miner): Of course they get nice things! Its part of their healthcare since they are risking their hides by going to a plane that has earthquakes, elemantals that squish intruders like them into paste, chance of being suffocated either in stone or other material, etc. They are my coal miners in essence.

Sim tax: So you admitted that the others are doing things like that, along with other things I'm sure, yet here I am with only two casters above lvl 20 trying to squeeze out a single sim each as to lessen their work load?
What exactly about my characters makes them so 'powerful' according to you when I honestly feel like I'm having a hard time comparing to some of the others again based on rumors I've heard and have tried to ignore? Its not like I have have over 9th level spells in both arcane and divine power for Aussir for example. All he really has going for him is the paragon bonuses.
How would I stat out the Sims anyways since both of them took paragon and class levels on one side along with their monster classes with classes or templates on the other?

Vampire Lord: (humanoid) Vampire only needs 5hd (with a tax of +8la) or you turn into a vampire spawn which according to libris mortis taxes a 4la. For draconic vampires they have to be at least adult age or be turned into zombie dragons and if they meet that get a 5la.
After having a look at it I am kinda loosing out on some things, but whatever. Just was hoping to if it was possible to do some editing.

drack
2012-09-20, 11:52 AM
Igneel

PAO twice: It's just a permanent spell, and will be negated so long as it is in such an area resuming after the subject exits the zone. Now it's important to keep in mind that the way I interpret it the first duration continues to tick down decreasing the second as it expires. Another point to note is that animating a corpse of a human into a human is likely close enough to be permanent regardless of repeated castings. :smallwink:

Gate: k :smalltongue:

Prof (miner): Coal miners or gold miners. The important distinction would be that gold miners work for themselves and keep their profits, coal miners likely work for another receiving a set pay for risking their hides and allowing the bulk of the rewards to pass onto another.

sim tax: So you're saying that if one person makes 20 simis and another character doesn't I should give sims to the second since the first already has some? :smallconfused: Should I give them an ice breath too? that's the problem with blanket rulings is that while they can impact everyone and overall make the game more fair they do affect everyone to some degree. Were I to instead do individual tax what would you suggest I tell the person that I'm charging exorbitant amounts, and then were is the fun when everyone gets an ice breath just because you have one? No, their power is slightly exaggerated, but they are a bit stronger and for one reason. This is a political game, and you there have started with a healthy army and fortifications, a share of land with which to do what you must. Now nations drop in and need a place to reside. Chances are they'll be fighting their way through a whole NPC nation before they ever get near you. Now I'll admit that I do regret my "all accepted" declaration when I run into the one or two player (doc-o and Shady) who think me saying drop the power means become stronger and that they need a nurf means they're not quite god yet, but shady will listen if spoken to, and O will have his own "nurf" be it a more DM moderated one... Also remember always, always 5 epic player with nations behind them should be able to take out any one, this is PVP and the strongest is usually the quickest to fall. :smallcool:

Vampire lord: again political game there are plenty more ways to be strong then to have a decent sheet. :smallwink: You decide there's someone in your group to get rid of you gather support from outside then from other members. You feel that another player is a threat, you gather your group and extra allies. You feel that you need defending build a larger group. You feel that you yourself need more power, you try to get more man-power, spell-power, ect. You yourself feel too weak you go off and search for an artifact, godhood, or just hone your skills in the mountains. You feel you and your military are too weak go to war and weed out the weak seeds battle-hardening those that survive. :smalltongue:

Igneel
2012-09-20, 12:48 PM
Pao twice: alright, wasn't important anyways but happy to of got that cleared ahead of some unfortunate misunderstanding and hasty post.

Prof (miner): they should be happy to even leave the iceberg. Bad enough I'm trying to figure out how to mechanically do undead mining underwater. I should get at least a few casting to determine where something of value could be below the water surface one of these days.

Sim tax: I'm only saying that if they started off with said Sims before starting. I'm pretty sure at least one person from my group had at least one for the start meeting. How can you compare them having Sims possibly tax free before they start (I assume since they cost XP and I'm pretty sure everyone is lvl 30) to a class feature that I got for my 20 lvls in white dragon? As while the Sims are the subject matter I feel that there can be other things easily sneaked past that select players can do but others can't even think of much less do.
I'm aware that this is a political game, but when some people can pull certain shenanigans others cant despite having vaguely similar builds for example I raise eyebrows. Such as the immortal material being a key offender to my sense of some balance. But whatever, I'll just do it the old fashioned way somehow.

Powe gain: if hunting down allies, divinity or artifacts is what it takes, fine. looks like I'm just going to have to step up my game as meger as it is. Honestly I'm tired of hearing how someones Sim took down epic creature of xCR by himself and expects to level up whatever times or other blathering that sounds utterly ridiculous nonsense.

Going to be thinking about my next course of action to replace my sim order for Gwyn. Still going to do everything including the sending message to gai/buzurm.

drack
2012-09-20, 01:19 PM
Igneel

Pao twice: yup.

Sim tax: nah, they made them in game. :smallsmile: Immortal I'm gonna need to agree, though most of it could be done with so much less CR, and I think I've only approved one case of it thus far. In any case people I've seen have used taxes to cover xp and gold to craft a scroll or some such and make it that way. Pretty sure nobody started with one...

Prof (miner): hmm, I wanna say there are air bubble spells, but one isn't coming to mind. :smalltongue:

Power gain: *glares at shady* yeah, not quite how it happened and of course there are (political) repercussions to such rash actions... :smalltongue: needless to say it is never that simple.

Also remember if you're looking for something big (artifact, divinity, ect. The seers of the Fool are a good first stop. :smallwink:)

Igneel
2012-09-20, 01:36 PM
Prof. (miner): not so much making it so living/undead can survive as much as the fact that I'm not all that familiar with the kinds of resources one could find in a arctic ocean along with transporting it from the 'mine' to the ever moving fortress iceberg.

Sim tax: but... It costs XP and gold to cast, and if memory serves you need to cast it to craft it into a scroll or item along with whatever it costs to make said item? So I can see the taxes used to pay the creation cost but what about the casting cost? (item creator noob here)

Power gain: either way, I'll figure something out eventually. A visit to the fool maybe put on my to do list in anycase.

For now, how about a casting of a locate creature/scry for a leviathan (mm2) to pass the time? I think a week or so is long enough for AussiKepesk to finally need actual blood rather then his magic artificial blood.

drack
2012-09-20, 03:06 PM
Igneel
Prof. (miner): Ah, I thought you had been thinking how to account for the increased drag of them being underwater. :smalltongue:

Sim tax: If I recall (which I may not) the x/gp of the spell gets added to both creation cost and market cost...

Power gain: not the fool himself, but his seers, he's kinda hard to catch himself. :smalltongue:

True enough. Your spell tells you there is one just west of the dark storm.

Igneel
2012-09-20, 03:44 PM
IC

A feral look temporarily crosses AussirKepesks face for just a brief moment, but long enough for his eyes to darken to a deeper crimson.
"Change of plans Gwyn. The vampiric urge is coming again. Might as well make a sport of it while we can. Come with me, we are going whale hunting."
"Whale hinting sir?"

Going to fly out with Gwyn son distance away from the iceberg, approximately a mile or two.
Then Gwyn is going to Supernatural Spell (Gate) the leviathan to their location. Some 900ft above the ocean surface.
Aussie will ready an action for when it appears to breath his ice breath.
Once it appears, the battle will begin >:D

OC

Prof (miner): and the traffic tickets for littering!

Sim tax: I'll have to look into it. I already know there is a potion in frostburn that works for 26hd and less targets at least.

Power Gain: just might of found a way... But I meant his seers. Visiting a diety isn't as easy as some thing.

whale: not anymore its not :P

drack
2012-09-30, 07:21 AM
Igneel

Ah, remember what I was gonna do :smallbiggrin:

Power Gain: k

Whale: A massive Leviathan falls from the sky and swims downward.

Igneel
2012-09-30, 07:01 PM
IC:

You seem to of forgotten that I had Gwyn cast it 900ft in the air, even a Colossal creature has some time to fall at that height. Given that according to its entry that it has a 50ft by 200ft face, and 15ft reach it has a ways to fall.

But until then...

I believe this counts as a Surprise Round against the Leviathan.
Readied action for AussirKepesk activates and he breaths his line Blizzard 340ft dealing [roll0] damage, half cold half negative energy (unless its undead then its just cold damage) courtesy of my Breath of Unlife metabreath feat with a Ref 48 for half (unless you buffed it, it's Ref mod is +16 meaning even a Nat 20 causes it to fail). [roll1] rounds of recharge.
Blizzard: Reduces speed of creatures that fail Reflex against breath weapon by half for 15 rounds, even if they're immune to cold. Multiple failed reflex saves stack (minimum speed of 5ft), but target may remove this penalty by taking a full round action to shake off the snow and ice.
If it takes any damage from this breath AussirKepesk's Wear Down ability activates.
Wear Down: Every round if a creature is somehow damaged by the Dragon, it takes a cumulative -1 penalty on AC, Saves, Skills, and Ability checks (max one decrease per turn). If by any reason the White Dragon fails to damage the opponent for 1 turn the penalty disappears.
Gwyn used her Standard action to cast Gate so I'll rule she doesn't attack this round.

Assuming that was the Surprise Round

AussirKepesk initiative: [roll2], [roll3] (rolled twice thanks to Ring of Anticipation, take the better value.)
Gwyn initiative: [roll4]
Gwyn will use her North Wind power to create a 1 mile long cone of Windstorm level cold wind (no effect on the Leviathan for being blown away even with the save based on a different DC). Leviathan being Colossal Sized takes 1d6 cold damage + 1d6 nonlethal damage = Gwyn's HD for [roll5] Cold/[roll6] nonlethal.
Assuming the temperature is below Comfortable (in fact it should be closer to Severe Cold or Extreme Cold) the Leviathan takes [roll7] nonlethal damage along with the temperature falling yet another temperature band if not already Extreme Cold within 200ft of the one mile long effect.
If it wasn't Extreme Cold, Leviathan is effectively Fatigued. If it is Extreme Cold, Leviathan is effectively Exhausted.
In addition, the Leviathan is now effected by the Shivering status effect.
Shivering foes suffer a -2 penalty to attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks and ability checks. Environmentally, the effect obscures line of sight for one round, and all tiles within range are covered in snow.
Gwyn's Frostwind powers ignore cold resistance of enemies and deals half damage to creatures immune, while not effecting allies. In addition it ignores immunity to Fatigue/Exhaustion effects.
AussirKepesk will stall this round.

Total: 208 damage, 124 nonlethal damage.
Assuming this is a typical Leviathan using the statistics in MM2, its currently at 288/496 HP.

drack
2012-09-30, 07:39 PM
Igneel

20 would still get auto success... anywho Rolls: 11, 14
In aerial 1 move is *2, 4 moves*2 at speed of 90 give it 720', it's submerged (initiative: 12)

Water begins to Ice over as it submerges due to the storm. Also still wondering at that pin-point accuracy of the gate given you only have a vague direction given the spell you used... Oh well, this works better anyways. :smallamused:

Edit: oh yeah and sorry bout the off the books rolling. SRD likes me less then the forum, but I've gotten too used to behind the screens rolling. :smalltongue:

Igneel
2012-10-01, 09:28 AM
OC:

20 would still get auto success... anywho Rolls: 11, 14
I didn't know we were playing with Auto-fail/success rules save for crits.

In aerial 1 move is *2, 4 moves*2 at speed of 90 give it 720', it's submerged (initiative: 12)
I'm sorry but what? Unless I'm very much mistaken falling is different then aerial diving as from what I recall, a air-borne creature can only opt to 'dive' to double its descent as if in a Charge typically if they have a fly speed. Leviathans only have swim speeds... Should be falling at ~300ft/round if not faster but I always forget the right speed for falling.
How is it getting four moves in one round? Pretty sure the best it could do is a Double move.

Water begins to Ice over as it submerges due to the storm.
Again, I'm pretty sure that you can only do a aerial dive if you have a fly speed, otherwise your just falling at a set rate.

Also still wondering at that pin-point accuracy of the gate given you only have a vague direction given the spell you used... Oh well, this works better anyways. :smallamused:
Pretty sure that I mentioned doing more then just Locate Creature to find it, just used it to get a rough idea where one is before attempting other divinations. Not to mention that Gate just gates in a creature that I want anyways, but yeah I just kinda assumed that given the right preparations I would of found a Leviathan anyways.

Edit: oh yeah and sorry bout the off the books rolling. SRD likes me less then the forum, but I've gotten too used to behind the screens rolling. :smalltongue:
Its alright, just remember to roll the damage it takes from hitting the water as well.

Will wait for answers concerning the fall rate/4 x movement inquiry I put up before posting from there as I was quite certain that both of my characters would of been able to pot shot it at least once each before it hit the water.

drack
2012-10-01, 09:59 AM
Igneel

Auto save/fail on saves: heh, I thought it was saves, hit/miss, and not skills. Always thrown off a bit by what's a variant rule that everyone uses and what's a normal rule that everyone uses. :smalltongue: So which is it again?

airial diving V. falling: mostly just me being too lazy to recalculate it... lets see, yup, just under 1060'/round 1 ignoring friction. :smalltongue: ~120MPH=~ terminal velocity therefore it's semi realistic, as soon as it hits the water it can technically still do it's quadruple move moving it's 720' under the water. You have two move actions in a round, but about half the people forget that you can always run without the feat as a full round action going 4* your speed instead of 5* And this is why you really shouldn't be making me do this sort of math on the spot. :smalltongue: In any case you can't aerial dive through water, so in this case it has made it's way 360' underwater. I'm assuming a big fish into water hurts about as much as an earth elemental into stone (not enough to bother registering). Now should I proceed to calculate it's velocity at the time of entry and coupling it with drag and buoyancy give it another ~83', or shall we continue like that? :smalltongue:

Gate: yeah, I' rolling with it. :smallbiggrin:

Falling: pretty sure it's a rather soft landing considering that it's form is kinda designed for that sot of thing... or were you to five under water would you take damage too? :smalltongue: In any case you can probably kill it easily in the water.

Igneel
2012-10-01, 10:47 AM
OC:

Auto Fail/Succeed: Largely I've seen it so many different ways I don't remember 100% anymore. I believe it was largely auto fail/succeed for at least skills if not attacks as well but then I never understood that rule especially if a person has a high enough modifier to actually hit the DC they are aiming for all the same.

Aerial Diving vs Falling: There are rules for this sort of thing you know drack. Flying down (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/movement.htm#movingInThreeDimensions) doubles the normal 'flying speed', as while falling (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/environment.htm#falling) doesn't grant you that as you generally can't control your fall unless you have a way to fly/float/levitate/etc such as a Feather Fall spell to slow it down from 150ft/300ft (Minimum forward speed in the Moving in Three Dimensions section is closest I can find to a actual fall speed). Not to mention I don't think you can 'run' while falling as there is a lack of a way to 'run' in the first place. A Air Walk spell would conceivably allow someone without flight to run, but I can't see how a creature that swims and only swims could do that with or without the Air Walk or similar spells to aid it. It can only 'run' in the water unless you gave it the Amphibious template from Stormwrack or something similar for a land speed or if it has flight in some form while flying it can run as well. As it stands from what I can find it falls at least 150ft first round, then an additional 300ft the next, and continues falling 300ft till it hits the surface of the water.

Falling: Again there are rules for falling (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/environment.htm#falling) into water, even if they are aquatic they should take damage from terminal velocity as water displaces differently for certain objects at certain speeds. I'm picturing the whale if falling belly-flop style and thus that's alot of water that has to move in a very short time. Consider a human belly flopping from certain distances above the water surface and consider how red their bellies get as they get higher along with how much water they displace.
Assuming I'm correct, the ocean should be more then 10ft deep, so the first 20ft fallen deal no damage. The next 20ft do nonlethal (1d3/10ft increment), and beyond that it goes into 1d6 lethal damage/additional 10ft increment.
Damage from falling generally caps at 20d6 damage in most games as per DMG rules, and I've played games that ignore that rule. Going with the assumption that 20d6 is the cap, 20ft ignored (880ft left), minimum 20ft nonlethal (860ft left), rest (860/10ft= 86) lethal should more then go up to the 20d6 within 900ft.

Honestly, I think your trying to BS me drack :smallcool:

drack
2012-10-01, 11:17 AM
Igneel

Auto save/fail: never heard of it applied to skills, always thought it was attacks and saves. :smallconfused:

Falling: That was an actual calculation tracking unit conversions,, the low friction of a wet smooth body falling through the air. One can control how they fall, though not the speed, and that was the natural acceleration rate of a falling object. the control of how you fall picture a man skydiving. he can spread himself out reaching his arms and making himself horizontal to the ground maximizing his drag and minimizing his terminal velocity, or he can dive head first refusing to level out, minimize his friction and maximize his terminal velocity (a good way to get yourself killed if you're diving onto a rocky cliff...) In any case I used the terminal velocity of a pencil dive found online to determine that friction would more or less be negligible especially considering that when whale skin will cause less drag then the human form which was not really designed to minimize forward drag. (IE sadly I wasn't BSing you) Though
I had forgotten the falling into water rules (kinda messy without them) :smalltongue: Anywho remember to slow before hitting the water then with those there. :smallbiggrin: [roll0] nonlethal [roll1] lethal. Anywho I removed the added "running" speed when I calculated it's actual distance fallen in 6 seconds... (though I am having trouble seeing how you're making "sport" of this if you summon it into the air and expect to kill it in the air... I don't mind if you wish to do it that way, just seems a touch droll for "sport" unless you're thinking what I'm thinking... :smallamused:)

Igneel
2012-10-01, 03:19 PM
OC

Auto save/fail: There are a few skills that don't allow re-rolls and taking 10/20 and such which is why I listed it. Personally I just took critical hits and made it so if everything meets the minimum DC (even if rolling a 1, save certain incidences) critical failures never exist in my games.

Falling: And there you go bringing the real world into a fantasy game with rules for just as many things as they don't have rules for. Stop killing the catgirls, RL logic isn't DnD logic. =P
Honestly I don't think that a whale should be able to maneuver its body into a dive considering their girth and lack of experience of trying to nosedive into the water from a higher height then what they can jump.
So does it take Gwyn's attack (as I said it technically wouldn't hit the water for another round or so.) or are you staying with your supposed logic that if someone was falling they could 'run' to speed up the fall despite the fact that a fall rate is a set rate as per the d20srd?

Sport: Your definition of sport is different then my (or at least AussirKepesk's) definition of sport. He's interested in letting loose his primal urges he's been holding back for some time now all while thinking about the next step of one of his plans. In any case, its going to die one way or another even if I didn't bombard it with magic that deals damage.
As for what your thinking, I doubt I'm thinking what your thinking, but your welcome to try and think you know what I'm thinking. :smallwink:

Still have to think about all those days I've 'missed'... So we are doing this whale hunt on day 10 huh? If so then I'll have to do something for days 7-9 besides the taxes/cost of living/whatever.

drack
2012-10-01, 04:02 PM
IgneelAuto save/fail: Well most people have already been tossing stats at me for how any fails on saves against their barrage of spells I should have even if the DC is way too low, so I suppose we'll be going that way. As for 10s and 20s on skills 20 is just retry until you can get one, 10 is a fare average if you take your time since again skills are commonplace things. They aren't actually a critical success/fail, just a notion of how easy they are. :smalltongue:

Falling: does it actually give a distance fallen in the books? I honestly didn't see one and thought you were tossing one out off memory (over which I will trust the math :smalltongue:) In any case D&D really is rather mathematically accurate with a few approximations and mostly the numbers given are just to make it easier for you. From the standpoint of one not seeing it listed and knowing an easy way to calculate it I don't really see how it's "killing the catgirl"... :smallconfused:
Yes the attack still hits (I' assuming it falls on its turn), I'm giving you the surprise round, and as I said the second falling number is off gravity, not any running/diving mechanics.

Sport: ah, well as I said I'm not opposed to it starting higher up, or there being a different acceleration or whatever if you wish/the book says so. :smalltongue:

If so then I'll have to do something for days 7-9 besides the taxes/cost of living/whatever: now why ever so? :smalltongue: I purposely structured this that if you have tie you can get ahead an o things, and if you don't you're not necessarily further behind, you're just a wiser/slower to act ruler. :smalltongue:

Igneel
2012-10-01, 05:36 PM
OC
Auto save/fail: Exactly, kinda pointless to use the autofail/succeed mechanic for some people's DC's or modifiers they are throwing around I'm sure.

Falling: I gave you a link to the closest thing I could find... 150ft first round of falling, then you start falling at 300ft/round afterwards as per Minimum Forward Speed from "Moving in Three Dimensions (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/movement.htm#movingInThreeDimensions)"

Minimum Forward Speed
If a flying creature fails to maintain its minimum forward speed, it must land at the end of its movement. If it is too high above the ground to land, it falls straight down, descending 150 feet in the first round of falling. If this distance brings it to the ground, it takes falling damage. If the fall doesn’t bring the creature to the ground, it must spend its next turn recovering from the stall. It must succeed on a DC 20 Reflex save to recover. Otherwise it falls another 300 feet. If it hits the ground, it takes falling damage. Otherwise, it has another chance to recover on its next turn.
As this is the best I can come up with for a falling speed (only other mention is Feather Fall which only mentions it slows it down to 60ft/round for duration) and if memory serves its what other Dm's have used for my past aerial characters that's generally what I thought was the correct speed.

Sport: If it makes you feel better, when/if it hits the water it should more then likely meet the conditions of one of its special attack forms that involves a small tidal wave.
Cannon ball! XD

If so then I'll have to do something for days 7-9 besides the taxes/cost of living/whatever: Largely I had planned this to happen on day 6, and after that I was going to be finishing the first of my statues along with starting my mining/resource gathering explorations among other things. I haven't been doing as much as I should have and its making me leery that the time line for all I know is messed up now with me Sending a message to Gai what I thought was Day 6 and is apparently Day 10.

drack
2012-10-08, 04:05 PM
Igneel

The best archer in the world can still miss as the strongest caster or feeblest mind can... you get the idea. :smallwink:

"As this is the best I can come up with for a falling speed" yup, I'll go with it if you want, though it's more of an estimation for someone trying to fall slowly then who wants to go down. Again think skydiving. You make your downward surface area tiny/aerodynamic, and you'll fall fast, make it larger/less aerodynamic, and you'll fall slower, open up a para-shoot to do the latter on a grander scale and it'll impact your fall at a grander scale. Passing through water is much as passing through air once you get over the chemical differences (in your case being unable to breath in the one), and the density difference. As such a form well suited to minimizing drag in water should work similarly well in air with the smooth wet surface only adding to this so in this scenario, and the one you've quoted is someone most likely with wings, or a cloak to slow their descent, and if not then they would sill be trying, and for that scenario the numbers match up well. You're perfectly free to drop it from a higher point. I'm not going to hold you to anything, and if you really want I'm willing to go with these numbers this time, mostly just pointing it out. :smalltongue:

Sport: :smalltongue: 2000' sound fair? :smalltongue: nah, it can be as you wish it. I was mostly giving it the benefit of logic since I had thought you were seeking a challenge.

Largely I had planned this to happen on day 6, and after that I was going to be finishing the first of my statues along with starting my mining/resource gathering explorations among other things. I haven't been doing as much as I should have and its making me leery that the time line for all I know is messed up now with me Sending a message to Gai what I thought was Day 6 and is apparently Day 10. Sorry bout that. Publicly announced it, and really had intended the timeline to be one of those things that can be ignored more often then not. just didn't want to end up with year long days like the last one. Anywho is it really that big a loss to have been making statues for an extra X days? :smalltongue: